Chicks in Control - Weekly Check-In 9/7-9/12

View Full Version : Weekly Check-In 9/7-9/12

KatSLP
09-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Hi ladies,

I am back at work. My mom's visit went well but I am zonked! The 3 of us went to the Sierras for the weekend. It was wonderful being in nature but the hiking and driving wore me out. :)

I haven't had a chance to catch up with the posts but I'm back. :) See you tomorrow.

Jennelle
09-07-2004, 09:30 PM
Welcome back, Kat! :)

rochemist
09-08-2004, 07:02 AM
And I will write a long chatty thread and catch up with everybody. Got busy at work last night and just busy. So far so abstinent. ODAT! My gratitude list:

1. People who love me
2. A loving God to turn to in my sorrow and joy
3. A beautiful family
4. Celebrating the 5 year anniversary of my job
5. October where I finally get some time off :p

:grouphug:
Chris

rochemist
09-08-2004, 08:36 PM
So where is everybody? No experience, strength, or hope this week? The adjustment back to nights is always a hard one and apparently I get to spend an extra couple weeks this time :rolleyes: So I haven't even checked to look at the last thread to check in with everyone. My step work is due today and I am stumped. I was hoping coming here would help me work it out.

Reflect on the words “Came to believe” as a process that will take place. Are you open for that process to occur in your life?

I don't know if I have ever come to believe anything? I always feel like I know it or I don't. :p I guess I have some more reading to do.

I am abstinent for today. Still treating myself lovingly at the gym, but I am really having to check myself every day that I go. I can feel the endorphin highs, I can feel wanting to do more, and I also hear the disease voice that says I can eat more than my portion because "I deserve it for working so hard" I hate this sometimes.

So where is everyone else at in their life today?
Chris

KatSLP
09-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Hi Chris, I'm here.

Just getting back into the swing of things. I'm so not used to waking up early anymore. ;)

Work is going fine. Abstinent, ODAT.

skippy257
09-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Really sorry:(, I have to make this quick again. I will catch up as soon as I can though! School started yesterday here and it's just been busy getting the kids off to school and back home, filling out all the papers and do all the other motherly stuff I need to do to make everything keep going. I'll check back in soon though, until then, love you guys and hope you all are doing well! Be free! :angel:

Much Love,
skippy oxo

Jennelle
09-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Here I am! :)

Abstinent for today. :)

I am finally beginning to believe that I am a fabulous teacher. :)

treasaigh
09-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Hi Ladies. DH has been a computer hog for the past few days. I'm only on now because I insisted he play with his son before he graduates. :p

I'm reading a book on the history of Christian theology, and it's making me think about all of the beliefs I thought were incompatible with this faith and altering my understanding of my HP. It's cool. My friend once told me that the ancients interpreted Scripture much more creatively than we do now. He wasn't kidding!

Got my hair cut today. That's always a treat. Of course, had to take both kids, which was nerve-wracking. Everywhere I go, people tell me, "Oh, they grow up so fast," and I usually answer, "Thank God!!"

Chris, if I were there, I'd offer to stroke your head. But now I think I have to go rub DH's feet. Take care, everyone. :grouphug:

mugirl2003
09-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Hey everyone! First day back work and surprisingly I didn't have a ton of paperwork. It's been raining non stop and we are in a state of emergency now...Darn Hurricane Frances! But I have to admit that it puts me to sleep fast at night.
Chris-I feel the same way, there is no in between for any perception in my life. It's black or white. I guess you could say that I need some type of evidence to believe something. Such as I believe I'll have this disease the rest of my life, unless someone can literally show me I'm not going to..
Tracy-Do you take prozac also.. or was it wellbutrin? I literally cracked up with your answer on your children growing up really fast! Sounds something I would say!!
Skippy-Hey there, I'm glad your posting even though your super busy!!!
Kat-Hey there... Where is the Sierras?
Michelle-Isn't it great when you realize deep down inside that your achieving something? I have that feeling also when I talk to some of my patients.
Hey to Jennelle, ceejay, Sandy, Linoleum...anyone else?? I hope i named everyone!
Much to love to all!
vanessa

KatSLP
09-09-2004, 12:51 AM
We were 3 1/2 hour northwest of LA. They are outside of Bakersfield. Very beautiful. Saw the largest living thing in the world (General Sherman tree). :)

rochemist
09-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Today I feel vulnerable, I have alot going on, my food plan includes two meals outside my house, I have two Dr.'s appointments, I am missing a friend. Part of me wants to just say "This is too muchs, I deserve to act out with food" I know this is bullshit, but its how I am wired. Part of me wishes that I wouldn't recognize the weak spots then I wouldn't be obsessing over the day before it even began. And thats exactly where I need to begin to surrender. So gently I will go in and do Yoga, meditate, and pray. Will it make a difference? I don't know, but it at least gets me in the mindset of "acting as if" the day will unfold gently as it should and I can be present without fighting it every step of the way.

Where's Christy, Sandi, Michelle, Linoleum???? :?:

Vanessa- Maybe we need to reevaluate our truths and consider that possibly those things will not be our truths tomorrow. What does he say in the Matrix? Its not the spoon that bends, its you that bends. :lol:

Jenelle-Things must be going okay? Your being quiet. And we all know your a faboo teacher!

Skippy- That change in the fall, are we really as hurried as we think we are? I wonder sometimes.

Tracy- I think its awesome how though the way people worship changes the fundemental need for a spiritual figurehead doesn't. A friend said to me one day, "God doesn't need a bunch of religious nuts, just spiritual fruit" Thats one thing I love about the Steps, the God of my understanding. AMEN!

Kat-WB! Abstinent ODAT!

Much love to all- :grouphug:
Chris

elizabecca
09-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Checking in at long last!

How am I? School? Great! My kids? Oldest -- cool! Youngest -- walking on thin ice right now! Food? Super. Husband? See comment about youngest DD. LOL

My happy news today is that I got a new purse. (Totally unrelated to any subject being discussed, but it made me smile! Gorgeous navy Vera Bradley tote. Gotta love 'em!)

Jennelle -- Glad you've been having lots o' good teacher days. They are, in my opinion, much more satisfying than good hair days!

Tracey -- What's the new 'do like? Short or long? I'm always jealous of people who are risk takers with their hair. I don't like to stray very far from what I know works for me in that department.

Chris -- Back to nights, huh? What's the countdown to all that glorious time off now? By the time that rolls around for you, I'll be ready for a couple of days myself. Proud of you for being good to Chris at the gym. She really deserves that, you know?

skippy -- Are you doing anything special for you now that school has taken back up? How about hobbies? With all of those young'uns, are you a scrapbooker? It's my passion!

Kat -- Your weekend sounds nice. Are you working with the same children this year or is there a lot of turnover at your site? I have FIVE children who receive speech/language services this year. I think that's a record for my classroom.

Vanessa -- We got quite a bit of rain from Frances here, too. Not nearly as much as was forecast, but still! I really hate the Ivan is barreling toward Florida now. Those people deserve a break from all of this!

ceejay -- Hope you're doing okay now!

Hello to Michelle and linoleum!!

I *need* to go and get some work done around the house, but I am soooo tired! Thursdays are my day to be *on* all day. Meaning no breaks except for the children's P.E. time. And today that was taken up making phone calls so my stack of papers to be graded is huge...again. On a bright note, that means these children are working very hard right now!

Things to be thankful for...
1. Cool, beautiful afternoons.
2. New purses. (I know...I know...)
3. No headache today!
4. DH brought me an ice cold Coca Cola.
5. Third graders.

Later ladies,
Christy

treasaigh
09-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Hi! Vanessa - yes, I'm on Prozac also. It's done wonders for my energy level, and for the most part, my mood. And I love that in generic form, it only costs me $5 a month!

Christy - I'm not too much of a risk taker either - I went back to my basic bob. I'd had longer hair with the razored ends, but I couldn't do a thing with it! This is so much easier. And Ooooh, I remember the days when DH used to buy me Coke. Sigh. I guess the honeymoon's over. :p

I am so wanting to go to the drug store and get something chocolate. I need to be slapped with a wet noodle. I think I'll pray and play with the children until the urge goes away.

mugirl2003
09-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Hey ladies! Just a quickie before I head to bed. Finally it has stopped raining but stormy skies are still above us. It's a little depressing but it makes me want to stay in bed all day! TGIF for all of us!! Even though I have to work saturday, I get off at 11am so I have the whole day.... to sleep. LOL
Chris-Can you believe that I've never seen the Matrix??? But I see where you are coming from though..Tommorow is a new day with different challenges.. a different forecast in other words. I just have trouble either accepting this way of life or trying to lead a new one...Bad habits are hard to change.
Tracy-How many milligrams are you on? I'm on 40mg right now and my psychiatrist is moving me up this month.. It's def. a change for my mood! But it made me sick for the first week. What is it called in the generic form?
christy-I'm glad to see your doing good! The rain has finally stopped here, but I'm sure we have more to come. This weather is so screwy, and hurricanes are not cool. I def. feel for the people down there, but I guess they are use to it?
Hey to Kat who saw the worlds biggest tree, totally cool! Linoleum, Sandy, Michelle, Jennelle, CeeJay, Skippy!!! I hope you guys are doing ok!
good night for now,
Peace
Vanessa

Jennelle
09-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Chris and everyone else - Just like Big Gay Al, "I'm super! Thanks for asking!" :lol: When I get less chatty, people tend to think there's something wrong. I'm fine food-wise, but these past few days I've just been running like the proverbial headless chicken. I have also been having issues with daughter, who has just been a downright pissy, *****y, self-centered, disrespectful, demanding brat lately. I got so mad at her on Monday that I nearly lost my mind. It's like she takes issue or has some smart-assed comment to every single thing I say. Truthfully, I've decided that for now, it's easier to just avoid her altogether, however horrible that might sound. Let Dad deal with her.

I have a boatload of work to do. I had to go to a national board study meeting today in Oxford, which is 1 1/4 hours from home. I didn't walk through my door until 8:00, I have a study guide to type for my sixth graders (they begged me for one today), and I totally forgot to turn in my lesson plans for next week this morning (thank goodness my principal is an understanding guy!). Ta Ta for now!

treasaigh
09-09-2004, 11:39 PM
Jennelle - things will get better with your daughter, but maybe not for 10 years or so. My mom and I had issues, but we began to really get each other late in my college career, and we've been close ever since. She tells her friends about it when they have problems with their teens, too. I'm not looking forward to that with Sarah. She's got plenty of attitude already.

Vanessa - I'm on 40 mgs right now, but we're weaning me back to 20. I went up after giving birth last summer, because I have issues with post-partum anxiety, but my midwife wants to bring it back down to where I was before. Truthfully, I didn't notice any difference when we went up, but who knows what the past year would've been like without it? The generic is called "fluoxetine".

Regarding hurricane Frances - I think we'll be damp until Spring. We got 4 or 5 inches of rain from her, and had some tornado warnings. This has been an especially harsh year. I hope Florida gets a break from Ivan.

Well, I worked out instead of making that trip to the drug store. Then my neighbor, who locked herself and her 2 children out of her house came over, so I was kept busy.

Chat with you all tomorrow!

rochemist
09-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Mostly I want my bed. I had my yearly today and I am cramping like nobody's business. I mean check the goods,but leave them where you found them. :p I would love to console myself with some ice cream, but instead I thought I would give you all the pleasure of hearing me ***** about something we all go through. I always feel so violated. Maybe if the doc took me out to dinner first? :lol: Whatever. I will go gently. I think enough estrogen was released I can lay in the bed and watch sappy movies and read poetry.

Tracy- I hope I haven't pissed you off. :sorry: Its awesome to turn over those urges and get something done. I am in a very unsurrendered spot today. I keep handing it over and wanting to take it back. Handing it over and letting God keep it is the path to peace. Doc changed my meds today to Cymbalta (duloxetine HCl :dunno: we will see) still 60 mg the same as the Prozac.

Jenelle- A whole boatload of work, man thats got to suck. Remember to make 2 lists, your To DO list and God's To Do List ;)

Vanessa- :yikes: YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN THE MATRIX?Philosophy meets sci-fi I guess its not for everybody. How about "Dead Like Me" I got to recommend it to eveyone on the board. Its just so well written. Satire meets philosophy. HMMM? Am I seeing a trend?

Christy- Well its almost Friday! So NOW you will have the whole weekend to grade ;) Whats DD doing? And how is DH reacting?

:wave: Hi EVERYONE!
Bless us everyone! And hopefully someday they will make diagnostic tools like on Star Trek and won't have to rip your guts out to give you a check-up.

Chris

treasaigh
09-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Hmmm, Chris?? Of course you didn't piss me off. You being you is always okay - besides, it's DH's job to piss me off. I'm not sure why you would even be concerned about that. :)

I used to feel violated at GYN exams (I think everyone with a history of sexual abuse feels that way - don't know why it isn't recognized), until I started going to women. Totally different experience for me now. I adore my midwife - she delivered both of my babies and continues to provide my care. She's the only doc I see on a regular basis. She does my bloodwork, meds, everything.

KatSLP
09-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Our home internet is off and on - has been all week. It's driving me bonkers. :dizzy:

I'm also sick. :( Feverish feeling without the fever. TGIF!

:grouphug: to all!

Jennelle
09-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Kat, you must have sent me your germs. I also am sick. It's odd - I feel really, really warm and sweaty, but the thermometer says I'm normal.

Tracy - Oh, yeah...I had a HORRIBLE time with my mother. Part of it was the whole asserting-your-independence thing. Most of it was because she was going through some of her own crap and could barely handle herself. :lol:

Everyone else - Hello! :)

rochemist
09-11-2004, 03:25 AM
Me three, totally nauseated, and sick feeling. I haven't moved from my office all night.

Chris

MichelleRae
09-11-2004, 04:28 AM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I'm alive lol. I am wicked busy with work again because they are restructuring the staff and we have one girl out sick with the flu so I'm covering a few hours for her in the morning. I'll try and get personal tomorrow when I get home from my morning shift and before I go in for my evening shift lol. I hope you are all well!! As for me I'm doing well, feeling good, and feeling blessed!

Love to you all!!
Michelle

treasaigh
09-11-2004, 05:18 AM
Whoa!! I'm so sorry everyone is sick!! I hope you all feel better soon, and if it's a bug, I hope it's the one I've already had.

Michelle - I'm glad you're doing well - I've thought about you!

Here's a gratitude list:

1. My parents - they are wonderfully supportive, always happy to give me a break.
2. My little boy who has the goofiest laugh you've ever heard. We chase him around the couch in the evenings, and it's a hoot.
3. My little girl, who is becoming smarter every day.
4. My DH, who is really sweet underneath it all.
5. My kitties
6. My HP - I sing your praises!!

mugirl2003
09-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Hey ladies!!! I'm sorry everyone is sick!!! i'm guessing it's the change of weather or something. I just got in from work this morning, pretty easy to say the least. No crisis or behavioral problems...but the weekend isn't over! It's a beautiful day out so I'm thinking I will go and look around at some stores and just the enjoy the day. I went and saw Resident Evil 2 last night and it pretty good. Milla Jovanich(spell?) kicks major butt.
Tracy-Hey there! I def. thank HP for prozac LOL. I can't imagine going up on the dose but that's what my psychiatrist wants to do. It's amazing how it can balance your world. I hate to admit this, but I've never been to a gyno! Crap, I need to b/c i've never had that done before!! Way too shy and scared!
Chris-Who wrote Dead Like Me? I'm interested in it to say the least! I love true crime novels, King novels, biographies, etc. I view the world as an open book, wanting to read everyline and understand it. LOL Boy, I don't think I've passed chapter 1 yet!
Jennelle, Kat, Chris-I'm sending some Tylenol and Rolaids your way! I hope you guys feel better, I'll spare my health to you guys to enjoy!
Michelle-I'm glad your alive! LOL Don't work too hard! I'll send some of my energy your way! :)
Hey to Skippy, CeeJay, Linoleum, Sandi....anyone else???? Have a great ladies,much love to all of you!
Vanessa

treasaigh
09-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Vanessa, get thee to a gyno so I won't have to go all maternal on your ***. :lol: Seriously, guys carry stuff without knowing it - I contracted a wart virus in college and had some pre-cancerous growth on my cervix that needed to be monitored. I was very fortunate that it healed on its own, but it could've easily gone the other way. It wasn't just about my fertility - it was about my life.

If you're nervous about it, really, check and see if you can find a practice that has a team of midwives in it - most insurance companies love them because they're cheaper, and they have more time to spend with their patients, and better bedside manners. PLEASE go. You need to make sure your ex didn't leave you with anything other than that dear john letter. :p

:soap:

Now, having said that - I admit I've never had a mammogram - but I'm breastfeeding and I have no desire to get my double d's abused by anyone other than my DS. ;)

Jennelle
09-11-2004, 01:48 PM
When I got a checkup last summer, my doctor was going to set me up for a mammo since I'm over 35. Unless I have a family history of breast cancer though, my insurance won't pay 'til I'm 40. I didn't really think about the fact that I don't KNOW half my family history (I've never met my bio dad) until about three weeks after my appointment!

KatSLP
09-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Just wanted to say hello. We are hanging out with friends today. But first I have to food shop and go to Target.

My affirmation today:

1. I will have positive self-thoughts today

Have a great weekend!

mugirl2003
09-11-2004, 03:53 PM
hey tracy!! I know I need to go!! LOL It's just one of those things that I've put off since I was 18. My primary doctor tried to do one but the pain was so bad, that she reccommended me to a woman gyno or midwife. I have no worries on catching anything from a guy or my ex.... I've never had sex before! LOL :) I don't believe in pre-marital sex, therefore I'm holding out until I'm married. Still though, I NEED to go just make sure everything is working, b/c I haven't a period in almost 2yrs(because of my eating disorder).. I'm going to ask my mother for the number to the woman gyno and get my tail moving! :) Thanks for advice and I'm glad everything turned ok for you!
Love
Vanessa

elizabecca
09-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Sending healing vibes to all you sickies! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Vanessa -- Yay for you on the no premarital sex thing! I didn't wait until I was married, but DH is the only person I've ever been with and I have no regrets about it whatsoever. My sisters think I'm some kind of super conservative freak, but I'm okay with that. (I also hope my daughters turn out to be the very same kind of freak! LOL) Now, I would never criticize someone who made a different choice than I did, but it was the right one for me and I'm glad I held out for "the one".

Off to cook up something tasty...hot dogs?

Christy

skippy257
09-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone, I miss checking in more than I have. I keep saying it I know, but I'll try to get in here soon and back to normal! Today was busy helping my Mom and visiting my Grandad, and now one of my kids' friends are over. The weekend will be over way too quickly and will be time for my kids to be back in school again for their second week of school. :faint: I miss them(!), but they are enjoying being back in school so far. :) My eating is terrible again. I'm such a yo-yo in my eating. I took a diet pill (the safe kind) today. I'm kind of disappointed I did that. :( Hope you guys are all having a good Saturday, and hope Jennelle, Chris and Kat are feeling better!!

Much Love,
skippy oxo

skippy257
09-11-2004, 07:16 PM
p.s. I too think that's great Vanessa!! I'm proud of you! I wish I had that testimony. I was a druggie which led to other things with it, that I am not proud of at all, but I do believe that the way I was in growing up made me who I am today. I thank God for deliverance and change! (now if I can just accept His freedom from living in bondage with food!) :faint: <----really love that smiley! (lol)

skippy oxo

skippy257
09-11-2004, 07:20 PM
one more p.s. Whenever I tell my testimony of how I used to be a druggie, I alway like to clarify that 1)I'm not now and 2) when I became a Mom I wasn't.....I always worry that someone might not know that and being the worrier that I am, I always think I need to include that. :faint:

skippy :)

rochemist
09-11-2004, 09:33 PM
About a 1/3 less nauseated today. Took my pills when I left work so I think I am sleeping through the full blast of the side effects till I can get past this. I just hope it doesn't take 3-4 weeks. :p

Well I have been a druggie and a slut. Call it my low self-esteem or my proclivity for addiction. And I have been both while I was married and had a child. No I wasn't always present, and I definitely would have made a few different decisions, but thats the thing, everbody's life is a journey and its all their own. What things would I change? Maybe the hurting other people part, other than that not much. I had to learn my way. I am one of those no matter how many times you tell them the stove is hot, I got to touch it anyway. A tactile learner :lol: Or in other words to get anything through my thick skull I gotto mess it up.

Skippy-Are you eating cause you miss your kids? And what is a safe diet pill?

Christy- You are freak. JK! :lol: I think thats awesome that DH was the only one. Hot dogs? I hope they are the identifiable parts :p

Vanessa- I think thats amazing. No one in my family has kept their virginity past 15. My mom said, "I just don't understand why you girls are so horny". Dead Like ME is TV series. I am not sure who writes it but the background is that its about working as a Grim Reaper. It has Jasmine Guy and the very sexy Mandy Pantikin. Glad you enjoyed Resident Evil 2. I will probably wait for video, cause it softens the gore part for me. I love horror I hate gore.

Kat- How did positive self thoughts go today?

Jenelle-Did the doc say why he was scheduling one before 40? Reminder ya'll Breast Cancer Awareness is coming up in October.

Tracy- I got those warts from my ex-husband Scott. Ugh! Gross. They said I might have outbreaks again, but I never have. Have you? (Good soapbox about what we all should have our yearly and don't forget to come and whine about it like me ;) )

On that note I have work to do. God Bless US! :love:
Chris

skippy257
09-11-2004, 11:11 PM
(((((Chris)))))))

I wasn't sure if I wanted to send my last "p.s" or not because I didn't want to offend anyone, but worry and fear talked my insecure self into sending it anyway... :?:

I lost my virginity at 15 also. I became a druggie at 15 also. I ended up doing hard drugs at 15. Started out smoking pot, ended up doing cocaine all the time, lsd, and ended up a green bean. (pcp) I was totally in the drug crowd, pretty much lived with them, and then God sent my husband to the drug house, he was on drugs too, but somehow, I immediately felt a connection to him (even though I hardly knew him). I got pregnant right away, and as soon as I found out, I stopped doing all the drugs and everything else too. We got married about 2 months later and have been married for 17 years. I am convinced that God sent us to each other. Our first child we feel like was our miracle to get out of that life we were in. My bridesmaid went to prison for a very long time (years) for having a crack house. She was a mother too, and lost her children. Several of my friends ended up in jail or prison. I look at that and I think, Thank-You God for setting me free of that. I love my kids so much(!), I am so glad that I was able to be set free of that life before I had them. However, in saying that, I want to make sure I say, I don't think I am any better than any of my friends I hung out with. They just weren't able to find the freedom when I did, but some found it later, and some never have. It's a very hard thing to let go of things that have such a hold on us. Where I used to be more judgemental of that, I no longer am, because I know that no one "wants" anything to have a hold like that over them, and many try, but they lose that battle. But I have faith and hope that one day we will all win our battles, through God's help and deliverance.

Someone told me that maybe I traded in my drug/alcohol addiction for food (sweets). Knowing that I wasn't going to do them anymore when I became a Mom (married), I traded them for sweets, which has led to addiction in "that" now. That makes sense to me actually. So why can't I find that same freedom? Maybe because I don't think it effects my family, although it does if I die from a heart attack from eating bad. :?:

Anyway, it's my hope and prayer that everyone, no matter what their addiction, finds freedom and deliverance from bondage in our lives.

Thank God for forgiveness, grace, mercy and His Love. :love:

Chris, maybe we met up somewhere before! You never know! ;)

I agree with you, maybe a few things I would change, but basically, I'd probably do things the same, because I learned the things I did through my experiences. I hope and pray I pass down positive things through those experiences to my kids, so that they will be filled with love, hope and peace for their own life. :)

Sorry to go on and on! :faint:

I drank a bunch of coffee and I can't be quiet when I drink a lot of coffee! :coffee:

Love,
skippy oxo

treasaigh
09-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Vanessa - good for you!! If I could undo my premarital activities, I think I would (well, mostly ;) ).

Skippy - hugs to you. Would you believe annoying neighbor brought me chocolates last night? I'm going to throw them away in a dramatic fashion right now.

elizabecca
09-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Good morning! It is a bee-utiful, cool morning here. I love it!

(((skippy and Chris))) -- You two have done an amazing job at turning your lives around! That takes more strength and determination than I think I possess. One of the reasons I never dabbled in drugs or sex (of the premarital kind!!) was that I feared I would become so caught up in it that I wouldn't be able to let it go. I've always known I have addictive tendencies, if that makes sense. But the only ones I've indulged are food (obviously) and retail therapy. It hurt my heart to hear you refer to yourselves as "druggie" or "slut" though. Those are such harsh, judgemental words! Then I thought that maybe you were just stating your facts. For example, I will refer to myself as "fat" not to down myself or anything, just because it is the word that describes the state of my body. Make sense? Anyway, I admire you two a lot! Big hugs coming your way this morning...

Gotta go get ready for church. BBL!

Love and hugs,
Christy

mugirl2003
09-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Hey girls! Such a beautiful morning! I really don't know what persuaded myself to remain a virgin, though I believe it was my faith in the HP. No one ever lectured me to be safe or remain abstinent, my friends were quite the opposite of me LOL My parents never talked to me about sex either. But my brothers are the same way too, so who knows. Maybe it was just growing up in solitude, big farm, small community, church, etc. Kudos to Chris and Skippy for their positive changes!! Being in the field that I work in, I know it's super hard to change your lifestyle and not wanting to go back. I pray that all my patients will see the light and freedom. I'm just super glad that you guys did! I'm proud of you guys, it's really inspirational.
Tracy-Chocolate?? I haven't had chocolate in ages. LOL What was your dramatic fashion like?? LOL
Chris-Does that show have Anthony Michael Hall in it?? What station is it on? I'm really interested in this! I'm glad your feeling better! Just remember I have a stockpile of rolaids and nyquil and I can send some your way! BTW, what is your fave horror film?
Skippy-How many cups did you have?? LOL I never tasted coffee before?! Weird? I'm like that when I drink alot of diet mt. dew.. Diet pills are not safe sweetheart! I have faith in you that are strong and can overcome this! Keep your head up sista!
Christy-Hey there! I think I have addictive tendencies also, maybe that's why I have OCD? Retail therapy?? LOL Mine is ebay therapy!!!! Glad your doing ok, my thoughts are with this morning!
Hey to Jennelle(please get your check up! :)) Kat, Linoleum, Sandi, CeeJay. The morning is here and I believe I will read the sunday paper. May the day be blessed ladies and we shall enjoy it to the fullest!
love
Vanessa

Jennelle
09-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Chris...I've never seen "Dead Like Me." Is it on HBO? I don't have HBO. And I thought I was the only one who thought Mandy Patinkin was sexy! I used to watch Chicago Hope just 'cause he was on it! :love: (And of course, my husband watched it to drool over his honey, Christine Lahti.)

KatSLP
09-12-2004, 12:44 PM
DH and I are going hiking today. Since nature is my church, I am really looking forward to it. I just hope it's not too hot.

I can't relate to waiting for marriage or the abuse of drugs - dabbled in both ;) but do not regret a thing. We all have different paths to take. I'm very happy with my path (minus the COE - but that's still a part of my path so I must accept it). I hope any of you who are upset by the choices you made learn to accept them and move on. Easier said than done, I know. :) :grouphug: Vanessa, I thinks it is great that you are waiting for marriage since that's what you want to do - good for you! :) The more we listen to ourselves and live the lives we were meant to live, the better off we'd (general we) all be. :)

Today's affirmation:

1. I will remain in touch with HP all day, keeping an open line of communication with her.

KatSLP
09-12-2004, 12:49 PM
DH didn't get a good night's sleep so we are bumping our hiking day to next weekend. Or maybe on Thursday since I have the day off.

We used to hike a few times a month but haven't done it regularly in a year or 2. We decided the other day to make it a part of our lives again.

KatSLP
09-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Hazelden Meditation Series

I am more than my weight.

Whether I am size extra small, small, medium, large, or extra large, my
poundage is only one aspect of the total me. We are each a child of
creation. Every one of us is special. We each have an important contribution
to make.

We have the opportunity to discover our potential, the totality of our
being, which transcends size and weight. We can accept ourselves just as we
are, at this moment, whether we are thin or fat or in the middle, because
the body we have right now is the one in which our complete self lives.

Nurturing that self is what we are doing when we follow the Twelve Steps
along with our food plan. We are unlocking our potential as complete human
beings, as we work in recovery to develop our spiritual, emotional, and
physical sides. A Higher Power directs the unfolding of our total
personality.

I can be assured of my individual worth and dignity, whatever I weigh today.

Jennelle
09-12-2004, 07:59 PM
"...the body we have right now is the one in which our complete self lives."

That's the part of the meditation that spoke to me the most, Kat. :)

KatSLP
09-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Just wanted to stop by again and say hello. :) DH and I did not hike but we did go for a walk in a nature reserve. It felt really good to be surrounded by trees and wildlife.

Jennelle, I love that line, too!

MichelleRae
09-12-2004, 08:52 PM
I feel horrible I can't possibly catch up. but our summer season is dying off and I'll be able to post more soon.

Skippy I just wanted to comment on your "druggie" clarification so to speak. I know exactly how you feel about that because I am the same way. I know how some people say once an addict always an addict but that is BS as you and I both know :) ((((((HUGS )))))) to you sweetie.

Chris I love that new avatar, it makes me want to do ballet ;) which would be extremely comical to watch, I promise that if I decide to try some ballet (inspired by your avatar) then I will tape it so you can all have a good laugh, even better perhaps I'll record myself singing opera which is pretty funny as well ;) ok I'm off track sorry girl lol, Chris how are you doing?

Vannessa way to go on the sex issue I think that is great!!

Jennelle and Christie how is school going?

Iknow I've missed someone and I"m so sorry. But hello to you as well! I have to get ready for work I'll TTYL!!!!
Love to all
Michelle