South Beach Diet - Hump Day Chat - September 8

View Full Version : Hump Day Chat - September 8

Ruthxxx
09-08-2004, 05:21 AM
Hey Hump Day seems really early this week! :lol:

Just starting us up as the Girls are hollering for potty and breakfast. I may take a pillow downstairs, feed them and nap on the couch until the sun comes up.

Back in a bit.

Heidi
09-08-2004, 05:42 AM
Hi Ruth, 'morning everyone to come,

The week does seem to be flying past. Love a short week.

I'm awake early with allergies. Slept with the windows open and must be allergic to something out there. Waiting for the tablet to kick in - sniff! -

I had trouble keeping my plan focus yesterday :dizzy: with the kids back in school. I have lots to do, but just didn't feel like doing any of it yesterday. Hopefully today will be more productive and with fewer temptations to go off plan.

DD managed her first day of high school and loves it. DS had some positive things to say, although actually liking school would be considered uncool lol!

Ruth, how much longer until your puppies arrive? Somebody in our neighbourhood has 2 Portuguese Water Dogs. They're beautiful and full of personality. We have a collie who also has charm - when she is happy it's as if every piece of fur on her body stands perky and happy, but when she is sad (yesterday with kids away) her whole demeanour changes, even her fur droops.

Well, I'm going to put the coffee on and wake DH up. :coffee: Be back later.

Ruthxxx
09-08-2004, 07:01 AM
So much for a nap on the couch. Unfortunately it was a poop and barf cleanup morning. I guess I should have gone down sooner. No problem though as I am quite expert at cleanup.

Heidi, your collie sounds like a charmer. My girls are due Sept 24 for Lucy and Thanksgiving weekend for Hershey. It's going to be an exciting Fall! They will be at the kennel to deliver and stay there until the pups are weaned (about 5 weeks). I will be there every day (and some nights!) to work on weighing and socializing the little darlings. We like them to be calm and happy and friendly when they meet their new owners. Morna and I interview and screen prospective owners so I'm going to be busy.

Well, I did a village walking tour for my visitor, William, and his friends yesterday and am paying for it today. This damned knee just won't quit although I did wear the knee support. It was worse yesterday because there was going to be rain. I should have twigged when the broken bone in my hand started aching too! Stock Market Tip - buy Advil futures!

Sarah starts her new job this morning. I am glad for her but now have to be realistic about the fall garden cleanup. She says she will work for me on weekends but I can't imagine her wanting to take the time away from her darling Trisha. Right now I am loaded with tomatoes. The beans are finally done and can be pulled out but I need to get cracking on herb jellies. September is list time!

I am going to haul the dump stuff out to the road and walk down for the paper with Lucy. Hersh and I go to her nursing home job at 10 and that should be enough walking for today.

Have a Happy Hump Day, Chickies.

Mamacita
09-08-2004, 07:03 AM
Good morning, Chickies~~:coffee:

Well, yesterday was not what it should have been. Arrived at the lab only to find the power was out. Ended up going home and waiting for the phone to ring. It did...at 5:30 just when we were sitting down to dinner! :mad: Since DH doesn't like me driving down to this particular area alone, "we" drove down to a nursing home where I supposedly had 5 draws. Talk about confusion. Apparently the regular phlebo had come early in the morning, but the samples were lost or something b/c there was no record of the lab receiving them. The doctor at the home told me to only draw one patient who needed a critical test run. We'll find out what went wrong later today. I'm really curious about this.

We're still wet and warm. Like living inside a shower dripping warm water. Ugh! The remnants of Frances have moved northward but we're still on for rain most of today. :rain:

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

little chick
09-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Morning chicks Happy Hump Day, my day started out with over sleeping.grrrr. DH was up at 6 but went to have coffee with the "boys" ( being the other school bus drivers) and neglected to wake me up. The girls had 25 minutes to get up and get out the door to catch the bus. Thank goodness they did it without being nasty. I did have to hem dd pants while she was getting ready as I had forgot to do them last night. :?: It is not a nice looking day here we are susposed to get lots of rain. I guess we will be having an indoor day. I took some pictures of my bedroom this morning I will post them when I get them downloaded. Well I must go get a cup of tea and wait for my wee ones to get here. I only have 1 right now and it is so nice and peaceful well that won't last :lol: Be back soon.

justjodi
09-08-2004, 08:44 AM
good morning everyone!!
i am sorry i haven't been around much lately but i just haven't been able to find the time. we had a really nice long weekend not really OP though. yesterday was back to busy work then ds's first football game (they won 28-7) and then open house at ds's school. by the time i made it home last night 9:30pm i was too pooped to type!! the scale is creeping up again on me and so i have to get my self together and plan. this seems to be my biggest problem just taking the few minutes for myself and planning out my meals. that is my goal for today!!

little chick- sorry to hear you didn't get the job. when the right one comes along you'll be ready. your scenario at home sounds much like mine hemming pants, covering books and ironing shirts while the kiddos are waiting in the morning. not enough hours in the day!!! i'm sure we will get back into the swing real soon !!! did you see the race this weekend? our boy has had nothing but problems i hope he can pull it together for the final 10.

mama hope the power is back on at work today, frances is on the way up sposed to rain the next 2 days here ugggggg.

ruth & heidi good morning.
to all the rest of you beach beauties have a great day!!!

cac
09-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Good morning all,

Everyone with kids going to school I hope you enjoy a cup of coffee to celebrate!

It is raining here and the roads are flooded and it look like more rain for the next couple of days.

The scal e has not moved in a while. I am eating OP and exersizing both running and weight lifting. I am loosing inches so I figure it is just time before the scale moves.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

cac

Barb0522
09-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Morning, gals! This morning went pretty smooth for me. Brian woke up before his alarm and got ready for school without any problems. We have nothing extra planned tonight so I WILL get in some exercise. Last night we were pushing just to get homework done and get to cub scouts on time but we made it. Broccoli cheese soup for dinner tonight! Yum!!

GoldieFun
09-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Morning everyone! We have some early risers here! :) I was up late today, but still made time to fix the day two eggs this morning (a huge feat for me!) and now I'm at the office. Busy day ahead. Luckily, I am sending DH to the store this morning for reinforcements. We didn't really like the ricotta dessert last night, need to try for plan B. Went to yoga last night and got super sick and nauseous in the middle. :( Don't know if it was this new eating plan, the fact it's my time of the month, my new prenata vitamins, or a mix of everything. :( Will try again next week.

Hopefully DH and I will get to walk tonight -- it's GORGEOUS! A chill was in the air this morning.

:) Lauren

weezle
09-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Gotta love those "poop and barf" mornings, eh Ruth?

I'm awfully groggy, but for some reason I seem to be that way daily. I think I'll get over it.

Can't believe it's Wednesday already. I just have to work today and tomorrow! If I can get through those days, I will make it!

Volleyball tonight! Wahoo! I have been HORRIBLE about exercising. I did fine for uh, 2 days straight, and then had my dizzy spells and have forgotten about it since. Back on track starting tonight! We're gonna win!!!!! 6-0 right now, so I'm hoping we do well.

Well anyway, gotta shower. Time to start the day! Everyone have a good Wednesday!

GoldieFun
09-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Barb -- Is brocolli cheese soup on phase one? What's the recipe? It DOES sound YUMMY!

jenne1017
09-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Morning gals.

Things are going swimmingly this morning -- forgot my umbrella and it's raining!!! Plus work wants to send me away for 4 weeks on a campaign and I am worried about staying OP for an entire month. Not to mention what to do with my cat!!!

So stressing to say the least.

Stayed OP yesterday and plan to today!

kvixen
09-08-2004, 09:58 AM
It is ugly and rainy here in Boston, and I can't believe that the rest of you beach chickies have been up and getting kids ready for school and everything.

I am a total zombie, so not happy to be awake! I was very OP yesterday. Hopefully that will stick for the rest of the week. Though I am much in need of comfort food. I am gonna have some SBD hot chocolate. Maybe that will make me feel better.

Anyway, sorry to be such a downer! Hope you all have a gret day at the beach!

Barb0522
09-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Barb -- Is brocolli cheese soup on phase one? What's the recipe? It DOES sound YUMMY!

Here is the link from the Phase 2 soups. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42365
Can one of you experts tell me if she could use it for Phase 1 just by leaving out the whole wheat flour? You could use some arrowroot to thicken it or just have it be soupier. Sorry, I didn't find it until I was on phase 2 so I don't know if it can be converted.

Heidi
09-08-2004, 10:47 AM
I think chick peas are on Ph1, so you could put in half a can, pureed either with the soup or before adding. That's a good thickener for soup.

Think I'll make the same thing for dinner. Barb, thanks for solving that issue for me!

Have great days everyone :D .

LaurieX
09-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Ah, it feels so nice to be back on the Beach after being sucked out to sea for a few days. I forgot how much better I feel when I'm eating right and exercising. Many thanks to those with motivational recommendations!

I've had a poop and barf morning as well. My poor kitty is sick and I have no idea what's wrong with her. Last night she was behaving strangely (normally, she is a very prim and proper kitty but she was very lathargic and unresponsive) and today her digestive system seems to be in chaos. She's not eating or drinking and I'm waiting for the vet to call me back. Poor baby crawled over to snuggle with me this morning and her breath nearly knocked me out. Hope the vet calls soon.

Otherwise, the day has been uneventful. I have just this minute decided that I hate my job and I don't want to work here any more. I wonder what I would need to do to teach high school science and/or math. DH wants me to teach college, but I don't think that's for me. I can't stand Big Pharma (or Pharma in general) anymore, but what's a chemist to do??? SIGH

Back to the grind! Hope y'all have a wonderful, OP day!

HistoryChick
09-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Good morning girls,

Guess what? It's raining......again......I'm really tired of rain....we don't need it here....at least not for a while....the ground reeeeeally needs to dry up some....interview went ok yesterday...so I"m now waiting for a phone call....i'm still applying to places in fact I'm going to write a cover letter right after this...I feel yucky...this cold is not fun...so it's nyquil and dayquil for me...my little brother started middle school yesterday and all he said was that it was boring! Well Ladies I hope the sun is shining where ya'll are and that ya'll have a WONDERFUL day!

RNMOM
09-08-2004, 12:11 PM
How do you keep up with yourselves? I know I sure don't.

Got family off to work and school and then headed out the door to do my typical two mile run, decided to amp it up by doing the stadium stairs...twice. The last set down, I wasn't sure my legs would work. They felt like two boards. The whole time doing the stairs I'm thinking "is cheating worth it?" Hopefully I'll stay motivated!

Sounds like you are all busy.

Ruth, sorry about the lovely surprises for you. Bad thing to face first thing in the AM

Jenne, yes you can stay OP while you are out of town! The rule is: if it tastes good spit it out :lol: Just kidding.

LaurieX, gotta agree with you. Being OP does feel better. I sleep better and everything.

justjodi, hang on, don't let the scales win!

Everyone else, have a great day. You are all the best!

GoldieFun
09-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the recipe, Barb and the OK Heidi!

Jenne -- What do you do? Going away on a campaign sounds very exciting -- whatever it is!

So, I am going to a new harstylist today -- I hope she does a good job. My old hairstylist did not SHOW to my wedding! DID NOT SHOW! I am not kidding. After months with him, hair trials, make up trials, etc. he just didn't show. My Maid of Honor was luckily able to do my hair and put in my tiara and veil! And my hairstylist before that ended up in JAIL! She got one too many DUIs!!!! So, needless to say I haven't had much luck lately. I just hope I can get a decent haircut today! :)

I have been married a month TODAY! :) It's so unreal -- I still can't believe I have a hubby! And such a CUTE one too! I can't wait until we get all skinny (of course he only needs to lose 25-30) and can have kids and be a fit and healthy family. That's what I hope will keep me going.

sweet tooth
09-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Good morning everyone. I finally made it in during the morning hours today.

We have a rather dull day here today...the forecast is for 8C and snow. :yikes: We still need to do some clean up in the yard, but it looks like it will be done in the snow this year. That's just our luck, though.

Ruth - Sorry to hear about the poop/barf night. I hate those times, but, you are right...one does get very good at the clean-up part. Sorry to hear about the knee and arm. Hope that they are not so painful soon.

Heidi - You are getting right back into the swing of things this fall. Once you are back OP, things will be normal. You can do it...

Mama - Hope the power is on this morning at work. I had the same thing happen on Friday, except that I was the culprit and caused the problem. My office has been about 55F all summer and I just freeze. The air conditioning is on and can't be regulated by the thermostat in my office, so I have just been suffering. However, on Friday I noticed a small space heater that wasn't being used in another office...yes, I borrowed it. I was just getting toastie warm when, poof, no power. :o Then I heard a bunch of running around downstairs...yep knocked out all the security alarm systems, fire alarm systems (the outside monitoring company called, the fire department called). I called the electrician and asked him to put the breaker on again. THEN, there was a knock on my door. Security thinks they have a major problem, so I ended up having to fess up. By the end of the day, I think everyone in the entire building knew that I had blown the circuit and caused havoc everywhere.

LC - There is nothing worse than waking up with a start and finding out that you are late. But, good that you were able to get the kids out the door on time...you must be super organized to be able to do that in the time you had, and then add the hemming on to the work as well. Those are the times when my kids would let me know that I was expected to send the snack for the day, or I was expected to volunteer for a field trip...

Jodi - Glad you are back. Don't worry about the small weight gain...just a detour on the journey. You can get right back OP today and it will soon come off. Remember that today is a new day and there are no regrets for yesterdays.

cac - Don't worry about the scale not moving...it will and then it will be leaps and bounds. I kicked up my exercising, thinking that it would enhance the weight loss. Well, I stayed the same for about 3 - 4 weeks. I was very frustrating, but I persevered. Finally, this week, I am losing again. Just keep with the program - the exercise is contributing to good health along with the WOE.

Barb - Isn't it nice to have a child that enjoys school so much that they are never a problem getting ready in the mornings? Hope he keeps that up. Som much easier than fighting with kids to get them to school in the first place, then fighting with doing homework, then fighting with teachers because they don't do well, and the list goes on... ;)

Lauren - Sounds like you are doing well on the program, but the nausea is a concern. Hope everything works out well and that it doesn't become a bigger problem. BTW, the WW flour in the soup would probably act as a thickening agent to make it more like a cream soup. If you left it out, you would probably just have a runnier soup.

Jenn - WTG, girl. You can stay OP, I knew you could do it. Hope everything works out with your trip away. You can plan to stay OP even if you are eating out, just make sure you know what kinds of places are near and organize your eating before you leave. Will take a bit of work, but you will feel better if you can manage that. Take care.

Weezle - I find the exercise very hard to get in, too. However, I do admire you for joining into team sports...I'm afraid that my motivation for that is faily low, as well. WTG, keep it up.

kvixen - You are allowed to be down...it happens to everyone. Please give yourself a pat on the back for me, though. Staying OP when you are down, is even harder than when you have high motivation to stick with it. WTG. You CAN do this.

Laurie - Good for you...you can get back on track and keep on going. Hope kitty is feeling better. I am trying to avoid the poop thing with the puppy. She is showing signs of anal gland trouble again, so I have her booked to the vet tonight to get that cleared up. Hopefully it won't abscess in the meantime.

HistoryChick - Sorry to hear about the continuing rain, but I will gladly trade you - you take our snow and we have your rain. :lol: Keeping my fingers crossed on the job...what kind of job did you apply for?

Me - I jumped on the scale this morning and finally, finally, finally, the scale is moving in the downward direction. I have a dr. appointment in 2 weeks, so I am hoping to be down the 30 pounds that he was hassling me about at the last appointment. I have another 5 to reach that goal...so it is OP and exercise for the next 2 weeks. I know that I can be just about there, and that will be close enough. I am also hoping that my cholesteral tests and stuff are better this time..they were a bit on the high side last time (which was just before I started SBD), so I am hoping they will be substantially better this time.

Hope everyone has a great day on the beach. Take care.

jenne1017
09-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Lauren-

I work for a GLBT political advocacy organization in their political shop. I'd be away from home for an entire month, ugh! Our Organization endorses candidates who are good on our issues and we go out the last few weeks and lend a hand.

Who knows where I will stay, let alone if I will have a fridge and kitchen. Lots of fast food on the campaign trail. Last Presidential election, I was a HUGE smoker. I quit the smokes 2+ years ago but who knows if I can quit the food too!!

:lol:

HistoryChick
09-08-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey Girls!

Peggy- Well I got the part-time at Talbots...Even the back of the store looked nice...I start there on the 18th! Then I applied to two secretary type positions with the publich schools here. So I'm hoping one will work out...we shall see! Congrats on the loss!!

Laurie aka Beachgal - I see those numbers moving down!!! Congrats! You're doing so well!!

Jenne- That sounds really interesting! I bet you get to meet all kinds of interesting people!! I'm sure you'll do just fine on the campaign

GoldieFun
09-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Jenne -- Sooooo, which candidate are you endorsing? Hee, hee, just curious. I have a friend who is a lobbyist for the American Cancer Society and her husband is working on the Kerry campaign. They live in DC (duh!) Anyway, good luck with that and hope you are able to manage the program if you do have to go. I have a biz trip (just two nights) in two weeks and I am glad I will be done (I guess) with Phase 1 by then. In Nov. I go out of town on biz for a week -- Vegas.

History -- Congrats on the Talbot's job -- I LOVE that store! Half of my clothes are from there!!

Heidi
09-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Hi Jenne,

Could you substitute a celery stick hanging from your mouth instead of a cigarette?! :smoking:

Even if you don't have a good place to stay, find a grocery store and grab a pack of precut veggies, cans of V8, bottled water etc. Also, some of the fast food places can be not TOOOO off plan, such as Wendy's for chili and salads if they aren't full of junk.

Good luck! Democracy needs dynamic people like you. :yes:

jenne1017
09-08-2004, 07:34 PM
LOL @ you all! Is this the Jenn's Job thread?

I work in DC too -- and since it's a GLBT group, yes, we endorse Kerry. I'd be working on his campaign, 2 House of Reps campaigns, and the state ballot initiative (to ban gay marriage). It would be a chance of a lifetime, I know. Plus, I'd get to meet someone from my diary community who lives there. Plus, I've never been to Oregon!

I think I am going to go and see about the cons of the thing...

And yes Hedi -- celery will have to do. No more smoking for me. Not even if the campaigns I work on lose (*GULP*). I will probably stay with a person at their flat (ok, reading too much Jane Green) and have a kitchen. I am just worrying beforehand, as I tend to do.

Thanks for the encouragement all!

ellis
09-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Well, there's no way Jenn would be voting for BUSH! :lol3: not to get political or anything, but neither would I

Sorry... I only had time to read the last post... very busy at the hospital these days (Dad slipped into permanent "sleep mode" three days ago. He's not on life support... only pain meds... so probably won't last too much longer.)... but wanted to send everyone hugs and tell ya'll that I love you. :grouphug:

jennierose
09-08-2004, 09:53 PM
WOW! The things a girl misses by being gone for a day or two.

Jenn, maybe it's because your job is so much more interesting than mine. I'm hooked! Hopefully you'll be able to update us from the road.

I had a poop and barf morning too. My husband fed one of the dogs water chestnuts out of his Chinese take out (I had oatmeal, thankyouverymuch) and good old Sparty barfed 'em up whole this morning. Will wonders never cease?

Hi to all!
:-)

1busymomma
09-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Oh Ellis! I am so sorry to hear about your dad. :grouphug: You are continuing to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenne- You job sounds very interesting but definitly very stressful. This will all work out. At least it's easy to plan weather wise for your clothes here in Oregon. Think RAIN! :rain:

It seems like everyone has had to deal with some kind of poop or barf today. Maybe not in the true physical form, but still. I to have had one of those days.

Back to school has been crazy. I am really exhausted, and my butt hurts. It aches so bad from sitting I feel sorry for it. :lol: I love my new route though and working with special needs children. It's refreshing to see the world through their eyes.

More ex problems, but nothing that can't be fixed by several emergency custody hearings in court. I have on filed and as of today so does my dbf. His ex pulled some stuff this week that would make your hair curl.

I have been more concious of what I put in my mouth lately and the last two days have been OP for me. Also with being back to work = stress and the fact that I just don't plain wanna eat! So staying on track has been easy.

I did goober up a little today because it is DD's birthday. Her party is Saturday but we had a small todo today for her. I can't believe my baby is 5!

Well gonna run, will check in with everyone tommorow. I'm tired! :yawn:

Goodnight all!

jenne1017
09-08-2004, 10:30 PM
LOL Emily -- that's all I've heard about OR!

I guess I do have an exciting job... I stumbled upon politics in college (a class in my 2nd major coincided with Political Science and there I had my third major!) and decided it's where I wanted to be. Plus, working for an organization that you believe in makes it easy to get up for work in the morning. When I came to DC for the first time my junior year, I said that this is where I would work and that was almost 6 years ago!

*quietly shakes Ellis' hand in agreement on Bush*

fuzzy324
09-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Not to be political either, but uh...well, this makes three of us for Kerry. Hey, Ellis, wanna be an honorary USA citizen just for November 2nd this year? We could use your vote in say...Florida? :lol:

Funny note. On the drive out to Pennsylvania for the wedding, DH, our buddy Dave, and I were stalled for about 40 minutes on I-70 between Dayton and Springfield, Ohio as Kerry's "entourage" held up traffic at about 1:00 in the morning. This of course wasn't until after I told our conservative friend Dave that I thought I could "make it to the next rest stop." Oy. We heard for the rest of the trip about how Kerry was apparently anti-bathroom stop...

I have never seen that many cop cars in one place in my life, though. Can't imagine what the president's motorcade looks like...

1busymomma
09-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Hey Jenne-

Now if you really want to blend in and not have the tourist look, leave the umbrella at home. A true Oregonian is soaked to the bone with that windblown look for a hair-do 9 months out of the year. :lol:

Now I am really off to bed, I promise!