Support Groups - SAHM's #242 Friday

View Full Version : SAHM's #242 Friday

watkinsguru
09-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy for 2 yrs., who is 27. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months

watkinsguru
09-10-2004, 07:34 AM
I haven't made my coffee yet, so this will be quick...I need some.

I slept between 5 and 6 hours with many interruptions and today is my busy day to clean mom's house and run errands. Dh went to work today but still not feeling very good. Tomorrow we have to go to my sisters, it was one of my nieces birthday this past week and they are having her party tomorrow. Haven't been over there since the 4th of July I don't think. It will be nice.
Thank you all for your words to me and you are all right, except for the fact that my dh is different than most so there probably won't be discussion between us, I'll just eventually find out his plan and that will be it.

Spryng, so glad your appt. went well. And so glad they gave you all those BC pills. That will help ALOT. Your dh will be in tonight, right? Have lots and lots of fun.

Michelle, sorry you have to work tonight. It's nice to get those planned nights off, huh?

Deana, I love bbq sauce, but I don't eat it on everything, but I do love it. Maybe you should sell it.

Jill, hope Bayley finally went to sleep for you.

I hope everyone has a great day. I've got to get some coffee brewing. If I'm not around later, then I'll check in sometime.

Deana1113
09-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Good Morning Ladies !!!!!

I am usually so bad about not getting here until evening, but today I have.....

QOTD: Who do you, personally, think your children look more like, you or daddy? This is meant to be your personal opinion, not who other people tell you they look like.

My oldest is almost a spitting image of his father. He is tall, 6'1", his dad was 6'3". My next two have the same father and don't even look like brothers. The older one, Andrew, looks like his father's pictures of when he was little. Matthew, my 3rd looks more like my dad's side. Dark complexion from the Indian in that side....and looooooong eyelashes. Dd looks almost excactly as I did when I was that age. Big brown eyes and blonde. Although it turned when I was probably 5, so I'm waiting for hers to change. But she is built more like dh, tall and thin. Dh is 6'2", 175 lbs. I can only hope that none of them inherited my weight issues.

Plan for the day: get kids off to school, clean my kitchen from the BBQ sauce mess yesterday, start working on getting caught up again on laundry, get dd to preschool, run to the next town over to go to the bank, buy groceries. By that time I have to get supper for some of us. Andrew is going to a sleepover so he will eat there. Dh and I are going on a "Date" to the street fair in the town he grew up in and we're going to go to the beer garden to see old friends and do some dancing.....great excercise :D The other 3 are going to a friend's house. Erik, my oldest, is best friends with her son and she said she would take Abby since my MIL is going out of town and can't. I'm still trying to reach Matthew's dad, and if I do, he will be going there. If I can't she said she would take him too. Then the best part...........Dh and I get to come home to an empty house :smug: That hasn't happened like forever.

Well kids are getting up for school so I better go supervise the dressing of the kids...LOL...they're boys, I have to make sure their clothes match......Geeez, males and fashion sense..... :dizzy:

I will try to check in later and see everyone's answers. If I don't get back, it's because I'm running and running and running.

Have a great day ladies. TTYL

Deana1113
09-10-2004, 07:55 AM
Jill: someone else said I should sell it too. The problem is I don't have a recipe. I dump stuff in until it tastes right. I probably coun't duplicate it if I had to. What I made yesterday was only 4 pints and tomato season is almost over. I won't use store bought tomatoes. I may try again sometime, but not soon.....what a mess it makes.

Angel Marie
09-10-2004, 08:09 AM
morning ladies'

QOTD: I think all my kids look like themselves.None of them really favor any of us adults.Now all the kids, (my kids,nieces,and newphews)look suprisingly alike.It's kind of weriod how it all worked out that way.

My plan for today is to finish up cleaning.Get on that Nortic track for 10 minutes.(i'll up it once I get used to doing it again)drink water and play with kids.That's about it.

Oh,I bought some wrinkle cream and it's awesome.It works in one application.
If any of ya'll are interested its called instant wrinkle eraser,there are different ones.I got eye repair.I'm getting crows feet and this stuff really works.I can actually see a difference and i've only used it twice.Pretty cool stuff.I'm into all the anti aging creams and potions and lotions and anything to keep me from looking old.lol :lol: I'm fighting it with all I got. :dizzy: And since caffine keeps ya young I don't have to feel guilty about drinking so much coffee.
Well let me get off here and get some housework done.
ttyl :angel: Angel

watkinsguru
09-10-2004, 08:15 AM
QOTD: My oldest, Alisa, looks just like me. Just like a mini me, LOL!!! Ally looks more like dh and Andrew, I think he looks like me. Everyone says Ally looks like dh's grandma and Andrew looks just like dh, but yet he looks like Alisa which looks just like me.
Alisa and Andrew both have these green/brown eyes, are bigger boned and healthier, so to speak, brown hair and dark complexion. Ally is tiny, tiny with blonde hair and blue eyes. Pale as a ghost. The funniest thing, my sister says if I hadn't had Ally at home, she'd of thought I brought home the wrong baby, LOL!

Okay, Andrew is awake and I know the girls will soon follow. TTYL

spryng
09-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Good morning girls!!

Well, guess who crawled into my bed at midnight? My DH!!! :) It was a nice suprise... I was sleeping so hard and barely heard him pull up. Of course he kept me up for awhile after he came in, lol :o Not what you think though, LOL! Just pillow talk!!
OK, my WI... I'm up 2#'s... I know alot of that is sodium but I am down since yesterday so I know it's coming back off too. I'm going to try and be really good this weekend while dh is home but no promises, lol.
QOTD--- Ava looks just like I did at her age. Except I have blue eyes and light hair then and she has brown eyes and dark hair. But I was tiny and petite just like her (she weighs 28 lb fully clothes, lol) but I love to look at her because I see me. Now Bubba is a little Joe (my dh) we have a picture of Joe up on the entertainment center when he was 2 and dressed in this little blue suit and one day someone came over and asked when did we take a new picture of Bubba... I laughed but when I looked at the picture he was right! Looked exactly like Bubba!! And Tanner looks alot like Bubba so I guess he takes after my dh too. All my kids have different colored eyes... Ava brown, Bubba bright blue (like mine) and Tanner has grey eyes. They are so pretty, I just love that about them.

Angel, that wrinkle cream sounds great! And I heard the opposite about caffiene, that it is dehydrating and will give you more wrinkles because it pulls the moisture out of your skin. Oh the wonderful world of conflicting information huh? No expert can ever agree on anything, LOL! Hope you get the nordic track in! Is that a elliptical machine?

Deana your date sounds like fun!!! I hope we can get out and do something fun today too. My ds wants to go fishing... so maybe that. And enjoy your empty house tonight!! I'm envious! :)

Crystal, I hope your dh continues to feel better! Have a great day!

Well I have to go, dh is bugging me! TTYL!

sydsmom
09-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Good Morning !! Today is starting way better than the last couple of days . Sorry IW as soo whiney yesterday. Iwas just really overwhelmed. I even missed my QOTD :( darn it !!! dh comes home today and I am trying to get the house in order so we can just enjoy the weekend, there is lots to do in the yard, so that is probably what we will be doing !!! :) I bet you won't hear a peep from me until monday...after he gets home tonight, that is!
QOTD: Sydney is a mini me. She looks exactly like me, only her eyes are a beautiful gray/blue. Mine are green. Her hair, her teeth, nose everything, is just me! the only thing that makes her look like dh is her face shape, and her butt ! :lol: They both have a cutest butts !!! :) :o

Crystal - I hope everything gets straightened out about the living situation. I'm sure you guys will get it figured out, it just takes time !! Thats funny that you have a "milk man's child" Adam looks nothing like his family too! haha! that is a good thing, trust me! :rofl: :lol3:

Spryng - that is so nice that dh came home so early, how nice to snuggle! :) Have fun fishing, we are going too this weekend, early sat morning - I think !

Angel - glad the wrinkle cream is working well :) I've heard the conflicting stories about caffeine too ! I stay away from it all the time because I bounce off the walls if I have too much and then when I don't have it, I get BAD headaches, like I am having withdrawls! haha!

Deana - I love BBQ sauce too, I have a really good tangy recipe for it...it is my dh's favorite!!!! I hear ya about the male fashion thing, I dress my dh usually! :lol: he always asked "what am I wearing?"

Hi Jill what are you doing today?

Penny - Glad that you are feeling so positive about your weight loss now ! :) THat is awesome that you are setting goals and getting on track for yourself! What are you planning for the weekend. Let us know about the tonsil consult. I remember you saying that you have one, just cant' remember when he goes in...sorry...morning brain!!! :)

MIchelle - Lets see some more pics of little Yugi !!!! :) I know this is a bit late, but I was havinga horrible time so I missed it, but I wanted to tell you happy anniversary and I hope that you guys had a great evening !!! :)

Jaymi - think your preg? what? sheeesh, is it in the water????? :lol:

Hi Geri, where are you ???

hey to Ricci !!!!

Mel - I'm so sorry to hear about bugga !!!! we were in the same boat I tell ya ! I hope he is feeling better....sydney is 100% normal today and her blood work was all fine. I will be here girl if you need to talk, childrens pain is so overwhelming !! I'm thinking of ya ! :^:

well I think I covered everyone, so I better get off here, and shower and get my kitchen cleaned up, laundry done and the desk organized !!!! and our bedrooms! ugh, lots to do today! :) well , ttyl !!!!!

MichelleRae
09-10-2004, 10:41 AM
good Morning gals!!

Needless to say I'm exhausted lol oh well I'll get a nap this afternoon.

Spryng how nice for you that DH crawled into bed with you :) Have fun ;)

Kristin thanks for the anniversary wishes :D :grouphug:

Deana Mmmmmm BBQ sauce!! You wonder woman you!

Crystal hows thetummy doin?

QOTD: Well Taylor looks just like I did when I was her age and even smiles just like I did! Teagan looks just like her daddy toehead and all. When Teagan gets tired she gets this blank stare on her face and she looks soooo much like Zhaun then especially!!

Ok girls I've got cleaning to do! I'll talk to you later!
Michelle

melmcc99
09-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Good Morning! Well QOTD : Well, it's amazing how the gene pool works. I don't think the kids look too much like either of us. But when people ask, I say they look like dh. It depends on the day when I see other relatives in each of them. Their expression for instance remind me of other relatives or mannerisms that they do. Abigail at 3 months old looked EXACTLY like my MIL at 3 months. We put two pictures side by side and were amazed. you would have thought it was the same kid without blinking an eye! People tell me Bugga looks like me and Abigail looks like dh. Some people say that don't know dh that Abigail is a spitting image of me. I guess they just look like them and each other. Know mistaking them for anyone else.

Kristin, I am glad Syd is feeling better. Thanks for your kind words as well.

The rest of you thank you as well for your kinds words regarding bugga. I am still PO'd and hurting for him. I feel like shaking someone. I will contact NOCIRC today and see what they say. It's an organization about Intact ...uncircumsized babies/children/adults. My dh IS circumsized. Our point in not doing it for him started with him being preemie and being put through enough already. We stood outside a door in the NICU at the hospital where one was being done and wanted to THROW UP. YOu've never heard a child screech in pain like that EVER until you've heard this. Before this we were on the Fence about the procedure. We did alot of research about it and decided that God put the skin there for a reason and that's where it should stay. Not that I have any problem with people who do it. IT's there choice. I just feel that it should be the child's choice as an adult if that's what they want. BUt the problem is most people don't know how to care for it. They think you are supposed to pull the skin back to clean it. You are not! The glad releases it's own "cleaner" and cleans itself. ANyway, enough about this. I just thought I'd mention it. It's on my mind today still. Just angry that someone hurt my little boy. We Italians don't like to be messed with ya know?

Spryng, Glad you got a surprise visit from DH. I know you enjoyed the company. DOn't worry about the 2lbs, it'l be gone by Monday! I'm sure it's bloating.

Penny, where are you? Wanted to ask you since we both had a rough start here if we should extend our goal date and get back on full track Monday am. Maybe add 2 weeks or something. I just think we will try to hard to get to the 10lb goal by the 8th and burn out. LMK

Michelle, hope you get a nap in today.

Deana, have a great day!

Crystal, glad you at least got a six hour sleep without interuption. You needed it after being upset last night.

Angel, hope you have a nice day. Glad you found a cream that works for you.

watkinsguru
09-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Mel, did I say 6 hours without interruption??? No, no, no, Andrew kept me up for almost 2 hours and Ally got up twice. There were plenty of interruptions. I just snuck in 30 minutes a few minutes ago, so maybe that will get me through the rest of the day.
I've got research to do on the net.
TTYL

Bayleysmom
09-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey everyone, I maintained! Well I guess I was somewhat excited since I didn't gain but I really wanted to lose at least another half pound but today is the day I measure so that may be where I see some loss. I sure hope so cause seeing the same number on the scale is somewhat discouraging even though I know it could be so much worse. Anyway I will be getting my house in order today for the get together tomorrow so I hope I can get a lot done. I know Cindi wants to do a flylady challenge so anyone else who is up for it just jump in!

Angle not sure if you read the posts from later last night but I am totally for doing a challenge for the next 10 pounds. Read last nights posts and tell me what you think.

Cindi I will be back around 12:30 Central to clean so if you are still up for it I will IM you when I get home!

Spryng YAY your dh is home!! I guess we won't be hearing much from you this weekend! LOL Hope you have fun, don't worry about the pounds you are dedicated and they will come off!

Penny so how and what are you doing today? Let me know how you liked that game!!

Michelle you have to work so much lately!! I miss you! You need to come back and have late night chats with all of us again!

Mel sorry you are still so upset let us know how that phone call turns out. I hope you can find some peace of mind. How did bugga do last night?

Kristin glad your day is starting out better, glad syd is doing good. Have fun with the dh this weekend!!!

Crystal hope dh starts feeling better soon I know how men act when they aren't feeling well and it's not pretty! LOL

Deana a night alone!!??? Wow enjoy yourself!!

Ok I need to get ready for the gym and get my butt in gear! I am going to go measure and see what's up, I may weigh again too since I usually see a loss after I have woken up and gotten around a little, maybe it's just wishful thinking! TTYL

sydsmom
09-10-2004, 12:20 PM
treal quick I forgot to mention to Michelle that I would totally be into a gift/friendship exchange! I forgot to tell her earlier and wanted to before I forgot again! Okay back to cleaning...see you ladies at dd's nap time ! :)

melmcc99
09-10-2004, 12:54 PM
CRYSTAL. you poor thing, I'm sorry, I read through so fast this morning, and I am still upset from yesterday.

watkinsguru
09-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Mel, I can only imagine about your ordeal yesterday. Are you looking into filing a claim against that nurse? Can you file a complaint against an individual or does it have to be the whole practice? That may be what you're looking into anyways.
Okay, Andrew is fixing to eat lunch, then we've got to go clean my mom's house and run a few other errands.
Hope everyone is doing well.
TTYL

Loveliam
09-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Wow! Been a long time since I got personal LOL. I went all the way back to Wednesday so I can catch up. DH is on his way back to Punta Gorda/Sarasota area. He's been gone so much I suggested we build a concrete, windowless home smack in the center of FL (like Gainesville) and live there during hurricane season. He says it's better than being in Iraq, which is true!

Ricci- it sounds like you're doing so well in your classes- that's great!

Michelle- I do not deal well with cold, which is why we live in the Southeast LOL. If I lived where you did, I'd never leave my home during winter. I love your idea of a gift swap! Great for Teagan's tries at walking. Liam just started standing on his own (no holding on) the other night. But he gets scared and starts to cry! It's kind of cute, but sad at the same time. That's so funny because it seems Liam and Teagan do things at the exact same time. Glad Yugi's doing well.

Kristin- sorry you've had such a stressful week with Sydney feeling sick.

Crystal- Sorry Dh is going through the plans-fell-through-crisis. Maybe once he gets his anger out of his system, he'll be able to look more clearly at other alternatives. What is Alisa's favorute subject in school?

Jaymi- hope all is well with you.

Spryng- oh, I think Lisawas murdered by Brenda. But DH thinks Billy did it as a "gift" to Brenda so she could be with Nate. On another message board, they put forth some very interesting ideas - that Nate's neice, Mikalah (I have no idea how to spell her name) is really the child from the first time Nate got Lisa pregnant, and somehow Nate's brother in law killed Lisa to keep it all quiet. They think this because the BIL kept asking where Lisa's body was and would it be easy to find her grave. All just theories, but it makes me want to watch even more badly! And you're right about how many/when you have children is nobody's business except the couple's.

Jill- Happy belated anniversary!!! That's really cool about the friends having dual pregnancies!

Melissa- so sorry that you and Bugga had to go through all those tests :( :grouphug:How has the Maloxx been working?

Penny- that's very interesting about what the doc said to you. I think maybe I'll take that advice and use it for myself (hope you don't mind LOL). So are you going to start by introducing exercise first and then diet changes?

Angel- Hi! Sounds like all is well with you, which is excellent. What brand is your wrinkle eraser?

Deana- sounds like your doing some scrapbooking with your photo album :)

Jaymi and Crystal- I love Golden Girls too! LOL. It reminds me of my grandmother and her friends in her FL retirement condo. She passed away many years ago, though, and the show just makes me think of her.

Here are all the qotd's I missed:
QOTD 1:I bottle fed and will bottle feed if I have any other babies. I attempted to breastfeed Liam, and it was a complete nightmare for us both. Liam was starving all the time and wasn't getting enough to eat. On top of that, he was colicky and obviouslly allergic to something I was eating because he'd get cramps and pain from breastfeeding. On top of that, since he wasn't getting enough to eat, I could do nothing else but attempt to feed him all day long . . . he couldn't sllep long because he was still hungry . . . he began to lose too much weight . . . I was freaked out that he was starving or getting dehydrated. It was such a relief for us both when he went to the bottle.

QOTD 2: Favorite healthy snack is baby carrots with FF dressing as dip.

QOTD 3: I did not watch A Baby Story. I did watch Maternity Ward or whatever it's called on discovery health, but then had to stop toward my 9th month because it's all about high risk deliveries and it was freaking me out.

QOTD 4: Liam doesn't look like either one of us! Actually, he doesn't look like anyone in our families, but of course DNA is so strange, maybe he looks exactly like some loong-ago relative from 300 years ago or something :lol: He does have DH's nose . . . and he has DH's expression when he's sleeping, but not when awake.

Okay, I think I am now somewhat caught up. I've gotten most of the stuff on my list done, too :) TTYL.

BIGtimeLOSER
09-10-2004, 01:59 PM
TOM is awful today, so I didn't weigh in.

I am fighting those TOM cravings and I am not doing too badly, but I could do better. I am about to start my own water challenge! I need to flush my body some!! I feel soooo bloated!!

I am thinking I am invisible or just forgotten since I get left out of everyones posts, what's up with that???? ;) I know I don't get to always post daily like some of you, but how could you forget someone like me??? LOL!!!

Need to make some calls, be back shortly!!

Love to my peeps!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MichelleRae
09-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Leigh I know isnt it funny how they are reaching milestones at the same time!! Teagan is walking on her knees without her hands on the ground and its so darn cute. Teagan is a big chicken when it comes to walking too she'll take a step and then drop to her knees cuz she gets frightened. I can't wait til shes walking!!

Cindi WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry that TOM has got his ugly clutches in ya, hope he leaves soon!

Crystal hope you are doing better seems like neither of us got much sleep last night Hang in ther

Ok I'm gonna finish my cleaning

Bayleysmom
09-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Okay I am officially jealous of Teagan and Liam! Bayley is a month ahead of both of them and hasn't tried to walk yet on her own. She'll stand by herself for a couple seconds but when she figures out she's on her own she sits down real fast. The day care lady at the gym says she walks with the little push walker all the time in there but she won't do it at home, I think my mom is going to run to town and get her a better walker today so that she can practice at home LOL I know kids reach milestones at diff times but this one really bugs me!! Anyway I had a good workout at the gym and need to CLEAN now!! I want to scrub the bathrooom floor and really get things clean since 2 of the couple coming over have never been here before. I am pretty proud of my house and like to show it off but only if it looks really clean LOL If it's not I don't like people coming over at all, I think I am kind of anal that way! You would think that would make me keep it spotless all the time but it doesn't!! LOL

Cindi I addressed you in my post!! I think what happens is (at least for me) when I post I respond to whoever responded between now and my last post so if you didn't post I don't respond but if you do then I do. I guess I am just lazy like that! Doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you! I'm sorry you felt left out! I'm ready to clean as soon as I'm done with this post!

Michelle want to do flylady with us?

Leigh sorry about your breastfeeding experience! I would have done the same thing, it's scary when they are so little and are obviously hungry, it makes you feel so bad for them! LOL about the concrete house with no windows!!

Ok need to get to my house! I'll yack at you all later!

Loveliam
09-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Cindi- did I miss your posts? Sorry :( I do read your posts, though! TOM is evil. He should arrive here on Monday, so I guess I'm next LOL.

Michelle, it sounds like Teagan is a tiny bit ahead. Liam gets freaked out by standing alone. He plops back down to the floor and cries. Have you gotten far with cleaning? I'm actually doing well. I never get to every single item on my list, but about 90% gets done and I feel so much less overwhelmed than before.

Jill- don't worry, Bayley (BayLEIGH) will be walking before you know it and then you'll be wishing you could sit down LOL. You're really good at this workout stuff. I should use you as my role model. Thanks for your words about my breastfeeding experiences. Like Spryng, I was so sure I'd be the expert breastfeeder. I mean, I used a midwife, I took breastfeeding classes, I thought there was no WAY I couldn't do it and when it wasn't working I felt like a complete failure. But after a while I moved on, especially when I saw the difference in Liam. Like you said, I think people should always do what works best for them and their baby.

Forgot to tell you gals- you know how we've been talking a lot about birth control? Well, DH and I decided I will stop taking any hormonal birth control for a few months and see if I notice a change in my moodiness and such. I never really feel as good when using hormonal birth control. So, today is my first day off of Nuvaring. I'm curious to see what happens.

Okay, not doing too much else here. I miss DH :( Hey, do ya'll know if "polar fleece" is a heavier material than just normal fleece? And I mean the fuzzy-type fleece, not sweatshirt material.
TTYL!

Bayleysmom
09-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Leigh not sure about the polar fleece thing. I think it might be a name they came up with to make it sound better or something LOL. I'm sure you could find something about it on the net though. Hope you are having a good day! Sorry you miss dh, you can have mine for awhile if you want I'm needing some time to myself LOL!! TTYL!

watkinsguru
09-10-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm back from cleaning and so on. I am soooo moody today. Do you gals know when y'all are in a bad mood? You know some people you have to tell them, look you're in a bad mood, but I'll tell you when I am.
I'm moody because of everything going on and yesterday the kids were so good because dh was home sick and now he thinks if they're that good every day then what do I gripe about. I told him the girls have never ever played so good together. And of course, today, fight after fight, scream after scream and it hasn't helped on top of my moodiness. I'm not going to cook dinner, which I'm sure dh will not like that and I always feel like I have to have a reason not to cook, but today, I don't. I just simply don't want to. I usually feel guilty for not cooking, but not today.
I've got to vaccum the livingroom real quick it's driving me crazy.

Leigh, Alisa doesn't like any of school, but she seems to do better in math. Her reading went GREAT yesterday and I think when she keeps doing good and getting better, then she will enjoy it.
She does these 1 minute timed speed drills in math each day and she loves them. They are to help her start remembering her addition and subtraction problems.

Okay, gotta go.

Bayleysmom
09-10-2004, 05:03 PM
P.S. we have a new member on the Moms Losing Weight site her name is WashBernice33 but there is nothing about her and I don't know who it is, any ideas?

Loveliam
09-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Evening :)
Crystal, I'm sorry you're having a bad day. Those get to the best of us! Heck, sometimes just ONE child gets on my last nerve, so I can't even imagine dealing with 3! Maybe when DH gets home, you can take a long shower or bath to try and separate from the day.

Jill- well, I've looked online and I guess Polar Fleece is thicker than some of the other fleeces- I guess you can use it as a light to medium weight jacket, or as extra insulation under an outter nylon jacket.

Liam is taking a nap :D After that, we'll take the doggie out and then watch TV. Well, I'll watch TV and he'll play.

Loveliam
09-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Wait - isn't today also my QOTD day??? Let me know and I'll post a question . . .

watkinsguru
09-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Thanks Leigh, a bath was starting to sound really, really nice. But I'll really have to wait until the kids go to bed and that is if they really go to sleep when I put them down.
This is a general question for everyone out there...
I am usually not a stressed person. I tend to handle stress easily with the flow of things. But for some reason today I actually feel the stress in my chest. Like I can't even breathe and I can't focus on ANYTHING. That's why I'm not cleaning or cooking. I simply don't want to do anything. I feel like I'm walking down the street with my eyes closed. Does any of this make since? How do you handle this? Do any of you ever feel this way and if you do, what do you do?
This is actually new to me.
I'm not wanting sympathy, I promise. One reason I'm feeling this way is because the few friends I have, either aren't into chatting or aren't home or are busy so then what?
Okay, kids are making a mess of things, gotta go.

BIGtimeLOSER
09-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Oh I know I am loved!! I was just picking on you all...kinda, LOL!!

still cleaning with Jill, we are having a nonproductive day today. My phone won't quit ringing and it's not calls I can not answer! This is a normal day with 7 kids for me, but I don't feel great so it's slower going!

I am making that Avocado Chicken...mmmmmm! Can't wait!!

Leigh, just one month of the Nuvaring this time around and I have been miserable. You may find out after a cycle or two that you feel MUCH better. I certainly felt like I was gaining some weight. CAN'T HAVE THAT!!!!

be back later, taters!

Crystal...men are clueless, ya know?! They think we have it made.

bye for now!!

BIGtimeLOSER
09-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Can you get out for a walk or something? Getting away for a bit by myself always helps me.

Hope it gets better soon!!

Love ya!!

watkinsguru
09-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Cindi, hadn't thought of that one. Dh is still sick so I'll have to see what kind of mood he's in when he comes home. Maybe I can go for a walk. Thanks.

sydsmom
09-10-2004, 06:53 PM
HEy there girlies! nap time was nuts the phone rang off the hook and then the neighbor came over, I did a few little things and planned to come down and get online and what happens....my computer freaked out, freezed up and shut off ?!?!?! What the heck, can't a girl get a break ?!?!?! haha! well its working fine now, however dh is on hims way home (yyyyaaayyy!!!) and I need to get dinner going ASAP! So I can't chit-chat !!! I will just go ahead and say it now, see you monday !:lol: SInce I won't get any time to myself now that he is home ! :) Just a few things real quick:

Cindi - Girl we love you, you know that !!!! I however do the same thing that JIll does, if you post before I post again, than I will respond to you, however, this thread is so FREAKIN HUGE I can't get to every single person every time! I try though! haha! So I am sorry if I don;t get to you as often as I should ! :>: I would love to do a water challenge with you! PM me !!!!!!!!!! I need to try and limit myself to one diet dr. pepper a day...doing badly this week though, since I had so much going on. BTW - post more often to us too please, we like hearing what is going on in your little "7th heaven" :) :) :)

Leigh - glad you are back up to speed around here,we missed you !! I am scared about this storm, I will say a little prayer that dh is staying safe !! I know how you must miss him! How is Liams room coming along??????? I want to see it so bad !!!

Jill - I saw that too, the new person on the moms losing weight thing. Wonder who it is? mystery woman! haha!

Crystal - hope you can get that walk in today, it would be a refreshing thing to do !:)

okay - I said I wasn't going ot get personal and look what I do :lol: well now the green beans are boiling (I hate soggy veggies) so gotta go ! !!!!!!

TTYL !! :)

Loveliam
09-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Liam is taking one of those strange, super-long naps. But if he's not awake by 8, I'm waking him so I can change his diaper, get him in a onesie for bed, and take Duncan out. I think it's because he had some Tylenol. He has another tooth coming in(his 7th!).

Crystal- sometimes I take a walk - even if I bring Liam along, the movement helps me think things through. Other times, I take a bath, or try and focus on the things I'm grateful for. Sometimes I have a little emotinal meltdown and then feel better (usually that's only with PMS).

Cindi- well, I've been on Nuvaring for maybe 4 or 5 months . . . I'm a bit of a freak and am super sensitive to birth control pills and the like :(

Kristin- enjoy your time with DH! Liam's room is NOT coming along because I need DH's help. I keep hoping I can do something with it, but so far no luck. I love the furniture, though . . .

Well, as it turns out, Polar Fleece is very warm. I asked a Canadian who knew the answer LOL. It's lightweight feeling, but insulates very well . . .

melmcc99
09-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Crystal, I am so oooo sorry you are having a tough day. I think last night's todo with dh and then not getting any sleep is what's really going on. I'm sure that IF you get better sleep you will feel better. I know dh is tough and not feeling well, but can he get up with Andrew for a little while? IF not and you're desperate, sleep on the floor next to him so that he isn't up all night. YOu need it. I feel like that when I don't get sleep, it's like you become in a trance or something. Don't worry, Even if you were looking for sympathy, that's ok, we all need someone to sympathize with us once in a while. It only means that we feel for you and we are your friends,....lots of us, so it's ok to look for someone to lean on when you really need it.

watkinsguru
09-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Mel, thank you so much for your kind words. I don't have hardly any friends so it's nice to chit chat with other girls like me sometimes.
I didn't let Andrew get an afternoon nap in and I'm paying for it now, but I'm hoping it will help him tonight sleep a little bit more. His wheezing has lightened alittle and I'll give him another treatment before bedtime.
Gotta go bathe this kids.
TTYL

Loveliam
09-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Crystal- I hope Andrew does sleep better tonight. I think Melissa's right and you probably just need many hours of sleep.
Hi, Melissa :)

Oh, I wanted to tell ya'll about my new plan LOL. I was thinking about what Penny's Doctor said about making small changes. So, I've decided to begin with exercise. Now, I know that sounds crazy since I HATE working out, but I figure going for a walk in the park with Liam several days a week is good for us both. So, I'll do the exercise thing for a week and then add in another change . . .

watkinsguru
09-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Okay girls, I wanted to check in before I head to bed. I didn't get that walk in. Dh didn't get home until after 7, I was giving the kids a bath and then dh and I still had to eat dinner. BUT, I played outside with the kids for a while and then when dh got home he was in a much lighter mood. We all sat around the tv watching a movie. So everything is still up in the air, but the mood has been much lighter and that's made things all better.
Leigh, I think it's a good idea to take those small changes. Otherwise, you become overwhelmed and tend to fall off the wagon sooner and easier.
The kids are in bed and I'm gonna relax in the recliner for a bit before heading off to bed. Sure hope everyone has a great night. TTYL

watkinsguru
09-11-2004, 07:52 AM
A new thread has been started