Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:40 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Funky Friday

I am getting interviews for Part Time jobs... My first was at Laura and she just wants to check my references... It has a good base wage + commission. I have another one at my old store (Northern). I liked Northern but wasn't huge on their clothes (actually, their clothes are generally huge on me (well tops at least, their pants have a lot of hip room though and go to size 18 for anyone who's interested), but found the people working there loads of fun.

Anyhoo, hope everyone is doing well... no talks between the union and the government yet (yet the PM will talk about the NHL labour dispute...don't get me started)...

So all of Ottawa it seems will be on strike or locked out soon.

I am feeling bloated and my eating hasn't been too bad... except for Tuesday I haven't gone beyond using 3 flexpoints (my week starts on Wednesday)...

Lori and Kierie: heyas! BTW Lori, do you have a jogging stroller?

Cheers!

Ali
Old 09-24-2004, 11:19 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Hi ya! Things on my end are busy as usual, but I thought I'd pop in...Kier, congrats on the 3#down!! Nice suprise. I am still committed to not weighing until closer to the wedding, but I might sneak one in on Monday, just to see how it's going.

Well, last night my DF went for his stag. He had a good time and came home stinkin' drunk - he ended up in the walk in closet! It was super funny. I was up laughing at him and of couse, am dead tired today.

GOOD NEWS! The bridesmaids dresses arrived yesterday. ABOUT TIME. So now I have to get them and get the girls to have them altered. I would think they'd be more eager, but none of them were excited about it. I figure, not my problem. I have enough to coordinate without worrying about thier dresses...they can go get them altered or wear them as-is!! I know it sounds b*&chy but it's really not...this is a super stressful time!!!

Ali - Laura has nice work clothes and you'd prob find you like the folks too. Good $$ is also nice...hope things work out soon with the job!

Hi Lori!! Good job on the gym!

Well tomorrow i am getting my hair highlighted and then we're having our pics taken for our engagement (professionally - for FREE!!) and after that I have to clean my house for my sister's baby's baptism on Sunday. Busy weekend...but next week should slow considerably.

OK I better head out and get some work done....I have to shop at lunch for gifts - it's hot birthday month!!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:01 PM   #3  
Running Babe

Belle: ah my BF hasn't shown up drunk in a while, although when he does he's usually very complimentry of me. Anyway, I figure the Bridesmaids dresses alterations should be left up to the bridesmaid. I got mine adjusted on my own when I was my friend's bridesmaid. The only problem with Laura is I would be tempted a lot, but I figure I'd be tempted even more at the Gap or Smart Set.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 09-24-2004, 12:53 PM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Hey ya Ali!! Yup, I'd hooped at Reitmans. I shop there WAY too much - I can do the reg sizes in shirts and skirts and the plus in pants...I'd be broke if I worked there.

So, it's almost 11am and I Have only had 5 points and I don't feel hungry - what's up with that. Of course, I have had butterflies for the past few days- I think it's just nerves!! I have one week til my next dress fitting...i am nervous about that!! What if the alterations look bad????
Old 09-24-2004, 01:23 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

OK....

I just looked at my 12 week diary and I plotted out the days and the points target for each day. I figured in the days I have to eat high (ie: stagette dinner is a five course morroccan feast, and Genna's baptism I'll eat higher too) and figured out how to accomodate it all. If I eat according to my target daily, I'll be awesome! I have 15 more days in my little self-BBC Challenge. I know I'll feel good if I can at least say - yup, I was totally OP the 18 days leading up to my wedding! I have also plotted in workouts until then, taking into account my course and studying, and when people arrive. I should get in 4/week, roughly.

Yay that feels good. I should do that every week, then I'd be more OP!
Old 09-24-2004, 04:27 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies this is the first moment I've had to myself all day woke up wayyy late our alarm NEVER WEnt off and I've been running ever since
I had compliments on my second article!
I've been wacky today and eating left and right mostly healthy stuff except for 1 80 calorie cookie and a mini box of junior mints
My gram wanted PB&J for a snack so I made her one the usual way 2/3tbsp pb and enough jelly to slide down a slip and slide
but for me! I was so proud b.c PB is my weakness 2 tsp of pb 1 tbsp of jelly
and you know what? IT tasted the exact same
This weekend DH and I ahve to clean b/c we're having friends over with their baby so thar be baby proofing ahead (insert pirate voice)
Ali I could never work in a clothing store I'd never have money
but I would have alot of clothes
Belle FOrget about the bridesmaids
they can do their own alterations
and yours will be fantastic you will be gorgeous I PROMISE!
Closed Thread