Support Groups - Sahm Thursday # 254

View Full Version : Sahm Thursday # 254

melmcc99
09-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

melmcc99
09-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Good morning Ladies!

JILL and Kristin, thanks for flying with me with all that laundry! I got it all done and folded, but I still have to put it all away. YUK! Also, I probably sounded pretty weird on your end with my mic, but I felt like I was talking to myself, since I couldn't here you respond and only could read it. It was hard to talk like that LOL. I think the kids thought I was talking to myself...lol

Deana, Curves is only a 30 minute workout and many people I have met that go, LOVE IT! I can't go there, because they don't have child care. They often will do a free week, so even if you do it for a week, it may get you in the groove to do more home. check it out.

LEigh, I hope your computer is up and running today! It's such a pain when they don't work. I ordered a thomas cake, for patrick, but that's all. THis time, we are just doing pizza, salad, breadsticks and cake this time. Not really our style, but dh and I have been so busy this time. Patrick really doensn't care. I was going to make a train cake, but I was afraid he'd cry when we cut it...lol. This cake is a scene with a real train on the top, that we could take off and give to him.

Crystal, great pictures. So funny, to see everyone sometimes, I start to imagine them as the avatars...lol Hope you are having a good day. BTW that picture of the US was a great one. NO mistaking what's that! some people just can't tell what those US's are, but yours is perfect.

Spryng, did you ever get all those toys bagged up? BTW get a receipt, you can write off the donation on your taxes if you itemize.

Penny, ohhhh, I'm so sorry that Andrew is not feeling well. How is he today. I hate when the little ones are sick. How is the rash? I know you said augmentin always does that to him. I'm glad it's not the kidneys though. How r u doing? Are you still getting in the a.m. exercise, or has it been tough with Andrew being sick?

Michelle, how r u? How was work last night? Is that weird girl, the virgin mother, still working there?

Anyway, ladies, if I missed you I am sooooo sorry. I am still running trying to do everything possible for the party and for myself and anyone else for that matter. Yell at me I know I didn't get to all of you.

QOTD for today, I think it's my day. When you were a kid ...what did you want to be when you grew up? When you were really little!

Answer: I wanted to be a pet doctor..I loved my animals and wanted to take care of them. Course I didn't know what they were called back then.

mamawithdreams
09-23-2004, 08:54 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

This week is going so slow to me. Okay how did you all sleep?
I slept pretty much, BAD!!! Nothing new though, huh? Okay I didn't get my big challenge done yesterday, but I think today we will school after lunch and so after I get the kitchen cleaned from breakfast and do my regular duties and get a load of laundry going I'll focus on this computer area and get it cleaned and organized. If I can get that done, then I'll be proud of myself. After we school, I've got a friend coming over to visit and she's going to nursing school and needs one of my kids for something for school so I'll have to get as much done before lunch and school or I just won't get anything done.

Mel, thanks for the compliments. How did you sleep? I've always heard great things about curves and we've got one here too, but with kids and no money going is never an option. My dh wouldn't ever let me join any gym anyways.

Cindi, how is Christian?

Spryng, where are you?

Michelle, since they are firing that girl or already have, are they gonna want you to work more hours? Do you want to?

Penny, how are you doing? What's on your agenda today? Don't you teach that religious class? What days do you do that?

Leigh, glad to see a regular post from you. I like to see all the pictures too, it always helps to put a face with a name.

Hello Jill, Amy, Chris, Deana, Jaymi, Geri, Ricci, and everyone else out there in sahm world. Hope you all had a great night and have a great day.

QOTD: I don't really know the answer to this because I wanted to be something different like every day but I do specifically remember wanting to be a vet. My mom loved animals and her loved rubbed off on me. Of course now, dh hates most animals and his feelings have rubbed off on me.

Okay, gonna enjoy my coffee and wake up dh. I think, AGAIN, we're gonna get the money to close on our house as long as the bank approves us. I'll call the bank Monday and tell them so hopefully by the end of next week we'll know. TTYL

melmcc99
09-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Crystal, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. I hope you get in a nap today. Have a nice time witht your friend.

I have to say, I actually slept through the night! I think the mylanta is working and I think I am going to call the dr and cancel taking bugga to the endo for sugar. Since giving him mylanta, he is drinking less. I bet the reflux was the problem. I don't want to put him though any unneccesary tests is I don't have too.

mompen
09-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Hi Ladies...

Crystal,
Sorry you are still not sleeping well! :( Hope you get all your cleaning done in time!

Melissa,
I hope Patrick has a wonderful birthday this weekend!!!!!

Leigh,
Hope you can get back on here soon!

Spryng,
What time does dh arrive today???

Michelle,
I am sorry you are working so much but like you said the money is worth it in the holiday season! I am gonna scan that witches hat thingy today. You said you were applying for a loan for school? Have you tried a grant first???

I can't remember anything from the other thread......:( And I gotta walk out the door in 30 minutes...... with us all dressed....lol

I have always wanted to be a teacher and still do!

Today is Hunter's birthday so I gotta go pick up his cupcakes, and have a party at his school.
I am trying to organize a Kidney Walk in our area and the CEO of the National Kidney Foundation of Louisiana is contacting me this morning :)
Oh and I went to a scrapbooking party last time!

So much fun!!!!!! I booked one of my own :)

Sorry to run but more things than time....lol

OK One more thing! WANNA POST PREGGO PICS????? :)
Here is when I was 36/6 weeks preggo with Hunter. The day before I delivered!

And here is a wedding pic of me and my dad... I don't have professional pics... :(

mamawithdreams
09-23-2004, 10:14 AM
All right Penny, you're asking for it with preggo pics. I gained 50 lbs. with Andrew, I don't know if I even let anyone take pictures of me. I'll have to do some digging.

Btw, I've decided to not do my computer area today as my big challenge. It's gonna be closets and dressers. I foudn out that we are gonna be in the high 70's the next few days so I'm gonna start getting ready for fall and winter. That's a job in itself. I'll let you all know how that goes. I've gotta get breakfast done.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNTER!!! How old are you?

MichelleRae
09-23-2004, 10:50 AM
HA!!! Breaking out the pregnant pics not this girl lol I didn't let anyone take a pic of me when I was pregnant well except while in labor with taylor I gained 70 lbs I had gestational diabetes and they didn't find it until my 37th week and they whisked me in right away to deliver, doctor was worried. I also had PIH that pregnancy.

Penny I don't recall you mentioning that it was Hunters Birthday!!! Happy birthday hunter!!! I'm On DH's puter or I would put a little bday graphic here. I'll do it when hubby gets home (when I'm going back to bed) No I haven't tried a grant, there are only a few (supposedly) of financial aid programs that this school works with so I'm applying for the stafford loan. I just got my pin yesterday so I can electronically sign my apps. So I'll probably do that today too.

Mel yes the virgin mother is still there ughhh but she won't be for much longer she is po'd that they give me more hours and I told her well, you've got to make yourself available but she just wants to keep milking the state for money and sit on her butt eating big macs, sometimes I hate what our tax dollars go to, I mean sure shes a single mom but she doesn't hardly ever want to work and said that she thinks that the state should pay her so she can stay home with her child, and while you all know I"m all for the sahm experience you also all know that you can only do it if you can afford to take care of your child without that paycheck coming in......ohhh sorry for venting lol.

Crystal yes they will be asking me to work more hours in fact I have no clue when my next day off will be at the moment I am supposed to have friday off but I'm now working and then sunday I have a 10 hour shift. I don't mind I've always liked to work and as long as it doesnt interfere with my time at home with my girls then its great. My hours are perfect since I will usually work 8pm to 1am while the girls are in bed. I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night, I hope you get a nap in today.

Ok well its taken me like 45 monutes to write this since kids are all over the place lol I'm gonna go clean, I'll TTYL!!
Michelle

mompen
09-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Girls!!! Now you see how big I was preggo with Hunter... ;(

I had hypertension really bad with all three but had the most fluid with Hunter. Massive Woman! LOL

Mel,
You need to change your siggy! Patrick is not 22 months anymore :)

Michelle,
I say it would not hurt to apply for a grant first then I loan. That is what I am doing... But either way Congrats to you! :)

Crystal,
Hope you get all your closet organizing done... It is kind of fun b/c we change season and all that good stuff..... And when I unpack my fall/winter clothes it feels like I got new ones....lol Pathetic I KNOW!!!!

Have a good day ladies :) Andrew is still running fever this morning so Mom is gonna come here and watch him so I can get out and get all of Hunter's stuff for today.

BTW, Crystal, Hunter is 5 today :)

spryng
09-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Good morning all!

Sorry I once again was MIA last night. All those new shows started and then when I got in here I was pages behind, lol... so I decided I'd be able to catch up this morning. I thought LOST was good. Very original... what the heck is on that island!!!?? Something big and mean, lol. I also watched the premiere to CSI NY, I don't think I'll watch it very often. I mean I like Gary Sinese but I really love the original CSI, which premieres tonight.
OK, also I didn't get to post much yesterday afternoon because my SIL came over to play a game (Scene It) and have dinner. I had forgot we had made plans last week, so instead of macaroni casserole I had planned to make, I ended up making Lemon Pepper Pork Loin, devilled eggs, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. It was soooo good! And we had sf/ff banana pudding for dessert. But let me tell you something irritating. My in-laws (the women) are all overweight. My MIL and SIL are obese and my SIL is single so she complains about her weight alot. Well last night after dinner she was raving about how good dinner was and when I told her it was all OP and healthy she couldn't believe it. So I explained to her healthy eating and low fat foods does mean flavorless, you know? So she decided she wanted me to help her start Core. So I have you my only list (that I had printed) and tons of recipes. We sat down and made out menus that included some of her favorite meals that we just tweaked a little to make Core. So we spent alot of time on this. Then she calls me last night before I go to bed and tells me that she thinks she'll start some other month. Meaning--- NEVER. I was so mad. She wasted my time. So that is it... this isn't the first time this has happened. I'm not doing it anymore. If they ever get serious about losing weight they can do it on their own, just like I have been doing for years. They need to do it for themselves you know? SO next time they come crying to me about their weight I'll hand them the number to the local weight watchers meeting and tell them to go there. Ugh. I just hate that.
Ok, plans for today. Well dh is still having truck problems, so instead of driving 70 MPH to get here he can only do 45-50 mph so he won't get to olathe until this evening sometime and then I have to go pick him up because on vacations they can't bring their trucks home. So sometime today I'll be making a trip in that direction. Other than that, I plan on cleaning the kids rooms today and just odds and ends around here, starting with my morning routine.
Oh, I forgot to tell you my cousin found out what she is having! A girl!!! They lost a little girl last year (at 20 weeks) so they wanted another one desperately and they found out it's another girl! I'm so happy for them! She's due at the end of january. So now I get to start on another blanket! Yippee!!! I've been waiting for this.

Michelle, I can't believe how much you are working! I hope you don't get run down from it. I worry about you! What does your dh do for work?

Crystal, I think dressers are a great idea. It's not cool enough here yet to start thinking about warmer clothes but I should at least get them all down so that I can just put them in drawers in a few weeks. Can you believe how fast summer went?? Snow will be here before I know it.

Penny, I hope Hunter has a wonderful day! My mom used to do the whole cupcake thing at school too! I loved it. :) I don't think I can find any preggo pics of me. I have one but it's kinda mostly of my back but you can see my belly protruding, lol... but without a scanner you'll never see how FAT I got! LOL! But like most women, I hid from cameras when I was pregnant if it was possible. lol.

Mel, no I still haven't got those toys bagged up. But I plan to today. After seeing that dr. phil special last night with the spoiled little girl that has everything and still wants more and he told the mom to bag 99% of it up so she'll value what she does have... got me thinking more about it. I mean I dont overload my kids with stuff, and goodness knows they don't get something everytime we go shopping, but they have alot of things they've accumulated over the years that are just in the way and they don't play with anymore. So I thought I'd bag up alot of their stuff and when I do buy them something new they have to get rid of something, you know what I mean? So it evens out.

Oh QOTD- I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. I dreamed about being one since I was very very young up until high school.

Ok, gotta get a move on it around here. Dishes won't do themselve! LOL! TTYL!

Deana1113
09-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Good morning ladies!!!

Penny: We're not even going there with preggo pics. I gained 70 punds with Erik, the first. Went from the 135 wedding pic to 205...and I got preggo the weekend we got married so I didn't stay small for long. I do have a side shot of me then in maternity shorts but darned if I'll put it on here..... :o .
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNTER!!!!! Wow big 5, next thing you know he'll be graduating.....lol.

Mel: So glad Bugga seems to be doing better with the Mylanta. I understand about not putting him through more tests but it may not be a bad idea to go ahead with them, for peace of mind if nothing else. And be sure to explain to the ones doing them what has happened with the other things lately and make sure they do them with extra special care. Sometimes you have to tell them ahead of time what you expect or they just do what they know. If you are more forceful about how he is cared for with them, they will most likely watch their step a little better. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Crystal: Sorry you didn't sleep well. Hope you get all your organizing done today. Me? I'm still working on that heap in the laundry room.

Michelle: You workaholic!!!!! We miss you. Did you tell the boss you have a second family you have to take care of too??? :lol:

QOTD: I always wanted to be a lawyer until my dad was killed in an accident when I was 16, and I saw how bad the lawyers reamed my mom in the wrongful death suit. She ended up settling out of court with them even after I told her she should have gone to trial. She got screwed BIG time. Then I decided I didn't want to be crooked and started thinking about other avenues. Now I'm the other thing I always wanted to be.....Wife and Mother :D

WATER CHALLENGE - 100 oz. Let's do it girlies.

Ok so I cheated again this morning and jumped on the scales. Tom is leaving and all the water I've been drinking, I couldn't help myself......another 2.5 gone since Tuesday. But I'm not going to post anything til official weigh in day. And this next Tues will also be measurement day. I can't wait now.....

Check in later. Have a great day.

Deana1113
09-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Spryng: You snuck in on me.....Hope dh gets home okay. Truck problems stink. I can't believe some people. Of course I should be used to it, because everyone I know around here that asks me for advice NEVER ever takes it. It's so irritating and it makes you apprehensive to help anyone again, even those that will heed your advice. And the worst part is that they don't even realize they do that to us. They only think of themselves and if it doesn't fit their life then forget it. So cool about your cousin. Hope this pregnancy turns out perfect for her. You'll have to post a pic of the blanket when you get done.
TTYL

melmcc99
09-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Deana, I know what you mean about the tests. Peace of mind and all. I may just have them do fasting glucose rather than a full day's worth of poking and all. I will keep a log of how's he's doing with fluids and see what the doctors think. I;'m with ya on the water challange today! intake thus far is ...36oz and heading for some more

Spryng, how frustrating about your sil and the diet thing. I hate when people ask for you help and sounds so siked about doing what they asked you to help with and then they cop out. It stinks and is a big waist of valuable time and energy. Ughh.

Penny, Poor Andrew! I can't believe he is still running a fever today. Prayers and hugs to you all.!

melmcc99
09-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Deana, you snuck in on me. HI!!!! Again.....

BTW I went to the gym and my friend who was supposed to meet me their didn't show! So, SPryng, I know what you mean. I did my exercise though and Patrick loves the nursery there. IT's HUGE and lots of kids were there. He really had a good time. It makes my exercise all that much easier. I just hope it continues.

BIGtimeLOSER
09-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Christian must be feeling much better, he just painted himself with a tube of lipstick!!! He actually slept all night long too!

Deana...WTG on the weight loss! I am in on the water challenge.

Mel...Glad your Bugga is doing better!

Crystal...Sorry you didn't sleep!

Michelle...I wish I could find a job like that! But don't work too hard. You should have a nice Christmas.

Spryng...HOw annoying that you'd help someone like that only to have it turn out that way. You are great to try, though.

I am going to do some housework for a bit and try to get this place organized some. I am reading Dr Phil's new book, I'll let you know how it works for me, but the show was pretty impressive. I am a Phil Fan anyway.

See you gals in a bit...

100 oz water

Breakfast...Nutrigrain muffin bar

snack...Apple

Lunch...something with cabbage, lololol!

snack...pretzels w/pb

Dinner...going to store to figure that out!

mamawithdreams
09-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Hi girls. lots of posts already.

Spryng, so sorry about what you went through yesterday with sil. I don't blame you for not helping them anymore. Hope you get dh okay today. And the snow, only if we're lucky. We did get some great snow last year but not until like February. Which is usually around the time it ices over and the hospital I'm delivering at is like 45 minutes away with no traffic problems. Oh well, we'll worry about that when the time comes.

I've already cleaned out dressers and closets for kids. Now I've got to go out to storage to see if there are any bags of clothes to go through. I hope so, my poor kids just aren't going to have much.

Penny, so sorry about Andrew especially on Hunter's birthday.

I only have one load of laundry to do today. I have two loads of white and light colors but I can only wash them at mom's tomorrow. Gonna go out to storage, ttyl.

Bayleysmom
09-23-2004, 01:03 PM
Geez ladies lots of jabbering already! I should be getting ready for the gym but for my own sanity I am going to post first so that when I get home I can get ready for grocery shopping since today is the day. Anyway I watched Dr. Phil last night and OH MAN! There are some parents without a clue out there, it was good to watch though since Bayley is still small there were some good what not to do tips and I liked the potty training tricks too! CSI NY was ok too, pretty scary. I still like the original too Spryng.

Mel I'm so glad Bugga is doing better at night! What a relief huh? Good for you for going to the gym! Bayley loves the day care too. Thanks for the challenge yesterday!

Crystal I hope you get all the winter clothes out and get what you need done today.

Penny HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HUNTER!!! YAY!!!!! 5 years old! I'm sure he will have a great birthday! Great Pics I'll post one of me later when I get back. Sorry Andrew is still running a fever glad it's not his kidneys though! Keep me posted on the Kidney Walk thing, that will be so neat!!

Michelle when you apply for FASFA or FAFSA whichever way you spell it LOL and put in all your financial stuff they will give you grants and stuff automatically if you qualify for them. Having Bayley and not working last year FINALLY got me some free money, so you may luck out. You don't know what you got till you get your paperwork back so just keep your fingers crossed. Sorry you have to work so much. Can't wait to check out your web page! Is it done yet?

Spryng the same thing happens to me ALL the time!!! I will get motivated and get some weight off and my sil, or other family members will ask and sound interested and I will spout off and get really excited and then they stuff their faces at dinner and sat stuff like that wouldn't work for me or whatever. So annoying. Then when they do want to diet they will go on slimfast! Which is fine if you only replace one meal a day or so but all they do is drink those and lose weight and then go back to what they were doing before because you can't live on those forever!!! Hello!! And the whole time I am asking them "what are you going to do when you have lost weight, are you still going to drink those?" and they just laugh like the already know they will gain all the weight back then some. It just pisses me off! If they don't want to lose weight fine, but don't ask for info and know what you need to do and then do something that you know won't work, or do nothing and then complain about how fat you are!! Sorry your post just hit a nerve! Can you tell? LOL Sorry about dh's truck, isn't it new? Cool about your cousin! So I can't wait for CSI tonight! It should be a good one!

Deana I snuck a peek at the scales today and yesterday and today I was down 2 pounds!!! I was so excited. I can't wait for my WI tomorrow! I knew you would be down after TOM left and you got that bad food out of your system! WTG that is so awesome!! You are on your way!! I'm up for water challenge today, I did almost 100 yesterday but I WILL do it today!!

Cindi glad Christian slept last night, maybe things will start getting back to normal huh?

Ok guys need to go and feed the little one and then get home and get ready for my errand day, was supposed to plan my menus last night and didn't so I have to scramble today! TTYL

Deana1113
09-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Mel: I am sneaky like that....I learned it from dh. It's soooo funny. My MIL told me the first time I met her, "Watch him, he's sneaky" and she wasn't kidding.....LOL.
Don't you just hate being stood up?

Cindi: Sounds like Christian is feeling MUCH better today...lol. We can do this water, let's go. 20 oz down working on more. I really sucked it down yesterday but getting a later start today on it.

TTYL

sydsmom
09-23-2004, 01:13 PM
hello !! okay this is going to be short! :) I need to get dd from preschool ! Also I am such a push over, I told my aunt I would stay one more night at her place, so tonight I go again! UGH! oh well, its just one more, and then tomorrow during the day I forgot that I already agreed to watch my other cousins (the 4 whose mom died of cancer) while their dad moves to the new house he built ! and then tuesday I am taking adams g-ma to the doctor too.....sheesh, I feel like I shouldn't be complaining because I am the one who said yes, but it is just tough. I feel like everyone kind o takes for granted that I am a SAHM and I just have all the time in the world. DH is mad at me, he says that I need to say no once in a while and that he isn't working so hard so I can be at home, only to have me constantly doing things for others and not ever getting any payment or anything. I understand what he means, I feel totally unappreciated, especially by FIL, considering how much I do for his own mother. I see her more often then he does. Don't get me wrong, I feel like I am sounding snotty but enough is enough. I think that i am going to limit myself to 1 maybe 2 committments for them,m each week and thats it. I can't do this helping everyone every day thing. its too tough on sydney and i get no quality time with her.....which makes me feel bad for getting on the computer sometimes!! But I need that too! :faint: okay, I;m wearing myself out! Sorry to complain so much. I will try and get back her when dd lays down for a nap after lunch! :) TTYL :?:

Deana1113
09-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Jill: WTG on the loss. Thank you about mine. Now my next big obstacle will be a family reunion on Sunday. But like I told dh, atleast it's at noon and if I watch what I eat I still have all day to work it off. And he found out he doesn't have to work any OT this weekend so that means 3 days of lots of calorie burning, if you know what I mean.... :D
Have fun shopping today. I have to run to Walmart for a couple things and probably stop at the grocery store for a couple things. Wish it could wait til tomorrow but I need the laundry soap and Splenda today. Thinking about calling Curves too and seeing how much it is. 3 days a week would be perfect so I could go while dd is in school.
TTYL

Alora1978
09-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi ladies! I'm getting a late start but my morning has been hectic! I feel so gross, bloated and I know that I won't see a loss tonight at weigh-in :(. If I do it will be a miracle from above, I can only hope that I've maintained. My mom is bringing over a birthday cake for me today and so I'm eating very little today so I can enjoy a piece when she gets here.

Spryng: Me and you like the exact same shows I swear! Big Brother, Amazing Race, Lost, CSI!!!!!!! Are you a Survivor fan?? That really does stink that you took time out to help your SIL get serious about her weight loss only to have her back out on it. Some people just aren't serious enough about their health to want to lose their weight.

Penny: I hope Hunter has a great b-day! September is full of birthdays, my good friend's b-day is today so I had to call and sing really loudly the birthday song to her answering machine. She's a nurse and works til 7 so she should get it then..LOL I hope little Andrew gets to feeling better, my little boy just got another little sore in his mouth, I hope it won't bother him as bad as the one he got last week. I don't know what is up with those things!

Deana: WTG on the weight loss! Everyone who has seen a loss this week is an inspiration to me. :)

Crystal: I washed clothes all day long yesterday and still have more to go! I've had it, I''m getting out the trash bags and throwing away anything that hasn't been worn in the past 3 months yet still finds itself in the laundry room!

Cindi: I'm glad Christian is feeling better! Lipstick.. LOL... Mine doesn't get into my lipstick but he does enjoy spraying my perfume all over him.

Mel: I'm glad the gym thing is working out for you! You'll be melting away pretty soon. LOL

Michelle: I went from about 145 to 206 when I had my son. Me and my hubby ran across a pic of me in a bathing suit when I was like, 8 months and he said "I can't believe you were that HUGE!!!!!" I was like umm.... thanks!

Well, I gotta clean my house before my mom comes. I hope everyone has a great day, I should be on a little later.

Amy :)

180/173/140
STG: 169 by Sept. 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deana1113
09-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Kristin: Slow Down Honey!!! I know exactly what you mean. I went through that in January of 2000 after dd was born. People were still asking me to do things for them even though I had 4 kids, simply because they couldn't, or wouldn't, do it for themselves. By ex-best friend even called one day when I was 4 months pregnant with dd. She had family coming and needed help to get food cooked, house cleaned, etc before they got there. I still had trouble saying NO, so I went only to do everything for her while she sat on her fat *** and watched me. I fixed the light in the kitchen that her hubby couldn't seem to get around to, cooked all the food and then even replaced the vanity (cabinet and sink) in the bathroom. So by the time dd came and ppl were still asking, I went into a deep depression and starting ignoring everyone, even my family. I finally went to the Dr. and you know what she told me? I have to learn to say "NO". So I did and now I spend more time with my kids instead of try ing to fix everyone else's lives. And I am so much more happy this way. I'm not tryin got tell you what to do, just sharing where it got me. It's no fun and I hate to see others put in that position. Good luck.
Gees, somebody stop me. I think it was the "older, wiser confidant" comment from Jill yesterday......lol....made my head swell a bit.

mamawithdreams
09-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Okay done with school and found out no kids clothes in the storage. I'll be ebaying I guess.
School went incredibly well today and I think dinner will be leftovers with some mac and cheese for the kids so not too worried about that. Can't take a nap, Andrew will be up soon and my friend should be stopping by soon.
Just wanted to check in. Hope everyone else is having a great day.

melmcc99
09-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Deana, I agree with you a hundred percent. I used to do everything for everyone and like you I was so overwhelmed and depressed. I had to learn to say no too. I still say yes, but I always tell people I have to get back to them. I don't make a quick decision, this way I have time to evaluate my schedule and my TOM. I am always much more tired at that time, so I don't offer help then. I'd be fine helping them, but when I got home my kids would suffer, because I wouldn' thave the time to do things with them or was to tired or cranky. Everything is so much better now that I learned to say no or I'll get back to you.

sydsmom
09-23-2004, 04:54 PM
hey I'm back ! You all are going to laugh so hard when I tell you this! but I have the kids today too, as well as tomorrow! LOL! :lol3: My uncle called and asked, because they are getting in the way at the house when they are trying to move...of course they are, they are 9.7.4 and 2 !!!! I love to help him, ever since his wife died (my aunt) I just jump at the chance to see them. They are the best children, and I see their mom in them all the time so I love to be around them! I don't mind them at all, and would watch them once a week if I had to ! :) The other stuff, though, its gotta stop! :faint: Okay I am going to attempt to get personal now!

Deana - Thanks for the advice, I am proud to say that when I know enough is enough, I will say no.....this all just came on at once though, so from now on I am going to be a lot more careful of saying yes right away on the phone!

MEl - Thanks for the fly chat yesterday! IT was SO COOL to hear you and little bugga's sweet giggles! I love your Jersey accent! LOL! Thanks also for the advise about telling people your "not sure" and then really checking out the schedule before jumping right in ! I am going to give that a try from now on! I'm so glad you love the gym and that bugga is having sucha positive experience! :)

Amy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Is it today or this weekend? how old will you be! Hope you have a great day! :hb: :gift: :balloons:

Spryng - Sorry about the time and effort wasted! I hear ya! I really don't bother with my family any more, that is one lesson that I have learned...they just don't get it, you used your time you could have been playing with your kids or getting something done, to help her and she could care less! I hope that you have a nice day! and know that you give great advice and are a great inspiration with us all, we love your advice !!!

JIll - sounds like you have lots of running around to do ! I missed Dr. Phil last night, I heard it was good though !!! Have a great day! :)

Penny - Happy Birthday Hunter! :cb: :gift: :hb: :wave: Also you were so cute when you were prego !!!! I have NO pictures of me when I was pg, I carried Sydney really high and mostly in my back..for most of my pregnancy I looked just fat, hardly anyone could tell until my belly button popped out at 8 months! I wore a size 10 regular clothes when I was preg! I'm bigger than that now, only by one size, but that is depressing! :lol: I'll get their though!

MIchelle - that is what my cleaning job was starting to become, so I said enough is enough, see I'm not that much of a push-over! :lol: I bet you will be so excited to have the extra $$ I would !!! I agree with your little rant about people who abuse government services...it ticks me off big time! Mostly because those who REALLY need it, have to go through a ton of red tape because of people who abuse it!

Crystal - I just finished getting sydney a ton of fal clothes and her b-day is coming up, otherwise we wouldn't have any either! Since she is my first, I have to get her stuff all the time! plus kids stuff is my weakness! I have a MAJOR shoe fetish and my daughter has fallen victom to it as well.....

Chris - HI :wave: how is your day going ? Its tough to get all this stuff down here and remember eveeryone, and then we add extra websites and stuff to it! :lol: I know its alot but once you get it, its a breeze! We use the other site to post recipes and exercise and such, and then Yahoo chat is where we go and do our cleaning challenges and sometimes just chat each other up! same with the chat at the MSN group !!! :)

Cindi - So glad to here the Christian is feeling a little better and being a little trouble maker again! :lol: That is a sure sign that he is on the mend! :) That was an adorable pic of your "mean girl"....is the sweet little cherib really MEAN? LOL! I have one, I know she probably can be! I want to see a pic of you !!!!!

QOTD: I wanted to be a teacher or a pediatrician, always something with children......if I hadn't found interior design, I probably still would want to do something with kids! That is why I volunteer with them 3 times a month !!!

Since it is my day for QOTD too, here goes !!!
What is your favorite color? and where do you see it the most, like do you end up using alot in decorating or are a lot of your clothes that color,etc??????

my QOTD: I love blue.....I reflect it more in my wardrobe, but my basement is the country blue stuff, so I guess both...my mom and dad both LOVE blue and purple, all there rooms in their houes are a light shade of blue or lavender! Its funny how that works !!! I also like purple too :)

SO, I better see how everyone is napping, or if they are! LOL! but I am going to take pictures of my house and dd's room this weekend or next and when I get them developed, I will post them so you all can see it! I need a digital cam so bad! that is what I want for christmas! :) i love seeing how people decorate their homes !!
Okay - TTYL !!!

melmcc99
09-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Kristin, What Jersey Accent, I thought that was you who had the accent...lol Just kidding since I've never heard your voice. Good luck with all those kids...wish I could help you out lol. Much better with someone to do it with.

melmcc99
09-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Qotd answer 2. Green

Deana1113
09-23-2004, 05:46 PM
QOTD #2: I know it sounds kinda morbid but my favorite color is black. It's mostly my clothes, but black is thinning and I need all the help I can get.....

mamawithdreams
09-23-2004, 06:31 PM
QOTD #2: I don't really have a favorite color. I love all greens and purples, but in my wardrobe I do lots of blacks, grays and browns and denims. Decorations go more on themes rather than colors. If I'm asked my favorite color, I'd say green. But it doesn't really show anywhere.

Hope everyone is doing well. TTYL

MichelleRae
09-23-2004, 06:38 PM
ok I can't keep up lol!!

QOTD: blue is my favorite color any and all shades people think my favorite color is red because I wear it a lot but I wear it a lot because I get a lot of comments when I wear red.

Amy - Omg I can't believe your DH said that!!! One day we were leaving the grocery store and this lady is just standing in the middle of the road and my dh said (not to her but more just out of frustration) "move cow" and I said gee how do you think that makes me feel and he told me that he doesn't see me as overweight and never has which was sweet but some how I think he's lying ;) LOL

Kristin sometimes I feel used too when I do a lot of stuff for my family but then they don't want to return the favor. It doesn't happen a lot anymore, except my mother sometimes thinks that I'm obligated to go to the store to get her whatever she needs , uggghhhhh I won't do it anymore shes a big girl.

Spryng I hope you have a safe trip going to get DH. How long is he home for?

Penny Let us know how Hunters Party goes!!!
This is for Hunter: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/michellerae/Months%20Astrology%20Holidays/birthd_009.gif

Jill ohhh I didn't know they automatically checked for grants too thats good to know :)
I was just told that I would be getting the stafford loan. I'll keep ya posted. No the site isn't quite ready yet :( Soon my pet soon ;) LOL Yeah yeah I'm a dork lol

Leigh, where are you? I hope everything is okay!!

Ok I know I missed some :( but I'm running out of time anyway I'll be back later tonight while I'm at work. So in the meantime hello :wave: to everyone I missed :)

TTYL!
Michelle

Chubba
09-23-2004, 08:27 PM
YAK YAK YAK :lol:

Hi ladies,

Worked today and never got back here last night. Spent some time with dh instead...that's about the only thing that rates above you guys at night :lol: :o :D ;) .

So, my friend talks to her boss today and is told that they need to hire a full timer, not a part timer. Seems the girl that's on maternity leave only wants to come back 4 days a week and the boss doesn't think it'll work with me as 3 days a week....well, she doesnt' know how hard I work :D :p . Anyway, I'm going to go to 3 days a week @ 8 hrs a day as soon as I find a day care person until the other girl comes back from maternity leave in December. Then the boss will re-evaluate and see if it will work or not. Whatever! I'm getting a big old raise starting this week :D and if it doesn't work out I won't look for something else until after the holidays. Who hires in December anyway? Then I ask my mom if she can watch the boys Monday while I put in 8 hours and she sighs and rolls her eyes! I know it's not easy...but she offered! So, I'm going to have to pay someone to watch them 2 days a week and she'll watch them 1 day. Oh well. What are you going to do? That's why I can't work full time (nor do I want to anymore :D ). Just want to keep the income coming in since we're so old and close to retirement ( ;) that's for you young chicks out there...Deana, you might know what I mean :lol: ) and we have to make sure we're set for the future.

Leigh..Oh, I mean DR Leigh :smug: Hope you get your puter fixed soon!

Happy birthday Hunter and Bugga :hb: :hat: :balloons:

Spryng...dh is on vacation? For how long? Will we hear from you??

QOTD #1 ... a vet...until I found out you have to stick your arm up a horse :lol:

#2... purple. Have the purple/cream/sage combination in both our bedroom and the bathroom. LOVE IT. Even Will and Dh love purple.

Sorry to rush this, but Tony keeps hitting the keyboard and I'm going to lose this post. Guess he missed me today :) .

Saw parts of Lost...I think it's a dinosaur or alien or something like that. Not sure if I liked it. Watched The Bachelor...Jill, was that you? This group of women are reallllllly catty. And why do the guys always pick that one agressive bit*h??? Missed Dr Phil and also Law & Order...for got that was on. Too much for one night. Tonight is Survivor and ER so I won't be back earlier. Also want to was the kitchen floor while after the boys go to bed and both bathrooms could use a cleaning. Tony doesn't allow me much cleaning freedom during the day...especially if it calls for water :lol: . Our cold front is coming through so it's back to upper 60's startign tomorrow...I'll miss the 80's but they'll be back someday! :(

Hope all is well with everyone...Hi to all!!

Bayleysmom
09-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Hey everyone, back from shopping and I am beat! you didn't give me much to catch up with! LOL Anyway I got some no sugar added malt balls today and only ate a few but I feel like crap!! Uggg I feel like I could puke and i have a headache. I think I need some more water, I have only drank 33 oz today and need to get some more in me for my weigh in tomorrow. I don't feel like making dinner either and there is more than enough housework to do but I just feel like sitting.

Well tomorrow is a big day, I have Bayleys 1 year checkup tomorrow, need to get books from school and I'm getting my hair done. I'm pretty stoked. It should be a fun day.

So just now when I went to get the baby at my moms I walked in and expected her to be really excited and she just kind of waved at me and turned around. Then when I went to pick her up she cried and reached for my mom!!! She didn't even want to go home with me! I felt bad like I am a bad mom or something but I'm sure it is normal. Will someone please share a similiar story like that so I can stop feeling so bad! LOL

Penny how is the birthday going today? What is Hunter into this year? What are the "cool" toys that they all want? Thank you so much for the cute bag with the ladybug on it! It is soooooooooooooooooooooo cute! You are the best! I think I am going to start using it as the diaper bag since it's smaller that the gigantic one I have that i hate carrying around!!

Kristin sorry I missed your IM! I wish we could have chatted!! Missed you today! Hope to chat tomorrow! How are you feeling?

Deana you can totally do the family reunion. Just try to make wise choices and take smaller portions and try to get into a conversation so you are not thinking about food. Drink your water too! You are so good at that! Extra exercise is good too!!! LOL

Michelle I already knew you were a dork, you didn't have to tell me! LOL Hurry up with that web page will ya! LOL Have fun at work as usual!

Geri I ended up watching Dr. Phil instead of Bachelor because I won't be able to watch Bachelor starting next week because of school so I didn't want to get hooked cuz it would just annoy me that I was missing it. I hope everything works out with that job. I'm sure they will keep you on part time after they see how hard you can work! :) Hope you get your chores done!!

Ok ladies I am prolonging this dinner making. I think I will go lay on the couch for few and see if I can make myself feel better and then hopefully get started! TTYL!!!

MichelleRae
09-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Ok ok page is done it is at www.powell.firez.org

don't laugh, I think its a little sloppy oh well lol

chrily
09-23-2004, 11:17 PM
QOTD #1 I always wanted to be a veterinarian, but then when I got in jr. high and saw how some of those poor little critters "cried', I decided there was no way I could see any animal suffer.

QOTD #2 My favorite colors would be blue and yellow.

I went to work today and left my cranky butt with my sister. Thursdays are always hectic. Try to get the kids to school on time. Take Nicole (aka Cranky Butt) to my sisters, then late to work...then leave work, pick up Kayla from Kindergarten, drop her at sis's, eat lunch, work, pick up the kids at my sister's, stop at my ex SIL's to pick up my oldest daughter, then dinner...Heck, I'm tired just writing that! Now I suppose I should be getting off of this crazy thing. Tiana needs to study for a science test and my little C.B. is crying. Once again we are watching Jammin in Jamaiica (the infamous Barbie dvd) again. The second time since I got home at 6, and its only a little after 8 now.

I could try to post my preggie pictures but I have to dig through junk to find them then I'd have to scan them. I'll see what I can do. BTW, I have checked out the MSN site and the flylady site. I did join both. Thanks for all your guy's help and such. Gotta go...the little one is very irritated now and climbing towards me and the keyboard. Not good.
Talk to you tomorrow.
~chris

Alora1978
09-23-2004, 11:31 PM
Good Evening Everyone! I went to weigh-in tonight at TOPS and I gained, I knew it. It was only a half pound and considering how I'm feeling I'm surprised that was all I gained. My mom came over and brought my b-day cake, tomorrow is my actual b-day, i'll be 26. She bought me a cute pair of earings, some bath and body stuff, 2 shirts, another food journal w/cute pens and a 50 dollar check!! I couldn't belive she did all that and I was so thankful. The shirts are really cute and I know my sis picked them out, she always has the best taste in clothes and knows what will look good on me. I can't stay on long and get personal b/c I am hurting really bad right now :(. I have endometriosis and it really takes it's toll on me. I hope everyone has a good night and I will check back in the morning!

Amy :)

180/174/140
STG: 169 by Sept. 30th.... but don't think I'll make it! Oh well, I'm still working at it

Bayleysmom
09-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Geez where is everyone tonight! Must be watching Survivor and CSI lol. It's just about to start here! TTYL

Deana1113
09-24-2004, 12:12 AM
I'm here now Jill..... :) . I almost forgot I had a meeting tonight for Scout sign-ups for new cub scouts. I didn't even remember until about noon. I gained 3 new scouts tonight so that will put me at having 7 in my den. Now to work out where we are going to meet..... :?: . I know when just not where yet. I have a couple places to check into but I know I don't have room here at my house for them all. We gained 5 or 6 in the other den where I am asst. leader and we may have to split them off into another den because they don't want 2 of us to try to handle 14 or 15 boys. They like to keep them around 8 in each den.

I didn't quite make it on the water today. I got 80 oz down and now it's too late to drink any more unless I want to be up ALL night :dizzy: . I will make it tomorrow.

Well dd is still up watching Tom and Jerry, her favorite cartoon, and eating popcorn so I'll be up for a while. Might check chat to see if anyone is there. If not, I'm gonna go to bed soon.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Have a good night.

mompen
09-24-2004, 12:27 AM
HI Ladies...

I have been a lousy friend lately....:( I feel so bad that I haven't been around!

Leigh,
Are you around girly?

Spryng,
Hope dh made it home and ya'll are having a wonderful time! Anything planned for the weekend? Tell mil and sil to kiss your butt! ;) I have the same problem with my friend :(

Mel,
Thanks for the card for Hunter! That was so nice of you!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATRICK!!!!! :balloons: Congrats on going to the gym! Awesome :cheer:

Jill,
Hope you had a good day shopping! Please let us know how Bayley's appt goes! Does she have to get shots??? :?: OOOHHH OOOHHH I wanna see the pic of your haircut! Bring it on!! Congrats on the weight loss!

Deana,
You are so sweet! Thanks so much! Deana... who needs Curves when you get exercise with dh ;) LOL

Kristen,
SLOW DOWN GIRL!!!!!! (ok the pot callin the kettle black...lol)

Amy,
Hope you are feeling better soon! Happy Birthday :cheer: :balloons:

Chris,
I am so glad you joined the sites! :) I know it has really helped me!

Geri,
I sure hope you find a caretaker for two days a week.

Crystal,
Have you been checking on ebay yet for clothes? I just love Ebay! :)

Michelle,
The webpage looks wonderful! I know why we are best friends...lol We are just alike :) My hubby said when are you gonna have time to sleep... LOL I should be asking you that same question!!!!!!

Cindi,
Your menu looks awesome! :) Glad Christian is feeling better!

Everything is going ok today! :) Andrew is feeling better b/c he is back on his antibiotic... but his diaper rash is starting to come back from the Biaxcin.. :( Amy do you know anything about that antibiotic..... It is kicking his butt!

Hunter had a wonderful birthday.... :) ALL DAY LONG....lol

Melinda, Julie, Ginny, Ricci, Jaymi, Misty, Mindee,Angel, Cheri..... I am thinking of you all! :)

I am so tired so I am gonna get some sleep so I can start all over again tomorrow.....lol

MichelleRae
09-24-2004, 01:20 AM
OH man penny I hope that Andrew feels better soon those antibiotic diaper rashes are the WORST Taylor and Teagan both get them when ever they are on antibiotics and Taylors was so bad once that her butt was covered welts and bleeding I mean it looked like we whipped her but it was just the antibiotic the doctor told us to put gynelotrimin on it because apparently it is just a yeast infection from the meds. BTW I've worked out a plan so we can both get some sleep lol...I'll come watch your kids for a few hours and then you can come watch mine (bring a can of mace ;) they are dangerous kids) ok so its set I'll see you tomorrow morning ;) LOL JK!! Glad you like the site!!

Ok I'm at work I just wanted to come say hello to everyone so HI :wave:
I'll post in the morning probably after I get back from the doctor.
Love to all
Michelle

mompen
09-24-2004, 01:35 AM
I haven't heard of that med, Michelle....

We use Nastatin here ...... is it the same? do you know??
Dr. said use nastatin, boudreaux's butt paste or dr. smith's...

Ok I am ready for you to come watch the kids!!!! Heck, why don't you move to Louisiana!!!!

Didcha all know that IVAN has came back to us.....grrrr....

I just found out today when we had such bad weather and I asked my mom what the heck was going on....

Ivan swooped back around and came back to us but it is now a Tropical Storm so the lower part of Louisiana that just had all the flooding is now flooding again... The Neverending Ivan... Is anybody else down here getting anything?

Have a great night! I am really going now!

MichelleRae
09-24-2004, 02:18 AM
Penny Gynelotrimin is actually over the counter cream for female yeast infections he also said we could use Monistat cream. We used the gynelotrimin and boy oh boy did it help clear it up fast. We also have nystatin but I prefer the lotrimin it seemed to work faster. Man I'm sorry you are getting battered by storms, I hope you are all safe! How was Hunters party? What cool new stuff did he get?

Bayleysmom
09-24-2004, 03:01 AM
Hey girls I just finished watching Without a Trace and wanted to say hi! I guess just to you Michelle since you are the only one up still! LOL I drank 66 oz of water just since dinner so I am going to be in trouble tonight! LMAO We'll see if I get any sleep. Ok, thats about it, I am going to watch the 11o'clock news and then hit the sack. Hope you are having a good night at work Michelle! TTYL

MichelleRae
09-24-2004, 03:25 AM
:wave: Yep I'm still up and working away, I just figured out that my next paycheck will be over 500 bucks so that will be nice to have!! I'm going to start my holiday shopping soon. Way to go on the water Jill!! I took a couple water pills today so I"m not all bloated when I have my doctors appt tomorrow morning, I haven't lost too much in the last month but I have lost inches I know for sure because I got some new pants at the beginning of the month and they are already too big for me, I can pull them off without unbuttoning them which is nice and frustrating at the same time because of all the money I have to spend getting clothes that fit me, too bad I'm working now because if I weren't I could just wear jammies all the time lol.

Well I gotta start closing up so I can go home!!
Jill since you were hounding me did you go check out my new site layout ;)
powell.firez.org

Ok I'm outta here!!
Michelle

mamawithdreams
09-24-2004, 09:05 AM
starting a new thread.

chrily
09-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Good morning. Hey look I'm up early. I thought I'd get on before I had to get the kids up for school because I won't have time later. My sister has me watching her little boy since its her day to be room mom at her daughters preschool.

Amy-read your post from last night. My daughter cut her hair to the scalp on one side and her bangs where to the scalp in the front. Luckily she left (although kind of short ones) to comb over top of the whole mess. Watch out though when the wind blows....

Michelle-Hey girl! Don't work to hard.

Running out of time...I'll get back later. Just have to unload one more thing-My BIL's girlfriend has lost 35 lbs. since July on the Atkins diet. I am so jealous...I could scream. If I lost 35 lbs, I'd feel so much better about myself. Well TTFN, I gotta get the kids up and ready for school.

~chris