Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 10:46 AM   #1  

Talking

Good Morning Everyone!

It's Friday and the start of a new thread. I'm sorry I haven't been around much but I'm learning a new job while still doing my old job too so it's been hectic for me! I'm glad you all have been posting and keeping this thread rolling. Thanks so much!

Judy-A big congrats on that weight loss! You must be so happy! You are doing an awesome job!

Debbie-I feel so fat this week. TOM is trying to come but of course my eating hasn't been the best! Too many sweets. One of my downfalls around TOM time! I'm sure if I weighed myself I would have put on about 5 pounds of water. You are doing a great job with the exercise. Keep it up you are very motivating!

Nona-I have Tae Bo too! Do you do the 8 minute workouts or are you doing the longer ones? The 8 minute ones really wear me out. They actually break down to more like 16 minutes but they are a good workout. Maybe I should do a few of those during the week just to wake things up a bit. I'm sure your weight gain is just from salt. It has a way of doing that. Hang in there.

I actually managed 20 minutes on my Orbitrek last night. It felt pretty good. I'm going to shoot for 25 next week. I'll let you know how it goes. I hope you all have a great Friday and can check in on the weekend. I'll try to make it in here too! Keep moving everybody!
Old 04-27-2001, 07:19 PM   #2  

Default walk away the pounds

This is to anyone who has bought walk away the pounds by leslie sansone:

did you get the basic package for 39.95 or the deluxe package for 59.90 with the extra tapes
10 minute tone up,power mile and 30 minute walk along the the regular walk away the pounds
tapes. Please let me know how you like them
Old 04-28-2001, 12:11 PM   #3  

Default leslie sansone 3 mile power walk

this is to any one who has this tape where did you order it at?

thanks
Old 04-30-2001, 01:32 AM   #4  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Happy Monday... Almost

Hi Rose - I enjoy Tae-Bo, too. When I do it that is. LOL It is definately warming up here and I will have to bring my exercise indoors soon - I will do the tae-bo and/or kathy smith tapes to start. Glad to hear you did your orbitrek - keep up the good work!

I didn't get any exercise in this weekend. Too busy w/birthday parties and other family obligations. Tomorrow I will be walking while my son is in kindergarten class though.

Have a good day & hope to hear from you all soon....
Old 04-30-2001, 11:04 AM   #5  

Default good morning

Hi everyone,

well i have done the 1 mile walk and i will walk more later.

DOes anyone have leslie
sansones 3 mile power walk ? I have some questions about that tape--- where did you buy
at? and they are with the weighted gloves how much weight is in them.

thanks
Old 04-30-2001, 12:07 PM   #6  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Morning All

ww gal - I have heard a lot of good things about her tapes. I understand there is an infomercial about it all?? Hope you find the info you need. Maybe you should start a new thread to get peoples attention so you can find out some info. - just a thought If you do, I'll be sure to check it out, too!

Just got back from my walk and am heading for the shower. Supposed to be 100degrees today & it's already getting warm. It's only 9:15am!! Sheesh

Have a good one! Nona
Old 04-30-2001, 01:24 PM   #7  

Good Morning everyone!

Well I'm sad to say that I did no exercise this weekend
I was so tired and TOM was really bad this weekend. I need to get back on track so hopefully tonight I'll spend some time doing my thigh/arms workout and then some time on the Orbitrek. I'm just so tired today. I need to take my vitamins I guess. Sorry for not posting over the weekend but my head was hurting and I felt icky.

Nona-Maybe I should do one of the Tae Bo's 8 minute workouts tonight. That might help get me started! Thanks for keeping the thread moving over the weekend. I know how it is when the family obligations get in the way! Way to work in some exercise!

wwgal-I just saw Leslie on QVC this morning with the weighted gloves. You might look on there to see if you can purchase the whole thing. QVC really has some good deals. Also www.collagevideos.com has some good prices too. It's worth a try. You are doing great with the walking by the way. Keep it up.

Okay what happened to everyone else? Busy exercising I bet:wink:! Okay I need to get back to work I just wanted to say hi to everyone!
Old 04-30-2001, 05:43 PM   #8  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Default Hi From Florida!

Hi everyone...
I walked 8.5 miles on the beach on Saturday, so I got lazy yesterday and didn't do anything! It was raining a little here this morning (finally) so I went to the gym. My days are getting numbered for my beach walks!! We leave to go home on Thursday. Rose ~ sometimes you just need a day off to catch up on other things....I don't have to deal with TOM anymore, but I remember how it used to make me feel...not so good.. It is so wonderful not having that anymore...of course, getting old comes with it too! Those tapes sounds interesting but I would rather walk outside...I just bought a couple of Yoga tapes at Best Buy...I am thinking about trying it....need to limber up the old body.. Keep up the good work everyone...
Old 04-30-2001, 06:14 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone!

I'm still here, just not feeling my best today. I had the rest of my dental work done & my mouth was a mess after the anesthesia. I am trying to get to my min points today. Trying to eat smushy stuff. I have been keeping up with my walking. On Saturday we went shopping & then when I got home I did my 2mile tape & ended up with 8.5miles for the day. Yesterday I didn't do my tapes but I still got in 5 miles. Today I only have 2 miles. I may do my 3 mile power walk tape today. I just got my weighted gloves today & I'm looking forward to trying them out with the tape.

Hope everyone is having a great day
Old 04-30-2001, 10:26 PM   #10  

deb 2593-

where did you order your weighted gloves from?
Old 04-30-2001, 10:37 PM   #11  

Default weighted gloves

one more question about the weighted gloves-- what weight are you using 1 lb or 2 lb

thanks
Old 04-30-2001, 10:50 PM   #12  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Rose, thanks for motivating me! I am planning on dusting off my tae-bo tapes tomorrow a.m. I will pick one to do while my youngest is in class tomorrow morning. Lets motivate each other to get started on our tae-bo again

Hope your all having a good nite - see you tomorrow!
Nona
Old 04-30-2001, 11:33 PM   #13  

wwgal-- I ordered the gloves from Leslie's site http://www.walkaerobics.com . I bought the 1 lb gloves. I figured I would get some resistance without hurting my wrist (I have carpal tunnel). I did notice the last time I was on her site that she didn't have the 2 lbs gloves listed. I don't know if she is carrying them anymore. The 1 lb gloves came out to $23.90 with shipping.

Hope this helps
Old 05-01-2001, 12:29 AM   #14  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi Deb - I just clicked on your link for the weights. I did see both the 1 & 2 lb weights available on the site. Thought I'd let you know.... Be sure to let us know how you like the hand-weights. I think I'll try to find some at the local sport store to avoid the handling charges.

Lighter ~~~ Nona
Old 05-01-2001, 01:53 AM   #15  
Back To Lifetime....!!

FYI: I just logged onto www.qvc.com and checked out leslie sansone merchandise using their "search" button. They have the weighted gloves w/3videos and 1 audio cassette for about $36/$37.00 (sorry, can't remember the exact price... it's getting late, LOL!). Thought I'd pass this info on...

Nona
Closed Thread