100 lb. Club - Working out and feeling GREAT!

View Full Version : Working out and feeling GREAT!

LakeGirl
09-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Okay, granted it has only been two weeks, but I felt wonderful today at the YMCA! I had added weight training to my walking as of this week and today when I was doing the machines I could feel the stretch from the previous two days workouts. Ya know, that slight discomfort in your muscles that feels more great than painful? It was awesome and I just wanted to share!

redswirls
09-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Way to go Lakegirl! Exercise can be so empowering!

Make sure to do an active cool down (5/10 min light bike/walking) after weights to reduce the lactic acid build up.

lessofsarahtolove
09-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Yay, Lakegirl! I've been hitting it hard the last few weeks also, so I know exactly what you're talking about! Great job and enjoy!

barbygirl43
09-09-2004, 12:55 PM
that is great. Keep up the good work.

nelie
09-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Good job! It can definitely be habit forming, keep it up! I get anxious now days if I can't get some exercise in every day.

heather_dw
09-09-2004, 02:43 PM
I agree,.. I felt so guilty yesterday when i couldnt get any of the Leslie dvd in because of my knee,.. but I think I am going to try again today. If my knee startsd hurting too much, I will stop.

Lakegirl,.. congrats!!!! won't it feel great when we are all skinny minnies?..LOL Keep it up, don't overdo it though :-)

Br00klyn
09-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Way to Go! And I totally agree with you, it doesn't take long at all to feel the positive effects from working out! :D

Great Job! You're doing great and it'll just keep getting easier to stick with it as it becomes a great part of your life/routine. ;)

LakeGirl
09-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Thank you everyone for your support! I love this place :) :dizzy:

missaprylj
09-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Me too! Congratulations on your achievements so far, yay! I'm on the excercise wagon too, I've done 3 days in a row! :D:D Let's keep each other motivated. :) Good luck, LakeGirl!