Old 09-25-2004, 08:17 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post SAHM #256 Saturday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:25 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Morning everyone

Morning ladies. Hope everyone had a good night. Of course, I didn't but only 1/2 because of Andrew. I didn't go to bed until 1230, I was watching a movie, but also we've had some burglary attempts at some neighbors and such here very recently, and dh was out late with friends so I was sort of keeping my guard up. I did go to bed but only dozed and everytime a dog barked my eyes popped open. Then when dh got home and got in the shower it was 145, Andrew started his waking up every few hours thing. I was hoping to sleep late today since it's Saturday, but at 555, Ally wanted to get up and watch cartoons, I told her to go back to bed. Then again at 700 and it was already getting daylight, so I got up. But that's okay, I'm staying home today and after lunch we can all have a nap. Alisa won't be home until close to dinner time.
I didn't do much since I last posted, I did win an ebay item for Andrew, I think a couple of sweat suits or something. I watched Man on Fire, it was okay. I did cry alittle.

Jill, hope you got all those errands ran yesterday.

Spryng, hope you're enjoying dh being home.

Penny, is there a party this weekend?

Hello Geri, Michelle, Mel, Cindi, Deana, Amy, Chris and everyone else out there. I think I'm gonna enjoy my coffee and do some ebaying for a while.
TTYL
Old 09-25-2004, 08:39 AM   #3  

GOOD MORNING CRYSTAL!!! I do hope you get in a nap today. Me too. got in at 12am and because Bugga didn't take is mylanta for the babysitter, he was up at 1230 and 4:30. It may have been he was just looking to see If I was there too. Anyway, Today is just taking abigail to dance and getting the breaks fixed in the car. Then I will clean the house to prepare for the party tomorrow. It's pretty clean, just need to vacuume and do the bathroom, which I won't do till tomorrow. The tidying I will do today just so tomorrow is a breeze.

Have a good day all. ttyl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:50 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Geri,
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
WE ARE SO GLAD YOU CAME!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM THE 3FC GANG!!!!!!

Deana,
Sorry I didn't get a chance to put in my 2cents on the dilemna's..... But I am glad you got it settled! Congrats on the water!!! Awesome!

AMY,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Melissa,
THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PATRICK! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

DON'T Cha just love my voice.......lol

Melinda,
I am so excited you joined ww. Hope you do great!

Crystal,
Sorry you didn't have a good night! Is it any easier with one gone. I don't ever really think it is for me... but it depends on what kid is gone..lol

Amy,
How did dinner go last night??? Did you take any pics? Hope you had a great time!

Chris,
I am so sorry you lost your post! GRRRRRR! Hope you have a great day! Your daughter has copper hair! Cute Does it wash out??

Michelle,
Congrats to you!! I know you are excited about your weight loss! Awesome!

Jill,
CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS! YAH! So what about the new haircut??? I wanna see!

Kristen,
HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!! What's planned for the weekend?

Cindi,
How is Chrisitan feeling?? Hope all is well now!

Ok Ladies..... I sure hope I didn't miss anyone! Today is Hunter and Nicholas's big day and it is in 3 1/2 hours!!! EKKK!!!! I have so much to do!

Have a great day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 10:11 AM   #5  

Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't get a chance to get back on yesterday, but we got in pretty late. Dinner was okay, everything I got last night was from the WW menu at Applebees, but for some reason it didn't agree with my stomach. I was up all night with the awfulest stomach ache not related to my TOM. I'm still feeling a little sick from it. I don't know if it was the oils or cheeses they used, but whatever it was I wasn't use to it. I probably won't be on too much today, I've got to get ready in a little while to go to my cousin's wedding. Thank you all for the b-day wishes!!!

Crystal: I am so sorry you didn't get enough rest last night. I hope you get in a much needed nap today.

Penny: I know the boys will have a great b-day party and get lots of neat stuff!! Sorry, but we didn't take any pics last night, I dont' even think I have any film for my camera, but I need to get some before I go to the wedding!

Mel: I hope you get in a nap too! Sorry bugga kept waking up, but you're right, he probably just wanted to make sure his mama was there!

Spryng, Cindi, Michelle, Ricci, Melinda, Geri, Chris, and all the rest of you wonderful ladies, I hope you have a great weekend!!!! Get some rest!! Take it easy if you can!!

Amy

180/174/140
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 10:43 AM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies...
How is everybody? Not too bad here. Today is my "drug" day as I call it. I get the pleasures of all my medicines today so I usually feel sick by evening time. The price you pay when you have arthritis, I guess.

Penny-My daughter is a copper head yet. My sister has put her off til tomorrow. Tonight Tiana gets baptized at church and they do a full submursion thing, so we did know if they have chlorine in the water but I didn't want her hair turning any stranger.

Hi to everyone else. I don't have much time. The school district does a fundraiser every year at the park. It's called Saturday Live and gives the PTA for each school a chance to make some money for school things. They have like 100+ booths for the kids to play games at. You can get 4 tickets for a buck and each game cost 1-2 tickets. A cheap way to spend the day. Then we hustle home so Tiana's dad can pick her up and take her to church. He's getting baptized too, and they have to attend a baptism class beforehand. So me, my husband, and the rest of my huge family are watching. It'll be neat.

We watched 50 First Dates last night. Tonight its Mystic River. 50 First Dates was funny but also kind of sad to me. Can you imagine going through the rest of your life not remembering the day before and starting all over again. I couldn't even begin to imagine the heartache you'd go through every day finding out what happened before. Not that she'd remember, but..
Or the family that had to tear her world apart every morning to start the day. SOOO SAD!!!!
Gotta go, my creep crawly child is on my lap now making it hard to type. She's got her paper and her pen...demanding to know my name so she can write it down (not like she can write or spell, but she loves to pretend). She's a little too smart for a 2 yr. old. BTW-I posted some pics on the MSN site. None of me because I can't get the scanner to work. But I had some recent pics of my kids and husband stored on a disk. TTFN...
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 11:33 AM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Penny, you're right it depends on which kid is gone and since Andrew is always my biggest problem then it wasn't any different.

Amy, sorry you had a stomach ache all night. Hope today goes better.

Chris, I know what you mean about that movie. I cried like a baby when I watched it. But imagine the love they had for her to go through that with her, even though it may break her heart for a few minutes every morning, the love it took for them.

Anyways, just got out of the shower. I'm gonna get some cleaning done. TTYL
Old 09-25-2004, 12:54 PM   #8  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! Had a pretty good day yesterday. A lot went on and it's too much to type so I will just say it was a good day! LOL Bayley got shots and did great and she is in the 97% percentile for her height and normal for her weight and head so that was good and I got my hair done and got a couple things on sale at the gap, then we went to a football game last night and it was a great one. Ok so I did tell you what I did but not going into all the details

Crystal sorry you didn't sleep well last night. Cool about e-bay. Did you get a good deal? What kind of sweatsuits? I love buying stuff on there.

Mel sorry bugga didn't sleep either. Hope you get a nap in! Happy birthday to him!!!

Penny Happy Birthday to your boys!!! I hope you have a great party. I'm sure all your planning will make the party turn out great!!! Hope to see you on soon!!

Amy have fun at the wedding and sorry about your tummy ache. Any chance it was food poisoning? I hope not!

Chris sorry it's your medicine day and it makes you feel sick. That's the pits! Cool about the babtisms though! It should be a great night!

Ok guys I don't know how my house got so bad. I was doing so good for awhile with flylady but somehow I fell off the wagon. I need to get cleaning or I will be doing it all day! I'll check in later!! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 12:59 PM   #9  
I'm a homeschool mama

Jill, I don't remember what brand of suits these were. They look almost brand new in the picture. ONe is solid red and the other has navy blue pants and blue and green striped shirt. There were also 3 sleepers, which look worn, but that just means comfy. All that for total, shipping and all, $7.50. Not bad, huh?
Glad you had a good day yesterday and Bayley did good. That makes for a nice time. Can you imagine taking 3 in for shots at the same time? I actually did that once until Alisa and Ally were caught up. Andrew just lacks one which is behind. Anyways, we've just finished lunch and I'm waiting for Andrew to fall asleep then hopefully it's nap heaven for me.
TTYL
Old 09-25-2004, 03:40 PM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Hi gals- flyby for now. Still using DH's computer, but still wanted to quickly check in. We finally got the bedroom together!!! I'll try and post pictures later.
Is it Geri's Birthday?? Happy Birthday!

TTYL
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:04 PM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Hi again Okay, Here is a link to my photobucket album with photos of the redecorated room. I forgot to take a closeup of the bedding - but it is primary colored, safari pattern. I thought this would be easier and less slow than loading all the photos here. Click on the link if you want to see photos of the redecorated bedroom/bathroom.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v454/loveliam/New%20Room/

Let me know if this doesn't work . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:17 PM   #12  
I'm a homeschool mama

Leigh, I looked at your room and it looks so nice. Is this just a guest room? I love the theme and colors. Way to go. I love that bed too.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:06 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies!

Guess it is easy for me to catch up today! YAH!

The boys had a wonderful day! It was soooooo nice!

I didn't wanna get cake and pizza and all that good stuff all over the dojo so I brought my own tables and we sat it all up outside under the trees!

The karate lesson was inside and all the kids had a blast!!!

Sensei wants to hire me on to start doing parties for him... This was his first real party. Neat idea... I'll let you know if he really does..

Anyhow, everything was so nice and the boys had a great time!

I have a couple pics I will post then I'll do some more later. I have a friend coming over to scrapbook

Crystal,
Congrats on the clothes! Not bad at all!

Amy,
Hope you have fun at the wedding! I know how you feel about eating out and things tear your stomach up. Congrats for going on the ww menu though! Good for you!

Leigh,
Great job on the room! to you!

Chris,
Gonna go check out the pics.... And yeah it is a sad concept to the 50 First Dates Movie.... It was very cute... I cried at the end when she saw her little girl!

Jill,
Glad you had such a good day! Sounded like it was full! I will join you flying tomorrow if you are not finished..... My house is in bad shape AGAIN TOO! lol but it can wait till tomorrow!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2004, 06:17 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

OOOOpppppppsssssss.........lol

I have a couple pics...

One is Nichola's cake
One is the party.... outside...
And the other one is the boys being Junior Sensei's for the day!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boysdojo.jpg (39.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg nicholascake.jpg (29.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg boys2.jpg (45.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-25-2004, 06:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Leigh it looks fabulous!! I love it!! I have a palm theme in our guest room which will be our master bedroom in a few years but for now my girls can share a room cuz I'm not comfortable letting them sleep upstairs alone. Is Liam walking yet? I know he was getting close did they figure out what was wrong with your computer?

I slept most of today I needed it, but also because I had to take a demerol for my cramps they were so bad LOL like you wanted to know that lol I am starting to plan Teagans Party which is going to be very small just my sisters and parents there so I'm thinking just cake and maybe like cheese and cracker and relish tray OR I could make a big sub (or buy one) and cut it up so there will be mini subs.

Crystal hope you get some good well needed sleep tonight!!

Jill glad Bayley did well with her shots and such. I want to see pics of your hair!!!

Ok I got pics of teagan walking that I want to post. Gotta go upload them to photobucket first. BRB

ha ha bet you didn't even miss me!!

What a cutie but of course I'm very biased lol
Ok I'm gonna relax a little before I have to go to work!
Love to you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote