Support Groups - SAHM's #248 Thursday

View Full Version : SAHM's #248 Thursday

watkinsguru
09-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

watkinsguru
09-16-2004, 09:14 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Good Thursday morning. I'm going to make this a great and happy day. I told the kids that as I put them in the bed last night. Then after going to bed with a headache, I woke up with a headache after Andrew waking up like 3 times last night, but this IS going to be a good day.
I'm so glad all of you with one and two kids got out last night for a while, how nice for you, LOL!!!

Penny, hope you are okay. The eye missed LA but I'm sure you're getting some stuff from the surrounding areas.

Jill, sorry Bayley was a bear. I can understand, but it was my dh being a bear, lol.

Geri, how is Avon going for you? I haven't been pushing it very hard. Of course with this pregnancy I haven't been doing much at all that I don't just have to do. But I am getting orders just not as much as I'd like.

Spryng, so sorry you were sickly feeling. Hope the rest helped. How long does that usually last with bc pills? I've never taken them.

Michelle, so glad you're gonna be off work for a while. Glad Yugi is doing good.

Leigh, when will dh be home? I see some more tropical weather they're keeping their eyes on.

Cindi, so sorry about the surgery. I can't even imagine how tough that has to be. Hope he eats or drinks or something today. Keep us informed. Offer him some of your 100 oz. of water.

Cheri, glad to hear from you. How is school going? Are you getting any of the effects of Ivan?

Jaymi, so glad to see you still around. Several of us have been wondering about you. Hope to see you more this weekend.

Ricci, hadn't heard from you. Where are you?

Mel, how are you? How has BUgga been sleeping?

Okay, did I miss anyone? I surely hope not. I'm so sorry if I did.

Since I didn't sleep well and we didn't finish school yesterday, we're gonna finish our yesterday's work today during nap time and that may leave a little time for me to nap. I so badly need it. I have no idea about our house situation and I dare NOT ask dh about it. I'll figure it out soon I suppose. I'm not going to complain today about anything, I'm not complaining right now, just keeping you all up to date. I go for my sono is a few more days, YEAH!! Okay, I guess that's it. Gonna finish my coffee and hope this headache goes away before the kids get up, of course Ally is already up, 630!!!
Hope everyone had a great night and has a great day. TTYL

mompen
09-16-2004, 09:29 AM
GooD MorninG!

So many posts last night!!!!

Cindi,
I am so sorry Christian has had a hard time with the surgery! I hope today is better for him :) I am praying for you and your family for no damage from the hurricane. The reports are showing horrific damage so far :( Very sad! MANY MANY states were affected!
I'm in on the water challenge! BRING IT ON!

Kristen,
I never told you I am sorry your appt got rescheduled :( How is Sydney feeling?

Jill,
I am glad you got out last night! I'm excited for you! I wish I could have went :) I'm glad your dinner went so well. Thanks for all the concern. We are safe now! :) How is the little boy you are watching? Did you get your house finished? I know I told you already but Bayley is soo cute :) :) :) Can I borrow her? I don't have any girls :(

Spryng,
Hope you are feeling better this morning. Do you think the bc pills are still adjusting? The pics are sooooooooo cute! My kids don't even own a suit! Bubba's suit is just adorable!!! And you are so right Tanner looks much older after the hair cut :( But he is just a cutie :) Your pic is so pretty! I don't hardly ever where those dresses b/c I am short but I love them! THEY are sooo comfortable!!

Crystal,
Sorry you had such a ruff night. Dh's can be such babies sometimes! Hope your trip out wasn't too bad. Did you make it out? Let us know if there is anything we can do. I think we all need a break sometimes whether we have one child or ten :)

Cheri,
That is great that dh is doing lowfat! It also helps when someone else in the house is on the same track :)

Michelle,
I wanna new pic of Yugi. I am so happy he got his cast off! I'm ready for you to stop working so much also! Sorry you had such a bad night :( People can be so greedy sometimes.... ;( Did I mention impatient?

Leigh,
I sure hope dh is very safe! I have watched FOX news throughout the whole storm but I never have seen dh... Am I on the wrong network? I am glad you got your skincare! YAH!!!

Jaymi,
Check in when you can. Hang in there!

As for us, we are doing just fine where in Louisiana... very close call for us and horrific time for everyone east of us. The hurricane center was dead on when they said it would get right to the tip of us then turn east.

We only got moderate wind and rain but nothing we couldn't handle!

mompen
09-16-2004, 09:39 AM
There are a couple QOTD's I never answered..... And now I missed mine yesterday......lol

Ok First is the name we picked out for the kids...

Well I got screwed....lol Me and dh made a bet when I was preggo with Hunter ... If we had boys Brad would name them, and if we had girls... I would name them.

LOL SO we ended up with Hunter Landon (hubby's choice)
Second was Nicholas Patrick ( I choose Patrick... dh's brother had got killed the year before)
And then Andrew Thomas (Thomas is hubby's middle name also chosen by me)

Now I really liked all the names Hubby picked out and we agreed but if it was something goofy...... I would have let him know....lol

I liked Bryle Jude for a boy and Jayden Marie for a girl

OK Next question I didn't answer....

I always watched BABY STORY everyday while I was pregnant but not anymore.. I go through spells then get burnt out... Next it was Trading Spaces, then While You Were Out and Now What Not To Wear.....lol

Ok Last Question....
I talk about you ALL the time! Dh actually asked last night how some of you were....lol My mom and hubby thought is was goofy back when I first started but now they know you are all part of my life :) HUGS :)

Ok I think I am caught up and the guilt is gone.......lol

Deana1113
09-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!!!

Crystal: Sorry dh was such a bear last night. Just let him PMS and it'll pass. So glad to hear that today is going to be a Great, Happy day for you. Determination girl. Can't wait for your sono on Tuesday.

Leigh: Hope dh is safe.

Spryng: I just went to the grocery store yesterday and had my oldest with me so I asked him what we should have last night and he asked for my chicken again that I had made for us a few nights earlier. So that's what we had. I used legs and thighs, mainly because they were alot cheaper than breast. I make a mixture of crushed bran flakes, garlic salt with parsley and parmesan cheese. skin the chicken, roll in egg and milk then coat and bake. It is soooooooooo good I cooked extra so we can have it another night, almost instantly....lol. We had mashed potatoes and gravy (I had the South Beach Mashed potatoes, cauliflower), broccoli and cauliflower steamed with cheese sauce on the side, salad, and cottage cheese. It was really good. Hope you get to feeling better soon. We are getting ready to leave for Spring Hill soon and dh decided that while we are that way he wants to go to Cabela's too. So I guess we're doing that also. But he'll be on a time limit in the gun section. We have to get back before kids get home. Actually we don't, Erik is staying home so he'll be here if we aren't yet. But dh has a meeeting at work tonight. They are laying off some people and changing to 3 - 8 hour shifts instead of the 2 - 12 hour shifts they have now. Dh won't know til tonight what shift he gets. He wants the 11-7 but figures no one else will want it and he will get stuck with 3-11, which totally screws up being able to do anything during the week but he'll have every weekend off. Don't know how long the layoffs and stuff will last. Oh well, we'll know more tonight. Atleast he won't be affected by the layoff. He is like fifteenth or sixteenth from the bottom and they are talking about laying off 12-14. So he will be saved from it. Sorta glad wer are putting off meeting now you skinny minny.....you look GREAT girl. I would feel so huge next to you....lol. The kids pics are sooooo cute. I have one of Erik when he was 6 dancing on the counter with a balloon, buck naked and he threatens to burn it so I have to hide it...(saving to show the girlfriends.... :devil: ).

Jaymi: So glad you checked in girl. Hope all is well with you. Get back on that plan or we'll all converge on Florida and make you do it... ;) .

Geri: I'm not pregnant, I can put away some margaritas, and my house needs cleaned too. So when you get done at Spryng's house head on over, it's only a couple hours from there..... :D

Kristin: still waiting til Monday for you.

Cindi: Glad Christian made it through, even if not perfectly, he will be fine soon. Did they tell you that he may not drink for a while after because of the anesthesia? It happened with me when I had mine out. Hope you make your water challenge today. I would join if I were going to be home.

Michelle: YEAH!!! we get to have you back for a couple days. Hope Yugi is all healed.

Jill: OOOO-LA-LA. Better keep that one close to home. Bailey is sooooo cute. Hope the weather holds off for her party on Sunday.

Cheri: WTG on the new plan, hope it works great for you both.

Penny: So glad you are all safe and sound. I was telling our friends last night that I was worried about you and others in the area. So I guess that answers yesterday's QOTD. Yes I talk about you all the time. Dh is ecstatic that I have found such great friends and great support. He has faith that I can do this and knows I need that support. Besides, he's glad I found better friends than the one I had that always needed something but never gave anything in return. I am soooooooo done with her.

Well, now that I've written a book, I hope I didn't miss anyone and I need to get ready to leave. Dd is still sleeping so I have to get her up and dressed and I haven't had breakfast yet. Hope I can eat right on the road today.

Will be back after I get home. Have a GREAT DAY everyone!!!!!

watkinsguru
09-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Penny, I totally know and agree that we all need time out w/o kids no matter how many we have. It's just I wanted it and needed it so badly yesterday and I didn't get it, but so many of you did. Jealousy that's all. Glad you are okay.

Hi Deana.
TTYL

AuntieEm
09-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Good morning, All!

I'm Emily, 30, SAHM and homeschooling mom to Bradley-11, Michael-9, and Aubrey Grace-4. Contrary to my screen name, I'm an only child, not even an aunt! I'm new to the boards, and after lurking for a while and seeing what a great bunch of gals you all are, I wanted to introduce myself! Especially after reading the multiple threads about yelling - lol!

Actually, over just the last 2 weeks, I've discovered how to get the kids to do what I say without yelling at them - I cry. My boys are such ladies men, they can't stand to see a girl cry!! At first it was genuine - frustration at them not doing their schoolwork, their constant bickering, stress and concern about Mom and Dad (I'll get to that later), etc. Now, when I've REALLY had enough, I just put my hands over my face, "sob" a little, and taa-daa! They're angels! Sometimes I feel guilty for faking it, but you know, you do what you've got to do. Prevents my throat from hurting...

Just to give you a little history - just over the last year both my mother and father have had serious health problems - 5 months ago my husband and I moved 30 minutes away from them (our old house is 5 miles from the new house) . My parents then decided to move across the street from us - hooray, their closing date is Sept. 30! So moving them here is a major thing going on right now! They're excited, I'm excited! After all they've been through this past year, I can't wait!

Well, enough about me - I look forward to getting to know everyone!

-Emily

watkinsguru
09-16-2004, 10:33 AM
Welcome Emily. I'm Crystal, 27 yo, sahm of 3; almost 4. Alisa will be 6 in a couple of weeks, Ally is 3, Andrew is 21 months and I'm due Feb. 1st. I live in Texas and also homeschool, Alisa's in 1st grade.
So glad to see you around, I'm one of those yelling moms. I'm bad about it and hate it, but yes the crying has helped before. I had a breakdown yesterday and afterwards Alisa is the sweetest.
Hope you stick around and we get to know you better.

spryng
09-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Good morning all!!

I do feel a little better this morning, thanks for all who had well wishes for me! :) Maybe today I'll actually get something done in this house. Our electricity went off a little while yesterday and I took that opportunity to get the living room all picked up. Looks much better. What is really getting out of control is my laundry.. not dirty laundry, but clean laundry piling up in baskets. I'm starting to have a hard time finding stuff, lol. So maybe I'll work on that sometime today. DH will be home a week from today for his vacation!! I'm excited about that and hopefully we'll hear something about that job soon. Still keeping my fingers crossed.
Ok, dinner tonight will be Oven fried fish with baked fries and home made tartar sauce. Mmmm... I'm hungry now! LOL! What are you all having tonight?

Welcome Emily!!! I am Spryng (pronounced spring) mother of 3 (Ava 4, Bubba 3, and Tanner 1) been married for 6 years now. I'm 24 yo. So nice to meet you! What plan are you on or going to be starting? I am on weight watchers, been on it for a year now and hit my goal weight back in April and have since been working on my personal goal weight. Which has been very very slow. I hope you feel right at home here and post often so we can get to know you faster! :)

Deana, your dinner sounded good! Glad it worked out for you. And I don't care what you would look like next to me, lol... I still want to meet you someday soon!! :) But you are very sweet.

Penny, so glad you are safe!!! I heard on the news this morning that 4 people died in LA and I was worried! DH was safe in florida but was surrounded by all those tornadoes. One was just 10 miles from him. But he is fine this morning. And yes I think the BC pills are still adjusting. They can take up to 3 months to stop making your nauseous... but I think I will be fine long before that. I don't feel half bad this morning, so that is good. What's funny about the suit Bubba was wearing in that picture was I got it at a yard sale last week for one dollar!!! It is 18 years old. A lady bought it for her son when he was little to wear in a wedding and never wore it again and he is grown now and she sold it to me for a buck... a steal huh? And it's in great shape and fits him perfectly. This is his first 3 piece suit. He has others that are two piece ones. My kids actually have lots of suits and dresses because I used to take them to church quite often a while back. I'm trying to get back into it. Aren't you the same height I am? (5'4")

Crystal, so sorry about your dh's mood last night. Did it get better as the night went on? I hope so, doesn't sound like something I could handle. I hope today is a great one for you! :)

Michelle, enjoy your days off! You deserve it! :) How much longer will you be working full time??

Cheri, that is so nice that your dh is joining you in your diet! That support always helps. You'll have to keep us updated on both of your progress.

Kristin, do you have medical insurance?? I would just go to a walk in clinic and get a blood test you know? Then keep your other appointment for the rest of it but at least you'll know. What are you checking out on ebay?

JIll, sounds like you had a great evening! That shopping sounded like fun!! Did you get your menu made out? I'll be doing that today myself. Let me know what it is when you are done and we'll compare, lol.

Leigh, do you still do that menu mailer??

Well I am starving right now so I better go eat something. TTYL!

MichelleRae
09-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Penny I'm so glad you are safe and sound I was worried about you all night long!! I'm posting pictures later today :)

Crystal sorry you didn't get some time away from the kids, I myself think it is a double edge sword, there are days when I go to work and I think oh this will be great I soooo need some time away from the house and then I get there and I miss them so much lol.

Welcome Emily I'm Michelle a "daytime" sahm to 2 girls 3 yo Taylor Marie and 11 Month old Teagan Kinsey. I live in NW Montana and I work part time (althought lately its been full time) at a hotel desk at nights. I'm currently on the WW plan and its working well for me. Glad to have you.

I don't know if I told any of you but I bought Taylor a computer from my work so she now has one of her own, they were just gonna get rid of it so I asked what they wanted for it and they only wanted 50 bucks and it is a gateway computer in great shape, and its only for a little girl so it will be perfect for her that way she can stop sending IM's to some of you ;) LOL Penny, Spryng, and Jill are the ones she likes to IM the most, Penny just eggs her on lol you lil devil you!!

Ok enough incoherent rambling I'm gonna try and clean my house.
Remember water challenge today We're trying to drink 100 oz. or more :)

TTYL!
Michelle

watkinsguru
09-16-2004, 11:28 AM
Just wanted to check in with everyone and tell you all about this great day I'm having. Breakfast is over,kitchen is cleaned. Bathroom is tidied, beds made, kids dressed, I'm dressed. All floors are vaccumed and/or swept. I bought Scooby Doo 2 for the kids last night and we watched it last night, but they want to watch it again and Andrew loves it. So we're gonna try to school while he watches it, maybe we can get that done then nap time will be free, free, free.
Spryng, yes dh got a little better as the night went on. He laughed and such during Scooby Doo and played with the kids, but I hate when he gets so moody, nothing to do with me, but takes it out on me then everything is suppose to be fine. So I didn't really talk to him last night, not because I was mad,but I didn't know how he was and didn't feel like him snapping at me. So I just did my thing and quietly went to bed. He was okay this morning but not great.
Michelle, when it comes to working outside of the home. I understand, after a bit I would start to miss them. But for a couple of hours to get things done that are easier to do w/o the kids is great. I wanted to go to the new coffee house here and try it, but I can't with the kids.
Today is beginning great and I'm in a good mood and I'm ready to take on the day. After school I'll do some laundry, don't have alot but will work on it. Dinner will be premade brisket and ribs, salad, tea and something else for a side. Can't wait.
TTYL

mompen
09-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Spryng,
I am up for some flylady challenges today! My house is straight to the average person but for the white glove test...... I fail hands down.....lol

Jill,
I know you are not up yet but I just wanted to say Hi! Hope you have a good day :)

Michelle,
I'm waiting for the pics :) HI TAYLOR :) :) :) hehe

Crystal,
I know you should have gotten a break last night! I wish we lived close and we could take turns babysitting for each other for breaks :) That would be so nice :) Glad today is such a great day for you :)

Hi Emily and Welcome :wave: We are always glad to have new faces and we welcome you with open arms :)

Spryng,
Well at any rate I think the suit Bubba had on was adorable. Did he think he was big stuff? I'm 5'3" but because I am so huge... :( those dresses look horrible on me. I am keeping my fingers crossed for dh! When does vacation start?

Deana,
It sounds like you have had such upbeat spirits lately! I am so proud of you and proud to call you my friend :D .

We are just lounging around the house.. I made the kiddos french toast for breakfast and it is washed and cleaned up... I gave Rubie a bath, we are all dressed but I haven't started on any housework... :( YUK

TTYL :) Just checking in..... I haven't been here in like 1 hour..... :lol:

Loveliam
09-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Whew! DH is fine and so far there are no deaths in the Mobile area. Unfortuneately, the Pensacola, FL area had some deaths. One of the deaths was an 8-year-old girl in a mobile home. But, if you live in a mobile home, why wouldn't you evacuate and evacuate early???? I mean. you know mobile homes are dangerous with high winds.

Cindi- sorry Christian had a hard time with the surgery :( Hope he's doing a lot better today. How far from ATL are you? So far it's just rainy here, but I know the winds are coming later today.

Kristin- you're doing so well! That's awesome.

Jill- as a Florida girl (grew up there) and now a Southerner in general, I can tell you that unless it's a really bad Hurricane, you get used to tropical storm-type weather. I mean, Florida has intense thunderstorms, but you're just used to it as part of life. So, tropical storm type weather doesn't phase me much. However, I do get nervous about serious hurricanes like Charley and Ivan; and also the tornados associated with it- I hate, hate, hate tornadoes. They completely freak me out - maybe a result of my brief time living in Kansas LOL. Glad you had fun with your retail therapy (that's what I call it, and I need a lot of it!).

Hi, Jaymi! We miss you.

Geri- I've been watching DH all the time too :) Well, if I can come over for Margaritas this time, we can meet up for Sangria next time - my treat, okay?

Spryng- sounds like these pills may not agree with you. I now do laundry every day if there is enough for one load; or every other day if there isn't enough. It makes it so much easier because there's only a small amount to fold, etc. and I stay on top of it soooo much more.

Cheri- hi! Sounds like your modifying your eating plan to better fit in with your real life, which is good.

Michelle- what will Yugi's weight range be when he's full grown? Duncan weighs 10 or 11 lbs. Yeah, as you can tell, DH kind of enjoys the whole adrenaline rush thing. Which is funny because I am not a risk taker AT ALL. But we balance each other out in that area- he gets me to try some stuff I wouldn't, and I get him to be more careful than he normally might!

Crystal- glad today is going well for you :) I have no idea when DH might get home. I'm praying Jeanne misses the US and sails off into the Atlantic so he could possibly be home for more than a day :( I can't wait for your sono!

Penny- glad you're all okay :D :) Hmm . . . are you watching Fox network news, or your local Fox station?

Deana- I'm glad DH's job is safe, but it must be stressful having all those lay offs :(

Emily- welome :) I'm Leigh, SAHM to one almost 11-month-old boy named Liam. I'm so looking forward to getting to know you better- this is a great group of women! I am in Atlanta . . . are you close to Atlanta?

Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers :) I greatly appreciate it. Liam wants a playmate, so I'll check in later.

sydsmom
09-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Good Morning Ladies !!! Welcome to the 2 new ones, I forgot to welcome you Chirly..er...chily? sorry - can't remember! MOM BRAIN! !! :lol: and to you also Emily !! I am SAHM to Sydney (will be 3 in 2 weeks) and currently wondering if I am PG again! haha, long story.....I have a doc appt on monday. Welcome, WElcome to both of you !!! POst often and try and keep up with us !!! It is well worth it! ;)

Spryng - I have thought about going to like a planned parenthood or something....not sure if they do the blood tests though, I think I am going to call today and see, I just can't wait !!!!!!!!! :) I as looking at area rugs and perfume on emaby last ngiht...then Jill interupted :lol: Just kidding... :) BUt I really loiked the smell of the new Tommy Hilfiger "True Star" the beyonce promotes. It smells so good, I kept the samples from the news paper and rubed them on myself to see if I really liked it on me ! :lol: Dh said he even likes it too! :)

Crystal - glad you are so positive today. You sure get alot done between posts ! I wish I could accomplish all that in one hour!!!!!! Since dd is at school, I am going to try and get a little more done that she would normally "help" with..does that make sense? shes a good helper however, I can get it done sooooo much faster!

Michelle - yeah - you are back, we missed you !!!! :) Can't wait to see the pics! THat is so nice about the computer, I bet she is excited to have her own!!!

Deana - thanks for the continuing "pg spirit" haha! That recipe sounds really good !!!!! and too funny about the pics as blackmail for ds! I have some of those too for Sydney!

PEnny - SO GLAD YOU ARE SAFE! (((HUGS))) SYdney is feeling so much better not really sure what was wrong....doc thinks just a growth spurt and maybe a little viral infection. Either way, she is doing great and loving pre-school !!!! I think I might try the clinic thing today though and get my blood tested so I can just know !

Jill - thanks for the fun chat last night, we are such geeks !!!!! How did your clothes fit? did you go right to bed or stay up -= it was 1AM here so I was headed straight for the sheets! :)

well - I am going to try and finish the laundry around here, and go get some more water! :) I am on my second 16oz glass today! WHOO-HOOO!!!!!

oh Cindi - how is Christian doing this morning? keep us posted!

Ricci - where are ya girl? DI? There are so many of you that I miss :) :)

WHOOPS I almost forgot !! I have QOTD !!! :) Okay - here it is !!!
IF you could be any animal, what would you be and why !?!?!?! I think that I would be some sort of bird, I would love to be able to fly and lay eggs instead of childbirth! :lol: :)

okay well, I will try and check in later! :) TTYL !!!

sydsmom
09-16-2004, 12:15 PM
I knew I would miss someone !!! HI Leigh - thanks for saying that :) I feel better lately...even if i am not pg, I should keep up the healthy eating,etc. DUH! Hope dh gets to come home soon !!! :)

BIGtimeLOSER
09-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Still no drinking from my baby, and he is nauseated, but nothing will come of it, because nothing is there!!! I feel so bad for him and will call the doc after I post, I think!

Leigh...I am 40 miles West of Atlanta and about 20 minutes from the Alabama line. Lots of wind and rain here so far, but it's gonna get much worse than it is now, I would think. Glad dh is safe!

1 16.9 oz water down!! Only 5 more to go! What about the rest of you????

Baby is up, gotta go!!!

Chubba
09-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Good morning ladies! :coffee:

Crystal...glad you're having a great morning so far. Don't be too jealous of me..I think I was gone a total of an hour! Could have been longer but I always feel guilty for leaving the boys home with Dh...why? Who knows :lol: .

Penny...so very glad you're safe and sound. I was really worried last night. And it's great to have you back posting! Boy I wish I was as HUGE as you are :lol: . OK, so I'm about 6 inches taller than you, but still ;) . You're doing great lady.

Michelle... yeah...2 days off! I'm going to try to stay awake for chat tonight. :lol: I need to color my hair and I don't do that until Tony goes to bed so by 10:00 I'll be done and can come down here. :D No, I didn't have anything to drink last night. I was too busy shoving food into my mouth while stressing over a storm that would not affect my area :mad: .

Leigh... can I tell you how sick to my stomach I felt last night? I can only imagine how you were feeling! Even had a very bad dream that I won't go into detail about :( . The first thing I did was turn on the tv this morning in hopes of seeing your Dh and said THANK GOD the minute he came on. I just had this horrible feeling last night and was so happy that it was for naught! Hope the weather in Atlanta doesn't get too bad. I see you're in the tornado watch area. Ooooooooo...Sangria...haven't had that in years but I remember how good it is :lol: . I'm there!

Spryng...3 months of sickness? You may as well be pregnant!! Can you come chat tonight?? Jill..you too? And everyone else? Now Spryng, I told you that you have to fold that laundry when it comes out of the dryer didn't I??? Then put it away right away!!!

Cheri...ok, I'll force myself to drink your portion of tequilla too :lol: . Did you see me waving at you in TX?? Sounds like you're still doing great.

Emily..welcome! Post often...it's sooooo fun here.

Kristin...hope you have a wonderful anniversary celebration with or without the alcohol! Woooo hooooo!! I'm sure PP does pregnancy tests...but it's odd that you keep getting neg results from the home tests. When did you do the last one?

Ricci..where are you?? How's school going?

Deana...I'll be over with the margarita's...but absolutely NO cleaning will be done . I don't believe in mixing work and play!! :lol:

Cindi...how's Christian this morning? OK, gotta run upstairs and get my water so I can work on that 100 oz. I have to take Tony to the dr this afternoon so I have to try to drink most of it this morning so I can stop peeing by then. :lol:

Hi to anyone I missed. I'll be back later!!

Chubba
09-16-2004, 12:30 PM
QOTD....cat...so I can have an attitude and no one could say anything about it!!

spryng
09-16-2004, 12:30 PM
OK, I still haven't got off the computer, lol.I did make me some breakfast and I brought it in here to eat and have been here since then. But I have been writing out my menu for this next week and my grocery list, so it was productive, lol.
QOTD--- I think a bird too... I remember praying to God as a little girl that I would turn into a bird and be able to fly away from my family. Sad I know, But I prayed for that often. My parents fought all the time (physically fought) and us kids were always in the crossfire. My brother got hit in the head once by a glass ketchup bottle because my parents were throwing things at each other. So a bird is what I wanted to be, lol. Sorry to go on and on.

Kristin, I don't think planned parenting does blood tests but most regular walk in clinics will... just call around. I never thought to look on ebay for perfume! What a great idea! I am in love with estee lauders Beautiful, I keep all the magazine pages it is on, lol... I just can't afford it yet. But I may go see what I can find it for on there.

Leigh, so glad your dh was just fine. Looks like alot of newcasters were in Mobile, I saw a few from the morning shows there today... was your dh with any of them? And it's normal what these pills are doing to me right now, I know it will work itself out.

Penny, yes Bubba thought he was something in that suit, lol... and he looked adorable in it. I should take them down for pictures soon before he outgrows it. And you are NOT huge girl!! I think you are very pretty and you definitely don't look what you weigh, you must carry it well. But when you get to goal you will look fantastic!! How are those pills working for you?

Crystal, so glad to see you in a great mood!! It's contagious you know, lol.. I was smiling as I read your post. :) You really deserve a great day, you work so hard with such little appreciation, but we appreciate you!!! :)

Michelle, that's great about that computer!! I'm sure Taylor loves it. How are you liking your cross bow?? Is your dh using it too?

Well, guess I should finally get off this computer, lol... but I'll be back later! :)

AuntieEm
09-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Thanks, Everyone, for such warm welcomes!

Spryng - I'm on WW too, the Core program. I absolutely love it - I'm a fan of whole foods/good carb eating, and this will work for me (as long as I stick to it, of course!). I joined a week ago today, but won't be going to WI tonight for the rain/winds thanks to Ivan. Precooking meals, washing up all of our clothes, getting candles and radios ready for tonight if the power goes out. The rain is already hard at times, wind blowing, but they're saying we'll get the worst this afternoon. Fun fun fun.

Crystal - we're supposed to play school catch-up too. But I can't seem to get anyone away from the Weather Channel and Ivan (or myself off the computer, for that matter)! If I can get them to do math, LA, and Bible, I may just call it a day and have them update me on Ivan.

Michelle - beautiful Montana! Dh and I have plans to go there "someday" - whenever we get the kids out of the house lol. Great deal on the pc!

Penny - what part of LA are you in? My mom's from New Orleans, and her sister is on the MS Gulf Coast, so we've been in close contact with the family. My cousin lives in the French Quarter, so she and the kids went to stay in Hattiesburg while her husband stayed to guard the store. Before my mother starts dialysis, we were hoping to make trips to both LA and FL, but with the very active hurricane season so far I don't see it happening.

AuntieEm
09-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Cindi - I'm west of Atlanta in the Paulding/Carroll/Haralson tri-county area, 30 minutes from Alabama. Neat!

Geri - Thanks! Beautiful kids!

-Emily

watkinsguru
09-16-2004, 12:45 PM
QOTD: interesting question. I always thought being a bird would be really neat. I don't know what kind and I would like also the life of a cat but that would depend on my owner, LOL!!!

We got reading done while the others watched Scooby Doo 2. I feel so refreshed with that done. Now I can nap after lunch and that makes me almost the happiest mama ever. Ridiculous I know. Hadn't talked to dh today, he's working at his grandparents, roofing they're new carport, that I'm sure, will put him in a bad mood on top of his already bad mood.
Btw, Alisa's reading is going so well. I am so happy with her and one on one is what it takes, but that's okay with me. Whatever works.
Has anyone seen Scooby Doo 2, I usually can't get into movies like this, movies made for kids, but it really is a hoot.

Leigh, glad dh is okay. I didn't know the name of the other one brewing. Is it a storm or hurricane? Hope he comes home soon.

Hello to Kristin, I can't wait for you to go to the doc. Now you're gonna have to have a blood test to know for sure, right? How long will it take for the results. I am not a patient person when it comes to things like this. And then my sono is Tuesday, we're all gonna have a busy and fun week next week.

Also, don't forget, dh's vasectomy is tomorrow!!! I am soooooooooooooo happy about it.

Okay gotta check my mail and think about lunch. TTYL

watkinsguru
09-16-2004, 12:51 PM
There were like 5 posts while I was working on mine.
Emily, glad to see you around. We got our school done. I know you'll feel better if you do.
Spryng, thanks for your words.
Geri, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that feels guilty for leaving the kids with dh. I've wondered why myself and do I ask him how long he'll be gone when he goes somewhere, NO. Does he ask me how long I'll be gone, YES. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

mompen
09-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Hi Ladies.....

Still me.......lol

WE really need a cleaning challenge for this am!

Spryng,
Listen to Geri! Get your butt off the bed and get that laundry done!!!!!

Crystal,
Sounds like you are doing 100 percent better! Glad today is going well... How is your mom's house going?

Geri,
Hope Tony's appt goes well today! Can't wait to hear how much he weighs!

Emily,
We are only 45 minutes from Kenner. We are outside of Hammond. I hope the core is working great for you!!!

Kristen,
COOL QUESTION!!!!!! :) I gotta think about the answer....lol

Cindi,
You are racking up on the water! I better get to it! I sure hope Christian drinks soon! We won't even take a popcicle???

Ok I am gonna get off here and do some flylady stuff :) Have a good one!!!

watkinsguru
09-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Penny, Mom's kitchen is done, has been for a while. I'll have to take pictures and have them developed on a cd but then again, I won't have before pictures. Okay gonna start on some lunch.

BIGtimeLOSER
09-16-2004, 01:12 PM
I live in Carroll County! We are neighbors!! We will have to get together one day!

OKAY girls! I have to be a mommy on a mission and go get popsicles and ice cream and all that good stuff for my baby(I forgot those things last night at the store, dumb me!!), the nurse wouldn't even tell the doc I called until I do this or they will admit him!! So say some prayers while I brave this storm in my van...it doesn't like these high winds!

DRINK THAT WATER, CHICKS!!!!

I'll do a cleaning challenge or two when I get back!

Bayleysmom
09-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Well ladies I just want to say something real quick before I head off to the gym. I just felt like I needed to say it.

I have one daughter and although I know it might not be as much stress as some of you with more kids it's still a child who wants and needs you all day and who can wear on your nerves when days are not perfect. I have just as much of a right to go out and have some ME time as anyone else does and I don't think it's right for others to make me feel guilty. I am not mad and don't mean this to be rude but i just feel like my job is hard too and I deserve to feel that's it's OK for me to go out by myself every once in awhile. With that said I hope everyone has a great day and those that need ME time will get it. I'll be back later to get personal and to let you know how much water I have drank. None yet so far and I am already behind because of being on the west coast. Don't worry I will catch up!

TTYL

watkinsguru
09-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Jill, please please please don't think I don't agree with you. We ALL need ME time, heck even people with no kids need time away from every day life. EVERY body needs that time for prayer and meditation. I really NEEDED it yesterday, some days I just want it others I NEED it and that was yesterday and I didn't get it. Believe me when I say being a mom is hard, hard, hard and you're a mom to one or to fifteen.
I always think of those times when Spryng feels like getting out and because she doesn't have dh home with her each night she can't. I just can't imagine not being able to at some point. Yes, you and me and all of us and everyone deserve that ME time.
Hope you have fun at the gym

BIGtimeLOSER
09-16-2004, 02:00 PM
I am happy just to get a grocery trip by myself , taking the kids with me always blows my mind and my budget, LOL...I don't get much "me" time with 7 kids, but I don't really need it. Why do you think I had so many kids, because of my love for them and I feel incomplete if much time goes by without at least one of them around to bug me! LOL!! I am not normal and we all know that, so don't think I am directing my comment to anyone, just giving my perspective because it's a little different!! Gotta mix it up a little! But even having one, is a job, especially when it's a baby under the age of two and they need so much from Mom still. Being a Mom is the hardest, yet most rewarding job there is, no matter how many kids you have! We are nurturing our future little grown ups, what a responsibility that is!! So if we need some down time to be a better parent, then we should take it and never feel guilty about it!!

I decided against the trip to the store, I got Christian to drink milk out of a medicine dropper and he is actually eating a few ramen noodles at the moment!! So we will see how it goes! I am freezing some of the gatorade to make a slushy with too.

Think I might try one of my Boca burgers for lunch...

2 waters down, 4 to go!!!!! Go Challengers go!!!

Chubba
09-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Yeah Christian!!!!

About 30 trips to the potty down....about 100 more to go ;) !!

CheriBrorsen
09-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey yall...

So glad DH is ok, Leigh and I agree I don't know why if you lived in a mobile home you wouldn't evacuate...but it is still sad :(

Geri...I'm laughing at you. Now I don't want you to do anything by force...I mean if the tequilla is too much you can just sit it off to the side. :) And yes I did see you wave, I asked the boys...''who is *that* crazy woman waving at us'' :lol:

FWIW hubby doesn't need to lose much weight...well maybe 20 lbs, he's just decided that heart attacks are nothing to make as a life goal and so he wants to eat better. :)

Emily--Welcome. I'm Cheri wife to Donald and momma to Nathan Daniel and Elijah. I stay at home and homeschool too. And FUN another GA gal. :) I'm originally from GA but moved to TX last November. I'm coming home in October to visit though. YAY. I graduated high school and grew up in Carrollton but have lived in Buford, went to college in Cleveland and lived in both Tallaposa and Bremen. :)

Ok...I was planning on more personals but I've gotta do Nathan's reading lesson. :)

OH Crystal...school is going fabulously. I am loving it, just finding time to get all the house stuff done and such has been my issue. But We are using FIAR and I cannot say how much I absolutely LOVE that cir. I'm adding a lot to it...but it is so great as a base. Nathan is on lesson 16 of 100 Easy Lessons and it picking it right up. I have to say one of my proudest things is knowing I'm teaching him to read. FUN. :)

Ok...really gotta run more later girlies. :)

Bayleysmom
09-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Ahhhhh so now I am home but mom has the baby so I can run tons of errands in town today. Bayley would not have made it I took her with. One of those errands being taking back that awesome coat I got cause I got a small because I didn't look at the tag uhggggggg! Anyway I hope to get back in a reasonable amount of time so I can address you all personally, there is a lot to say! For now I just want to say I'm glad those of you in hurrricane territory are safe, I couldn't sleep last night cause of it! Prayers were answered I can say that much. Just hi and bye for now. I'll be back later! I have about 32 ounces of water down and will not leave the house till it's 64 so watch out ladies I'm coming on strong!!! TTYL

BIGtimeLOSER
09-16-2004, 03:14 PM
We just made it through our first tornado warning! All is well!

Christian is napping now, he had about 5 droppers of milk and a few noodles and broth. I hope he does that often, at this rate we won't get far!!

I am on bottle 3 of my water!

Jill, you are making up for lost time aren't you???? LOL!!

Going to go clean something while I have electricity!

Love to all, and don't panic if I go offline for a while. Who knows what will happen in this kind of weather.

spryng
09-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Ok, so I did stay away for a little bit, lol. Did I get any housework done?? Well I did unload the dishwasher and re-load it... I still have one more load to do. That is about it so far. But it's progress. I hope to get more done after nap time.

Cindi, was the tornado close to you?? Boy I hate that season... my house would never withstand a tornado yet there is no where to go. Sucks. Glad christian is eating and drinking a little.

Jill, so sorry about the coat! Did they have a larger one you can exchange it for? I hope so. And I completely agree with you about needing alone time. We all need it.

Cheri, your homeschooling sounds like fun! How many hours do you do it each day??

Geri, doing great on your water! What else (besides peeing over the moon ;) ) are you doing today?

Crystal, that was so sweet that you think of me when someone needs alone time... I guess I knew what I was getting into when dh went OTR. But yes, there are nights I wish I could just dissapear and clear my head without the kids clinging to my legs, lol... but hopefully my dh will be home every night very soon and that will change.

Penny, did you get alot of cleaning done?? Come smack me around a little so I'll shape up! LOL...

Emily, I'm doing the Core program too! Have you checked out the Core boards on this site? I moderate them and there is lots of good support over there too!

Ok, I'm going down for a nap. TTYL!

BIGtimeLOSER
09-16-2004, 04:07 PM
They are saying now that a tornado hit a couple of miles down the road from here, but I didn't realize it at the time. These are those weird tornados that pop in and out of the clouds so fast you can't do much about them.

I am going to go now that it's calmer to find my baby some popsicles. I don't think it will help any. He just don't want anything.

I haven't gotten anything done, so someone come smack me too!

watkinsguru
09-16-2004, 04:09 PM
okay, got about an hour and fifteen minute nap in today. That was so nice. Next, I'll pick up the kitchen and get some tea brewing.

Spryng, glad you're getting up getting things done.

Jill, glad you're getting your errands ran, that always makes you feel better.

Cindi, sorry about the tornado warning but glad to hear Christian is getting something down. Does each day get better and when should he be back to normal? Any idea?

Cheri, glad school is going well. Since we started reading the actual reading book which is Bob Jones, she has been doing very well. I have been so proud. Teaching someone to read has GOT to be the hardest thing to do, but you're right the pride we receive from it will have no comparison.

Well, mil is working with dh today and she has said that he's quiet but working with a good attitude and even mentioned about not building which isn't good only because that means I'll be in this small house for I don't know how much longer because dh doesn't think there is any other option. He won't ask my thoughts and he would disagree with them anyways. But we'll see. AFter his vasectomy tomorrow and through the weekend he'll be home alot and maybe that will give us the time to talk.
Off to do something.

Loveliam
09-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Okay, I can't post for more than a minute because we just lost power, but I'm just wanted to make sure you all knew that we're okay. I'm shutting down the computer now to conserve battery power and am off to light some candles LOL. TTYL.

mompen
09-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Evening Ladies...

Yeah Listen to me.....

I am complaining.....

I have a terrible headache this evening :( My hubby made an appt with the investment people and we were there for 2 1/2 hours :(

It just gave me an instant migraine!!!

I am gonna lay down before karate and come back with you gals later...

Hopefully when I am back in full force! :)

LUV YA LOTS!

sydsmom
09-16-2004, 06:52 PM
hi gals no time for a long post..my server was down thois after noon when I got back from picking up dd and I had taken a half hour and doing this great long, personal post, and of course, it lost it. I was so frusterated! GGGRRRR !!! oh well, anyway, now I have to get ready to take sydney to grammy and grampa's and get my butt to work..of course now that everything is working well on here! :lol: Anyway, after I get back, I will come and try again to get personal! :) I love you all! :grouphug:

Bayleysmom
09-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Oh Geez how am I supposed to keep up! Now I know why people come in and out of here it's cuz if you aren't here a million times a day you can never keep up, well I guess I will try. So errands went went. Exchanged one shirt and got another in a different size and looked for that coat in a bigger size but it was no where to be found :( Oh well I think I have enough coats anyway. Grocery shopping was good too, nothing big just boring old food. LOL So tonight we are going to my sil for dinner and survivor and she is making beef stroganoff so I am bringing the salad and some WW pasta so I can at least have a little of it. They use full fat everything so it won't be even close to what I am supposed to have. I figure I'll fill up on salad. Wish me luck. Anway that's it for me today. I will be watching Hunter again today. He is a really good baby and it works out well if I can get Bayley down for her second nap right before he gets here so then I only have the one to look after and can still get some things done. Oh and one more thing Bayley decided to get into her poopy diaper over at Grandmas so after I post we are going to the bath! Gross I know but I know you all can probably relate!

Crystal glad you got that nap in. I'm sure you feel better. You sure sound like you got a lot done. I'm not sure I could get all that done with three kids and one on the way. Good for you.

Penny so glad you are safe!! I was really worried last night. Sorry you have such a bad headache now. :( That stinks, hopefully it will get better soon! I like those names you mentioned earlier, very cute! I'm up for flylady tomorrow if you are?

Deana thanks for the compliment! :) I keep a tight reign on him! LOL Just kidding! He's a keeper though! Hope you are getting some things done. You crack me up!!!

Hi Emily I'm Jill SAHM to Bayley who will be one on Sunday! So glad you joined us, I'm sure you will love it here if you can make it enough during the day. It's a fast thread but it's great! Tell us more! BTW Adorable Avatar, is that your daughter?

Spryng glad you are feeling better today, I hope the side effects from those pills doesn't last very long. That can be a bummer. I've never had that effect from them before but they might be a different kind. Are they the low dose of hormones one? Or regular? I hope you are getting some stuff done, i would hate to have to bring the whip! LOL TMI I got my menu all done, I have one meal from Saving dinner and the rest is stuff I've had already that I know we like, for example the avocado swiss chicken, mmmmmmmmmm I can't wait! Hows dh? Still safe I hope!

Michelle so glad you have the night off!! I'm so excited. I hope I am home in time to chat with you all but it might be too late, I can't remember if survivor is 1 or 2 hours tonight. Figures the one night everyone picks to chat and I'm not here even though every other night I am sitting here wanting to chat with you all! :( Boo Hoo sob story I know! Hope you are having a good day. Awesome about that computer!!

Leigh so glad to hear dh is safe, it's so scary hearing about this stuff. I totally get what you are saying about growing up in that kind of weather and only being scared when it's big hurricanes and such. I'm the same way with forest fires unless they are creeping down the mountain for town which never happens. Just glad you are all safe. I hope your power gets turned on soon so you can update us. Retail therapy! Thats a good one!!

Hello my late night friend Kristin! Thanks for chatting with my last night, I stayed up a little later and tried on my clothes and then watched the news and searched for weather in everyones area that I thought might be affected by the hurricane just to make sure there wasn't anything really bad going on yet. Then I went to bed and couldn't sleep, partly from the hurricane and partly cause I was cracking up so much while we were chatting that I felt like I had shared you Dr. P!! Anyway hope you are having a non-productive day just like you wanted! LOL :)

Hmmmmmmm QOTD I would be a horse cause they are fast and usually skinny, but they are always constantly eating! Good one huh? I bet you all want to be a horse now!!

Cindi glad your little one is getting something down, I'm sure he will start eating more soon. Did those poscicles work? How's that tornado? I can't believe you didn't know! So scary!! I hope all is well at your house today (besides tornados and kids that won't eat) LOL And we all know you are crazy girl! That's why we like you!! LOL

Geri hows all the peeing going? I'm not doing so well since I was in town for awhile but I will try to catch up during Oprah. I'm not sure if I can chat or not tonight! AHHH I hope so though.

Cheri nice to hear from you again! Sounds like you have been busy with school and such. Sounds like it is going goo! Good for you on the diet with your hubby. I wish my dh would go on a diet with me, he doesnt really need one but it would make it easier for me! LOL

Oh my that took a long time! I really need to get Bayley in the bath so she can nap and I can get a few things done around here, Thats the only thing I don't like about errand day is this place seems to fall apart when I am not even home! So is anyone a survivor fan? Our family is and before we all started popping out kids we would get together every week at someone else's house and eat dinner and watch survivor. It's a lot of fun. Not so much lately though with all these kids and small houses so we just get together with one couple at a time. Anyway hope you all are having a good day. I'll TTYL!!

BIGtimeLOSER
09-16-2004, 07:12 PM
My 4th water bottle down!! Just thought I'd let you know I am actually going to complete this challenge.

Off to pee...AGAIN! :lol: :lol: :lol:

spryng
09-16-2004, 07:48 PM
I'm back!
Dinner was delicious... I just love homemade fries and oven fried fish. It hit the spot. The kids ate well too. I am so excited about survivor tonight!!! But I'll have to tape it because I'm going to a friends house at 7:30 for an hour. But when I get home I'll be ready to see it!

Well DH is on his way out of florida now, on his way to Denver! So I'm glad he'll be nice and safe now.

Cindi, you are doing great with your water!! I think I've got in 4 glasses so far today... I know I can do better but I just get tired of water, you know? Maybe I'll add some lemon to it and let that help flush me out too.

Jill, the pills are ortho tricyclen lo... they aren't the lowest dose but next to the lowest. I'm not really worried about it though, I know my system will balance out soon and I won't be sick anymore and knowing I'm protected from pregnancy makes me feel great too. So it's worth it. And bring your whip because I still haven't done anything else in here, lol.

Penny, hope that headache goes away!

Leigh, how bad is the storm? Did you lose your power?

Crystal, I'm excited about your DH's vasectomy too! LOL! I know how much you have looked forward to this. Let us know how he does.

Cindi, did you go get popsicles? Scary about that tornado. But then even if you have warning they are still scary because you can't always hide from them. Do you have a place to go if they hit?? (in your house I mean)

Well, I need to hop in the shower and shave my legs, lol. What time is everyone planning on chatting tonight?? Let me know and I'll try to be there!

Chubba
09-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Jill....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for reminding me that tonight is Survivor night! I would have been so peeved if I missed it! I totally forgot it was Thursday today. I know the Apprentice starts tonight too so I guess I'll miss the Donald calling someone stupid in the boardroom.

Crystal... could Dh be moody over the vasectomy? Men (at least mine) can be such babies when it comes to their parts :lol: . Maybe that's freaking him out a bit?

Cheri... you're too funny... set the tequilla aside? That's like saying "pass" when the chocolate comes out :rolleyes: :lol3: Glad you could stop by and say hi.

Spryng.. chat around 10 central? I'm really going to try to be here.

Cindi... :blah: :blah::blah::blah: I'm on my 5th bottle of water....:blah: :lol: OK, so I've done 48 oz so far today and feel like I've spent all day in the potty :hyper:. I drank a bit over a half a pot of coffee this morning too so that didn't help.

Leigh... I love candles. I think I'll pretend that my power's out! Hope you're safe!!!

Hi Kristin and Penny! I'll be back later. I have More water to drink :p :lol:

AuntieEm
09-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Well, limbs limbs everywhere! Supposedly more storms to watch are coming up. Power was out most of the afternoon so that gave me a chance to catch up with finishing the kids' school, fold and put up clothes, etc. As soon as the power came back on, we all rushed through showers and I made dinner quickly in case the lights go out again!

This most certainly is a fast moving thread! I'll try to respond to everyone, but high-maintanence dh is home, so I can't stay on for long!

Cindi - yes, we'll have to get together sometime! It's so neat to put a face with a name! What are your kids' ages?

Cheri - Hi! You've been all over! I'm originally from Marietta, then moved to Douglasville, then Dallas, now Temple (dh keeps taking us further and further out, but more for the $$$, and I don't have to commute to Atlanta to work anymore so the distance is fine!). It's like we move into a home, fix it up, sell it, move again.....We moved into this house 5 months ago and I'm not going anywhere!! Tired of moving! I'm doing 100 EZ with Gracie too - I really like this, I think better than HOP and a few other phonics programs I've seen. It is exciting!

Spryng - I'm really enjoying Core! I hate that I can't go to WI tonight, as I'm really anxious to see week 1 results, but I"ll go to a Sat AM one. I do like the Core boards, very helpful!

Crystal - how is your dh with the decision for a vasectomy? My dh has an appt. for one on Oct. 2, and he's terrified! He is the biggest baby - he has to have valium just to have a cleaning at the dentist (no, I'm not kidding), I honestly don't know if he can go through with it. {Although if I get pg again, he'll wish he had Lol!}

Jill - Lol! Ah yes, very familar with feces fingerpaint - blech! I loved my children as babies, but I don't miss those diaper days!! Yes my avatar is Gracie, 4yo. We went on a Pirate Cruise, so that's her in her getup. After having boys, I really wanted to have a girl, but let me tell you, they are different! I'm so out of my league with her, that prissy little thing!!

I hope I didn't leave anyone out, please forgive me if I did!

Keep safe, everyone! Talk to tomorrow!

-Emily

Chubba
09-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Emily,

Don't tell your dh about this.... they told my dh it would be a little uncomfortable for a couple of days. That's also what his brother said and a few other guys we know....well my dh is such a baby about his man parts that he was still whining after a week. He got mad when I rolled my eyes at him...well, I only had 2 sections what do I know???? LOL Good luck!

CheriBrorsen
09-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Emily

Temple=Jones BBQ= YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY. =) Yes I've lived a few places...heh, my dad is a pastor and so we moved when he got a different church.

Spryng--we probably spend 2-3 hrs a day doing school, just depending on what we cover that day. We do reading/phonics everyday. We do handwriting every day. But like today we did reading, handwriting, math (tanagrams & block patterns), art (designed a quilt block based on the geometric pieces of felt I'd cut out) and did a few geometric color sheets...we talked about art mediums and expressions etc and all this tied back into our base book that we are reading on a daily basis (The Rag Coat). We are also doing some supplemental reading (about quilts, coal mines & appalachia) before bed.

Crystal--I really like 100 Easy Lessons and plan to go to the Bob Books in Jan when we wrap this up and then onto Rod and Staff readers.

Ok...my kids are wild I'm going to take them to the park before hubby heads to work. :)

later gators...

spryng
09-16-2004, 08:56 PM
OK, one more quick reply from me then I have to head out.

Geri survivor and the apprentice aren't overlapping tonight so you'll get to see both!! :) And I'll be at chat so you can call me your sweet pet names, LOL!

Cheri, enjoy the park!

Emily, glad you got your power back on!

Ok, I'm out of here for now. Sorry this was so short but I knew if I didn't read it now I'd be lost when I got home, lol. TTYL!

watkinsguru
09-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Alright ladies this will be my last post for the night, as I just put the kids down and I'm going to unwind alittle.

Geri, dh actually hasn't given his vasectomy a second thought. He says he'll probably get nervous when he goes tomorrow, but otherwise he's been handling it greatly.

Emily, dh KNOWS I refuse to have my tubes tied and he knows it's easier, cheaper and simpler for a man to do it and we really, really don't want anymore kids after this one. I'll let you know how it goes after tomorrow. When we first got married he absolutely was against it, but now you see.

Cheri, I found several Bob books at a garage sale this past summer and we're gonna use them when we take our breaks this year, like Christmas, fall, and so on. I have really looked into Rod and Staff, but it doesn't seem for me. Let me know how you like it though, I will give it a thought each year I'm sure.

Well, found out dh's real dad was in town tonight. Not good, he hates his dad. He just hopes he doesn't come around and think he's gonna stay long. He's only seen Ally once, never seen Andrew and doesn't even know I'm expecting. He lives in Oregon and never prewarns us when he's coming, he just shows up and dh and he ALWAYS get into it. I'll let you all know what comes of it.
Dh has been in a decent mood tonight and I guess I'll give him some "fun" later since he's got a BIG day tomorrow, LOL!!! I've had a great day all day and intend to tomorrow as well. I hope everyone has a nice evening, night and I'll post in the morning.
TTYL

mompen
09-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Hi-D-O!

:)
Jill,
Hope you have a great time at sil's!!! I can't believe Bayley's bday is this weekend! Is her party Saturday or Sunday? I bet you will be a cleaning freak tomorrow!

Spryng,
Did you ever get anything done? If not, we can challenge tomorrow! I just wanted to let you know that I took only two halfs of those pills so far. I try to only take them when I really need them.... so not that often

Cindi,
Thanks so much for the water challenge!!!!! Hope Christian is doing better! And I really hope you still have power!

Thanks to Cindi..... I am 100oz's Heavier!!!! YAH! I haven't had 100oz of water in a long time! It really filled me up!

Cheri,
Hope you don't have too much work this evening!

Geri,
What time is chat?? It is 9pm here and where is everybody??? Is it for 10? How was the appt???

Michelle,
Hope you can be here tonight! I really miss talking to you! I am still waiting for Yugi's new pic..... :)

Crystal,
Are you going to the appt with dh? I assume you have to drive him home? Hope tomorrow is a good day like today! Hope everything works out with dh's dad.

Leigh,
I sure hope your power did stay on! I am thinking of you :) Do your skin routine tonight :)

Kristen,
Sorry you lost your post! GRRRR!!!! :devil: That is the worst!

Well I am gonna get off here for a sec in PEE AGAIN!!!! :lol: Hopefully I will be back if I don't fall asleep!

Loveliam
09-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Whoo-hoo!! Good news all around. Power came back on after five hours (keep those fingers crossed that it stays on), and DH comes home tomorrow!!! :) :D :; :D I'm so excited. Liam is so obsessed with the lights for some reason. When the power went out and I lit candles, he kept pointing at all the lamps LOL. Maybe he can work for Georgia Power.

Kristin: do you often buy stuff from ebay? As you all know, I'm ebay queen :lol: I'm sure DH wishes it were never invented.

Cindi- Oh, I'm glad Christian is eating a bit!

Geri- how swwet that you were so worried about my DH :) Well, I was really worried, but began to feel better when he told me the mayor said that hotel was very safely constructed. Also, I guess Al Roker was at that hotel too. Okay, Sangria it is! I love the stuff.

Spryng- yuck :( The first pill I ever took made me sick like that. I mean, with real morning sickness- the kind I didn't even get while actually pregnant LOL. SO I switched to a different kind.

Emily- so your power was out during the day? Mine was out from 4pm until 10pm.

Crystal- I'm so glad your schedule allowed for a nap! Always a very good thing for every mommy. Oh, good luck to DH tomorrow- that's good that he isn't nervous.

Cheri- yes, you're right. It is still sad that people died from Ivan. Hope I didn't sound too harsh - I was angry at the idea of not evacuating when you have children to protect. But maybe I'm being too judgmental. Do your kids enjoy school a lot?

Penny- oh, the economic/financial migraine is a nasty one! That's like me when we go to do our taxes. LOL- my skin routine. I did it in the dark even! That's how dedicated I now am. Are you sleeping in the bathroom tonight? :D

Jill- glad you got a lot done today! That always makes me feel so productive. Sorry you had to return the jacket :( No fun. But maybe you'll find something to take it's place in the near future.

QOTD: For some reason, this is a super hard question for me to answer! I had to think about it all day. Which is strange because I love animals. If I were an animal, I'd have to be a well-fed, indoor one. I'd probably be a dog because I like dogs . . .

Things I've learned from this storm season: we need a battery lamp/lantern. Actually, we have one , but DH always takes it on the road with him. So, we clearly need another. I wish we had a small generator LOL. But that might be a bit extravagent for a two-bedroom condo! Poor Duncan was very nervous about the storm. I don't think ya'll have ever seen a pic of him, right? I'll post one.

mompen
09-16-2004, 11:42 PM
I was gonna ask that question for my qotd wednesday but I forgot....

Well I wanna know anyways.....lol

What pets does everyone have???

We have Rubie (of course) A Yorkshire Terrier
A calico cat (13 y.o.) named Sugar
6 chickens
2 turtles
1 bird

Ok today's qotd: I am thinking a dolphin maybe since they are the closest to humans!

Leigh,
What are relief for the lights to be back on! Congrats on getting in the skin care! Awesome!

I am gonna turn in early tonight! Dh has another investment appt in the am but I am gonna try to sneak out of this one....lol hehe
My head is finally feeling better..... thank goodness!

Loveliam
09-16-2004, 11:50 PM
Penny- we only have one fur-child. Our doggie Duncan. I was going to post a pic tonight, but it takes too long over phone lines, so that will be my task as soon as our high speed is back up. TTYL! I'm going to use the time Liam's asleep to get some reading done.

Deana1113
09-16-2004, 11:59 PM
CHATTY,CHATTY,CHATTY

I leave for the day and it takes me over an hour to catch up with everyone.

Welcome to Emily. I'm Deana, 36 yo sahm of Erik 16, Andrew 8, Matthew 7 and Abby 4. I live in Missouri.

I'm not going to try to get personal since it would take me another hour to go back and forth trying to catch everyone. Gonna head to chat in a minute to see who is there.

Cindi: Have you tried jello? The milk isn't good for him because it promotes mucous and he will get a thick feeling in his throat. The popsicles are a good idea as long as the cold doesn't bother his throat.

We spent the day on the road, seemed like. Went to Spring Hill to pick up an order for the gun shop, then to Cabela's (thought I would never get dh out of there) and then stopped at a huge antiques mall on the way home. No, we didn't make it all the way through....it's huge. By the time we got home it was after 5, then had to get supper, run to the store, feed everyone and then bedtime.

Dh's meeting at work got canceled tonight so we still don't know any more about the layoffs and shift changes than we did yesterday. He goes back to work tomorrow night so maybe he will get some insight then.

I ate so bad today GRRRRRRR!!!! We ate at Cabela's and I had a Venison Bratwurst loaded with saurkraut and grilled onions on a huge bun and a bag of baked Lay's chips. Then when we got home I had 2 chicken thighs left from supper last night and the rest of my mashed cauliflower. But I did start drinking water as soon as I got home. Only other things I had was a CF Diet Coke and a Diet Dr. Pepper....and of course my coffee this morning. I'm crossing my fingers that I didn't screw up too bad.

Still have to turn the eggs in the incubator, then heading to chat.

Chubba
09-17-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm in the chat room...please join me :)

Deana1113
09-17-2004, 12:07 AM
OH and QOTD: not sure. I think I would want to be any animal that isn't hunted.

Penny's question: 1 inside dog, a male beagle, Rimshot (dh named him after the dog in the Jim Varney Ernest movies, he a huge fan) 1 coondog, Buddy, 7 hens and one rooster.

Chubba
09-17-2004, 12:09 AM
I may as well post since no one's there yet.

Tony is 33" tall and 25lbs 15oz and he's almost 16 months old. The regular nurse was out today and I swear the replacement never gave a shot to a little one in her life! He got 2 shots and I swear she stuck him 4 times. I was holding down his arms and she should have been holding his leg and using 1 hand to give the shot...IDIOT! I was not a happy camper. Now we have to get a blood draw so they can check for lead and check his iron levels. At least the lab woman told me to come back when the regular girl was there because she wasn't used to drawing from a little one and she didn't want to hurt him. Anyway...he's all better now.

I didn't make it past 48 oz of water today. I'll try again tomorrow but I'm also working so I know I will drink at least 64 oz. I won't get as much coffee in before I leave :).

Leigh..glad you got your power back.

Deana...you can never leave for a day...what were you thinking???

OK, going back to chat.

Alora1978
09-17-2004, 12:49 AM
Hi girls! I was referred to this wonderful forum by Penny :). My name is Amy and I am a 25 year old SAHM to my four year old son, Chad. I am married to a wonderful man of almost five years... anniversary is in Oct. I love this site b/c I get so much encouragement from reading about everyone who has made a conscious effort to lose weight and keep it off for good. I know we all have our bad days, but we also have the power to uplift one another during those bad days and congratulate one another when someone does well!!! This is the kind of support I've been looking for. I am currently a member of TOPS and so far it has helped me lost almost 8 pounds. Only about 32 lb's to go... LOL. Well, hope everyone is doing okay and I just want to say that we are the HARDEST working women in America! Anyone who can be a nurse, coach, teacher, housekeeper, cook, taxi.. all in one day definately derserves a medal!

180/173.75/140 :)

watkinsguru
09-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Starting a new thread.