Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#5)

Sherry
09-17-2004, 08:25 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/welcomeapples

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
09-17-2004, 08:30 AM
Gayle....The meds are helping some but not like I thought or was hoping they would. Yes...I'm STILL going to both schools. It's wearing me out!! Thanks for asking!!

Everyone.....Have a great day!!! If I'm not too tired when I get home from working the state fair tonight, I'll post.

Have a great day!!!! Gotta get to work!! :D

HUGS :grouphug:

Deelite
09-17-2004, 02:57 PM
Sherry thanks for keeping the board running.

Gayle, Dez is 3 hours away from us. She managed to take a bus home last weekend and will be coming home again this weekend by bus. Soon her money will run out for that. It is $50 return.

I want to wish everyone a sunny weekend. Enjoy!

siamese
09-19-2004, 12:33 PM
hello all!
i missed all of you!
we lost our internet for awhile.
back on going strong.
i tried to catch up for posting.
carol,sorry to hear of your uncles passing.
dee,glad your recovering and wishes for a speedy recovery!
sherry,how is your legs?
i have that problem to,my feet will burn so bad sometimes.
dr.says lose weight and it will feel better.
shelly,i am so sorry to hear bout your boss from ****.
id want to kick her booty!
i am speechless bout the hurracanes that have been brewing.
my sisters house is totaly gone!
she is in pensicola fl.
now there are 2 more brewing.
being in ind.we just got mild winds from ivan.
i was glued to the tv when it made landfall.
my prayers go out to all.
i think to myself when i have a pity party for myself that at least i have a home to come home to.

ok well heres the update on me.
been doing well here.
im on anouther plan and im realy upbeat bout.
its called jorge cruise cruise down system.
posed to lose 2 pounds a week.
there are no restictions on food and i can even have choc.!
i hafta eat every 3 hours ,not used to that.
brk,snack,lunch,snack,dinner,treat.
the thing is you fill half your plate with fruits/vegggie
the other half of the plate is sectioned off in 2's
half that your carb,the other half is protien.
do this for the 3 main meals.
for the 2 snacks they hafta be 100 cals.
which is cool cuz they got those chips ahoy 100 cal packs and there so good.
the treat is 50 cals,so i can have a fun size snicker after supper.
its online and i love marking off stuff.
they have neat tools.
im eating so much but im losing.
im down to 243.5 now!
im so happy!
ive realy increased my exercise kinda,
im still plugging away with the firm getting srtonger there,
i do 2 mile walks with leslie on non cardio days with the firm and i have a new passion,
pilates!
omg!
i do them everynite for bath and bed.
its fexable gentle srtetching exercises,
and boy can i tell a diff.!
i realy need core work for my torso is so weak.
we have mag rack on our cable and they have pilates there but im ordering the windsor pilates.
cat is doing well in her swim class.
i cried like a baby her first lesson,lol!
well im so glad to be back.
things will pick up here as i will be posting.
whats the new challenge?
im opting for maybe 225 by christmas.
love you all!
stay safe!
hugs,
doni
275/243.5/237mini goal

ShelleyM
09-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Doni-I am so sorry to hear about your sister's house. These hurricanes have been horrible to everyone! The plan you are on sounds very interesting. I hope you do well. We have a Thanksgiving challenge going. Why not post over at the exercise thread also? I need some company over there. I love your 10 Commandments at the end of your post.

Deelite
09-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Doni it is nice to hear from you. That is terrible that your sister lost their home. Is red cross or salvation army going to help them rebuild? Or do they have insurance for hurricanes?

I have a question for you girls. When you come on to the forum do any of you get pop up adds? Does anyone know how to get rid of theses?

All was quiet here on the board for the weekend, I can only assume everyone had a good weekend.

My brother from Ottaw stopped over for the weekend. He will be doing work on the west coast. We all got together for supper at my mom and dad's. There was only a few nephews and a neice that was missing. That was my first outing since I had surgery. Yesterday Larry and I went out to a park and I walked a little. I figure for every block that I walk is like 5 miles. Shelley you will understand that one. Shelley you are doing great this month considering all the water you have had.

One of my walking friends is coming over this morning for coffee, shortly. It has been great because the two of them will come over three times a week after they walk. I am hoping soon that I will be able to join them.

Please post today and let us know how you are doing. Even if it is only a short one.

gdeann
09-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Dee, so nice to see a message from you this morning, your starting to sound like the old Dee once again.

Doni, so happy your back with us! Sad to hear of all the problems, maybe things will pick up soon!

Can't stay on long, I'm in "craft mode" my show is Saturday and I NEED to get tons of stuff done. Also, Steve is restoring our computer, so I may be away for a few days until we can be up and running again.

I hope all is well with all of my buddies, please post and keep us updated!!!!

I have been walking evenings, trying to watch my eating plan but doing poorly, with b-day parties, bbq's etc. Hopefully after the weekend, I can get my big bootie in gear and stay motivated!!!

ShelleyM
09-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Dee-Gayle took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say that you are starting to sound like the old Dee. I am so glad that you are starting to get better. Even walking! That's fantastic. Thank you for card. You are such a wonderful and kind friend.

Gayle-I hope you sell out of everything this weekend. Thanks for letting us know about the computer. That way we won't be worried about you!

ShelleyM
09-20-2004, 05:52 PM
BTW, Dee-Those pop ups are so frustrating, aren't they? You can pay a fee to 3FC to have them not appear, but I really don't think it's worth it. I did it once, and it seemed that the page took longer to load without them, but it may just be my imagination.

DebbieA
09-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Hi Girls:wave:

I hope everyone is doing ok, as for me busy as usually. I thought I was busy before school started but now it seems I never get anything finished. I feel like a half- "azz" person most days...LOL. I may start 10 things today with hopes of finishing them up tomorrow, what a way to live huh.

Dee....I'm so glad you are doing better. I agree with Shelley, you are beginning to sound like your old self. Take care!! Hugs!!

Doni...Sorry about your sister's house. Those hurricanes are some scarey things. How is your new plan going?

Shelley....Did you take the boards off your house? I know it has been crazy for you not knowing what directions the hurricanes are going. Maybe we have seen the last of them for awhile.

Gayle...Good luck with your show!!! I know you will do good, you are so talented. Are you on a new plan? WTG on the walking!!!

Sherry....I felt like a zoobie today!!! LOL Can't believe they paid me because I was just there staring at all that paperwork most of the day. :lol: Are we too old for this stuff? Try and get some rest this week so we can do it all over again Sunday!! How is your legs feeling?

Carol....How is everything going with you? Are you still OP? Some days I do real good but others I eat everything in sight!! Then I wonder what is wrong with me?

Ramona....How are you doing? Have you heard from the boys lately?

Love and hugs to all my Floozies friends. Hope you all are well and happy.

Hugs...deb

Sherry
09-21-2004, 08:36 AM
Good Mornin' :wave:

Just a quick post before I leave for work to say hi. I've been working so much I haven't had time to post.I'm really tired from all the hours I put in last week PLUS I'm getting sick. I have a bad cold and a horrible cough.

Doni....So glad you posted! Good to hear from you!!

Gotta go or I'll be late. I'll post tonight to each of you.

Love & Hugs.....

mzbhavin
09-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Sherry.....I am gone to fuss at you ...Take care of yourself and quit working yourself to death....You don't give yourself time just for you....Now there i am done.....get some rest we love you.

Shelley....Have you taken the boards done yet??? Do you think you all will get anymore hurricanes.

Dang,,,,I knew as soon as i get on the phone would ring... Be back later on....

Vicki

gdeann
09-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Hi girls, I'm back up and running. Remember the computer problems Steve planned to solve by restoring? Well, the sucker would never re-boot, so last night we bit the big one and bought a new computer. Our credit card company probably loves us! In other words, all the money I planned on making at the craft show and using for Christmas gifts, bills etc. will now go towards the purchase of the computer. I don't know how it works, but it seems like any time we may have an extra dime or two ahead, something breaks down or needs replaced. WHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! :-)

bootwoman
09-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Gayle, oh how I can relate!!! Congrats on the new computer anyway. I wanted to let you and Vicki know that this Thursday on QVC is scrapbooking and craft day all day long. Thought you might like to check it out.

mzbhavin
09-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Gayle...shhhhhhhhhshhhhhhhhh....i am hoping mine behaves so i don't have to do what you had to do this wk/end. That is a bummer when you think you can get ahead....always,always something

Ramona......Thanks for the heads up about it being Craft day on QVC....love that scrapbooking stuff.....

Sherry....Are you getting rest and feeling better??? How's the cold with the cough??

Vicki

Deelite
09-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey Ramona it is nice to see a post from you. It has been awhile since you posted.

Gayle sorry to hear that you had to get a new pc. I bet is is nice having a new one though. Are you ready for the craft sale, yet? I bet you are in panic mode trying to get everything done. I am in shock....did you say you are walking? That is great. Keep it up. Work your way up to Canada.

Sherry you are doing to much again. Take it easy. I agree with Vicki.

Vicki that must have been some long winded phone call you had...lol

Shelley where are you? Did the winds take you away? It must be dark and dreary in your school and home if they are boarded up. Sitting by a window is so important to me. Even on a cloudy I don't like it. Thanks for answering my question about the pop ups. I guess I will just put up with it.

Debbie you are just as busy as Sherry. Take time to smell the flowers. Is it still swimming weather? We closed our pool last weekend.

Things are improving. I go back to see the surgeon tomorrow. I am still having syatic pain but my back is feeling alot better. Tonight we are going to aquafit again. I feel good just to be there even if I can't do everything. Sherry and Debbie are you back at the YMCA?

Well I got to run the oven is beeping telling me that dinner is ready. Love you all.

ShelleyM
09-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Dee-I am here, just lurking. I haven't been posting much because I was mainly talking to myself! At least today there has been a bit more action on the board. I still have to say, you are sounding so much better. I am so happy that you are sounding like your old self. You seem to be improving with each passing day.

Gayle-Enjoy your new computer. Did you get XP?

Sherry and Debbie-How did you both end up with weekend jobs. Did you know somebody in order to get involved with the games? I am thinking about getting a weekend job somewhere, but the only things around me are Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, and some of the fast food places. I wouldn't mind working on Sat and Sun. somewhere close to where I live.

siamese
09-23-2004, 01:51 AM
hello friends!
shelly,i will look into the challenges,thanks!

dee,yes she has ins.but there waiting for fema,i feel so badly for all them.
im on aol and cable i have a icon at the bottom of the page to block pop ups.
with this new puter i dont get em much anymore.
great to hear your walking,slow and steady wins the race.
deb,im realy liking the plan,im not used to all the food tho.

gayle,i so understand!
remember when my puter,vcr,and tv went out within a week?
i mean that was just wrong!
WTG ON YOUR NEW PUTER!
youll love it!
anyone here do pilates?
ive been doing it for bout a month now and altho i can see a diff. im starting to feel a diff.
cant wait to take measurements.
love to all,
doni
275/245/237

ShelleyM
09-23-2004, 05:46 AM
Doni-My daughter love Pilates. As a former dancer, she is very good at it. I'm sure the more you do, the more inches you will lose!

mzbhavin
09-23-2004, 07:33 AM
Shelley....You are like me when i don't have much to say I just lurk also....We are bad....lolololol

Gayle...How's puter working for you????

Sher & Deb.....Car54 where are you gals???

Dee....How have you been feeling of late?? So glad to see you post...Listen to me one who has bad habit of lurking....

Well kids will be coming in a minute so better get off.

Love ya

Vicki

Sherry
09-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Hey All....

I'm real sick. I went to bed at 8:00 last night. I'm not going to work. I have a Dr.'s appt. @ 8:45. I'll let you know what she says I have.My throat & ear is killing me! :(

I'll post later today.....Please forgive me for not posting like I should. I'm either working or cleaning & washing. And I've been sick since Monday.

Love & Miss you....

gdeann
09-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Sherry, I'm off to see a client in a few minutes, but will check back in later. Let us know what she says. Personally, I think you need to slow way down, you try to do everything and it's catching up with you.

I'll check in later girls! Just as soon as I'm back home, I need to take advantage of the nice sunny day and get some of my last minute craft stuff done that needs to be finished outdoors. I tried yesterday, but it rained 3 inches!

Deelite
09-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Well I am glad to come back and see that my post was still there. Even happier to see all the posts after me.

Shelley I am improving every day. I do have the syatic pain but it isn't as bad as before sugery. I am seeing the surgeon today to see what is up with that. Since I can sit 5-10 minutes at a time I try to post when I can.

Sherry I am sorry to hear that you are not well. You need to rest and take care of Sherry.

Doni what kind of program is it that you have to take away the pop ups? I would like to try pilaties when I am feeling better. It is something that I thought that I would enjoy.

Gayle doesn't it likft your spirits when the sun is out? Three inches of rain... that must have been a good down pour! I hope that you get all the crafting done today that you needed to finish.

Vicki I miss my day care kids. I did day care for 18 years. I just love little ones. I don't get to see many children becuase our friends kids are teens. Only my nephews and neices and we don't see them that often.

I hope that evryone enjoys the day.

Sherry
09-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Hi :wave:

I went to the Dr. this morning and then came home & went to bed!!! She said I had an Upper Respiratory Infection, Sinus Infection and both ears infected! (Even though only 1 ear hurts). :( I got 2 shots and a precription for an antibotic. So hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.I can't go back to work until Monday so maybe it will do me good to relax all day tomorrow. But you know me...I'll be up washing and cleaning all day.

For everyone that has lots of pop-up ads: I don't have them here on fatchicks because I'm the moderator and they are blocked. But on other sites I "did" have them. I downloaded PopSwatter and it really helps!!! I love it. It's a big fly swatter that swatts the pop-ups. Kinda cool. :D

Shelley,
Is school going better for you now? I've been meaning to post and ask you. Do the girls like school? Drew still doesn't like it and I told him he WILL graduate! He's a Junior this year so it won't be long now! About the games: Debbie's Son used to date the boss at the stadium. That's how we got our foot in the door. We were very lucky. I by no means want to brag but, I make almost as much working one game (9 hours) as I do 2 weeks at the school! Can you believe that?! That money is always put up for Christmas & Florida vacation. I hate that it's only 2 pre-season games and 10 regular games. Wished it was more!! If you do get a weekend job please don't let it run you down like it does me...ok?

Dee,
I'm so glad that you're feeling some better. I think of you all the time. Don't think this is crazy...I've never told anyone....But the day you had surgery, I held the angel :angel: you gave me at Christmas and said a prayer for you. I want you out of pain so much!I know you'll be well very soon and be doing all the things you were doing before. Did you know that you have many, many people who love you & care for you?! Love you!!! :grouphug:

Debbie,
Thank you for "making" me go to the Dr. She said if I would have waited (like I ususally do) until next week, it might have already gone into puemonia (sp). Now I can be all well to work the game Sunday! Don't make plans for next Saturday! We are playing cards and talking our ears off..ok???? I miss you g/f!

Gayle,
I hope you sell all of your beautiful crafts at the show! Your work is so pretty I know it will!!! I bet you love your new computer!!! I got mine about 2-3 months ago and love it! Mine is a flat screen with no back to it...Know what I mean? :lol: Mine is a HP...what's yours? I know what you mean about money. When Wayne & I think we have an extra dollar or 2, something breaks down! Story of my life! How does Allison like school? I bet you miss her so much when she's gone.

Doni,
I'm so glad that you're back to posting all the time. Is there a link for info on pilates? I would like to know more about it. Congrats on loosing inches!!! I'm on AOL also. Would you send me your IM name in a private email and we can talk to each other!! That would be fun!

Vicki,
How are you doing? Still keeping those kids I see. I did it for 5 years and there are days when I do miss it though.I promise to slow down some. I keep going & going knowing that I will get sick. I've got to start making time for ME! BTW: Who is Car54????

Carol,
How are you girl? I miss you!!! How's your Mom & Dad? Are you still staying OP? When I went to the Dr. this morning I weighed 182 so that means I have lost 6 lbs!! It hasn't been from my eating so it must be from running & going non-stop! On game days I never eat which is sooooo bad! Post soon and let us know how you are!!!!!! :grouphug:

Ramona,
I'm really, really going to need you soon!!! You'll never believe what Chris did??! He joined the Navy!! Yep...He had his physical and drug test yesterday. He can leave for bootcamp anytime between now and after Christmas. We really don't know when or where yet. He decided to join after a long "thinking spell." He can finish up his Criminal Justice degree there (2 yrs. of schooling left) and it will be paid for too. His girlfriend is going to finish school here and in 2 years when she's done, they will get married.I have cried and cried. I'm happy for him but also worried. I still don't know how you were able to let go of 2 boys! Did you cry a lot? I will be strong and give him my blessings.I will be behind him 100% even though it will be tough. So when I have my crying days, will you be there for me? Speaking of such, how are your boys?

Ramona......Cheryl.......Tina....(hope I didn't forget anyone)....Hope you're ok. Please post soon!

Going to lay back down. Sorry it's so long but I wanted to catch-up.

Love you all.....

bootwoman
09-23-2004, 04:25 PM
Sherry, I won't lie to you and tell you it is easy because it isn't. I will tell you this however, when you go and watch Chris graduate from basic training, you will be beaming with pride and will know that your little boy is a man now. He will change before your eyes and you will love him even more than you ever thought possible. At least one good thing is that in the Navy, he will probably be safer than in any of the other branches. I'm assuming of course that he isn't planning on being a Navy Seal or anything like that! You will cry, you will worry, you will fret, you will doubt. And then when you get that email from him telling you how well he is doing and all the wonderful places he is seeing and adventures he is living, you will know that it was all worth it. In my book, the day he signed that dotted line, he became an American Hero. It sounds as if he really thought this through and it wasn't a hasty decision. Go online and order your first "Proud to be a Navy Mom" T-shirt and then wear it with all the pride you feel for the little boy who grew under your loving guideance into a mature, intellegent man who loves his country. And don't be afraid to let him see you cry, for it is through tears that we show our love. And then it is through drying those tears and smiling away the pain that we show our true strength and courage.

Please tell Chris how very proud I am of him and that I wish him all the best.

I hope you are feeling better very soon!

Sherry
09-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Dear Ramona,
I can hardly type this because I'm crying so hard. Your letter really touched me. Like I said, I don't know how you let both boys go, let alone one. This is the hardest thing I've ever done and all I can say is you are one brave,loving, wonderful person. Your boys are so very lucky to have you. I truely mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Chris called me about 30 min. ago. He leaves Jan. 19th to the Great Lakes. I didn't cry until I read your letter though. It has FINALLY touched home. I can feel him leaving already.

I'm going to order my "Proud Mom" shirt now!!! Thank you Ramona!!! I Love You!

ShelleyM
09-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Sherry-You must be too young to remember Car54 Where Are You??--The TV show! I knew exactly what Vicki was talking about. I can't imagine seeing my child join the armed forces. I'm sure he will be great in whatever capacity he decides to serve.

I would have quit today if I could. I was covering the clinic, which I have been doing all week because all of the extra assistants are testing the kids in Diebels. Being at the front counter, covering the clinic (btw, I have had 3 or 4 wet or poopy pants for the past couple of days!), making emergency copies, answering the phones, having teachers call me on the intercom, people calling in blue line walkers (standing quietly on the line), I can't even start to do my own work. Not to mention bus problems as usual. It hasn't slowed down one bit. There was an open house tonight, but the principal told me I didn't have to go since Becky is still taking me back and forth to work. I don't know if all of this is worth it or not. I should have come home and run today to get rid of some of the stress, but my mom called and needed a pair of shoes that I had, so I ran them out to Cape Coral instead. At least I am a bit more relaxed after seeing my parents. I haven't been over to their house since before the hurricane. They are going to Jacksonville tomorrow to my nephew's wedding, and I am not going. They are going to drive to Tampa, then go up with my brother and sister in law on Saturday and come back on Sunday. To top things off, Saturday is Yom Kippur and my dad will be fasting. I hope he doesn't get sick!

Now Becky needs to use my computer. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Carol101
09-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Hello All

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. No good excuse really except my feet and ankles hurt so bad by the time I get home from work that all I want to do is sit with them propped up. Today I just felt like crying. I just started going to a reumotologist last month. At first she put me on new meds and I thought they were going to help, then about a week ago I had a bad flare up. The doctor gave me a shot in each ankle, put me on steroids for the swelling for a week and sent me to have blood work & xrays done. So far, I don't think any of it has done me much good. I get up in the mornings and within 1/2 hour I am walking like a 100 year old woman. Every step is pain!! The Dr. still has not called me back with any test results. I am going to call her tomorrow. I can't believe how painful it can be to walk when I used to walk 3 miles a day 2 years ago.

Anyway, enough about me.

I am so glad you are taking care of yourself Sherry!! I always knew you worked too hard and didn't take enough time for you!! I hope you feel better real soon. Oh and great job on losing those 6 lbs. We take any loss anyway we can get it!!!

BTW Sherry: I can only imagine what you are feeling about Chris joining the Navy. A mixture of pride and a mother's love wrapped up with worry and caring... As you said, Ramona has all the answers in this area.

Ramona and Sherry: WTG on the two wonderful women I know who raised such great sons!!! Thanks to both of you and all those wonderful parents who raised sons and daughters that are doing their best to serve and protect us all!!!

Gayle: I am wishing for great sales for you at the at craft show. Gotta pay for that computer and christmas!!! Good Luck.

Shelley: I know how you feel about just wishing you could walk away from your job. I have days... sometimes weeks, like that too. Hang in there and maybe, just maybe the right position will come along. You just have to keep you eyes open, an open mind, and be ready!!

Debbie: Sounds as if you are as busy as a bee like Sherry. Just make sure you take care of yourself. Don't want you being sick like she is...As far af staying OP.. it is the hardest thing in the world to do... :lol: I did lose a couple of pounds, although I am not quite sure how, since I eat everything in sight!!! Oh for a magical wish to make those lbs go away..... Anyone out there have the magic potion.... it would be worth a fortune!!!

Doni: Your doing great. We all need to find that plan that works so well it doesn't feel like work. Sounds like you have. Keep it up girl!!

Dee: I am so glad you are much, much better. Keep after those Drs, until your 100%!! I am routing for you!!

ShelleyM
09-24-2004, 05:43 AM
I am so depressed today. I am fat and poor!

Carol-I hope that your feet and ankles get better soon. What's up with everyone having leg problems? Could it be that everyone is on them too much??

Carol101
09-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Shelley: Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have days when we don't feel good about ourselves, but pick yourself up and trying making a list of all the good things in your life. I bet you find plenty to be happy about.

Maybe we can't all be stick thin and rich (especially me :lol:), but we can be happy and healthy with what we have. BE HAPPY!!

I figure if I wake up in the morning it is a good day!!! After all, what is the alternative. ;)

bootwoman
09-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Shelley.....{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}

gdeann
09-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Shelley, Ramona said it best...{{{HUGS!!}}} You are such a dear person and I love you, regardless if you weigh 100 pounds or 500 pounds!

Sher, I'm sure your upset about Chris going, but it sounds like he really considered everything and thought it through. I admire anyone who decides to join the military, more so now considering how everything is. I willo be thinking of you.

Carol, I hope the legs get better soon! I'm sorry to hear your not feeling well. Prayers are sent your direction!

Sher & Shelley: Shelley mentioned the wet and dirty pants at school. Do you have alot of kids who still have bathroom accidents? Just curious since I have a kindergartener.

Well, taking a break from packing stuff up, I will check in later.

Deelite
09-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Sherry I have so much to say to you. You are so special. I don't think it is strange at all that you help my angel and said a prayer for me the day I had surgery. It shows me how much you really love me. The day that I had heart surgery far far away in another province a friend of mine drove to my house and sat in front and prayed for me while I was having surgery. That meant so much to me when I found out. The same goes for what you did for me. Thank you, I can't tell you in words how much that means to me that you shared that with me. I hope that you feel better soon. You body is telling you to slow down and rest so you can heal. Way to go on the weight loss. You are doing great a lose no matter how it happens is always good news. I am so proud of Chris's desision to join the navy. I know that you will have a lot of lonely and difficult times ahead but be proud. It is good that you know Ramona and she can understand exactly the emotions that you will go through. Thanks for the info on the pop ups. Does it take much ram or memory to run the program? My computer is old and maxing out.

Gayle I wish for you that everything that you bring to the sale this weekend will sell. Your crafts always look so awesome so I know that you will do well. What kind of computer did you buy? I can't remember if you told us. We will be in the market soon for another one. I can't remember if it was you that asked about if Dez is coming home this weekend, well she is. She hasn't stayed out there for one weekend yet. I don't mind her coming home but she is having boyfrind problems. She actually said that she hasn't talk to him since last weekend and that she is trying to get over him. I hope that she will be strong enough to do it. He is not a great person for her. He is emotionaly and verbaly abusive. He really doesn't love her as much as she loves him.

Shelley Hugs are going out to you. I am sorry that your work isn't going well. You are not fat I only wish I was your size! You maybe poor money wise but you are rich with friends and family. We love you.

Carol I understand the pain you are going through. Every steps hurts me too. I feel like a granny most days. Pain is a hard thing to cope with. You can do it for so long and then your tolerance goes down and you can get depressed when the quality of your life changes. Hang in there. We are praying for you.

Well I don't even know if I want to write this but it here it is:

Yesterday my doctors appointment was very discouraging! He thinks that I have permanent nerve damage. He said that I wouldn't necessarly be going to the grave with this pain but it was a chalenge for him. That is the story of my life. I never fit the doctor's mold for any illness, never have and probably never will. What he said causing the syatic pain could be a number of things. It could be healing and take up to a year to get better. Most people it would not take this long. Secondly it could be internal nerve damage. The nerve could have scar tissue inside and be causing the pain. He removed the scar tissue from the outside and hoped that was the problem Thirdly he said that he wanted a CT Scan to see if the syatic nerve was still rubbing on the bone. It is possible that he did not remove enough bone to make room for the nerve to be free from touching anything. In that case I will need surgery again. I am not sure when I will be able to get a CT Scan but he put a rush on it. For now he took me off the nerve pain pills I was on in exchange for some stronger nerve medicatiion. It is going to cause me to be come very woozy and confused. I will need a lot of sleep and may even get to the point that I won't know what's going on and who I am. That is pretty scarey. All because of the pain. At this point I am very discouraged and weepy. I am wondering if the surgery helped me or was the pain all in vain of a second guess. The other thing that it could be is that the disks are worse than he thought and they have to be removed and fused like he was suppose to do when I had the surgery. Unbeleivable this is one of the best nerosurgeon in the city. Please remember me in your prayers. If I don't post much in the next week it is because of all the medications side effects. I have to slowly increase the new medication until I am up to three a day. By september 30th I will be on the full dose. We will see what will happen.

On that note I have sat here to long so I have to go now.
I hope that you all have a great fall weekend.

ShelleyM
09-24-2004, 04:21 PM
Dee-I am praying for you! I can't believe all this pain you are going through. I wonder what the meds are that do that kind of thing to you. I really wish that you would have your operation in the states instead of Canada. If he is the best, I can't even imagine what the average is there. I do know about your pain, because Mike lives with it everyday.

Thanks everyone for the hugs.

Carol101
09-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Oh Dee: My heart goes out to you along with all my prayers. No one should ever be in that kind of pain. You are doing a wonderful job of coping and you even still come and post to us. You are a very strong woman and I am proud to know you. Hang in there. {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sherry
09-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Hello :wave:

You'll never believe what happened to me this morning. Remember I said that the Dr. said I couldn't go back to work until Monday? Well I woke up this morning and my face felt like it was on fire. Wayne asked me what the heck was wrong with my face. I jumped out of bed and looked in the mirror.My whole face was swollen and blood red!!! After talking to the Dr., I found out that I was allergic to the cortizone shot she gave me yesterday. I had to take benadryl all day. If it wasn't better by 3:00 she wanted me to come in for a shot to counter-act it. But by 3:00 I looked and felt better. Now on my chart at the Dr.'s office I have "No- cortizone" wrote in RED!

Shelley.....You need a real big hug! :grouphug: I know exactly how you feel! That's one of the reasons why I went a while without posting. I've been real depressed too. I feel fat & look ugly. I hope you realize soon how small you really are and how pretty you are. You have so much going for you. Keep smiling and know we're all here for you!!

Carol,
I know exactly how you feel with your legs & feet. Most mornings when I try to get out of bed, I walk like a 100 yr. old woman. Once I get going I start walking better. The pills the Dr. gave me works some night and some nights they don't.I'm so tired of hurting and I know you are too. Please take care hon and know I do feel your pain and I'm so sorry you're hurting. Love you.

Gayle,
Most of the little kids at school have a change of clothes on hand and some don't. Yes, it does go through spells where they are all peeing on themselves. We do have a few donated clothes that helps but they are never sent back to school when we need to put them on the kids w/out clothes.So usually we are calling Parents to bring down a change.Has Allison had any accidents yet?

Dee,
I'm so sorry that you're going through so much. I wish I knew the answer so you wouldn't hurt. Please know that there are many prayers going out to you and we love you so much. If you need anything, let me know. Love you so much. :grouphug:

Better lay back down. Still don't feel that good yet.

Hugs To All........

Sherry
09-24-2004, 09:54 PM
BTW:

Carol....I keep forgetting to tell you....I love your cheerleaders for the lbs. lost!! Too cute!!! ;)

ShelleyM
09-25-2004, 06:40 AM
Gayle-Our accidents are kids of all ages. We are a uniform school, and parents expect us to have uniform changes! We are running out of clothes. Some of the bathroom accidents are caused by abused kids also. We have one child that keeps pooping in his pants--I am told that is a sign of abuse. Like Sherry says, the clothes changes never come back. Half of the numbers that we try to call for changes of clothes never work. Our school is in a poverty area of the city.

Sherry-Have you ever taken cortizone shots before? That is so strange. I'm glad that your face is better now.

I had a major binge last night. I was horrible. Went through the kitchen after dinner and not only had my normal bowl of lite ice cream, but I also had Skittles, Twizzlers, cereal. I am still bloated this morning. I guess I needed to get it out of my system. I am going to try today to be very good. Actually I am supposed to be fasting for Yom Kippur-Becky is, but I never do. She hasn't had anything since dinner at sundown last night. I wasn't going to even try, since I have to eat enough to be able to run my 10 miles today.

Sherry
09-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Hi :wave:

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I have rested most of the day and I do feel much better. The shots & meds have really kicked in, which is a good thing because we have a football game tomorrow. So if I don't post tomorrow you'll know where I'll be! :D

Wanted to share this with you........

GREAT TRUTHS THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED:

1) No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

2) When your Mom is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair.

3) If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.

4) Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.

5) You can't trust dogs to watch your food.

6) Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.

7) Never hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time.

8) You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.

9) Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.

10) The best place to be when you're sad is Grandpa's lap.

GREAT TRUTHS THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED:

1) Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree.

2) Wrinkles don't hurt.

3) Families are like fudge...mostly sweet, with a few nuts.

4) Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

5) Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

6) Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy.

GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT GROWING OLD

1) Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

2) Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

3) When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're down there.

4) You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

5) It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.

6) Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.

7) Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.

THE FOUR STAGES OF LIFE:

1) You believe in Santa Claus.

2) You don't believe in Santa Claus.

3) You are Santa Claus.

4) You look like Santa Claus.

SUCCESS:

At age 4 success is . . . not peeing in your pants.

At age 12 success is . . . having friends.

At age 16 success is . . . having a drivers license.

At age 20 success is . . having a girlfriend that thinks you a really good looking

At age 35 success is . . having money.

At age 50 success is . . having money.

At age 60 success is . . having a girlfriend that thinks you are really good looking

At age 70 success is . . having a drivers license.

At age 75 success is . . . having friends.

At age 80 success is . . not peeing in your pants.

ShelleyM
09-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Sherry-Cute!

Sherry
09-25-2004, 06:54 PM
STOP!!!!!!

Please Go To #6.................A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!! ;)