Support Groups - Stay At Home Mom's #245 Monday

View Full Version : Stay At Home Mom's #245 Monday

watkinsguru
09-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

watkinsguru
09-13-2004, 07:49 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Good morning ladies. Hope everyone had a great night.
Mine was back to normal. Went to bed around 1100, Andrew woke me up at 1230, put him back down with a bottle, Ally got up to potty. Got her back in the bed and I went back to sleep until Andrew came and got me around 330. Changed his diaper, gave him a bottle and he got up again when the bottle was gone. So I laid down with him and slept from about 350 to 530 and got up. So back to normal, just hoping I get a little rest today, but I'm gonna be busy.
I've decided to try something new. I have alot of errands to run, so I think I'll make Mondays my errands day on top of my usual stuff then Tuesdays can be my claning day on top of my usual stuff. The rest of the week I haven't decided. But after lunch I've got a ton of places to go so I know I won't get much cleaning done. Anyways, just thought I'd share my thought.

Spryng, hope you had a great weekend. How is dh's job search going?

Penny, hope Nicholas is better today and had a better night.

Leigh, you're right, those feelings can come on strong at TOM time, glad you're better.

Michelle, hope you slept better.

Gab, glad you are enjoying your stay. Love to keep hearing from you.

Hello to Mel, Geri, Ricci, Jaymi, Cindi and everyone else.

I'm still fighting ants. They are driving me crazy because they're not coming in a trail from a particular area, they are just spread out here and there. I'll tell the bank guy today that we've got our closing money so now the paperwork can go to underwriting, hopefully by Friday we'll know something.
Dh is going to get on unemployment for a while on top of doing odd and end jobs and I'm gonna have to get on WIC. Never used any assistance before, but groceries are our highest bill and they are killing me, so hopefully it may help. The kids may have to get on medicaid too. Wow, never had to deal with any of this before. I'll keep all of you informed.
I've got Avon business to tend to, bills to do, school to prepare and dh's lunch to make. I'll check in later.

melmcc99
09-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Crystal, good morning! Cayenne pepper is a great natural way to get rid of ants and so is boric acid. both non toxic. Sprinkle the caynne pepper outside on the perimitter of the house and see if that prevents them from coming in. Look it up for details. I've been having those nights with bugga still. No one has the childrens antacid. I think I'm going to have to order it online.

Hello everyone Else. I am probably not going to write much today as I have a terrible cold. :(

Penny, just wanted to tell you that you can probably start your own boy scouts group. Call the county office and ask how to go about it. You would need one other licenced person. You take a course that a couple hours and then your certified. MY sil started the girl scout one near her. I believe my aunt in MD had started her own years ago with my cousin. You would become the Den mother...lol You would be great at it too!! Rubie is a beauty! How is Nicholas feeling today. I hope he feels better.

Michelle, I went to the Angels web site. Poor children and families. My prayers are of course with them.

Spryng, did you have fun garage/yard saling. I love it. Don't usually buy, but sometimes you find a great bargin. Did you get anything? We went to some this weekend and LOAO! It was in a rich town and 2 of them were just filled with expensive SH..T and I mean SH T. MY dh opened a drawer and it fell out and pieces went flying. It looked beautiful, but it was broke. I guess they thought no one would open it..lol We laughed all the way to the car.

Hey Cheri and Leigh, I know what you both mean. Sometimes you just want to be you and not mommy for a while. Sometimes you just don't want to have to push the stroller or clean up the mess. Leigh, I know how it is to have dh away. My dh doesn't travel as much as yours, but it is about 6 weeks a year. He hates it and I do to, but over the last 5 years, I have learned to keep myself very busy when he was away. I get so much done and go visit with people, invite people over and such. It's hard I know. My thoughts are with you. You know you can call anytime if you want. My dh will be away Oct 1 for 6 days...5 nights. It's no fun!

I'll be checking in ladies, but hopefully this cold lets up a bit so that I can focus on writing again.

Hey Jill, how are you today? DId flying get the house all clean? Hope you have a great day!

mompen
09-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Morning Ladies...

Crystal,
Do you think Andrew is just attached to his bottle maybe? Does he get up just to get more drink? Sorry you had such a ruff night :(

Melissa,
Anything planned for today?
If you don't we can do some exercise challenges or flying if you want :)

Jill,
Sorry I missed you last night! I was zzzzzzzzzzzz..... :)

Michelle,
Thanks for the im! I really miss you :)

Well Andrew has shots this am but it depends on how Nicholas is feeling.
I gotta get to the post office and run errands!

Hope everyone has a great day!

watkinsguru
09-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Penny, well I had Andrew broke from the bottle before I moved him into this big boy bed. Well, he only took like one a night before then. but when I moved him, for some reason he would get up alot more and I did the bad thing and just give him the bottle to put him back to sleep so I could go back to sleep. I don't have to give him a bottle, I could lay in his bed with him instead and he'd go back to sleep. So either he gets used to me sleeping with him or he gets used to a bottle. Either way it's a lose lose situation for me. I don't know which would be easier to break. Besides, I don't mind laying with him, but I fall asleep EVERY time and I always wake up so uncomfortably. With my belly slowly getting bigger that's not good. So I just don't know which to break him of and how.
Does that make since?

watkinsguru
09-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Okay, I did my bills, school is prepared, dh is long gone with his lunch. I'm getting up to make my bed, get me ready and start in the kitchen. Same Old, Same Old.
TTYL

mompen
09-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Same ole some ole here too....lol

I know it is so hard to break a child of something. I didn't have a problem w/ hunter or nicholas with bottles and andrew never took one. But I have always had a problem with them sleeping in my bed. Mostly Hunter

Andrew has always slept in his bed and Nicholas only comes if he potties on himself. Hunter is my emotional one and he cries and cries if we don't let him in the bed :(

I know how you feel!

Hope everyone has a good day! Gonna exercise and get in the shower :)

gabwill
09-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Hello everyone! Just wanted to post before heading to be.

Penny- Yes that is a lot in a little but it didn't stay off that long.. a few months max. I wasn't really following a plan. When we lived in New Orleans we had a free gym with the apartments that we were staying at. It was a huge gym and I didn't feel uncomfortable since there was a section just for females and most females that were healthier stayed in the main area. I would watch what I ate, walk for an hour, swim, bike for 45 minutes in a hilly terrain, run about 20 minutes, lift weights, and take alot of classes (step aerobics was my favorite). Best thing is that it was all for free. I would do thid 5 days of the week taking off the weekend and it just flew off. If I wouldn't have left at that time I may still be at the weight but never got back into it and I just don't have the money to go to a gym with daycare right now. Alos what part of La. are you from. Originally I am from a small city just south of Lafayette.

Ricci- I love them so far. I had started them before but with moving out here and settling in I just recently got back to them. I decided that instead of going back to the beginning that I would do better doing the second part of the tapes and go for 45 days before switching up routines again. I really want the slim in 6 tapes. They look like fun!

Deana- it is no problem. We were probably posting at the same time is all.

Leigh- Yeah I like yours too.... that is my middle name Leigh.

Well I have to go

Loveliam
09-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Wow- ya'll have already posted so much and our day is just getting started. Late start for us here- Liam is on that weird schedule (lately his bed time is all over the place. I know eventually, it will even out into a schedule).So we both slept until
9:30am. But, as we were getting ready, Liam's diaper exploded, and Duncan threw up in bed :( Guess there will be some extra cleaning for me today. But that's okay- hope Duncan is okay. He wasn't hungry for breakfast, so I think his little tummy hurts.

Gabrielle- Wow! That's neat that Leigh is your middle name . . . we're going to get along great! :lol:

Crystal- Your mentioning Avon reminds me . . . if I want to look at some Avon stuff online, can I somehow still buy it from you if I decide to buy something? Your ideas about different days for different tasks is a good one. I saw that when I was doing all that online research for my home cleaning/org system. Somebody somewhere said they have: errand day, deep cleaning day, quiet/bill day, day off/family day, and so on . . . I think getting assistance will be good until DH gets into a regular job and all the stuff with the house is done.

Melissa- Well, hope you feel better soon. Rest as much as possible (I know that's next to impossible with the kiddos) and drink lots of tea. Thanks for your kind words about DH being out of town. We'll definitely need totouch base when yours is away.

Penny- How is Nicholas doing today? Hope he's a lot better. Do you think the other boys will now get sick too? Since I have only one, I don't know how that works, but seems like a possibility :(

Well, we're going for a quick grocery run today after Liam's first nap. I always wait to run errands until he's just napped because that cuts way back on the possibility of in store meltdowns.

Chubba
09-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Good morning!!! We're BACK! No time to post now...I'll be back later today!

I missed you girls!!!!!

Deana1113
09-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Good morning ladies. Not much time to post here either. Have to get dd in the bath and get her ready for preschool. While she's there I have to run to Walmart for a couple things then get back here and clean. I'm going to get my 2 mile WATP in while she is in the bath.

Geri: Glad you're back. We missed you too. How was your vacation? Hope you all had a great time.

Where is Spryng? I wanted to tell her that we are making a road tirp on Thursday to pick up some things in Spring Hill, KS and wanted to know if she is close to there. I would love to be able to meet her. Although I would be soooooo completely jealous of a skinny minny right now :p j/k. It would be so neat to meet all of you and if I ever get the chance to travel the country I will make sure I do.

Well dd is wanting her bath and I need to excercise and get jump started.

I will be back later to post more and get personal.

Have a great day everyone.

watkinsguru
09-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Okay girls. My day started out bad. Actually not bad, I'm just so darn moody. I guess it's the pregnancy. I had errands to run and I knew while I was moody schooling was a bad idea, so we ran errands early and now are back having lunch. Then we'll school, but I'll miss out on a nap. Oh well.
Leigh, yes you can order from me. Let me double check on the exact website for you to go to and then all you need is my phone number and I can pm you that. I think the day thing is good, but I'll have to sit down and really set it in stone so I can try to stick to it.
Penny, Alisa slept with us but Ally and Andrew never wanted to. I think Andrew got used to me sleeping with him from us sleeping on the couch. When he was little and sick with his asthma, that's where we'd sleep, but he doesn't really like sleeping in my bed.
Girls, I never thought I was a person with issues but since I've gotten pregnant I feel like all I've done is gripe and complain. I hope it's the pregnancy and that it passes, but I'm so depressed today. I think I'll take some quiet time later to cry. That's what I feel like doing. I feel like I'm changing but my changes will effect my whole family and dh and he's not changing. Which I'm not asking him to, but if I share my feelings with him it ruins his whole plan and dream and I can't handle that. But then again, it's my life too and I don't know what to do. I don't like causing problems. That's one of my problems, I've never really known what I want and now I do but it's not what we've talked about and discussed. I feel like I've always let my family make up my mind about certain things and I'm tired of doing that. Now I see it and now I want to be my own person and make my own decisions but I don't like disappointing anybody. What do you do? Is this just pregnancy emotions or what? I know you are all so sick and tired of me having these issues, but think about it, if I didn't what would we talk about? Just kidding. I only have one friend and she already knows everything so that leaves me with all of you.
My kids are hungry, gotta go for a bit.

Deana1113
09-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Crystal: What do you think we are here for? This is a SUPPORT group. If you need to vent, by all means do it girlfriend. I know I find myself venting some on occasion and I can't use pregnancy as a reason, THANK GOODNESS. But anytime you need us you know we are here for you. That's what friends are for.

So I lied.......I said I was going to do my 2 mile WATP then get dd to preschool. Instead I did the 3 mile for the first time and I FEEL GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't sure I was ready for it but I pushed and got through it just fine. Broke a sweat and got a little winded but nothing that I didn't come out of by the end. I LOVE LESLIE SANSONE !!!

Well better get dd to school.

TTYL

mompen
09-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Hi Ladies...

Jill just imed me to ask if the hurricane is going to affect us. I believe in my heart that it is headed this way :( Only time will tell though. I have to make a trip to walmart today so I am gonna pick up a few extra things before the crowds start wiping it out. If you look at the tracking we are very far to the east upper part of Louisiana. We are in the top part of the boot. So it is close but not sure as of yet... Thanks for the concern!

Deana
Congrats ! Woohoo! :cheer: On the 3 mile walk! It is a great workout! You are doing awesome! Can't wait for your weigh in tomorrow!

Crystal,
Hope the day starts getting better for you! Are you still taking the herbal supplements?

GERI!!!!!!!! YOU ARE BACK!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO! I have missed you! HUGS :)
Ok pics and stories! I wanna hear em :)

Andrew did very well with his shots today and now he is snoozing! Poor baby! But he was a big trooper :)

Spryng,
Is everything ok? Just checking on you :)

Have a great on plan day everyone!

Bayleysmom
09-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Hey girls back from the gym and baby is napping so I have a few minutes to post. I am so scared for you guys that are in that hurricanes path! I was telling Penny that I have never known anyone in that area of the nation and so now that I have met all of you the news has all new meaning! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I hope so much that you are safe. Please try to keep us posted so we know what is going on. I think it said it would hit U.S. by Wednesday so at least you have a little time to get ready, we know how bad these things can get and I just hope everyone heeds the warnings and gets out if that is what they are instructed to do.

Ok on a lighter note I got the rest of the stuff for Bayley's cake and will decorate a practice one today and see how it turns out. I also got her party outfit at Old Navy and it is really cute, it's a red jumper with a black long sleeve shirt and black tights (so she looks like a ladybug since that is the theme)I also got her 2 other dresses for next summer and they were only $2 a piece! I love clearance!! I think I have most of her party stuff done but I think I want to try and make a coloring sheet for all the kids to color. Something that says Happy Birthday Bayley and has a ladybug or something on it. We are having the party at the park but I figure it's always nice to have something else for them to do so they don't get bored. Ok enough of this! Sorry it's what's on my mind right now! LOL

Crystal sorry you are feeling so down. I'm sure it's probably partly pregnancy hormones and partly the stress of the moving/building stuff. Try to get a little time for yourself and see if you can relax a little it's not good for you or the baby to be stressed all the time and I'm sure it would make you feel better to get a little ME time.

Mel that's weird you can't find that Malox for kids, I hope you can get it on the internet and delivered soon! Have you checked a pharmacy? Sounds like dumb question I guess but I get all my pharmacy stuff at the grocery store but a pharmacy probably has more selection. Just a thought. And yes my house got all clean! It was great and it is still pretty clean, I just need to do a quick pick up and get some laundry going. Hope you are having a good day!!

Penny AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm scared for you. I hope you get all you need at Wal-Mart before it becomes a zoo. Have you read the flyladys checklist for disasters and stuff. She has some good stuff on there that I wouldn't have thought of in an emergency but that are good to have. If you want it I can dig it out of my e-mails for ya. Or it might be on her website. I'm glad Andrew did good with his shots, what a little trooper. How is Nicholas? Better I hope.

Leigh sorry your morning started off with puke and leaky diapers!!! I'm sure it will get better. Did you get rested last night? Any exercise today?

Geri HI!!!! Glad you are back, can't wait to hear about your trip!

Deana good job on the workout!! Doesnt it make you feel great!! Good for you!

Ok I need to get this house picked up so I can decorate Bayleys cake and get ready for my friends baby that I am going to start watching every night. He is 5 months old and weights 18.5 pounds and it 28 inches long!! Bayley is 7 months older than his and weighs 23 pounds and is 27 inches long!! Crazy huh? Ok Cindi is IMing me so I am gonna go! TTYL!

Bayleysmom
09-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Ok and don't forget to watch OPRAH today, there is a huge surprise!!!!

Loveliam
09-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Happy evening! Liam is napping :) ALways a beautiful thing. We did very well at the grocery store, so all in all it's been a great day LOL. Duncan finally ate his food, so I guess he's feeling better too.

Geri- Woo-Hoo!!! We've missed you so much :D We must know every last detail of your trip.

Deana- :bravo: on doing 3 miles! Now that's impressive.

Crystal- well, I pmd you as you know, but ((hugs)) to you. Do ya'll go to church? If so, you could always talk to a pastor for support. I do think you're at a turning point. But surely DH knows sometimes dreams can change. Maybe you can slip in tiny portions of your new goals over a long perios of time so he can slowly get used to them?

Penny- will ya'll need to evacuate? You can always head up to Atlanta. I'm thinking of you. DH was sent to Mobile, AL.

Jill- I missed the first 20 minutes of Oprah- did she give everyone in the audience a car??????? If so, that's insanely generous. I cried at that foster family . . . and also the girl she gave the scholarship to.

Well, as you've noticed from my wanting to purchase Avon stuff. Since Liam's birth, I really haven't taken very good care of my skin or anything. I generally get ready in about five minutes (including getting dressed LOL), throw my hair up and start the day. And at night, I'm so tired I'm not motivated to do much skincare then either. But I finally decided that I need to take care of me too so I'm adding five minutes to my morning and evening routines to take care of skin, etc.

jae
09-13-2004, 06:29 PM
Hi Girls!

It's been so long since I've posted, but I have been busy. Well, good news: I was having such a hard time finding someone to watch Dominic and I didn't want to leave him, and even though I like my out of the house job--I love my job as a mom so much more! My sweet dh came in one day and was watching me with Dominic and said "I can't see how anyone could take better care of him than you, I think you should stay home with him." I was shocked and excited, but still a little scared about the finances. Oh well, I know the Lord will provide. I'm so glad that I can be a stay at home mom for my sweet boy!

Mel, Dominic's dr put him on Zantac and I had to get it through a prescription. Do they have OTC childrens antacids? I'll bet if you call a pharmacist they would be able to tell you where to get it, or even order it for you. (I had to ask our local Walgreens to special order D's formula. One day I was out and there was only 2 cans in the whole town I live in!) Drugstores don't seem to have a problem ordering for customers.

Penny, You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Deana, Good for you walking the whole 3 miles!! I dusted my video off today, but now I have to actually put it into the VCR! :)

Crystal, Pregnancy is so hard! All the hormones raging! I hope they calm down for you and your day gets better.

I hope everyone has a great evening.

TTYL! ~j

Bayleysmom
09-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Leigh!!!!!! Why I outta...................................I'm on the west coast!! I haven't seen it yet!! No more spoiling!!! LOL Cindi was IMing me earlier and teasing me cause she read somewhere what was on the show and I was like "dont tell me!!" then Leigh comes along! LOL Oh well I'm sure there are more surprises that I didn't read about! Anyway Bayleys cake is coming along ok, I will take a picture of the final one to show you all and I'm sure there will be more pictures as well. I can't wait for her party, I think it will be fun, however it is showing rain on Sunday and we are having it outside at the park so we'll see what happens, luckily our house is across the street so we could move it inside if we needed to I guess, there are just so many people and I have a small house. Well I hope you all are doing well, no one is really posting after the burst this morning. I guess I scared y'all off, well except for Leigh. Oh and by the way Leigh where in Georgia do you live? I had some friends over on Sat. and they moved from Kennesaw (sp?) and I was telling them about this great group of girls and mentioned you were from Georgia and they were wondering where from, you don't have to post it here if you dont want, you know for safety reasons or whatever but pm me if you can so I can share with them, I think they are homesick :( Well the dh is but the wife is my friend from high school so she is at home here. Anyway enough of that I am going to get some laundry going. TTYL!

Loveliam
09-13-2004, 06:40 PM
OMG, Jill!!!! I'm so sorry!!! I thought you were saying watch it because you were watching it too at the same time!!!! I'm sorry :( But I didn't see the beginning, so I'm not positive that's what was going on. I feel terrible now . . .

Jae- how wonderful that you get to stay home!

Bayleysmom
09-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Leigh totally don't feel bad!! I was laughing the whole time I was writing that post! It was all in fun!! I just hate being on the west coast sometimes cause everything happens last here! I can't wait to watch it though, I need to get on her show one of these days! Ok have a great night!! TTYL

Loveliam
09-13-2004, 07:27 PM
I still feel bad, Jill :(
Crystal, I keep forgetting to ask, do you have an ultrasound coming up when youu might find out if the baby is a boy or girl?

watkinsguru
09-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Leigh, my sono is next tuesday. Suppose to find out what it is. I'll be 5 months tomorrow so by next week, they should definitely know what it is.

Jill, Oprah was sooooo good. I just love her. I had tears in my eyes. I guess I can say that because you're fixing to watch it and probably won't see this until afterwards.

I'm having some dinner then I'll clean the kitchen. I'll try to be back around later.

spryng
09-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Good evening ladies! So sorry I have been MIA.
Dh just now left out. We've been going non-stop while he was home and my eating was terrible this weekend (starting to be a big problem with me) but I just felt so hungry (maybe it's this darn TOM... I'm much much heavier than usual this time) But tomorrow is a new day with a fresh start, right?
Lets see... Tanner got his first hair cut last night! I took a pic this morning and will post one soon. He is also officially broke from the bottle, that happened a few days ago. My baby is no longer a baby!!!! Crystal can I come spoil yours when she/he is born??
Job hunting has been hard for my DH. He put in his application at a local insurance place here for customer service rep and I'm hoping and praying that happens... they have great pay and benefits and is only 10 min away so it will be great on gas. Other than that there wasn't much out there. But he will be taking his week vacation at the end of this month to look more if he hasn't heard from that one first. So keep us in your thoughts please!!
I think that is about all that is new with me. Boring huh?? LOL.
Well, Tanner is cranky tonight, I think he has a sour stomach and has been really clingy so I need to get off here to hold him again. But I will be on tonight and maybe we can do a chat tonight??? I'm up for one if anyone else would like one too!! I've missed you all and Geri so glad you are home now!!! Details we need DEATAILS!!!! :)
TTYL!

Bayleysmom
09-13-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm up for chat tonight!! I'll be on a little later after I eat dinner!! TTYL! OPRAH IS AWESOME!! I'll talk more about that later too!!

Chubba
09-13-2004, 09:04 PM
OK, I have a few minutes so I can post! ;)

Spryng...why is dh looking for a job ??? I need to go back and read up some...but I'll never catch up....so you'll just have to repeat yourself for me!! :lol: Anyone else have anything to tell me???

OMG! I'm so very happy to be out of the car. We left Corpus Saturday morning at 9 am and made it as far as Malvern, AR (about an hour south of Little Rock) then drove all the way home and got in around 11 last night. Dh keeps saying how horrible the boys were...well I keep telling him that they were great considering they were trapped in the car for about 4 days total!! Tony only had 2 meltdowns and Will had several small ones. Thank God for the portable DVD player. I highly recommend them to anyone who is going to travel!!

Austin was nice. We pretty much just hung out and swam in the subdivision pool. Went out to eat a couple of times...had way too much fast food and snacky stuff! We never went to the Alamo because with the kids I didn't think it would be worth the trip. I really wanted to see the riverwalk in San Antonio but couldn't see making the boys ride in the car for something I wanted to see you know? They were having fun chasing SIL's cats around and swiming in the big pool.

We headed for Corpus on Tuesday. We stayed in a La Quinta suite which was OK and was in a busy area so everything was convenient. The ocean was about 15 miles away. We spent Wednesday and Friday at the beach in the state park on Padre Island... I forget the name of the beach right now...still very tired :p . If we ever go back we'll rent a condo on Mustang Island...drove through there and it was awsome! Took a short ferry ride that the boys loved...went to the Aquarium... Dh & I went out for a nice dinner ALONE (thanks Mom!!) on Friday.... it was very nice all in all. I have a few pictures but haven't had the time to download them. Today was unpacking and laundry day and trying to go through the mail so I can pay bills. Also went grocery shopping. Will head to bed early tonight (hopefully) cause by the time the boys settled down it was about 1am.

Really missed checking in with you all week long. I'll try to go back and catch up some but will just skim and miss most of it. :lol:

I skipped TOPS and WI tonight...just too tired and didn't want to get bummed out after vacation. Tomorrow I will be back to my daily exercise and hopefully eating better. Tonight is the Packer game on Monday night football so it's chips and salsa and guacamole. Hey I know you all think I'm a lush anyway ;) :devil: but my SIL told me about this Margarita mix that comes in a bucket...you add a bottle of tequilla and put it in the freezer and then just scoop some in a glass when you want some... had to buy some today (never heard of it) but it probably wont be slushy enough by football time. Had a couple with her at her house and they were really good. I'm easily impressed :o . So...anytime you ladies want to come by...I'll have the drinks ready :lol: .

Penny... keeping you in my prayers that Ivan will miss you!!! Thanks for the note...it was the ONLY piece of good mail that I got while I was gone!!

Take care ladies...I'll be back tomorrow. Love ya!

Chubba
09-13-2004, 09:06 PM
I did get some exercise... Tony had NO FEAR at the ocean. He thought it was the greatest thing to go running into the waves. He was soooo cute...but I did a lot of chasing.

watkinsguru
09-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Geri, so glad you are back. It really was wierd without you posting each day. Glad you had lots and lots of fun.

Jill, glad you enjoyed Oprah.

Spryng, glad you're back in action. Have you thought about how you'll handle eating when dh is home all the time? I'm sure you have, just thought I'd ask. Sorry TOM is so annoying right now. But so is my pregnancy.

Okay, kids are in bed. I'm gonna enjoy a snack and hopefully get to bed too.

TTYL

Deana1113
09-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Wow Geri, sounds like you all were really busy but had a good time. That's so funny about Tony running into the waves. Glad you had fun.

Crystal: Good luck with the sono next week.

Spryng: Good to hear you had a great weekend with dh. Will keep his job hunting in my thoughts. Did you see my post about being in Spring Hill on Thursday? How far is that for you?

Well gotta get kids to bed and try to get some more done around here. See you all in the morning.

mompen
09-13-2004, 11:50 PM
HI Ladies!

Thanks for all the concern... We will know more as of tomorrow...

But for now.... I went to Walmart to get groceries..... and there was NO BREAD! NO EGGS! NO WATER! NO BATTERIES! NO SPAGETTOS! NO TUNA!.....

Need I say more! I had to leave my buggy and walk .... well wade through the people on the aisle. I waiting 30 minutes just to check out!

Well you get the pic.....lol And no body even knows which way it is going yet...

ALL OF NEW ORLEANS AREA is under a volunteer evacuation. New Orleans is below sea level here. And they are preparing early. A good friend lives there and she is headed to Memphis tonight just in case.

Anyhow... I am just so stressed over this storm...

Crystal,
Can't wait to hear about the sono!

Leigh,
I know exactly how you feel about the skin care. I do have the Avon set. It is really good and my skin feels sooo good. Just like the stretch mark smoother. It can't work unless I use it.....lol

Julie,
I am so excited for you to continue to stay home!!!

Geri,
WELCOME BACK! We really missed you! YW on the card.

Jill,
Thanks for all the support from you. I am so hoping we won't get this storm too badly. We are only 1 hr from New Orleans.

Spryng,
I will keep dh in my prayers in hopes that he does get a local job. That will totally throw off your plan. He better learn to like healthy food :)

Well I might get back on here in a little while but for now I am gonna get a list together of things I need to do just in case. We have so much stuff in our yard, patio set, motorbike, boat, hubby has work trailers for hauling, swing sets, etc. Anyhow...

Have a great evening!

mompen
09-13-2004, 11:51 PM
Ok Deana,
I am ready for your results in the morning!

GOOD LUCK :)

spryng
09-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Hello again!

Geri so glad you are posting again!!! I've been MIA most of the weekend myself. Sounds like your trip was fun and I know you are glad to be home and back in your own bed. :) My DH is looking for a new job because he wants to be home every night. He's been OTR for a year now and it's wearing him down and every time he leaves he is in tears because he misses us so bad. So we talked long and hard about it and he's trying to find a local driving job or just a local job around here. I wouldn't mind working part time also to have him home more.

Crystal, did I miss something about your pregnancy?? (I haven't caught up on old posts yet since friday) and yes I've thought about how I will eat once dh is home and what I will have to do is make a definite plan and stick with it no matter what. But he will eat what I eat when he is home for dinner every night so that will benefit him also. But yes, it does make me nervous because I only eat crazy when he is here and eating crazy too. Like I don't want to be left out or something, you know? But I know he will support me in the long run and everything will work out, just takes time to re-adjust.

Deana, I don't know where spring hill is. I'll have to look at mapquest after I post this to how close it is to me. What time will you be there?? I would love to meet you!! :) I have church that evening though so we'll have to do it much earlier in the day. Let me go look.

spryng
09-13-2004, 11:58 PM
OK, back.
Deana, spring hill is on the way to olathe, lol.. I didn't see it before I guess. So it's about 1 1/2 hrs away from me. What time will you be there??

Penny, you snuck in on me. What is going on tomorrow for you? I think I missed it. I really need to go back to friday's thread and read through until I catch up with you all, lol... I feel so out of it! And you are right, dh will have to learn to like healthy food again because I am not going to let him conspire to sabbotage my weightloss. I feel like crap because of it tonight. But I guess I'll find out this friday how bad I was. :(

OK, guess I'll get off here. TTYL!

Deana1113
09-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Spryng: We plan to leave here around 8 that morning so that should put us in Spring Hill by no later than 10. We have to pick up somethings for a customer then will head back home. But we don't have to be back til about 3 that afternoon, before kids get home from school. If it's too much of a drive with such short notice I will understand. We will probably be making more trips there in the near future because it saves soooooo much on shipping. We could plan another time when I know further ahead. Let me know. I will have dh, oldest son and dd with me.

Bayleysmom
09-14-2004, 12:28 AM
Hey everyone dinner was great! I made taco casserole from Saving Dinner and it was super good and pretty easy too! Anyway I love OPRAH!! Geez for those of you who didn't see her show she gave away a car to everyone in her audience! It was amazing! She also gave a homeless girl ,who has idealized Oprah her whole life, a makeover, free college to anywhere she wants to go + room, board and books and a 10,000 shopping spree to Express! So awesome! Then she gave a mother and father who have 8 foster kids and were about to be evicted from their house (because the owner wanted to sell it) 100,000 to buy the house + 30,000 to fix it up the way they wanted and ALL new appliances, TV's, computers etc.!! She is so cool, anyway I was crying the whole time I was watching it. Good thing Bayley and the little boy I was watching were being good cause I didn't want to miss any of it. So that was my afternoon in a nutshell LOL

Spryng glad you had a good time with dh, I was right there with you on the bad eating! I peeked at the scale earlier tonight even though I told myself to wait and i was up about 2.5 pounds!! Makes me so mad since I had been doing so good but once I screw up a little it's hard for me mentally to get back on track. We should do a water challenge tomorrow to get our bodies started again. So I hope dh finds a local job that pays well. I know you guys really need him home. Good luck with TOM mine is coming too.

Geri glad you had fun on your vacation! I bet you are glad to be home though. Go Packers! I hope you are having fun watching the game! Don't drink too much LOL!

Penny YIKES! I hope you can find a store that has what you need, Hopefully you won't need it anyway, seems like it is really up in the air about where it is going to hit. I've been worried for you all day today, staying glued to my T.V. in hopes that it changes it's course or goes away all together. I'm here if you need to call or something. I'm thinking about you.

Ok I need to go, if anyone is chatting IM me I would love to chat. TTYL!!

Bayleysmom
09-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Heading to MSN chat! Join me if you want!

MichelleRae
09-14-2004, 01:51 AM
Thanks everyone who prayed for allie scott!

She passed away this evening at 11:05 pm to be with her heavenly father. May she fly high! It's so sad that she is gone but she is no longer in pain and free from the cruelties of this world.

I'm crying to hard to get personal. I'll post in the morning
Love to all
Michelle

Deana1113
09-14-2004, 02:09 AM
I'm with you Michelle. I just went to the page and read today's entry. May she rest in peace.

watkinsguru
09-14-2004, 08:08 AM
Starting a new thread.