Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 10:36 AM   #1  

Talking

Good Morning everyone...

we are suppose to be at kindermusik this morning, but chas is still sleeping and i am just not in the mood to go....everytime we do, evan feels the need to hit this one little boy...doesn't hurt him, just kinda stuns him...evan is so mean.

lynn - dh would have loved your hubbys job in tx..he is such a space freak..him and charlie have been running outside the last 2 nights to watch the spacestation go by..it is orbiting earth right now...tonight is the last night to see. hope barry gets to feeling better. let us know about your visit with theresa!! you gals have fun!

cindy - i can almost do a 20 min mile, i will probably walk on the treadmill today, so i will see what i have in me.

jill - boy your busy, 18 hrs day would kill me...would love to see the baby cow.

i have been doing good on my plan this week, i stepped on the scales and have at least lost another pound...we will see what it says on monday.

viv was suppose to check in with us, i guess she got side tracked with her plans....

gotta go do something, i'm sure....

see ya'll later..robin
Old 04-26-2001, 11:07 AM   #2  
LIFETIMER

Howdy,

Robin, thanks for noticing that we needed a new thread. A 20 minute mile is a very good start! Keep up the good work.

Farmbabe-is this pond going to be a cooling off spot for the dogs. any plans on putting plants. AND another calf. Darn they sure were busy. LOL

Linn-

Lynn-Hope barry is feeling better. Take pictures of you and Theresa meeting.

Theresa-happy to hear that you made it in ONE piece. Sounds like the kids had fun on the trip there. LOL
Don't forget your camera when you meet Lynn on saturday.

later

cindy
Old 04-26-2001, 12:49 PM   #3  
viv

Hi All....

Just a quick check in as promised, it has been sohectic and most of my non-work computer time has been researching medical andlodging issues in SF as well as harrassing my Dad's doctors and nurses via email....I am trying to maniupulate the surgery date so that it falls just before his 80th so he can be double victorious....however with the confines of the surgery schedule I MAY have to spend mother's day traveling, which is upsetting to me....

Also trying to exploit my connections for hotel rates in SF - it is VERY expensive.

Stress level is very high, May is so busy here, trying to take it one day at a time...

ELLIE - Way to go on trying SB. Feel free to email me with questions, I would also suggest you email the moderator on the SB thread (what do you mean you can
't find any info, that thread is soooooo huge, recipes and all) - her email is [email protected]. She is wonderful and has lost 90+ lbs on SB and is tiny! What do you mean you can't eat anything! Sweet potatoes, WW pasta, WW breads (try Ezekiel in the freezer section at health food stores or in the HF section at your market), cheeses, eggs or egg whites, tons of veggies and fruits (no bananas, pineapples), meats, triscuits, nuts, unsweetened carob, the list goes on and on.....try www.prettyimpressivestuff.com/sugarbusters for a non-3fc view of the plan. Let me know how you do.

One more request - I need some good book recommendations. For anyone that has read Bridget Jones, I want those kinds of books for the trip. Anyone game? Email me at [email protected]....

Hi to all - CAB hasn't been here, huh?

So sorry, boss is calling again....

Hugs...
Viv
Old 04-26-2001, 02:15 PM   #4  

alright cindy... i just walked 2 miles in 43 minutes and i am a big sweaty pig and my whole body is tingling....i hope that's not a bad sign

i felt the need to exercise right after i ate a small cheeseburger from mcdonalds...didn't feel like cooking lunch and dh brought it home for the boys..i hope i worked it off. so that makes 3 days of walking for me...1 more and i will have hit my goal of 4 for the week.

viv - take it easy, don't overwork yourself before you go or you are going to be exhausted when you get there...is your mom going to meet you there?

i really need to shower now...going to try to get evan down for a nap and deodorize myself.

later..robin
Old 04-26-2001, 06:47 PM   #5  

Hi All!

Just got the final news from the Doctor. NO SURGERY!!!!! YEAH!

I have A Typical Cells in the biopsy and the pap, but nothing specific from them. So, as I was told, this can be normal for some women. And just keep my next appointment scheduled for December.

I feel like celebrating!!!!!

Lynn
Old 04-27-2001, 01:27 AM   #6  
gettn' strong in 2002

Theresa - hope you are having fun! Oh, we farm 1760 acres of land and keep about 45 head of cattle.

Robin - way to go on the exercising! dh DID take a picture of the calf today; I'll try and remember to post it sometime.

Lynn - great news; go out and celebrate!!

Cindy - I don't know much about water plants but I'll have to learn. Yes, I'm sure the dogs will go for a swim(they do here everyday......in the dugout or sloughs).
I DID buy a Daylily for my landscaping around the pond. I got a good deal at Costco.

Viv - I agree with Robin. Take care of you too.

We are pretty well done digging the pond. Now I have to go and buy the liner.
We went out searching for rocks tonight; those suckers are heavy!!

I lost 3 1/2 lbs. this week
Old 04-27-2001, 08:23 AM   #7  
LIFETIMER

Good Morning,

Robin-sweating is GOOD!!!! and the tingling is blood circulating in different areas of your body. Keep up the good work, and try increasing your speed a little everyday. In no time, you will see a big difference.

Viv-good luck to you and your father. please keep us posted.

Lynn: I'm doing a HAPPY dance for you. You must be relieved! A celebration is in order, you and Theresa should get a drink when yall meet tomorrow.

Farmbabe-you sure have been busy with the pond. Once its done, can you take a picture can you post a copy?
Congrats on losing 3.5 pounds this week and keep up the good work.

cindy
Old 04-27-2001, 02:16 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone!

Haven't had the chance to do the "happy dance" yet, but I promise to get there soon.

Barry is still home and I looked up his new med in the PDR. It told me that all of the symptoms that he has been having are from this med. Thankfully he has a doctors appt. of 3:40 this afternoon.

DH came home earlier than normal. I think he is finally feeling the fact that he isn't "faster, stonger and better" quite yet. Maybe I can convince him to slow down, just a little bit.

Looking forward to seeing if Theresa and I can find time to get together tomorrow. I'll hear from her either later today or tomorrow morning. This should be fun!

Jill - That's a hunk of land you have up there! WOW! I complain mowing my small piece here. You must really have all the fun! LOL

Cindy - One of us will try to have a camera handy and put pictures online for everyone else. I kind of feel lucky that you guys all seem to be popping in in the DC area. I feel special.

Viv - Hope you got all your plans squared away. Take a little time to take care of yourself to. You need to keep yourself together through all of this. You were here for me, I'm here for you. ANYTIME!

Hi to everyone else, Ellie, Linn, CAB, Robin.

Have a great weekend! Enjoy the weather, I know I will.

Later,
Lynn
Old 04-27-2001, 08:36 PM   #9  

Hi, all. It must be Fri. because here I am.

I'm doing ok with my SB/WW combo. Basically what I'm doing is using SB to limit what I can eat. I seem to take WW's "you can eat anything" too much to heart. It leads to me eating junk. Not being able to be eat sugar is keeping me walking the short and narrow. It's surprising how much stuff has sugar in it. I don't like a lot of the stuff SB says you can eat (sweet potatoes, carob, nuts, etc.) but if I stick to stone ground breads and no sugar and then eat other healthy things (I don't buy the no carrots, pineapple, potatoes stuff) it seems to help me stay grounded. Having good losses at WW too!

Viv--Did you see the Bridget Jones movie? Hilarious. I recommend it to all. Even if you don't like Hugh Grant you'll like him in this. And the beautiful Mr. Darcy (also Mr. Darcy in this, I liked the joke) from Pride and Prejudice (anybody else a costume drame junkie, like me?) is in this. Ok, books. How about:
Otherwise engaged

Watermelon

Lucy Sullivan is getting married

Getting over it

Anyone read any of those? Am I too late?

Theresa--Glad you're enjoying your trip? Did you see Linn? I would have been nervous flying too. And congrats on your great losses!

Lynn--Sounds like your biopsy and pap were a relief. I'm glad.

Hi, Robin, Cindy, Linn, Jill!

Got my new van. It's great. And no hassles buying it!
Old 04-27-2001, 09:45 PM   #10  

Default hello hello...

lynn - glad to hear you got good news from the doc...you and theresa have fun tomorrow.

jill - ooooohhhh 3 1/2 lbs!!!! all that hard work your doing is paying off! good for you.

ellie - i love getting a new car, enjoy your van. ww gave me the opportunity to eat the wrong foods too...i wasn't disciplined enough to make the right choices. that's why ediets seems to be working, i do better when i know exactly what i can eat for the day.

cindy - glad to hear the tingling wasn't a sign of a stroke!

today went well, we did yard work, i planted some flowers around my trees, went swimming, and got in my walk tonight...that makes the 4 i wanted for the week.

have a good weekend everyone, i will try to check in by monday at the latest...busy with our last soccer game and soccer party this weekend.

hi to anyone i may have missed...

bye robin
Old 04-28-2001, 07:50 AM   #11  
LIFETIMER

Good Morning,

Lynn-isn't it amazing how men think they are stronger than what they really are? Especailly after an ordeal that Les went through. How are the plans with Theresa coming along?

Robin-are you still walking? and no, the tingly was not a sign of a stroke. When I first started walking my legs would tingle the most, in my theigh area, it drove me crazy. It eventually stopped.

Illie-glad to see that SB is working for you. Is it difficult to shop for food, when you follow SB, since you can't have sugar, do you have to read all the labels first?

cindy
Old 04-28-2001, 07:59 AM   #12  
Princess Buttercup

Hi Guys,

Just skimmed the post. kinda on a time crunch this morning. I've been emailing Lynn and "begging" her to meet me at Mazza Gallery (it's a mall for the rich and famous----I think we both qualify! lol) anyway, haven't heard back from here this morning, so not sure if she'll be able to make it......sure hope so! maybe with a little added "peer pressure" you all can persuade her to do it! LOL

I need to close quickly, hafta get a shower and get kids rounded up to take with me.

I'll let you know this evening if she makes it.

see ya, Theresa
Old 04-28-2001, 08:31 AM   #13  

OK! OK! OK!

She didn't even let me get out of bed before she went looking for helpers, thinking I wouldn't come out of my house!!!! LOL LOL LOL

I just got off the phone with Theresa and DH has graciously given me his Metro card, so I am meeting with Theresa, her sister, and Kevin and Stephanie in just 3 hours!!!! I can't wait to meet you guys.

Yes we are going to the High and Mighty Mall, in the very expensive end of Maryland. Homes in that area are upwards of the $1,000,000 mark and higher. We fit in perfectly, don't you think?? LOL

Robin & Ellie - thanks for the congrats on the docs report, at least I won't have to see another hospital for a long time (I hope!)

Cindy - Theresa said you told her that I'm a nice person. Thanks for the endorsement. LOL

Hey, what ever happened to Laurie??? She slipped through the cracks I guess. She could have joined us to. Oh well.

Have to get some breakfast and do something with this hair before Theresa is scared to death.

Follow up report will be typed in later.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lynn
Old 04-28-2001, 09:53 AM   #14  
Princess Buttercup

theresa
Old 04-28-2001, 12:49 PM   #15  
LIFETIMER

WELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! how did the RICH and FAMOUS make out at the RITZ MALL?
Can't wait to hear how it went?

cindy
Closed Thread