100 lb. Club - Going thru a really rough time...

View Full Version : Going thru a really rough time...

Br00klyn
09-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Well I got a call yesterday from my Dad, that my grandmother has had a mild stroke and is in hospital. Since I've lived away from home, this is the first call like this I've had (in 5 years), and my grandmother raised me so I'm obviously really upset. Its really hard being across the country and not knowing what's going on and knowing for sure that she will be okay. :( Test results should come back today and my dad said he would call and let me know. This woman is like a mother to me, and I won't be able to handle anything happening to her...

Sorry for the vent, I had to get that out and let you know why I haven't been posting and why I may be scarce for a bit. I've been reading the posts but its hard to reply when this is all I can think about. Yesterday, when I found out.. I totally went off the deep end with my plan, really really bad food and no exercise but I will do my best to get right back on plan today. :D

Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers!

Sandi
09-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Celina -

:grouphug: I am so sorry to hear that your grandma is in the hospital. I will say a prayer that you get good news. I can't imagine how hard it must be since you are far away.

Love Ya!!!

jiffypop
09-07-2004, 02:47 PM
oh honey. i'm so sorry to read about this. many thoughts, prayers, warm hugs for you and your family.

and now, darlin. here it comes. going off plan will not help your grandmother. and overall, it won't help you with coping. <and believe me, i KNOW what i'm talking about here!!!!!>

soooool... deal with yourself kindly. and healthfully. sometimes being kind to ourselves means NOT having the caramel frappucino...

please keep us posted on your grandmother - and on YOU!!!!

glynne
09-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Thoughts and prayers for your grandma, you and your family.

SuchAPrettyFace
09-07-2004, 03:13 PM
I am sorry to hear that, you and your family are in my thoughts & prayers. *hugs*

Jen
09-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Best wishes and lots of positive thoughts coming your way!

lessofsarahtolove
09-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Aw, Celina, sweetie -- I am SO sorry to hear this news....my heart just goes out to you being far from her during this time. The woman who raised me was older as well, and I know from experience that it's really hard to deal with this so early in your adult life. Your grandmother, you, and your family will be in my prayers. Like, Jiff, I encourage you to stay on plan; you need to take care of yourself during this time. I know you can rise to this challenge -- I'm here for you, Celinagirl, so let me know if there's anything at all I can do to help. We're all here for you. :goodvibes

Ivanna B. Skinny
09-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Celina,
Im so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. You, your family and your grandmother will indeed be in our prayers. Amy

djs06
09-07-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm so sorry, honey....

Amanda Panda
09-07-2004, 06:28 PM
So sorry to hear about your grandmother Celina - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Love Amanda x

missaprylj
09-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Celina~

Believe me, I understand where you're coming from. When I was in 5th grade, my grandpa had a stroke. He has pretty much raised me up to that point. He was left immobile and speechless for 4 years, and my life changed drastically- and forever. I sincerely pray that things go better for you and your grandma. Please keep us updated, and don't forget to take care of yourself. I don't mean "4 point days" either. I mean sleep, take a bath, watch some T.V., do whatever you need to relax. You losing your mind won't help your grandma. *hugs*

Jennelle
09-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Ditto what Jiffy and Apryl said. :grouphug:

Sheila53
09-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Oh, Celina, I'm so sorry. How awful for you and your family. My thoughts are with you.

Goddess Jessica
09-08-2004, 12:26 AM
>>>hugs<<<<

Merrick
09-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Celina, you and your family are in my prayers. Hang in there girl. Your grandma needs you to be healthy, I am sure that would make her happy. Peace be with you.

We all care for you here at 3FC :grouphug:

Me and my family send :sunny: days to you and your family

barbygirl43
09-08-2004, 01:46 PM
So sorry to hear about your grandma. You'll definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

FindingJackie
09-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Celina -

I'm thinking about you and your grams. I lived with my grams as teenager when my relationship with my mother was rocky. So, she was was more than a grandmother to me. So, I can understand how upsetting this can be for you.

Keep us posted. I hope everything works out.

Sandi
09-09-2004, 07:28 AM
Celina -

How is your Grandma doing??? I've been thinking about you!

Charbar
09-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Celina.. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma.. have you heard any new news? You are in my prayers. It's so hard when someone you love is ill and you are so far away.

Dana

Merrick
09-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Celina, I was just cehcking in to see how you and your grandmother is doing. I will continue to keep you and yours in my prayers. Peace

Br00klyn
09-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Awwww.. you guys - THANK YOU SO MUCH for the wonderful thoughts and prayers! I love you and you've really brightened my day! :grouphug:

As for the update, my grandma is still in hospital and will be for at least 1 week. No test results have come back yet to find out causes, etc. but she is talking, eating and can move her whole upper body. (that's fast for a stroke victim) They keep trying to walk her everyday and she's a little fraile on her feet right now. My dad is calling everyday keeping me updated. Some moments during my day, I get really upset but I'm dealing with it a little better than I was on Monday and am gradually feeling a little better as the days go on. Hence, why I came online tonight, trying to catch up on email and here.

So I will keep you guys updated but I will let you know that as hard as it is, I'm doing my best to keep strong.

Again, thank you for all your nice words and thoughts. :grouphug:

Celina

Merrick
09-10-2004, 12:09 PM
That is such wonderful new. Thank God, she is doing so well, and so are you. Great job. Hang there, keep the faith. :)

LakeGirl
09-10-2004, 11:35 PM
We continued to hope she continues to improve Celina. You are both in my prayers.

As difficult as it is, please try to stay on plan. Stress can mess with us terribly and I know this as a similar situation happened to me. About 7 years ago, I had been working out at the gym and eating better and the weight was coming off me. I felt wonderful! Then my father was diagnosed with colon cancer and my entire world turned upside down. I dropped the gym of course to spend all free time with my dad and my mom and the stress of the situation had me eating all the wrong things. Needless to say, the weight came back and multiplied and it has taken me 7 years to get back on the wagon and start to get back into good habits.

So hang on, girl. You're doing too well to lose your footing now. Besides, your grandma and everyone else that loves you wants you to be happy and healthy :)

Please keep us updated on how your grandmother is doing!

Annie-Rose
09-11-2004, 04:25 AM
I'm sending you and your Grandma lots of love Celina!

My Mum had a mild stroke too and was still making progress 2 years later.It is amazing how much the body can relearn. She couldn't move her left arm at all. Although she's weaker on her left side now and is still slightly unsteady on her feet, she's back to leading a full and healthy life.She can even tie her own shoe laces and fasten clips and do all sorts of fiddly stuff. It was just horrible at the time so hang in there, we all care about you. (And if you have any questions you want me to ask my Mum for you I will.)

Br00klyn
09-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Well test results came back.. Turns out it wasn't a mild stroke, her blood to her heart slowed down momentarily. Only thing that came back in testing was 2 small spots on her brain, where the doctor things she suffered a mini-stroke in the past. Overall, she's fairly healthy... still very fraile and unbalanced on her feet but I'm couting my blessings that its not worse.

I'm feeling much better now that its a week later and I've learned to be positive.

Thanks again for all of your support! It really helps... :D

glynne
09-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Glad things are going better for your grandma.

tolose85
09-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Hey Celina. I missed all this while I was on vacation. Glad to see things are gettng better.. I am keeping you and family in my thoughts.

SuchAPrettyFace
09-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Glad she is feeling better. :)

Raelynn
09-14-2004, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry I missed this earlier and we couldnt chat. I am glad to hear she is doing better, and I hope she recovers quickly!