Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #82

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #82

gma22
09-05-2004, 08:07 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
09-05-2004, 08:16 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Poll this week is: If you were given 2 tickets for Christmas to anything you wanted to see or hear, what would it be?

Amanda: :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale GREAT JOB!

Carri :bravo:

Blast, I can't remember what you guys talked about on the last thread so I can't reply.

It was quiet here yesterday for us. I cleaned house, DUH, big surprise but other than that and the grocery store, nothing earth shaking. Jack and I watched the movie Laws of Attraction with Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore and it was really cute. He is so gorgeous anyway. Then I watched an old Jimmy Stewart/Kim Novak movie Bell Book and Candle, which was pretty good. (That is who my husband reminds me of, Jimmy Stewart with more of a temper! :lol: )

Carri: Hope the painting is coming along. I know our painting went pretty well except where we had to prime first or in the case of wallpaper or border on the walls we had to deal with first.

Everyone have a great Sunday!

Faye :)

Sandybrat
09-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Good Morning BEAUTIFULS!!!! 4 points for me yesterday... barley but 4...lol i couldnt get to sleep last night so i had a snack... i was actaully hungry... a rarity... especiallly late but... i had a turkey and cheese wrap... so it wasnt too bad...lol We went walking on the river trail yesterday withthe kidlets... the boys took off on us... really made their dad and i mad... so we spent most of our walk looking for them.... so once we got home they went to their room... and came down to clean...lol hahahahahaha u should have seen their faces.... priceless... i woke up this morning with a backache.... again... same place.. right in the middle where my bra goes...if i pick them up tho the pain goes away... so guess i will just walk around holding up my boobs for the day... LMAO KIDDING!!! all i can do at this point is keep documenting and resubmit to the insurance about the reduction surgery...
Have to go grocery shopping today... so i need to get my list together.. lots of south beach goodies for me... so i can get my rear in gear... actaully its helped so far... but i really want to get serious about it and loose loose loose... so guess i should get on that.. i will check in later... heres to everyone having a 4 point day and lots of sunshine and happiness... rmember to take care of U... love to all

Sandy

Amanda Panda
09-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - I had a really good swim and I've just bought a monthly pass, so I can swim to my hearts content for a whole month! :angel:

Good news - the cheese is finished! :cheese: :lol3: so now I can get back to normality!

Sandy - maybe you need a stronger bra! I've always had big boobs but never struggle with back pain with them, and I assume it is because I get a good fitting bra and get measured regularly. Did you know it's something like over half the female population are wearing the wrong sized bra? Also, if you strengthen your abdominal and lower back muscles then you will be able to 'carry them' better! Hope that helps!

Have a good day ladies,

Love Amanda x

gigglez
09-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Morning/Afternoon everyone!

Sandy, I hope that your insurance company will let you have the reduction that you need. It sounds as if your quality of life isn't tooo good ifin you have to hold your boobs up.LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorta makes you want to have someone walk behind you and hold them up as you walk alone. LOL!!!!!!!!!

Ok for the silly poll..........right now I could use a good chuckle in life so I am going with the following............Geroge Carlin in concert!!!!!! That way I could laugh for a good long time.

SO far this weekend I have gotten nothing in except for lack of sleep. Monday was my target start day and now I am mentally ready so wish me luck girls. Too tired to even drink water. Gotta run time to go to work again today. Hope that everyone has a wonderful day!

sandy

happy dance dot
09-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Hi Girls,
Just popping in quickly to say hi and hope you're all doing fine...talk to you next chance I get.

Oh and hey Sandy G. welcome back!

gigglez
09-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Evening all!

Finally I am finished with work for the day. It is now 1130 pm and getting ready for a nap have to be at work at 5am.

Dot, I too have gotten food to start my program tomorrow as well. Lets hope that this time it is successful.

Just checking in before bed

catch y'll later

sandy

gma22
09-06-2004, 07:54 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is snack choices. We all need snacks from time to time, but watch what you buy. Besides good ole fresh fruits and veggies, most snacks either are high fat or high sugar. Puddings and such may be fat free but have sugar in them, so though they are ok to eat, keep them to a minimum. Chips that are ff have olean in them which causes diarhhea in large amounts so be sure and stick to the serving size. Lower fat cheese in moderation, lower fat crackers or ff crackers etc are good for snacks, as is tomato juice. Just use caution but be sure and give yourself little treats to keep you on track.

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS :

Amanda :bravo:
SandyB :bravo:

I will check back and chat later girls

Sandybrat
09-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Morning BEAUTIFULS!!! Man are we all on the same wave length or what?? LOL i too went shopping yesterday for a new start... as well as the rest of the family...lol and i bought lots of califlower and hummus... i love that for a snack... crunchy and salty. So i am well stocked for the time being... i even bought caffeine free diet coke... a big step for me...lol i can have caffeine but i need to limit it... so... i have been drinkin decafe coffe in the mornings... but around 11 or so i am craving a diet coke... so now i can have a refular diet coke and later if i want more the caff free... does that make sense of am i just babbling here.. probably both... hahahahaha :crazy: as for yesterday.. 4 points but i still feel so bloated... but i ate very strangly yesterday... so that may be it. I hope you all have a fantabulous day today... remember to take care of u...
and to those who had suggestions for my boob problem... lol yes i do know that the exercising helps... i need to find some specific ones i guess to target that area... and i love sandys idea... wouldnt it be a hoot to interview people for that job?? LMAO! i dont think sitting at this computer as much as i do helps tho either...
Have a wonderful day all.. i will check back later... love to u all
Sandy

Mirabelly
09-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Good Morning Beautifuls!

I'm Back!!
What an awesome weekend! I swear, I put so much work into these dance productions but I get so reenergized from them. It's amazing.........

SO, here was my weekend in a nutshell...all day Friday, setting up a 4 tier stage set. Danced all day Saturday, danced in the show Sat. night (everyone did very well, thanks for the good wishes), tore down the set until about 11 Sat. night., then WENT OUT DANCING at a club until 2am!!!! (I must've been insane), then up and dancing again Sunday. Think I burned some calories? :lol:

I haven't been "out dancing" since 1988! :eek: I forgot how much fun it is....except for the men, and the drunks. At least there's no smoking in bars in Maine anymore. It was so funny, 8 bellydancers taking over the dancefloor at the only bar in Bangor with dancing.....let's just say, we danced for 90 minutes straight and the rest of the room just didn't know what to think of us :lol: They just kept staring and staring and every now and then one of 'em would get brave and try to talk to one of us and were totally snubbed. It was GIRLS night out.......I'm sure they thought we were all lesbians :lol3:

Anyway, I learned some interesting things this weekend that you all might be interested in. The first was a quote from our guest instructor. She's from California and has an amazing body and stamina even though she's nearing 60 (if not older?). She said "SWEAT is the fountain of youth! Bathe daily." I was also having a discussion about how intense periods of exercise raise metabolism, but not always immediately. I was talking about how all the exercise at Pennsic paid off the NEXT week (when I lost 4 pounds without doing anything). She said that her weight at any given time is totally dependent on what she did TWO WEEKS earlier! She has tracked herself over the years and it takes a full 14 days for her behavior (good or bad) to catch up to her. That was quite an eye opener for me.....sorta makes the whole "consistency is better than quantity" argument more valid for me. I also learned that I need to go out social dancing more! I had so much fun.....DH won't go with me, so I'm gonna have to either find a "safe" date or just go out with the girls more often.

So....enough about me.
WELCOME BACK SANDY!! We missed you.....it's nice to see all the familiar faces again. So, when's Pammie coming back??

AMANDA--WOOO HOOOOO on your loss!!! Congratulations girlie, you deserve it! Glad the cheese is finally gone :lol:

Faye--we need to get you one of those signs that says "__ days without an accident" only it'll read "__ days without Crap happening to me!" :lol:

Can't remember what's going on with everyone else........hope you all had great weekends too.

Later Babes,
Julie

Scuzin
09-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Happy Labor Day!
I got back from New Oreans last night. It was fabulous! I had such a good time the people, the buildings, the music, the ...well...the food :P Needless to say, my first time in town I wasn't going to hold back on local cuisine. I'll just work extra hard when I get back to my apartment (staying in my parent's house) where the gym is. It was strange though...because there was the football game in town, being in a completely different city, thoughsands of miles away and suddenly seeing groups of people left and right wearing your college colors. In case you doin't pay attention to football, my school played LSU one of THE TOP teams in the nation and ALMOST *cough* should have *cough* beat them. So even though we lost it was ont heck of a good game. We were expected to lose by 20 points and only lost by 1 and in over time at that.
Now I have to get used to Oregon again....I've always thought this place had no personality and after being in its cultural antithisis, I know it!!!

Julie - glad you had an awesome weekend too.

Welcome back to both sandy's!!!!!! Its so great to see so many people rejoinging!

gma22
09-06-2004, 08:23 PM

Sorry I didn't get back in here sooner but was gone all day. Finally got the car to the body shop and hopefully no more screwups to get it repaired!

OK LADIES, THERE ARE NO MORE HOLIDAYS UNTIL THANKSGIVING SO LET'S GIVE OURSELVES THE GIFT OF 4PTERS. (AND NO, NATIONAL SPAGHETTI EATING DAY IS NOT A HOLIDAY WE ACKNOWLEDGE! :lol: ) WE CAN DO THIS LADIES. SCHOOL HAS STARTED, VACATIONS ARE OVER AND WE CAN GET IN THE GROOVE AND START HUMMING. MY DH LIKES NASCAR RACING, HE IS A BIG TONY STEWART FAN AND ONE OF THE THINGS THE CARS DO IS DRAFT. THEY GET BEHIND A CAR AND USE ITS AERODYNAMICS TO GIVE THEM EXTRA SPEED. LET'S ALL TAKE TURNS AND HELP "DRAFT" EACH OTHER. WHEN WE SEE SLIPS, GIVE THEM SOME SPEED SO THEY CAN GET PAST THAT CURVE AND GET BACK UP TO WHERE THEY WANT TO BE!

You ladies all have a great evening. I am planning a new fall and winter strategy starting tomorrow. Besides walking, I have weights and bought two toning cords to use also to help with weight loss now that the pool is closing.
I got proper foods in the house and defatted the fridge and pantry of any fatty things that might possibly be there (not much to have to get rid of though)

Faye ;)

gigglez
09-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Evenign everyone!

Faye, let me know how the cords go I have thought about then a time or two. I think that it is a good idea to get a fall/winter plan together. Sounds like something that I should be doing.

Julie, I am in such a need of a girls nite out. I am happy that you had a chance to get out and enjoy yourself. Sounds as if you had a busy weekend.

Susan, sounds like you had a good trip. Wish that I could have went. LOL

OK babes, today was the start of my new life. The eating has been wonderful. As for water and exercise I lacked just a little getting the water in and the exercise I think that I should claim being awake as exercise today. Yesterday I put in over 14 hours and had about 5 hrs off and then I was back to work at 5 am today. Worked til 2 this afternoon. But I havent went off my eating plan which I think is alot! JUst wanted to check in before bed. Yes it is only 8 pm and I am going to go to bed,

Be good to yourselves!

gma22
09-07-2004, 03:17 AM
TUESDAY: today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is cleansing. Whether you do a body cleansing with medical help, ie, fiber drinks etc, or whether it is just something you are removing from your system, this is the week to do that. You may just want to remove impurities from your body, stop drinking soda, etc, or wash out all that sugar and fat. Look at your life and start this week to cleanse your body of the things it doesn't need to get you on a clean track.

Having one of those sleepless nights so thought I would set up the thread for today.

I will talk to you guys at a decent hour

gigglez
09-07-2004, 07:52 AM
Morning chickies!

Finally got some sleep! Now I am thinking about going back to bed after Corey gets on the bus. I know that if I moved some I would feel better but I know that my body is still run down.
As for the week of cleansing I have already started cutting back on sugar again!LOL! I have found myself a really good treat that isnt bad at all. I love tropical sno and the sf ones have only 40 cal that is for the large ones. I swear that they are addictive or something. Eventhough the sf flavors are limited but it is still ssooooo good. Just wanted to check in and say morning to everyone!

sandy

Satine
09-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Morning Everyone!! Boy alot of posts have happened since I did it Saturday, you girls have been busy re-tooling your programs, I think that is great, I wish you all the best!! :)

No, I did not get all of my painting done but got a pretty good dent in it, about 2/3's done so not too bad, we rested yesterday and just enjoyed the holiday, so back on tonight after work....

Julie - Glad you had such a good time over the weekend...I wish I lived closer to you, I love to go out too for a girls night...dh loves to go out to but only to a bar, not a club where you could dance...

Gigglez - I LOVE Goerge Carlin - he is sooooooooooo funny...good luck with cutting back on your sugar...

Faye - Girl, you were up late...good thing you didnt have to go to work today.

Susan - Glad to hear you had fun in New Orleans, of course who wouldnt have fun there right? I hear the food is great...I would like to get down there sometime.

Amanda - The cheese is gone? How sad...JK Good luck to you, good job on the swimming...

Sandybrat - Good luck on restarting your program!!

If I missed anyone I apologize, it is hard to keep up with all of you now, ha ha
:lol: :lol:

I am so tired this morning after sleeping in for three days...I am also really grumpy, guess I will just keep to myself at my desk today...I would rather be at home with my dh!!!

Catch ya all later

Scuzin
09-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Good Morning
Well this week is definately going to involve as much cleansing as I can after the weekend. I might not be able to work out like I want to because I don't have access to weights for the next week but there are still things I can do of course.

Everybody have a good tuesday

Mirabelly
09-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Morning ladies,
Quick post cuz I have to go pick up Ben from school. 3 points for me yesterday....I took a much needed day off from exercise.

Had to go to the dentist this morning and have a loose filling replaced. I take valium before hand for anxiety, so I'm like, reaally loopy right now. :D The good news was that I was able to just pull the old filling out, so he didn't have to drill, so no novacaine, no needles....YAYYY! I'm such a little wus about needles.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day. I'm going to take a nap and then get to work planning and strategizing for the fall like Faye suggested. Thinking about doing a pilates video today for my exercise. I'm slowly reclaiming my gym in the garage too.

Later Babes,
Julie

gma22
09-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Sounds like our group is ready to do the fall and winter weight loss. I am so proud of all of you. Some of you have overcome some huge obstacles and still keep plugging away. As for me, I did a mile walk this AM had a banana and a cup of dry Kaschi (I hate milk) and am on my second water so all is right today. I also talked to my dil. It is so cool to have a dil that initiates phone calls. She calls at least once a month and we always have such a good talk. Sounds like I might be a grandma again within another year. My ds wants babies really bad and she is pretty receptive to the point of buying a new car more condusive to children! WOOHOO! Can't wait for more babies even though I won't get to see their's too often.

SandyG: What is tropical sno?????? Sounds like snowcones or something.

Carri: Hope your grumps give way to sunny personality. It is the pits to feel grumpy.

Julie: Ben isn't sick is he? I know he only goes half day but it seems kind of early to get him from school already though I guess it is 11 am your time.

Susan: I went to Walmart and bought some weights and a pair of toning cords and spent less than $20 total. Maybe you should check out stuff like that for home when you can't get to the gym.

Well, I need to go lift some weights. I am trying to do all three everyday just space them out until I can handle long periods of time for each.

Have a great day

Faye

Sandybrat
09-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Hello BEAUTIFULS!!! I need a good cleansing... its nice to be on the same wave lenght... and i am getting back on track here today. toooooo many beers yesterday... so... i am cutting out beer completely... no more... i will need lots of strenght and support. I know i have said this before... but jsut reading the posts these past few days it makes the most sense to just cut it out completely... i hurt my foot yesterday on a metal cahir in the backyard.. so if i can get a shoe on my foot i will go for a walk... havent tried yet... i am afraid to...lol I made jambalaya last night for dinner. First time and jsut made up the recipe as i went... it turned out yummy.... i must say i was happy with the results. The neighbors like it too! My neighbors are having us over for dinner on Wed. its his birthday so we are having a meican fiesta! lol Hes leaving on the 14th for indiana and then will be off to Kuwiat by October 1st. i am going to get for now... hubby just got home so i will talk with him a bit. love to u all and good luck to everyone today... i will check in later chickies...

Sandy

gigglez
09-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Howdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have gotten a good start on staying op so far. The water will be no problem today and I am hoping that the exercise will get there as well. As for the tropical sno it is like a snow cone but so much better. It is shaved ice with flavor and that it is although you can get them with fruit and cream added as well. The ice is so fine perfect for me.

Juile, I am with you bout the needles and such. I havent thought about taking anything before i go to the dentist. Sounds like a good plan

Sandy, hope that your foot gets better. Nothing worse than a hurt limb. I much rather go without shoes so that part wouldnt bother me.

Time to head to work and face the real world today. Here's to everyone staying on plan.

sandy

Amanda Panda
09-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Just popping in to say Hi - wow, it has been busy over the last few days!

I'm doing fine - had a takeaway last night (bad) - but chose a veggie burger over a pizza (better), and went swimming today to work it all off! (good). I don't know why, but I found swimming hard work today - I just felt exhausted! I still managed to swim for 35 mins though (I usually do about 40 mins), so it's not too bad.

Good luck to everyone who is restarting their plan!

I think Faye has had a great idea about making a winter plan - although we are having a late summer here, it is glorious! I go swimming in an indoor pool so it is open all year round - yay!

Anyway, must fly!

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-08-2004, 05:31 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What can we help you with?

Got 4 pts yesterday, woohoo. I did a walk, some weights and toning cords so I am pretty sore. Water is a lot easier to exercise in! :lol: I am trying to eventually duplicate as much as I can what I do in the pool but I have to work up to it as it is harder with gravity.

Talk to you ladies later.

Sandybrat
09-08-2004, 09:14 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS... Well.. wentto the doc yesterday about my foot... no breaks that they can tell but as the doc put it... "you bruised the **** outta it" so its wrapped and i am hoobling around... at least i can sit at the computer and put it up... and be comfortable. Last night sleeping was hard... so i imagine i will nap today... then again ... maybe not...lol
I got points for op and h2o yesterday...no formal exercise but b4 i went to the drs i did do all my housework... i think thats what made it worse... it was alright in the morning... but the more i walked on it and used it the worse it got...lol oh yeah... had to get a tetanus shot as well... yippy... but probably a good thing as i can NOT remember when i got one last...lol
I hope u all have a great day... remember to take care of U... i will check back in later... my only woe for today is that my foot hurts like ****...lol love to u all...
Sandy

Mirabelly
09-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Good morning lovelies!

Well, yesterday turned out to be a total wash. All the valium I took in the morning for my dentist appt. put me to sleep for the whole afternoon :lol: It's ok though, I probably needed to catch up on sleep after this past weekend anyway. SO, I ended up with 2 points for food.

Dance class tonight, though, and am cooking a crock-pot dinner, so I should be on track for a 4 point day today. Faye, I don't know if you put me down for this quarter's challenge, but you can start me at 204. I'd better get cracking if I'm gonna make my goal for September.

Amanda, great going on the swimming....all the good behavior will catch up with you, even if it's not right away. Any news on the new business?

SandyB--hope your foot is feeling better today! Arnica works wonders on deep bruises. It's an herb and you can get it in a rub-on creme or as a pill (in the homeopathic section of your local healthfood store). Trust me, I KNOW bruises!!!

Faye--great going on your weights, etc. Are you still using that gazelle thingie? And no, Ben wasn't sick...he only has a 1/2 day of kindergarten. Not sure how much you can learn in 2.5 hours a day, but that's all they give him.

Sandygigglez--sounds like you're doing well with your new plan....keep it up!

Well, gotta fly.........I hope everyone has a great day! Wonder how Beth is doing with all these hurricanes?

Later Babes,
Julie

Amanda Panda
09-08-2004, 10:19 AM
Hello,

I got 4 points yesterday - yay!

The business is going slowly but surely - Nigel is doing lots of web design for it, and as he is still unwell he is taking a break from it for a week or so, which is fair enough.He still doesn't cope well with any stress or pressure, and nor do I really, so we need to take it really slow. I think I'll tell you what it is now - we are planning to sell designer children's clothes on the net and on ebay. The trouble with ebay is that other people sell them for so darn cheap that we really can't compete - i don't know where they get their stock from! We are really just starting it out as a hobby really, maybe it will grow into a viable business - I hope so! I think we'll be better off with a proper web based business, rather than competing on ebay - but at the moment we can't afford to bulk buy any stock, so our web pages would be pretty empty! We've managed to pick up 11 items of designer clothing in clearance sales, which we hope to sell on for a profit. If not, i'll keep them for my first daughter - they are all so beautiful!

Faye - Yes, exercising out of the water feels about 10 times harder doesn't it? I know that I find the exercise bike much harder than swimming! Well done for trying to establish a winter workout plan.

Julie - I bet you really needed that sleep after your busy weekend - and hey, at least you can't eat when you're asleep, right? :lol: I sort of agree with what that lady said about food having an effect on you a week or two down the line - Nigel says the same thing to me. I think that is why I always struggle so much, and never lose large amounts of weight - because my body is always playing 'catch up' from the occasional pizza or cheese sandwich! CONSISTENCY is right - Nigel always says that if I was on plan for 6 weeks , day in, day out, with no slip ups, then the weight would drop off. I'm better than I was, but I still find it hard to stay totally on plan for more than a week at the moment! :o

Sandy G - WEll done for getting back on plan - you sound really positive and motivated at the moment!

Sandy B - Sorry about your hurt foot. I know how frustrating it can be to be out of action when you're in a rhythm of exercising - i was the same last week with my blister, I was so upset that I couldn't go swimming. :coach: No more cleaning - rest it - and use the time to plan some low calorie menu's or something!

Carri - Hope you are feeling sunnier after your 'back to work blues'.

Susan - Glad you enjoyed your break in New Orleans - it sounds great!

Dorothy - Hi there! Hope your doing well getting back on plan!

Have a good day

Love Amanda x

Satine
09-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Morning everyone...I got 4 points yesterday, we worked on the house all evening, barely stopping to eat, we stopped about 10:00 and my arms are so sore from all of the painting...hurts to type here at work :lol: :lol:

Faye - Great job on the 4 pointer, you are off to a great start. :cb:

Julie - What was the name of that crockpot book again? I guess I could use my crockpot while I was showing the house, that would not make that much of a mess. Good to hear all went well at the dentist...I hate going too :D

Amanda - I think swimming is real tiring, my dh had a scholarship to college for his swimming - he is a beautiful butterflier, he still has records at our old high school that have not been beaten since like 1991!! We wish we could find a decent pool around here to swim in but so far we have not...good job!!!! :cp:

Sandybrat - Hope your foot gets better real soon !! :flow1:

Gigglez, Dot, and everyone stay OP and have a great day !!! :goodvibes

Mirabelly
09-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Hi there,
The crockpot book is called "Fix It and Forget It Lightly". It's everywhere around here...I picked my copy up in the grocery store. I just finished preparing chicken and veggies for tonight. All I did was put in boneless chicken breasts, some potatoes and frozen veggies, poured a bottle of light Italian salad dressing on top and turned the thing on! Can't get much easier than that!!! and it only has 200 calories per serving.

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
09-08-2004, 01:33 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Carri :bravo:
Faye :bravo:
SandyG :bravo:
SandyB :cp:
Julie :dancer:

Sandy: I have a walker and crutches I would lend to you if you were close. They are in the garage collecting dust. The stupid walker I used once when I slipped and fell in that restaurant and now am stuck with it but it was too expensive to just get rid of. Hope it heals and feels better soon. I broke the tiny bone in my foot like 30 years ago and I still feel it when the weather changes so I know how you must hurt. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Julie Yes I still have the glider I can use if I want but I kind of leave it to bad weather days. I am starting at a mile walk and 10 reps of 5 weight exercises and 5 toning cord exercises. That is enough until I build myself up. I use 5# weights, which isn't much I guess but I sure feel it.

Amanda: My sil started a business on ebay with 2 friends and just $300 apiece. After my dd and he married they bought out the friends and maxed out credit cards and bought stuff then were able to buy wholesale eventually. They were one of the top 5 Ebay sellers for 3 years (over a million in sales one year) then we think because of the economy at the time, people just quit buying. They now only do it during Christmas. Small business that is funded only by yourselves is hard until you get established. Make sure you pm me the web address because who knows I may be in the market for something you have one day (ummmmm not me personal heaven forbid :^: but for a new grandbaby!) :lol:

Carri: Just think of all those beautiful muscles in your arms! Yeah, like you care about that right now. I know painting can be a real pain. Luckily, I was really good at trim and Jack is 6'2" so he rollered and I did trim and small areas mostly laying on my tummy. Keep thinking $$$$$ when the house sells for a better price looking good.

Everyone did great yesterday and maybe we will have 100% 4 pts tomorrow!

Faye ;)

gigglez
09-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Afternoon chickies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't got much time so I will be brief. My woes will have to wait til later. The only thing that I have time to report is a 4 pointer yesterday and I am well on my way to another one.

Here;s to sunny thoughts today
sandy

Satine
09-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Afternoon everyone....it is nice and chili here, about 70 degrees here right now, I am LOVIN' it!!! My kind of weather... :)

Faye - Yes, underneath all this fat is some great arm muscles I am sure :lol:
I definitely need to trim these big ol arms up and pronto!! I will just be so glad when we are done with it all...the realtor is coming on Tuesday to get the sign in the yard and sign ppwk so we do not have much time...basically the whole downstairs is done, we are just touching up upstairs, but the master bedroom and spare bedroom have to be painted and that takes a while to cut it all in and do trim and doors, well you know....the hardest part about it is being broke, using all our extra money to put into the house...but like you said it will be worth it once we sell for good $$$$....

Julie - Thanks for the info, I will look for th book....

Later all, have a good one!!!

gma22
09-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Carri: We need to work on you subliminally! Look at your post and how you spelled the "cold" weather up there! :lol: :lol: I just noticed your complete states today and you are down almost 70 lbs, that is fabo!

SandyG: I stuck your smilie 4 pt up with the rest of us, so don't think that I forgot to post your pts.

Woohoo :cb: :cb: Faye had another 4pt day today! I am back on track girlies and thrilled to be so.

I watched Oprah today, which is still in reruns but I hadn't seen it about looking younger. What made me happy is that most of the things they talked about internally I am doing like eating the right foods, exercise, not smoking etc. The puzzling thing though is that the one doctor on the show said caffeine is GOOD for you. It prevents heart disease. He said just not to combine it with high sugar as in soft drinks. I thought it was bad for you because it speeds up the heart. Who knew? Course, I am NOT going to learn to love coffee just to get caffeine. Actually he said to drink green or black tea.

Ok, all you mamas out there, I need medical help! I have really really bad wax in my ears, BUT unlike most people, it is not the, (forgive me) gooey junk but really dry. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to dislodge by itself well and I always seem to be trying to dislodge it because it itches. Anyone use anything with their little ones that helps? I can't use a water flush as there is so much it sometimes traps the water and causes ear infections. I thought maybe I could use a little alcohol on a q-tip and carefully try and get it out. Maybe witchhazel? I am tired of having my ears itching all the time.

Have a good night girls

Faye :coffee: :nono:

gigglez
09-09-2004, 12:36 AM
Faye, wish that I had something for you on the ear thing.

OK I have a Wed woe. Here it is. I have been renting this place for 3 yrs+ and tonight when the man that I rent off of comes into the store and I tell him about the floor in front of my door getting ready to fall in and he tells me that he has sold this place. Then he says that he was going to tell me in a few more weeks. That is what pissed me off. I think that he was going to try to get another months rent from me first. That is what makes me so mad. Now here I am going to have to move, this weekend(9/11) is Corey's bday, next week I have to work 7 days at the store plus my keebler route, and the following I have to have surgery again. So the moving and such is going to be hard. I have got a place to go and look at on Sunday so there might be hope. The man that I was renting off of says that there is a place up a road near me but it is drug heaven and there is no way. OK I guess that I have vented I will shut up bout it.

Got in another 4 pointer today. Even with the aggervation I managed to stick with it!' YEAH for me!

Gotta go and get some rest.

Good thoughts for the wonderful new day ahead

sandy

gma22
09-09-2004, 07:04 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and take some time for you today!

Sandyg: I said a prayer and know things will work out for you!

later girls

gigglez
09-09-2004, 07:53 AM
Morning girls!

Faye, thanks so much for the prayer I can sure use all that I can get. I have been praying and I do know that all will be alright but I am looking for which direction to go. My mother wants me to move back in with her but I really hate to do that. She doesn't realize that it would be taking away so much that I have worked so hard for. On the other hand I kow that it will help each of us out with cash flow. There are times that I rather struggle than for someone else to be telling me when and what I can do. Enough said.

Up early here have to get a move on the day and get Corey's bday gift. I much rather sleep but I don't get a move on I wont get everthing in that I need to do before I go into work today. Anyone have any gift ideas for a up and comming scienist. I am considering a microscope but I am not too sure that he is mature enough and responsible enough to take care of it.

Carri, I can understand about puting all the extra cash into your house that you are going to be sellling. Like Faye has said the money later on but then again it isn't going to be there to help you now. Have you found anything that you like to consider buying yet? I would love to build(log home), and have the land to use but unfortantly there is mining going on and that wouldn't be wise for me to do.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post 4 for yesterday and here comes another 4 for today. I am keeping my aggervation at bay so that is helping me more than anything. Catch everyone later off to the showers and then the roads.

Sunny thoughts on this rainny day!

sandy

Mirabelly
09-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Morning Girlies!

4 points for me yesterday! woooohooooo..... Don't have any planned in exercise today, though, so I have to make myself do something.

Faye, there is something called an "ear candle" I've seen in healthfood stores. I'm not sure what it does, for all I know it may put wax IN your ears :?: But you might want to check it out on the internet. I've used alcohol and witchhazel on a q-tip for my kids, but they had sticky wax. For dry stuff, maybe mineral oil would be better. Ok, enough gross talk.

Sandy, I really hope you find a good solution to your moving situation. I understand your not wanting to move in with mom....maybe a whole different neighborhood would be good for you? It really S*cks that your landlord wasn't going to tell you until the last minute!! Don't let the stress throw you off your 4 pointers, though, you're doing great!

Amanda, ebay just isn't what it used to be! I sold dancewear and costumes there for a long time and made pretty good money....but ever since 9/11, the war in Iraq, and the economy being so crappy, people just don't seem to be buying there much anymore. Unless they are paying totally crap prices for good merchandise. I think the trick is to find a product that people really want and then find a wholesale supplier. It's really easy to get a wholesale license in the states, I don't know about UK. Good luck, I hope children's clothing is a better market than belly dance costumes! :lol:

Carrie--70 pounds! WOW :eek: every now and then you gotta look at those stats and see how far you've come. Hope the painting is almost done!

Well, I gotta get going now.....everyone have a super day.
Julie

gma22
09-09-2004, 10:12 AM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:

Good job so far, what about the rest of you?

SandyG How old is Corey? Would he like something he could do an experiment with? I know a lot of kids like that kind of stuff and you can get kits of different things if you feel he is not ready for something like a microscope. You might want to even ask his teacher for suggestions Oh and before taking a hike on your rental property, check with the state regs on notice given to tenants. He may not be able to oust you so fast. Most states give you like 60-90 days.

Julie Thanks for the tips. I have got to do something they drive me nuts.

Everyone have a good day. It is errand and grocery day for me oh joy!

Julie

Satine
09-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Morning All - I am late to post as I am late getting to work...last night around 10:00p I got really hungry for some reason, I made myself two "full fat" beef hot dogs with everything and ate them...well not only was this bad for my diet ( sorry I cannot add to the list of 4 pointers ) but I woke up this morning with really painful diareah ( sp? ) and feeling very sick to my stomach :(
I tried laying there for a while to see if it would go away and it did after about two hours so I came on it to work...I guess I will not be eating any more hot dogs soon ( or just my Healthy Choice ones ) :lol:

Julie and Faye - Thanks for the congrats on the 70 pounds down, I guess I have never looked at it that way, but you are right, that is alot of weight, I have come far but need to go quite a bit further...thanks for bringing that to my attn though, it was the boost I needed :)

Gigglez - So sorry to hear about your home...I know you will find something
( maybe even better than what you have now ) ... I know it is a pain to move but maybe this happened for a reason...good luck, and great job on your four pointers!!
About me moving no we don't have a house in mind yet, my dh may want to build a brand new one ( we built the one we are living in now too )...so we may be living in an apt until one gets built, depending on how fast our house sells...Yes I like log cabins too, but getting the land would be hard.

Everyone I will check in later, have a good one!! Oh and p.s. I did get confirmation yesterday that I am getting that job I wanted!!!!!!!! Now I just have to wait for HR to make me an offer, probably first of next week!!!

Later!!!

Amanda Panda
09-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Hi all,

I got another 4 pointer yesterday! I wasn't planning to do any exercise, but in the early evening I was going a bit mental with too much excess energy so I hoovered the house from top to bottom! It was an absolute pit and took me an hour and I was dripping in sweat, so I'm definately counting it as exercise!

I'm set for another 4 pointer today as I've already been swimming - the shallow end was roped off for an 'aquababies' session, which got me all broody! Me and Nigel REALLY want to start a family, we talk about it all the time - so it is so important that I lose all this weight NOW. I definately feel I'm on the right track now - I just need to stick to it!

Have you heard about the hurricane in the Caribbean? I know in Grenada, 90% of the island has been devastated, and Barbados (which is where we are thinking of getting married) has been hit aswell. Lets pray for the people of Jamaica and Cuba which is where it is heading, and pray that it dies out before it reaches Florida - another hurricane for them would be awful.

Sandy G - Aren't landlords awful - they really are the pits! He is so out of order for springing this on you at the last minute - and like Faye says, you've got tenants rights, so don't let him force you out before you legally have to go. I hope you find a nice place - I will pray for you and Corey, and ask God to find you both a lovely place in a good area. I got chucked out of a flat at short notice once, it felt like the end of the world at the time - but in fact God moved me into my present flat which is gorgeous and in a beautiful area, and I'm so glad I moved. Happy Birthday to Corey - it must be hard for him to have a birthday on September 11th.

Must fly :angel:

Amanda x

Sandybrat
09-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Hello BEAUTIFULS!! Well i managed to get a 4 pointer yesterday... and so far so good on today. My foot is better as well... but the only thing bruised now is my toes... all of them... looks really strange...lol I will check back in later gals... love to u all
Sandy

gma22
09-09-2004, 08:14 PM
POINTS WRAPUP:

Carri :grouphug: for her hot dog poopies!

Carri Hope you feel better. The one thing I miss terribly about Indiana is Echrich hot dogs. They don't have them down here. I don't know if they have a lowfat or ff variety, but I may check it out while I am there for Thanksgiving because our hd choices stink and I like hd once in awhile.

Boy what a day I had, but stayed op so got my 4 pts again! yeah!
I am sooooooo pooped. I got up with Jack this morning, took him to work, came back and walked a mile, showered and dressed, started a load of laundry, went to the commissary, which took THREE HOURS. They had 3 checkers and one was the 10 items or less lane! Came home and put it all away then zipped over to Walmart's and finished up what the commissary didn't have, came home and put it away then had to go and get Jack (oh I did sit still for 30 minutes and let someone do my nails at Walmart as I didn't have time to go to my regular nail salon.) Got back home, we went to dinner at Bob Evans, then to Walmart to get stuff for a cookout Jack and 4 other guys are doing at work tomorrow, came home and made apple squares for his cookout, folded laundry and hauled it upstairs and put it away and hauled up all the upstairs grocery stuff and put it away.

Here's hoping with the good job all of you are doing that everyone has lbs down tomorrow. :crossed:

Have a nice night ladies

gigglez
09-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Evening all.

First of all another 4 pointer for me today YEAH!

gma22
09-10-2004, 04:53 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Let's hear those scales lowering girls!

check in later ladies

gigglez
09-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Yeah for me down 1. I will take whatever I can get!

Later

gma22
09-10-2004, 08:21 AM
I had a whopping 10 lb loss. I don't know why I slip backwards when I do so well if I behave myself. Mind over matter I guess. I also had another 4pt day

later

Mirabelly
09-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Good Morning Girlies

Only 2 points for me yesterday :( I'm seriously lacking in the exercise/water department. So no pounds down, but no pounds up either...I just came off a TOM week where I always eat more anyway. So, at least I'm stable at 204.

I'm in appliance **** right now. I need a new vacuum cleaner really badly, but my dishwasher broke on Monday....I'm supposed to get a visit from the repairman fairy today. I'm hoping that the dishwasher fix won't be too expensive so I can go get the vacuum.

Time to get kids to school.....sandyb, Way to Go on your 4 pointers, you're on a roll. :cp:

Hope you all have better pounds down news than I did!

Julie

Mirabelly
09-10-2004, 08:24 AM
Whoa! didn't see the losses from Faye and Sandy....

WOOO HOOOOOOO for YOOOOOO Ladies!! Way to go!

Julie

Sandybrat
09-10-2004, 08:58 AM
GOOD MORNING BEATUIFULS!!!!! I am happy to report a 4 lb loss!! woooooo hooooooo... had another 4 point day yesterday... altho the exercise was not much but its the best i can do with my hurt foot. Its still pretty sore... but more of an achiness... like the deep bruises are healing... Anyway... we are going jetskiing today... i cant wait... i LOVE it!! its so much fun and great exercise... besides i could use some sun... LOL Congrats to all the other loosers out here... and a big WTG to everyone for doing their best. I am in total argreement with u Faye... why do i not stay op when i loose when i do... LOL
My hubby has a job interview in Kentucky next Friday. Where in KY are you again Sandy? He has to go to jackson and to sommerset. Sounds like a great job... standing up for people... its the kind of law he has always wanted to practice... I think it would make him a happier person doing good for people instead of a corporation. Well guess i have babbled enuf for now... love to u all... remember to take care of U... i will check back later...
Sunshine and laughter....
Sandy

Satine
09-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Good morning everyone, so so glad it is Friday...from all the work I have been doing on the house all evenings, I really need to sleep in tomorrow morning...

Faye - WOW on the loss, 10 pounds really? That is crazy. Put all your efforts into sticking with it and you will be in Twoterville in no time, maybe next couple of weeks at that rate. Great job!!!

Sandy - WTG on your pound down !!! :)

As I sit here at work everyone is eating French Toast that someone brought in, I am trying very hard not have any ... also we are having a pitch in for lunch and a couple of people made that 7 layer mexican dip that I absolutely love...but I REALLY need to stay away from it, I need your help Girls, wish me strength!!!

I do not know if I had any pounds down this week, with the house in disaray
(sp?) the scales are in a box in the garage until we get the bathrooms fixed and back in order...I will pull them out in the next couple of days...

Had a 3 pointer yesterday.

Talk later...

Satine
09-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Sorry Sandy-brat, forgot to acknowledge your big 4 pound loss, CONGRATS!!!!

gma22
09-10-2004, 12:27 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Carri :cp:
Julie :dancer:

LBS DOWN: FOR GROUP SO FAR TOTAL IS 15!

SandyB :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale
SandyG:goodscale
Faye :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale
Amanda :goodscale :goodscale

Carri: If it drives you mad, take a tablespoon or so and don't use chips. See if there are some saltines or something in you office kitchen or whatever. Otherwise, hang in there girl and load your plate with good stuff if you can. I have an absolute lowfat recipe for that stuff.

SandyB Since your hubby works corporate and you are in the uppermidwest, ask hubby if he has ever heard of the Baker and Daniels firm in Indiana. It is like the #2 firm in the state. I worked there for 6 years.

Well, the darn car was supposed to be done, but the part didn't fit and they had to get a part from the mercury dealership and now the thing may not be done today. We only have the rental through Sunday evening and I don't feel we can afford another one. Say a prayer it will get done before the day is out today! We have no one to help us out if we find it won't be ready in time!

gigglez
09-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Howdy everyone!

SandyB, I am LittCarr which is about a 45 min drive to Jackson but I go there every Sat to work my Keebler route. Somerset is a few hours away. Don't know what type of area you all are in but tell him to prepare for a culture shock when he comes to Jackson. Little information aside for the question of you aint from round here are you, people tend not to trust outsiders here and it is extremly hard to get things accomplished. As for Somerset I haven't been there is such a long time I would be honestly afraid to tell you what to expect. If you decided to come with him let me know maybe we could get a chance to meet. Wishing your dh the best of luck.

Carrie, just think mexican bad! Maybe you can have it though how many pts is in it? Also do you bank points that is the way to go with WW.

Juile, hope that the reapir fairy is good to you and leaves you with much money to buy a vacum cleaner. I think that I would love to have a really sexy man clean for me thought. OK, a girl can wish can't she?

Faye, lots of luck with your car. A few weeks ago I went thru car probelms, blew the head gasket on mine. Got it repaired really cheap(pays to have friends that own a garage). The sad part is that it was in the shop for over a week. Will be saying a prayer for you.

Looks as if everyone is having lots of losses. Keep up the good luck girls!!!!

Went and saw the place that I am going to see if I can get into. Only saw it from the outside only seeing how the guy that is going to show it to me wont be able to til Sunday. Might be able to get a better deal he works with me at the store so that just might help. He knows me well enough that I am not going to destroy anytthing. Girls please keep in your prayers

TIme for work. Lifes a ball get out and play

sandy

Sandybrat
09-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Faye prayers said...lol and thanks for the tip on the law firm... but hubby doesnt want to work corporate any longer... actaully he never really did and this job he had with menards just proved to him why...lol I truly believe things happen for a reason and that being said he needed ot get out of menards... so this is the best thing that could have happened... it gave him the kick in the *** he needed to get out and find what he really wants to do.
well... am still doing the laundry...lol but getting ready to go o ut and jetski... i hope i can without hurting my foot any more... its much better... but by the end of the day its achy... but its understandable i guess. I was so happy about my weight loss...and its like i wasnt even trying... just making good choices... LOL well everyone have a great day... love to u all...
Sandy

Scuzin
09-10-2004, 01:32 PM
HI
Sorry its been a few days....the web site once again randomly decided to stop sending me post notices....not that that'a real excuse...This week has been hard but its getting better. I'll feel so much better when I'm back at the gym. Check in later...have a great day!

Amanda Panda
09-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Hi ,

4 points for me yesterday - and I'm down another 2lb!

Well done everyone on your losses (and maintains).

I went to visit a local charity today to offer to do some voluntary work for them. It is a cancer charity, 'Marie Curie Cancer Care' who provide free home nursing and hospices for the terminally ill. I'm just going to help do some admin in their office for a few hours each week. It felt a bit overwhelming going to meet them all - I haven't worked for 2 years and have lost so much confidence - so a volunteer job will be good for me. I'm also going to work for a half day in the local charity shop for the 'Peoples Dispensary For Sick Animals' (which provide free vetinary treatment for people who are on benefits - for their pets that is! :lol: )

So with all that, and swimming 3 times per week - I'm going to be quite busy!

Have a great weekend

Love Amanda x

Scuzin
09-10-2004, 06:09 PM
little update - while food has been going badly, a little while ago I found an old dumbell we have and gave my arms a nice little work out, plus I'm drinking water again for the 1st time in days....yay, just had to share. Congrats on all the losses!

gigglez
09-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Hey ladies just wanted to check in with everyone. Today really sucked. While I didn't overeat it was what I had that screw it up for me. I think that I was totally stress today and was exhausted things just were not going to click for me. Oh well tomorrow is another day. I am going to allow for a small peice of cake(the big #8) and that will be my treat.

Susan WTG on the arm workout.

Sleep is calling catch everyone later.

sandy

gma22
09-11-2004, 03:40 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #83