Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 06:48 PM   #1  

Default WW Feisty & Sexy 50-60 yr old #28

G'day all,

Hope those of you who are having a long weekend are enjoying yourselves. We did not have a long weekend but yesterday was Father's Day and we had a nice day.
It was nice to 'see' Lily drop in and pleased you are well and your house is spic & span

The world news has been just awful. The cruelty of the terrorists in the Russian saga is just beyond belief. I don't quite know what sort of sympathy for their cause they would expect after doing what they did to the children that were held hostage.
Hurricane Frances seems to have abated and the damage is perhaps not as bad as that caused by hurricane Charlie. Nevertheless, it would seem it will still be a while before all the damage has been repaired.
Hope Ann & Karen will soon be in touch to let us know all is well with them.

Our visit to our financial advisor on Saturday was good and we now know that we would be OK financially if Lucent and him were to part company.
He left for Sydney this morning feeling great that he will now call their bluff and tell them that we will NOT re-locate to Sydney.
I would be very surprised if they were to tell him he is no longer required but no-one is irreplaceable so who knows.

Some more good news, a small loss again this week!!

Stay happy and well all.....

Cheers
Maria

Starting weight: 94.9 kg
goal weight: 72 kg
todays weight 86.6kg
.3 from last week
total loss till now 8.3 kg
Old 09-05-2004, 08:21 PM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Keep us posted. I dont blame you for not wanting to relocate. I hope it goes well for DH

Worked a bit in the yard today. Not much been pretty lazy for a change!
Old 09-06-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  

HI All,

Maria stay firm. Don't blame you for not wanting to relocate. You must be getting tired of all this. Congrats on the lb loss.

Slavika I couldn't live in your house with all those goodies around. They would be calling my name constantly. I admire you for not giving in. I don't even care for chips but if they are here I will nibble on them.

Ann your honeymooners will have a honeymoon to remember won't they? Hope you and Karen are safe this time around. I heard this morning that Frances is heading for the panhandle.

Lily glad you are doing so well on the Core program. I am still figuring it out. Sometimes [well most of the time] I don't realize I am full and keep stuffing. I am working on that. Do you eat the ffcheese that tastes like cardboard? This week I am working on cutting down on the bread and see how that works.

Trudy I knew what a splotch was. I am very good at getting them-a lot of my clothes have splotches on them. I love to go to our zoo and see the white tigers. A long time ago I was a zoo volunteer.

Glenda-good to hear from you.

Been doing some yard work and getting sore muscles from it. I guess that should be telling me something. Been digging up daylillies and moving stuff around that needed to be divided. Enjoying the long weekend. We went to a cookout yesterday and it sure was hot and humid.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:43 AM   #4  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Karen and Ann I sure have been thinking about you two over the weekend. I hope you and those close and dear to you weathered Hurricane Frances and that your homes are ok too. Karen you have certainly seen the worst possible kind of weather in Florida since you and DH moved there, so now I hope you get to enjoy the beauty of Florida and their usual wonderful weather. I know that cleanup in some areas is going to take a long time, as well as getting power back. I can hardly wait to hear from you both.
Maria Congrats to you on your weight loss. Good for you!!
Glenda I agree with Trudy you sure do have a great sense of humour. So you were an english teacher in another life.........why did you give teaching up?
Lily nice seeing you. Sounds like you are relaxing a little over this long weekend. GOOD!
Peggy I have to get outside and do a bit of yard work too. I want cut off the rest of my rhubarb and package it up and freeze it and my rose bushes have to pruned BADLY too. We have had so much rain it's really difficult to do any gardening.
We came back from the lake last night as DH back is still bothering him and he just wanted to come home and sleep in his own little "beddie". We had the "International Dinner" at the lake yesterday. There was about 40 or 50 of us, including the little munchkins. There was so much food and such good food. My friend deep fried a 15# turkey, and I did several racks of Greek Dry Ribs. Together we made a Ukrainian dish with bread dough and beet leaves. You take a walnut sized amount of bread dough and wrap a fresh beet leaf around it. When you have finished rolling them up you place them in a roaster and bake. You make up a sauce by frying a couple of large chopped onions, in about 1/2 lb of BUTTER, then adding 1 quart of WHIPPING CREAM and continue cooking. You then add lots of fresh dill and a little bit of flour to thicken the sauce and finally pore this mixture over the Beet Buns. In Ukrainian they are called.."Ba-lob-ish-ka". Now without even counting the bread dough, I figured that the whipping cream and butter came to 112 points. The reason I am telling you gals all this, is because I stood on my scale this morning and I was 3 lbs UP. I didn't even mention the cabbage rolls, spare ribs in BBQ sauce, pasta salads, Oriental chicken, oh yes, the lovely salmon pate which I made "Lavash" for at home and took it out to the lake. There was also Lasagne and some Mexican type dishes and also a couple of Dutch dishes. I baked Lemon Cookies/Chocolate Chip/shortbread and the easy to make Praline Cookies. There were other dessert type things but not many. My little granddaughter (with her Mom's help) made a Pumpkin loaf.
I will go to Weight Watcher's tomorrow and face the music well face the scale and get all the information on the new program and work on getting on track again. I told you gals....I do worse on program when I am not at home. GRRR
Bye for now.

Last edited by slavika; 09-06-2004 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:45 PM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: SOunds like you had fun tho That Ba-lob-ish-ka sounds good. But sure sounds like alot of work to make to.

Peggy. When I use cheese I use low fat. Dont like the fat free. I also use Kraft Single FF its not bad for omelettes and things like that. but I wouldnt eat it on a sandwich

We are going out to lunch today.

Later!
Old 09-06-2004, 04:17 PM   #6  
Super Surfer

Question How do I post an attachment??

I had a lovely, well written, informative and very witty post all ready to submit when I decided to add an attachment and then ..... poof.... it all went Can anyone tell me what to do to add an attachment to my post. Maria you always do that, please advise me.
We are all hoping to get some good news from Karen & Ann, I heard on CNN that Tampa has flooding. It is one thing to watch these things on TV, but when someone we know is involved, it is hard not to worry. And now, Hurrican Ivan might hit Florida too, time will tell with that one. What a year we have all had. It seems like everyone's weather has been unusual. The wonderful long hot summers we usually get, was replaced with cool, rainy weather. BC had the temps we are used to. The fruit from BC was not good this year, Safeway would advertise fruit, just to turn it away when it arrived. I guess it was just too hot there. I saw the movie "THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW", it was about global warming that the scientists have been warning us about, only this happens instantly. Did you see it Glenda? Canada was covered with 20 feet of snow and ice, and instant ice age.
Maria I too am sicked with what is going on in Russia, those poor childrens faces just haunted me. Our newspaper had pages and pages of the tragedy. I don't blame you for now wanting to move to Sydney. It must be reassuring not to be left with no options and being able to refuse the move.
Slavika I didn't go to the International Dinner and I gained 3 lbs... Are you sure our WW is going to start the Core Program tomorrow?... hummmm, maybe I will to to the meeting. I will definitely see you for Tomorrow my DD has to see her doctor and luckily for me, the office is near my home. She will drop the little at our place while she is gone.
Lily I have to know, would macaroni & cheese be considered core if I used regular cheddar cheese and skim milk? The answer to this question might determine whether or not I go back to WW.
Peggy I do believe the tigers were from the Columbus Zoo in Ohio. They were just awesome. If I can add an attachment to my post I will post the picture.

TTFN, see you later...
Old 09-06-2004, 09:31 PM   #7  
Super Surfer

Thumbs up The tiger

Thanks to Maria, there should be a white tiger, from the Columbus Zoo, attachment with this post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trudyred.jpg (32.2 KB, 49 views)
Old 09-06-2004, 09:33 PM   #8  
Super Surfer

Talking My Granddog

Here is my Granddog,
Thanks Maria for making the pictures smaller, looking forward to getting the instructions so I can do it myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trudy1red.jpg (26.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 09-06-2004, 10:10 PM   #9  

G'day all,

For some reason I did not receive notification that there were new posts.
I just came to check on Trudy's photo and then found all the new posts!

Peggy Is it our age, dh and I seem to have more and more 'splotches' on our clothes these days
That would have been a great volunteer job at the zoo!

Slavika your description of the International Dinner made my mouth water, I am surprised you are only up 3 lbs! You may still be in for a pleasant surprise tomorrow at the weigh-in and will not be up as much as you think

Loved Trudy's photos and look forward to more of the same attached to her posts!

DH is back in Sydney and they have accepted our decision, he will be commuting till the end of October when this project is finished, after that who knows.
I might go over for a little while to give him a break of the commuting.
Our dd in Melbourne is moving house and I really want to go and see her as well. I will just have to work out something.

Hope we hear from Karen & Ann soon and all is well with them and their families.

Cheers
Maria
Old 09-06-2004, 11:29 PM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: Granddog is to cute! I love her!
Sorry it took me so long to answer your email. But send me your Moms Mac and cheese I will try and revise it for you. And go back you might be suprised. And I am here to help. Just might take me a few days to answer. I forget my email

Maria: Well thats good news for now. Hope it works out in the end. My fingers are crossed for you.

From hearing the news it might be a while before we hear from Karen and Ann Power is out and another storm on the way. Hope they are ok!
Old 09-07-2004, 08:14 PM   #11  
Super Surfer

Wink Hi everyone

Maria What can I say, you are truly an artist. The picture you sent this morning with the beautiful frame around my grand-pooch is so cute. My DD came over this morning and she just loved it too. I made it my desk top and showed to the ... she said "my puppy" blew a kiss and leaned in for a hug. We are printing it off, I will put mine in the album and DD is going to display hers. I am going to send it to our friends on the board so they can see your handi-work too. Also, thanks for the addy you sent, I am going to check that out thoroughly, who knows there might be something there I can work with.
Well, I went to WW and listened to The Core presentation. It looks interesting, I will give it a try and see what happens. I have points to count for today, because I went to A & W BEFORE the meeting and to Slavika's after... not exactly sure how many points, I will figure it out later.
Lily I think you are right about not hearing from Karen or Ann for a few days. The TV coverage I saw, looked bad. Since the hurricane had been down-graded I didn't think it would do so much damage.
I bought whole wheat macaroni, but couldn't get the velvetta cheese, I think I will use my Light Kraft Cracker Barrel Old and count points on it.

I had better go and do my points and read the WW info booklet very carefully , bye for now..

Last edited by Trudy; 09-07-2004 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:24 PM   #12  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: I have a hard time finding Fat Free Velvetta to. Sometimes my store has and sometimes it doesnt. Wish they were more consistent

Maria: I did love the frame you put around Grand Pooch it was very nice!

Night
Old 09-08-2004, 12:28 AM   #13  

G'day everyone,

Thank you for your kind words Trudy and I am glad you like the picture I sent.
The frame your grand-dog is in is one of my favourite photo frames I have at home. I took out the photo and scanned the frame and then put your grand-dog into the scanned framed.
Not really that clever just thinking a little outside the square

It is a lovely sunny day here after some very cold and wet weather.

See ya tomorrow,

Cheers
Maria
Old 09-08-2004, 03:59 PM   #14  

Just a quick check in. We are alright. No damage. There was some to the park. Also it took a while for us to get home because of some flooding in the park. We came home yesterday and were able to have someone ferry us in to our house. it is fine. We got power last night boy how we take that one for granted. We are now washing and getting ready for the next round. We will be leaving again if need be already have a hotel lined up.
Back later. I haven't tried to call Ann yet.
Karen
Old 09-08-2004, 04:03 PM   #15  
Fun Blonde

I have been so worried about Karen and Ann. It was great to hear from them and know that so far, everything is okay. I have prayed that the damage won't be extensive. The older I get the more I seem to hurt regarding such horrendous news stories as the Russian terrorist attack, especially the little kids. Sometimes I don't know where to take all the hurt, so I will declare a moratorium from all news stories. Seems like running away from it, but I just almost can't handle even thinking about it all. I do pray for these people and know how easily it could be us. Just kind of a hopeless feeling. I would never be a good social worker, would I?

Many years ago I was an English teacher. I quit to have children (which was a difficult proposition for us) and did not want to go back to that much stress. I went to work at OSU for just a cushion, and now it is much more important to us all. Sometimes I think I should have remained teaching, but I didn't.....second guessing is no good, is it?

Slavika, the way you cook! I am so impressed, can't say it enough. That food you described--I gained 5 pounds reading the receipes.

Maria, I am so glad your DH has decided he "could" quit. Gives you so much freedom, doesn't it? Your picture of Trudy's grand-doggie was so pretty. Such a pretty frame.

Well, hope you all are doing fine. The Core program sounds great if you can do it. Someone told me that if you eat out, it isn't the program for you. That seems to be my life these days. So, the flex points program is for me.
Glenda
Closed Thread