Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#6)

Sherry
09-25-2004, 06:56 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/welcomefall

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

gdeann
09-25-2004, 10:32 PM
HI girls!

I made it back from the craft show and am now 100% depressed! I took over 1200.00 in materials which was LOADS because I keep my prices very reasonable. I only sold a little over 300.00! the attendence was extremely low and people were looking, not buying. The only possible good of the day, I had a lady confront me about teaching at her cities rec. center. It would be about 1 hour from me and if I decide to do it, I would probably hold a project class once a month with a certain minium amount of students. I told Steve I will do my show in November, then I'm hanging up my hat with craft shows. By the time I figure fuel, meals out and other expenses, I'm basically going in the hole.

Sher & Shelley, I can't believe all of the kids still making messes in their pants. I'm sure if it's happening with you guys, it's going on in Allison's school too. Thank goodness Allison has a bladder the size of an elephant, I have to remind her to go to the bathroom.

ShelleyM
09-26-2004, 05:52 AM
Gayle-Don't be depressed about it. People are probably waiting for the holidays. You should do great in November.

Another day, another hurricane! Luckily, we are just getting winds and rains. I don't think I'm going to be able to run today. The gusts are at about 40-50 mph. Good thing I ran 13 miles yesterday.

bootwoman
09-26-2004, 06:07 PM
Gayle, I bet Shelley is 100% right. People are just waiting closer to the holidays. I'm sure the next one will go great! Hang in there girl.

Shelley, so glad you didn't get hit hard this time. Enough of these hurricanes already!!!

mzbhavin
09-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Sherry.....OMG...I am so glad you are ok...Make sure anytime from now on get any kind of meds ask what it is so it doesn't happen again...Take it easy ok.

Shelley.....Don't be depressed and glad the weather didn't effect you to bad. Mom&Dad really got pounded but no damage.

Carol...Hope you get to feeling better

Dee......My goodness my friend you amaze me with your strength and hopefully they can find something to relieve your pain. Anyone who has been thru it long enough it is you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that the pain lessens for my friend.

Gayle......Hey don't be depressed either...You are a special person with a wonderful talent and you will be fine....Get some rest also.

Well off to call the family in Tampa and see if they are ok again.

Love and have a great nite.

Vicki

tinagailh
09-26-2004, 11:46 PM
Hi!! I just wanted to pop in and say HI :wave: and catch up on reading everyones posts.
Hope you all had a great weekend and have a great Monday.
Love :grouphug:
Tina

Sherry
09-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Hi :wave:

Where is everyone? Kinda of slow here today. Hope all is well.

Gayle,
I agree with Shelley. I believe that in November you'll do real well. It will be right before Christmas and that's when most people start their Christmas shopping.And they always like to buy crafts for the ones on their list. Don't be depressed. It was just a bad month and most people aren't in the mood to start shopping for Christmas yet. Keep your spirits up and be looking forward to Nov!!!!! ;)

Well guess I better get my clothes in the dryer and get things ready for work tomorrow. BTW: Went back to work today and overall I do feel better.Still have a bad cough though.

Also.....I hope my poll wasn't too personal! Did you like my FALL welcome sign?

Hugs.........

tinagailh
09-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Hi ladies
Sherry I don't think your poll was too personal. I like the polls and enjoy seeing the results. Your fall welcome sign is so pretty. Makes me look forward to a nice fall trip to the mountains. Glad you are feeling better.

Gayle, I agree with Sherry. This next sale will be a great one. Everyone will be into their Christmas shopping mode. Do you make candles. A friend of my dads gave me some of the best smelling candles for my birthday and my whole house smells like apples.

Dee hope you are feeling better.

A big HI! and HUG! to all my Floozie friends.
Love
Tina

gdeann
09-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Tina, I haven't ever tried candles other then painting on them. Although, I went through a soap making spurt a few years ago.

Sherry, I like the polls, never too personal here, I'm not getting any, so at least I like to see others are!! :-)

I'm still depressed about the whole craft show thing. This was an annual show that in the past, I would of had triple in sales. People had no interest in buying, special orders or even signing up for classes. I told Steve I'm tempted to give it all up and go find a part time job I can do while Allison is in school.

Shelley, how did you fair through the last storm??????

ShelleyM
09-28-2004, 05:48 AM
Gayle-We only got some wind and rain. No big deal. I got bit by something on my neck either when I was out running or sleeping or something. Anyway I have been itching and scratching. Join the club. I am very, very depressed with myself. Both money and weight. I can't seem to get back OP, maybe being OP and depressed come hand in hand. Please don't give up the crafts. You are so talented.

Tina-Gayle painted a beautiful candle for Becky last year.

Sherry-I don't think your polls are too personal. I enjoy them very much! I am glad that you are feeling better. Things were more calm yesterday at school since the clinic girl was back where she was supposed to be. I actually got some work done! I hope I didn't speak too soon. Today's another day!

Sherry
09-28-2004, 08:24 AM
Gayle...Don't give up yet!!!!!!!! Wait until November and see how it goes. OK??? Your work is too good to just give it up! BTW: Are you still making the wine? I know you can't sell it at the craft shows :lol: but was just wondering!

Shelley....Here's a BIG HUG for you!!! :grouphug: Think of all the others in worse shape then you. That always makes me feel better! Smile baby...We love you!

Gotta get to work.....Pssssst...Debbie is off today so that means she should post today ....right?????

Have a great day!!!

gdeann
09-28-2004, 11:44 AM
Sherry, I'm still doing wine when I can. In fact Steve and I have a 7 gallon batch of mead (wine made w/ honey) and 3 gallons of strawberry wine that we need to bottle ASAP! We should of already bottled it about 3 months ago... it's a good thing wine improves with age!!! Steve is getting ready to brew a batch (5 gallons) of a cherry oatmeal stout beer one of these days. UCH!

Shelley, I'm glad to hear your ok!!!!! Are you putting anything on your neck? If you notice swelling, you better go to the doc. I'm sorry your depressed, life stinks big time at times. I admire you SO MUCH because you can lose the weight and maintain within a 10 pound range. Unlike me, who can lose the weight, go insane and eat, eat, eat and regain it all back!

I ran to the store today and stocked up on healthy foods. I am going to count calories and watch my sugars, that seems to work the best for me. Tonight I am making grilled chicken salads for dinner and serving FF SF pudding for dessert. I am back up to 16's, how sad it that? I am going to get into the routine again of walking. I have been so centered on everything happening around me, I forgot to focus on me. I am also going to start telling most of my relatives NO when they want me to do something for them. Gosh, I sound like a bi*ch , don't I???

Carol101
09-29-2004, 07:46 AM
It sounds like the blahs are going around. Me too.

Gayle: You have more talent in your little finger than I will ever have. Don't give up yet. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!! Hang in there.

Shelley: So glad you are okay with all this bad weather your way. Take care of your neck bite. Maybe the vampires got you. :lol:

Sherry: I am sorry I don't say it enough, but I just love your surveys and your Welcome pictures. Please keep up the great job your doing. I am glad you are starting to feel better. How are your legs doing?

Dee: Hope you are doing okay and those drugs aren't too hard on you. Love you. {{{HUGS}}}

Ramona, Vicki, Tina, Jennelle, Debbie, Doni, Cheryl... come out and post soon. Miss and love you all.

gdeann
09-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Carol, how are the ankles doing???

bootwoman
09-29-2004, 02:34 PM
I'm on day 3 of eating like I know I should. I just hope it will last. I'm so worried about Dan and I know that when I get that way it triggers the eating monster. I hope we can all stay OP this week. Hope you are all doing well.
Love and peace to all my Floozie Friends.

gdeann
09-29-2004, 03:12 PM
SEDING MOTIVATIONAL VIBES YOUR DIRECTION RAMONA!!!!!

I shot the hunger monster for ya!!! :-)

Deelite
09-29-2004, 03:27 PM
I am here, a little slower than normal, and tired too. I am doing much better. I talked to my surgeons nurse monday and she said that I was suppose to be weened of the meds I was going off, not to quit cold turkey. Fortunately I only had the pain and not the withdrawls. I have been taking the nerve pain pill for many months now so I had a build up in my system. This new meds are pretty scarey. I am forget alot of things and peoples names, places things like that. I start the full dose today so we will see how it goes. Now that I am back on the old meds I am feeling much better. Oh boy I sure had a rough week. It was really bad pain and no sleep. Thank you for being there for me.

Sherry I love your surveys. Of course I had to vote to see what everyone else thought. i am the one that thought sex was extremely important, exspecially now that I haven't been to do it. lol

Well I am pooped. I just had it on my list today to check in with you all. Time or a snooze.

Love you all.

tinagailh
09-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Hi Everyone!!

Gayle I love Strawberry wine!! I always get a bottle for my birthday. This year it was gone just hours after I received it (I shared it LOL) If only I was closer to you. You are very talented please don't give up. Everything seems slow now.

Ramona you are doing GREAT!!! 3 days I cant seem to make it one.
Love
Tina

gdeann
09-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Tina, since you like the sweetness of strawberry wine, have you ever tried a perry? It's wine made from pears. It's very light and sweet, great for a summer wine.

Dee, I'm so happy anytime I check this board and see a message from you. I think of you daily and only wish for the day you will be feeling back to normal.

ShelleyM
09-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Dee-I knew before you admitted it that you were the 1 for the extremely important sex!! I feel the same way as Gayle. I am always so happy to see a post from you. Now I will jump up and down for joy when you are able to join me on the exercise thread again. I pray that it will be soon for your sake!

Ramona-Sending hugs and prayers your way that Dan is safe.

Sherry
09-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey :wave:

Kinda slow here. Hope everyone is safe & ok. Just dropping in to say hi!

Love & Miss All.....

gdeann
09-30-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm here Sherry, just always busy.

I think I forgot to finish the computer story to you all. We did purchase a new one, we went to Walmart aand purchased an emachines with windows XP. Within a few days it started acting up, so we went ahead and ordered a Dell. The Dell should be here tomorrow and Steve will probably get it setup over the weekend. Thank goodness Walmart has a 15 day return policy on their computers. The Dell has extra features and with the free shipping, we only paid around $38.00 more.

tinagailh
10-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi!

Gayle I have never tried a Perry. Not yet anyway I will have to try one. Let me know how you like your Dell. I am in the market for a new laptop and was thinking of going with a Dell. My brother just graduated from college and his first job is at Dell. He works in the customer service area helping customers troubleshoot and his wife works in the assembly area. HMM wonder if they get a discount?? LOL

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Tina

gdeann
10-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Tina, my husbands travels on the road daily and listens to a radio program featuring Tom Martino. He is a consumer advocate, suggesting which product lines are the best, etc. He said as far as computers go, if you purchase anything other then Dell, then it is junk. * his words, not mine :-)
My SIL purchased a Dell about a year ago and is very happy with it. Ours arrived today, so Steve will probably get it setup later today or tomorrow.
Go to the liquor store and ask for Lambrini semi sparkling Perry, Bianco. It's semi sweet, easy to drink and cheap! I think it runs under $4.00 a bottle.

4myloves
10-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Hey everyone. Been traveling a lot with work again. Too depressed to post on top of that.

Spent last week in Kansas City (Hi, Gayle). Ate KC strip steak for three meals, delectible meals at the hotel, and just OUT every meal. Got back and weighed in at 254 pounds.

I have officially GAINED 15 pounds since I set the goal for myself to lose 34 by the end of the year. Not been walking/exercising any either. Gotta get back into the groove.

Maybe with today being Oct. 1st I can throw myself back into it.

Geesh, I sure hope so.

Sorry to be such a downer today. :(

Cheryl

ShelleyM
10-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Cheryl-Sorry to hear you have been down in the dumps also. Please join in with me when the Oct. exercise thread gets going. I need your company!

gdeann
10-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Cheryl sweetie, don't get so down on yourself. WE LOVE YOU! regardless if you weigh more then you want to right now, please post. WE MISS YOU!!!
If you were going to splurge then the Kansas fed beef you got in KC was the best around. KC is known for barbeque. I live in a little dinky town in Kansas, not near the size of KC, I'm about 5 hours away.

bootwoman
10-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Cheryl, just start fresh today and go from there. Don't look back or dwell on the "if onlys".

Gayle, I have a Dell at home, at work, my dad has one, we had one at the store, Ben has one, and we have one at church; Absolutely no complaints with any of them! I think you will love it and the customer support is great.

I have no idea what has happened, but for some reason I am finally back in the groove. I am so motivated and not even thinking about food. I just eat what I need to feed my body in a normal way and forget the rest. I haven't even been hungry. Maybe it's the cooler weather, or some mysterious alien force that has taken over my mind. Whatever it is, I'm glad it has arrived. I'm down 3 pounds this week and feel encouraged for the first time in a very long time.

Hope you are all finding the motivation you need also and wishing you a peaceful weekend.

siamese
10-03-2004, 05:44 AM
hello friends!
well i to been dealing with pain,had to go on anouther pred burst!

sherry,i love your welcome pics!
how are you feeling?
im is catagan529
you can go keyword pilates,i use windsor andstotts.
windsor is fast paced but has a modifier in it.
stotts is more gentler.love em!
i cried to when i read ramonas letter.
i wish you all the peace and stenghth thru this transitional time.

dee,im so sorry your going thru all this new stuff!
my moms got sciatica as well it freezes her up so bad sometimes.
imon aol 9.0 and a dell the little icon is at the bottom of page.

shelly,oh my goodness your job realy keeps you hoping!
hang in there love,im fatter and poorer!

carol,i do feel your pain,i was diagnosed with ra 5 yrs ago,i have it in my toes,feet,wrist,fingers,spine,
im on celebrex,methtrexate sp?prednesone.
as i said before i had to burst this morning.

gayle,hang in there im sure you will do much better with the holidays,im biased ,i love my dell!

ramona,wohoo on the weight loss.
you go girl!

ive lost 2 more pounds,yippie!

doni
275/242/237 mini goal

gdeann
10-03-2004, 10:20 AM
Doni, hang in there. I hope your feeling better soon. Predisone can be a nasty drug, I took it several years ago and had horrible side effects. Do you home school year around or do you have it setup like the public schools? I have a niece who home schools year around, so just curious.

siamese
10-04-2004, 02:54 AM
gayle,i homeschool year round.
its easier on both of us.
if we miss a day its not uncommon to school on the weekends.
its quiet today,hope everyone has a great day.
doni
275/242/237 mini goal

siamese
10-04-2004, 02:58 AM
testing to see if my picture is here.
doni

siamese
10-04-2004, 03:01 AM
yea!
here i am.
doni

ShelleyM
10-04-2004, 05:36 AM
Doni-What a sweet picture! You are very pretty and so is your daughter! I

Sherry
10-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Hi :wave:

I had a very busy weekend! Went to Mom & Dads Saturday, went to Debbie's Saturday night and on Sunday I cleaned, washed and mowed the yard. I also set all my Halloween things out. It looks so cute outside & on my deck.

Doni.....I like your picture!!! Also..congrats on the 2 lb. loss!! :cp:

Cheryl....Sorry to hear that you're down in the dumps. I know how it feels to gain weight and not be able to lose it. Guess we all do or we wouldn't be here. ALL my pants are so tight! I feel like the good year blimp! :( Keep smiling though...WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

Hello all to everyone else! Hope all is well. Love & Hugs.....

gdeann
10-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Doni, the picture is great! Is there anyway you can post it in the photo album? It's so small, I would like to see a larger version of it.

Sher, I started to decorate for Halloween this weekend too. We purchased a 4' tall inflatable Halloween kitty that we planned to use outdoors. After reading the instructions, he is for indoor or covered porch use. So now we have a kitty cat dressed in witch clothing holding a pumpkin, in our livingroom. Allison loves it though! Every night she gives him a big hug and kiss. How is the weather there on Halloween? It's usually freezing here and takes the fun out of trick or treating. Steve & I are talking about dressing up this year when we take Allison around to the relatives homes.

I am trying to stay OP, probably 75% of the time, hopefully I can work up to the full 100% soon. I made a low cal. potato soup over the weekend, everyone ate it and never noticed. Sher, you have the recipe in the WW stuff I sent you. We had chicken taco's last night using FF cheese etc. I'm gradually trying to weed out the bad stuff and have healthy foods replacing some of our regular recipes. Do any of you use sour cream on your taco's? I did something different last night and everyone liked it. I used reduced fat ranch dressing, mixed it with salsa and we used it as a sauce.

I hope everyone is doing well, it seems like we are so slow here. I hope one of these days everyone will get caught-up with life and we can get back to posting the way we use to.

4myloves
10-05-2004, 02:38 PM
I just bought two powerball tickets. Jackpot is up to $140 million. If I win, we Floozies are gettin' together!

gdeann
10-05-2004, 06:39 PM
WHOOO-HOOOO!!!!!!! Cheryl, I'm ready! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Sherry
10-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Cheryl......Correction:It's up to 177 MILLION!!!!!! :cp: Yep....I hope one of us wins!!! Don't forget us if it's you!!!!!! :D

Gayle.....Are you using the new Dell???? I bet it's so fast! Nornally on Halloween the weather is ok. Last year we didn't have to have coats on.The year before...we did. I hope you & Steve decide to dress up. That will be cute! Make pictures!!!!! :spin: Thanks for the tips on making stuff low fat. Sounds good!

ShelleyM
10-05-2004, 06:53 PM
I am talking to myself over at the exercise board! Where is everyone? You must have at least 1/2 hr. to take a walk or run!! Come on, Floozies!!

Sherry
10-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Shelley....Funny you posted that because I told myself TODAY that I should get my BIG BUTT :ink: out there and walk! Or go back to the "Y" that I'm paying for! Sorry you're lonely. I'll be back with you soon...I promise! :crossed:

BTW: Did you like Frankenstein walking??? :lol:

Sherry
10-05-2004, 07:01 PM
STOP!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #7......A New Thread Has Been Started! ;)