Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#4)

Sherry
09-06-2004, 11:50 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/welcomerose

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/flower

ShelleyM
09-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Sherry-My DH calls me Dear, so I had to mark other! Please stay off your legs as much as possible!

I was OP yesterday. I am doing a combo. Not counting points, but eating mainly Core foods with some carbs mixed in and counted. I can't believe I got my period this month. My weight is up and I didn't get it last month. I don't like this menopause thing at all! It's **** growing old!!

ShelleyM
09-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Wow, everyone must really be busy. I just want to tell you, if any of you are interested in WW Core, there is a WW Core board. I have been lurking over there to find out as much as possible about the plan. There is quite a bit of useful information going on over there.
I still haven't decided whether to go on it full force. I love my carbs! I have been following it little by little.

Carol101
09-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Shelley: Thanks for the information about WW. I might check out that board too.

Everyone have a great OP day!!

bootwoman
09-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Sorry to be AWOL. We just got moved back into our house on Friday and I have spent every waking moment cleaning and putting things in place. I've also been extremly busy at work, coming in early and staying late. I've got a bank robbery case going to court next week and I still have at least 10 solid hours of typing to do on it. I'm also working on a rape that happened over the weekend so my nose is to the grindstone! I promise I'll do better about posting soon!!!

Shelley, I'm so glad you didn't get hit hard again from this hurricane. Hopefully, there won't be any more.

I love you all and I'm trying to stop in and at least read the posts every few days. Hopefull I'll be settled by this weekend and everything can get back to normal.

Kind of a sad day for me. Today is Daniel's 22nd birthday and I would give anything to be able to give him a big hug. I mailed him a birthday package 4 weeks ago and it had still not arrived as of yesterday. They had a mail delivery truck blown up and I was afraid his package was on it. But, I got an email from him this morning and ironically, the package arrived today on his birthday!
Ben is leaving next week for a mission at the United Nations. He will be there for a few weeks.

Well, it's almost 8 o'clock so I better get some more typing done.

Take care everyone!!!

gdeann
09-08-2004, 01:20 PM
{{{{hugs, Ramona}}}}

Deelite
09-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I just read over all the posts. Thanks for being there for me. I can't sit long so this will be short. The last week has been a week from ****. If I knew that it was going to be this bad I am not sure that I would have gone through with it. If you can imagine what a charlie horse feels like or a muscle spasm, that is what I have from my butt to my ankle 24-7. Larry just about took me back to the surgeons because it was that bad. I waited it out. Today is the first day that I feel not to bad with all the morphine that I am taking. Tomorrow I will be getting out the staples. I have 20 of them. Has anyone else had staples removed? What does it feel like? I only have had stitches removed. I don't know if Larry has told you but that diskectomy that I was suppose to have was not the operation that I had. They never removed the disk. Once the doc seen what was happenning he said he did a decompression. I don't know much about it except he removed tendons, muscle cartiledge and something else. It will free up the nerves in my back. I will find out more when I see him in a month or so.
Well that is enough sitting, I am going to lie down.
Yes by the way Dez is moved and lonely.
That is all for now.

ShelleyM
09-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Dearest Dee-Thank you for checking in with us. I pray that you are feeling better ASAP.

Ramona-I'm so glad that your package reached Dan. It must be very hard for you. Luckily, you are so busy at work you probably don't have time to think about it every minute of the day, but I know that your children's well being stay in the back of your thoughts constantly. I wish I could come there to give you a big hug right now!

gdeann
09-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Dee, so nice to hear from you. I'm sorry your still in pain. I continue to pray that yoour pain is removed soon and you can get on with the quality of lifee you once enjoyed.

Shelley, what the heck is going on there? I heard you guys have another hurricane coming!!!! Anything to get out of school! LOL!

ShelleyM
09-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Gayle-We are really starting to freak out! A catagory 5 is barreling it's way toward us! This is getting riduculous. Not sure what we are going to do at this point. We are supposed to find out Saturday whether there will be school Monday. Mike says our house can't withstand a 4 or 5 hurricane. We'll have to go to Lehigh Acres, where his brother lives in a cement block house. We can't go to a shelter because of the animals, and I am taking my animals with me wherever we go.

gdeann
09-10-2004, 12:40 AM
Shelley, you guys take care and let us know what you decide. Just remember, better safe then sorry... I'm sure your brother won't mind a critter or two... I'm like you, if anything happened here, I would be loading up all of the animals too. Will your folks go to your brothers house also? I forgot to ask, did they go to your house when you had the last hurricane? My husbands Aunt lives in Florida, she lives in a trailer park, she said one can only begin to imagine the damage aroound you.

I hope everyone is ok!!!!

ShelleyM
09-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Gayle-My parents came over here when Charley came, but they had trouble getting back to Cape Coral, because the bridges were closed. During Frances, they stayed at their house. Now they say that they will stay at their house for Ivan, unless they need to go to a shelter that is on the Cape. That way, they can at least stay in Cape Coral without having a problem getting back there. I am going to take a cell phone to them this weekend just in case. During Charley, the cell phones were working somewhat when the regular phone lines weren't. With my parents, the main concern is the storm surge because they live on a canal with direct access to the river. I would rather be with them during this storm, but my kids don't want be to leave them and they will go to Mike's brother's house. Mike said my parents could come with us, but I don't know what is going to happen. How about I head up north to your place LOL!!!

gdeann
09-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Shelley, be careful, they say this coming storm is the worse yet. I feel for you guys, 3 hurricanes in 3 weeks! Sure, come on up, if you can handle a huge Florida hurricane, I'm sure you can handle a little Kansas tornado!

ShelleyM
09-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Gayle-Thank you so much for calling! You made my day. It is so nice to put a voice with your name. I have your number also, since I have caller ID.

gdeann
09-11-2004, 07:07 PM
I ended up visiting with Shelley and Ramona today! I enjoyed talking to each of you and putting a voice with the image I had in my mind. I tried a few others, but no answer or SOMEONES LINE WAS BUSY all afternoon...not naming names! LOL!
If I didn't call you it's because I couldn't find a number or I couldn't remember a last name. Dee, I'm saving up my money to give you a call one of these days!

DebbieA
09-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Gayle

I'm so sorry I missed your call today. Actually, I was out having some fun instead of home doing chores...LOL. You have the sweetest voice, I would have loved to chat with you. Hugs...deb

tinagailh
09-12-2004, 12:39 AM
Hi!! Glad to see everyone checking in.

Shelley those storms have been scary. I hope it turns out to not be as bad as first expected. Stay safe.

Gayle how sweet of you to make those surprise phone calls!! I am sure you made lot of ladies smile!!

Debbie I'll take having fun to doing chores any day LOL. Sounds like a good day.

Dee glad to see you posting hope you continue to feel better.
OUT OF THE MOUTH OF BABES!!
My 4 yr old was stung by a wasper on his neck this week. He told me I needed to call my brother because he was going to need to borrow his "thingers". I finally realized that the "thingers" he was referring to was my brothers crutches. Yes crutches!! What on earth does does a sting on the neck have to do with crutches? LOL

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Tina

Sherry
09-12-2004, 03:06 AM
Gayle......I bet you were talking about MY phone being busy!!!!!! :lol: We took our call waiting, caller ID and everything off our phone. So now when we're on-line it's BUSY!!! Sorry! Would have loved to talked to you. But guess what? It was Wayne on the computer because I just got home from working the state fair. I worked on the beer wagon and I'm soooooooooooo tired!!!!!!

Shelley.....I've been thinking of you all week!

I'll post more tomorrow...I'm tired. Good night!

P.S. Oh BTW: I got my blood results back. I have RSL (Restless Leggs S.) I'm now taking medication at night so my legs will relax. So far...so good :D

ShelleyM
09-12-2004, 06:52 AM
Sherry-Good luck with your legs. At least now you know what is wrong. What is restless leg syndrome anyway???
Tina-Out of the mouths of babes! How cute.
I am so glad that you guys came out of hiding and posted! I've been lurking everyday and hardly any new posts. I miss all of you! You are all such dear friends to me, I would hate for us to lose touch with each other.
Mike has decided not to board up the house. He says if it blows away, we would rebuild concrete block with the insurance money. Actually, Ivan is venturing farther away from us and toward the panhandle. I hope he stays away from not only Fl, but the rest of you. He is very dangerous right now.
I have been doing really well as far as my diet plan goes. I have been trying to eat mainly core foods and using a few points for lite bread and popsicles. Yesterday I earned 11 points for running 11 miles. My weight has not gone down, but I attribute it to not only stuffing myself with watermelon (LOL!!) but also I just got over TOM, which is very frustrating, since I didn't expect to get it. I think that I will probably be out of whack for awhile because of the change.

Carol101
09-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Hello All:

Sorry I haven't been around much this week. It has been a sad week for us. My uncle (66 years young) passed away on Tuesday. I was very very close to the family so it has been rough. The funeral was Friday. Then yesterday I spent the day with my mom & dad taking them everywhere they needed to go. Whew... what a week!

Gayle: That was so sweet of you to call some of the girls.. I am sure they all appreciate you even more for who you are.. a sweet, caring person.

Shelley: So glad to hear the latest hurricane may be heading another direction. I have been keeping a close eye on it and thinking of you and everyone else down your way often. Stay Safe!!

Debbie: Good for you for taking a day for yourself and having fun.. We all need to do that more. Take the time for you!!

Sherry: I am glad you finally got the results and you know what you are dealing with now. Restless leg syndrome can really take its toll. There have been times when I thought I might have it, but mine does not seem as severe as yours has been. I did not realize there was a test you can take to diagnosis it. Hopefully your medication will get you back on the mend and feeling like a new woman!!! Although I like you just the way you are minus the illness, of course. :lol:. Take care of yourself.

Tina: Isn't it funny what kids come up with.. I always get a chuckle from my grandkids and what their little minds come up with. Oh to be so young and innocent!! Hope he feeling better now from his sting.

I found this motivation this morning and thought I woud share it. It seemed to apply to many things in life..

The elevator to success is out of order; you will have to use the stairs one step at a time. Your climb to success will always have obstacles and challenges but with each step you take and with each daily success you will grow stronger, more skilled, more self confident and more successful.

Sherry
09-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Howdy :wave:

I have done laundry today and more less took a lazy day. I'm still tired from working that beer wagon last night at the state fair!

Shelley,
Restless Legs Syndrome is where your mind goes to sleep at night but not your body. It's like my legs were jogging all night. This medication helps calm the muscle down so I will relax in my sleep and help my legs. So far I can only tell a little difference but I'm giving it a few more days. My question is...If my legs were "jogging" all night....Then why aren't I skinny!!!???? :lol:
BTW: Do you mix your dry oatmeal in your coolwhip? I saw where you posted that (did I read it right?) Would you email me the Core info? Thanks!

Carol,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle. :angel: I know that he will be missed. Death is always so hard on all loved ones. Try to take it easy. Congrats on your 2 lb. weight loss!!! :cp: You go girl! Are you following WW or doing the Core? I really don't understand it.

Dee,
How do you feel? I hope that you're seeing an improvement by now. Can you start to move more easily? Did you get my card? I love & miss you.

Tina,
Yep...Kids say the darnest things! That was cute what your Son said! :lol: A 1st grader at school wanted ketchup on his carrots!!!! LOL

Debbie,
I'm so glad you took a day off for FUN! You sure deserve it! Are you back to being OP 100% now? I really need a big butt kicking! I'm doing so bad! I can't seem to get back to it and I'm getting BIGGER & BIGGER!!!! I'm looking forward to the game Sunday...are you?

Gayle,
I bet you're so busy with all those craft shows. I know you'll do well because your work is outstanding! Make big bucks! I've been meaning to tell you that I think yours & Steves' reasons for not making that big move was so touching. You're just like me...I couldn't move away from mine or Wayne's Parents either. It's really hard to make that choice and I know how hard it was for ya'll to make. It will payoff one day! :)

Ramona,
Your life at work is so exciting! You have so much going on daily! Much better then taking temps., calling Parents, checking for lice, etc.. How's the boys? I'm so glad that he got his gift on his b/day! how cool!

Jennelle,
How's school going so far this year? Do ya'll have new report cards and a new grading system this year? We do and some teachers are having a hard time catching on.

DONI........VICKI.......CHERYL.......Hello...Hugs. ....And please post soon!!!

Hugs to all.....

mzbhavin
09-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Gayle......So sorry that i missed your call and it is nice to put a voice with someone you chat with over so many years and not know what they sound like. Thanks cheered me up to get an unexpected call like that...

Sherry....So glad you found out what was going on with your legs. I know you feel better knowing what it was and it can be helped. Lady you need to slow down so your legs can catch up with you or is it the other way around. Oh well....

Dee. How are you feelin???

Carol....Sorry about your Uncle....take care of yourself..

Shelley......Gosh woman-you and my family have gone thru enough with the weather down there. Talked to my dad and he said things done there are such a mess and people are getting very edgy....Be safe and be healthy.

Well off to relax now been running all weekend.

Vicki

gdeann
09-13-2004, 01:32 AM
Thank you for the kind words. Shelley was the first person I called yesterday afternoon and it just went from there. Wished I could of talked to each and every one of you.

Carol, I'm so sorry to find out you had a death in the family. Facing the death of a loved one is never easy and so much worse when they are someone you hold very dear to your heart. Was your uncle ill? 66 is so young... I remember as a kid, thinking 66 sounded so old.

Shelley, I hope this note finds you safe... do what you feel is best for your family.

Sherry, I hope to make some money at this show! Steve will be my only help and this show requires the venders to supply all tables and chairs. He will be my "muscle man" so I need to keep him happy until the show is over. LOL!! I don't have near enough stuff done, way too many interruptions and commitments. I hope your legs get better SOON!

Vickster, nice to hear your voice on the answering machine!

Deb, maybe one of these days we will catch-up with each other to have a chat!

Tina, kids say the cutest things! Allison amazes me with her vocabulary at the age of 5. Apparently your youngest connected having an injury with needing crutches. How cute!

Uneventful around here, I ended up cutting and perming hair on about half of my family this weekend. I have an older brother celebrating his 50th BD on Sunday. We are having a small get-together of family and friends, if you have any cute party suggestion other then the over the hill stuff, let me know. I purchased a teal colored plastic bedpan from a medical supply, I plan to paint black roses on it and fill it with "old people" stuff, depends, denture stuff etc. This will be one of the table centerpieces with balloons attached.

ShelleyM
09-13-2004, 05:58 AM
Carol-I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. My deepest sympathy to you and yours.

Gayle-One of the teachers turned 50 the other day and a balloon she got was so cute it said "I demand a recount." She also received the normal black colored carnations.

Sherry-I'll email you the info. Also, check the message board at www.dwlz.com. One of the people there has the complete plan posted on flex and core. If you notice, I have also been posting over at the Core board, since they are full of information. They are pretty die-hard Core, though and don't believe in mixing plans. For me, I have to do what works best for me and I will do whatever works! BTW, yes I mix dry oatmeal with the cool whip. Cool whip isn't a core food, but I do it anyway. I have to eat something sweet. I normally mix 1/2 carton with a handful of dry oatmeal to give it texture. Delish.

No school today. The weather is fine, but Dr. Browder called off school. Don't know about tomorrow yet. We will make up this day on Jan. 3. We also have Thursday off for my holiday (Rosh Hashonah.)

Since I have today off, I'll be running again until we have too much standing water. I want to get in as much as possible. I went 11 miles on Saturday and 10 miles on Sunday. I will probably just do 5 or 6 today.

bootwoman
09-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Carol, I'm very sorry about your Uncle. I will keep your family in my thougths.

Gayle, thank you so much for the phone call. You really caught me by surprise because when I looked at the caller ID and it read "Steve Hall" I thougth it was the Steve Hall that lives here and is friends with my brother! It took me just a minute to figure out who I was talking to!! You know it's really funny. I guess in my head, we all talk alike with no accents or anything. I didn't expect you to sound so much like a midwesterner just like you didn't expect me to sound like a "Southern Belle"! hahaha I hope I can return the call sometime soon!

We heard from Dan around Midnight last night. He said he wouldn't be able to call for a while. They are on the highest alert as they received intelligence that their camp is going to be attacked by a large group of Iraqis. I also found out over the weekend that Ben won't get to come home on his regular annual leave. They are sending him to a special Kennel Master school which means a great opportunity for advancement. I guess I'm feeling a little sorry for myself though because I really needed him to be home for the holidays this year. Now I won't have either of my children or my mother. I'm afraid the Happy Holidays won't be very happy this year. I'm already dreading it. Sorry, I didn't mean to bring anyone down. I'm just having a pity party.

Shelley, I'm so glad that that nasty Ivan is turning away from you. I just wish it would dissipate before it does any more damage.

Sherry, Rick has RLS also. I know he can't help it, but sometimes he keeps me up for hours and I end up going to the couch! I hope your medicine helps.

I hope everyone else is having a good day. Take care of yourselves and I'll talk to you later.

gdeann
09-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Shelley, I really like the I demand a recount idea! He wears a hat most of the time, so I might see about painting one up for him with the message. Do you use FF cool whip? Instant oatmeal? I personally love grapenuts or any cereal mixed in my yogurt! It's funny some of the stuff we will come up with to eat! A cool treat that sounds weird: 2 servings of frozen blueberries poured into a bowl, then add one serving of skim milk, sprinkle with splenda. If you let it sit for awhile, the milk will slush up as the blueberries thaw out. Eat when slushy and blueberries are still firm. DELISH! Just like a frozen ice cream treat!

Ramona, I decided you thought I was a telemarketer!!! How funny! Your life has had so many bumps and turns, hopefully one of these days, things will smooth out. I know it will be so very difficult to have the holidays this year without your mom and the boys. The only comfort I can give is to think ahead to future holidays, when the boys will be back home and and everyone will appreciate the time together so much more. Praying for the safety of Dan and Ben...

ShelleyM
09-14-2004, 06:16 AM
Ramona-I, too am praying for the safety and safe return of your dear boys. They are so brave to serve our country.

Gayle-I'll have to try your blueberry recipe. Sounds delish! I love frozen things. Right now I am eating a lot of frozen grapes because they are on Core.

Looks like Ivan is heading northward. I pray that any of you that might live in the area where he is heading remain safe. I don't think any of you are near the coast though, are you??

gdeann
09-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Shelley: Have you ever tried frozen banana's? Taste better then it sounds. I'm not a banana person, but frozen, they seem to taste different. WARNING: Just remember to peel before freezing! LOL!

tinagailh
09-14-2004, 06:22 PM
YUMM I love frozen bananas and frozen grapes. MMMMMM

ShelleyM
09-14-2004, 07:03 PM
I eat frozen bananas all the time! I like them frozen because it takes longer to eat them.

ShelleyM
09-15-2004, 06:50 AM
This board has been so slow, that I have been lurking and posting over at the Core board. Man, those women can throw daggers at each other. I don't post much because they can come back with some mean replies. I like the camraderie we have over here. I hope that everyone is well. We have off tomorrow for the Rosh Hashanah holiday. This is the first time that school has been out for one of my holidays. I am not going to synagogue though. I'll be staying home. It seems as though we have had more days off than days at school.

gdeann
09-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Shelley, will you do anything special for Rosh Hashanah?
I'm guilty of not posting as much as I should. I guess I need to manage my time better. I just dropped off Allison, on to see a Hospice client, run a few errands, then back here to work on craft show stuff. I have a few special orders to get out this week too... I wish I would of never signed up for these shows, the money is nice and I like doing the stuff, but I am getting NOTHING done! If I can't get started early in the day and stay with it or if I have a few interruptions, my day is shot. Okay, enough venting! I FEEL BETTER!
I agree with you about the snotty comments on some of the other boards, that is why I like it here so much. This is the only one I post on.

bootwoman
09-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Shelley, I hope you enjoy your day off for the Holiday. It looks like Ivan is going to spare you guys this time. Unfortunately, a lot of other people are going to get what you guys have been going through.

I got a email from Daniel. They were out on patrol and got hit pretty hard. They had 3 killed and many wounded. He said he will be doing office work for the next 7 days though, so that will be really good.

Gayle, it sounds like you have a very busy day ahead of you. Don't forget to take time for YOU!

I hope everyone is having a good day and week. I have to bake two pound cakes for a Tea this weekend that I am helping to host. When I was asked, I thought it was just going to be people from church. Come to find out, there are 17 hostesses and several of them are from the "upper crust" of society if you know what I mean. I'm kind of dreading it now. I'm not much of a social climber and I am easily intimidated by these women. I did order a new dress (since I can't fit into anything I own!) from Chadwicks. It is a faux wrap, black with ivory cuffs and collar. I'm going to wear a brooch that belonged to my mother. It is an antique carved ivory and gold pin. I think it will look really pretty on the dress. I wear some of my mom's diamond rings and bracelets everyday, but I've never worn the brooch. I just hope the dress fits!!!!

Well, believe it or not, I'm actually caught up on my cases, at least at the moment. So, now I have to go enter some warrants. Never a dull moment!!!!

I'll talk to you ladies later.

ShelleyM
09-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Ramona-You will fit right in. You know darn well that you can mix in with anyone and you will look beautiful. Post a picture of yourself all dressed up, if you can. I am so glad for you that Dan will be doing office work for the week. I'm sure that is comforting to you.
Gayle-I am tired just listening to you. I hope you sell everything that you make.

Deelite
09-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been around much. I am feeling abit better. I still have a lot of pain and I get tired and sore really easy.

Sherry, Gayle and Shelley thank you for the cards. They made me smile to know that you care.

I wish that I had the strenght to post to each one of you. I promise the minute that I am up to it I will post.

I hope that you are all well and counting calories.

Love ya.

gdeann
09-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Ramona, those "upper crust gals" have nothing on you! Even if you wear rags, you will still be the "Belle of the ball"!!!!!

Dee, I'm happy your feeling a tad better! How far is Dez away from home? Is she getting home sick for you? Liz is considering a move next Fall, about 6 hours from here. I guess I'm ready to let go... I worry though that she will pull some of the same stupid stunts her mother did!

Shelley, thank goodness it looks like you guys will be ok for now... although, now another one is right behind! I watched a news segment last night about a man that lives in a dome house. He said it is tested to withstand 300+ wind, he wants it to be approved to build in areas such as where you live. He said even with the additional cost to build, in the long run insurance etc. would be ahead. Now people collect the insurance and build similar to what they had, then everyone goes through this mess again.

Well, better go! Painting glassware today!!!!!!!

ShelleyM
09-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Dee-I hope you get much better with each passing day. I miss you so much, my dear friend!

Gayle-Somebody here built a hurricane proof home. They had it in the paper today. His home actually protected the one next door because it shielded the wind. It's made of concrete block and steel.

Sherry
09-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Hi :wave:

Just a real quick hello. I'm not posting a long one tonight because I'm so tired. I worked the beer wagon at the state fair again last night. I'm also working tomorrow night. Sunday is a Titans game too. When I go to bed from working the game Sunday...it will make me working 72 hours this week!! This includes school, state fair and the football game Sunday! I'm getting to old to act like I'm in my 20's again! What was I thinking when I thought I could do all this!? Also with bad legs!! :(

Going to take shower. If I can't go to sleep early, I may check back in tonight with ya'll.

Love & Hugs.....

gdeann
09-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Sherry, take care of yourself! Are the meds helping your legs yet? Are you still going to both schools? I know, I know, so many questions!!!

ShelleyM
09-17-2004, 06:46 AM
Sherry-You must be making loads of moulah!!

Sherry
09-17-2004, 09:23 AM
STOP!!!!!

Go To #5...........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!! ;)