Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-07-2004, 09:08 PM   #1  

Smile New and need SUPPORT!

Hi my name is Kathy. I am 23 and married with 3 children ages 6, 2 and 1. I really want to lose weight and gain more confidence in myself. I am not huge or anything...(I am 5'3 and about 170 lbs ) I want to be about 130 lbs again. I don't really have much support from my husband..his response to ANYTHING I ask him is "Whatever you think/want" or "I don't care" I wish he did care tho! My goal is to get down to 130 by christmas if not sooner. Can't wait to start talking to you all!
Cute_Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:07 PM   #2  
it's always something

Welcome to 3FC Getting support from home can be difficult at times. My personal advice (and keep in mind that I've vowed to be single forever, lol) is that you should consider this a personal project and not worry if he doesn't seem supportive right now. Plan your meals and exercise anyway, and if he does disagree for any reason, just gently remind him that he said anything was fine Otherwise, don't seek his opinion, just do what you think is best for your health, and only consult him if it's something that directly involves him (such as when you need his help carrying in a new treadmill, lol). When you start to lose the weight, he'll sit up and notice, and I think he'll become more supportive then.

I'm very successful at staying happily single But we do have a lot of women here that have significant others, and I'm sure you'll get more, and perhaps better advice.

Whatever you do, don't give up. Don't put your wishes to be healthier and more confident aside. Love yourself first
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:38 PM   #3  

Thumbs up Do it for yourself

Hi Kathy, you have came to the right place for support. I have three kids, ages 8, 20 months, and 9 months. I am 5'1. I started my diet on 7-11-04 weighing 187. I now weigh 173. It wasn't easy. I tried all kinds of weight loss pills, even went to the Dr to get prescription pills. Nothing works but exercise and portion control. Hang in there. I too want to weigh 130. So we have something in common. It has not been an easy road, but I feel a lot better since I have lost some weight. Everyday is challenging. Especially when you got kids. I use to be a little debbie fanatic. Especially there chocolate snacks. Guess what, I have not had a little debbie snack since I started my diet. Do you know how hard that was? Very. I put a picture of myself on the fridge to motivate me. I look in the mirror everyday, and say to myself, you can do it. My clothes are fitting loser and I like that. Everybody is noticing my weight loss. I feel good. It won't be easy Kathy. Anything worth having is not easy. The weight won't disapper easily but it will happen as long as you continue. Also, start a diet that you can deal with for the rest of your life. Like I said, I have tried everything, but nothing works but portion control and diet as I stated above. Good luck to you. Let us know how you do with your weight loss. Today you decided to take your first step (be proud of yourself) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
renaanderick is offline   Reply With Quote