Support Groups - Terrific Two Weeks --Sprint VI -- ALL Welcome!

Kaylets
09-12-2004, 08:49 AM
So here we are !

A very stressful two weeks BEHIND us..... Weather, holiday, summer ending, campaigns, 9/11 memorials....
Small wonder some of us ( Put this Royal at the top of the list!) are breaking into the Peanut Butter...

but again, all of that is behind us... We have new challenges ahead of us, experience to guide us, support here to strengthen us...

Onward! We can figure this out! We are on our way!

This 2 weeks, I need to concentrate more on the water... Now that I have a phone schedule I think I need more than one bottle at my desk... just to keep me aware...

I also need to focus more on things OTHER than the job... Yesterday's little bout of writing felt like a dam breaking loose... I was enjoying reading on the bus but finished two great books but the third is not holding my interest. ( It's "Wicked" about the Wicked Witch of the West... just not doing it for me)

So... for two weeks only... a committment to write at least 15 minutes a day, hopefully on the bus as that is a dead area time... the idea is if I have a paper with me, I might write more...

I also have my 10th speech coming up the the last week of Oct and that is will officially make me a Certified Toastmaster....

I think the scale is either playing a game or I am down some. Official weighin tomorrow evening... I am impatient... In some ways I feel like a pregnant woman...ready for the next step... knowing it WILL happen.. just wanting it to be now... I am ready to become a leader of some sort... believe WW's is the way to go as I know the philosophy and have lost nearly 80-90 lbs so perhaps I can be a role model, mentor, coach, etc....

So...

Today's thought of the day is:

"We are on our way!"
---kletskus

Question of the day :
" Which way are you headed?"

KETTLE IS ON!

Kaylets
09-12-2004, 08:58 AM
I found this aritcle on the WW's home page this morning.. Its really worth sharing...
From the WW's home page:

"age can be great for your weight loss
By Paula Gardner | 6/4/2004

We've probably all heard how it's harder to lose weight the older we get. But there are advantages to aging too. We take a look at how older really does mean wiser when it comes to losing weight:

1. The confidence to say "no"
When you have some years behind you, you're less likely to bow to peer pressure and worry about what people think of you if you say no to that extra glass of wine or helping of dessert. You are aware of your own appetite and capacity and eat to suit yourself — and no one else.

2. More support
Friends are in the same boat and understand when you opt for a healthy salad rather than a full-fat pasta dish. You're more likely to get support from your peers and they'll applaud your success, as they know exactly what it means.

3. Eating well
As you grow older, you realize that food is one of the big joys of life. You've left the days of fad diets behind and discovered the pleasures of good food. You care about what you put into your body; opt for healthier, lower-fat options; and make sure you get your daily quota of fruit and vegetables.

4. An example to your children
Whether you've got toddlers or teenagers, having children makes you conscious of setting a good example by eating well and exercising. You're doing this for more than you alone.

5. Willpower
Let's face it, the older you get, the more you can rely on just plain old willpower and ignore those distractions.

6. Coping with stress
You've learned the hard way that overeating, drinking and smoking actually increases stress levels, and that the best way to cope with a hectic life is to take time out and turn to exercise, yoga, meditation and pampering treatments, and give yourself "me time."

7. You know what you want
You don't have time to squeeze yourself into the mold of a gym bunny if what you really enjoy is a calming swim. You do what you like and are more likely to stick to it.

8. Time
Being aware of how fast time is ticking makes you realize that procrastination isn't an option. Once you make a commitment you are more likely to stick with it.

9. Patience
But you also know that the weight you've gained over the past five years isn't going to disappear in a week. You've got the patience to lose weight steadily but surely, knowing that this is the best way to keep it off."

Hmmmmmmmm

wsw
09-12-2004, 05:39 PM
kaylets-thanks for starting the new thread! i like your thought of the day, as well as the author!

this sprint, i am going to add to my on-going list (remaining on program, exercising daily, good amount of water, working on adding to stress management arsenal): doing some things which are fun! (had been too long!) yesterday, was able to drive ok, and i treated myself to a movie at a small, quiet theatre which was easy to get to and has easy access. hadn't been to a movie in over a few months, and it was a real treat i gave myself.

beautiful day here today-not too hot or humid, and gorgeous clear blue sky. felt good to get outside for a while and enjoy this rare moderate temp. day.

hi arabella, ceara, eydie, anagram, amarantha, frogger, and to all the remaining royal personages, mentioned and unmentioned!! hope your weekend has been/is pleasant. take care, all.

Kaylets
09-13-2004, 06:42 AM
Hello all!

WSW!! HOW WONDERFUL FOR YOU!! but you didn't tell us which movie you saw! I love a good movie too... too bad they are so few and far between..

Here we go Monday, here we go!
This past weekend really did sem to go by faster than usual!!
I didnt get nearly as many things done as I had hoped ( What else is new!) BUT I did get the priority items at done... repotted some baby vegetables for my "cool weather veg gardening experiment"... I decided to do what I could in 15 minutes and probably spent 30 minutes but as I said, got the most important repotting done...

Last night was the first night for a Ladies/Mens Bowling League... my first time back in a league in at least 5 yrs.... NOTE TO SELF... Eat a meal that will stay w/ you as the snack bar closes early ....
I got very tired at the end and my score showed but I am trying to use bowling as a learning experience and a motivator to get stronger.....
After all, its because of Tiger Woods doing strength training that so many other golfers do the same now.....
And PS, DH really does enjoy having me as a Team Member so I there is more than one silver lining .....

So my friends, the scale is having fun w/ me this am....
Guess I should check the battery! It showed such a low number even I don't believe it!!
Talk about reality check!

Thought of the day:

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts, we make our world

Question of the day :

"If you had to choose, hurricane or earthquake?"

KETTLE IS ON !

Kaylets
09-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Thought we deserved this for a Monday GRIN

Bear Chugs Rainier ... Leaves the Busch

August 18, 2004

Bear drinks 36 cans of favorite beer
BAKER LAKE, Wash. - Rain-eeeeer .... Bear? When state Fish and Wildlife agents recently found a black bear passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort, there were some clues scattered nearby - dozens of empty cans of Rainier Beer.

Advertisement

The bear apparently got into campers' coolers and used his claws and teeth to puncture the cans. And not just any cans.

"He drank the Rainier and wouldn't drink the Busch beer," said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.

Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest.

"He didn't like that (Busch) and consumed, as near as we can tell, about 36 cans of Rainier."

A wildlife agent tried to chase the bear from the campground but the animal just climbed a tree to sleep it off for another four hours. Agents finally herded the bear away, but it returned the next morning.

Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: doughnuts, honey and, in this case, two open cans of Rainier. That did the trick.

"This is a new one on me," Heinck said. "I've known them to get into cans, but nothing like this. And it definitely had a preference."

©Indiana Printing & Publishing Co. 2004

. . . . . . . . . .

ceara
09-13-2004, 10:02 AM
What movie'd you see wsw? Inquiring minds wanna know...It is nice when you can have a me day isn't it? I've done that a bit lately...only I read...
Yeah for the bowling :queen: K! How's life down east Arabella? And where is everyone else? The palace is hollow these days...a distinct lack of bodies....:lol:

Day 1

So far so good....wonder if I can do 14?

Walk done (something bit me...a lot), food good so far...think I'll drink some water!

Ceara

Arabella
09-14-2004, 06:00 AM
Note: This post is actually Anagram

Well, Happy Monday, All!

Had a good weekend w/ds here. And he checked out a few friends and all his old haunts as well. Did some 'puter maintenance stuff for me and a few physical cleanup chores outside. Big Help! He left mid morning and things went downhill. A guy was supposed to come give me an estimate on some work (I've waited 2 and a half weeks and skipped the pool to be here). He calls an hour or so before he's to come and says can we make it tomorrow. Well tomorrow's crazy enough and I'm going to be away the next three days so that would be waiting another week, blah, blah, blah. So I said no. He claims he just got the order today but acknowledges it says I called when I said I did. Probably keeping appts made much later. Anyway I looked at the clock, picked up my gym bag and headed for late class at pool. FORGOT MY BATHING SUIT. So I came home and muddled on after a long lunch. Then BIL/SIL called to say they wouldn't be stopping for lunch tomorrow (this time, a hurray) so fortunately now I can get there tomorrow but still enough going on to make it crazy.

DH cleaned the rug in the family room today so things are all still scattered around other rooms while it's drying. I got all the laundry done and tackled another corner in the garage. Bit by bit I'm getting it done. Not perfectly but......Also still working on files. I do a little on each every day - some days very little - but it's going to get me there. Just like this durn diet.

My weekend was calorically high but not the absolute worst. Rest of week looks like it will be too. Sigh!!!!! Leaving Wednesday to play with the princesses for a couple of days so probably won't get a lot done later this week. But FUN is still one of my goals so I'll have a couple of days of that.

Should be Frogger's little tapole princess soon.

Arabella
09-14-2004, 06:19 AM
Okey-dokey. Feeling more-or-less human this morning, for which I'm profoundly grateful. I did wake up a little before 4, which is a bit on the early side :yawn: but what the heck. It's just 7 and we're back from the gym. I'll get some work done this morning and if I crash later, so be it.

Day 2 of The Sprint, and all is well. I'm simplifying my goals -- still have the same ones, but for the sprint I'm committing to the Core plan (which takes in healthy eating, water, and behavioral stuff like eating when hungry and not otherwise) and daily exercise. I'm going to still try to do everything on my other list, just not document so much.

WSW, I'm so glad you're feeling better and treating yourself like the royalty you are! Yup -- I want to know what movie you saw too...

Ceara, things are a little on the echoey side in here, aren't they. I thought yesterday that I hope we don't just fade away. I guess it happens -- people wander off for one reason or another. But some also just go through quiet times and return :crossed: It's cool here in the Far East, but not bad -- we're supposed to have warm days and sunshine later in the week. Hoping to get to the beach!

Anagram, glad you had fun with DS, although the aftermath doesn't sound quite as enjoyable. Some days are sent to test us! :rolleyes: Have a lovely visit with the princesses!

Kaylets, I'll be interested to hear about your cold weather garden. I'm still half-thinking of throwing some mesclun seeds in a pot that I can bring indoors on cool nights. May be a touch late in the season though :chin:

All right. I must go seek breakfast and then on with the day! Love to all, mentioned or not. Let's make this a good one!

deleted2
09-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Hi Friends! Pardon my only lurking these last few days. Still struggling with ..... something, don't know what. Very overwhelmed, lots of work, lots of food, and I've got this eye twitch that won't quit. Was diagnosed with a mild case of Bell's Palsey 15 years ago and I wonder if it's cycling back. Thinking of going macrobiotic for a while----have been leaning heavily on breads, cheeses, and coffee as my drug of choice---oh, and a moderate amount of chocolate.
MUST take control! Have to call on my inner queen!!!!!!!

ceara
09-14-2004, 06:00 PM
Hmm

Day 2 is Ok....Day 1 took a slight detour last night with 1 glass of wine and low fat snackies :devil:....but the rest of the day was good with water (blub), food and exercise...so still counting it as success! I'm weaning my way into this no food after 8....maybe tonight will be the night.

Well, the female probs continue....called ob/gyn yesterday and informed him that I am NOT in menopause as he hoped I'd be. (After the d*** pill, things are outta wack...'course they were before it too.) Anyway we'll see how things go....still may get a plumbing job....yeesh.

Wsw..the suspense is killin' me! You prolly went and saw some chick flick and are embarassed to reveal it! Or.....:s: I really laugh when I see Hot Chick, and I liked The Prince and me.....cute.

Glad the weather is OK for you Arabella....friends of mine have bought a summer home down in NB I think....and are currently there closing it up.

Sounds like you had a productive week-end Anagram! Kaylets did you find muscles yet from the bowling?

Have a board meeting to chair tonight....now that will really send the munch monkey off...so plan to drink water...actually I tell them (it is a church board) that there is really gin in my water bottle :lol:

Gotta run....huh.

Ceara

wsw
09-14-2004, 07:47 PM
saw "maria, full of grace." thought it was very good!

tomorrow, have my updated brain and spinal cord mri's , which i am certainly used to, but never like, since lying flat that long makes my poor back very unhappy, and having to listen to that awful noise while remaining still in that very small cylinder is quite challenging for me. at least, grateful that this is only done every year or two, and not more often. will definitely have to practice my relaxation imagery tomorrow afternoon.

ate a bit more today than necessary (healthy stuff, but went over by 300 c. and need to not let that be an excuse to continue in same way tomorrow.) i will be more diligent.

just wanted to say hi to everyone. thinking of you. take care, all.

Kaylets
09-15-2004, 06:37 AM
Hello all!

Wsw!-- I don't think I know anyone who doesnt dread those tests!
Imagery is a fantastic idea...one I should practice more myself...
floating with a gentle breeze ....Here's a big thumb's up that everything goes well for you!

Eydie! -- The past 2 weeks especially I have done w/o cheese and also gone to no fat yogurt and milk... has moved the scale down but don't necessarily feel more energetic or healthy... Have no idea if even no fat milk and yogurt are macrobiotic... I have a book here but frankly, last time I read it, seemed much too restrictive ....
as for the coffee... There have been a couple mornings the past weeks where even 1 cup has me so jazzed I wish I had done w/o...
And just for btw, when I am very stressed and tired, I have a muscle under my eye too that twitches uncontrollably....

Ceara! The joy! I don't envy you! There is so much conflicting info about this issue that I am afraid I would just have to trust the doctor and perhaps regret my decision later...
Perhaps things will look clearer in a few days... After all, didnt Arabella say things would look clearer after the 15th??

Arabella! Did I get that right?

Anagram! Fun w/ the princesses!!

Well, its official. I am within 10 lbs of making goal. Very motivating as you might imagine. Am crediting CORE w/ "shocking " my system into a quicker weight loss...Of course, DH credits bowling.. :lol:
I am going to seriously throw my hat into the ring about WW's leadership...
I know odds are I won't be near my house as my own meeting is but I very much want to pursue this as I feel as though I do have something to share and I also want to broaden my speaking skills.....

In fact, now that I think about it, I think I only need to be w/in 10lbs to " get hired" by WW's.... have to email my leader ...

Thought of the day:
"The symbol of happiness is all around you when you are the one writing the symbol."
--Ron Rathburn

Question of the day:
"Do you use an alarm clock?"

KETTLE IS ON!

ceara
09-15-2004, 08:13 AM
Yes! :encore:

Made it past 8 and into bed without food! Rest of day was good...no organized exercise, but I'm off in a few minutes for a walk. Food was ok...detoured into Wendy's for a #1 but that was a combo breakfast/lunch at 1:30. By then it was a better choice than the donut store and I could have eaten a horse at that point!

Meeting went late and after, minister and I had a parking lot conversation...it is too bad that more people don't get involved with important things rather than stirring the pot....it would certainly make her life easier. However the meeting wasn't too bad :)

QOD...no, I have a bladder.

Would that be fun K....being a leader? It certainly would fit in with your toastmaster training...and I think you'd be inspirational....some of those leaders I've heard are deadly.:faint:

So am off....where be the lurkers? How're you doin' Eydie? I shall have to look for that movie wsw....is it on video? I will check the international movie data base site and see....

Gotta go and walk or it won't happen!

:wave: and take care all!

Ceara

Arabella
09-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Good Morning, Queenies! Day 3 on the Sprint and all's well...

Feh! This is one of those "better one day, worse the next" things. I don't feel terribly ill, just exhausted. Yet I think the message I'm getting from within is that I need to go spend time outdoors today... I know that sunlight strengthens the immune system -- and I always feel better outdoors, so will try to work efficiently and take lots of outdoors breaks. Will walk later (rather than running today, I think) when the sun is stronger, maybe go out and plant bulbs, hang laundry, do tai chi throughout the day. Maybe also just sit in the sun a bit :chin:

Yup, Kaylets, supposed to be after the 15th, everything seems clearer and more straight-forward. I'll be anxiously waiting to see if it's so! :lol: Seriously, though, I'm often surprised by how often a common mood seems to be affecting everyone and it jibes with the forecasts of some astrologers. Wow -- within 10 pounds of goal! :cp: :cb: And what a terrific WW leader you'll make! And the leader can be so motivating and helpful, really helping people beat their :devil:s.

I don't feel healthier or more energetic on Core yet either, but I think it's because I'm ailing slightly. I invariably feel astonishingly better when I cut out bread and baked goods, so I have faith that it will come.

Eydie, thanks for stopping in to say :wave: We always want to hear from you, being chipper is definitely not required! I wonder if part of what you're going through is some necessary adaptive phase after having reached goal. After all, the whole weight loss trip is a pretty major project and people tend to feel at a loss after any big project ends. All part of life's rich pageant...

WSW, hey, I'm pretty certain things are going to be looking up for you after your medical stuff! You're so right about the imaging stuff -- it's a wonderful thing how we can control our perceptions. When you get right down to it, our perceptions of things are our experience of life. You inspire me! I vow to work on my own perceptions today :yes: I don't know what the sound of the MRI is like, but would it be possible to envision it as something else?

Ceara, the joys of womanhood! :rolleyes: Always something, isn't it? Here's hoping that everything rights itself around and you don't need that plumbing job after all! :crossed:

Amarantha, lurkest though? Hope thee and thine olde dogge art both well!

Love to thee, and all :queen:s in the palace or questing elsewhere! Let's take this day and make it a good one! Kisses!

anagram
09-15-2004, 09:07 AM
Hello Queens, all! Wood Nymph, thanks for the "transplant". And outdoors will help. I was out just before dawn this a.m. to get the paper (dh usually does) and thought how much pleasure I got in the few minutes I lingered and savored. And knowing how much "reward" you'll get will help the rest of the day, won't it?

Kaylets, what a perfect direction for you to head. You have the knowledge, the experience, and the desire to motivate. Go for it.

wsw, yes, I loathe going for tests but I'm always amazed at what modern medicine has come up with. I had two MRIs earlier this year. They offer to play music but didn't put on the type I had requested (classical) so I asked them to turn it off. I do imaging/relaxation stuff there and the noise sort of becomes soothing as I picture it helping them do their detective work. It is hard on the back though.

Hi, Eydie! Sorry something's still amiss. I've known that feeling though. Your teaching should be coming up soon - that should give you some new "whatever".
And I too hope you won't need any plumbing jobs, Ceara, though there are certain parts I no longer have or miss. It's the going through all of it.

Well, I for one am ready for my big turnaround, starting today. For one thing, I begin my 68th year this morning. Nnnnnot in much better shape than a year ago, I'm afraid. But there is always hope. I'm barely clinging to the wagon and don't expect to be too good the next few days again. I will try mostly to avoid devastation and be prepared to start with a vengeance again. Do need to shape up my goals, diet, all of it. Will be taking some healthful things w/me today but I know there will be another cake and I feel I must have some. (there was one over the weekend when ds was here) For me, today is like New Year's. Time to reassess life as a whole, where I've been and where I want/need to go. How fitting Rosh Hashana also starts this evening.

Best get moving - must get a few things together and get out of here for our drive to DD's. Expect to be back Friday and I'll be looking for glowing reports of things "turning around".

Arabella
09-15-2004, 09:18 AM
Anagram, a very happy birthday!!! :balloons: :gift: :hb: I'm so grateful that you came into this world -- not to mention my path!

There's a quote from -- I think -- a Rabbi/mystic/philosopher to the effect that the same energy is present, each year, on our birthdays that we were invested with at birth and thus, we have special opportunities for growth at that time.

:cheers:

wsw
09-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Happy Birthday, Anagram!!!!!! I hope you enjoy all your celebrations!!

ceara
09-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Logged in from work...don't start for another 20 minutes and am considered to be in chat...:nono::yikes: I don't give a rat's behind. Things happened here yesterday while I was away on vacation....there is a pattern of management coming in and just s***disturbing when I'm away....of course they did it again. So I am on work to rule...no more freebies. I should have lots of time to take care of me.

A bright spot though is that it is Anagram's birthday!!!! Yeah! I'm glad her path and mine have crossed too. Have a great time Anagram...and :hungry: that cake....you can swim later.

:balloons: :gift: :hat: :wizard:

Ceara

Amarantha2
09-15-2004, 02:10 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANAGRAMATIC!!!! :hb: I'm also glad thou came into the world and into my path!

Amarantha2
09-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Hi to all and special thanks to Ceara for visiting my journal today in the Land-Far-Away! :)

Glad you've decided to take time for yourself, Sword Bearer ... work is full of Philestines (sp?) ... they are Disturbers. Pay attention to them, not!

Details of my Diet Life (I don't have any other kind) are in the journal ... Elbertine Pep, Elberta Crone and Little Moi are busy behind the scenes planning my personal scary Hallowe'en Challege.

This year ... :wizard:

deleted2
09-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Happy Birthday, dearest Anagram! :love: :love: :love: So honored to be in the same circle as you!

Long day at work. Lunch for 25 today and then had to stay to work our booth at the county fair. Interesting as always. I swear one gentleman greeted me with "How do" tonight. Sweet! Most of the time I just love people, most of the time!

Hmmm, Amarantha..... a Halloween challenge. Maybe that's what I need to shake me out of my doldrums. Now I need to concoct a cunning plan....

Kaylets
09-16-2004, 06:38 AM
Hello all!~!

Anagram! You are my hero! Happy returns of the day! When I I celebrate my 68th birthday and they ask me why I am busier at 68 than 48, I will say because of women like my mother and Anagram ... that each day is a fresh chance to make a dream reality.
And yes, I agree, early am alone is my FAVORITE time of the day...

Empress, so glad you stopped by... ok, ok, I'll give that Diettalk website another try... I guess it really doesnt matter how many logins I have there..
Why I am letting that stop me really is a puzzle...
And... I was thinking of you lots yesterday as I read about a green/red spinach/green the Chinese use as a green but we use here mostly for its beautiful color called "Aramath"... this green is supposed to have more protein than soy... always thought you had named yourself for the grain but now am wondering......?

Arabella.. maybe if you only experimented w/ some of the seeds? That way, if nothing comes up, you'll still have some for spring...I just read how Chinese snow peas will grow inside in indirect light so well that you need to pick nearly every day ... You know I am plotting which window to use!

WSW-- how did the MRI go? :(

Eydie-- Keep smiling... today is the 16th!

Cerise-- You too! Keep smiling... you'll figure this out yet! And as for the others... you know what DH always says..." ****'em if they can't take a joke!"

DS got very lucky in court yesterday. Probation, a driving course (that he must pay for) and court fees ... Dh went w/ him and they witnessed many 2nd time offenders get jail time... no matter what ... ( one woman had just begun a new job.. too bad, 2nd offense DUI = 60 days) DS seemed impressed ... we'll see ....

Thought of the day :

"Let the voice in your head be your own and be kind."--
'Juju' Julie K Ridl of the Skinny Daily Post

Question of the day :

"Do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger?"

KETTLE IS ON!

Kaylets
09-16-2004, 06:40 AM
Oh, and BTW, thanks for your kind words about my investigation into becoming a WW's leader.... It's interesting how often the Detour becomes the Destination.....

ceara
09-16-2004, 08:31 AM
Ah ha...onto day 4. This not being too rigid is working at the present....I did my walk yesterday and actually got 3 sets of reps with three different exercises with light weights on the weight machine down here....that has been on my agenda for some time and it is mentally rewarding to at least have started it...I planned to do more but the phone rang and I had a bunch of other stuff to do suddenly...poo. So today back to the pavement and the machine. Let the Brain have the world.
Food was also OK....I did have 2 ryvata with 1 wedge of laughing cow last night at 11...but I was hungry and had forstood the :devil: temptation of really good looking donuts at the dog meeting...only had water (blub).

Weigh-in was successful last night too...lost 3 1/2 of the 5 I'd put on the week before...that female thing I guess...plus a seefood diet.

I'm consciously trying to drink at least a litre of water daily and take a multivitamin...so far so good...I'm a terrible pill taker!

How was the cake Anagram? Yesterday was my DD's 20th....we are having cake later in the month...likely after my parents get back from the cottage. She went out with her friends to the pubs downtown and stayed at a friends' house last night...she was intending to drink I think. (19 is the legal age here)

Good news on the DS Kaylets! Hopefully that experience has some impact on him and he pulls his act together....What kinda booth at the fair were you working Eydie? The kissing one? :o.

Anyway...gotta go hit the pavement then the machine and then....:dunno:

:wave: to all, present and MIA....how's the tadpole Frogger?

Ceara

Kaylets
09-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Hee hee-- the kissing booth! Very cute!

deleted2
09-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Haw! :lol: Nothing so exotic as the kissing booth, just a plain old information booth about my workplace. Hey, I'm very grateful I didn't have to kiss any of those grizzled old cobs wandering around the fairground, believe me! :o I don't mean any harm, but the fair really brings them out of the hills!!!!

One more day to make lunch for the art class and then maybe it'll be easier to get back on track. I love making lunch for them but I always end up eating too much because I dine with them. I know I don't have to, but it seems the hospitable thing to do.

Danger, Will Robinson! 2nd day without exercise!

ceara
09-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Rats! I like my booth better :s:

Well, I'm posting to report another good water, food and vitamin day....a cloudburst went through just as I got off-line...so I read some of Jorge Cruise's book...8 minutes in the morning etc and then went grocery shopping. This post is an effort to defeat the munch monkeys (why isn't that 'ies'?) 'cause I'm going to bed or the bath right after the send button is pushed. With Jorge.

Tomorrow I will walk the road, and do some weights...Yes master :yes:

Onto Day five...shortly!

Ceara

Arabella
09-17-2004, 06:16 AM
Fly-by. So much for horoscopes! Life seems harder, if anything, since the 15th. Bah! I know it's because I'm not responding to my needs, but trying to ignore them and just work. And I'm depressed over the end of summer and the fact that I only made it to the beach a couple of times. And the fact that that seems pretty typical in my life now. I'm not happy with the way things are. Maybe I'm unhappy enough to actually try to change? Jumped out of Core yesterday afternoon --- it's so predictable: I feel my needs are really not being met, ignore some more, find myself stuffing my face. Well, that's addiction, isn't it. Substance abuse. I'm going to finish my tea, go do some qi qong and then go for a run. I will not try to get more work done this morning than I can comfortably do while also having time for myself.

This afternoon I'm interviewing an artist who's in the process of losing her vision. She paints the most beautiful, dream-like paintings. There's a lesson there for me.

Sorry for the me-meness! Hope the post-15th energy kicked in better for all of you! I'm going to make a major effort to do my part towards it today.

Love to all! Let's take this day and do the best we can...

Kaylets
09-17-2004, 06:26 AM
hELLO ALL!

Speaking of me ness.... ME TOO!>... was really tired last night but thought it was too early to go to bed... should have... had 3 peanut butter sandwiches instead... I now realize that forgetting my lunch at home yesterday had me eating oatmeal 2x yesterday ... could be why I just couldnt stay away from the PB later... also, DH goes out on Thursday nights...

Lesson learned... better to go to bed too early...

FRIDAY!

Arabella... did you have any luck getting a response from Punkin??
Thanks for sharing about the artist...it was the germ for today's question.

Empress-- I finally asked for help and am now officially registered... but didnt see you! Where should I look?

Thought of the day:

"I never hit a shot, not even in practice, without having a very sharp, in focus picture of it in my head."
--Jack Nicklaus

Question of the day:
"What would we see if you painted a self portrait?"

Must run
KETTLE IS ON!

ceara
09-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Do-de-do-de-DO. The palace sure is echoey today!

Day 5 was a roaring sucess! Probably not enough water but I'm over that....odd day though. Exercise and food were good although I did eat out twice...brekkie...2 poached eggs, dry ww toast, tomatoes and coffee, lunch salad w/wine vinegar and oil and 1 piece deep-fried halibut, coffee....Okay it was fried....but oh so good. And I feel smarter today...the fish you know :lol:

Anyway onto Day 6....have walked already and may do a quick upper body weight routine, then off to work heigh-ho I go! Have to eat some brekkie yet...lunch is already made...left-over salad from dinner and fake crab...yum.

I'm outta here.....dum-de-dum-dum...

Ceara :wave:

Kaylets
09-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Hello all!

Woke up at 4:30 to bladder calling and thunder outside.... Dogs and I moved as quickly as possible and then went back to sleep... I finally got up about 7 :45 but no regrets as its raining steadily. Dh made up a quick stirfry from
a pot of vegetables we sauteed a few days ago. Trying to think ahead in as many ways as possible... keeps us from resorting to take out on the "need to get out the door " nights and also starves these little fruit flies we seem to be growing because veggies spoil b/4 we cook or eat them up.

anyway.... not the usual routine this am and it's nice to have nowhere to rush to...

Dh did find a couple of rain or shine sales so off we go....

:lol:

Amarantha2
09-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Lurking 'n workin' ... so in brevity mode and apologies to all ... seem to be in a me-me mode all-around these days and don't get a chance to talk here much and respond to everyone, but still thinking of everyone a lot ... Kaylets, I named myself for the grain ... re DT, I stick mostly to the journal forum ... the name's Athletea ... it's all about MOI!!! :lol:

I'm in pre-Halloween challenge mode ... Hag o' the Hut from the Scary Diet Forest is threatening to bring out the big magick this year ... I INTEND FOR THIS TO BE THE 135 REACHING YEAR! It'll take SOME magick, let me tell ya! :wizard:

Brain dead but must get some work done this weekend ... going to apply for the SECOND career job this week and must clear some mental decks ...

LOVE AUTUMN ... scary all-hallow's e'ens, challenges and changes, crisp fall days (as crisp as they get in the oven I call home) ...

To all, mentioned or unmentioned (guess I didn't mention too many folkettes besides MOI), avanti ... ok, working now ...

anagram
09-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks, all, for the convivial birthday wishes. It was great - I've been celebrating since last Saturday when the Crown Prince came for a few days. Then it was south to the Princess Royal and the two little princesses for another three days. Home, tired, fat.

Woke up to no power and water in the basement today - about five inches of rain they said. All ok by midmorning and the sun eventually came out and it was a beauty of a day with just a wee bit too much wind. Took off for a dept. store, walked around a bit, then the farmers market, more walking. Then a little festival (I love these) - got a good walk in there and returning to car. So today so far is good foodwise, exercisewise and waterwise. But alas it's the first day in a long time I can say that.

Feeling all those post 15th vibes though and ready to get all in gear. Planning to finish the garage cleanup, the files cleanup, the clothes switcheraoo, etc., etc. And probably get it all done by Wednesday (heh, heh).

Ceara, congrats on day 5! Nice to hear Hag o' the Hut is plotting again. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, Kaylets, with all the rain so slept in as well. I'd have to say I'm in a positive mood today for sure. Feeling like one of the most lucky people in the world and like I can get this weight thing back on track. Yeh, Yeh, Yeh!!!

deleted2
09-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Hi all! Agonizingly slowly but SURELY getting back on track. Will be requesting an audience with the fearsome but lovable Hag of the Hut for effective mojo for getting the right mindset back. [Hey that rhymes, sorta.]
Lovely as always to see you in the palace, Amarantha/Athletea!
Ceara, Congrats on Day 5 of stellar behaviour! Your'e my inspiration.
And Anagram is my inspiration for staying on track with keeping things reasonably clean! So easy to just ooze onto the couch and watch TV!
Kaylets, you're inspiring me to plan ahead. Have been sabotaging myself by not doing that the last couple of weeks.

Very windy last night and woke up to tons of broken branches. Very dramatic. And our electricity went out at midnight last night, so we cleaned ourselves up the best we could this AM and high-tailed it out of town, thinking surely by the time we got back our elect. would be back on and it was. [Sigh of relief....] Only out for about 15 hours this time.

Arabella
09-19-2004, 06:24 AM
I take it all back -- that post-15th energy did kick in, it just did it gradually over the period of a few days. Been feeling more positive daily since Friday and feel like myself again today (if we consider my self to be the one that enjoys life, doesn't over-stress about stuff, and eats healthily rather than the one that pushes herself to no good effect, worries about things instead of actually taking charge, feels depressed and eats to combat all this. Though poorly.

Just heard DH wake -- off to make the tea!

ceara
09-19-2004, 09:20 AM
What a beautiful day!

Did my walk already...not the whole road but the majority. I had Maddie with me and I'm not sure how her feet were doing with the asphalt. Food yesterday was not bad...had a glass of wine with dinner and some snackies...but the main point is that I didn't :ink: out on 'em. So that is a success. I'm mindfully watching portion control. That will continue to be one of my goals for this week. Declaring the day a success and onto Day 7...wow. Other thought for today...more water. Gonna keep a bottle in the car....when I do that I drink whilst driving :lol: and then really have to hit the ladies room when I get where I'm goin'!

Off for brekkie and then to church...gotta get DS up!

Ceara

anagram
09-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Good morning, AGAIN. Had done a long post in the earlier hours and apparently it didn't get from here to there. But too nice a day to let it matter. Probably should not have rambled so long any way.

Congratulations to Kaylets, Empress, Ceara on their dedication and wt losses. I'm all the way on Day 2 but that's ok. Wood Nymph, so glad the good vibes caught you up as they have me. And of course, you are the first SELF you described. You are, after all, a QUEEN. Wearing a new sweater and matching cardigan today that I'm not sure are fitting as well as I thought they did when I bought them. So add to other goals that I'll get this sweater looking better. They're pink and am wearing them w/black slacks so all will go nicely w/Vera Bradley bag DD gave me for my b.d. (She had given me one for Mom's Day also & I love it. Expect to love this one too.)

Meeting sister for lunch after church. No plans for rest of day except to "get it together". Leisurely.....

Kaylets
09-19-2004, 10:51 AM
HEllo all!

Forced myself to get up out of bed at S ish to make tomorrow am easier..
Am experimenting with no coffee at all... did have two cups of tea w/ caffeine and so far, don't have that nagging anxious feeling.....
We'll see...

Scale might be toying w/ me... we'll see... made a lot of progress so far 15 minutes at a time ... clutter was about to run me out of the house...
DH slept in very late himself but something I did must have motivated him as this moment he is sorting thru things in the fridge to be tossed.

I need to repot a few more "cool weather" plants...am going to experiment with a small pond liner ... want to turn it into a big planter... need to punch some holes in it.. ..

Meanwhile, the weather is definitely sox and sweater w/ jacket... really lovely ...

Till later!

wsw
09-20-2004, 06:12 AM
hello, dear royals! have caught up on your posts. i have been thinking of you all. the weather here was gorgeous yesterday, and a friend took me out to brunch at quaint little place, which was fun.

my mri's last week were challenging, and so glad they are over with! haven't been feeling too well, so it was extra enjoyable getting out yesterday. this morning, or rather middle of the night, i woke up to water dripping sounds. there is water dripping from the ceiling in the living room, so with not even 2 hours of sleep last night, i am definitely at half-mast today. as soon as the condo. management office opens, will call them and start what is usually the long, challenging process of getting them to do something. hopefully, won't have furniture or carpet damage. my condo. is definitely not in good shape, so not feeling too hopeful about outcome right now anyway. i'm also sleep-deprived, which isn't helping much either.

anagram, so glad all your birthday festivities were stellar! hi eydie, amarantha, ceara, kaylets, arabella! i have been thinking about you, even when unable to post. i am jewish, and as this is the jewish new, so far it hasn't started off that great for me. i plan to re-start my year, though, and remember that with each new day is always a new, fresh start. it is a good time for reflection, and taking a look at my situation and seeing which things need attention, and how to achieve some needed changes. self-examination isn't always the easiest thing in the world, but certainly important and rewarding in the end. i just have to keep this in mind as i am plugging away at some challenging stuff. anyway, i have remained op and kept up with exercising, so pleased about this. i think today is supposed to be another beautiful day, so looking forward to getting out and enjoying some of that. to all royals, mentioned and unmentioned. take good care of yourselves. you're the best!

Arabella
09-20-2004, 06:46 AM
Good morning! I'm on double-deadline today, so mustn't linger too long at the moment. Doing the artist profile write-up and have a newsletter to finish and send out for Whatis. Doable, but I certainly have seen many times where I'd futz around and waste time until it was nip and tuck. :nono: Will be efficient today! :yes:

I also have WI today -- not sure how that will be. I think I had 3 exemplary days, 1 so-so and 3 not-so-good. We'll see! And this week will be better!

I'll try to get back in later! Kisses!

Kaylets
09-20-2004, 06:48 AM
Hello all!

WSW! ouch! I can only imagine what it must have been like to listen to that water dripping all night long... wondering, worrying! I hope at least you get more sleep!.... Nobody wants to deal with a water leak! Yikes!

Ceara- thanks for your note... I went there, had trouble logging in again, reset... and then had to leave the house...not sure why that website is so fussy ... starting to remind me of the Empress's problems w/ this site....
My guess is browsers and etc are not a good fit...
But you know me, I'll keep trying...

Another weekend passed by at the speed of light! Have to admit I did get two "naps" in although both of them were more "watching reruns laying down"...

Did go bowling last night w/ DH ... didnt do as well as I would;ve liked but didnt make a fool of myself either... really need to get stronger and feel more confident out there... Finally am starting to recognize when I am not standing straight, etc...
All of this is a struggle for me as I am not a natural athelete .... Luckily, the team DH and I paired up with is mostly only in it for the fun.... although no one minds when we do well!

Thought of the day :

"People can change. Make the effort. Take the time and change yourself."
---Dali Lama

Question of the day :

"Will you vote on Nov 11?"

PS-- does anyone a "garden pond"? I need some info about the black pond "form" ... Are most of them just hard plastic or are they metal coated w/ the plastic? I tried to pound a hole in one to make myself a big planter and the nail and hammer just bounced....

any thoughts??

On a completely different note, I watched a Book Notes (not sure I have the name right..) featuring Bobby Kennedy, Jr... he was explaining how the asthma rate has doubled in the last 30 yrs but in the last 5 yrs that figure has more than doubled again...
Also, that we are have lots and lots of mercury in our bodies from the air we breathe...
This can be directly linked to companies in the Ohio Valley who are burning coal-related products w/o removing the mercury...
These outfits were found guilty in court and were to be held responsible but shortly afterwards, the federal law was changed to allow mercury to be released into the atmosphere...

Very similiar scenarios for other enormous wealthy companies mining mountain tops in WV w/o permits. Dynamiting the mountain tops off to get to the ore beneath... the mountain top is dumped into the river valley below, suffocating everything beneath...
again, they were found guilty in court...
and again, very quickly, the federal law was changed...

I find this all very compelling as Bobby Kennedy Jr has no interest in holding a public office and has been an environmentalist for over 20 yrs....

In many respects, we have been "lulled" into thinking that we are now "protecting" the enviromnent...
Or, let me put it this way.... I believed we were ...

BTW, the book is "Crimes Against Nature"... Bobby Kennedy Jr....

PS.... The mercury in our bodies has been found to be the direct cause of
lower IQ's in babies plus a host of other abnormalities and health problems...
I find this very eyeopening .....
Especially since the biggest block of people who DO NOT vote are single women of child bearing age....The "experts" believe these women don't feel the issues have are not releveant to them....

I think the point is that there are too many folks paying for decisions thinking most of us are looking the other way....

Sorry to be so long...

KETTLE IS ON!

deleted2
09-20-2004, 06:55 PM
wsw, glad your MRI ordeal's over. And sorry to hear about the leak---that kind of thing is such a pain, no getting around it or being positive about it. Hope it resolves itself soon. Thank you for giving us abit of info on Rosh Hoshanna; it's always so interesting to hear about other traditions.

Arabella, good luck with the double deadline frenzy. thanks for checking in with us. Hey, is it my imagination or have I heard you mention 'radiant recovery', and the whole cutting down on sugar thing. I'm giving that a try now. So far so good!

I have 2 good days behind me now! What a difference 48 hours can make. My body is thanking me for giving it great food and less sugar and caffiene!
:D

deleted2
09-20-2004, 07:00 PM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 cup scrambled egg sub.
1 veg. 'sausage'

2 whole wheat toast w/ lite Swiss, peppers, onion, lettuce, mustard
1 hard-boiled egg
chocolate-bran muffin
apple

lentil-butternut soup
green beans
cornbread w/ carrot-onion butter

snacks: 1 little box raisins
ww tortilla w/ lite cheese, curried cabbage
banana w/ 1 tbsp. cashew butter

calories: 1475
fiber: 36 grams
fat: 31 grams
water: 10 glasses
exercise: 45 min. "Firm" cardio-sculpt video
3 miles treadmill

Kaylets
09-21-2004, 06:21 AM
Hello all!

Yesterday was like a long race that had me getting further and further behind... Phones were nonstop... oddball, left field questions ...

Yesterday's official weigh in did show a loss but only .4 .. I tried to stay "empty" but the crazy day had me eating nearly a pound of baby carrots and a couple apples as well as my tofu scramblers.... Glad I had on hand what I did or that bag of candy corn left near the coffee pot might have been irresitble!

WSW- any good news about the water leak? Sending Super good vibes that the water stops coming in and the cleanup is done by someone other than yourself!

Eydie-- If only we could bottle that "Feel so good" feeling to remind us when our memory grows dim! Come to think of it, maybe that is the upside of being Off Plan !! That getting back On Plan feels so good!!

So... here we go Tuesday, here we go!

Empress! Super good vibes your way regarding career ! All of that is so nervewracking ( from my point of you) and so hard to keep in mind that it is just a big chess game...and for some of us who were taught its not nice to brag about oneself, can be a real challenge to sell our skills ...
But Empress, that is where having so many other alter could really come in handy... Hmmmmm... wonder who which one of mine I should send to the office today??

Arabella, Anagram... My favorite A team! How goes it this Tuesday??

Frogger! Or should I be saying MOMMY!! I have a feeling I should be!

Ceara! UPDATE PLEASE!

In fact, all Royals far and wide, known and unknown, please stop by for a status check!! Just a short stop in to fill us in !! ;)

Thought of the day :

"Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them."
--John Updike, critic and writer

Question of the day :

"How many cups of coffee do you drink a day? a week?"

Must be off... believe it or not, I am carrying an apple/oatmeal cobbler on the bus today for "snack day"....( hee, hee, its a CORE recipe)

KETTLE IS ON!

Arabella
09-21-2004, 08:25 AM
WI yesterday had me down 1.2 :cp: Too bad I was in a rush and didn't have time to pee beforehand, or I'd have been into the next "decade" for sure. I am getting to Onederland by Christmas :yes:

I've got a lot of work to finish by the end of the month, as per usual, but it will only be crazy if I let it get that way. And the worst thing I can do is to try and force myself to do it all at once. No good ever comes of that! Balance is crucial!

Kaylets, Core apple cobbler? :T I must peruse these Core recipes! Re: coffee -- too many :coffee: I'm like you, sometimes a single cup can set my nerves ajangle. Other times, though, I can drink buckets searching vainly for the buzz. I'm not really working on cutting down my coffee consumption right now -- I figure I've got enough to work on. I do try to keep it all before noon, though, so it doesn't interfere with my sleep too much.

Eydie, yes, I've tried the radiant recovery thing to good effect. For me, it seems to always come down to an emphasis on healthy carbs, somewhat limited. Sadly, in my case, that includes wheat bread :cry: I've found that any of the "smart carb" type plans work well for me and make me feel good.

Anagram, thanks for the description of your outfit. It sounds elegant! I love having "visuals" of the Royals! I love clothes, although I often wear the same things all the time. Thinking I must start hitting the second-hand stores again soon. Which reminds me:

Wildfire, shopping :queen: of Cape Breton -- if you're lurking, stop in and say :wave:

wsw, hope you got rested up again after the water torture and MRIs. Oh, this is hard enough when one is feeling well! :grouphug:

Ceara, good for you, keeping track! For the first time, I've started actually tracking my flex points. It definitely makes me more likely to think carefully about what to eat when some things must be tracked and others not.

Must away! Love to all, mentioned or unmentioned -- let's make this a good one!

Arabella
09-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah -- here I am again. Just looking for the "patting self on back" smiley, or failing that the "high five" because I added an extra 10 mins to my run today :cp: :cp: I'm going to register for the Breast Cancer Run for the Cure 5k (I so appreciate people who limit races to something I can -- just barely -- do!) on Oct. 2, and ran 5k on Saturday. I did something like it today, but it was in the woods, so I don't know exactly how far it was. Anyway, at the end, I thought "I could do a sprint" and did! Time to start throwing in intervals, I guess.

deleted2
09-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Congrats to Kaylets for releasing .4 pound into the wild, and big congrats to Arabella too for losing over a pound and for making the bold decision to enter a 5K! Oh and for adding an extra 10 minutes to her run. Love that!

Another good day for me [so far]. I feel like I'm coming back to my senses. Making every effort to do what I know works for me. I wish that I weren't so "all or nothing". I know I've mentioned it before, but when my food plan goes off I don't work out, and vice versa. It's inevitable that I'll have slips; I just want to get it firmly in my mind that I can get right back on track if I want to. A week or two doesn't have to pass.

About today's question: I'm really trying to limit myself to one cup of coffee per day [and Garry makes the BEST coffee, so it's difficult to limit myself], that 2nd cup isn't as good as the first and sometimes leaves me feeling a little green. Last week while trying to decide if I should try substituting green tea for my afternoon coffee, a gentleman taking the art class at work gives me 150 bags of different varieties of Twining's green tea out of nowhere. I took that as a sign that I should give it a try! Not as rich as my beloved coffee, but I think I could get attached to it.

deleted2
09-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Forgot to mention: I read an article in "People" last night interviewing Oprah. And she said that she was doing Pilates now, she'd had a session every day this summer and Miss Winfrey is looking really nice and lean these days!
Guess who's off to do a little Pilates right now, while I have the strength! :)

Kaylets
09-22-2004, 06:33 AM
Hello all!

Just filled the kettle for tea as I know I have to stop after the one cup of coffee and noticed a tiny rust spot inside the kettle... HOW ANNOYING! Must be that sometimes I let water sit in the kettle... I know for a fact that nothing but water has ever touched the inside of the kettle....
Ah well....

Arabella- Thanks for mentioning Anagram's wardrobe...I nearly missed that post.. Pink is such flattering shade for nearly everyone...for me, the more pastel the better...
Yes, looking better in clothes certainly is motivating...
And Arabella-- congrats on the run!! You are amazing to me as I sometimes have trouble walking... and lately have noticed knee twinges at unexpected moments... Hats off to you!

Eydie- Its DEFINITELY something but DH and I have discussed lately... to rely on what we know best, even though other avenues seem more appealing or profitable... My point is... we do best at what we do best....
in fact... I think that's today's thought of the day....
You know Pilates, you have had great success w/ Pilates, you have a great way w/ people... you are very interested in helping folks feel uplifted and positive ( I remember the "You're wonderful" cards!) ...
Pilates has SO many pluses .... including btw, "putting yourself out there"...

Oh, don't think I don't understand that tickling feeling in your stomach everytime you think of facnig the "class".... As soon as I turned in my "employemnt application" to my WW's leader and she said "This will get faxed to headquarters first thing!" my stomach tightened up.... But...
what am I thinking?? turned into... I KNOW WHAT TO SAY! This is an issue I've been dealing with for a long, long time.... In fact, I am the "slow learner" success story.... took me almost 30 yrs .... and how many other leaders can say the same thing...

So....
bet you're all wondering how many cups of coffee I've had...
Just one... but I do feel motivated this am... was stressing a lot last night about what's on my desk ... AS I booked next week off for vacation ... just yesterday... have the time coming, need to use it or lose it... And there is lots to do here at home...

anyway...
Hugs and Hello to ALL ROYALS! Its the first day of fall ( isn't it?) and we are on the next leg of The Great Adventure!

Thought of the day:
"We do best at what we do best."
--Kaye

Question of the day :

"Now that you know the outcome, what one thing would have done differently?"

Kettle is on!

Punkinseed
09-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Hello lovelies,

Yes, me again, back from yet another MIA episode...

Don't have much time, but I really miss you guys - I think about you all everyday.

WSW - I see you're ok! I've been thinking about you especially with everything going on down there!

In a nutshell -

~ We've been busy working on the paperwork to become a certified woman/minority owned business (tons o' paperwork). Not sure what it'll get us in the long run, but we were asked to by one of our clients since my mom and I own more than 75% of the company. The application is 12 pages long and requires us to submit 24 pieces of paperwork/documentation to "prove" we're women and own the business (no joke, they want birth certificates that say we'er female).

Life stuff - all of which contains more than a bit of serendipity/"coincedence"...

~ Early August I lost a friendship (NOT one of my CA girls!). I still have mixed feelings about it really... You see, I almost lost my youngest cat, Maia - she'd had 2 seizures in front of me, they found nothing the first time - the second time she went in to the vets for almost 3 days. They did a GI series and found an impacted hairball which was cutting off her air and blood supply to her brain when she tried to cough it up. The surgery was going to cost me $800, which I was ready to pay in a heartbeat. Maia's my baby and I was in no way ready to loose her. I was extremely upset and worried though so I called a "friend", the one who had the mama cat of my Maia, and before I could even tell her the whole story she said - 3 times - "hun, you need to let her go" - as in "it's too expensive and inconvenient, put her to sleep". No support, no words of encouragement or sympathy, just "let her go". Needless to say I mumbled something about how I needed to calm down and I hung up on her. A week later she emailed me berating me for doing this *to her* and ended the friendship. I'm still a little sad, but mostly really pissed that she thought SHE had the right to end the friendship. If anyone should have told anyone to bugger off, it should'a been me - for her lack of support, caring and TACT. I don't need friends like that and I haven't missed her yet. Just holding a **** of a grudge I guess...

Oh, and the morning after I hung up on the "friend", Maia miraculously passed the hairball. The vet was in shock and couldn't explain it - he said the hair mass was huge and shouldn't have been able to pass. I knew Maia had done the whole thing to help me end a toxic friendship - she's been fine ever since... but she still has to endure extra brushings and Laxitone for the rest of her life juuuuuuust in case!

~ My last grandparent, my Papa passed away a few weeks ago. He'd lost control of his truck crashed down a 30 foot cliff on his property (he had 25 acres, mostly hilly) and by freak chance someone almost 1/2 mile away heard him yelling for help. He wasn't carrying any emergency contact info so the hospital just started calling people with his last name in the local phone book - again, freak chance, they found my Papa's nephew who had *just* been found a few years ago to be living by him. He, in turn called us, but by then it'd been over 24 hours since the accident. My mom and stepfather took off for CA and in the time it took them to get there the hospital found that my grandfather had had prostate cancer for a very, very long time and that it had metasticized into his spinal column. Because of the swollen prostate he also had a bladder and kidney infection which had spread to his blood. In the accident he'd fractured one vertibrae and dislocated another. My mom, stepfather and his sister spent 2 days with him before they moved him into hospice care - he died not 45 minutes later.

But, there's good news too... Bo-Beena and I (and her hubby and daughter and our other girlfriend and her hubby) all just got back from our annual houseboat trip. Bo-Beena wasn't feeling too good 2 days later and yesterday I got a phone call I've been waiting for for YEARS. BO-BEENA'S GONNA HAVE A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cb: Yup, I'm gonna be an auntie again! It really makes what seems to be a year of constant losses not so bad anymore. New life.

So, with all the above, and more I haven't mentioned, weight wise I'm doing my best to hold steady. I haven't regained it all by any means - but I'm still nowhere near goal yet either. I'm feeling the change coming again though. Time to get heathly, support my Bo-Beena through her pregnancy (which they'll consider high risk because of her daughter being born 9 weeks early) and get movin' again towards my goal...

Missed you all bunches, will make every effort to not disappear again!

Terri

Arabella
09-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Flying by again! I've got my writing group coming to the house for a potluck and writing session tonight and -- of course -- work to do as well :rolleyes: I scheduled the evening when DH had a business trip scheduled (meaning I would have more time on my hands, wouldn't have to get up at 5:30 the next morning, etc.), but then his plans changed. Oh well. I'm still feeling a bit under the weather and tired, so I think before I do anything else I'm just going to go lie on the couch and look at magazines for a bit. Otherwise, I bet I'd end up not only not getting much work done, not being ready for the potluck and also find myself stuffing my face mid-afternoon (and maybe again tonight) out of fatigue and stress.

Punkin's back!!! :cb: :cb: :cb:

Welcome home, Sweetie. So sorry about your grandfather; so happy about Bo-Beena! Life and death, huh. :grouphug:

K -- that's my status! Let's make this a good one -- love to all, mentioned or unmentioned.

Kaylets
09-23-2004, 06:40 AM
Hello all!

Punkin! So glad you stopped by! :) :) Was definitely wondering and worried.
Very sorry to hear about your grandfather. My best to you and your family.

Please try not to be away so long again!

And now, onto ME ME ME!!

Getting ready for next's week vacation from work has had a few teeth grinding moments. We also had visitors which meant lots of treats which wound up on a desk right in front of me... And of course, the 2nd day the leftovers sat there is when I felt my knee jerk reaction ... But I resisted but its fraying my nerves... mini danishes, fruited breads, etc... we had a potluck "snack day" and I brought an apple cobbler but there wasnt much left so there was nothing safe yesterday... Insteasd I ate a bag of baby carrots...
in about 20 minutes...

anyway...
all in all, this is nothng... I need to put this food stress thing in perspective and focus on the great weather!!, good friends!!, growing garden !!

Thought of the day:

"We need to learn to set our course by the stars, not by the lights of every passing ship."
--General Omar Bradley

Question of the day ;

"Can you identify any constellations?"

KETTLE IS ON!

Kaylets
09-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Hollywood Squares

If you remember the Original Hollywood Squares and its comics, this may bring a tear to your eyes. These great questions and answers are from the days when Hollywood Squares" game show responses were spontaneous and clever, not scripted and (often) dull, as they are now. Peter Marshall was the host asking the questions, of course. Enjoy !

Q. Do female frogs croak?
A. Paul Lynde: If you hold their little heads under water long enough.

Q. If you're going to make a parachute jump, at least how high should you be?
A. Charley Weaver: Three days of steady drinking should do it.

Q. True or False, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years.
A. George Gobel: Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes

Q. You've been having trouble going to sleep. Are you probably a man or a woman?
A. Don Knotts: That's what's been keeping me awake.

Q. According to Cosmopolitain, if you meet a stranger at a party and you think that he is attractive, is it okay to come out and ask him if he's married?
A. Rose Marie: No; wait until morning.

Q. Which of your five senses tends to diminish as you get older?
A. Charley Weaver: My sense of decency.

Q. In Hawaiian, does it take more than three words to say "I Love You"?
A. Vincent Price: No, you can say it with a pineapple and a twenty.

Q. What are "Do It," "I Can Help," and "I Can't Get Enough"?
A. George Gobel: I don't know, but it's coming from the next apartment.

Q. As you grow older, do you tend to gesture more or less with your hands while talking?
A. Rose Marie: You ask me one more growing old question Peter, and I'll give you a gesture you'll never forget.

Q. Paul, why do ****'s Angels wear leather?
A. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.

Q. Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during the first year?
A. Charley Weaver: Of course not, I'm too busy growing strawberries.

Q. In bowling, what's a perfect score?
A. Rose Marie: Ralph, the pin boy.

Q. It is considered in bad taste to discuss two subjects at nudist camps. One is politics, what is the other?
A. Paul Lynde: Tape measures.

Q. During a tornado, are you safer in the bedroom or in the closet?
A. Rose Marie: Unfortunately Peter, I'm always safe in the bedroom.

Q. Can boys join the CampFire Girls?
A. Marty Allen: Only after lights out.

Q. When you pat a dog on its head he will wag his tail. What will a goose do?
A. Paul Lynde: Make him bark?

Q. If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to?
A. Paul Lynde: Whatever it is, it would never be afraid of the dark.

Q. According to Ann Landers, is their anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people?
A. Charley Weaver: It got me out of the army.

Q. It is the most abused and neglected part of your body, what is it?
A. Paul Lynde: Mine may be abused, but it certainly isn't neglected.

Q. Back in the old days, when Great Grandpa put horseradish on his head, what was he trying to do?
A. George Gobel: Get it in his mouth.

Q. Who stays pregnant for a longer period of time, your wife or your elephant?
A. Paul Lynde: Who told you about my elephant?

Q. When a couple have a baby, who is responsible for its sex?
A. Charley Weaver: I'll lend him the car, the rest is up to him.

Q. Jackie Gleason recently revealed that he firmly believes in them and has actually seen them on at least two occasions. What are they?
A. Charley Weaver: His feet.

Q. According to Ann Landers, what are two things you should never do in bed?
A. Paul Lynde: Point and Laugh

deleted2
09-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Kaylets, Garry and I both thank you for this morning's Hollywood Squares post. That was great! And it gave us a chance to do our Paul Lynde impressions! ;)
That's so great that you were able to rsist the goodies right in front of you--I always try to tell myself I'll be okay if I JUST DON'T START. If I have a taste then I'm lost, the floodgates are open. Yesterday at work I baked 160 'brownie' cookies and had to remind myself to not have any, not even those little bits that break off.
I'm feeling good about cutting drastically back on sugar. I'd gotten to the point where I'd have about 4-5 sweet treats every day. Yesterday all I had was a little chocolate-bran muffin as my sweet. Now that's not to say that the cravings are gone. All I have to do is swing open a cupboard door and see a granola bar or a box of cake mix and the old urge is right there. Hoping it'll get less with time. I can say that my energy level is way up---I haven't crashed in the afternoons.

Punkinseed! When I saw your name I gasped--yes I did! I was so happy to see you again. Very sorry to hear about your Grandpa--how's your family doing? Delighted to hear that Maia is well! And I know all to well the relief/regret thing that goes with HAVING to get rid of a toxic friend---so if you ever need to talk about it, well, it'd be good for me too! Even after 2 years, there are aspects that confound me. Ahh, I'm so glad you're back. Never doubt that you were missed!!!

Arabella, how was your book group? Geez, I'm such a food hound. My first impulse is to ask how the grub was, not the title of the book!!! I'd love to know the answer to both. The order's up to you!

Have a great day, friends!

Punkin's back! Tra la, happy happy! Now if we could only persuade Cerise and Zadie back. And Mom Frogger? What's the word?

Arabella
09-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Good morning, all! The writing group potluck was good -- didn't actually get any writing done though :rolleyes: Shoulda known! First meeting of the year, so I guess everyone wanted to talk. Ah well. Next time I'll crack the whip! The food was pretty typical of that kind of thing -- spring rolls, hummus & veggies, etc. Lots of chocolate for dessert -- brownies, mini chocolate-covered cheesecakes. I had modest amounts of everything but no dessert. Had a few drinks. I didn't count, but I assume I've pretty much used all my flex points so I'm going to try to use them minimally the rest of the week.

I had kind of mixed feelings about the evening. Maybe because I felt unready for it and couldn't afford the time I put in getting ready. And I would have liked to be able to control the evening better (HELLO? WRITING group :lol:). There was some discussion to the point that we were nominally a writing group but mainly a talking/eating group. Thought of maybe becoming a dancing group). I had good intentions, but it was sort of like herding cats.

I'm not having any residual cravings for carbs, and feel just as gung ho and determined as before the evening, so ONWARD!! Love to all!

ceara
09-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Mornin' all!

One of the lost :dance: has come home! :wave: Punkin! Sorry to hear about Grand dad, glad about Bo-Beena. Good for you on the business venture. Glad you're back.

What's the scoop on the tadpole?

Loved the extra this a.m. K....have sent it onto others.

Kinda rushing....need to wash a dog...she's entered this week end...have gotten back from an oil change...on the car, and whilst they were doing it I walked the town....having a :coffee: and then off to the tub!

Glad that someone released .4 into the stratosphere...unfortunately it and another .6 found me! Darn It....weigh in was up 1 last night...however I know why...BAD food choices....munch monkey is on my back. Good so far today....it's a new one!

Ceara :wave: to all!

deleted2
09-23-2004, 07:56 PM
Forgive me, Arabella--I wasn't paying full attention. Didn't get that it was your writing group, thought it was abook club thing. We're having the author Sharon McCrumb at the Homestead this Sunday and she must've been on the edges of my little monkey brain--that and the fact that I have to do a reception for about 100 people at the event! :dizzy: Sorry, I'll try to be more mindful! And congrats on not indulging in the sweet treats there. My current favorite sugar stand-in is a very ripe banana cut up into bite-size pieces with a blop of cashew butter on top! Yum indeed.

5 good days for me. Woo-hoo!

Tomorrow we're going to an event called Mayberry Days in Mt Airy, NC---it's Andy Griffith's birthplace and TVLand is putting up a bronze statue of him there. Anyway, it's an annual event and it's so corny and completely charming. Don't know if you've seen the old Andy Griffith show but the town will be crawling with Barney Fife, Floyd, Aunt Bea, etc. imitators! It's a blast! Corny to the extreme but loads of fun!

Arabella
09-24-2004, 06:59 AM
Good morning!

I did it -- registered for the Breast Cancer Run for the Cure. Mixed feelings of excitement and trepidation, but I know I can do it and it's for a good cause. The route is great, right along the waterfront, which is my favorite out-of-the-woods place to run. Also, now I know that running that route is 5k, for future runs. :cp: :cp:

Eydie! Yikes! I just realized that my yell about it being a WRITING group could have been construed to have been directed at you. Nope! Omigosh -- if I started dinging people for things like that -- well, I could open myself to a lot of similar dingings. No, it was just about the group, and our "forgetting" the purpose of what we were gathered for when we got around a table of food and drink :rolleyes: I think I'm going to have to try to do it again, with an agenda, just to prove I can! Banana and cashew butter sounds yummy! And Mayberry Days sounds adorable -- wish I could go. I adore corny, nostalgic kinds of events. Parades? Oh my!

Congrats on the five days!

Kaylets, thanks for the Hollywood Squares jokes! They really were quite hilarious, weren't they. You're going on vacation next week? How wonderful! Are you just staying home? In some ways, that's my idea of a vacation, just having TIME, blessed TIME, at home.

Ceara, darn that munch monkey! And they're so tenacious, too, the little buggers! Shoo!

Might :queen: Punkin drop in and pronounce this Friday? :cb: :cb:

K -- off to get brekkie. Love to all! Let's make this a good one!

Kaylets
09-24-2004, 07:06 AM
Hello all!

Some of my favorite shows were on last night... set the vcr to tape ER but I woke right up when the Apprentice came on and wound up not going to sleep till midnight!
You know what happened this am!
Nearly "talked" myself into a second cup of coffee but realized I'm better off CALM and tired than JAZZED and tired. Need to clear off the rest of my desk today so I can leave w/ a clear conscience...

Boy oh boy has this been a hungry feeling week for me! Even when I know I just ate a big bowl of soup or oatmeal... Really think my body is in super overdrive trying to "save" me from starving ... HEE HEE...
Bob Greene, Oprah's trainer says if you can resist those "oh so hungry" moments, that's when you're body than goes to the fat reserve .... Hope he's right!

Thought of the day:
"The size of your success is determined by the size of your belief"--
Vic Johnson--

Question of the day:
"Salt or pepper?"

KETTLE IS ON !
To a great Friday!

Just think, next week I'll be near the home computer all week long! YIKES!
Not to worry, I am making a list, inside and out and am going to do lots and lots of 15 minutes to knock lots and lots OFF the list!

deleted2
09-24-2004, 03:12 PM
We got up at the crack of dawn today to go to Mayberry Days, it's only 1 1/2 hours away but we wanted to walk for an hour before the unveiling at 9:30. We took our own healthy breakfast and snax with us too. [So virtuous...] I don't think I mentioned in my last post that Andy Griffith was going to be there to "accept" the statue, so we got to see him and that was fun. He spoke for 30 minutes and what a gracious speech he gave. I actually got a little teary once or twice. I know, I'm just a gooshy marshmallow. :rolleyes: Anyway, huge crowd. but everyone was really friendly as always and I'm glad we went. Garry took lots of corny pictures of me with the mayberry look-alikes too.
Only splurge was having some homemade ice cream from one of the vendors; at least it had some microscopic fragments of fruit in it.

Arabella, when is the 5K? Is it a 'flat' run? I ask because everything's so hilly here.
About your frustration with the writing group---I've had a similar experience with a meditation group, unfortunately it just kinda faded away. It's hard to get a group to focus. I love the 'herding cats' analogy!

Wildfire
09-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Hello Ladies! I heard :queen: Arabella calling from way over yonder and decided it was time to end my journey to the far reaches of the Queendom and return to the palace. I see :queen: Punkin has also returned. Welcome home, my dear!

A very happy belated birthday to Anagram! :hat:

I got my car back from the collision center about 10 days ago. Seems to be running well, but I have issues with some wind noise on the front passenger side and it is slightly out of alignment, so it will be going back. They are waiting for one section of splashguard for the driver's side, so there is a creak in that spot...I'm hoping when it's all connected again the creak will be fixed. Feeling better...wrist is no longer popping out of joint, and back/shoulders/neck are better, although I still have constant pain right where your neck bends backwards...my "flip top head" joint as I've been calling it. Headaches from that, and it is still painful to have to turn around to back out of a parking spot or the like. Still hoping time will take care of that, as there isn't much physical therapy to help that spot.

I was on a great roll with walking in the evenings for a few weeks. My sister came to visit with baby Jase on the 15th and left yesterday, so although we walked in the evenings it was more of a stroll and not very far. Jase, of course, is the cutest baby ever! He is four months old as of yesterday, and weighs just over 9lbs. I'll post links to some pictures. Unfortunately, my sister caught a cold on the plane, and Jase got it on his second day here. So we had a sick mom and a sick baby for their visit. They didn't get to do much, but my sister was just glad to be away from home for a bit...change of scenery and extra hands with the baby.
http://friendpages.com/pages/writers/wildfire9600/photo42.jpg
http://friendpages.com/pages/writers/wildfire9600/photo43.jpg
http://friendpages.com/pages/writers/wildfire9600/photo44.jpg

So I'm getting back on the walking track and I've found company. Moses will be accompanying me. He's a full-size black poodle, five months old so not quite full grown yet, and just a darling. His owner works very early shifts driving a bus and is often too tired in the evenings to take him out, so I asked if I could and she agreed. I need to pick up some treats for him and hope to have a trial run with him this weekend.

That's about it in a nutshell. I can't possibly catch up with everything I've missed, so I'm going to take it from here.

Have a lovely Saturday!

anagram
09-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Big hugs to Wildfire and Punkin. The palace has been empty w/o you. Punkin, so sorry about Grandpa and so very happy to hear BoBeena's good news. And Wildfire, hope car is soon in good shape and that the lingering pains leave you so you'll be even better than ever. Aren't those baby hugs good for everything?

I seem to have been away longer than I realized and (like Wildfire) probably won't catch up with everything. I must, however, wish wsw a belated Happy New Year. Are you exempt from fasting because of your technical difficulties or have you been working that in too? I admire your steadfastness and staying so on plan.

And Wood Nymph, so proud of you and the Breast Cancer Run. DDIL does that one most years and has a large collection of their shirts - most made into a bed quilt.

Ceara, how'd this weekend's show go? Eydie, thought of you and Mayberry Days as we trudged for more than two hours at a Fair. We had planned to go to a nearby favorite but it was cancelled because of last weekend's flooding. So we picked another a bit over an hour away. It was interesting enough but many exhibits had closed out last night and they were a far distance away from the rest anyway. Still it was a touch of small town America and I love that.

I've finished (for now) the garage cleanup. Much still to go but at least now I know where it is. Neighborhood garage sale next weekend but haven't decided yet to do it. Could only do one day as committed to the princess's other day. At least should put out my Granny stuff (high chair, portacrib, etc.) as I'm not expecting to need them again any time soon. Kaylets inspires me so in that direction but hard to get me moving.

anagram
09-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Monday's coming of the Harvest Moon likely means the end of our sojourn in the Summer Palace. Time now for all Queens to prepare for the move back to the Grand Palace of Renewed Intention and Stalwart Dedication to our own Healthy Quest. We will be just in time to band bravely together to face the calorie laden perils coming in the next few months.

The return of Wildfire and Punkin from the furthest reaches of the kingdom bodes well for a Grand Convocation of Queens. I've even heard reports of E. Crone and Hag O'hut ocasionally scouting out the environs. Mayhap they are planning great challenges for our future sprints.

Be alert for future reports on a new little princess and on Kaylets new WW direction and Eydie's Pilates class. And mayhap a special visit from our Empress? I've even heard a rumor Kaylet's will make available a new and specially designed Fresh Start Card though it seems so many Queens are staying so dedicated that few may be needed.

I just love Fall and hopefully it will crisply announce it's arrival here in a few days. The actual "fall" feeling has been lagging a bit behind the calendar here in Central PA.

Amarantha2
09-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi, all!!! I miss everyone but am still having troubles with this site (it's the software issue again). Sorry for the lack of personal responses (thinking the computer's going to kick me out of here so no time) but wanted to say hello and give a weight loss (actually a weight GAIN) update. I just posted this in my Diettalk journal:

Hear ye, hear ye: Due to the deep dilemma of Athletea's FALSE evil Demon Scale LYING about her weight this week (we aren't gonna talk about that), Athletea and the Scary Hallowe'en Challenge team of Challenge Director Hag o' the Hut, Nutritional Expert Elberta Crone (the fab 'n fit 100-year-old spa cook) and Athletic Director Elbertine Pep have been closeted this a.m. in emergency consultation ... the Cute Ghostie also attended!

A few minutes ago, the team emerged from the meeting and Director Hag made the following announcement: "LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN!!! Having consulted the boiling cauldron and the crystal ball and entering some figures into a spreadsheet, we've come up with the following challenge for Athletea from today, September 26 to Hallowe'en weekend (A's fav holiday): Change the dross of EVIL WEIGHT GAIN (represented by 159.2 pounds) to the gold of HAPPY WEIGHT LOSS (represented by 154 pounds) by the alchemy of losing 5.2 challenge pounds BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!! There's no reward. Virtue beith its own reward, someone once said. Athletea's mission is to carry the team to victory. No excuses will be accepted for failure."

Elbertine Pep and Elberta Crone issued a joint statement: "In order to meet her goals, Challenger Athletea will have to adhere strictly to Flexpoints (although that's not part of the challenge and slipups are to be expected). We've also asked that A remove yet another point from the maximum food points on her Flexpoints calculator. She still seems to be eating too many points to reach her goal, even when she's not cheating."

Here's the way the figures will fall out over the five weeks of challenge. Of course, A is free to exceed her mission:

159.2 (September 26)
158 (October 3)
157 (October 10)
156 (October 17)
155 (October 24)
154 (October 31)

The Scary Hallowe'en Challenge is a project of the Athletea-Will-Reach-135-Pounds-by-2005 Consortium. For more information, contact Hag o' the Hut at Challenge Headquarters in the Dark Diet Forest ... if ye DARE!!!!!!!

Again, sorry for the me-me postie. Love to all! Thinking about you guys all the time!

Kaylets
09-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Hello all!

Well, sure feels like I'm on vacation! Schedule? Who said schedule? Seems like
the longer I believe I am on vacation the more things are jumping on the TO DO List....

First time in the longest had a sinus headache nearly all day... At first, I thought it was a head cold but since I feel much much better since I chopped up onions and garlic for chili, I now blame sinus....

Since we are due for another 2 week sprint.. I'm wondering if we should also
use the Empress's theme of Trick or Treat.... hmmmm

Opinions??

Need to stir the chili...

WILDFIRE!! So glad to see you!

Arabella
09-27-2004, 06:39 AM
Fly-by -- took the weekend off, and now we're into the sprint to the dreaded EOM (end o' month). Must work hard, but at least feel equal to the task for once. And next month will be better (stop me if you've heard that one -- no, it REALLY will!) Went for a 2-hour hike (fast, hilly) with DH on Saturday and then ran the race route yesterday. Good thing, too because I had a couple of face-stuffing episodes -- Darn that munch monkey! Still, I feel reasonably optimistic about WI (not Wisconsin) today. I think I can see a difference. Shall report back.

Wildfire!!! :wave: Glad you heard my plaintive cry! I had that same neck problem that you describe for months. I eventually got muscle relaxant (is that a word?) meds and after a few days it was all better.

Anagram, I loved your wonderful fall postie! Do you write? Ever think of putting your hand to short stories or essays?

Amarantha, so lovely to see your elegant form sprinting through the palace. I like your 5-week plan.

Kaylets, hope you're feeling better. I'm thinking, sprint-wise, we could head for Halloween now.

Ceara, did you lose the munch monkey? Next time, could you pls. point said monkey in some other direction when unleashing? :lol:

Punkin, hope you had a restful weekend! Any events planned for the full moon?

WSW, thinking of you! Hope all is well!

I must away! Love to all, mentioned or unmentioned! Let's make this one count!

Kaylets
09-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Hello all!

Think maybe come this weekend we'll drop the 2 week sprint for a month focus .... or maybe not....
Might make more sense to break it down in 2pcs..
Hmmmmm

So...

Quote of the day :

"To not be perfect is perfectly natural."
-- Stone Phillips

Question of the day ;
"Ketchup or mustard?"

So far, 2 bags of trash out for pickup, 1 load dishes, 2 smallish boxes readied for Saturday's flea market.....
let me put some more beans on to boil and start a load of wash....

and I already feel ravenous... think I'll make a cup of hot crystal lite and hope that helps.....

anagram
09-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Good sunny morning, Queens! And a great "vacation" week to you, Kaylets. Don't forget the fun - but then sometimes accomplishing things is great fun.

I've THOUGHT about writing for years, Wood Nymph, but it is so darn much work. AND it would be "putting myself out there" which is one queenly aspect on which I'm really not good.

Will be sending in my money to neighborhood assn to do garage sale on Friday. Turning point in decision was when DH said to let him know if I'm going to do it as he has some things he'll get ready. AND he volunteered to take an early shift. Won't be a biggie but I'll do some.

This week I'm working on refurbishing my spiritual side. Wasn't totally in ruins or anything but needing the occasional spiffing up. Heading for the pool - have been good all month about that. Appt with gastrologist postponed almost two weeks. Tummy doing somewhat better but still not "normal". Hoping it will go away by appt. Not overeating, doing water, doing exercise, not losing.

Feeling really good today and wishing y'all the same - even Arabella in the throes of EOM.

Amarantha2
09-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Well, here's another me-me postie from the dark diet forest ... sorry to be so focused on this ... it's time to lose the weight for me, :queen: s ... also realize it's somewhat crass of me to repost my journal entries here but it's my way of saying hello to the palace and I have to go back to bed ... had a prowler last night and didn't sleep but did a lot of thinking about the weight loss thing and posted this about Day 3 of my challenge:

... monumental day o' decision dawns in the Darkkkkkk Scaaary Diet Forest! The Challenge Central Team has consulted the data (e.g., the bubbling cauldron computer and crystal ball, which is also known as Demon Scale) and come to a sad but inevitable conclusion: the Amazing has lost only one pound on Weight Watchers in the past month.

We at CC are not blaming the plan. As AA put it this a.m. when discussing the Diet Dilemma, the fault dear Brutus, etc. ... anyhow, we need to take this thing back to basics forthwith and are returning the official challenge methodology to calorie counting, which is more precise for our needs.

We will post more details of the new plan as we think 'em up. Actually, there aren't any new details ... we're just gonna count calories instead of points.

We are referring to ourselves in the plural again. Not a good sign.

Hmmm. :queen: :cofdate:

anagram
09-28-2004, 09:28 AM
To thine own self, Empress! If calorie counting works best for you, that's the road you've got to choose. Wishing you the best though I too have done little to no losing. Best I'm doing right now is hanging in.

Not feeling great yet today though I had a good night's sleep. Jeanne is passing by here today and bones are creaking. So I'm taking a leisurely morn (fortunately, I was able to) and expect a rejuvenation at some point. It'll come together soon.

Kaylets
09-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Hello all!~

well, it happened... first time in a long time but then again... guess its really due...
Last night's weighin showed a .5 gain... it 's due as its nearly the first of the month... but last night, I got mad... sat thru the meeting thinking that I was wasting my time, etc etc... came home and ate dinner, had ff sf pudding and then 2 pb sandwiches...
That after the entire meeting was about "knowing what stage of hunger you're at"....
DH says I am stressing too much about meeting goal... he says I am even obsessing...

I guess he's right... I have been trying to ignore hunger pangs and can feel the stress...

And then.... I read some posts from folks who just had their power turned back on in Fl.... and realized I needed a priority check.....

And then saw a post on "Being Kind to Yourself Challenge".... and I realized I was expecting too much from myself... I am a slow loser and need to be grateful I have made the progress I have...

So, I guess I wound up trying to speed my way to goal in the fast lane . Instead I kept stripping gears .... Let me go back to the regular driving lane where thngs are more manageable... easier driving... prettier scenery...

Empress--
Please post here too... We need your input and insight!

Anagram-- Me too! Very achey today!

Wood Nymph-- Hope you can schedule some breaks in!

Eydie-- Think I can understand some of your doldrums... sure was feeling something!

Wildfire-- How goes it?

Punkin-- Same message...

WSW-- Lots of rain your way too??

Ceara-- What's happening your way?

Ok all.... I do have a cup of tea and sure could use a quilt and a good book...
Should go out and make sure all the baby broccoli, cabbage and lettuce are not flooded ... one of the beauty parts of having them in pots... if need be, I can just tip them some...

So... I guess today's thought really was more of a message to me than I realized....

Thought of the day :

"Let it be."
-- John Lennon

"What's the last thing that made you laugh?"

KETTLE IS ON!

Kaylets
09-28-2004, 09:50 AM
AD IN AN ATLANTA NEWSPAPER:

SINGLE BLACK FEMALE seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant.

I'm a very good looking girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in the woods, riding in your pickup truck, hunting, camping and fishing trips, cozy winter nights by the fire.

Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand. I'll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me.

Call (404) 875-6420 and ask for Daisy, I'll be waiting...

Over 15,000 men found themselves talking to the Atlanta Humane Society about an 8-week-old black Labrador retriever. (Men are so easy? Or just plain stupid!)

Punkinseed
09-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Mornin' ladies!

Busy busy weekend! Friday night was our book discussion group and our Mabon/Thanksgiving circle and Halloween planning party. Saturday I went to my mom's best friend's wedding then to a pamper party with some friends who are starting their own business making herbal spa products. Sunday my women's group and I went out to the caves where the petroglyphs are for our full moon ritual. She was so big and bright we didn't even need flashlights to walk to our cars! But, now I'm whooped and ready for this upcoming quiet weekend.... :faint:

Kaylets, I'm jealous of your vacation! I just got back from a mini break and I'm ready for another NOW! Enjoy yourself!

Arabella, sorry your writing group turned into a chatting group - guess it's a good sign that everyone gets along though! We run into the same problem with our book group, we end up just talking and the books are closed...

Eydie, I could *so* join you on the reduction of sugar intake. I've been grabbing M&M's instead of the fruit I have in the fridge. BAD TERRI!!!!
The family's all doing well, thanks. I think everyone thought about how Papa had outlived 3 of his 5 children and his wife... I know I felt that he was probably ready and looking forward to his homecoming. If he hadn't had the accident he may have only lived another 6 months with the undiagnosed prostate cancer, so the accident was a blessing because it gave everyone a chance to say goodbye instead of him dying alone in his house. More proof that everything in life happens for a reason.
Oh, and your Mayberry days sound soooooo cute!

Ceara, love the "munch monkey" term! Hate the munch monkey though... he must have a cousin cuz he's on my back too! Looking for monkey repellant, will send to you as soon as I find it!

Anagram, :wave: What's this about an upcoming new princess???

Wildfire, I obviously missed that you had a pretty bad accident! I'm so sorry... cars are never quite the same after body work, but YOU are what's important, take care of that, what was it? Flip top head?? Ouuuuch!
Jace is adorable btw!

Amarantha, good to see you again! :wave:

Been "on call" for the last few days with Bo-Beena. She's doing well, not wanting to eat though, no morning sickness, just dizzy. She figures she's about 4-5 weeks along. I'm ecstatic, ****, EVERYONE'S ecstatic! After 16 months, just when we all thought it might not happen - surprise! :bb: After a year of so much loss we all needed this little spark of life...

Smooches to you all, someone tell the wagon to stop and let me on in the next couple'a days would ya? :cb:

Terri

Kaylets
09-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Punkin!

Glad you could stop by!
Glad Bobeena is feeling well!

Sending a couple lifesavers, towbars, assorted ropes and climbing devices, Grab at will!

Kaylets
09-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Wildfire! I just ( FINALLY) looked at the pix... SO CUTE!! And your sister is gorgeous too!

deleted2
09-28-2004, 04:56 PM
Yes, I forgot to comment on the pics, Wildfire----nothing as cute as a fresh new baby! Speaking of which, I wonder how Frogger's doing.

Punkin, I'm really digging my reduced sugar experiment. It's been 10 days and I swear that I'm thinking clearer, and I definitely am handling stress beautifully. Found out today that I have to make dinner for 50 people this Friday and instead of freaking out, I just started making all the necessary lists. Ain't no big thing! Thankfully it's a casual thing. We're having our first pow wow at work, and I get to make dinner for all the drummers and dancers.

Kaylets, don't sweat the .5 pound. I know how frustrating it is, I also have a body that loves to hang onto weight---slow but sure. What kind of peanut butter do you buy? I buy only the all-natural stuff now; I really like it, but it doesn't have the same "eat-it-up" allure that the Skippy/Jif kind has.

wsw, how are you?

Amarantha, so good to see you here! I'm still counting calories so I'll be cipherin' along with you!

Wildfire
09-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Hello!

Kaylets, that is my daughter in the third picture with Jase. Don't sweat the .5lb. Good, though, that you've had a chance to take a step back and re-evaluate. That is always good for renewed motivation. Hope you are enjoying your time off!

Eydie...a pow-wow? How fun!

Punkin, I'm tired just reading your post! You've been busy. Congrats to BoBeena! Yes, we had a little smash-up derby on Aug 4. Not my fault, so at least my insurance won't go through the roof. I'm left with this nagging neck injury, though.

Anagram, hope you've had a peaceful day and are feeling better now.

Arabella, how goes the EOM battles? I'm in the middle of those myself, but they are welcome....I'm so bored in this new job.

wsw, hope all is well!

Have to drive DD to work...she got a new job in a Naturalizer shoe store...I'm thrilled! (25% discount...wonderful shoes!) Then off to the YMCA for a swim.

Toodles! :wave:

Kaylets
09-29-2004, 07:42 AM
Hello all!

Really wild evening here in Delaware... DH was just feet away from a tornado touchdown
but didnt realize it.. He just thought he was in a horrific thunderstorm... Roads were flooded, roofs torn off, B-53's slid into each other at the airport... Cars were lifted up and then dropped from 25 feet up...
Sure puts things back in perspective !!!

We got so much rain, I have a couple empty 5 gallon buckets on the patio that are nearly full of rain water!!!

So... I feel more cheerful than the past few days... Things could be lots worse and I just need to remember that....

****Today's thought:

"Never mind what's behind us: What's important is what is in front of us."

--Unknown

Question of the day :

"Tornado or earthquake?"

so, how was your day yesterday?

Wildfire-- I am glad that the photo is your daughter because I was really wondering how your sister could look so trim after just having a baby! I was amazed!! Your daughter is a CUTIE! Bet the boys at school agree!!

Naturlizer is my longtime favorite shoe!! I have a pair 2 yrs old I've worn nearly every day that I have to replace... would rather not but the heels are getting worn and shabby looking... SO COMFORTABLE!!

Anagram-- How goes the yard sale prep?? My favorite hint is to price everything as soon as its dusted off .... that way, no matter how what, its priced .... And don't forget, if you can't decide to price it ... go w/ the higher price and bargain later... You can always come down, you can never go up once the customer has seen what you've marked.

Eydie-- This question is long overdue... What exactly is the Homestead??
Is it a famous person's home? Like a President's home?

Empress--Any news on the career move??

Arabella-- Dh is searching and searching for Tai Chi / Chi Gung class...
Down here, its either outrageously expensive or just impossible to find a night class....Can you recommend a really good video?? He is especially interested in the breathing techniques....

oh well....
I am now off to check the basement for water damage... am afraid of what I might find....

KETTLE IS ON!

Arabella
09-29-2004, 07:43 AM
Second to last day of EOM sprint. Yesterday my editor told me not to kill myself, that we were ahead enough that I didn't need to get a lot done. So... I'll just get the horoscopes posted and do a couple more things and call it a month. Don't get me wrong -- that's still more than enough work, but I feel a bit less pressured. AND I won't be working on the end of September into October, which could go a long way towards getting this organization thing on track.

Wildfire, I hear ya on that holiday envy! Let's all take up residence at the spa (it's on the shore, right?) for a month! Congrats on DDs job -- and the future new shoes! :lol: I love Naturalizers

Amarantha, I wonder if a different browser would help? I downloaded Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/0.10.html#download) and it seems faster and more stable. Plus, protects against spyware.

Eydie, it's a revelation, isn't it, how transformed we feel without sugar (wheat for me, too). So many of the minor ailments gone, plus that clear-headedness! Haven't had that for a while, but I've been having all-bran cereal and the soy milk I use sometimes has a bit of sugar in it. I've never been sure what my exact problem is, whether a yeast thing or a carb thing or what, but when the symptoms are gone it's amazing! Actually, it's kind of like the opposite of the feeling I get when I've had too much sugar the day before :chin:

Kaylets, that .5 will be gone in no time! I think that ignoring hunger pangs is a bad idea. We train ourselves to be out of touch with our body's signals. Don't eat when we're hungry, and then what does make us eat? Stress, fatigue, etc. One thing I really like about the Core program is that it emphasizes eating when hungry and not otherwise. And you know they arrived at this after a lot of research.

Punkin, I was thinking of you in the light of the full moon! I'd love to have a regular gathering for it. Wonder if I could pull that off? It's so much the kind of thing that I think I might do on my own, but am so much less likely to do when DH is home. :rolleyes: Gotta get over that!

Anagram, I'm with you on the spiritual "spiffing up" -- I need to take some time and just do yoga, meditate, etc. DH has a trip coming up and I'm definitely going to have myself a little retreat. If all goes according to plan, DS should be moved out by then too... Om shanti!

And, with that, I'd better drag my sorry butt to work (metaphorically, of course. My butt is already firmly planted in my office). Love to all, mentioned or unmentioned. Let's make this a good one!

ceara
09-29-2004, 08:24 AM
WOW! I can't believe it's been nearly a week since I even checked in! Busy!

This week has flown....the show was fine...2 more judges hit my s**t list...Sometimes I think we should wear paper bags on our heads...the dogs aren't judged (in some cases) just the handler. Quite aggravating. I also saw some of the people who were central to a club break-up...it is still in existance, I pay my dues and don't go to meetings...screws up the quarum...like they follow their own rules! WHOOPS! I'm detecting lingering hostility! And this occurred at least 3-4 years ago. However I was civil to the person....not cold, not warm. Civil.

Then Monday am was the dreaded "Book club"...which is not one...a club. It is mandatory training and terribly mind draining...boring not interesting. Then a full shift in the branch, then training class after 8 with the young heathen. Tuesday was the same way...Toddlertime, storytime, the pool guys came, short shift at the branch and then the highlight of the day.....dinner out with the girls! A B-day party for one of us...the one who lost her husband last January. I still miss him. So, this morning I have actually read through the thread and am replying :faint:

I have a bit of running to do...and I need to get some new shoes for showing in...my Naturalizers are likely 12 years old...just "granny" shoes, with good soles and lace uppers but...I can run in 'em....however after my sore"ish" soles on Sunday...I'm wonderin' if I need new more supportive foot wear....I think these may be breaking down!

Good to see thee Punkin' and thee too fellow Canuck Wildfire. Any snow up there yet? We've not had a frost yet, but I think it isn't far away.

Anagram, when can I book you for my garage!? And I did quite a bit of admiring of the moon these past 2 days....it was just splendiferous! Kaylets, you are on vacation? I like fall vacations...I'm off next Thursday and onto Colorado Springs...won't be back at work until October 25th!!!! EOM....yuck...programming for November to do today...and reports. Shoot.

Munch Monkey is defeated at the moment...am still successful in my pursuit of water...and weigh-in is tonight...

Anyway...wanna go for a walk before I put my behind into the car and do errands...

Ta-Rah!

Ceara

Amarantha2
09-29-2004, 12:37 PM
Yo! Another me-me postie ... to be honest, I'm in a very me-me mode these days, just hanging out on my private mental island. Really apologize for coming here and not responding to anyone ... noting everything, though ... great pics, Wildfire!!!! :wave:

Still having trouble posting here ... thanks for the link, Arabella. I'm going to look at that, but suspect it's the ad blocking software ... even on DT, I have to disable it to change my user data ... then I just turn it back on because I hate looking at ads, even though I know they pay the bills. :)

No news on the career change thing ... but it'll take time (and more school) ...

Resting today, though I have paying work to do but will do it later in the week as I need time off sometimes ... there was another bomb scare in the neighborhood ... a pipe bomb blew up at 2 a.m. ... very loud, very unnerving ... no suspects ... sigh.

Noted on a car license frame today (car driven by very large man): The Goddess lives. There's magick afoot.

Was like an omen for me.

Yup.

Details of my Hallowe'en challenge relevant to weight loss journey are on the DT journal. I will succeed. :yes:

Arabella
09-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Kaylets, I heartily recommend Living Arts A.M./ P.M. Chi for Beginners: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?ean=29956001336&userid=OH5NaV8Azx&frm=0&itm=3 I've got them on two tapes, which might be more practical. There are links on the same page to the separate tapes.

T'ai chi, at least the form I'm familiar with, is too complicated to learn very well from a tape. I didn't even find the tape to be much help when I was also taking classes. On the other hand, I found that practicing these two had a wonderful effect, and really didn't take long. Good luck!

deleted2
09-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Kaylets, "The Homestead" as we locals refer to it, is R.J. [Richard Joshua] Reynolds birthplace. Yep, the tobacco king. God knows I'd rather it be the birthplace of the tofu king but you can't have everything. It's owned by Virginia Tech and is a great place to work---well, mostly! The historic home is still there and we give tours. And there's a continuing education center there where we have lots of programs and classes. and folks can rent the space for weddings, parties, etc. I'll have to send you a calendar! I've been meaning to put everyone on the Xmas card list here on the mailing list anyway.

Arabella, 11 days of drastically reducing my sugar intake. I baked cookies at work today and I was afraid that they might be burned so I tasted one-these were like double chocolate brownie cookies---and I only had one bite and I swear it's as if all those serotonin receptors that I've read about flew open and screamed "MORE!" I mean that one bite was just intense---words fail me, truly! I stayed on top of it, stayed aware and resisted, but all day the little devil on my shoulder has been saying things like, 'wouldn't you like a little caramel syrup in your coffee?' or 'how about the tiniest little drizzle of chocolate syrup on that banana?' So far I've been able to resist. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people that thinks sugar is evil, I just don't want to be controlled by it, and dependent on it.

Amarantha, magick is afoot indeed! Never doubt it!

anagram
09-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Ah, Queens, 'tis such a happy, cozy little thread when so many are reporting in. Glad to hear from you, Empress, Punkin, Ceara (and, of course, all royals). The new princess referred to Frogger's expected arrival who hopefully must be here by now.

Empress, I too am having problems. Computer running SO slowly. Thought it was my machine but DS checked stuff when he was here so I am now forced to assume the site and my computer don't get along. Been slow to the point of discouragement.

Kaylets, I've already asked "self" whose idea this garage sale is. DH assures me it's not his but he was a big help today. I could go on forever picking things to put out but think I'm going to add very little more. We're only going to be able to do it one day and then heading off to DDs the next and what's not sold will have to sit in the garage until I get around to removing it. Overall this will have a net good effect on my garage but will make it look messy again and I just finished getting it together.

Did pool again today and plan to tomorrow as well. This later time works well for me. It will be continued for at least the next two weeks so I'll take advantage of it while I can.

anagram
09-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Kaylet, I was so sympatico w/your statement on "perspective" (and glad your dh is ok after that close call). Yesterday I went to a rehab/nursing home to see a lifelong acquaintance of mine. So sad and I left feeling like I ruled the world. She had called me last week to let me know she was there after a week in another hospital. It's right next to the place I go to the pool and she knows I go there. We're not enemies but not what I'd really call "friends" because we don't see each other in person often (usually when she's hospitalized). I've never met her dh or her children nor has she mine. A few years ago, she heard I had knee problems and began calling me sometimes a few times a year, sometimes a few times a month.

Anyway at the point she had called me last week, her d(and in this case it's not dear)h had only been in to see her twice, nobody had brought her clothing she needed, etc. I tried to find something in store she could wear but could not as even a 4x (had I been able to find one) would not have fit. Most of her clothes are special made or at least special ordered and then adjusted to fit. She is 300 pounds and about five feet tall or less. Her health problems are numerous and her family/social ones are too.
She's got a somewhat negative attitude but is a good soul at heart. Life is very painful for her but I knew her as a child and know some of the reasons behind some of her attitudes.

When I got there yesterday, they had just told her the doctor is taking away her drivers license as he thinks she gets "confused". Well, yes, but she sort of always has been that way. But it's a good idea anyway as she's had many accidents. But life as she's known it will be over. She eats out every night even though she may sometimes cook for her husband. She can tell you the menu and good points/bad points of almost every restaurant in the region. She's a good cook but her physical limitations have made it tremendously difficult. Her other "outings" are usually to grocery store, farmers markes, etc. Food has been the center (or close to it) of her life.

The whole point is I was so distressed to see how bad she looked and how much heavier she seemed to be than when I had last seen her (she made a great physical effort to get to my mother's funeral which I tremendously appreciated). I also felt distressed that there is almost nothing I can do for her. But above all, I felt my aches and pains and problems were nothing compared to hers. We're the same age and I couldn't help but compare my life and hers and feel grateful that mine seems to have worked out so much better. By last night her dh had been in and one daughter and someone had brought her clothes. One of his comments had been that if he knew she was going to be in the hospital so long, he could have gone away on a trip he's been wanting to take. So achy though I started yesterday morning, by last evening I felt really like a :queen: - that perspective is marvelous magicke. (Stolen from Empress)

ceara
09-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Mornin' Royals!

Yes Anagram my heart goes out to your friend too, and I agree with you that we just have to try and support people. We can't change 'em and they won't change themselves until they're able to see the need to change. I had a similar conversation about someone changing just the other day. Anyway, you are right. We need to appreciate where we are at, and how we got there and just be thankful....we could be so much worse off.

Good day yesterday...weigh-in was down 1.5 lbs. So that is the lb I'd gained the week before plus a bit more :rolleyes: Oh well, at least the :devil: scale went in the right direction! Plus food and water was good....had my dinner too late but since I've adopted a more relaxed attitude, lasagna at 9 pm is OK. :shrug: It is way better than cookies, ice cream and cereal...which is what was happening with the munch monkey in residence. I think he went to visit somewhere else for a bit.

No walk yesterday but I have high aspirations for this morning. Got a cool pair of shoes yesterday...size 8, which is my "True" size...I usually end up going 1/2 larger because I have duck feet...but these are wide and have an inner sole that is cool...there are little prongs underneath and support sections...they feel like you are walking on air. I wore them to work to check the blister factor...so comfy. And I got a few groceries and managed to pop a frozen lasagna in the stove for the menfolk...since I don't come home at supper on Wed...weigh-in is at 5:30, can't do it all...and made a pot of cauliflower "cream" (1% milk) soup. I was busy!

So...am off like a herd of turtles....need to write a couple letters as chair of the church today...plus work plus walk plus get to the vet and bank...you know what? I'm tired already!

Ta! :wave:

Ceara

anagram
09-30-2004, 08:28 AM
Me, too. I'm tired for you, Ceara! You are so active and busy. Fun, I hope. I'm feeling lazy but will shortly get into gear. dh golfing today - sort of an all day thing. And we got lots done last night for garage sale so may be able to pop in a bit of shopping today. After the pool, that is. Looks like another nice day here.

I'll probably not sell a thing tomorrow but whatever, it's been a good exercise in "decision making". I think I'm asking too much for everything but decided to go higher and of course go down. Have enough .50/1.00 items as well so maybe I'll make a dollar or so there. Then all's looking busy after that. Daughter's Sat/Sun. Our anniverary Monday and no special plans yet. Then appointment after appointment the rest of the week.

And it's getting to be Foliage Season. I am a real fruitcake about the changing leaves and I'm telling me that this year I will not chase after them but will wait until they come to me. So I'm saying, but I'll probably get caught up in the beauty of it all and make a trip or two to some of our fave peeping places.

So, up-and-at -t time.

Kaylets
09-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Hello all!

Took a Best Girl Friend to breakfast and then bought myself a small CD/cassette player on sale and 200 lbs of potting soil too. Got rained on and had to put on a sweatshirt and drink 3 cups of tea to warm up....

So its Thursday and I can't believe how fast the week flew by...
Ah well...
Did read lots and lots of Herb Companion... bought a box of them at a yardsale ... turned out to be nearly 10 yrs accumulation.... amazing how much I've learned ... for instance, dandelions have more nutrient value than spincach, oranges, and a whole bunch more .... Trouble is finding clean dandelions...

I'll stop back after I take a quick nap....

Arabella
10-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Fly-by -- Day before yesterday I realized I've got a urinary tract infection. And lo, when I read up on them, I find that sugar is one of the major culprits. So I'm taking cranberry extract, acidopholus, extra vitamin C, echinacea and goldenseal. Drinking gallons of water , avoiding sugar and alcohol (even more than I had been) and limiting caffeine and carbs. Hoping to avoid antibiotics. I feel kind of cruddy, but I had mostly for a while now, and I think this may be something systemic. All of which should be addressed by the changes.

Well, that's my thrilling news :yawn: I'll be back! Aw, let's take this day and do the best we can with it. Love to all!

ceara
10-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Hail All Royal :queen: S!

'Tis a be--oot-i-ful sunny morn in my part of the kingdom...a bit brisk on the nose hairs tho' :lol: Reporting a stellar day yesterday and a further defeat of the :devil: scale...just hope I can maintain this steam through the week-end...my downfall. :rolleyes: Good choices yesterday...did walk, light weights, water and portion control. Almost had a sideswipe last night with an icecream bar. But got outta that by talking with my roomie from the States, and then as a further coping mechanism...went and took a bath. At least I recognised the sabotage before I did it...a purely stress and pissed-off trigger....I wonder if that means I should carry a bath-tub around with me?

Bit quiet in the palace yesterday...and today is a new month...are we starting a new thread? Must be that EOM thingy again. Got half of mine done....my new work to rule rule...no staying to get things done. If it is busy in the branch and I can't get'em done...tough. They'll come, or give me more paid time. I'm tired of being an employed payless volunteer for them! Oops. Climbin' down :soap: Seem a little prickly there too!

OK....so off for walk and maybe brekkie with my DD...who went to a fortune teller...I gave up on the pys...etc word. Cain't spell this morn. Or type. Anyway what she was told is quite interesting..... Then I will shop and maybe bathe that poor dog that I've been trying to do for 2 days!

Have turkey 19lbs out thawing...one of last years' crop...I'm always away for T-day...so I'm doin' it early!

Ta! :wave:

Ceara

Kaylets
10-01-2004, 09:13 AM
:cool: Hello all!

Yes, it seems like this the time to start a new thread....

I shall volunteer as it seems like the right thing to do...

Look for an Amazing Autumn thread!
:cool: