WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 09:57 AM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Question

I am not sure how I should count this ww bread. It is the %60 whole wheat loaf. The nutritional information per serving (2 slices) is as follows :

Calories: 96
Fat : 0.9
Dietary Fibre : 3.1 g

The reason I am not sure what to count it as is that on the little slider thing it seems SO SO close to 2 points but still technically in the 1 point catatory that I am not sure what I should do. Should I count 2 slices as 1 pt? OR should I count 2 slices as 1 pt? It just seems that 1 pt is TOO low. What do you think?

TIA

Angie
Old 04-27-2001, 10:11 AM   #2  

Using Dottie's Point Finder it came out to 1.375 points. If you feel really compelled to do so, count it as 1.5, otherwise have 2 pieces for 3 points.
Old 04-27-2001, 10:30 AM   #3  

The information is for 2 peices. I am trying to figure out if I should count 2 slices for 1 pt or 2 slices for 2 points. Techically it comes out to 1 pt but on the slider it is pretty close to 2 pts.
Old 04-27-2001, 10:42 AM   #4  

Talking

Hi Angie,

Personally, I would count both slices as 1.5 points. If you prefer not to count in .5 point increments then maybe you should go ahead and round it up to 2 points.

Kinda funny that it's WW brand bread and it's causing us this much time to figure out how to count it, huh?!

Tina

Oops! I just realized that you meant whole wheat bread and not WW bread!!! Silly me!

Last edited by Tiner; 04-27-2001 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2001, 11:18 AM   #5  

Thanks Tiner

I am going to count it as 1.5 pt's.......gotta save an many points as I can right? I actually did mean weight watchers bread. i would have thought that they would put the point value right on the loaf...but they didn't ~~~weird. Anyways, thanks again

Angie
Old 04-27-2001, 11:23 AM   #6  

Hey there... I use the same bread and have been counting it as 2pts for 2 slices. I figure that 1 pt per piece isn't too bad, though I have to grumble a bit about the size of the bread. The reason it's only about 45 cals and less than 1 g of fat is because the slices are so damn small!!

One other reason I use it as 2 pts is because I heard somewhere that you're not supposed to count .5 pts?? So if something does come out to .5 pt, you're supposed to round up?

Christine
Old 04-27-2001, 11:35 AM   #7  

hey Snookems

I think you are right about the .5 points *BUT* techically this bread is UNDER the 2 points and actually according to the slider *could* be counted as 1 (for 2 slices) SO given that I *could* count it as 1 I feel like counting it as 2 would be too much? (I think I am really grasping here.....I want to keep my points!!! )

Oh, and the size of the bread IS small.....BUT at least when I eat the ww bread I can feel like I am eating real sandwich. Considering the other bread is 2 pt per slice I am really getting used to the ww bread...and actually liking it.

Good luck to you!

Angie
Old 05-04-2001, 03:55 PM   #8  
Puds mum!

Default Points finder

On my points finder I have on the computer it says it is 1 pt for 2 slices.I eat it all the time.If you want one I can send you one.It makes life so much easier!Don't know if Im allowed to say that or not?WW is kind of snubby about the point finders.Not like they don't make enough money...lol!

Sarah
Old 05-11-2001, 11:47 AM   #9  

Default Where can I find it?

Just wondering where you can find the WW bread? I have looked in our local Kroger, but no luck. Usually, I get the Healthy Choice bread (a bit more points, but it feels really substantial when I eat it!). I tried the Pepperidge Farms Light, but the slices were so small.

I'd like to try WW bread if I could only find it.

-Kim
Old 05-11-2001, 02:58 PM   #10  
Tax Chick

Default WW Bread ? Where??????

Please tell me where you can get ww bread. I am lucky and have a Wegmans grocery store - their light bread is
1 point for two slices. But I like to try different WW items...
Just curious.
Closed Thread