South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 04:22 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Monday Chick Chat

Morning chicks it is 5:15 I am sitting here at the puter with my box of kleenex and a bottle of dristan nasal spray wishing that I could breath well enough to go back to bed and thinking why bother I just have to get back up in an hour. Dh gave me his cold and I feel crappy. Enough whinning about that. I have a fun filled week-end, we had a fun party sat night. And a relaxing Sunday which I rested most of. I have decided it is time to get my @$$ back on track, I am feeling plain fat lately and feeling a wee bit sorry for myself so it is the perfect time to jump back on the wagon.

I am going to go sit in my recliner with a blanket and see if I can warm up any... I am now getting chills. I even broke down and put my heat on I will pop back in later to see how everyone is doing. Have a great Monday morning.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:37 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Little Chick-- Sorry you're feeling crappy. Take care of yourself. A nice steamy shower might help open up those sinuses. You could also try sniffing some warmed saline.

It's a crisp 57*F here in Atlanta. Had a pretty relaxing day yesterday. DH decided he "had" to have Mexican food for lunch. Aside from indulging in some chips and salsa, I did very well. I had huevos rancheros (eggs with salsa and about 1T of refried beans). I'm still recovering from the spider bites. I was running a fever most of yesterday. Can't figure out what the deal is. After 2 full days on the meds you'd think I would be just dandy.

Well, time to hit the shower and get some breakfast and lunch made.

I'll pop back in a bit.

Ok, I popped back in and nobody else has shown up...so you must all be sleepyheads today. Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

Last edited by Mamacita; 09-20-2004 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:53 AM   #3  
cac

Good morning all,

Little Chick- Can you give the cold back to him?

Mamacita- Sounds like you did well. Did Ivan effect you at all?

I am doing well. I joined a bigginers running program on Sunday. Even though I have already started running I don't run fast and I am afraid wthout support I will quit in the winter. I am gald I joined of the 40 people there are a dozen just like me- though faster. It meets twice a week until the first weekend in Dec. The last "clas" is a 10K race in central Park. I should be a runner by the end of this!

cac
Old 09-20-2004, 07:57 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Litle Chick and Mamacita.

Little Chick, I feel so badly for you. You sound just miserable in your post. And Mamacita is still running a fever! We need to set up a sickbay here on The Beach with warm blankies, good hot and cold drinks and an assortment of cabana boys.

It's cold here again so I snuck the furnace on for a bit this morning. Hersh went into her wading pool and came in soaked to lean against my legs and drench my robe. Brrr! I think I'll close the pool today! Today is a no-Gail day (she has an appointment) so I may do a bit of vacuuming and dusting just to keep my hand in. Harry has a dental appointment this afternoon and that just about takes care of my exciting day!

Darn weight is still the same so my hopes are fading for a 4 pound loss this month! 20 days at the same weight! Something has to give someday!

Harry is stirring and I need to run his bath so I'll be back later.

to the rest of the Chicks trailing in.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:59 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We were posting together, cac. Wow! I'm very impressed by anyone who runs!
Old 09-20-2004, 08:48 AM   #6  

Hi All,

CAC, how great to have a goal to work towards.

Ruth, hang in there. I find that I lose a pound, regain 2 and hold onto them for a few days (sentimental reasons? lol!) before losing them again and holding at the original loss. It may have something to do with bm's or salt. Not sure, and tom is totally messed up so I never know when that is a factor. Don't be discouraged. It'll happen!

Little chick, how awful to feel so sick. I can hear it in your posting - "My dose is runniG" - poor thing. Hope you feel better soon.

Mamacita, those huervos rancheros sound like a wonderful breakfast. I'm going to try them tomorrow. Do you put the refried beans into them, or on the side?

I've had a pretty good weekend in spite of having dinner guests on Saturday. I only erred with extra sugar-free ice cream. I discovered a wonderful new recipe using Daikon (white) radish that makes a credible substitute for a thick cheese sauce. I'll post it in recipes later. Also made the Viet Thai salad which is always a hit.

Our high speed modem has crashed, so I'm on dial-up (spoiled, I know) for a few days until the replacement arrives. It'll cramp my style for sure lol!

Have a great day everybody here and to come.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:10 AM   #7  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning ladies! I am back in town again and luckily was able to stay OP again!! Last night's event was a huge yummy salad bar, so there wa a ton we could eat!

Little -- Sorry to hear about your cold!

Mama -- Chips and salsa are my biggest weakness as well! Luckily, we havn'e gone out for Mexican in the past two weeks, so I haven't had to worry!

Ruth -- You're right, something has to give soon!!

Cac -- Good luck with the running! I would love to get there someday!

Well, I am in town for ONE night!! And then I leave for Chicago tomorrow night. Tomorrow is also the end of my second week. I am considering sticking with phase one, though, for one more week. Then next week I'll be back in town for good (at least for a while) and will be able to shop and cook appropriately for the transition. DH is on board with that as well. I think one more week for detoxing won't be bad. : )

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!

Lauren
Old 09-20-2004, 09:15 AM   #8  

Godd Morning to all.
Well I have DD1 at school and DD2 eating brreakfast before Spanish School. We had a good weekend. Went to Octoberfset Fridaynight. I got a little OP since they had nothing I could eat so I just ate a piece of sausage and 3 bites of HELMETS aple studel It is soo good!! But I did walk alot that night and pushed my girls in their stroller so hopefully I worked off the damage.

Well My friend is doing pretty well. I took dinner to them lastnight and am trying to get more dinners for them every couple of nights. They moved alot of stuff out and are trying to see what is salvagable.
I just can't imagine what that is like!!
Today I volunteer at my DD1 scholl and then it is back home to do lundayr! Don't you all want to be me:laugh: !!

Little Chick- So sorry you are felling stuffed up. Try using some vapor bath like the ones you use for babies. That always helps me open up.
Mama- I can't believe those darn bite. I missed it What kind of spiders were they that can make you so sick?
Cac- You go Girl I cannot run but I did walk twice last week and intend to do it this week too!
Ruth- Hope you have a good day! Keep those momies happy::
Heidi- The salad sounds good. I think I will have to try that. Good for you at the Mexican resturant. Althought I cannot stop at a couple of chips. The basket would be empty I am afraid with me

Hello to anyone I missed. Will check back later between loads.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:17 AM   #9  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good morning everyone. I made my first post last night. Thanks for the welcome!

I started Phase I this am - 1st day new SBD. I ate my little breakfast and I'm surprisingly full. I can't believe how much I weighed in at this am! No one to blame but myself. I've been on a sugar binge the last two weeks and I'm looking forward to a good sleep at night! I don't sleep well when I'm binging on sugar. My 7 year old says I get real crabby too.

I've made my meals/dressings/salads & veggies for the 1st three days. I'm looking forward to managed meals again. Because if we don't manage our diets - our diets will manage us. That is the way I've been living for awhile and I'm ready to make a positive change.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:29 AM   #10  

Morning, gals! I hope everyone starts feeling better soon. Make yourself a big bowl of soup, Little Chick. That always seems to help when I'm stuffy.

Mama, sorry the spider bites are still bothering you. The only ones I have heard hanging on like that were brown recluse. I HATE spiders!!

cac - I am impressed with the running. I can do lots of other exercises but I just can't handle the impact of running. Keep it up and I bet you will really notice a difference.

Ruth - I'm sure you'll break the plateau eventually. We're all rooting for you.

Heidi - I hate dialup. I've been spoiled. Good job keeping on plan with guests.

Lauren - I am impressed at how well you have been doing when you travel. I know how hard that can be. Great job!

skherb - I love the Octoberfest! They just schedule too many things the same weekend! I went to the Oktoberfest in New Braunfels one year and it was a blast. I danced the chicken dance with friends.

Anchor Weight - Welcome to the forum and good luck on day 1! Make sure you include legumes in your phase 1 planning. The protein and healthy carbs really can help. And drink lots of water. Let us know if you have any questions.

I made WW chocolate chip muffins that were on plan last night. They were really good. I got the recipe from another South Beach site (where they aren't so friendly and some of their advice is wrong but they occasionally have good recipes). I used dark chocolate chips. They were yummy and everyone liked them. I'll post the recipe later.

Last edited by Barb0522; 09-20-2004 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:43 AM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning chickies!
Welcome Anchor Weight! Lot's of help and support here! So drop that anchor on the beach and leave it behind because when your done you won't need it!

It is a crisp morning here. DH left the windows open again and it was 43 degrees outside when I got up! It is up to 50 now. Still wearing my jacket freezing my lil footsies off! haha

Had a great OP w-end! I did eat 1.5 of DD cookies she baked yesterday. It was her 13th b-day went out to dinner Sat. night after her awesome soccer game and stayed OP no problem! I resisted the bread! Flee from evil and it will flee from thee! haha I forgot it was Mon. when I weigh in and had already drank about a 1/2 a pot of coffee but the scale still showed 3 down so I'm not complainin!
Well the sun has moved to where it is right in my eyes and since we still have not gotten any blinds up in the great room I have got to get off of here because I cannot see anymore! Hope you all have a great OP day!
Old 09-20-2004, 10:39 AM   #12  
Faith in me

Good Morning ladies!

It's cold here this morning....59 degrees out...and I'm loving it! I found out that they are having a memorial service for my dear friend who passed away on Thurs at 6pm...but I have to work So I'm going to see if I can leave work early...I would hope they would understand. I go to work today for more orientation...Nothing like watching dated videos where the clothes and hair are hideous on everyone and the acting is corny...Little Chick I do hope you feel better soon...I just got over a nasty cold, it appears to be going around...Mama I do hope your bites will get better soon! Cac I went running last night...ok well I ran most but stopped here and there and walked some but man I am SORE this morning...I guess I used some muscles I haven't used in ages...I'm going to try to keep it up...Ruth before we know it that plateau will be gone and you'll be a losing machine! Anchor Weight Welcome!! Barb can't wait until you post that recipe! To everyone I hope you all have a lovely day!!
Old 09-20-2004, 10:50 AM   #13  

Good morning all! Though from the times on some of these posts I see that there are some real larks on this board, and it's pretty late to say "good morning"!

Hi, Anchor Weight--I'm starting Phase I today too. After gradually getting overweight in college and my mid-20s, I lost 60lbs in 2001-02, but had a lot of trouble keeping it off (partly because my goal, athough I successfully got there, was too low, and partly because I was on a very restrictive low-fat diet that was too hard to stick to), yo-yoed for a while, and ultimately gained back 35lbs. My goal now is to lose 15-20. (I didn't weigh myself today because I had a seriously off-plan dinner last night--with bread and wine and dessert--that I know is sitting in my stomach and would just alarm me on the scale this a.m.--but will do it tomorrow.)

xoxo
Belly
Old 09-20-2004, 12:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all, ( well, just barely anyway)
This day started off on the wrong note. I had to get up early to have my car at the shop when they opened at 7, and no one showed up there til 7:45. All I needed was an oil change and had an appt. but it took just over 1 1/2 hours! By then I was starving, so I had a bran muffin & coffee at Wegman's. There wasn't anything else I could find in the cafe that was OP. I figured I blew it, and was too stressed out to go to Curves. I SHOULD have just come straight home after getting the car done and made a proper breakfast, but I needed to buy a few groceries, get gas, and run another errand while I was out. Don't mind me, I think I'm just in a bad mood today. Probably due to eating off plan most of the weekend - it's just not worth it.

On the plus side, I just finished laundry and made a crockpot full of chili for tonight. The weather has turned pretty cool here after all the rain on Saturday.

LittleChick and Mamacita, get well soon!
Ellis, sounds like a lot of fun re-doing your kitchen, I love redecorating!
AnchorWeight, welcome!
Remaining Chickies, hope your Monday is a great one!
Old 09-20-2004, 12:12 PM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Morning

All is cold and gray here. Makes me want to crawl into bed. Enjoying a quiet day at home. I love it, doesn't happen too often but when it does it's a gift.

Little chick, hope your tootsies warmed up and your nose cleared up.

Mama, your lunch yesterday sounded yummy. I have a recipe for that, I'm going to try it. Hopefully it's cold enough that your arachnids are all dead now. Hope you get feeling better soon.

cac, be careful about running....it can be very addicting. I love to run.

Ruth, sounds like Hersh knows right where to go to dry off. Oh, about the weight being stuck, have you ever tried bribing your scales, making an offering of incense, money whatever.................

Heidi, sorry about the crashed modem. You may be faster to send snail mail than dial-up.........

GoldieFun, way to go with Phase 1, how much did you end up losing? Another week for me would be herculean. I'm struggling to stay on phase 1 for the two weeks. Beginning AGAIN today.

skherb, Octoberfest sounded like fun. Hopefully your weather was warm.

anchor weight, good luck on day 1, I'll be watching you for inspiration.

Barb, PLEASE post the recipe! They sound good. Would they be phase 1 worthy?

Bammiegurl, way to be strong!

Historychick, hope you are able to go to the memorial service. Hugs are with you.

Bellydancer, I'll be watching you on phase 1 too, you'll be my inspiration along with anchor weight.

As you may be able to tell, I'm still struggling to regain the control I've had for 8+ months. I starting drifting out to sea mid-Aug and haven't quiet found the beach again. I'm a bit scared that I'm totally off the deep end. I've done this in the past when I lose weight. I need to find the mindset that just by having a treat isn't the end of it all. I was hoping to have achieved that in the 8 months I was perfect on this plan, but apparently it hasn't happened. I think phase 1 is necessary for me to detox but I really miss the fruit. But this week is a low stress week and it will be a good time to really be selfish and do this right!
Closed Thread