Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 01:08 PM   #1  

Default to switch or not to switch

hi everyone. i have been doing flex points since january 04 and lost about 45 pounds. however the last ten pounds have taken about 3 months to lose. i feel i am at a plateau. i am exercising great-30-45 minutes of cardio 4-5x/week and lifting weights 2-3x/week. my eating has been stable, splurges now and then but no different then before(and use activity points to counteract). i still weigh 242 lbs so a long way to go. i don't want to quit but i need to see that scale move to keep motivated. i am scared of eat until satisfied-that got me where i am. i would love to hear from those of you who have switched plans and your experiences. of note, i really do not eat a lot of junk and eat protein at every meal and snack. thanks headdoc
Old 09-23-2004, 01:59 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

So you are basically doing CoreFoods on Flex then? Much probably won't change then but it could. Have e-mailed me ( [email protected] ) for my plateau busting and articles?

Are you eating enough...you said you "use activity points to counteract"...are you eating your FPs too?
Old 09-23-2004, 02:32 PM   #3  

I eat until I am satisfied! I do not think CORE wants you to go away still feeling hungry. That is why I love CORE. Every time I eat, I tell myself I can come back in 30 minutes and eat more if I still feel hungry. I really eat again.
Plateaus are tough. I noticed my weight lose stalls at every place it stalled when I was gaining the weight. Do you remember a time when you were stable and not gaining losing before? I wander if this is the same place you are at now.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:07 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Headdoc, I loved Core at first but switched to Flex, which I hadn't been on since last year (no WW at all) for various reasons ... mostly that Core is too restrictive for me and the plan seems inconsistent. But I'm still interested in Core as an option for switching back and forth for the very reason you mention: plateau busting. I think WW's "Turnaround" concept is a good one ... switching the plans occasionally seems like a good way to keep things moving.

Just a comment.
Closed Thread