Support Groups - Pre-TTC: Are you losing weight before getting pregnant? Join me!

GoldieFun
09-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Hi ladies! Well, I just joined this site a few weeks ago and I've been really liking it! I have moticed chicks from all different sections who are trying to lose weight before trying to concieve, as I am, and I thought maybe we could get together and start our own group!?

:bb:

So, I guess I'll start!

Name: Lauren, 32
SO: DH, Stuart, 30 (Just married...8/8/04)
Weight-loss plan: South Beach Diet
TTC target date (to begin): 1/1/05

Anyone else out there?

GoldieFun
09-14-2004, 09:22 AM
No one out there is trying to get skinny before baby-making!? :P

Bayleysmom
09-30-2004, 01:55 PM
keep posting here so that this thread gets put at the top and I'm sure it will catch someones eye sooner or later!! LOL I would love to try to conceive soon but I have a 2 year plan for school so I can graduate. Good luck though and good for you for getting healthy for your baby to be!

ElisaB
10-11-2004, 05:41 AM
OMG, this thread is just what I needed! I gained nearly 60 lbs with my first pregnancy 5 years ago, and I'm terrified that It'll happen again - though admittedly, I know a lot more now than I did then. But I really want to lose 15-20 pounds before I get pregnant again, and keep active and eat healthy throughout the pregnancy so I keep healthy, energized and I don't baloon up again :dz:

Name: Elisa, 28
SO: DH, Sascha, 36 (married since June '97, have a 5-year old daughter)
Weight-loss plan: The Fat Flush Plan, by Ann Louise Gittleman
TTC target date (to begin): February 2005

ElisaB
10-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Anyone trying to lose a few pounds before getting pregnant? :)

mompen
10-16-2004, 01:24 AM
Hi! :) I usually post on the Stay At Home Moms Board but I am just lurking around :)

Good luck to all of the ladies here TTC :goodluck:

I also wanted to tell Elisa.. I LOVE your siggy! It really hits home for me :)

I have three small children of my own and my body looks like a road map lol

AGAIN GOOD LUCK :)

ElisaB
10-17-2004, 04:49 AM
Thanks! I really love your doll, and Jill's!

Daisynyc
10-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Me! I want to join. You guys still here?

ElisaB
10-21-2004, 02:11 AM
I'm still here! Hi! :wave:

ElisaB
10-21-2004, 02:21 AM
I have a question: I get asked all the time why I want to lose weight before getting pregnant - everyone just says "you'll just gain it all back, anyway, why don't you just get pregnant and lose it all together afterwards?" :nono:

So my question is: why do you want to lose weight before getting pregnant?

In my case the answer is: I don't want to be a beached whale again with this pregnancy, like I was with my first: I want to gain just the weight I need for a healthy baby and to be able to breastfeed afterwards, I want to be able to exercise throughout my pregnancy so I can get back into my clothes afterwards - I want to have something to look forward to. I also have two special reasons: my serious one is that I would otherwise be concerned about gestational diabetes and high blood pressure... my hairhead one is that I got my navel pierced a few months ago after wanting to do it for years, it was pretty expensive and it takes a lot of works to make it heal properly, but I LOVE IT! and I woulnd't want to get so big that I'd have to take it out :p :D

luvinmom
10-27-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm looking back in the post to find some buddies. I couldn't help but giggle at the thought of me belonging here, but its true I do! I have a 6 y dd, 5 y ds, 2 yr ds, and a 5 months old dd! I am not trying to conceive right now, but I don't know how much longer I will be breastfeeding and we don't use contraceptives so... I really want to lose at least 40 lbs before getting pregnant. My reasons? I want to be able to walk up the stairs without feeling like I'm going to pass out! I want to be able to find cute maternity clothes that fit. I want the seat belt to go around me without having to pull it all the way out first! LOL! (I haven't mentioned that I get huge at the end of my pregnancies! I'm 5'3 and my smallest babe was 8 lbs.) I want to avoid those horrible early morning back pains that almost paralyzed me the last 2 times. I want confidence that I can lose this weight before I have even more to lose. I want to be able to play with my kids and not wear out in 5 min. I want to go down the slides without using my feet to keep my fat butt from holding me in place. I want to please my husband and not cringe at the flab he must hate, but loves me to much to hurt me by commenting on it. I want to lose weight before I get pregnant again because I want to be proud of me and the discipline it takes to take care of me.

I haven't got all the fun signatures figured out yet, so in plain black and white here is my stats.
27 years, married for 7
largest was 226
CW: 195
first goal is to get under 190, something I've been fighting for about 2 months
Goal 130