Desserts - Pineapple dessert recipes

View Full Version : Pineapple dessert recipes

sparrow
04-26-2001, 05:49 PM
I recently heard of a quick cake recipe with not many calories.I think
it is from the RS diet plan.

Quick Pineapple Cake
1 box of angelfood cake mix(follow directions on box)
1 20 oz. can of pineapples(in their own juice)
Fold pineapples into anglefood mix.
Bake at 350 degrees,for about 30 minutes
Top with cool whip
(I used a loaf pan-but I'm sure any kind is ok)

If you are following WW points,then find out the information on the back of
the cake mix,and on the pineapples.Divide the calories into how many slices
you cut the cake into.

Enjoy!
Lauren

lighter
04-27-2001, 12:48 PM
Let me clarify this recipe:

1 quick mixing Angel Food Cake Mix
1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple

Do Not Add Any Water, just add the crushed pineapple, juice and all and mix in the mixer as the box directs.

Do Not Bake in a Tube Pan. When you invert the pan to cool, the weight of the pineapple will cause your cake to fall on the counter. Believe me, I am telling you from the voice of experience. It wasn't a pretty site.

I bake this in a deep 9 x 13 pan and it comes out great. serves 12 at 3 pts each I top with a dollop of f/f Cool Whip.

Krislee
05-07-2001, 02:40 PM
You can do this same recipe with pie filling - I have used blueberry pie filling (light version if available - helps reduce pts) and it is wonderful.

Jane
05-15-2001, 11:19 PM
I fixed it with lite cherry pie filling... yum! 9x13 cake pan is what I used, too, and no water. Just the pie filling and dry cake mix. How easy is that????

Tina
05-26-2001, 10:51 PM
Here's a great Pineapple Cake

1 Betty Crocker Sweet Rewards yellow cake mix
5 egg whites or egg substitute equivalent
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
1 Tbsp. Sugar

Beat egg whites and add cake mix and can of pineapple w/juice

Put in sprayed and floured 13 x 9 pan. Sprinkle sugar on top.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

servings: 12 points per serving: 4
(The servings are enormous.)

Tina

ltlshtsmom
05-27-2001, 05:29 PM
Tina:

Can you give me the nutritional values for the dry Sweet Rewards Cake Mix? My local stores have quit carrying this and I have several recipes that call for it. Just wondering how much different a regular box is compared to it.

Thanks,
Kare

Tina
05-27-2001, 05:36 PM
Hi,
In my post about the WW Pineapple Cake recipe, it read "servings 12points per serving: 4"
I forgot to put a space between the 12 and points. Someone could have misread it as meaning 12 points. Horrors!!!!! It's only 4 points. :)

Kare, I'll be happy to look up the nutritional infor for you when I get to the grocery store tomorrow.

Tina

Swan_lake
06-08-2001, 11:11 PM
Ok, so I made that pineapple angel food cake recipe, and I'm not so sure it worked for me... The recipe I followed was from one of the other links... I drained the juice, added water to the remaining juice, and then add the crushed pineapples... It was really airy fluffy, the batter kept growing. :lol: So, well, anyway. When I took it out of the oven, I swore it must have fell... :?: Some of it is typical angel food texture.

So, should I've just add the whole can w/juice without the water? This is the firt time I've baked a cake in almost 20 years, and I'm not that old... :^: I'm not giving up on this recipe.. :dizzy:

Maybe I should just follow the regular recipe, but place a few rings at the bottom of the pan? I would love to add lemon grinds to it, instead. :smug:

kt marie
06-10-2001, 09:24 AM
Swan Lake -
Someone mentioned in my meeting that to keep the cake from "falling", after you've cooked it for the prescribed time, turn off the oven & leave the cake in there. Then take it out after it has cooled some & that fixed her problem of the cake falling.

Katie

PS - I grew up in the Twin Cities, but moved to Madison 8 years ago - great to see a fellow "Minnesotan" around here!! :D

LindaBC
06-25-2001, 08:30 PM
I got this at mylast WW meeting. It makes four large servings at 3 points each.

In an 8" square cake pan place 9 whole graham crackers (I used the low fat ones but the recipe doesn't specify)

In a non-reactive bowl, mix
1 - 19 oz can crushed pineapple with juice
1 pkg sugar free Vanilla Pudding

Add 1 cup slightly thawed Light Cool Whip and fold it in.

Pour all over the graham crackers and chill in fridge.

Very easy, large portions and yummy too.

dmarkey
07-02-2001, 10:47 PM
Hi LindaBC,

This does sound good. Can you please tell me what size box of pudding?

Thanks again!

tjsjazzgrl
07-03-2001, 01:59 AM
I actually had a similar recipe given to me at my last meeting too!

One box of angel food cake
One 20 oz can of pineapple
Lite Cool Whip

Mix the angel food cake and entire can of pineapple, including the juice/water. Don't use anything BUT the cake mix and the pineapple (no water, etc).

Frost with cool whip.

3 pts per serving. I think there's 6 servings in a bundt cake.

Enjoy!

Telebubbie
07-06-2001, 07:51 PM
The correct points for the pineapple/angelfood cake is 3 points per servings for 12 servings.

georgiaoma
07-13-2001, 12:55 PM
I don't have the ingredients for this pie, so can't do the point count. Had it at my brother's who is on WW &I think he said 1 slice is 5 pts.

1 reduced fat graham cracker pie crust
1/2 cup Key Lime juice (can use lime juice if Key lime not available)
1 can FF seeetened condensed milk.

Combine juice and milk thouroughly. Pour into pie shell and refrigerate for 3-6 hours. Can also add a dollop of FF Cool Whip.
Easy and very good!

lcshamrock
07-16-2001, 02:53 PM
I just have one question. Are you counting 9 full gramham crackers or it is 9 squares?

Thanks,
Lindac

LindaBC
07-28-2001, 02:05 AM
Sorry I've taken so long to check this out.

The pudding size is for 4 - 1/2 cup servings of sugar free pudding.

The graham wafer size is counting squares. You just cover the bottom of the pan.

Nancy57
08-18-2001, 08:51 AM
Another suggestion:

Instead of using the can of crushed pinepple to the one-step angel food cake mix, try a can of Lucky Leaf sugar-free cherry pie filling (it is made with Splenda).

Just mix the dry cake mix and the pie filling (Don't add any water, etc.). I baked mine in a 9x13 glass pan for about 40-45 minutes at 350. I cut it into 15 servings at 2.5 points each.

Yummy!

(Oh yes, and my cake did "fall" at little as it cooled, so I'll have to try the trick of leaving it in the oven.)

SweetQ
04-13-2002, 04:23 PM
I remember years back there was a recipe that circulated through the WW meetings that was a dessert made from pineapple, I think it had only 2 ingredients and it came out like a pineapple fluff and it was extremely low in points, of course this was before the point system started. Any help would be appreciated. Linda

angel-eyes
08-31-2002, 03:09 PM
Hi SweetQ. I have made a pineapple angel food cake which is quite yummy. You use a box of angel food cake mix and add a can of pineapple in its own juice (15 oz) and then bake. No other ingrediants are needed. Some have tried it and have poor results, I use a 8 x 11 pan. This is 2 pts per large....LARGE piece.

bizeechik
08-31-2002, 06:37 PM
I made squares where you line a 9x13 pan with graham crackers, then mix 1 box light vanilla pudding mix, 1 container fat free (I only use low fat. . . we don't have the fat free) Cool Whip, and a can of crushed pineapple. Pour that on top of the crackers, then let sit overnight in the fridge. The crackers soften up, and I think the points were, like 2 for a 3x3inch piece, or something. It is a DELICIOUS recipe. . very summer and decadent tasting.

Trina

lighter
09-14-2002, 04:07 PM
This is an old W W recipe:

Pineapple Cheesecake

1 pound cottage cheese
large can crushed pineapple
1 1/2 pkg gelatin
1 egg
5 packets sugar substitute
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon juice

Place gelatin in blender. Drain pineapple juice into blender to soften gelatin. Add pineapple plus all other ingredients and blend. Spray a 9" pie pan and pour in. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees, 1/2 hour.

------------

I also remember we use to put buttermilk and cottage cheese and crushed pineapple in the blender and mix and then freeze in single serving containers.

bluesky
10-02-2002, 11:16 AM
That Cheescake recipe sounds good. Do you know how many points are in it.

Thanks

Bindy

lighter
10-02-2002, 12:09 PM
I figured the points using 2% Knutsen Cottage Cheese (the pink container) and 20 oz of pineapple. I used 2 egg whites and Splenda

4 servings = 3 1/2 pts

6 servings = 2 pts

5 servings = 3 pts

The second time I made this I cooked it longer than the recipe stated as the center was real jiggly. It will set up after over night in the refrigerator.

My suggestion would be to disolve the gelatin and the pineapple juice in a small dish before putting it in the blender. Last time I don't think the gelatin fully disolved and I could see little jello pieces. The first time that didn't happen. Others have said they disolve the gelatin before putting it in the blender.

Ann

Mary T8M
10-09-2002, 09:35 AM
Could it just be the dessert that is:
1 can of crushed pineapple in it's own juice, mixed with 2 small (or one large) boxes of sugar free, fat free instant pudding....Vanilla or bananna are my favorites......then fold in 1 tub of fat free cool whip.
:D

momof4girls
11-05-2002, 09:08 AM
Mary T8M:

How many point is that per serving? (what is the serving size?)

Thanks!

momof4girls
11-10-2002, 12:52 PM
Hi, I hope you can help me.

I am looking for a recipe that I tried not too long ago that I picked up at a WW meeting. it was sooooo GOOD! The basic ingredients are:

Can of crushed pineapple
fat free or light cool whip
and I think about 12 graham crackers on the bottom of pan.
a box of ff pudding?

If anyone know what I am talking about and has the actual recipe with the serving size and point value, could you please post it?

Tia!

Angie.

benjudy41
01-23-2004, 09:50 PM
:dizzy: hI
I just made this pudding tonight and it was so goooooood!! I did not have the pineapple so I use light fruit coctail and was great.
SERVES 6
CALORIES 156.5
FAT 1/2
FIBER 1/2
POINTS 3

1-15oz can Crushed Pineapple with the juice
1- 4oz pkg Jell-o sugar free Vanilla Instant pudding
1/4 cup sugar substitute (splenda)
12oz Fat Free Sour Cream
2/3 cup Fat Free Cool Whip
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs

PUREE PINEAPPLE AND JUICE IN A BLENDER UNTIL SMOOTH ADD REST OF INGRED. EXCEPT CRACKER CRUMBS. BLEND UNTIL WELL MIXED.
SPRINKLE HALF OF CRACKER CRUMBS IN THE BOTTOM OF 6 SMALL DISHES
DIVIDE THE PUDDING EVENLY AMONG DISHES
SPRINKLE REMAINING CRACKER CRUMBS ON TOP OF EACH DISH.
COVER AND REFRIGERATE EACH DISH IS A 3 POINT DESSERT

Loosinit
01-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Here's another one ...it's really good, too.

Enjoy!

Pineapple Pie

20 oz. can crushed pineapple
1 large box sugar free, fat free vanilla pudding mix
8 oz. fat free sour cream
1 reduced-fat graham crust

Combine first three ingredients and pour into crust. Chill. Serve with Fat
Free Cool Whip.

8 servings

WW points: 4

angel-eyes
05-05-2004, 01:59 PM
I've made this into squares where you line a 9x13 pan with graham crackers, then mix 1 box light vanilla pudding mix, 1 container fat free Cool Whip, and a can of crushed pineapple. Pour that on top of the crackers.Let sit overnight in the fridge. The crackers soften up, and I think the points were, like 2 for a 3x3inch piece, or something. It is a DELICIOUS light tasting recipe. Love this one!!!.....its a keeper!!

Bobbolink
02-20-2006, 11:45 AM
I was a WW a few years ago and found this recipe up on the board to copy. I made it often because it was so delicious, but lost the original recipe. I put this together from memory and its pretty close to the real one. We didn't have points back then but it's 1-milk 1-Fruit 1 Extra per 1/4 recipe.
Makes 4 servings
Drain juice from 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple into a measuring cup and add water to make one cup of juice. Set the pineapple aside (The pineapple is folded in AFTER the mixture has been whipped)
Mix juice, 1 1/3 cup dry milk, 8-10 splenda packets, 1 teaspoon coconut extract and mix with electric beaters (use whisk beaters if you have them) in LARGE bowl for 1 minute.
In another bowl soften 2 packages unflavored gelatin (Knox) in 1/2 cup cold water. Add 1/2 cup hot water and mix together until gelatin is dissolved.
Pour into the milk mixture and beat until peaks form 5-7 minutes on high speed. It can take twice that long for peaks to form if the bowl and ingredients are too warm. I refrigerate the bowl, beaters and dry milk the day before. This triples in volume, carefully fold in pineapple and put in a 9 x 13" rectangular cake pan.
Keep a cover over this so it doesn't dry out, you can eat a huge piece of this, 1/4 of entire cake pan. I make a large wax paper tent over my mixer so it doesn't splatter in the first stages of beating.
Enjoy............:encore: Bobbi

tmstorm2
04-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm looking for an old recipe where I think you just dumped a 20 oz can of pineapple in a cake mix but i'm not sure what kind of mix and what the points where.:dizzy:

andreaphilip3
04-18-2006, 08:26 PM
ill send this to my aunt....a ww leader and the queen of the recipes.!

Cougarmom
04-18-2006, 08:41 PM
It's a one step angelfood cake mix. If you cut the cake in 12 pieces, I think it is 2 points a piece.

andreaphilip3
04-18-2006, 09:25 PM
does this help? its what my aunt said...

i think you use angel food cake mix and i think it was 3 pts a serving.

angel-eyes
06-06-2006, 05:18 PM
yup....thats it!!! its soooo good.

Ophelia924
06-06-2006, 06:28 PM
If someone could post the whole recipie that would be great. I am not on WW but my favorite cake is pineapple upside down and could use a great alternative. Butter and brownsuger on top of cake is not an option at this point

evierama
06-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Pineapple Dump Cake
Weight Watchers
I think it is only 1 or 2 points per slice.

1 box angel food cake
1 can of crushed pineapple in it's own juice. ( I think the can is like 19 or 20 oz)

combine the angel food cake and the can of pineapple. Mix well..
Place in an angel food cake pan and bake for 1 hour at the temp listed (I think it is 375)

Cook down and I either decorate it with fat free cool whip or pineapple slices with strawberries in the center! Enjoy!

Robinegg
02-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Everyone I have made this for loves it. I cook it in an angel food pan. No one knows that it is good for you!!!!!!!!!!

Mitsu23
07-19-2011, 08:55 PM
I NEED to make one of these recipes now! My mouth is watering

Bobbolink
07-22-2011, 07:06 PM
This sounds delicious! So......you really just dump the pineapple and angel food mix together? No beating the dry egg white mix with water first? How does the cake get fluffy and high?

Jane
07-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Yes, Bobbi, it really is delicious! The juice mixes with the dry ingredients, just like water would, except yummier! I've been making these since 2001, and the family still likes these cakes. Also very good substituting lite cherry pie filling for the pineapple.

Bobbolink
07-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks Jane, I just googled it and posted the whole recipe on Golden Girls. I have the angel food mix and the pineapple, now just have to wait for a day when it's not 104 degrees with the heat index. We have air condition but we're not suppose to turn on any appliance, ovens, etc in the area according to the energy guys.
I can see the pineapple juice foaming up the mix but cherry pie filling? Have you tried that?