Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #84

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #84

gma22
09-20-2004, 08:31 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
09-20-2004, 08:36 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is attitude. Think about it, why all the other times did you quit your weight loss program? Attitude! When you see weight gain or no loss you automatically want to give up, you get frustrated, whatever. If you look at it more as just part of the road you are traveling like a big rock or branch in the road that you can walk around, you will continue on down that road. So, this week girls, when you haven't done something with your program correctly or the scale isn't what you think it should be, don't get discouraged, just walk around it and continue down the path with a smile on your face!

I had 4 pts yesterday!

Later girls

Faye :)

Mirabelly
09-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Morning Ladies!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I was busy busy busy....a wedding and a birthday party on Saturday and 2 football games on Sunday. Both my daughters cheer, but for *different* teams. So, I guess my life revolves around football for the next few months. The little kids are so cute in this game. One team is 3&4th graders and the other is 5th & 6th graders. The younger ones really don't have a clue what they are supposed to do! The coaches are right there ON the field with them. One little boy accidently caught the ball and he just looked at his coach like "now what?" It was hilarious! The coach, his teammates, and everyone on the sidelines were screaming "RUN!!!!!" Kinda like forest gump :lol:

The days are FINALLY starting to get fall like around here. We had our first 2 fires of the season this weekend. The evening temps got down to around 40! I LOVE FALL!! The trees are starting to turn, everything is crisp. It's awesome. :D

I lost track of points over the weekend... I ate well, didn't exercise that much, didn't drink enough water. BUT I did have some kind of major "breakthrough" with myself about this what, 6 month plateau--feels like a year since I really lost any weight. I finally admitted some pretty serious stuff to myself about my past, my goals, my future dreams. Stuff I had been cramming down inside me for YEARS with food. It has been bubbling for a long time, trying to get out....My theory is that the first 50 pounds I lost got me closer to those "things" down inside me than I felt comfortable with. So, subconsciously I didn't want to lose any more weight because then those things might escape. The weight was keeping things inside me under control. I don't know, maybe it's all just psycho-babble. But the more I thought about it this weekend, something inside me just kept saying "yes. Yes!"

So, what do I do now? I guess I just have to keep dealing with things as they bubble up and then let them go. I let a cubic butt-load of things go this weekend! I'm hoping that now that I've dealt with the stuff, I can get on with losing the weight. Because now I know that I don't need the "protective covering" of that last 40 pounds. I can just be myself now. I really really hope this will make things easier now....we'll see, won't we?

Hope I didn't bore you with all that. I needed to write it out, and maybe one of you is having a similar problem and it will help you, too.

Faye, your "date" sounded really fun! I need to get out alone with my hubby more. Actually, we're going to the Common Ground Fair this weekend alone! It's a fair run by the Maine Organic Farmers and Growers Association and it draws tens of thousands of people from all over the country. It's an 1800's style fair, with no electricity, no rides, no caffeine (though you can get coffee from vendors in the parking lot). It's basically a crunchy-granola, dirt lovin', tree-huggin' kinda fair.....not that those are bad things :lol: There's lots of organic produce, music, dance, arts/crafts...all the kinds of things we love and our kids hate! I can't wait!

Sandy--Hope your blues are gone by now. Don't worry about your surgery, I'm sure you'll be fine! And the move is gonna happen whether you stress about it or not, so try not to.

Can't remember the what the rest of you are up to.....so everyone have a :strong: day!

TTFN,
Julie

Satine
09-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Morning Everyone...had a great weekend this weekend, 3 point day on Saturday and a 1 point day yesterday, did eat OP yesterday...had a good weekend, the house officially went on the market on Friday, Sept 17th so now we wait for showings I guess... :lol: Now the hard part of keeping it clean all the time...

I missed way too much over the weekend to do personal replies to all but I do remember some that stuck out...

Oh movies that make me cry...Wuthering Heights, not the first one - the second one made in the 70's, I get so emotional when Cathy is giving birth and then dies...oh it is horrible...cannot really think of another specific one, when I am on my TOM it could be anything !! :lol:

Faye - Sounds like you and dh had a great day, I love those kinds of days, when my dh and I spend the whole day together AND spend money, ha...
32 year?!?!?!? WOW...my dh and I will have 11 years Nov 6th...and believe me that is a feat :lol:

Julie - I got the gift card on Saturday right when I was leaving to go shopping with my Mom, worked out great, thanks!!

Congrats to all who lost weight last week, looking forward to us all doing it this week...it is getting more like Fall weather down here too and it makes me want to get out and walk on the trail, thinking of doing it tonight...talk to you all later!!

gma22
09-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Boy, I don't know what got into me this morning, but wish it would everyday. Got up and did daily chores at 5 am with dh, went for my walk with the dog today (try and take him with about 3 times a week as he sits by the door when he sees me putting my New Balance on in the mornings), came back and had water, finished a Nicholas Sparks boohoo book (but then all of his are that way), got up and did my weights and toning, two loads of laundry, one clothes, one the bed sheets, ate a light breakfast, came upstairs and cleaned the whole upstairs, then remade the bed. Whoooo! I feel really great today! Man, I can see into the hall bath from here and I have a smudge on my mirror so hang on a minute........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ok, I'm back!!!!! :lol: Maybe I am upbeat because I know depression soon to follow. My bd is a week from tomorrow and I turn 51! :eek: :fr: BUT....I can't complain, Jack bought me a really nice Sony digital camera for my bd.

Well, I need to shower and dress and get downstairs and find something to do I guess!

Faye :lol:

Sandybrat
09-20-2004, 11:55 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS....! Had a long and tiring day yesterday... but nice just the same... no exercise yesterday tho... but already took care of that for today... did my yoga nad will do my other life cycle later. My foot is finally alright to do stuff... altho the cuts are starting to heal now and itch like crazy...lol Yes i have to agree with you Julie... I love the fall... always have... its myfavorite season... the crispness in the air... the smells and sounds... and the colors. All of it! I am doing laundry today... its just neverending isnt it...lol then again when my son had to cahnge outfits 3 or 4 times a day... its no wonder... i think i have a fashion plate on my hands...lol
I hope you all have a grantastic day today... rmrmber to take care of u... my love to u all...
Sandy

gma22
09-20-2004, 07:32 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Carri :cp: :flow2:
SandyB :cp:
Faye :bravo:

Everybody have a good evening, dh is waiting for me to get off so he can listen to the Cubs BB game on radio online.

gma22
09-21-2004, 08:50 AM
TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday and our target this week is FAT! Remember that fat is not the enemy, too much fat is. We need fat as part of our diet, but have to control it's intake and the type of fat we take in. Don't skim your program down so closely that you don't include enough fat in your diet!

Check in later ladies, I am off to do chores and get out for my walk.

Satine
09-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Good Morning All ... had a three pointer yesterday...we went to look at this existing home with our realtor and it was really bad...we are thinking that the only way we are going to get what we want is to build a new one...we built our last one new and I think that kind of spoiled us for an older home...got home late and didn't have my usual evening snack so I am hungry this morning, and of course I do not get my break until 9:45!! Now that I know I have got the other job it is soooooooo hard to sit at this one, I so hate it!!!
I am ready to throw my computer this morning...Lord give me strength!! :lol:

Boy not much went on yesterday, huh??

Faye - I try to have some real fat in my diet quite a bit, like I will have a little bit of mayo, some peanuts or nuts, peanut butter, etc...it has never hurt me and it keeps me OP!!

Everyone have a great day!!! Fall is coming !!!!

Cheryn
09-21-2004, 11:51 AM
One point for me Sunday and 2 for yesterday. I am back on track today...no distractions will keep me from it! I am typically the one who gives up after one bad trip to the scale...which I used to take EVERY morning. Now I am only wieghing on on Friday morning. Its hard to keep from taking a peek at my weight everyday but I know that it can vary a lot for me and I dont want to get discouraged and give up this time. Today I am looking for a part time low stress job thats not too boring...well wish me luck on that ;)

Sandybrat
09-21-2004, 12:21 PM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS.... 4 points for yesterday.... i will do my yoga this am after i finish posting here. My youngerst is having a hard time with school... doesnt want to get up... then doestn want to get dressed... then doesnt feel good... or something hurts... I am at a loss as to what to do. He wants me to pick him up from school. So that i will do for now.... i am just confused. Any suggestions would be very helpful... dh and i are trying to NOT make it a big deal but i am frustrated. DH took him to school this morning... because he wouldnt get up and i was too tired to fight with him. And i wanted dh to see what he does every morning.
OK enuf about that... its a beautiful sunny day here today... i wil have to get out and take advantage of it. I hhope everyone is doing well... and that you all have some sunshine today. i will check back later... love to all... remember to take care of u...
Sandy

Mirabelly
09-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Morning Lovelies,
Still morning isn't it? Just a quick pop-in....lots to do today.

I got 4 points yesterday. Gotta find some exercise to fit in today. Will probably go for a walk, it's a beautiful day out.

Sandy, I feel for you about your son and school. I'm lucky my kids like to go to school...though it's always a struggle getting the oldest out of bed. SHe is just a born night owl. Always has been. No matter what time I send her upstairs, she can't get to sleep before 10 or 11! I can remember a period when I was in 5th grade or so where I was the "unpopular" kid and I called my mom to come pick me up almost EVERY day for months. She never complained about it, always came and got me...over time I just got over it. I hope your son will find his way out of whatever is bothering him, too. Hang in there!

Everyone else have a great day!
Julie

gma22
09-21-2004, 01:56 PM
POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:
SandyB :bravo:
Carri :cp:
Cheryn:flow2: :dancer:

Sandyb: WARNING! Unless he has done this all the time he has been in school from 1st grade on, there is something BIG time going on in his life that is making him not want to go to school. You need to find out right away and get it fixed. Could be bullying, trouble with his teacher, someone making fun of him all the time, etc. I know from dead on experience about this one. When I was in 5th grade I was out of school more than in because I didn't want to deal with the school nurse. She harrassed me constantly about being fat though my doctor said that was nonsense (she went by one of those stupid lump all kids together charts) I hated going to school so much I was literally vomiting sick every morning. I had to have pshychological tests etc until someone finally got me to admit the truth. Your little boy is hurting about something and not sharing it so you HAVE to find out what it is and make it right and it is at that school or on the way to school if he walks or rides his bike. This will only get worse. This is not a lazy kid but a scared one.

Carri: House hunting is the pits. You would think it would be fun, but it isn't and it is amazing how many people let their homes stay pig stys even knowing someone is looking at it. Years ago we looked at a house that was beautiful outside and would have been nice inside but they had let their children rip out sockets and tear up walls and color on them etc. Rugs had huge stain it was awful. I told the realtor, she took us to another house like that and she was FIRED! Hope you can find what you want and exactly like you want.

Cheryn: Just pick yourself up and go one. Remember what I said about attitude.

Julie: Your festival sounds sort of like a hippy convention! :lol: Bet there are lots of Vegans at it! :lol:

I need to get me some lunch so I will talk later

Satine
09-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Afternoon Girls - Just checking in after lunch...went to lunch with dh and db
and they wanted chinese, so I tried to be good and I just had the hot and sour soup and a couple of eggrolls..however I did really rack up the points with my WW so I will be having a very light dinner :lol:

Faye - Yes, I cannot believe how people leave things lying around and dirty when they are showing their house, believe me it made me less anal about mine...although mine is usually pretty clean anyhow...I think we are going to build but the place we looked at was 6 months out, so it may be a while.

Sandy - I agree with Faye, you need to check into it further... :)

Cheryn, Julie, Susan, Amanda, Gigglez, etc, etc, have a great day!!

Amanda Panda
09-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Hi Guys,

Things are a bit rubbish for me at the moment - I'm a bit depressed, I'm monged out from increasing my meds and now I've caught some sort of bug! :(

I was unable to go swimming today as I felt so ill - so I'm feeling really fat and sluggish. I've also been comfort eating, so that coupled with the lack of exercise is making me feel crappy. I know I'll be able to get back on track soon - I'm just feeling sorry for myself!

On a more positive note, Nigel and I went to see a debt counsellor and he is going to sort out all our debtors on our behalf and arrange a manageable repayment rate for us. He was really positive and has alot of experience of dealing with these bully banks etc - he also thinks that we may be entitled to additional benefits aswell, so things are looking up! I will be so glad to sort out our debts - we have been oppressed by them for so long - I nearly cried with relief when he said it would be easy to sort them all out!

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-22-2004, 04:08 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What can we help you with?

Amanda: It is really tough to try and stay op etc when bills loom. Finances are one of the most stressful things there is. You hang in there and things will come out right, I just know it!

I will be with dd for most of the day but will pop in when I get home and do pts etc.

I had a 4pt day

friendsforfitness
09-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone!

I had my baby boy! His name is Gage Lloyd and he weighed 8lbs. he was 20 3/4 inches long. He is doing great. Next week will be six weeks post partom (sp?) I plan on getting back on program Monday. I gained 14 pounds during pregnancy and I have lost 21 since he was born, so I am 7 pounds in the positive. I still need to lose 83 pounds to get to my goal weight. My first mini goal is to lose 14 pounds by December 1st, that will put me under the 200 pound mark.

My Wednesday woe is that soon I will be going back to work and have to leave my baby for 10 hours at a time. It is really worrying me. I think I have a touch of Post partom depression too. Other than that all is well here and I hope everyone is doing great!

Lisa

Sandybrat
09-22-2004, 10:12 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS.... LISA!! CONGRATS!!! how wonderful for u... great name as well... Well Faye... as this is kindergarden for him he hasnt done this all the time... but i also know from experience that something is bothering him. So... i have enlisted the help of his big brother and he said he will watch out for him and see whos bothering and picking at him. Sawyer(the kindergardener) told me some kid on the bus bothers him... so hunter is going to keep an eye out and help. I am also going to talk to the teacher today so hopefully we can get this worked out.
I won a 2 week membbership to golds gym... i am going today a t 10am with my friend and we'll check the place out... i know they have yoga and pilates... and a whole womens section so hopefully it will be affordable... if i like it...lol
I was also terrorized in school... in the second and third grade this boy would beat me up regularly... little ****... i ran into him years later...after we had graduated... and laughed my butt off... here i was 5' 10" and he was a whole 5'3" lol need less to say i said to him... its a good thing i forgave you long ago cuase i could sure kick your *** right now...lol the look on his face was priceless... and sooooooo worth it was it mean of me... maybe... but karma is something else!! LOL
I truly appreciate all the advice as well... it hurts me to know that thye are being hurt like that... but i never miss the opportunity to tell then NEVER make fun of someone else... because u know how that feels and it feels awful. Noone likes to be picked on or made fun of. peroid.
On a better note... dh won his unemployment case... yeah!!!! so we have some money coming to us... thank goodness... tomorrow is picture day at school and i have no idea how i am going to pay for them... if i cant maybe i can do it on retake day or something... who knows... i will figure out something tho... i prayed about it last night... and again this morning...so maybe the check will come today...lol... hope springs eternal for me
I hope you all have a fantastic day.. i will check back later and let u know how the golds sym thing went... remember to take care of u... my love to u all...
Sandy

Satine
09-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Morning All ... had a no pointer yesterday, sort of freaked out and ate all night... :( No excuses, just did it.

Lisa - Congrats on the baby!! I really like the name Gage. Great job on the weight too...Good to hear from you.

Amanda - I know how stressful financial situations can be...when dh and I first got married we didnt even have money for a McDonalds hamburger...we were always behind on every bill and of course we had every credit card, creditors called us daily...I cried many, many times...so hang in there - it will get better and it sounds like you are on the right track for getting it all together... :)

Sandy - Won a membership for two weeks? That is nice, then you can get a feel for if you would want to join permanently...have fun!

Faye - Have fun with DD !!!

Have a great day all !!!

Mirabelly
09-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Morning ladies!

4 point day yesterday.......by the skin of my teeth! I so almost blew it by not exercising (again!) but I decided I'd walk around the field where my daughter has cheerleading practice and I ended up walking the whole hour while I was waiting for her. We're close enough that I could have (and almost did) just drive home....I'm so happy I didn't.

I know it's Wed. Woes, but I went and FINALLY got my hair cut and colored today. I've been putting it off for over a year and I just couldn't stand looking at the greyer and greyer me in the mirror any more. So now I'm blonde again and my hair is a manageable length (still long, but not so long it gets caught in the seat belts anymore). I feel so much better about myself! Wish I'd done it sooner.

Amanda--Hang in there honey. We've all been where you are with the debts...at least I have. Raising a family of five on one modest income and no health insurance to speak of, I've got a constant balancing act on my hands. Glad you could get some help. Sometimes it means the world to hear someone say, "it's not so bad. We can sort this out."

Lisa--CONGRATS on the baby and WOW, already on the positive side of the weight loss game!! Great Job!! And welcome back...it will be nice to hear from you again.

Carrie--pick yourself up and keep going. I know you will. Hope you find a house you love soon.

Sandy--how lucky you are to have met your "bully" and been able to say what you think! It must have felt really great. What is it with kids being so mean? It's like common courtesy doesn't exist anymore. Have fun at the gym!

Faye--hope you have a great day with your daughter.

Everyone else, Have a :strong: day!
TTFN,
Julie

gma22
09-22-2004, 03:57 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Lisa: So good to hear from you and know that you and the little one are ok. Congrats to you and your family on the new little boy!

Boy, yesterday kind of stunk for most people, huh? Let's do better today!

Julie: Hoonnnnneeeeeeyyyyy do I know the hair issue. I usually go once a month to get my hair cut and haven't gone for 3 months and I colored every 6 weeks so I had ugly long gray roots hair that when she cut it all I had was gray hair! What used to be just the sides was full on all head gray now. YCK! I am going to be the only 80 year old woman with spiked red hair! :lol: :lol: I refuse to be gray, white I can take that gun metal gray NOOOOOO!

Carri: Today is another day kiddo!

Had a great time with dd again. We shopped, she bought me a cute T-shirt from Old Navy (whoohoo it fit!!!!!) and a book I have been wanting to read (she and her hubby make oodles and oodles of money so she just likes to treat me so who am I to disappoint her? :D ) We had lunch at the wrap place again and talked and talked and made a date to have a girl pamper day at the salon next week and since my bday is Tues we are all going to the movies Friday night (dh and I get to take T and they will go to something else) and they are taking me out to dinner for my birthday wherever I want to go.To have a relationship back with her is beyond happiness for me.

Well, I need to go and get more water into me and dh will be home in a little more than an hour

Take care guys

Faye

Satine
09-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Faye - that is great that you are getting to spend more time with dd and work things out...I keep forgetting that our birthdays are so close...your's is Tuesday and mine is Weds the 29th!! I am trying to totally stay OP for one week and then eat whatever I want just that evening...wish me luck!!'

Later all!!

gigglez
09-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Sorry that I have been MIA for a few days but things have been real busy here. Lisa, I was just thinking about you the other day and thought that it was bout time that you had that wonderful bundle. Congrats!

Woe time....tomorrow morning is surgery. Kinda worried about it but I do know that it is all scare tissue so that shouldn't be so bad.

Check in tomorrow that is ifin I am not too loopy for the meds.

sandy

gigglez
09-23-2004, 05:03 AM
Good morning!

Checking in really quick before I go and work one store before I go to the hospital. Just wanted to say morning to everyone. Have a wonderful day chickes!

sandy

gma22
09-23-2004, 07:12 AM
THURSDAY: today is Time for Us Thursday so make sure and make time for you today!

SandyG: I will be praying for your quick recovery and everything going ok today!

Casrri: Yeah, but I have a LOT of years on you! Birthdays kind of get ugly after 40..... :lol:

later girls

Satine
09-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Morning Everyone...I had a three pointer yesterday...was going to go for a walk but it is still a little hotter here right, high 80's...supposed to really cool off in the next few days.

Sandy - Hope all goes well !!!

Faye - If it gets ugly after the 40th birthday I guess I only have 9 more good years of birthdays huh? Actually I dont like them now :lol: It is odd that I totally freaked out over turning 30 but now 31 does not seem so bad this year...I guess I just had to come to terms with being in "my thirties" ... I cannot wait though, I am trying to figure out where I want to eat that night...
hope you have a great time too !!!

My dh and I are having a hard time not freaking out over this whole stress of selling the house and buying another. We are being mean to eachother and getting crazy over anything. I am going to try to help him cool down by trying to do so myself. I will just be glad when it is all settled. Sorry I forgot about Weds woe yesterday so I am doing it today :)

Talk to you all later, have a great day!!

Sandybrat
09-23-2004, 10:50 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL LADIES.... I completly forgot to post points the last couple days... man o man...lol 4 pointers for me hopefully another today... Faye... what do u mean ugly after 40?? I beg to differ...lol I love getting older... crazy eh?? but the older i get the more comfortable i am in my own skin... and since turning 40 its been very empowering for me... at least thats my take on it...besides... age is a state of mind!LOL
Sandy... my prayers are with u hon... all will go fine i am sure
Yes Julie is was an amazing experience for me to come face to face with my bully... and i understand the whole hair thing...lol I color my own tho... and am trying to find the right color... i like my blonde... but i want it warm and with highlights...lol so i play with it often.
Hubby leaves today for the interview in Kentucky... Hes staying with his parents in Cincinnati... bummer i am not going...lol kidding... i am not on their good list lately...lol not that i have ever been there long anyway... hahahahaahaha ... but thats their cross to bear... not mine. So since hubby will be gone.... we are having a girls night... myslef and 2 of my neighbors... some cocktails, girly movies and pampering stuff... I cant wait.... anyone else wanna come? come on over.. i am of the belief that the more the merrier! Guess i should get going here... i hope u all have a fantastic day... i will check back later... love you all....
Sandy

Mirabelly
09-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Good afternoon everybody..
4 points for me yesterday........woo hoo :D

Sandy, I'll keep you in mind today. Though you're probably already out and in recovery by now. I'm sure everything is fine.

Carrie, it's really important that you and dh understand that it is only the stress that is causing the bickering, etc. Selling and buying a home (especially one you built yourself) is EXTREMELY stressful! Be extra gentle with yourselves. And maybe take yourselves out on a date or something...get away from the house for a while.

Other Sandy, I envy your girl's night....sounds like a blast!

Hey, my son counted to 100 for the first time by himself today! It was so cool!! He started counting just to annoy his sister onthe way to school, but kept going when something clicked in his head and he realised he was up in the 40's and then 50's.....I was so proud of him, he was of himself too.

Ok, Gotta go now. Hope everyone has a great day!
Julie

gma22
09-23-2004, 02:57 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Carri :cp:

Sandy: I guess when I said ugly I didn't express myself well. :foot: I didn't mean physically ugly, but you DO begin to have physical limitations, menopause (whoo boy enough about that one) etc. Besides, I have an OLD MIND too and it is shot to you know what! :lol:

Carri: Good grief girl, you are only a month older than my SON! :faint: :cry: :eek:! He is gorgeous so I know you have to be too! It is the very BEST age I think. Not too old to have physical stuff set in yet and not too young to be a DOPE!

Got the car fixed. These people are peachy. It is the same place I had the body work done. The general manager (whose name is Pernell if you can believe it) gave me a discount on the part ($40 discount) then I went to do a couple errands and my engine light came back on and I took it right back only to discover the sensor that connects to the egr valve was bad too and they not only gave me the part at cost they fixed it for NOTHING! Isn't that cool? I told him I was sorry to be such a pain in the behind and he hugged me and said we were great customers and he wanted us to keep coming back. BTW, this guy is HOT looking! :lol: Probably 40ish and has a smile that makes you willing to drop your clothes right there! :o :s: :love:

Gotta go girls! **Sandy, guess you could say I have an old, DIRTY mind**

Faye ;)

Satine
09-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Faye - you are crazy!!!! :lol: But that is what I like about you !!!
I have known men like that !! :lol: :lol:

Amanda Panda
09-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Hello!

Well I'm pleased to report that I am back on track and I dragged my sorry *** down to the pool today! It has been a week since I last went, and although I found the swimming pleasurable - the walk home was a killer! It has made me realise how out of shape I am - I really want to lose this weight for good!

LISA - May I say 'Welcome to the world Gage!' - congratulations to you sweetie! I can't believe you have finished your pregnancy weighing less than when you started - that is amazing. I'm sorry that you are already thinking of going back to work - that must be so hard. I know that if it is at all possible I will be a SAHM, or failing that work part time.

CARRI - I agree with Julie - moving home is very stressful, so there is bound to be tension. You are right to try to keep yourself in check, and HOPE that your hubby follows your good example!

JULIE - I'm glad you have had the opportunity to pamper yourself with a haircut and colour - you deserve it! Having a decent haircut is a great mood lifter, and can take years off you. I bet you look great!

FAYE - I'm glad you have been able to spend some quality time with your dd - I hope your relationship continues to be healed.

SANDY G - You are in my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope everything goes well.

SANDY B - Enjoy your girls night - it sounds like fun!

Love Amanda x

gigglez
09-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Evening everyone I think.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Right now I am groogy and a little sore. I know that I will feel better in time. I was just checking in and am hoping to feel better in the morning so that I can catch up.

sandy

gma22
09-24-2004, 07:43 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. What did we lose this week, girls?

I will check in later.

gigglez
09-24-2004, 08:44 AM
Morning.

No losses this week to report. I guess that I am thankful for no gain either. Sandy, I am envious of your girls night, wish that I could get to do something like that. Amanda, just remember that slow and steady. I know what you mean by realizing how out of shape you are. I have been feeling that way for some time and am slowly getting there. Julie, cut/color you go girl. It is truly a pure mood lifter in my eyes as well. While in the hospital yesterday I noticed a nurse that had a wonderful color and her's was color weaved. Think that I am going to try that soon as a reward that is when I make it....haven't set reward levels for myself yet. But will soon. Carrie, I know bout the stress that you are under and by all means try not to let it get to either of you. Stress does so much harm in our lives that at times we don't even realize it. While I was reading that a little stress was good for you but this is one of those things that too much of a good thing is harmful. Faye, I am so happy that you and your dd had a wonderful time together and here's hoping for many more of them to come. I know that this isn't Wed but I have a woe that I need to get off of my chest so please indulge me in this. Last night I called Richard to let him know about me taking him somewhere this morning(provided that I felt up to it), well when I called I got accused of calling some woman that was there a *****, whore, and slut. All of which I didn't do. I just asked to speak to Richard. So I ended up telling him that if he had any respect he would put an end to the haressment(sp) that I was getting. For some reason I have a hard time dealing with someone threating to kill me and talking to he awfully when I have done nothing wrong. So basically I have decided to get him to the test he has to take today and then no matter how much that I love him I am washing my hands clean of him seeing how I don't need that type of interaction with ppl. Sorry to go on but this is one of those things that I have to get out to get rid of. I am trying my best not to get stressed and stay stressed so I am speaking my mind to help keep the stress down. Going to go talk to everyone later.

sandy

Mirabelly
09-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Morning ladies,
1 point for water yesterday. I made dh some shrimp fettucine and ate way too much of it. Though I did try to put more veggies on my plate than pasta or shrimp. I didn't get any exercise in, though :(

Sandy, glad you came through the surgery well. Hope you're feeling up to your old self soon. SHeesh, I would run, not walk, away from people who treat you like Richard's friends did. Threatened to kill you??? It used to be people would say things like "I'm gonna kill you" and you didn't think anything of it. But nowadays, you gotta seriously think whether they really mean it or not. I don't blame you for wanting to get away, and it will be good for you in the long run. If he still wants to be part of your life, he can come to you!

Faye, glad the car is finally fixed!

Can't wait to see everyone's losses. I've gained a couple of pounds over the past 2 weeks, but I'm not really weighing myself much...trying to distract myself from the scale and just focus on how I feel. Dh is back on the weight loss wagon, so it makes it easier for me too. Will take a nice long walk today and do a pilates video.

Everyone have a faboo day!
TTFN,
Julie

Satine
09-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Morning everyone...hope you all are good, got a three pointer yesterday. I am down 1 pound this week to 187...wanted to be at 185 by Sept 30th but I dont know if that is going to happen, that is 2 pounds in 6 days, maybe if I exercised my butt off and just lived on water, just kidding :lol: It will come when it comes...TOM is next week so I do not hold out much hope for weight loss or my b-day!! Why on Earth would I get my TOM on my b-day...oh well
:) :) :)

Sandy - That is horrible, you have enough going on without having to worry about someone harrassing you!! Do not take that...you are right to just walk away even though it will hurt...I can't imagine anyone who cares for you letting another treat you that way...

Julie - It always helps so much when your husband is doing the "diet" thing with you...my dh was doing it for a while and is now just eating whatever, whenever...it is sometimes so hard for me and often that is why I would cheat...it is too hard to watch someone eat Oreo's while you eat dry low fat wheat thins...am I right?? :D Good luck!!

Amanda - Great to hear that you are back on track, great job!!!!

Susan - Where are ya??

Cheryn - HI !!!

Everyone have a great day!!! Check in later...

Sandybrat
09-24-2004, 10:19 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL LADIES!!! Faye... is there any other kind of mind to have?? and truly enjoy??? LMAO!! I know what u meant about the ugly... but ... beauty is in the eye of the beholder...lol right?? U crack me up dear... Yes the girls night should be a blast... even the kidlets are looking forward to it. No loss to report today... i really need to get back on my south beach plan... only points for h2o and exercise yesterday. Altho... on a birhgter note... my neighbor and weight loss partner and i are going back on the south beach together... we even have a weigh in and check our measurments... so i am looking forward to it. I dont like the tiredness i get from the carbs... well the noncomplex carbs i should correct. Its a bit chilly here today... and rather deary... but it smells and feels like fall... and that i love. I will check back in later ladies... have a fantastic day and remember to take care of u... love u all
Sandy

gigglez
09-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone. I really needed to know that I am not the only one who thinks like I am on this matter. Sandy, I know that you will do great on the southbeach good lucky to you. Gonna go and get some sleep talk to everyone later.

gma22
09-24-2004, 12:57 PM
POINTS AND LOSSES:

Julie :flow2:
Carri :goodscale

SandyB: Here is my advice and you know me, always willing to shoot off my mouth. I would go to Richard and say, " Listen, I could care less who you hang out with anymore, who your friends are, women or otherwise and I could also care less what some *itchy woman thinks of me, but I absolutely will not allow Corey to be subjected to hearing stuff said about his mother. If you cannot control people who are your friends, then you can visit Corey in my home and only my home with me being there. Otherwise, your butt goes back to court and we will see what a judge thinks about him possibly being exposed to that." The thing is, this person whomever she is, is dead on jealous of you or she wouldn't have put up such a fuss, which means she WOULDN'T keep her mouth shut around Corey and in fact probably WOULD shoot her mouth off just to be hurtful to you, knowing it is the person you would most want to protect. As for YOU! Honey you are a gorgeous, vibrant, adorable human being and she is probably zitty and crosseyed! (Please forgive me, all you folks out there with acne and eye problems!)

Have a great day girls. I need to get weights and toning done UGH!

friendsforfitness
09-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks everyone for all the congrats and kudos! Now we need your prayers, hurricane Jeanne is looking like she is headed straight for our town. uggg this is the 4th one in 6 weeks we are exhausted, financially ,physically and emotionally. I've been super busy, making ice, doing laundry, gathering flashlights,candles, radio,ect. Cleaning like mad, after the last one we were without power for a week and a half. We are on a well, so no power, no water even. Luckily we have a genertor for this one though. You probably won't hear from me for a week or two depending on the power and clean up. Our house is all boarded up and I am praying we will be fine. We are not evacuating this time. Last time we did and a 10 hour trip to Dalton Georgia took us 20 hours with a newborn, hubby, me and son and NO AIR CONDITIONING!!! Wish us luck, and if I get a minute I'll try to check back in tomorrow. She's supposed to hit around 8am Sunday Morning.
Take care,
Lisa

Scuzin
09-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Hey Hey
Sorry I've been away for a while, I've been holding reletively steady and am proud to report that I worked out in the gym this morning. It will be easier to get exercise in now even if I don't want to because I no longer have a car...long story...so that means I will be riding my bike around town. Now that I'm back in my apartment full time my meals are alot healthier too. I always lose weight fall term no matter what I do it seems so I'm looking forward to it.

Huge congrats on the baby lisa!!! and wishing you well with the weather, I have a lot of family in Florida too.

Hope everyone else is well.

gigglez
09-24-2004, 11:04 PM
Lisa good luck with the move and I am praying that this storm will not make landfall there. I feel that the state of FLA has had more than its share of awful weather.

Faye, I have told Richard that if he wants to talk to me he knows where to find me. As to the annoying person I was told that this was a relative of one of his firends, Josh and she was visiting him, but I really don't care cause in my mind they need to really get a life. As for Corey Richard was only a step father. Corey's father is no longer in our life I divorced him many years ago when he thought that he would get physically destructive wasn't going to take a chance on that. I told Richard that if he really cared for and respected me the way he says he does then he would have put that little bitty in her place. According to him she was drunk and he wasn't going to fight with a 21 yr old girl. My words were get real. 21 isn't a girl. Needless to say I chewed him a new ahole. I have developed the attitude I really don't care what others think that I am as long as I am true to me and I know myself. After all I am the one that has to answer to Lord in the end. Awfully funny when you chew them out and tell then how it is they tend to call you more and more and of course caller id helps so when you don't answer the call they get upset. When I finally took a call from him I told him that I wasn't feeling like talking.

OK went on long enough. I guess that I got points in for exercise after all I got up and stirred around today so seeing how this is the day after surgery it is consider exercise. Water great, food oh well! Had to take some pain pills today and as a result needed to eat more than I mornally would to keep the stomach at bay. One of my girlfriends has got it in her mind to take me and have my hair colored for me tomorrow so I will see I know that she can't afford it and I have been trying to tell her nicely that while I appericate it I know that she can't afford to do so. I pray that she will change her mind tomorrow. I hate to see ppl spend what they can't afford to(pet pevee). Getting tired still a little weak so off to the couch for me. Take care everyone. Lisa xtra prayers for you and your family.

hugs and sunshine to everyone
sandy

gma22
09-25-2004, 07:57 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What do you have to share?

My sunny thought is this, for those of us who this week had a bad one, next week will be better. If your love life stinks, remember that God has someone for you that is perfect, just ask him. If your employment is lousy, CHANGE IT! Best of all remember that though you all ARE VERY beautiful on the outside, your inside beauty makes you who you really are!

Amanda Panda
09-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi lovely ladies,

Thanks for the sunny thought today Faye - I really needed it!

I got 4 points on Thursday, but only 2 points yesterday.

I weighed myself yesterday and the scales said i have put on 5lb in 1 week!! :yikes: Is that even possible??????? It has left me feeling so depressed - I just feel so helpless and wonder if I'm ever going to succeed at losing weight. I know my big problem is emotional and comfort eating - food is the one thing that gives me pleasure, and as i am often depressed and my personal circumstances are not good at the moment, I am turning to food and finding it hard to stay disciplined for any real length of time. I am going to look into going into counselling again - particularly to look at how I overeat as a substitute for comfort, love or whatever. I am stuck in this viscious cycle of depression, overeating and obesity and I seriously need to get out of it.

One good thing is that I've finally got the exercise part sorted - I love swimming and it doesn't feel like a chore (well only sometimes!) - I just really need help with my relationship with food.

Sorry to bring you all down on Sunny thoughts Saturday! :(

Love Amanda x

Sandybrat
09-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Faye... thanks for the sunny thoughts today.. i needed to hear them as well... so thank you. I am in the midst of some issues with my hubby... and am wondering just how to talk to him about it. I want a divorce. I deserve someone in my life who will show me respect by communicating his thoughts and desires to me as well as everyday communication. His job interview went well in Kentucky... they will be contacting him next week with their offer. And i know him well enuf to know he wants this like no other job offer ever... its just what hes always wanted to do... its with the Appalachian Research and Defence fund of Kentucky... helping people... the very reason he went to law school and became a lawyer. And back to divorce... he deserves someone who loves him as more than a friend or buddy. He deserves to have passion in his everyday life as well as i do. I have debated whether or not to write any of this down for you all... guess i am scared of what u will think of me... So here goes the rest... I have met someone esle and am in love with him. He treats me very well and talks to me and listens to me... knows me better than i know myself at times. I have known him for about a year and the longer i know him the more in love i fall and know that hes who i wantto be with... hes my soulmate.
On to other things...(akward silence ... lol) 4 points yesterday... considering i was so angry at hubby i took it out with exercise instead of eating... i am proud of myself for that. My prayers are with u Lisa.. i hope the storm decides to pass without damage... i agree with Sandy... Florida has had enuf. Amanda... today is a new day... start over... thats the beauty of a day being 24 hours... every 24 you get a new chance to begin. KEep the faith in yourself that we all have in you and you can achieve anything honey. Faye... you r such a wise and fabulous woman... ienvy the passion you have with your husband still... its so refreshing to hear... and i also like how your mind works...lol dirty and otherwise...lol
I hope you all have a great day... my suny thought for today.. I feel soo much better having written all this out for you all... i came to the conclusion that you are all my friends and thats what friends are for.... to talk to and to listen to u... Thank You all for listening.
Love to you all....
Sandy

mscat816
09-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Hi Lovelies - Just a quick note to say I have been busy and lost track of posts in the middle of the week. Have to go shopping this a.m. - having a Landmark intro at my house this afternoon - then I am off to take dd shopping for her 14th bd. Will check in later and give u my personal attention.

Back on focus starting Friday - renewed my commitment and developed plan that I can live with considering my hectic schedule. The new plan involves an action plan to get my water and daily exercise in and a minimum lbs down goal for each week. I stay on plan pretty well most days. So I am happy to report as of yesterday I was down 3 lbs since last week - even though they are repeat lbs. No more yo- yoing for me! 227 is my new high weight and I am not going to go above it again! ;) Got more hope when I was down to 226 this a.m. although I know that life happens and there is no guarantee that will hold all day or even for the weekend. However my 227 held all day yesterday - so who knows what today will bring. All I know is I am inspired.

Have a great day - mscat :wave:

239/226/140

KimmyAnn47
09-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Hello Lovelies!
Just coming in to say hello. My last post was in April. Last February I joined Overeaters Anonymous after battling to get back on a diet and failing miserably. I was becoming increasing more frustrated and depressed. I am happy to report that I am still attending OA meetings and have lost a little weight but not much. About a pound a month or so. I am so glad to see that this group is still going strong. At first I couldn't find it and that made me so sad! Congratulations and great job for everyone making a statement to themselves about how much they love themselves by doing something good for their health. WTG!

Nice to see you all, thanks for being here,
Kim

Amanda Panda
09-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Sandy B - I just want to say that none of us are in a position to judge you or your marriage. I'm sorry that your marriage is ending - it will be a difficult time for you and your family. I think you need to be honest with your husband and tell him you want a divorce - he deserves to know where he stands.

Good luck - we still love you!

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-25-2004, 05:36 PM
POINTS POINTS:

Amanda :bravo: :dancer:
Faye :dancer:

Amanda: To get on top of this, you MUST replace the eating with something else. It has got to be a conscious effort on your part that when you are feeling depressed, emotional etc that instead of picking up food you must do something else. I know it is easier said than done, but if you break the cycle, the easier it becomes the next time.

SandyB: Your husband does deserve to know how you feel. You need to sit down and talk with him. Blame has no place here, yours or his. You just need to work it out between you WITHOUT ANY ANGER. When you can do that and basically wish each other well, then if you feel divorce is the only alternative then so be it. As for this other gentlemen, don't muddy the waters right now until you solve your marriage problems. Being with someone else when you are still married only makes things worse and promotes guilt.

Gotta go, just wanted to check in.

Welcome back Kimmy

gigglez
09-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Evening.

Dang, have I missed alot. Where to begin.

Sandy, Amanda is right none of us have any right to judge. I am a firm believer that you have to do what is going to make you truly happy in life. If you are certain beyond a shadow of a doubt then tell your hubby and do what you need to do. Whatever you do remember that I am here for you and I support you in whatever you decide to do.

Amanda, Sandy and Faye are both right. It sounds like you really need to go to consouling(sp) and work things thru. I know it is easier than it sounds. But honey look at it this way we all are here for you and ready to support you.

Mscat, sounds as if you are getting right on top of things. Keep it up.

Well, everyone was talking about getting a cut and color and belive it or not I got mine done today. My girlfriend took me to the beauty shop and had my hair colored and cut, then she took Corey and I out to eat tonight. I tried to keep her from doing so seeing how I know that money is tight but she insisted saying that she was giving me this "gift" for all that I do for her and her son. I appericated it so much that it brings tears to my eyes. I felt truly pampered today and it was great. Gonna get time to get some rest

later
sandy

gma22
09-26-2004, 07:24 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our poll this week is:

What is your favorite thing to do to pamper yourself?

SandyB: I think that SandyB knows that not one lady judges her here. We all love her and want what is the very best for her. IF that is not the case, then know that I will not let anyone judge you here so this would be a safe haven for you to come to like everyone else.

SandyG: There is absolutely nothing like good friends. It is terrific that you seem to have a wonderful one! I do too and I even get to take him to bed with me! :lol:

For me pampering doesn't involve my body because I tend to kind of make those things routine like hair cuts and color, manicures, etc. So with that being said, I would say BUYING something like shoes or handbags, especially handbags or BOOKS! I love books and how could that be bad, right?

Later girls

Mirabelly
09-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Morning everyone,
My golly I'm gone for a couple days, and all heck breaks loose! :lol: Not really....just life, right?

SandyB--I've been wondering about you and your dh for some time because I remember you having a rough time with him last year...not sure how long ago it was. None of us is here to judge you, all you can do is what makes you happy. The important thing is to be SURE....I think Faye is right about a clean break without another person complicating things. (I kinda know about this first hand...my dh had to get a divorce to marry me) Just be true to yourself and don't drag it on needlessly. You'll just be miserable. Remember we all love you here and you can talk to us whenever you need to.

Amanda--HONEY! :grouphug: You are NOT the only one having problems "getting it all together" lately. I'm in the same boat. Back at the beginning of the month I set a goal to be under 200 by Oct. 1st. Well, I'll be lucky if I don't weigh MORE :( You just keep plugging away at it....Faye is right, there has to be something you can replace the eating with. Reading a book, taking a stroll, phoning a friend. Something that gets your MIND active...watching tv won't work, it's anesthetizing and makes me sleepwalk right to the fridge! Hang in there, counselors can only help you. And remember you're not alone

Faye, my favorite pampering thing is also to buy books. I've gotten back into the habit of reading every night before bed, since it's the only time I really have to myself. Keeps me away from the tv. I've been looking around at my growing collection of books that I'll probably only read once...I'm going to make it a point in October to go to a library...I haven't been to one since college.

SandyG--I bet you look MAHVELOUS, DAHLING! Glad you had a fun day out with the girls...

Susan, MsCat, Carrie, everyone else...........Hope you are all having a great weekend! :p

TTFN,
Julie

Amanda Panda
09-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Hi gals,

Thanks to you all for your kind words, they really helped!

I am no stranger to counselling, and I think it could help me - I've been given some numbers of free counsellors, so I'll see if anyone is available, but I'll probably have to go on a waiting list.

You know I said that I've put on 5lb in one week? well I've been thinking about this and it just doesn't make sense. As I said before, I don't think it's even POSSIBLE to put on 5lb in one week! I did go off track a bit, but it wasn't like a 5 day binge fest or anything! So I realised that this weight gain has coincided with me increasing my anti depressants - so I bet that they are to blame. Since I've increased my dose, I've felt awful - really drowsy and heavy. AND they haven't made me feel any better at all - just worse! So I'm cutting the dose back down, and I'm thinking of reducing them more over time. I think they have played a part in my weight gain (and my doctor agrees) and they certainly make it harder for the weight to come off - which makes me feel MORE depressed, so I am stuck in a viscious cycle.

I think maybe counselling and diet and exercise will make me happier in the long run, but I won't rush into anything.

SILLY POLL - We have a shop here called 'Lush' - do you have it in the US? It sells gorgeous handmade toiletries, full of essential oils and free from preservatives etc - they are not cheap, and you can end up spending a fortune in there! When I was working, I used to buy loads of stuff there - but now it is a rare treat! To pamper myself, I would have a lovely long bath with some bath ballistics in it,and loads of bubbles,I'd use thier 'buffy the backside slayer' body exfoliater, which is full of cocoa butter and leaves my skin soft and silky, and then use a Lush facemask, which always really sorts my skin out. A haircut is also a nice treat these days - I'm getting mine cut tomorrow! Yay - I can't wait as my hair looks so awful at the moment, it's been really getting me down.

Do you girls think that as well as sharing the same TOM cycles, we are now sharing the same haircut cycles? :lol:

Love Amanda x

gigglez
09-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Evening everyone.

Amanda, you could be right about TOM but that is one thing that I don't have to worry about. LOL! I'm a lucky dog!

Not too much to report here today. I am not keeping points til I am healed up enough to exercise. I am going to try to take it slow and easy at first don't want to make any trouble for myself. As for the poll to pamper myself I am going to say a nice backrub by a sexy man of course. LOL! A girl can wish can't she? Time to get off here and get ready for bed talk to everyone later.

hugs

gma22
09-27-2004, 08:08 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #85