Old 09-11-2004, 07:39 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat, September 11th and 12th

First I'd like to start this thread by remembering all the people who lost their lives 3 years ago from the terrorist attacks 9-11. I continue to pray that peace will come.

Good Morning !!

What a great day at the Zoo yesterday, hardly anyone was there, the weather was cool and crisp but the sun was strong. Excellent !!! Today there's a junky flea market up the street from my house so I will walk there with DD, just for something to do. Other than that, no real plans for the weekend. Got some laundry and things to clean ICK.

Whats your plans for the weekend ???
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 08:20 AM   #2  

Good morning ladies *hugs*!

God bless america...we will never forget.

I'm off to the LSU game today...I just LOVE football! I'm concerned about making proper food choices today, but I'm so commited to this WOE that I know it's possible. The problem is that the southern USA has the best food in the world and I'm heading about 3 hours south of where I live I guess I'll be living on turkey legs and diet coke today...hey, that doesn't sound too bad! If anyone gets the urge to watch the game tonight, kickoff is at 7 pm cst...I'll be the one in purple...LOL...I guess we'll all be wearing purple LOL!

Wishing everyone a beautiful and safe day!!!

HUGS!
Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:30 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

I have to agree with Leenie right now. May God bless everyone and watch over the troops. And America will NEVER forget!!

Leenie: Glad you had a blast at the zoo...and enjoy the flee market. I haven't been to one in years.

Jules: Have fun at the game and good luck w/the food!!

Well, we went bowling last night w/the DD's. Pretty sad when a 12 year old almost beats you But we all had fun and my new bowling shoes are SOO comfortable!! Today we're going to some sports thing. The girls can go fishing in a stocked pond (but DH said to give the fish away as they'll taste crappy from being pellet fed), oldest DD can take her hunters safety card and shoot guns. And I guess we're going to shoot trap or something also. It'll be a day of exercise anyway I can officially say I weigh what my siggie says And oh MAN do I feel GREAT!!!! I'm still tired but I'm not feeling bloated or fat. I feel like a burning fat machine (so hopefully that's actually TRUE and I can officially lower my siggie next week) Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:33 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Jane, just read your reply from yesterday. Been thinking of that also. I don't sleep through the night either. Whatever happened to all the energy I used to have on this WOE? Is it possible I drink so much water my bladder can't handle it so has to wake me up and so I'm not getting enough sleep? Is this WOE giving me TOO much energy at night that I can't sleep through? Or is it possible the vitamins I take are the cause. All questions I wish I had answers to. lol. Hope you can get some zzz's soon!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:36 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning chickies!!

I am loving my new car it is soooo cute and fun to drive. I went to the gym and that felt great and I was OP yesterday! So all is right with the world! (well my world anyway!)

I watched a documentary last night called "In Memorium" it was about the 9/11 attacks from Mayor Guilliani's point of view, it was very sad and brought back all of those memories and fears. I was 8 months pregnant at the time and I had major anxiety thinking what kind of world was I bringing my baby into, it was scary. I just watched the show last night and cried. One of the ladies that was on the show was the mayors assistant and her husband was a firefighter and he died, she found out a couple weeks after the attack that she was pregnant. It was so sad.

MY thoughts are with everyone who lost their lives an their families. I think I feel like putting out the flag today!!! (I am gonna go get it) Remember how great it was after 9/11 when everyone had flags one their cars and their houses it was so patriotic! Lets all put out our flags! Yippeeee

Hope all of you have a great weekend, I am off to the gym!

LOve
TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 02:44 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

TG, I remember watching the attacks on the TV. I was home with my then 3 week old baby and boy was I scared to death. My home sits higher in the mountain area of Northern NJ, so you can see NYC from my house. We watched the smoke from the buildings, it was a horrible thing. The same thoughts you were thinking so was I. What kind of world am I bringing my baby into. With everyone freaking out, I kept thinking OMG what if I can't get formula to feed my baby, what if she gets sick. My DH was in a lady's home refinishing her kitchen when she let out a scream. She was watching TV and watched the 2nd tower go down with her husband in it. She knew he was dead. My DH just packed up his stuff and went home (well after the lady's family got there). My sisters boss was on her way to the first tower for work, they said turn around and they were about 3 blocks from the building when the 2nd one got hit so they started running. She did make it home but it was a long day and night b/c she didn't reach home in NJ until really late. She couldn't work for over a year after that b/c of the trama. We also have people from work who lost family. To close to home for sure.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:11 PM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Leenie,
that is so sad, this lady that worked for the mayor said she felt her husband die, she knew he was dead. I was glad that we lived so far away, although you could feel it all the way over here, people were just different somehow. @ of the clients I was pet sitting for at the time were there and it was over a week before I got ahold of them to make sure they were OK and then it was 2 weeks before they could get flights home. It was crazy for sure. We live right near the Portland airport and it was such a comfort not to hear the planes going by when the airports were closed, and when they started back up for about a week everyone would freeze when one flew by even all the way out here in Oregon.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 03:04 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Another day, another pound up I'm sure. I can't stop. DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!