100 lb. Club - Ultimate goals

View Full Version : Ultimate goals

LakeGirl
09-21-2004, 11:26 PM
I saw a similar post on another forum, though I think it was an old thread. Anyway, I wanted to revisit it with all of you, as this kind of stuff keeps me so motivated and I keep thinking of things to add to the list.

Once you reach goal, what are some things you are looking forward to doing?

For me, so far, it is:

Learn to horseback ride
Go bike riding with my kids
Go shopping at Victoria's Secret
Maybe try one last time to get pregnant.

What about yours?

Samantha2002
09-21-2004, 11:40 PM
Excellent idea -
for me it is:
Go swimming and not be embarrassed
Go into a bar and get checked out by guys (I know I am married, but still - it feels good!!)
Go to an amusement park and not worry about not fitting in the seat belts on the rides
Go go cart riding
Shop ANYWHERE but Lane Bryant
And DEFINITELY have a baby.

missaprylj
09-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Scuba Diving
Learn to Salsa
Buy jeans in one of those ridiculously stupid teenager stores with friends
Buy a *really* expensive swimsuit and a NICE winter jacket

lessofsarahtolove
09-22-2004, 12:21 AM
Hmmm.....you know I never think about this, and I don't know why. I guess because I feel like it's so far ahead of me, it's like dreaming. But I'll try to come up with a few things off the top of my head, like that game where you have to answer the question quickly when you catch the ball:
* Go jogging and running
* Do laps at the community pool
* Wear a miniskirt with heels again
* Wear Victoria's Secret matching sets
* Get a tattoo
* Take a yoga class
* Go horseback riding
* Do a striptease for my sweetheart

That's a start! :)

djs06
09-22-2004, 12:33 AM
*get a tattoo on my hip (incentive not to gain weight, too! :lol: )
*do more outdoorsey stuff, like biking
*go shopping in non plus-sized stores
*run without causing an east coast earthquake
*swim in public without wanting to cry

lessofsarahtolove
09-22-2004, 12:46 AM
:grouphug: Dana....you sweetheart. :)

Samantha2002
09-22-2004, 08:46 AM
OH and I forgot, I also want to get my belly button pierced, depending on how much extra skin I have!

jkfla
09-22-2004, 09:42 AM
funny you should post this because i have been thinking a lot about it and almost posted it last week. LOL

i have been thinking that once i reach goal i'd like to try to go on fear factor. LOL
not to win or anything, just to say i did it.... i can't help but wonder how many WW points are in pig testicles though. LOL

i'd also, like many of you, be able to go swimming without looking like a whale.... be able to wear a bathing suit.
i want to jog again.
learn to dance (thanks apryl! i would LOVE to know how)
go somewhere with my kids and have people think "whoa, that's one hot mama!" LOL
mostly i just want to be happy and healthy!
be able to wear cute clothes again.
be able to dig through my brother's closet and have everything be too big instead of too small.
be able to steal my mom's clothes LOL

oh there's so much! i'll be adding to this some later.

Samantha2002
09-22-2004, 10:20 AM
LOL Shelly - if you go on Atkins before you go to Fear Factor you would be able to eat pig testicles, cow brains, AND fish eyes!! Probably there aren't many carbs in those items.

I also would like to be able to go through my husbands closet and have every thing be too big!

Mommyofone
09-22-2004, 01:31 PM
What a great thread! I want to:

Walk in Victoria's Secret and Fredericks of Hollywood and SHOP!
Wear clothes that other 26 year old women are wearing
Wear cute gym clothes to the gym
Do a raunchy strip/lapdance for my hubby (Sorry if TMI!)
Feel, look, and be healthy
Get pregnant again, and this time actually look pregnant, and not just fat
Say bye-bye to Lane Bryant and the plus size section of The Fashion Bug.
I could go on and on and on!

Annie-Rose
09-22-2004, 01:41 PM
know that I'm a healthy weight for my heart/health
lie on the beach in my swim suit
wear cute underwear
sit on mens knees!

Samantha2002
09-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Especially since you have a new prospect's knee to sit on, huh, Annie-Rose ;)

nelie
09-22-2004, 02:07 PM
I like the "wear cute clothes to the gym". Since I am at the gym quite a bit, I try to look half decent when I go there but I want to be able to wear some cute regular size workout clothes.

Other things..

* Try doing a few sporty things - skiing, bicycling (i've kind of started this one), maybe jogging once in a while, fake rock climbing, hiking (i kind of do this once in a while but nothing too strenous), swimming (I do that now but I want to try some more serious swimming)

* Wear a knee length or shorter skirt - my butt isn't very conducive to skirts currently

* Be comfortable in an airplane seat - I like to travel but the airplane ride isn't quite pleasant currently

* Not feel like I have to apologize to everyone for my weight - I constantly say sorry, but when I first realized it, I asked myself what am i sorry for? I am sorry that I am so big and in your way

tolose85
09-22-2004, 02:41 PM
IF and WHEN I ever get to goal... geesh.. I'm telling you that these past 3 days have been really rough. I can't stop picking.

Anyway, I have thought about getting my bellybutton pierced. I said I would do that when my stomach was flat enough. Well, it's flat enough now but I'm a big chicken!

I want to buy myself a new wardrobe. I am currently working on this... CLOTHES ARE EXPENSIVE!

The biggest thing I WILL DO when I reach goal is keep eating healthy and exercise so that I can maintain what I have worked so hard for.

I already got a new hair style and my nails done and I plan to keep buying new clothes. I'm not necessairily AT goal Yet.. I do have 14 more lbs to go and 24 more to my ultimate goal.

You guys have some great incentive plans out there.. Keep up the great work!

MoveMoveMove
09-22-2004, 05:40 PM
For me, my incentive will be that every time I lose an additioanal 50 pounds and keep it off for a month, I can buy part of a jewelry set. I love london blue topaz - triliant cut. For the first fifty - a ring. 2nd - earrings. 3rd - necklace. And I'm talking about nice sized stones.

Other things:

-buy sexy underwear
-have some "boudoir" pictures made
-buy a sexy little black dress
-ride a Harley motorcycle
-ride a horse (after I stop being afraid to get close to them)
-play at playing tennis
-ride rollercoasters again
-learn to salsa dance

I think that's a good start.

Annie-Rose
09-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Especially since you have a new prospect's knee to sit on, huh, Annie-Rose ;)
You're right there Samantha! :lol:

vibrantecho
09-22-2004, 06:04 PM
This is a GREAT thread. (Hi, I'm Fiona, I've got 91 pounds to goal.) My list is:

*Raid Victoria's Secret! Oh to be able to wear ANYTHING in there again!
*Start horseback riding AGAIN! Maybe even competitively. I have a horse and everything, I'm just to big for her right now!
*New wardrobe. NY&Co/Lerner, Limited, Gap, Express.
*Have more kids....eventually. I'd like to enjoy being skinny for a while - maybe 6 months or a year - before becoming a whale again, lol.
*Amusement park rides, definitely! Took DD (age 4) to Camp Snoopy a few months ago and it was NOT FUN to have the ride operator fully bouncing on the kiddie-sized lap bars to get them to lock!

skylark826
09-23-2004, 11:15 AM
WHEN I reach my goal weight I plan to......

-keep eating healthy and exercise at the gym with my fiance
-buy a beautiful Vera Wang dress and get married
-throughly enjoy my honeymoon without worrying about being too fat on the beach
-resize my engagement ring
-buy a whole new wardrobe of cute clothes from Banana Republic, Gap, Armani Exchange and Club Monaco
-have a baby?????
-buy and wear stilettos to the clubs in Manhatten

My two bestfriends are a size 2/4 and when we go to the clubs in the City they look FABULOUS and I never feel as put together because I am so conscious of my weight. But once I lose this weight....I'm gonna look SOOOOOOOOO good! I know it already! My friends are my biggest motivation and motivators in my journey!

Sick_of_this
09-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Well I thought I would jump in and offer my $.02...

I have a LONG way to go, but maybe writing some of this stuff down will motivate me a little bit...

To be able to wear *regular* sized clothes again and know when I walk into ANY store, everything will fit---even if I wind up not buying anything...

To get checked out by guys again and do some innocent flirting (I'm happily married, but c'mon ladies, ya know it feels good!!)

To go out with my hot, in-shape husband, and instead of thinking that people are wondering "why is he with that FAT chick"...actually KNOWING we make a hot couple!

of course, buying some sexy undies and lingerie, and instead of feeling like I'm putting on a tent made of lace----slinking into something sexy and knowing I look good in it...

Yes, of course going to the beach or swimming in something that looks nice and compliments my figure....****, how about the *dream* of HAVING a figure!!

Going to fairs and carnivals and being confident I will fit in the seats, instead of loitering around the ride, checking out the people who get off to see if there's someone as fat as me getting off so I'll know I can fit...

hopefully, soon, having a child, and being able to do all the things I want to do with him/her...climbing, running, jumping, playing...and being confident I won't pass on bad habits to a child and contribute to them being overweight and unhealthy...

Being able to go to a buffet restaurant (we usually go to Sweet Tomatos) and not worrying about people thinking "she DEFINATELY doesn't need to be at an all-you-can-eat place"

How about painting my toenails without having to hold my breath when I am bending over, and getting winded doing it??? ****, throw in tying shoes too...

ok this may be too personal, but it would be nice to try some *fun* positions with my husband without thinking I am going to crush him or suffocate him or injure him in any way!!!!

It would be nice to have a neck again....oh, and ONE chin....

How about wearing a shirt that I don't feel HAS to cover my butt and stomach?? (C'mon, I'm not foolin anyone!)

Oh, there are a million things, big and small, that I would love to do when I get to my goal weight...this certainly has been inspiring, thanks for starting the thread!

Tara

Samantha2002
09-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Tara - Loved your list!!! How motivating...

Oh and I thought of something else I would like to do - depending on whether or not it is practical at the time in my life:

I would like to WORK in a gym. You know you are skinny if they let you work there LOL.
:tread: :strong:

nelie
09-23-2004, 06:09 PM
I thought it would be nice to work in a gym because then you can workout whenever. Although I'd never do it because I couldn't afford the pay cut, if I could afford it, I think I could do it.

teapotdynamo
09-23-2004, 06:22 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I think once I lose all this weight (cart before the horse, of course ;) ), I'd LOVE to help other obese women lose weight, too. I feel like I've really seen the light about exercise and would love to share it. Of course, I couldn't afford the pay cut, either. If I ever did it, it would surely be a labor of love.

(I have great respect for Mel in the LWL forum, for that same reason!)

p.s. One more thing -- I will dance the jig of a lifetime when my thighs no longer rub together. The left and right ones are a little on the co-dependent side, and I'd love to give them some space!

Samantha2002
09-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Right on, guys!!!
One more thing (I keep coming up with more things!!!) I also would like to be able to CROSS MY LEGS AT THE KNEE!!!!!
:) Sam

LakeGirl
09-23-2004, 11:14 PM
oooh yes! Crossing my legs! And how about sittting on the floor and being to not only get up, but get up gracefully?!

Samantha2002
09-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Have you ever noticed that little dip in skinny womens neck? right above their chest, at the bottom of their neck!! I would love to have one of those!!

jkfla
09-28-2004, 01:16 AM
you guys are starting to crack me up.

this is going to sound mean but here goes. when i lose all this weight i want to break a few hearts and turn men down like what was done to me. LOL get revenge on some poor innocent man i guess. actually i'll just find an a-hole to do that to.
i'd feel bad if i hurt some nice guy.

i'm going to add not having my thighs rub together to my list.... even though when i weighed 125 they still rubbed together... maybe because i was skinny but not IN SHAPE?

SwimGirl
09-28-2004, 02:32 AM
I've been reading everyone's goals and their actual weights.. and I'm confused!! I was just in Seattle doing the shopping thing, and I bought Victoria Secret undies (no bra's, but just because I have the perfect bra) size Large, and they went to XL, I also went to the GAP and bought some things, and I even went to Old Navy and shopped in their non-plus size section, and I weigh 263! I think it's great to make those goals.. but why not start now?? I try and get "sexy" things now.. works for encouragement, and makes me feel better about myself, and when I feel better about myself it's easier for me to want to take care of myself. Does that make sense?

Anyways!! My goals? Dolce & Gabanna! Betsy Johnson, Baby Phat! I'm a brand name wh*re! And of course some nice shoes, and purses.. me likey shopping.. and definitely a nice bathingsuit for my trip to Mexico (which is in March.. eek!), preferably a 2 piece.. I've always worn Speedo's and it would be nice to branch out! :)

skylark826
09-28-2004, 12:21 PM
I totally agree swimgirl! I love to shop also and even though I'm the size that I am at now, I always buy stuff that makes me feel good. I shop at Victoria Secrets for my underwear and I wear a L(large) there. I love the hiper and the thongs. But you are so right, you don't have to wait until you lose weight to go to Victoria Secrets, The Gap or Old Navy.

It also depends on someone's personal style. I'm extremely stylish. When I lose the weight I would love to wear Bebe, BCBG, and Luca Luca.

nelie
09-28-2004, 12:50 PM
I'll have to say I have to buy my sexier stuff at Lane Bryant, even if I am the only one that sees it ;) Although I did notice recently that I have lost enough weight to wear a Victoria Secret Bra, underwear would be a bit of a stretch (literally). Also, I know Old Navy now carries plus sizes online and in some stores, which is interesting but I could probably fit an XXL top there but it isn't one of my goals to shop in Old Navy so... ;)

I can't tell you how happy I am though that I am down to a size 24 pant which means that my pants are no longer limited to Lane Bryant and Avenue. (If you don't know, size 24 is the largest most department stores/non plus size specialty stores carry)

Samantha2002
09-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Maybe it's different where I'm from, and maybe they have changed since the last time I went, but I haven't been able to wear anything from Old Navy in YEARS. I wear a size 22 pant, and the largest I have seen in Old Navy is 18s. I have never shopped in Victoria Secrets.

Fitbabe
09-28-2004, 07:45 PM
My goal is to have a baby and stay under 200 lbs through the whole pregnancy. Bur first, I want to...

Go back to New Zealand and do all the things I was afraid of last time - Bungee jumping, white water rafting, etc.

Have my husband carry me over the threshold of our very first house (we are closing escrow in March - yay - no more renting!).

Wear my bikini in front of my family (I don't know why, but I can wear it on the beach in front of strangers but not at my grandma's pool).

Shock everyone at my 10 yr high school reunion.

Trade clothes with my best friend (size 7/8).

Buy a bra in a D instead of DD.

And so much more....