Support Groups - Five Things You Are Thankful For #3
09-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Today I am Thankful For...
3. It being Monday, just love the beginning of a new week
4. That I haven't killed my DD & DS#2-they keep fighting like 10 yr. olds!
5. For my health, I may be pleasingly plump but I am healthy.
What are you thankful for today?
1) that all of my health tests are over
2) that Katie is cooking supper tonight
3) for Aveeno unscented skin lotion
4) that Fall is officially here this week
5) that my friend Cristi hasn't been arrested for murder yet, lol
09-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Today I am thankful for:
1. I don't have seasonal allergies
2. Pain pills
3. Minute Maid Light Mango Tropical fruit drink - it is deeeeelicious.
4. Only 4 more days to work in the office in this job!
5. The activity center has programs I am interested in
09-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Today I am thankful for:
1. The last of fresh tomatoes from my neighbors.
2. I managed a 2 mile walk.
3. That my hubby loves me just the way I am.
4. I got invited to a craft fair on Sat. and it sounds like fun.
5. My "baby" got started on year #2 of law school.
09-20-2004, 11:53 PM
1. That I got over being sick as a dog this weekend. ( I have never looked so much at the inside of my toilet bowl since I was a kid)
2. That this is my last week of **** job ( however :( since I now have more stress on finding money and surviving)
3. Boyfriends that are sweet and caring when you are sick.
4. Sweet animal companions that understand something bad is going on and try to comfort you and relieve the stress and sick feelings
5. The cold weather coming
09-21-2004, 01:27 PM
1. Getting my letter writing done finally :write:
2. Chicken & rice (tonights dinner) :T
3. DH is feeling better today
4. That I am feeling tons better
5. Sunglasses :cool:
09-22-2004, 12:20 AM
1. New folders and stuff for school. ( I love new stuff and getting it all set up)
2. Cute little witch hats for my kitties for halloween.( should be cute, I will be post them when I take them. tried it on my boy tonight and he sat there frozen. So cute and funny. )
3. HGTV and DIY net
4. cheap coffee ( it cost me 75 cents for a french vanilla cappucino at work, i know it is not the best for me, but working nights sometimes you need a pick me up. LOL )
5. Bandannas to cover up really, really, really bad hair days.
09-22-2004, 02:07 PM
1. For getting a good nights sleep
2. Thongs or flip flops as some call them
3. Lean Cusine & Smart Ones
4. Television (most of my favorite shows are starting this week CSI, Gillmore Girls, Without a Trace, can't think of what else)
5. My house is clean and laundry is done! For a couple of days anyway.
09-22-2004, 02:28 PM
1. My knees not hurting anymore
2. Soreness (because it shows that I worked out good)
3. The rain (I love rainy days!)
4. 3fatchicks.com website
5. not having to work until 5pm
09-23-2004, 03:27 AM
ok, my brain had to really work to think of something to be thankful for, but it cranked someting out. here goes.
1. Fuzzy slippers and comfy pants
2. Buying a medium size pants ( even if it is an because they are sized reallu big, I still feel good about it. )
3. 1.50 movies, ( going to finally go see harry potter, when you are poor cheap is nice)
4. Hansens all natural soda ( is is great tasting, low in salt and sugars and no caffeine and you send in the tabs and 10 cents each goes to breast cancer foundation a big thing with me and my family. My fav is grapefruit)
5. finally finding a lipstick i like. ( I have such a problem since I don't wear lipstick, just chapstick and I hate bold big colors, so I found one that is a light pink, taupe kind of color with a light shimmer. So you know I have it one, but it is very sutle.)
09-23-2004, 10:19 AM
1. Warm blankets. (it's starting to get cold at night)
2. Street lights. (walking the two blocks at night to my car freaks me out!)
3. Books. (really enjoying the story I'm reading on my lunch break!)
4. My husband. (made me dinner again last night....my turn tonight)
5. Grandma's homemade recipes. (I'm making one of her soups tonight)
09-23-2004, 02:48 PM
1. The fun watching my dog eat peanut butter
3. The yard is mowed (hill included!)
4. ER season premiere tonight
5. Having this morning off
09-23-2004, 02:57 PM
1. Caffeine Free Diet coke
2. The early morning rain :rain:
3. Beef Stroganoff tonights dinner
4. This beautiful, cool, fall day. :sunny:
5. Family & friends :grouphug:
09-23-2004, 04:51 PM
This is more than 5 but I was sent a really neat email today that I thought I would share:
I am thankful.........
For the husband who snores all night because he is at home
asleep with me and not with someone else.
For the children who complain about doing dishes, because that
means they are at home and not on the streets.
For the taxes that I pay, because it means that I am employed.
For the mess to clean after a party, because it means, that I
have been surrounded by friends.
For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I
have enough to eat.
For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out
in the sunshine.
For a floor that needs mopping, and windows that need
cleaning,because it means I have a home.
For all the complaining I hear about the government, because
it means that we have freedom of speech.
For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking
lot,because it means I am capable of walking and that I have
been blessed with transportation.
For the noise I have to bear from my neighbors, because it
means that I can hear.
For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have
clothes to wear.
For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day,
because it means I have been capable of working hard.
For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours,
because it means that I am alive.
Sam, what a wonderful, humbling list! Please feel free to jump in at the chit chat thread, ok?
What I'm giving thanks for today:
1) no news (must be good news?) about my pap smear
2) Macy made it through the tests today - results tomorrow
3) new shoe strings
4) fat free frozen yogurt
5) baggies - all kinds - I'm the baggie queen!
09-23-2004, 10:36 PM
Jana - I didn't get your message till too late, I'm afraid. Anyways I don't think that I know how to use the chat rooms, because everytime I log in there, there is noone there. Am I doing it wrong? or am I logging in at the wrong times?
09-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Things I am thankful for:
That my daughter is in remisson from cancer. :cheer:
To wake up each morning.
Feeling my 2 years olds arms wrapped around my neck (best feeling in the world)
To be living in a Free country
For my sanity....I have almost lost it a couple of times
For the gift of realizing you should never take one second for granted with anyone you love.
For my family, friends and God :sunny:
09-24-2004, 01:31 AM
1. The feel of my sweet baby boy cat nuzzling my head ( he loves heads for some reason and loves to bump and play bite and nuzzle)
2. The sight of my sweetie falling asleep in his chair after a rough afternoon of watching t.v. ( It is exhausting doing nothing, don't ya know)
3. Freedom ( america may have it's faults, but at least we are not like Iraq)
4. Quite, nice neighbors ( after you have lived in apartments and bad areas of town, it is nice to have silence and serenity in a neighborhood)
5. Seeing beautiful models or stars look like heffers when they get pregnant bringing them down a notch ( of course they have personal trainers to get them back in shape, but their moment of humility with live forever in print. LOL)
09-24-2004, 02:17 PM
1. Chiclets Strawberry Breeze Gum
2. Bath & Body Works and their expensive lotion that is oh so good! Bought my usual Cucumber & Melon and thought I would try a new one, Juniper Breeze.
3. The song Simple Man originally by Lynyrd Skynyrd and now sung by Shinedown . Man, it takes me to another world hearing that guys voice! :T Well, until I saw the video and saw him. :lol: I could still listen to just that one song all day long over and over and over...
4. Cosmopolitan Magazine
5. My treadmill :tread:
09-24-2004, 03:24 PM
1. Cool breezes and plenty of sunshine!! FALL is here!!
2. Swiffer wet mop!! Love that thing! Gets my floors nice and clean.
3. Photos. Looking back at the times they were taken, brings back so many wonderful memories!!
4. Sweats. Nothing like being comfy in a pair of sweats and wondering around the house.
5. My dogs. They keep me company when I'm all alone....nothing like having a tiny little body snuggle up to you...they just know when you need a "hug"
Today I am thankful
1) that our trip to Dis isn't THIS week!
2) that Neal and Katie cooked Sunday dinner while I visited with my sister.
3) for all my blessings
4) that Neal's BP is under control
5) for control top pantyhose
09-26-2004, 06:53 PM
1. that my job allows sick days
2. a nice warm bed that lets me sleep in on my sick days
3. rainy days to call in sick
4. my husband to cuddle up with on rainy days.
5. that I'm not really sick LOL
09-27-2004, 01:19 PM
1. A sunshiny bright day :sunny:
2. Getting a new car
3. Having such a sweetie pie of a husband :love:
4. Having the ability to love unconditionally
5. FF pudding :T
09-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Marti - Just reading through, noticed you put Swiffer wet mop. You may want to look into that one, I think the cleaning solution has antifreeze in it, very toxic to animals.
Today I am thankful for:
1. Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO, love that show.
2. clean sheets on my bed
3. wonderful fall weather, warm days, cool nights
4. the Animal Emergency Center (after hours vet)
5. that dbf paid for the NFL Sunday Ticket on Direct TV this year, the Miami Dolphins SUCK!
09-27-2004, 11:41 PM
1. Having regular access to the internet so I can check my posts all the time
2. That my husband has a dr appointment tommorrow for his back problem.
3. That we have 2 working computers, so I can use this crappy one, when my hubby is on the good one.
4. That we have 2 working cars, we went so long without 2!!!
5. That I have not yet been laid off of work!
da fat n da furious
09-28-2004, 01:08 AM
I am thankful for:
1. This month I only work 3 days so every second day I can stay up late
2. Having the respect of my fellow actors
3. hanging out with my friends...you guys
4. A dog that won't got to bed untill her Momma (me) goes with her
5. Really good hair wax...that keeps the hold after hours and hours
09-28-2004, 02:02 PM
1. The cool weather-I have been waiting for this. Now if only it will rain!
2. My DH, kids, and doggy, even though they get on my nerves at times. I feel like the luckiest woman alive, very blessed.
3. Having a CD player in my car. I had one that you plug in before and it was a hassle so I usually only used it on long trips.
4. Smart ones ice cream sandwiches. :T
5. For having a roof over my head, food to eat (which I could use less of, LOL), a car to drive and the love of my family and friends.
da fat n da furious
09-28-2004, 09:21 PM
I am thankful for
1. Sunflower/flax bread....yum!
2. The warm weather we are having
3. My day off and I cleaned for a bit then goofed off...*smile
4. Finding a roll of film I thought I lost...
5. Watching Becky's boy play football and win!
09-29-2004, 03:55 PM
1. My health
2. Ocean Water scented candles
3. Downey Fabric softener
4. My house is clean even though I got up late
5. Spending time with DH, which doesn't happen often enough.
09-30-2004, 10:57 AM
1. Oil of Olay
2. DS made it home yesterday just fine
3. Rescue Me (love that show!)
4. Big t-shirts
5. Swiffer duster
09-30-2004, 12:16 PM
Today I am thankful for...
1. the Ellen show
2. getting a bigger paycheck than expected
3. to already have some of my Christmas shopping done
4. for all of the money I save by not eating out all the time
5. my mother
da fat n da furious
09-30-2004, 05:54 PM
I am thankful for,
1. Being so busy I can never say Im bored.
2. Having Tuesdays and Thursdays off this month.
3. Warm clothes, (that look good...lol)
4. My cousin Tanya coming for a visit tomorrow.
5. Finishing the schedule for Fiddler,,,and not many people calling or emailing me to complain!
09-30-2004, 11:40 PM
1. Polite drivers who let you in a crowded traffic jam!
2. Magazines to keep me occupied during breaks.
3. My co-workers who are very patient with all my questions.
4. Morning coffee.....what would I do with out it? (I need to quit using that one)
5. My daughter who always asks how my day was!
1) for chubby-armed DGD hugs
2) for cheap long distance phone rates
3) for cantaloupes from CA (ours in Indiana are gone)
4) that I found a new book light
5) that my washing machine and dryer work fine
10-02-2004, 01:29 PM
1. For the cool fall weather :sunny:
2. My house is clean so I can take it easy today
3. Making a child smile :)
4. Warm jammies
Today I am thankful...
1) that I slept well
2) that I'm usually pain-free
3) for oatmeal with brown sugar
4) for fuzzy socks
5) for Revlon quick-dry nail polish "Spice"
10-06-2004, 03:55 PM
1. The rain-we need it :rain:
2. Finally getting more than 4 hours of sleep in one night!
3. That everyone went to the grand opening of the new Target super store (I'm thinking :dunno: there was no one in Walmart today at 11 which is very odd. It was a miracle but kind of spooky at the same time.
4. My special time with DD
5. That I have a DD :)
10-10-2004, 01:02 AM
1. That my husband is ok after his surgery
2. That my grandma is ok after her surgery
3. That I have friends who want me to go out, even though I can't
4. My kitty cat....he is my best friend in the world
5. That this time it was easier for me to find 5 things that I was happy for.
1) my on-going weight loss. Truly impossible w/o His help.
2) seedless grapes
3) hot coffee
4) the Sunday paper
5) red, gold, orange, and cranberry colored Autumn leaves
10-11-2004, 01:55 PM
1. TOM is over!
2. Clouds-I love it when it is cloudy
3. The pretty pink carnations V brought me last night just because :love:
4. For having a loving DH, and kids-I truly am blessed. I know I list them a lot even though it is a given every day. But some days they make me feel more blessed and thankful with the little things they do.
5. Big sweatshirts
10-12-2004, 12:38 PM
1. Warm clothes-it is cold this morning brrrr!
2. breakfast for dinner
3. sunflower shampoo
4. having a do-it-yourself hubby-saves lots of moola
5. my shoulder and arm not hurting (knock on wood) usually does when the weather gets cold
10-12-2004, 11:07 PM
1. That I got my stitches out.
2. I can really wash and soap my back.
3. That my DH was such a good "nurse" for my back.
4. DH gave me a scratching and rub. :)
5. My sweet DH will walk with me since my friend is gone for 2 weeks.
Can you tell I am glad to have my back "back?'
10-14-2004, 05:02 PM
1. The beautiful fall weather. I am lovin' it! :sunny:
2. Not having anything to do today. :)
3. Getting some much needed sleep/rest.
4. Having a CD burner and making CD's of my favorite songs
5. The upcoming holidays!
da fat n da furious
10-15-2004, 12:18 AM
I am thankful for
1. Making new friends all the time.
2. Brandon feeling good every day
3. Tanner walking off the field not all banged up
4. The beautiful weather we have been having
5. Having a clean office...lol
10-15-2004, 03:48 PM
1. Finding a new crock pot and smoothie maker.
2. Halloween/Fall decorations
3. Getting organized
4. Low-fat frozen yogurt :T
5. Being headache free today, so far :crossed:
10-18-2004, 02:26 PM
1. the beautiful weekend we had :sunny:
2. DH actually having the whole weekend off :love:
3. finally getting our garage organized
4. not getting into the Halloween candy!
5. that the pink carnations DH gave me a week ago Sunday are still alive and looking pretty on my table
1) that our plane didn't crash.
2) for my own bed
3) that I have the JLs to come home to
4) that my dogs are no longer mad at me for leaving
5) for home-cooked food
10-20-2004, 12:39 PM
1. That the stranger who stayed w/ us last night didn't try to kill us (I have a wild imagination!)
2. My husband gets his stitches out today
3. I had the willpower to go to gym class for the third day in a row
4. I have friends to go out w/ last night
5. I don't have a hangover today!
10-21-2004, 04:00 PM
1. DS#2 found a truck last night-now to get it! :crossed:
2. That once DS gets his truck I don't have to have this crazy schedule and less running around. :cp:
3. That my shopping is done till next week :)
4. That the sun finally came out today :sunny:
5. Family and friends, and my doggy :D
1) that I've crossed the 75 pound lost mark
2) for my sister Maggie to talk to every Saturday morning
3) for cantaloupes from California since our Indiana-grown ones are long gone
4) that Cristi is so good about sending cards to everyone
5) for all the Jaded Ladies
10-23-2004, 06:45 PM
STOP!!!!! Do Not post here. See ya there...