Support Groups - Stay At Home Moms #244

View Full Version : Stay At Home Moms #244

mompen
09-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

http://wtv-zone.com/emma/country/gifs/country4.gif

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

mompen
09-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Morning Ladies...

Welcome Gab! :wave: It is great to have you hear! I know it must be hard on you! It sounds like it.. :( My sil is a Air Force wife and my bil ships off all over. They have twin boys and she has had them for weeks and months with little or no help at times :( Hang in there! We are all hear for you! Tell us a little about you! Name? Weight Loss Plan? :)

Jill,
I was so excited to hear that you had friends over last night :) Hey, at least somebody was having some fun :) LOL

I am up doing hubby's bills, still haven't done my church program for this am so I am working on that, and Nicholas just woke up vomiting :(

When does the madness stop LOL!

I am gonna make me a dr.'s appt Monday for the gyn. I have been having some terrible pains on my left side. I have had cysts since I was 13 and had to have surgery to have them removed once. I am just praying it is not happening again :(

Oh Andrew had went to the dr. Friday. She put him on an antibiotic for a month and then she is gonna do a CT Scan of his sinuses. She thinks this might be the problems, moreso than the tonsils.

BTW,
Cindi,
Did Christian have his surgery??? And weren't you having some problems?? Please let us know how everything is going!!!!

Have a wonderful day ladies :)

LavenderLife
09-12-2004, 07:35 AM
Merry Meet! I'm a SAHM with pounds to shed. My name is Sarah and I am mommy to a 7.5 month old baby boy. Hope to get some help in here. I count calories with fitday.com.

195/195/130

mompen
09-12-2004, 07:51 AM
Hi Sarah! :wave:

It is so great to have you here!

Tell us a bit about you!

mompen
09-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Ok Last post for me this morning....lol

I wanted to show you a new pic of Rubie :)

watkinsguru
09-12-2004, 08:22 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Good Morning Ladies.
Welcome Gabwill and Sarah. I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of 3; almost 4 kids. Alisa is almost 6 yrs and I homeschool her in the 1st grade. Ally is 3 yrs., and Andrew is 21 months. I'm due Feb. 1st. I found this site way back when and fell in love, LOL!!! Then after losing some weight, found out I was pregnant. But I'm sticking around, because I'm addicted and these are great ladies that give all the support you will ever need. You just wait until Monday hits, you'll see so many more names around here. Stick around and let us get to know you better. Btw, dh is having his vasectomy on Friday, so this WILL be the last time I have to quit dieting because I get pregnant, YEAH!!!

Leigh, yes, yes, yes. ALL sahm's go through this. Or at least I hope they do. It's jealousy...I've delt with it a many of times. But luckily when I feel this way, I realize it right away and I get over it. I wonder why sometimes after work dh can go play pool or darts with his friend or go bs with his other friends w/o having to say do you mind?" Sometimes he'll ask me, but it's like in order for me to do something like that...I actually have to plan a sitter even if it's him. So no, you're not silly for feeling this way. It is jealousy and you may feel better to discuss it with dh, let him know you understand it's jealousy and you'll get over it, but let him know you're feeling it. If nothing else, you'll get sympathy out of it, LOL!!!

Penny, so sorry you've got to go to the funeral. But at times like this since he passed from cancer, you know he's in better place.

Okay girls, are you ready for this.........................I SLEPT 8 1/2 HOURS, with one liittle interruption. Andrew woke up once, I changed his diaper, gave him a bottle and he went right back to sleep and still is. How great is that? Don't worry, it won't last, never does. But I'll enjoy it while it does last.

Okay, I posted all my new news on the other post so I don't want to repeat any of it. Today, dh is working at his grandparents house so sometime we'll get out and go visit them. I need to run to the grocery store later too.
Hope you all have a great Sunday. TTYL

watkinsguru
09-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Penny, that dog is adorable. And about Andrew...is that good news? I'm thinking it is, but I'm not sure I understand what they are saying the problem may be.

mompen
09-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Hi Crystal,
Congrats on the sleep! YAH!!! YOU needed it!

Awesome! :)

I can't wait for your sono! It will be here soon!!!!

As for Andrew,
He was gonna have tonsils and adneiods removed but the dr. doesn't like to do it under 2 y.o. b/c of the complications. Well he was on antibiotics and when she rechecked him.. she said his tonsils were not that enlarged now. But she is suspicous that it is his adneiods and sinuses. Instead of doing the tonsil and adneiod removal, he might have his adneiods removed and his sinus cavities suctioned.

In my opinion, if it can wait another 6 months I would have have it all done. She said that he might have to have his tonsils out later anyway.

What's a mother to do, ya know :(

Have a great day :)

watkinsguru
09-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Penny, Penny, Penny, you're right, what's a mother to do? That is a predicament. But I agree that if it can wait, let it.
Hope all is well.

watkinsguru
09-12-2004, 09:32 AM
I totally forgot that I have the QOTD today!!!

QOTD: Do you have any regrets from your teenage years?

Answer: I wish I was more involved in school and the extra curricular activities. I hates school and did as little as I could to get it over with. Now I wish I would have involved myself in theater, maybe been on the yearbook staff.
I feel I made 2 "mistakes" and "regrets", if you know what I mean. I was just being a teenager. I had a one night stand with the hottest guy in school. He wanted me, I couldn't refuse that. "Mistake", then my senior year, I just for some reason had a senior fling, "mistake"!!! It was dh's best friend, but this was before dh was even a boyfriend so there was no cheating involved. Just a wild end of the year thing.
Hope I didn't share too much.

watkinsguru
09-12-2004, 09:40 AM
I reread my answer and I didn't mean for that to sound the way it did.
The hottest guy in the school may have wanted me...but he wanted lots and lots of other girls. It's not like he singled me out. But we were good friends so I still couldn't refuse. And we remained good friends and soon was able to "joke" about what had happened.
He's a firefighter now here in Terrell and was married, but was ready for a family and his wife cheated on him and doesn't want kids because she's too spoiled to share herself.
I feel bad for him, but he's not innocent, I'm pretty sure he had cheated on her at the beginning of their marriage or in their engagement. But he and I were friends and of course I would love for him to have the family and kids he wishes he had.
Anyways, just blabbing.
We just finished breakfast and in about an hour are going to dh's grandparents to visit and see the work dh is doing.
I think I'm the only one posting on here today, LOL!!!
TTYL

spryng
09-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Good morning all!!

So sorry I have been MIA... we have been super busy this weekend and I don't have time to post now either because DH needs the computer to look for a job.
So in a nutshell the weekend has been going well. Becuse my IUD was taken out on thursday TOM showed up again yesterday (which my doc said would happen) so today I start my BC pills... but it's kinda ruining the weekend, lol.
Our town had their city wide yard sale yesterday and we did that all day long. Got lots of great stuff and I hit one sale that had tons of name brand clothes and because it was the end of the day she was just wanting it gone so everything was 50 cents!!! I got dresses, shorts, shirts, pants, etc... all name brand for 50 cents... and they all fit and look great! I was so thrilled!! That was my best find yesterday... oh we also got two rocker recliners (very nice ones) one was 5 bucks and the other 10 bucks... so we couldn't pass that up.
Well, dh is back in here so I better go. I promise I will catch up tonight or tomorrow. TTYL!

Loveliam
09-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Good almost-afternoon. Oh, I am so very tired today! First, Liam woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep until midnight again. Then we woke up early because we were supposed to meet friends for brunch at 9am. But then the friends had to cancel because their baby is sick. But we were already awake . . . Liam, of course, took a brief nap already, but not me. I have heavy eyes today LOL. It doesn't help that TOM is arriving tomorrow- that always makes me more tired.

Welcome, Gab! Oh you will find there are other women on here with DH's out of town a lot (like Spryng) so we can sympathize. What are your weight loss goals? I'm attempting to finish losing 15 pounds :)

Penny- So sorry to hear about your loss- my thoughts and prayers are with you. Also, I hope your feeling better soon too. What a cute doggie!

Crystal- :bravo: on the sleep LOL. Wish I got that last night. Well, maybe tonight.

Spryng- glad you're having such a good weekend. Great finds at the garage sales!

QOTD: I regret some of the immature soap-oprea like stuff we all get into in HS. I was very active in drama, and it could be kind of cliquey, so we were all kind of mean to one another depending on which "subgroup" we belonged to. It was all very silly and immature, so maybe that's a normal part of growing up and learning how to be an adult. But at the time I could be dumb and melodramatic in the extreme LOL.

gabwill
09-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Well, to begin my name is Gabrielle. I am 22 and the mother to a 16 month girl. I am not really on any specific plan. I do the power90 tapes from Beachbody. I also do Taebo 3 days a week (and am trying to get to the advanced ones to lose more weight but am still doing the basic), I walk 3-miles a day, I also run 3 days a week... if I wake up early enough, and I do pilates 3 days a week. I try to watch what I eat but I did give into McNuggets last night which now is upsetting me. Other then that I go to the park, read, draw or get on the computer. I try not to watch much tv but that doesn't always happen. I am just trying to lose weight and keep it off since I am attempting to join the airforce once my husband reenlists and I know where we will be. That gives me a year and a half in order to lose and KEEP OFF 30 lbs since for my height I have to be 128 or below. I would rather not be on the upper part of that and have a little room to play with so am aiming for 125 or below.
As far as the question goes... anything I regret from my teenage years. I have a few but one of them is that I didn't make time for myself. Once I was of age to work I worked 40 hours a week and helped my family with bills. When the summer after graduation came I was working 2 jobs 40 hrs each so that I can make up for what I didn't have anymore so that I would be able to go to college... only did that for a year though but that is alright. I plan on going back one of these years. Well that is about all for now.

Deana1113
09-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Good Sunday Morning Ladies !!!

I was MIA yesterday with lots going on. Andrew had a sleepover at a friend's house Friday night so I had to pick him up by 9:30 yesterday morning. I got to talking to the parents and didn't gte home til almost 1 p.m. Dh called my cell to make sure I didn't get lost.....LOL....it's only 3 miles from home. Then by the time I got home my phone didn't stop ringing for like 2 hours.

Dh and I got to go out Friday night to the beer garden. He saw a couople people he went to school with but we saw more people he works with, so we hung out with them the whole time. Everyone kept filling my beer mug, so therefore I drank more than I should have. Don't get me wrong, we don't drink very often. The end of July and Friday night were the only 2 times in the last 2-3 years. We both drank plenty when we first got together, but then responsiblity kicked in and we just gave it up. We don't really miss it and only drank to be social. I wasn't drunk but I was thinking about the calories. Guess I'll find out Tuesday if it made a difference. If it did, I won't do it again. I want this weight off so bad.

Michelle: So sad about that couple and their little angel. I think about it often that I am fortunate to have 4 healthy children. I don't know what I would do if something like that happened to any of them.

Penny: Hope things work out with Andrew soon. I had to have my tonsils out when I was 15 because I was a constant carrier of strep. If was rough doing it at that age and I feel it's better to do it when they are young. They bounce back so fast when they are little.

Spryng: So glad you are having a good weekend with dh. Mine waws supposed to be off for 3 nights but they called last night and needed him to volunteer for tonight, so there goes the long weekend. Atleast he has gotten in some dove hunting and spending time with his brother today, hunting and shooting clay birds here at the house. WTG on the yard sale finds. I hardly ever go to any, never any money to do so.

Crystal: Hope things work out with dh, the $ and building. As far as Alisa and homeschooling....if you don't like the school district there isn't any reason you should put her in public school. If you want her to get the social interaction she needs, have you thought about girl scouts. They can join when they are 5 or kindergarten age. It is a great experience and they learn so much that school doesn't teach them. My dd can't wait til next year when she can start. All my boys are in scouts and she keeps telling me she wants to be a cub scout...LOL

Speaking of scouts....it's that time of year again. My oldest needs to complete 3 badges and his community project to obtain his Eagle Scout rank so we will be working on that very soon. I really want him to have everything done and have his Eagle ceremony before he turns 17 next August. Andrew will be a Bear Cub this year and I am assistant leader for his Den. Matthew will be a Wolf Cub this year and I am leader for his Den. So in essence I will be doing scout stuff 3 days a week. Erik on Mondays, Andrew on Wednesdays and Matthew on Thursdays.

Sarah: So nice to meet you. I'm Deana, sahm of 4, Erik 16, Andrew 8, Matthew 7 and Abigail 4. I just joined here last month and have found so many new friends. Which is wonderful because I had a huge falling out with my best friend in June and needed someone to relate to. This is a good thing though because I have come to realize that I wasn't getting what a person needs out of that friendship. I was always the giving one and never got anything in return. If she ever needed anything I was there but when I needed something she was too busy or had her head too far up her idiot husbands arse. And she was the kind to ask "What do I do?" and never take my advice. I see now that she was holding me back from being my own person and I have had a complete change as far as my outlook on losing weight and how much timeI spend with my family instead of always running to help her.....it's great now and dh loves it, he gets more attention now too.....LOL. Ok I'm rattling, but trust me, you will love it here, wonderful support and always someone to vent to if you're having a bad day. Let us get to know you better.

Cindy: Of course we love you, and I am the same as Jill and others, I only post to you if I see one from you. Sorry. Hope tom makes a fast exit and you start to feel better soon.

Kristin: Hope you're having a great day.

Ricci: Hope your weekend has been a good one.

Leigh: Sorry to hear about Liam. He will be fine I'm sure. I know I always worried when mine would bonk their head too but they are so resilient.

Julie: Hope you're having a great day.

Geri: Hope you're vacation is going well and you're having lots of fun in TX.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Kids are hollering for lunch so I better go. We have had company like all morning so needless to say I haven't gotten anything done today. Time to change that. Going to feed kids and dh then do my 2 mile WATP, then I will have the energy to get cleaning and doing laundry.

TTYL.........HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!!

watkinsguru
09-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Deana, hadn't thought of girl scouts. Does that cost much? Right now I can't do ANYTHING that costs, plus I don't want her to get too involved before I have the baby and then have to take time away from it. Therefore, I want to wait until next summer, which gives us some time to find something she'd be interested in. Thanks for the tip.

CheriBrorsen
09-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Hey Ladies =)

We just got home from grocery shopping and Nathan is playing with his birthday prize he picked out. The other boys are patiently waiting to ''share'' the new toy too. LOL I thought while I had a minute I'd check in .

Leigh--I can completely understand what you are experiencing and I do think it is typical. There is a certain amount of 'freedom' that I think you miss when you become a mom. It's not about regreting having children or wishing your life was different...it's simply about missing being able to go get a coke at the store without having to think about packing a diaper bag in case the baby pukes on the way. LOL I also think that in even the most egalitatian parenting relationships the mom ends up doing more. I know my hubby is a big help, but even on his off days the kids naturally come to me for *everything* I just kinda of look around and remind them they have a whole nother parent to bother. :lol:

Spryng--glad you got the IUD situation taken care of and sorry TOM arrived with DH home. But WOOOOOOOOOOT on the awesome deals at the yard sale.

Penny--all your crafts sound so cute...I bet the grandparents love them.

Michelle, Geri, Ricci, Kris, Mel and all your others that are totally escaping my mind right now. Hello to you. :)

Welcome to you new ladies, this is a great place for fun and support.

QOTD--Honestly I can't think of any regrets...other than maturity things. Things I said or ways I acted that looking back was just so well, ''high school'' heh. :) I was involved in cheerleading, drama, chorus, yearbook staff and literary. I guess now, thinking I wish I would have actually applied myself in high school. I was naturally a decent student and so I didn't exert much energy toward studying more...I do wish now I would have pushed myself and excelled.

And now I'll leave you with our menu for the week:

Spinach Chicken (Mel's recipe)
Veggie Lasagna
Red Beans and Rice (with turkey smoked sausage)
Texas Veggie Soup
Oven baked cheesy crunch chicken
''Better for You'' Burritos (via prevention magazine)
Pasta Strogonoff

Hope yall have a great Sunday.

watkinsguru
09-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi all. I made it back from visiting dh's family and watching him work. We're finishing lunch and Andrew is napping. Even though I slept great last night, I think I'll try to catch a few, can't hurt anything.
I think I'm making chicken spaghetti for dinner. Never made it, found the recipe on some website and I have everything for it.

Spryng, so glad you are enjoying your weekend. Can't wait to hear more from you.

Cheri, glad you're having a good day. How old is Nathan?

Leigh, Cheri is right about the feelings. You'll get passed them and next time they come up you'll know what they are and why you're feeling them so they're easier to pass.

Deana, glad things are going good for you. Glad you got to go out with dh. No matter what you do it's nice to get out and be a woman and wife other than a "mother".

Oh, there's a new coffee shop opening in Terrell tomorrow. Called Cuppa Coffee. There isn't a drive thru but I'm so badly wanting to go in and "check it out" and get a nice latte.

Okay, I'll check back later, maybe after a little nap.

CheriBrorsen
09-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Crystal--

Nathan turned 6 yesterday (I just updated my signature line). Daniel turned 4 on August 29th and Elijah will be 2 on October 16th.

Hope you get a nice nap in...

MichelleRae
09-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Hey girls quick post for me cuz I'm going back to bed I'm seriously sleep deprived.

Penny Rubie looks so adorable!! Yugi is such a mommas boy he loves me to death such a sweetie!

QOTD: I don't have any regrets either none at all, I think my high school experience was exactly as it should have been. I was in band, marching band, pep band, orchestra, AP courses, Business Professionals of America, key club, speech and debate, photojournalism, I was loaded with extra curricular, had tons of friends, dated the class pres., and got decent grades, I wish I could do it all again.

Does anyone know when Geri is supposed to be back?

Spryng glad you are having a nice weekend!!

Welcome to the Newbies its great to have you here!!
Well I better go and get some sleep, I have to work tonight and I'm just exhausted lately, I think I'm getting sick ughhhhh!!

TTYL!!

Bayleysmom
09-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Oh my goodness ladies!! I think this is the fastest I've ever seen this thread on a Sunday! Looks like a normal weekday! Well last night was REALLY fun. It ended up just being us and one other couple but it worked out great. We played a game called Mexican train and had a blast! We also had pizza and Cokes so as far as eating went it was not good so I know between Olive Garden friday and pizza last night I'll be trying to play catch up all week and will probably not see a loss but I am going to hit the gym hard again this week like I did last week and hopefully burn most of it off. I also didn't get to sleep till 2AM because of those darn cokes!! Luckily Bayley slept in too so we didn't get up till 10:30!! LOL sorry to those of you who didn't get sleep :)

Penny sorry to hear about your family member. That is always so hard. My thoughts are with you. I hope they figure out what to do with Andrew. That would be scary having to put him through surgery if he really didn't need it right away. Hopefully they can hold off a little till he is a little older. Hope your lesson is works out well. I'm sure the kids love it!! Cute pic of Ruby!!

Hi Sarah great to meet you! Tell us more about yourself!!

Yay Crystal some sleep!!! I bet that feels great!

Spryng glad you are having such a great weekend! I had a great garage sale find too!! I wish I would have found clothes too! My clothes are starting not to fit right since I have been losing weight so I need some new ones, darn it that means shopping! LOL Hurry up and come back I need some diet inspiration! LOL

Hi Leigh sorry you are so tired, maybe you can nap while Liam is napping later? I know what you mean about how you feel when you are by yourself with Liam all the time. My dh is obviously home more than yours but when he is at work and I am feeling overwhelmed I have my mom like 2 minutes away so I can usually get a reprieve if I really need one. Do you have anyone close by that you feel like you could trust like that? I know it makes all the diff. in the world sometimes for me. As far as when dh is home he is usually super good with the baby, he knows that on the weekends it's his turn to play parent so he can give me a little break. Because as we all know a sane mommy is a happy mommy! LOL I would suggest letting your dh know how you have been feeling, from what you tell us it sounds like he is a great dh and I'm sure he would try to help you out more when he is home if he knew how you are really feeling. Just a suggestion. Hope today is a better day for you :)

Hi Gabrielle looks like we started our weight loss at almost the same weight! However my goal weight is 10 pounds higher because I know that is a maintainable weight for me. Have you been 125 before? I know last time I was that I was a freshman in high school so I know I will never be that again! LOL That's cool you want to go into the airforce, what will you do with the baby? Sorry just a few questions here! LOL We're glad to have you!

Deana you are one busy woman!! Geez!! All those scout meeting during the week along with everything else you have to do! I'm glad you have found what you are looking for in this site. It did sound like your friendship with your friend was one-sided. I've had friendships like that myself, they are emotionally draining. Hope you are having a great day!!

HI Cheri your menu sounds great!!

Michelle I hope you get some sleep! You are a working maniac lately! Slow down and hang out with us more! LOL Have fun at work tonight!

Ok well it's taken me forever to write this and now I am tired! LOL :) so I think I will go lay down. I'll talk to you all later!

gabwill
09-12-2004, 03:47 PM
I have been at 125 before. The last time I was 125 I started 10 lbs more then what I am now. It was hard but I worked that all off... it happened in about a month and a half. I went to the gum nonstop for the entire time. Of course it was before Jasmine was even thought of but I did it. I maintained it for a while but here I am again. Not as much as before but that just means that it may be simpler this time around although it doesn't seem that way since I have been trying for a little while now and still no luck. Jasmine will be with my husband while I do bootcamp and all but he will also be working so he will probably take off alittle time and then put her in daycare. They will understand the situation so will give him reasonable hours then. And then that means more money coming in and we will be able to buy a house like we had hoped and maybe sooner then we had hoped. I didn't give up on wanting more children but have put it off for the moment which is alright with both of us since I know I don't want to go the first so many months without help again. But daycare would probably be the best thing for her anyway by then.

watkinsguru
09-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Hi Ladies.

Jill, so glad you had fun. That does sound like fun, going out like that with friends. Sorry you didn't get sleep though. Yes, I did, isn't that great. I've had this extra energy today that I really didn't realize I had bottled up just waiting to release it until I had enough sleep.

I just got done rearranging the kids room. Dh won't like it, but when you've got 3 beds in one room and none of them are bunk beds, you don't have many choices and you probably won't like them any way. But I put the girls beds' side by side which is what dh won't like. But Ally, for some unknown reason, started having problems sleeping in her bed and crying every night saying something was under her bed, so now she won't do that. And Andrew had the most uncomfortable bed so I put him in the most comfortable bed. Maybe all this will help, who knows. Then I put their bookshelf with all the books and a few toys IN the closet so now there's a door to keep that out of sight. We'll see how it works tonight.

I'm brewing some tea and then gonna start dinner at about 430. Sure hope everyone is having a great Sunday. Hope to hear from more of you later.

mompen
09-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Afternoon Ladies...

Well it looks as if I won't be going to the wake tonight or the funeral tomorrow.

Nicholas was vomiting all night and this am and now all day he has a 104 fever :( Hopefully he will be better tomorrow!

Crystal,
Congrats on rearranging the room! I bet the kids will like it just b/c it is something different! And tell dh he doesn't have to sleep in it :D

Ok Jill,
I HAVE to see the pics from Bayley's party this coming weekend! I have to see Bayley and all your family with red and black teeth :lol: Red is the worse in staining....lol

Cheri,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN! :balloons: :) Btw, we use the healthy choice sausage and I really like it! Great menu! I will have to do mine tonight!

Spryng,
Congrats on all the great stuff from the garage sale! I bet the kiddos got some new toys too huh? :)

Michelle,
You have to work..... that sucks :( How is Teagan doing with her steps??? So Cute! I need a family pic soon! And where is the pic of Yugi you promised?? You are SLACKIN' :) Hope you aren't getting sick :( Ok Inquiring mind..lol I didn't weigh this week....lol

Deana,
That is alot of scouting! But you did peak my interest. I am going to check into it right now for the boys! The Beer Garden... Is that local or state wide? I have never heard of it but it sounds like a neat name :) Ok I just checked the scouts and we don't have any nearby :( But maybe oneday :)

Leigh,
Hope you got some rest today! When does dh come back in? Hang in there! We are here for you! :)

Gab,
You lost alot of weight in a short period! A month and a half? Really? What type of plan where you doing? I wish you luck!

Have a great evening :)

need2losemore
09-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Welcome,Gabrielle.
I am Ricci (pronounced Ricki) sahm to two boys, Eric, 6 and RJ 4. I also do the power 90 videos. I haven't lately though.
Busy weekend here ladies. Not much to report. Ihave to go play with my manequins hair for awhile, see if i can do anything with it.

BIGtimeLOSER
09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
I have had a busy weekend, but haven't done too terrible with my eating. Went to a birthday party and ate 1 piece of pizza and 1 piece of cake. Today I went to friends after church and we had hotdogs, so while not the best options, I didn't over eat at all.

Welcome Gabrielle and Sarah! This is the best group of gals on the web, I promise you that!! You will enjoy it here!

Spryng...Glad your dh is job hunting, but as far as TOM goes...seems our cycles are getting in syc in this little group here. Weird, huh? LOL!

Crystal...when you have limited space, you do what you have to in order to be comfortable. DH isn't sleeping in there, so what would his complaint be? My kids always love it when I rearrange furniture, it's like having something new! Glad you slept well. Hope I get to!

Yes Penny...Christian is having surgery on WEdnesday and I am having a biopsy on Tuesday! Not gonna be a fun week for me.

Jill...Keep up the exercise! I feel so much better when I do! I just need to figure out how to make it a daily thing. My life is so hectic it's hard!

Gotta go get DS from YOUTH...back later!

mompen
09-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Cindi,
It sounds like you did pretty well! :)

Please keep us informed this week! Is Christian staying in overnight? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Kristen,
I see that your anniversary is Tuesday, right? Is dh back in yet?

Well Nicholas's fever is down a bit so I might run and get some groceries...

Be back later on :)

watkinsguru
09-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Penny, sure hope Nicholas is okay.

Cindi, I will keep you and Christian in my prayers. Seems like this is going to be a busy week for alot of us. Dh is having his vasectomy on Friday, YEAH!!! Hope all goes well.

Well, dinner was a success. Chicken spaghetti, Ally loved it, Andrew loved it, Dh loved it, I enjoyed it but Alisa didn't. Oh well, you can't please every one. All in all, it was good and the majority of us liked it.
Now we're going to spend some time outside. Then come in for our snack and bath. TTYL

Deana1113
09-12-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm back.

Crystal: As far as I know girl scouts doesn't cost much. I know with cub scouts there is a $10 sign up fee and then renew every year in Nov for $10. Then there's the uniform. Probably around $50 for everything they need (just guessing). Some may have weekly dues of like $1 to help cover materials they use in crafts and such. But they learn how to cook, learn about nature, take hikes when a little older, maybe camp out. It really is a fun and good learning experience for them. Maybe dh's grandparents would be willing to help her get started, financially. And with weekly meetings, maybe after the baby comes there would be another mother that could pick her up and bring her home from meetings for a few weeks. You could ask at the local elementary school who the leader is and maybe meet with her to discuss the possibility of Alisa joining. And if you have a problem coming up with the money for her uniform or anything else, sometimes there are left over uniforms from older girls available for those in need of one. The leader should know. Good luck. It would be great to see her join the scouting life........I understand about the bedroom issue. I have the youngest 3 in one room too with a set of bunk beds and one twin and there still is just a small path around them with 2 bookshelves and 2 dressers. But when you only have so much to work with, you do it. I have to wait til oldest moves out in a couole years to move the boys in there and Abby can have her own room.

Penny: That's too bad there isn't a group near you. Maybe in a neighboring town not too far away? It really is great for the boys and girls. I do so much with scouts. This past year I was committee chairperson for our banquet in February and then I was on the committee for the Pinewood Derby in March. That's where the boys plan, design, cut, paint and race wooden cars. There are lots of rules they have to follow like for weight and length, and we race them on an aluminum race track. It is so much fun. Then we hosted to District competition 2 weeks later and had over 13 different packs present. Andrew won First place in Wolf Den and 3rd place overall at our competition. Matthew won First place int he Tiger cub Den. So needless to say we are amassing trophies and need more room for them. If only I had a spare wall to build a trophy case :?: You may also be able to find information on the net. I just don't know what Council you would be represented by. You would just have to check for your area. Good luck. I know they would love it......the beer garden is jsut a part of the local fairs here, some towns have one and some don't. They usually have a band and you just socialize and drink. It's a fun time and you almost always run into someone you haven't seen forever. Rubie is soooooo cute.

Gabrielle: So sorry I missed saying Welcome earlier. Kids were buggin me for lunch so I ahd to run. I'm sure you will love it here too.

Cheri: That menu sounds wonderful. Tonight's supper was a big hit with almost all at my house. I coated skinless boneless chicken breast with a combo of bran flakes, parmesan cheese and garlic salt with parsley then baked it. It was soooooooooooooo good but I could only have 3 oz. But with the other things I got plenty full and still have 120 calories left for a snack tonight while I watch Chiefs Football......GO CHIEFS !!!!!!!!

Cyndi: Hope all goes well with you biopsy and Christian's surgery. I will be thinking of you both this week. Let us know how everyone is doing.

Ricci: Have fun with the hair. My mom was a beautician for many, many years until she wasn't making enough in her own shop at home to pay the bills. She is in a small town. She had to end up getting a job in a bigger town and has been there over 6 years and is now a supervisor making really good money. She loves it. But she still has her shop and if anyone in the family needs anything she will still do it for them.

Jill: Glad you had a good time with your friends. Don't worry, it will come back off at the gym.

Michelle: Girl you are working entirely too much.....you need play time too ;)

QOTD: I regret some about my teenage years. Especially with school but so much of that wasn't my fault. It was that I was in a small school and the kids picked on me from day one because of my name. They always called me Dino the Dog and would do really rude things like wait til the teacher was out of the room and crawl around and hike their leg on my chair. At the end of 7th grade I made junior high cheerleader and the entire football team threatened to quit if I stayed. Well I stayed and they still played....chicken s***s. I put up with that kind of treatment until my Junior year, even from older kids. I would get locked in lockers, spit on, etc. I quit school Oct. 1 of my Junior year and went on the get my GED within a month and started working. Then I had a boyfriend that I moved in with and after a year and a half he got really abusive. I put up with that for almost a year and a half until I made him mad enough one day to tell me to leave. I just told him THANK YOU and packed my stuff and called my mom to come get me. This was all by the time I was 19. So yeah I have some regrets that I didn't have what I consider normal teenage years, but I think I became a stronger, more aware person because of it. Ok now you all know a bit of my life history. The rest either isn't worth hearing or nothing that I would put down in type. Yes some of it was that bad. But I am also llike an open book. If anyone wants to know something about just ask. I am more than happy to tell. I think of it as emotional therapy. Although most of it I have dealt with and have no real repercussions because of it. Gees.....somebody tell me to shut up already..... :dizzy:

Well I have to run to town right quick and get back to watch the game. Have a great night all and I will TTYL.

watkinsguru
09-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Deana, I hope I didn't resurrect old, BAD, memories. That sounds terrible. But you're right, we learn from our teenage years. Why were you picked on so badly? No reason? Kids are just kids I guess.
I was a nerdy, I think, up until high school. My sister was a senior when I was a freshman and she was majorly popluar so I automatically fit in her shoes. I don't know why shools and kids work that way, but they do. I went from nothing to something just because I was the little sister of the popular one. But that was good for me because I so much enjoyed being popular. I had friends in all clicks and I think was liked by people in all clicks.
Enough about that. We played outside for a bit, kids had a snack and a bath. Now we're chilling out and settling in before bedtime.
Hope all is well with all of you.

Deana1113
09-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Crystal: No Problem. Like I said, I'm an open book. It doesn't bother me to talk about it at all. There was alot more, but I was already writing a book.....LOL. I had a cousin that was 2 years ahead of me but acted like she didn't know who I was because she was in the popular clique. I had a couple of friends but not really close ones and we were all the lower clique. Yeah it sucked but I'm past it and I hope that I can help my kids to be better off because of it. Knowing what I went through, I can see the warning signs and help them learn how to deal with different issues when they arise.

Well I'm missing the game so I am gone for the night. See ya'll tomorrow.

mompen
09-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks for informing me about the beer garden thingy.... Out yunder in dis der country we simple folks never heard bout tat kinda stuff :lol:

I am SO glad you are with us! You are right! You are a stronger person. We learn and live from our past and don't worry, we all have skeltons in our closets... I am scared of mine....lol

Have a great time watching the game!

Crystal,
Hope the kiddos give you a good nights rest tonight!

Have a good night!

Loveliam
09-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Good evening. Posting later than usual because I had to watch Six Feet Under. Thanks all for the kind words about my little vent yesterday. Today I feel much better. I just needed to get that off my chest- I think it's all TOM related anyway LOL.

Gabrielle- I love your name! Sounds like you have good goals :)

Hi, Deana! Good to know all is well with you and your family. Sorry you went through such a bad time in High School :(

Hi, Cheri! LOL about your line about the kids having another parent to bug :D So what was Nathan's Birthday prize?

Crystal- Wow! So the big building project is really going to happen! Well, I think however it turns out, what's meant to be will be :) How do the kids like the room arrangement?

Hi, Michelle!

Jill- sounds like you had a great time last night.As for DH, when he's home he is very good about giving me breaks - I think it's just that he's been gone for weeks and weeks with all these hurricanes and yesterday I snapped :( But I've had a very good day today, so I feel a lot better.

Penny- Hope Nicholas is better ASAP! I hope Ivan doesn't decide to go your way.

Ricci- you can come practice on my hair LOL.

Cindi- I'm thinking of you this week with the surgery and biopsy.

Okay, I'm turning in for the night. Have great dreams- I'll "see" ya'll in the morning :)

mompen
09-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Leigh,
Glad to hear you are doing a little better tonight!

I am getting worried about Ivan. Isn't it more projected towards Georgia? I don't pray that it goes away from me because I don't want to wish it on anyone else either!

I think we will know alot more on Tuesday or so!

I will keep us ALL in my prayers to stay safe!

mompen
09-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Ok Leigh,

We just got local channels today! Hooray! So I typed in your hubby's name to see what channel he was on.

Anyhow, they have some kind of voting thing going on? I voted but not sure for what...lol

Fill me in!

gabwill
09-13-2004, 12:13 AM
Hello everyone! Just wanted to post before heading to be.

Penny- Yes that is a lot in a little but it didn't stay off that long.. a few months max. I wasn't really following a plan. When we lived in New Orleans we had a free gym with the apartments that we were staying at. It was a huge gym and I didn't feel uncomfortable since there was a section just for females and most females that were healthier stayed in the main area. I would watch what I ate, walk for an hour, swim, bike for 45 minutes in a hilly terrain, run about 20 minutes, lift weights, and take alot of classes (step aerobics was my favorite). Best thing is that it was all for free. I would do thid 5 days of the week taking off the weekend and it just flew off. If I wouldn't have left at that time I may still be at the weight but never got back into it and I just don't have the money to go to a gym with daycare right now. Alos what part of La. are you from. Originally I am from a small city just south of Lafayette.

Ricci- I love them so far. I had started them before but with moving out here and settling in I just recently got back to them. I decided that instead of going back to the beginning that I would do better doing the second part of the tapes and go for 45 days before switching up routines again. I really want the slim in 6 tapes. They look like fun!

Deana- it is no problem. We were probably posting at the same time is all.

Leigh- Yeah I like yours too.... that is my middle name Leigh.

Well I have to go I am so tired

watkinsguru
09-13-2004, 06:34 AM
starting a new thread.