Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-26-2004, 03:53 PM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Talking Some pretty funny and very effective motivation

Hello, all ~

Just wanted to share something I discovered at Skwigg's website -- I've just recently discovered her blog and, through it, her awesome website. A quick heads-up: there's some off-color language, so if you'd rather not be exposed to that, don't go there -- but I found this not only really motivational but also pretty hilarious! I'm not yet where I need to be in the Discipline in Exercise department, so this just really spoke to me! The timing of reading this was quite good, since I've got JuJu's words of wisdom regarding choice fresh in my mind. I've been thinking a lot about all of this lately.

Anyway, this funny bit at Skwigg's made me think of you guys; I know that more than a few of you can competely relate to this guy talking to Bob. Hope you enjoy it!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 04:44 PM   #2  
Lady Farrier!

Thanks for reminding me about her site! I remember it but hadn't seen it in a while. I've bookmarked it now.
EquiTammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 05:58 PM   #3  
Mel

Skwigg is very entertaining, but I sure wouldn't look to her for dietary advice. She was never overweight, and seems to have the metabolism of a rabbit. But, yeah, it is pretty funny.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:09 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

Yeah, Mel, I was thinking the same thing when I read her blog -- fortunately, I've got things well covered in the Eats Knowledge department and so don't easily fall prey to irresponsible dietary advice.

What I particularly enjoyed about her site were the resources she provided in terms of links to other sites and the good reads like this one. I found some real motivational value in her site, but not a lot of new information. Dr. Hussman or Dr. Weil, she's not, but funny and motivating she is!
Old 09-26-2004, 06:23 PM   #5  

THAT WAS WRITTEN BY A CHICK?

I coulda SWORN a guy wrote that, LOL, funny nevertheless!
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:38 PM   #6  
Meg

No, no, no! It wasn't written by a chick! It's a classic piece from Testosterone Magazine (T-Mag) written by a guy named Chris Shugart back in 1999. It's pretty well-known in the bodybuilding world and you see it reprinted frequently, like Skwigg did on her site.

T-Mag is kind of interesting, if you ever want to check it out: http://www.t-nation.com/index.do It's really hard-core and very male-oriented but it has a lot of interesting info about nutrition and workouts if you can get past the macho crap. Karen's posted several of their articles in the stickys here at LWL (somewhat edited, I believe )

Sarah -- she's a great writer and has lots of good links, but don't you think she's just a little bit ? Though I think she'd be the first to admit that she's kinda wacky.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:53 PM   #7  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
Sarah -- she's a great writer and has lots of good links, but don't you think she's just a little bit ? Though I think she'd be the first to admit that she's kinda wacky.
Yeah, just a tad -- that's one of the things I like about her!
Old 09-26-2004, 08:58 PM   #8  
Meg

Hey Sarah -- congratulations on the 64 pounds gone! I just realized that you're almost halfway to goal -- woo hoo!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:39 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

Aww, THANKS, Meg! It feels very, very good. I've been having some lung problems which have stalled my exercise, and that in turn has slowed my loss considerably -- but I'm still on the right track. I'm sure that the lung thing will get sorted out in the coming weeks, and in the meantime, I'm planning to do what I can. Something is better than nothing, right?