South Beach Diet - South Beach & Kraft

View Full Version : South Beach & Kraft

kissyjoy
09-07-2004, 06:44 PM
I got the magazine Kraft puts out called "Food and Family." In it, there is a small article that says this:

Kraft Foods has formed an alliance with Dr. Arthur Agatston, cardiologist and creator of the South Beach Diet, to promote Kraft products that align with the Diet's nutrition criteria. The Diet advocates eating a wide variety of foods with an emphasis on lean sources of protein, fiber, whole grains, fruit and vegetables, and decreasing saturated and trans fats. Look for specially marked Kraft products on the shelves starting this fall that make following the South Beach Diet simpler.

Hmmm.....would these count as Frankenfoods? :lol:

ellis
09-07-2004, 07:13 PM
They are in my opinion, Kissyjoy. Interesting how Kraft purports to advocate healthy eating when all the while their "food" is made by a big *** cigarette company.

GoldieFun
09-08-2004, 05:32 PM
What is Frankenfood? I keep seeing that term and I just have to ASK! :)

:) lauren

ellis
09-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Lauren, that's Ruth's favourite word. :lol: It's any food that's processed. Food that isn't "honest" and "real" and "basic". ;)

1busymomma
09-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Definitly FRANKENFOODS (eery music inserted here)

beachgal
09-09-2004, 09:50 AM
You never know...overlooking the cigarette thing (not that it deserves to be overlooked), they do have some dressings that I wouldn't call Frankenfood...one of the ones I have is just olive oil, spices, tomatoes, parmesan, and a preservative or two. Something like that.

You never know...I'm interested in seeing what they come up with! :D I would love to see more WW products in our grocery stores...like WW english muffins! :T

GoldieFun
09-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Aaaah....I see. So, what would be an example? Like Mac and cheese in a box?

I'm learning!!!

:) Lauren

LaurieX
09-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Hum...sounds like a sales gimick to me! :D

Barb0522
09-09-2004, 12:00 PM
They may just put a South Beach approved label on products they already sell such as their reduced fat cheeses. That is the main Kraft item that I buy although their dressings are good too.