South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 05:41 PM   #1  
Slowly Changing My Life..

S/C/G: 250/239.8/145

Height: 5' 5"

Smile Hello...again!

Hi everyone.

I registered here awhile back and started the SB plan. Along the way, I totally stumbled and just fell off the wagon. I am back now (beginning on 9/27) to get my life together and start taking care of myself. I've been having a lot of problems lately with my back that have me out on disability right now - and the one major thing my doctor told me was to get the weight off. I can't believe how out of control I've gotten. I am almost at my highest weight ever (when I was pregnant with my second child). I don't want to be like this anymore. I am starting to battle depression again, I feel embarrassed when I see my kids' friends, walk in the stores, look at clothes, etc. My husband is behind me 110% to lose the weight and says he loves me the way that I am, and always will - but is frightened for me for health reasons. To put it blunty - it is quicker for me to tell a doctor what doesn't run in my family than what does.

Right now I am suffering from a few herniated disks and degenerative back disease with arthritis on top of it. I am only 34 - and I feel like I am in my 70's! I don't want to accept this way of life anymore. I have 3 kids that I want to enjoy life with, and my husband as well.

Anyway - this weekend will be spent getting in groceries and reading the book cover to cover. Thanks for letting me come back and I really look forward to walking on the beach with you all to the better lives/feelings that await us in the end.

~P
Old 09-24-2004, 06:00 PM   #2  

Welcome to the Beach! We'll support you in any way possible. Let us know if you have any questions.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Default You will do great

I know exactly how you feel. I am very embarrased about my weight, especially now that i weigh more than i did when i was nine months pregnant. It is awesome that your husband is supporting you. I know that means a lot to you. Me on the other hand is as single as they come. I think that it is ok because it is giving me a chance to focus in my self and what i need to accomplish. But we are glad to have you back on 3fc and we welcome you with open arms
Old 09-24-2004, 06:13 PM   #4  
RNMOM

Default welcome

Good luck in your journey. You have half of it won, a supportive family. You can do it!
Old 09-24-2004, 06:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back! This time you're going to do it! Just fight through those cravings during Phase 1 by remembering that your life and your health is worth so much more than the 30 seconds to taste that potato chip or Snickers bar! You can do it!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:22 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome back! I'm with you re: the depression... hang in there.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:51 PM   #7  
Slowly Changing My Life..

S/C/G: 250/239.8/145

Height: 5' 5"

so much for the support - it is greatly appreciated!

I have been reading back posts and seeing how everyone is there for each other with all the ups and downs, and I really look forward to becoming part of the group.

~P
Old 09-25-2004, 10:53 AM   #8  

You can do it! Your goals are reasonable and your support sounds great. The support of the wonderful group on this board is amazing!
Old 09-26-2004, 07:19 PM   #9  
Conquering with SBD

Welcome back. I know how you feel - I wouldn't go to the dr. for my annual check-up when my weight was out of control. I think that was about 5 years I missed. He still has no idea that I was 30 pounds heavier than when he has seen me, and he still gave me a hard time about my weight. If I can take the weight off, you can do it, too. Take care.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:09 AM   #10  

Welcome TXmomof3! We have a few things in common. I am also from Texas, have 3 children and my weight goal is 150 lbs.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:19 AM   #11  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Welcome back!!! Best of luck to you.

Lauren
Old 09-27-2004, 09:27 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome to the beach! Well it sounds like you have your mind made up to do it and to me that is the first and foremost important thing! You have to want it to do it. You hang in there no matter what and we will be here to help and support you in any way we can! I'll keep you in my prayers for your physical problems. Lots of hugs and support goin your way!
Closed Thread