Weight Loss Support - I have a question....

View Full Version : I have a question....

skylark826
09-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Is it possible to lose about 100 pounds and NOT need cosmetic surgery to remove excess skin.

I mean, is it possible to lose 100 pounds and do weight training and have your skin become tight again???

rochemist
09-16-2004, 12:25 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

Kinda putting the cart before the horse? But this should answer your questions. Go gently, one day at a time.

Chris

Jennifer 3FC
09-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Skylark, that is a great thread that Chris listed. I hope you are one of the lucky ones that has little to no sagging skin. I didn't. Mine fell like a deflated basketball and I had a tummy tuck. It IS possible that you will not need one. Read that link for the details. Is most of your excess weight in one spot?

Sheila53
09-16-2004, 01:01 AM
Although I've only lost 79 so far, I've been lucky in that I haven't had the excess skin issue. Now, I do have problem areas, but these are areas that I've always had (saddlebag thighs, and a roll around the middle) no matter what weight I am at. I'm 51, by the way.

I would say, however, that I would rather lose the weight and have the saggy skin than not lose the weight.

skylark826
09-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks for your responses! I was not asking so that I could decide if my skin will snap back so it was not a cart before the horse kind of thing.

What I wanted was for others who have lost the weight to answer about how their skin reacted. I always thought that all people who lost alot of weight need to have surgery, especially that is how they make it seem on television. But I know that some people scar very easily and that would be terrible. To be happy with all that weight loss and then to have scarring!

GreatBigMonsterMomma
09-16-2004, 04:33 PM
I am down 74 pounds from my highest weight...I have some loose skin, but it's not real visible right now to anyone but me. :) Whether your skin is elastic enough to avoid the limp balloon thing is a matter of genetics. I am cursed. :lol: After 2 pregnancies, I have stretchmarks that almost meet in the center of my tummy. One more kid and they probably will! :dizzy: But I don't scar too badly; 8 months after younger girl was born my c-section scar is visible only as a slightly raise and slightly whiter line. So I'm not worried about the scars from when I (hopefully) get the loose skin taken off.