Support Groups - Chit Chat #79

View Full Version : Chit Chat #79

Jane
09-23-2004, 05:50 PM
WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies! :wave:

We are a friendly group of ladies that share the daily aspects of our lives with each other...not just weight loss. Won't you join us?

Marti
09-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Just a quickie since I really need to get on the road and go to work....

But!!!!!!! Good news!!!!!!!!!!

My sister is having a BOY!!! So exciting! She told me yesterday and I forgot to post it...and I decided I better share the good news now before I forget!

He's due a day after his sisters birthday (January 21) but I think he should arrive on MY birthday (19th) :D

His name is going to be Lucas Dean, Luke for short (of coarse).

Anyway...I need to head out. Take care! Sorry I won't make it for chat tonight. I'll be at work.

Take Care

da fat n da furious
09-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Im backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!
I will post more....later tonight
big hugs
Angie

jewels2
09-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Sorry I havent posted in a bit, but I've had a busy week this week, so not a lot of time for the computer....I had to take my mom for a colonscopy yesterday, while my car got fixed again....and then today after work I had to rush home to pick up my puppy to take him to the vet for his yearly physical. It feels like its been such a long week, and I've kinda been in a slumpy mood so my exercising has really taken a backseat this week... I did manage to walk at lunch today for the first time this week,, but I think all the school stuff is burning me out, so Im getting tired of keeping up with it all!!!!
I had a few bad nights this week, so I hope my weigh in on Sunday isnt bad!! I ate a lot of salad and fruit this week, so Im hoping that even without the exercise, the good food helps me out!!! Not sure if I'll make it to chat tonight or not, but I'll catch up with you all later

Bye for Now
Julie

midwest gal
09-23-2004, 07:30 PM
I have been on the south beach diet for approx 2 mos. I have noticed in the last week or two that my deodorant is not working as long as it normally does. Has anyone elese had this problem? I am frustrated and almost in tears over this. Can someone please help me?

Jane
09-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Happy Birthday, Katiecat!!!!
:cp::gift::balloons::dancer::balloons::gift::cp:

Marti - YAY for Lucas Dean! And I, too, think he should arrive on your birthday, or wait until Mary's which is 1/22. :)

Angie - I was just about to send out a search party for you, lol. You've gotta tell us what all has happened in the past week!

Julie - good to see you! Hope your weekend will be less hectic. How'd the puppy's physical go?

Midwest gal - first of all, welcome to the Jaded Ladies, and YAY for sticking to any weight loss program for 2 months! Now, about your dilemma, are you doing more strenuous exercise? Are you menopausal? The reason I asked that is because when I began menopause, I had the same problem, and my sister said she did, too. I switched to Mitchum roll-on, and it is very effective! It is probably the strongest anti-perspirant available without a prescription. Good luck, and please post often!

Hi to the others. Sorry I didn't make chat....

See you tomorrow!

SqueakMouse
09-24-2004, 12:12 AM
well gals this is it, my last night of employment here and the last bit money I will have. Now the comes the poverty, stress and grumpiness. Lol Hopefully with all that I will forget about eating and lose some much needed weight. I am going to finish up my homework I have before schools starts and do some crafting and cleaning/rearranging this weekend before I have no time for it. Which makes me sad, but hey hard work is not suppose to be fun , right?? :^:

Jen: to answer your question, I am going to school to be a Dental Assistant. It is a grueling three term program and if luck will finally be on my side for once I WILL graduate and be able to find employment shortly after. I would hate to go thru all this pain and sacrifice and desperation without getting my reward at the end. Who knows.???

Marti: Yeah for the little boy, I am sure he will be just as cute as her girl. I just love those pictures I got of her sleeping in her high chair after eating while the big wedding party was going on around her. So cute and very loving. sweet how she likes to hug everybody. I bet your sister is happy as is her husband. Let me know when you are available for anything, then we will go from there.

Thank you to everyone that offered me support and wished me luck on my new endeavors that are coming up. I hope I can do it and make it through. Sometimes I just set myself up for failure because I have no faith in myself. I hope to accomplish what i am setting out on. I have to admit I am scared about the schooling and about money. I hope my fears can be eased faster than slower. Anywho, I appreciate everyones good thoughts and vibes.
Well I better get back to the last painful night here and hello to all the wonderful, amazing jaded ladies and have a great friday.

da fat n da furious
09-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Shanna, you are unemployed as of tonight? So you can finish school,,,??

I feel like Ive been gone so long and I want to know how everyone has been...going to take some time to catch up.
Cristi Thank you so much for the card you are so sweet!

Ive got a cold and Im a bit tired with all my stuff going on. Fiddler started last week, Tanner's football is still going strong. Im working lots and spent time at the court house yesterday swearing on a bible that all that I wrote was true...
I will try to catch up more tomorrow and then do some realy posting...
Angie

tommysgirl18
09-24-2004, 01:23 AM
ok ladies.....I asked my hubby about the candles and dusting question and he remembered what we were told.

Something in burning candles, "eats" at the dust you have, making it so you don't have to dust as often.

nothing new here.....I did my WI, and I have hit another plateau! I am again back to 240lbs! I want to be stuck at 120, not 240! :lol:

SqueakMouse
09-24-2004, 01:58 AM
Angie: I am unemployed because my job refused to let me go to the partime section specifically for students. So I had to quick, because I could not go to school full time ( 20 credits) and work graveyard and full time. So I have been sending out applications and so far no one wants me, so I am now in a complete state of panic money wise. I am starting the program on Monday and will hopefully finish ( if i pass tests and such) when the program completes after spring term. Anywho, I still need a part time job to pay bills, etc. but just not at this bad poopheaded place. Prays will be greatly appreciated.

Marti
09-24-2004, 01:41 PM
:hb: :gift: :balloons: Happy Birthday KatieCat!!! :hb: :gift: :balloons:

Hope you have a wonderful birthday planned today!!

I will post more later today after I drink my coffee and take a shower. Just had to wish Katie a Happy Birthday!

FrouFrou
09-24-2004, 01:44 PM
:hat: :hb: :gift: :dance: :balloons: A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Katie! :balloons: :dance: :gift: :hb: :hat: Hope you have a GREAT day!

Marti~how sweet, a baby boy. Seems Lucas, Luke is a popular name now days but it is a nice one. Maybe he will be born on your birthday. The 21st is my sisters, DD's is the 26 and my dear friends is the 30th, not to mention my brother on the 11th, my other sister the 13th, SIL and their DD on the 5th and so on...January was a busy month in my family!

Mindee~okay, gotcha on the candles and dust. I always burn 2 candles in the LR/DR (area) and one in the bedroom at least 4 times a week but my house is still dusty! :yikes: Need to burn more! Sorry to hear about the plateau, but at least it is not a gain which is always good.

Angie~so glad to see ya back. You are welcome for the card. :) Hope you get to feeling better.

Jana~how did everything go yesterday with Macy? I was thinking about you all and hoping things went well. I didn't make it to chat either, of course I haven't in a while. Probably won't for a while either because last night was the season premiere of both CSI and Without a Trace, must see TV! About the testdriving the cars we actually didn't make it the other night, something came up and our plans were scratched so we are going tonight.

Shanna~at what point of your schooling will you actually do on the job training? And won't you get paid for that? How long is this course for, one year or two? I can't remember if you mentioned that or not. And I know you will be fine. When you least expect it the perfect job will pop up. :crossed:

That's about all I have. Nothing new as usual, same old stuff different day. Going to get some laundry done so I won't have to spend anytime this weekend having to do it. Almost finished another book and I think after this one I will move on to something different. Have been reading the Grafton books and I think I have had enough. While they are good, just can't read the same type of stuff over and over. I need a variety. Anyway, since we didn't make it to test drive any cars (SUVS, I call everything a car and I haven't had an actual car in years!) the other night as planned we are going to do that this evening. I just want to get it over with. I love the idea of having a new car, but the crap you have to go through to get one is horrible. Don't like sitting for hours while all the paperwork and such is being done, not to say we will buy one tonight. Just going to check it out.

Hope everyone has a great day and a better weekend! TTFN

Jane
09-24-2004, 02:56 PM
Macy's c-t scan was fine... Gina is at the doctor's office now, and will find out if there is any other news. But at least we know what it's NOT.

Today is Homecoming for the city schools (not Katie's) so Mary and I are taking the kids to the parade later on. I picked up Mackenzie from Kindergarten and we're getting ready to watch the new Disney Princesses Stories.

Gotta run!

Marti
09-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Afternoon ladies--

Well it's Friday!!! I'm happy about that. I worked the evening shift last night 4-12:30.....close to what I will be working and I found that I prefer the atmosphere at night! Much quieter and more relaxed. We don't have the carriers constantly bringing in stuff which makes the work load seem more tolerable...at least for me since I'm a newbie there. I'm constantly asking questions...since this is peoples lives we're dealing with and not some CD or chicken...... :lol: And I want to make sure I get it right. Apparently they have had people who just assume......not good.

Anyway.....

Angie--Glad to see you're back! Does this mean you got your computer problems all fixed?? Sick again? Poor girl! I think you're asking your body to do too much, time to slow down a bit and stay healthy! Sorry....had a mother moment there. Just want to keep you feeling good and healthy.

Julie--Good food does help a body out, so don't worry too much about it. We all get caught up with a hectic lifestyle....I hope you get to have a relaxing weekend.

Shanna--We must talk about setting yourself up for failure.....can't do that. You'll stress too much and really wear yourself out girl! When school starts...try the best that you can to concentrate on your school....keep putting in your resumes but kind of put it on the back burner as you do, that way it's not the main thing your concentrating on. And before you know it, you'll have a phone call from someone wanting to interview you. Maybe check out OML's site (not trying to promote the place) but I do know they work around students schedules. My department is HALF students that work part time. Something to think about. What are you doing next Saturday??? Maybe we can work on our project then?

Mindee--Don't worry about reaching a plateau....I am the plateau Queen!! I get to where I'm losing a pound or so and then stop....and stay there for months! But I figure slowly losing and maintaining is so much better than gaining.

Jana--SO glad to hear that Macy's test was good! Must be a huge relief! Homecoming around here is next month I believe...maybe it's this month...can't seem to remember. The last time I went to a parade was when I was in it during highschool!!! (Such a long time) :) I hope you and the girls have fun.

Cristi--Boy are there a LOT of January babies in your family!! James' grandpa told me the first time I met him that "special people are born in Janaury" I always thought that was sweet for a first time of meeting him. His birthday is the 29th of January. He'll be 100 this year (or in 2005)....but he's in failing health right now and the family isn't sure he'll make it...but I do. That man is very strong and as sharp as a tack!! And Janauary isn't too far from now.

Good Afternoon everyone!!

Well I've got some laundry done, I've had my coffee, and I'm getting ready to sweep and mop my floors. Want the house to be clean before the weekend starts so I can relax on my days off. James is picking up Jhanai after work....she wants to try and stay up until I get home tonight....I told her that if she can....it's ok with me but it's off to bed as soon as I get home. (I'll be home at 1:00) I don't think she'll make it. Not sure what I have planned for the weekend. It's suppose to be beautiful out. Perfect weather for me....sun and cool breezes!! It's officially Autumn now! (it was two days ago right?) So now it's time to shop for some Fall Items!! Some Orange flowers to decorate my home...and the front and back porches. (btw Jana....the flowers you sent me back in May...they're still blooming!! At least the ones in the back)

Ok...I better get to the floors and then hit the showers! You all have a wonderful Friday!

Mom2Gaby
09-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Happy Birthday Katie!!!

Just popping in for a second. Nice to have Angie back :)

ummmmmm.......so tired. Sorry........maybe tonight I can get back on. Super busy week.

Going to take the girls to Sauvies Island tomorrow. Need to make the post office by 5.......yikes,,,,,,,,,,,need to tell my boss I need to leave early.......lol

better get :)............

suetalks
09-24-2004, 10:20 PM
TGIF gals! Another 4 mile day for me and I ate OP all week. I am really getting used to this and am not hungry. Cut out the snacking which I realized I was doing often.
Going to a craft fair with my neighbor/walking friend tomorrow. She is picking me up at 7 as we are stopping for breakfast. Will be lots of walking so I might not have to hit the streets when we get home.
Cleaned out some closets and drawers with a nice stack to go to Goodwill. Did ironing...ugh! Went for a chest x-ray and blood tests, and out to lunch today. More health issues which I won't go into tonight.

Hope everyone has a good week-end and gets out into the sunshine.

Jane
09-25-2004, 10:17 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Samantha - if you're reading this, you found the right place! :) Just jump right in, ok? The ladies here are very sweet and will soon become like family to you.

Shanna - didn't you ever get the box I sent?? Sheesh, the post office ain't what it used to be... Prayers are being sent your way... actually, they already have been....

Mindee - I have to agree with Cristi about the dust.. I burn candles, too, and still have a dusty house, lol. If you haven't had dust for 6 months, I want to buy the brand you are using! I went to Brandon's site - what a cutie! I don't sign the guestbook, because everything takes so long to load for me.

Angie - hope you're feeling better! You better slow down, missy! Don't care if I DO sound like your momma, lol.

Cristi - I also like to switch authors... variety really is the spice of life, I guess, lol. Hope you're having a great weekend. Any news about a vehicle? What about one for DS?

Marti - seems like all the JLs have a clean house now.. YAY! Glad the petunias are still doing well. Have a good weekend with your family.

Susan - have fun at Saunies Island. Where is that? I wanna go, too!

Katy - hope things slow down a little bit for you this weekend.

Sue - have fun at the craft fair. Breakfast out is hard for me. I always stick to just scrambled eggs, 1 toast and a small oj, and it ends up being too many points! When we are out of town, I usually take my PB and graham crackers which is 5.5 points. You are doing just great with the exercise!

Jen - hope you're having a good weekend.

Katiecat - hope you had a really good birthday! Is this when you're at Disneyland?? We want details!

Barb - you haven't been here for awhile.... stop by when you have a chance, ok?

Well, I'm down 1 1/4 pounds more. Sure does feel good....

I was going to sign up Mary and myself (and maybe Katie, if she wanted) for a scrapbook day at an Amish village, with the best crafts and food for lunch. But when I got the info in the mail, I found out it is $80 each person! Yikes! That's too steep! Shanna and Marti, maybe you ought give scrapbooking classes to make extra money!

Gotta get dressed and go see the grandbabies! I need some sloppy kisses!

Samantha2002
09-25-2004, 10:47 AM
I found you!!! :) :)

I appreciate the invitation to your chats!!

A little about myself, I am 23 years old, live in Amarillo, TX with my husband and my cat. I decided on 9-1-04 to do something about my weight. Since then I have lost 15 pounds. (Probably mostly water weight but that's ok w/ me!!) I am not on a specific diet, just trying to exersize more and eat less. I have completely given up all sodas and taken up drinking water. It was really hard at first, but I actually have no desire for a Dr. Pepper now :) I have also given up fried foods and fast foods. Fried foods don't bother me so much anymore, but I do crave a double cheeseburger from McDonalds.... :mcd:
My husband surprised me the other day with a membership to a gym, and I have gone twice. Yesterday I actually went to a Step N Flex class!! I didn't do great, but I did it anyways. One day I will be able to finish a whole class. Today I will do my pilates video.

Anyways, thank you for inviting me and I look forward to getting to know all of you!!!

:) Sam

Dolphin
09-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Good morning and happy Saturday. Man, it's a beautiful morning here. Wonder what I'll end up doing? I've got a 3-11 shift to cover tonight.
I went to my doctor yesterday. I have to go in for some lab work on Monday. Nothing major, just some follow-up. I felt like a new person. When I was there 3 weeks ago, I was a depressed, anxiety ridden, stressed out mess. It's amazing the difference changing a med and quitting your jog can make! :lol:

Jana - Too bad those classes are that much. I got a catalog this week from the Parks and Rec dept. They've got 3 hr scrapbooking classes for $10. Maybe you should come here! I think I'm going to sign up for yoga, a couple cooking classes (soups and breads) and maybe a fall basket class.

Sue - Wow! You are doing a great job with staying OP and walking. We've got a craft fair here next weekend. They clean out a car dealer's lot and fill it with crafters. But there are sooooo many people, I haven't decided if I'm going yet.

Susan - What is Sauvies Island? Real island or name of a place? I'm with Jana, take me, take me!

Marti - I've found that the eve and night shift are much easier to handle than days. I'm glad you like your shift.

Cristi - How did the car shopping go? Did you make it? I hate doing that too. Maybe I'll keep this car forever! Probably not. I like new cars too much.

Angie - Glad you are back. You probably have a cold because you have too much going on. Slow down.

Well, I'm gonna go get off my butt. Not sure what I'm gonna do, but it won't be sitting here!

Jen

Dolphin
09-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Samantha - We were posting about the same time! Welcome to our group and Congrats on your success so far! It's great that you have your husbands support. That was very sweet of him to get you a gym membership.

Jen

midwest gal
09-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Jana,
I would like to thank you very much for answering my question. I truly appreciate it. I know what I will be adding to my shopping list this weekend. And to answer your questions- I am not menopausal or doing any strenuous exercise. I hate to admit this but I hardly exercise. Just this morning and last weekend I jogged/walked for about an hour and 1/2 and that it it for the week. I need to work on being more active.
This site is the first time that I have even left messages on a forum - so I am new to this as well and still trying to figure out this website.

I hope everyone who reads this has a wonderful weekend!:)

Marti
09-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Hello ladies!

This is a quicky since I've been helping Jhanai do little projects for Christmas....she's making Christmas bags and when it closer to Christmas we'll fill them up with homemade cookies, fudge, and other items.

Did want to say that my first paycheck turned out to be a day and a weeks worth. So I was pretty pleased with that. James gave me a suggestion on what I should spend it on....I looked at him and said...."Whaaaaattttt" (a slow hesitant question) and he told me that I should go get my treadmill that I've been wanting. What a wonderful idea! So next weekend I should be purchasing one. (it's gotta be a cheapy since it wasn't a big check) but the idea of getting on everyday has me motivated!!

Anyway...I best get off of here.

:wave: :wave: :wave:Welcome to Samantha & Midwest Gal!! :wave: :wave: :wave: Glad to have you aboard and hope to hear more from the both of you. You'll love it here!

Take care and I'll talk with you all tomorrow.

Jane
09-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Good Sunday morning to you!

Sam - glad you found us! YAY for your success so far - you're doing great! I'm not a pop drinker, but I think anyone who is able to give it up is doing super! The Step n Flex class sounds fun! Wish I could join you. You could fill out a Bio if you want... they're at the top of the main JL page.

Jen - hope your lab work is ok... nothing you want to tell us about? Are you preggers????? THAT oughta get your attention! :D Sign me up for the scrapbooking classes.... I'll be there, lol.

Midwest Gal - so glad you came back to join us! Do you have a preference for a name that we can call you? Please oh please tell me it isn't Katie or Sue!! Tell us about yourself, ok? If you are just starting out with the healthy eating, etc, I wouldn't worry too much about exercise yet... you might want to take baby steps. Btw, as you see, I am also from the Midwest, as is Jen, Cristi Mindee and Sue. Like I told Sam, why don'tcha fill out a Bio when you're ready for that?

Marti - tell Jhanai I said the Christmas bags sound so cute, and that she is one smart cookie to be getting them done early like this! I am SO VERY happy for you, Marti, that you'll be getting the treadmill. I know how long you've been wanting one. I hung a 3-tiered wire basket close to mine to hold my stuff like CDs, extra batteries, the remote, gum, etc. Also, if your doesn't come with a built-in fan, like mine didn't, you might want to put a fan in the area. Just a thought....

Hi also to Susan, Cristi, Angie, Katy, Shanna, Mindee, and anyone else reading this. :wave:

Spent some time with my nephew, his wife and their 17 y/o son Adam last night. They came over to get some info since Adam will be staying at our house to babysit our dogs while we are gone. It's nice to have someone who is totally trustworthy to do this, and to know he won't be rifling through our stuff. It's 2 weeks and 5 days til we leave!!

Gotta go read the paper and then get ready for church.

May His face shine down upon you!

FrouFrou
09-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Ladies~

Well, I tried to get on and post yesterday but it didn't happen. I did get logged on and that was it. The computer got really slow and then threw me off-I HATE AOL!!! I spent one hour trying to get back on the internet. I swear if this keeps up I am going to have to find another server. This happens a lot at that time of day. I couldn't even get on long enough to log off here. Apparently after being logged on for so long it logs out. :dunno: Not that I had anything important to say. :lol:

Marti~WTG on you and Jhanai getting an early start on Christmas gifts. I keep thinking about Christmas and thinking I should start something soon though. What a great gift to yourself, the treadmill, and a perfect one at that. I like that about only special people are born in January. And yes, January is a popular month in our family. My mother didn't plan it but 3 are in Jan., one in Feb, one in May and then hers, my dads and my oldest brothers is in Oct. Anyway...

Jana~I was just going to ask when you guys are headed to Disneyworld but I see your answer in your post. I was also going to ask if you are getting excited, but I know the answer to that! Hopefully the weather will be great for you guys when you go-no more hurricanes! CONGRAT'S on your loss this week! :bravo:

A big WELCOME to Sam and Midwest Gal. Looking forward to getting to know both of you.

Jen~hope everything is fine with you, as far as the labs and such. Glad that you are feeling better and not stressed.

Mindee~yes, I too want to know what candles you use! And Brandon is such a cutie pie. I didn't have a chance to look at all the pictures but will go back and also sign the guestbook.

Susan~hope you are enjoying the weekend with the girls.

Angie~hope you are having a relaxing weekend.

Sue~hope everything is fine with you. How was the craft show with your friend? Seems to be a lot coming up here soon-would love to go to some. I like seeing others crafts. Of course then that means I want to buy to so that is not always good-for them yes, for me no. I don't need anymore stuff!

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Not much on the agenda for today. I changed my WI to Saturday and forgot to WI yesterday! :o DH and I got up early to do a lot of errand running and I guess I got into actually spending some time with him that I forgot. That and I was used to weighing in on Monday. Oh well! We did get a car Friday night. A Hyundai Santa Fe. I like it but...there's always a but isn't there? It is small, of course but smaller than what I am used to. I know I said I wanted something small. I think I am just used to having a mini-van and all that room. But I wanted something different this time around and that is what I got, even the color. It's Sandstone and I have never had a car that color. I've had a red one, a blue one, grey, green and silver so now it was time to get something different and I did. It drives real nice and smooth. Anyway, today I am just going to be lazy. Went to 5 pm mass yesterday because I wanted to be lazy today. The house is clean and I don't have any laundry to do so will probably just read a little and watch some tv.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!

FrouFrou
09-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Jana~I just noticed that you changed your signature and name to Jane. Are you wanting to go by and be called Jane now? Or does it matter? I keep forgetting that RosieKate is going by Katy now and when I see that it throws me off since I have been putting RosieKate for so long. But then I almost changed mine to because I really don't like Cristi! :lol: the chiro called me Cris once and I guess I gave him a look and he never called me that again. I'm not a big fan of nn's for myself anyway. I say that because DS Joshua goes by Josh. I tried not to go there but when he was in 2nd or 3rd grade he told me to not call him Joshua anymore because his friends called him Josh and he liked that better. Ummm, okay. Kids are funny though.

Samantha2002
09-26-2004, 11:38 AM
OK Ladies, I posted my bio on the Jaded Ladies page, for anyone who wants to read it!!

Marti
09-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Good Morning ladies--

It's already Sunday....this weekend sure flew by in a hurry! But I am happy to know that I work the day shift this week....only because I don't feel intimidated to walking to my car at night! The list Cristi sent through e-mail about watching yourself really stays in my head!!

Jana/Jane--I thought the same thing as Cristi when I saw your signature.....which would you prefer? I bet you're soooo excited about your vacation coming up!! I'm excited and I'm not even going! I can see your whole family now.....all walking with the Mickey Ears! I too hope the weather is better by the time you arrive and that you have an absolute FABULOUS time!

Sue--Wow! That was a great walking day!! I'm so proud of you! I would love to be with you at the crafts fair!! James & I have gone to one in Portland EVER year since we've been together. We've made it a tradition. And we always buy our Santa Ornaments and Decorations. It just makes me feel good that James goes to these things with me! (it's always a full day event!)

Susan--I hope you and the girls had fun at Sauvies Island! Where is that? I have never heard of the place. What's all there? Sounds like a fun weekend for you all.

Sam--Sounds like you're doing a great job so far. 15lbs, water weight or not, is a lot of weight to lose and you should be very proud of that. I'm sure with all that you're doing you'll see more weight loss. I want to welcome you once again for joining us here w/the JL's!!

Jen--I'm glad that you're feeling much better. I do like the shift that I will be working....the only thing that bothers me is driving to my car at night. It's only 2blocks away, but it down a street with all Frat houses from the Univercity and after a night of Friday night drinking....there is always some rowdy students. Call me paranoid, but I just don't want to ever be in the middle of something bad.

Cristi--I think the Hyundai Santa Fe are great! I like the looks of those too. And for me...the size would be perfect and not too small since I'm driving a little Toyota Supra right now. I'm glad you guys found a car. About the names...which would you rather go by? I can change yours also. My name is really Martha....and I really prefer NOT to be called that, although some people do...I don't throw a fit like I used to as a kid, but I do try to tell them that I like to go by Marti. I guess I just hated hearing Martha because I always knew I was in trouble. :lol: So Marti stuck!

Midwest Gal--I had to go back and read your question. Maybe the odor is coming from the foods you eat. Since you say that you're not excercising a whole lot. I know that a guy I used to work with drastically changed his eating habits and his body odor changed along with it. It eventually got better...not sure what he did, but it did go away. Welcome to our group! Hope to hear more from you and that you post often.

Good morning to the rest of you girls!

I hope you all have a great Sunday Morning and are refreshed and ready for the week ahead. (I'm not....weekends are too short now!) :D

Take Care

Jane
09-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Just a quick note.. yes, I would like to be called Jane now. I only took "Jana" when I joined 3FCs because Jane was already taken. Cristi - since you aren't crazy about nicknames, would you rather we call you Cristina? Marti - we promise to not call you Martha if you don't want us to, but that is a nice name, too.

luckycharm
09-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Hi to everyone

Just wanted everyone to know I am still here.

I have been having alot of computer problems and I always seem to lose my posts, and then I get kicked off the internet and can't get back on.

Just wanted to pop on and say hi to everyone.

Now to try and catch up on all the posts.

Later
Kathy

RosieKate
09-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Jane - I wondered about the name thing - since I have received cards from you, I wondered what was up w/ "Jana". Jane is one of my favorite names - it is my maternal grandmother's name and was thisclose to being my daughter's name. We went with Leigh because that's my husband's middle name ( spelled "Lee").

Marti - Funny about your name preference. Leigh's preschool teacher is also a Marty ( with a y not an I) When I first met her she told me to NEVER call her Martha - she absolutely hated that name. So Marty it is....

As for me, well, my full name is Rosemary Kathleen, which is a bit long and sounds like I should be a nun or something. My parents have always called me Katy or Kate and it has just stuck,. The "RosieKate" was a little nickname my late grandpa called me...so I chose it for 3FC

I walked for 200 minutes this week! I fell off the core wagon yesterday, but not too bad. I'm going to go back to counting points for awhile...just craving bread I guess, and need to manage it better. I like alot of the core foods, so I 'll go back I'm sure.

We're getting ready to host a BBQ for DH's department, so I have to be off. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday and I'll be back!
Katy

SqueakMouse
09-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey gals, I am not going to be able to get on here as much since I have to deal with my crappy computer and will be busy with school and hopefully a job. I am so scared right now about money and school and nervous for my first day tomorrow. Anywho, I will try and get on here and I will be thinking of you all everyday.

Jana: I just got your package on friday. Thank you again so much. Had to laugh when my boyfriend saw the book, he hates Dr. Phil, says the guy drives him nuts. hee hee . Do you need to book back at a certain time??? Anywho, you thoughtfulness is appreciate. I love you guys. !!!!!

Sweet Story: I know most people don't believe cats will or can protect them in case of an emergency , etc. There have been a few documented incidents of cats attacking intruders, letting owners know of fires, etc. WEll, here is my story. On friday, my boyfriend had run to the store while I took a shower. I never close my door since I get too hot in there, so it is open a crack. I have one of those yucky sliding shower doors, that I think is too high, since I knick my feet occasionally. Well, I bashed my foot something fierce and screamed and writhed in agony while my foot was bleeding and the pain was intense. Well, thru my groaning and screaming, I heard the bathroom door bang against the toilet. I hadn't had a change to shut the shower door properly either. I heard my sweet baby boy cat crying and howling. He pushed the shower door open more with his face and jumped in the shower, crying the whole time and came and rub up against my legs. He heard me in pain and ran to my aid. My little Knight in shining armor. LOL I love this little being with my whole heart and he is my whole life and this just endeared him to me that much more. I picked him up and hugged him to calm him down and he nuzzled my head and purred LOUDLY!!! LOL I put him out of the shower and he sat on the bathroom rug the whole time I took a shower and would not leave my side the whole rest of the day. Isn't that sweet?? My little angel. So who says cats don't care and can't help. LOL
Anywho, I better go worry some more and rest my upset stomach. I love you gals and hope your week goes great.

midwest gal
09-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Hello all! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.:) A little bit about myself; my name is Stacy. I am a student (14 hours) and have a part time job. I am 29- it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do. I am going to school to become a speech language pathologist. At my job I am a speech assistant. I live with my significant other ( he does not like the word boyfriend) for the past 3 yrs. We do not have any children. In August when school started is when I changed jobs and started taking more hours at school. So, the last few months have been an adjustment. I am on the South Beach diet. I purchased the cookbook and those are the meals that I prepare. Occasionally slip- but just get right back on it.

Samantha2002
09-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Shanna - I LOVE the cat story. I too have heard similar stories about cats coming to the rescue. I personally don't think MY cat would do any good, but he just might surprise me one day, you never know. The thing that I love about cats (or dogs, whatever) is that they ALWAYS know when you need a hug...and they will come and snuggle with you. My cat has this habit of coming into my bedroom when he thinks I am asleep (he'll only do it if my husband isn't in bed yet) and he'll walk all the way around my body, then come up to my face and rub his little nose against mine. Oh, and if he sees that I am awake, he will stop and come back later, so I have to pretend that I am asleep. He does this every night, I guess just making sure his mommy is ok :)

Jane
09-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Good Monday morning, ladies,

Cristina - we are very worried about whether or not we'll even get to go to Disney World now. Our trip may have to be postponed. Neal says he will know in about 10 days one way or another. Your Santa Fe sounds very nice! I don't have a clue what they look like, but I'm sure it's nice. I had a Sandstone colored Bonneville a few years ago.. well, they called it Champaigne... and it was gorgeous. The thing is, I was used to riding up high in a van, and was a nervous wreck driving it, so we traded it off soon for an SUV. Then when we got so many grandkids, we traded for another van, which I thought I'd never do again, lol.

Marti - I know I'm not the only JL who feels this way, so when you go back to night shift, please have a guard walk you to your car when your shift is over, ok? The guard will be bored with nothing to do, anyway, so you might as well be safe! Did you look at treadmills this weekend?

Kathy - so good to see you popping in! How're the kids? Bet the baby is getting big! Computer problems can drive you bonkers, I know! Hope you come back often.

Katy - that's why I just stay with Flex instead of Core... and count it all in my points. The "free" foods are great with Core, but the cravings for all the other stuff just didn't work for me. Remember how I missed my graham crackers and pb, lol??? It was an adventure trying it, though! How's your class going?

Shanna - the book is yours to keep, sweetie. (I wrote an inscription to you inside) There is lots of info within to help you, and tell your DBF that it wouldn't hurt him to read it, too, lol. Awww... you cat story was so sweet! My dog Molly is that way, but you just don't think of cats being so concerned. What a nurturer!

Stacy - what a pretty name! Seems like you are in good company with several other students here. If you have any favorite SBD recipes, share with us, ok?

Sam - your cat story was sweet, too. It's just tucking you in! If I take a nap on the couch, my dog Molly will come up to my face and poke me with her wet nose to see if I'm asleep or not. Not any longer, Molly!!! Btw, thanks for sharing your bio.

Katiecat - hope you got the birthday card I sent, and wish you would join us for some chit chat here.

Hi also to Angie, Jen, Susan, Sue, Mindee, Julie and anyone else reading this.

Today is when Gina talks to the doctor about the rest of Macy's tests. If the results are all ok, I told her to ask if she could be dizzy with sinus trouble. I know I sure do get dizzy with it.

This evening, I am taking Mackenzie (the kindergartener) to a style show and bingo, and my sister is taking her granddaughter, too. I am really looking forward to this! I only wish the twins were old enought to take, too!

What're your plans for the day?

Marti
09-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Just a quickie this morning, I'm waiting for the Bank to open so I can get some Parking money! (w/out a permit.....it's costing me $80 a month to park!) will be getting the permit this week sometime.

This is an early week this week. So I should be home to post individuals later on tonight.

Hope you all have a great Monday morning!

RosieKate
09-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Jane - Are you postponing becaue of the weather? I did just get an email from my cousin in Clermont who, thankfully, escaped Jeanne intact. They've been extremely fortunate....but they have many friends and coworkers who have suffered severe damage.. so we keep them in our prayers. However, she did mention that, finally, there are no hurricanes on the horizon. Hurricane season goes through November 30 - so we are all keeping our fingers crossed. Thank you for asking about my classes - the internet one is alot of fun, but I need to get cracking on the brain class. I just sat down this morning and mapped out a week by week calendar of what I need to accomplish. Now that our schedules have settled into predictable chaos, I am looking forward to making some progress.

Marti - I remember the good ol' days of trying to find parking in Eugene! I went to U of O from 83-85, and probably STILL have outstanding parking tickets - yikes! Watch it 'round those frats - I went to lots of parties at those houses with my best friend at the time who was a Chi Omega. I doubt they've changed much in 20 years, lol! I was most definitely NOT a sorority girl, but I certainly didn't mind tagging along to the functions with my friend. Anyhoo - Jane's suggestion about getting escorted to your car is a very good idea......

Cristina - I missed something- you did buy a car? I need to pay better attention. That's great- there's something exciting about new wheels. I tend to be pretty pro- alternative modes of transport like walking and buses, but I can't help it - I love my car!

Samantha and Shanna - really enjoyed your stories about your cats. I haven't had a cat in many years, but you reminded what I loved about my cat all those years ago. Gonna have to get another one someday.

Welcome Stacy - Glad you are here. What Jane said...would love to see some fave SB recipes. I read the book recently , but did not find it a good fit for me personally - however, the recipes did look good and I do try to eat enough lean protein along with lots of fruits and vegetables.

Susan - How was Sauvie's Island - you reminded me that we are going to have to plan our trip to the pumpkin patch here pretty soon. We usually drive out to Canby and go to the Flower Farmer. It has a little train and you board at their barn. 1st stop is the petting area with goats and rabbits. 2nd stop is a huge hay bale pyramid with a maze inside right in the middle of their pumpkin patch. The kids get their pumpkins and play play play, then we get back on the train and head back to the barn to pay. Then we go home by the back roads, and take the Canby Ferry. Hope the girls are enjoying school and things have settled down for you a bit.

Hi to everyone else - I'm off to walk. I lost 2 lbs last week, and as mentioned, I did not stick to the Core 100%. All the walking must have helped. Confession: another reason I am back to flex this week is because I have a ton of Skinny Cows in my freezer, leftover fro the BBQ last night. Counting points should help me keep those in line and my face out of the leftover potato chips :dizzy:

Have a great day everyone!
Katy

FrouFrou
09-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Marti~I can't believe you have to pay $80 for parking. Wonder if the company would reimburse you for part of that??? DH had a supra a few years ago and he loved it. I just can't picture him in one because he is so stinking tall. But for a long time all he had was small cars. He looks so uncomfortable in this thing but he says it is fine. I myself have never had a small car, except a Nova back in the early 80's which wasn't so small, or didn't seem like it was. I am sure I will get used to it. But I have a feeling in a couple of years, maybe three I will probably end up getting another mini-van.

Jane~I too love the name Jane, it is my SIL's name and they named their baby Sarah Jane which I thought was/is so cute! Of course she is too! I only chose the name Cristi for 3fc also, never really went by it. It doesn't bother me to be called that here but outside of 3fc I don't care for it. Keeping my fingers crossed that you guys don't have to postpone your trip. I was wondering as I saw online that Orlando was hit. I think it said the epcot center was hit, can't remember now. But am wondering how much damage they got. Funny, you mentioned you not thinking you would go back to another mini-van because I know for a fact I will after this. LOL It is kind of weird it being so short, but I do like it. I went with the Sandstone because of the interior. Seems everything is grey now and the last 5 cars I have had had a grey interior. Just wanted something different and this interior is tan/beige, not sure of the exact color.

Katy~yeppers, bought a car Friday evening-the Hyundai Sante Fe.

Hi and WELCOME Stacy!

Aaaah, Shanna and Samantha, what cute stories of your kitties.

Hi to everyone else.

Nothing much on the agenda for today, but then there never is. :lol: Need to run a couple of errands as soon as I get a shower. That's terrible, it's noon and I have yet to take a shower. Oh well...just getting some laundry done and vacuuming. I finished A is for Alibi (finally got it) and started D-almost finished it last night. It is a short one so I kept going, have about 5 Chapters left on it. Will read F and then move on to another Author. I will save R for later. Anyhoo...need to jump in the shower and get to the post office, and go move the sprinkler. I am so glad it is cooling off this week.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. See ya :wave:

Dolphin
09-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Ok, now that we are all changing our names, I want to change mine too. From here on out, I'll be Fred! Ok, just kidding! :lol:

Well, had another "pet emergency" yesterday. Sometimes I feel like I should have some animal reality show going on here. Anywho...I was just getting ready to leave for work, and noticed that my dog had a 2 inch round open, weeping area on her right hip. Took her to the ER, it's just a hot spot, some time of skin infection, caused by moisture. All I can figure out is it's from laying on the floor after I mopped on Wednesday. So much for mopping from now on! :D She's on antibiotics, and I had to run to the vet and get her a collar so she can't get to it. Poor girl.

Today I've been mostly running errands, catching up. I have to run in to the office for an hour for a meeting. Then I plan on walking this evening and taking it easy for a bit.

Jane - O-M-G! Bite your tongue. If I were pregnant I'd be jumping off the I-74 bridge into the Mississippi River. I had liver function tests, because of my new migraine med, some other test to try to find out why I have big red blood cells, could be b-12 deficiency, and a factor v leiden, a genetic clotting disease that apparently is on my dad's side. All of them, including my dad, have had blood clots.

Marti - even if you can't get reimbursed from work for parking, you may be able to claim it on your taxes as a work expense. I was able to claim my parking fees when I went to school at the U of IA as an educational expense.

Cristina - Congrats on your Santa Fe.

Katy - Congrats on your loss! I just love those skinny cows.

Samantha & Shanna - Now for my little cat story. I've got one big cat, named Runty. At one time he was the runt of the litter, and I didn't think he would survive. Anyway, little, big Runty isn't exactly a snuggler. He doesn't like to be held, but will sit on your feet or legs if it suits him. Anyway, a few years ago, I had my gall bladder out. I got home from the hospital, took a shower and starting hurting, but it was too soon for vicodin. The pain got so bad, I started pacing back and forth through the house. My little Runty paced back and forth with me the whole time. And sat on the arm of the couch next to me whenever I was there, and followed me around the house. Now, whenever I'm sad, he's right there. His nickname now is "Little Buddy".

Well, gotta go figure out that collar for my poor poochie!

Jen (aka Fred)

suetalks
09-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Happy Monday. I got up and walked 2 miles this morning. Came in and had coffee, dusted, swept the utility room and then showered. SIL and BIL came over so we could all go to lunch. We visited most of the afternoon. My hubby is making a beautiful entertainment center for the SIL and she came to check it out. :)
I am lazy now for a bit, then have a party to go to this evening.
I am so jealous of you gals who are losing two pounds a week. I feel like I am eating very little, walking ALOT, and can't seem to lose much at all. I guess I have to eat even less....or at least different. Maybe I just need a new scale....haha.

Okay, serious moment here. I got the biopsy report and I have skin cancer on my back. I have to go in Thurs. for more surgery as they will remove more tissue from the area. Dr. said 99.99% of the time this type cancer does not go into anything worse. I found this out last Thurs. and had trouble dealing with it, or believing that it would be okay. Now, I am okay and can talk about it. It was just a shock!
I still have no relief from all the other tests and the pain in my side, but I am learning to live with that. See the Dr. the 5th for that again. Getting old is no fun.

I want to thank you JL's for having this place for me to come when I just want to "say something out loud." (does that make sense?)

Sue

Dolphin
09-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Sue- I am sorry for what you are going through. I hope everything goes well for you on Thursday. My thoughts will be with you.
Jen

Katiecat
09-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Hello! I just got back from Disneyland, and I am soooooo tired, but it was so much fun! :D :D :D It's my very favorite place to go -- if I had a choice to go to Hawaii or Disneyland, I'd pick Disneyland, LOL...it's hard to explain but I have very fond memories there. It's kind of...restorative? I guess...I have to go back to work tomorrow, and it will be hard. I'm already starting to plan my trip for next September. I want to spend every birthday there!

My feet are really sore, have no idea how far we walked, but it had to be miles every day. Next year I will try to remember to bring a pedometer -- would be cool to know how far we walked :)

Thanks for the e-card Marti, and the snail mail card, Cristi, and thanks to everyone who gave me greetings here on the board -- I didn't get your card yet, Jane, but that's something to look forward to ;)

Suetalks, I am very sorry to hear about the skin cancer on your back, but glad that the Dr. thinks the surgery will resolve it completely. Hope it's as quick and easy as possible. Let us know how you are doing.

Welcome to Midwest Gal and Samantha :wave: You've found a great, friendly, supportive bunch of ladies :D

Good to hear your job is going well, Marti...and Angie, what are you doing for the production of Fiddler?

Hi to everyone else -- I'll be back later to post more, but I'm doing post-trip laundry and making stew for dinner. I've missed you guys!

See you soon,
Katie

Katiecat
09-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Oh, and Shanna...loved your kitty story! The most heroic thing my Chloe ever did was to save me from a giant spider that was crawling up the comforter, but I will be forever grateful to her for that :) We're all rooting for you in school, and keeping good thoughts for you that you'll find the perfect job to work around your classes -- you can do it!!!

Samantha2002
09-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Hello ladies, how is everyone today? My day was okay, I didn't get to work out today because I had to do laundry at the laundry mat. I did work out a doable schedule for myself. My new goal is to work out at least four times a week. I unfortunately have not worked out since last Friday, nor have I been drinking enough water, and my body is definitely upset about it!!! I have not "cheated", though, so that is good, I guess.
Anyways, you guys have a great day!!

da fat n da furious
09-28-2004, 01:01 AM
I really do need to slow down...lol
I didn't have a cold, just the flu, which everyone had/has. So migraines and aches and pains are gone, and I had some allergic reaction to whatever the farmers are doing right now.
First off, Marti congrats on the soon to be nephew Lucas! Parking in Calgary is nuts, you can pay anywhere from 10 to 12 dollars a day. Times that by the month and its a couple of hundred easily. I had to go to the court house last week, 5 bucks for an hour. Rip off! Grrr
Jane, have faith you will go on your trip. And Im glad that Macy's test came back good.
Cristi, I am jealous! I have been wanting a Santa Fe for years now. Great split transmission, did you know that Volvo makes Santa Fe transmissions? Which are considered the best. great leg room in the back...but I guess you know all that...lol That is what Im going to get once we get all our finances settled. Plus we only bought Monte a brand new car last year. I went to Linen n Things and saw candle scents stuff and saw your fresh cut roses...nice.
Katie, welcome back...I love Disneyland too, and spent my 31st birhtday there. And would have gone again this time but Brandon's feet wouldn't allow us to do the walking.
Samantha, welcome to our group!
Sue, Im sorry to hear about your last set of tests...hope all goes well.

Shanna, love your cat story...how sweet of your lil boy. My baby is like that, she tries to get in the shower with me each morning, and whimpers and cries till I get out.
Tanner's 12th birthday was yesterday but we had his party Friday, picked all the boys up from early dismissal and took them swimming. Then brought them back and we had pizza and junk food with cake. Then I drove everyone home while Monte took Tan to football. Then had a game Sat afternoon,,,it was intense. They won and feeling pretty good, since the last few years they had been in a no win slump so far 3 games won out of 4.
Sunday was rehearsal for Fiddler....loving the show.
NExt week Brandon has sugery, nervous, worried, panicy,,,yup thats me....lol Told my mom to maybe wait for another week to come,,,shes worse then me,,,and I would just feed off of her...vicious cycle..lol
Can't tell you how much Ive missed you all, felt like a major thing missing in my life the past 2 weeks.
Well off to bed I go
night
Angie

Jane
09-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Hiya ladies!

Marti - yikes, your parking fees are atrocious! Thank goodness it's only a temporary thing. So are you liking the job ok? Glad your co-workers are nice.

Katy - YAY for the 2# down!! :cp: Don'tcha just love WW?? If we postpone Disney, it will be because of an impending hurricane. So we won't know until about 10 days before we go, or about this time next week. Way to go making your own syllabus for the class, so to speak. Glad you're getting into a routine.

Cristina - Disney's site yesterday said they were open as usual for business, so I guess there wasn't too much damage. I love my van, now, too, and couldn't imagine not having it. A is for Alibi was one of my favorites by Sue Grafton, and I hope you like it. The ending scared the bejeebers outta me, though!

Fred - er, I mean Jen, lol. I say you should never mop again, lol, poor doggie! Well, I guess I'm glad you aren't preggers, since we'd have to drag ol' Miss for your body, lol.

Sue - how was the party last night? Hope you had fun. Sorry about the skin cancer. I know it's scary, but it's gonna be ok. Hey, I have small losses, too. Some weeks only a 1/4 or 1/2 pound, but they have all added up to 72 big ones! You're doing great with the exercise, Sue.

Katiecat - you should've gotten my card before your birthday! I mailed it 5 days before your birthday!!!! Glad you had fun in Disneyland. Where's my post card, lol??

Sam - glad you're staying OP!

Angie - we missed you, too!! Brandon will be ok, sweetie, and just think how much better his feet will be when this is all over. It's hard, I know, but you are strong, and we'll be here for you, ok? I'll be calling you before too long.....

Mackenzie Jo (5 y/o) and I had so much fun at the style show and bingo last night. She was a little put out that we didn't win anything, so that's when I gave her the "spending time with each other is what counts" speech. Just call me Mike Brady, lol. Btw, she said something too cute... the style show was about 1/2 over, and she goes, "Grandma, when's the movie gonna start??" Everyone around us got a big chuckle out of that! I never did find out WHY she thought there would be a movie!

Toodles,

Samantha2002
09-28-2004, 10:12 AM
OK guys today I weighed in and am a little dissapointed in my progress. I have been losing so good, and this week I only lost 3 lbs...I know what everyone is going to say, I shouldn't expect to continue losing 5 lbs a week, but it was SO MUCH FUN...and I realize now that I have been slacking a little on the exersize and water...I will get back in gear today. This morning I did pilates for 20 minutes, and tonight I will be attending a Step I class - it is an hour long but I seriously doubt I will be able to finish all of that.
Anyways, ladies you guys have a great day!!

Marti
09-28-2004, 10:14 AM
So many post to catch up on! I was on last night, but sat here and was so tired. So James and I went to bed early, 9:00. That's early for us!!

Came home to some dinner last night....mmmmm smelled so good, and tasted even better. James roasted a Turkey Breast. (Hmmm.....no wonder I was so tired!)

Katy--200 minutes? Do you walk with a pedometer? I need to find mine. I had search and did find it a few weeks ago....but can't seem to remember where I put it! I would like to wear it at work and see how much walking I do. Not nearly as much as I did at Sony, but still a lot. Finding parking is crazy in Eugene in that area isn't it?? Now that school has officially started, its even more complicated!

Shanna--Sweet kitty of yours! How's your foot? Hope it's better and not too terribly bruised. I think if that were to happen to me, my dogs would just bark like I was some intruder. But for a story of my own...when James is "attacking" me (he pins me down and tickles me to no end) Chewy is always on him to barking to make him stop!

Jane--Oh I hope you get to go to Disney World! If you had to postpone, when would you go? I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't have too. How did Bingo go last night? When I lived in Illinois, it seemed that was the only thing, in the town that I lived in, that people had to do! So I went every week. I won a few times but never the jackpot. I swear this couple won that each time! And it was a couple that you would see picking up cans for Bingo money. So I was always glad that they won, they must have needed it. Oh....my middle name is Jane....so it's a good name you got there! :)

Cristina--I love my Supra. It's the only car that I have owned that I drove. So I'm kind of partial to it! $80 is a lot to spend on parking....that is why I need to get a permit. It would be only $45 if I got one. The darn company doesnt reimburse....not sure why that is. But once they move the company, I won't have to worry about it anymore and I'll have money to spend on something else!

Jen--Thanks for the tip. Didn't think about claiming it on my taxes. I will have to remember that. Just remind me when it comes to tax time ok? :D Sounds like you need to open up a animal center! Or maybe a pet daycare. Some girl who used to post here has a "Doggy Daycare" it sounds so neat!! I think they should have one in every town!

Sue--Sorry to hear about the cancer on your back. If the doctor says that it can be resolve than we'll keep our fingers crossed that he's right. You can come here anytime you need to "talk out loud"!

Katie--Glad you had a wonderful time at DisneyLand! It's been YEARS since I've been.....I believe I was 8! So one of these years I'll go again! I told James that the first family vacation we have we ought to go there.

Sam--Sounds like a great plan you have there. I need to do the same. I've slacked on my exercises the last couple of days. Being a part of that 10 day challenge....as soon as my 10 days are up, I kind of slack off! I need to get back over there and start another challenge!

Angie--Hi there girl! OMG....$5 an hour for parking! Ok, I won't whine and complain about parking here anymore! That's insane! Glad that you're over with the flu. Being sick is just miserable. Everyone at work is coming down with something and I really don't want to be a part of it! So come back when you get the chance and chat some more!

Hello to the rest of you girls that I may have missed!

I need to get started in getting ready for work. I'm liking this early shift too. The afternoon shift is the one that gets hectic!

It was funny as I was leaving last night, a woman called me over to the center desk and introduced me to a man who is one of the carriers, she told me that he used to work at Harveys Casino too....and they asked me what year I worked there, I told him in '90 or'91 (couldn't remember).....he was there too! He worked as a security gaurd and asked where I worked....I told him the hamburger joint I worked at and he said he had lunch there everyday! I told him he was probably one of the security gaurds who always told me to get back to my area since I was too young to walk the floors! What a small world!

Ok.....off I go.
Take Care Ladies!

Jane
09-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Sam - did you GAIN the weight at a rate of 5 pounds a week?? You're doing fine, so please don't expect your body to lose too much too fast. Hopefully, you will be learning all new eating habits and accepting this lifestyle as something to live with for the rest of your life. You're doing fine with the exercise, and you should be proud of your accomplishment so far. I know I"M proud of you!

FrouFrou
09-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Good day ladies~

First I have to say HI to Kathy and glad to see you back. And second CONGRAT'S Katy on the 2 lb. loss. And I probably missed a couple of other things and people yesterday when I posted to which I apologize. I was trying to post and talk and seem like I did more talking than paying attention here.

Katie~glad to see you back also. I couldn't remember if it was for your birthday that you guys were headed to Disneyland. Glad you had a GREAT time. But then who wouldn't have a great time there? I'm with you also, if I had the choice between Hawaii and Disneyland I definitely would take Disneyland!

Marti~bummer you can't get reimbursed for the parking but hey definitely file it on your taxes. Glad you are liking your job. Who was that that had the doggy daycare?? I remember some of the old timers but can't remember if it was Michelle, Mel or who?? I often wonder what those ladies are up to and how they are doing.

Jen~aaaahhh, your poor doggy. You definitely have had your share of pet emergencies. Isn't it funny how our pets can feel our pain?

Sam~hey, a 3 pound loss is GREAT! Plus, they say it's not good to lose too much too fast, 1-2 lbs. a week is good. But I also know the bigger you are the more you loss in the beginning. But still 3 lbs. is a great loss and you should feel great about that. You are doing an awesome job.

Jane~I must say after calling you Jana for so long it will take some getting used to Jane. Well, that's good there wasn't any damage at Disneyworld. So I assume you guys are going as scheduled? I did like A is for Alibi. For the most part I liked all of them, the ones I have read so far. I just think I have read too many too close together.

Sue~sorry to hear about the cancer on your back but glad you caught it. A friend of mine had skin cancer years ago and she is fine as I am sure you will be also. Sending some good vibes your way :goodvibes: And just remember anytime you want to talk we are here for you. :grouphug:

Angie~so glad to see you back. And a belated :hb: :gift: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Tanner! :gift: :hb: Actually, I had no clue that Volvo made the engines in the Santa Fe. That is cool because I know Volvos are supposed to be the best cars made. For the longest time I wanted one but I like the older more square ones. Of course now they make a SUV-I can only imagine what they cost. I am definitely liking driving it. Sending good vibes for Brandon's surgery. :goodvibes: I know he will be fine.

Shanna~hope your first day of school went well and you liked it. Also, that your foot is better.

Ms. Susan~what cha been up to girly? We are missing you around here. Hope you and Rachel, Rebecca and Gabrielle had a great weekend together.

Hi to everyone else, Mindee and Julie, hope I didn't forget anyone. :wave:

Had a couple of errands to run this morning and now I have a couple of loads of laundry to get done and some straightening of the house to do. I should go for a walk while it is nice and cool. We'll see when I get everything done if I have enough time, maybe later when DH gets home we'll go together. Other than that not much going on in my neck of the woods. Well, ladies take care and have a wonderful day! See ya later. :wave:

Samantha2002
09-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks guys for the support...I guess I just get a little down sometimes because it would take me FOREVER to lose this weight if I only lost about 1 lb a week!! Seriously, it would take about 2 years or more!! I know, it's either that or continue the way I was and get fatter and fatter :lol: I have said that to other people in the past. Noone worry, though, because I know what I did wrong, and I am going to do better. Maybe I won't lose 5lbs a week, but even losing 1-2 lbs a week, even STAYING THE SAME would be better than gaining!!! I am thinking about getting a digital scale, any thoughts on that???

:) :grouphug: Sam

Mom2Gaby
09-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks Cristi- I was going to IM you but will say hello this way.Thanks for the card and sweet words :)

Fell overwhelmed with everyone posting, impossible to keep up but will chat about myself.....lol.....think I can keep my own information straight *roll eyes*....we hope.......
Warm thoughts for Brandon though- Angie....and continued best to your health Sue.....

I am 148 today- yikes!! Too much fun over the weekend. Sauvies Island is a fun place. Though I mighht head out to Canby--- Katy.......I have been out to that pumpkin farm before - it is nice.

Just working and getting Octobers newsletter out--- btw--- I did FINALLY find some envelopes so I will get out Sept's to Jane and Cristi........anyone else on the mailing list??

Gaby's dad is AWOL.......disgusted with him. Probably for the best - considering. Breaks my heart for Gay though.....

k-
guess that it is.....trying to drink 100 oz's of wadder and get back on track!!!

Jane
09-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Hold on a sec.... go on over to #80, please.