Old 09-04-2004, 03:53 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Chit Chat #75

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group that shares all the daily aspects of our lives with each other... not just weight loss. Won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:05 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies,

Katy - I know how you feel about missing your son's first game! But I really think that if you go to most of them, that's what he'll remember - not that you missed this one. And if it still seems like something you just can't do, maybe you could skip the meeting?

Jen - hope your cat is out of pain, one way or another. At least you know that you have given this kitty the very best life she could ever have had. But it's still painful for you to go through. Way to go on the new job! I think you're right, maybe you should give your resignation to the prez since you can't trust your boss.

Mindee - I agree that seeing a loss on the scale is a good incentive! Yay for you!

Susan - not sure what you weighed before, but YAY for you anyway! Have fun shopping.

Marti - glad you maintained through TOM. Sounds like this would be a good weekend for you to read and relax.

Hi to the others.

Katie, the twins and I all have a nasty cold. What a waste of a good weekend, lol. I'm trying to get the laundry done between naps.

Toodles,
Old 09-04-2004, 10:06 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Hello again ladies--

Had a great day. Went over to my grandpa's....my sister was there w/her DD, they stopped in on their way to camping. My Uncle from Washington is there to visit until Tues. and my mom & dad stopped in and my Aunt! So I stayed there most of the day, had dinner, did some laundry for grandpa....cleaned up the kitchen and enjoyed catching up with everyone. I got to share my news with them all about getting the job. My grandpa is worried about my hours. But I told him I'll be ok.

So, my day of doing nothing and being alone turned into a little family gathering. Which was very nice!

Talked to my mom & dad about my sister & brother in Florida......they tried calling both also today (I had tried earlier this morning) and there is no answer to either...so we're thinking they're among the thousands who have been evacuated. I hope they call us from somewhere to let us know they're ok!!

Jana--- Take care of yourself.....colds are just terrible!

Hello to the rest of you girls!! Hope you're having a great weekend.

I'm going to go out to the deck, read a book, and listen to the races going on!

Take Care!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 10:44 PM   #4  
RosieKate

I'm back - have a little time before we all sit down to watch the Amazing Race. So I'm just twiddlling my thumbs.....

Marti - Yay about the new job! Hope your sister and brother are alright. I haven't tried to get hold of my cousin, I'm sure all the lines are knocked out. Sounded like they weren't evacuating, so I'm just hoping for the best. http://www.wftv.com this is website for a central Florida news station that is hurricane proof and is running 24hour streaming video weather coverage. I'm going to check it out after I leave here tonight.

Susan - Mmmm...margarita...mmmm I need one like no one's business - school really needs to start, know what I mean? PM me times that are good - would love to meet up.

Jana - hope you feel better soon. Believe me, if I could dump the meeting, I would. It's Orientation for the preschool and i have been informed that my presence is required with no early dismissals as i am a board member. I do plan on mentioning in my feedback that orientations on Saturday during soccer season are NOT a good idea. It's frustrating, when we were at this school before they had orientation during the week in the evening - wonder whose brainchild it was to change it - not someone with older children, I bet.

Well, after a few days of adjusting, the Core has been going pretty well. I am going to give it another week and make sure I use the activity and flex points. For me that will be the key to not feeling deprived of anything ( which I tend to do when I have a list of foods to choose from) The foods on Core are similar to what I ate on the Zone, so I tried to organize my meals in zone fashion. This week I mostly used the points on bagels, soy nut butter, Healthy Choice ice cream sandwiches, and I splurged on some Izzy's pizza today. I bought some Laughing Cow cheese which is not Core, but only 1 point for each wedge. It tastes a whole lot better than FF cheese....and I got used to skim milk - a miracle! I have to say I really like not worrying about portions for things like skim milk, fruits and veggies, FF popcorn - very liberating!

Just thought I'd post that feedback as I know some are thinking about Core. I still like flex, and will probably go back and forth depending on what's going on in my life.

Later, gals
Katy
Old 09-05-2004, 03:20 AM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hola everyone!
Im home and tanned,,,exhausted but tanned..lol
Took alot longer to get home because of the hurricane,,,did some major detours. Didn't really effect us weather wise other then some winds and the ocean was kinda dirty, on Friday.
Anyways it like 1:30 am drank too much coffee and well Im finally coming down off my high and am going to bed.
night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:58 AM   #6  

Happy Sunday Everybody!
Slept in really late today and am now trying to decide what to do.......
Had planned to take DD out for some of her school supplies, but well, am waiting for her to get ready.....
Will probably just do my own thing (housework and WATP workout) and decide what to make for supper. Was very excited yesterday- store nearby had 25% off on Weight Watchers entrees. Bought a bunch to have on hand for quick suppers after work- just have to watch the sodium!
Hope you all have a good day- talk to ya later! Barb
barb64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 03:23 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Angie!!!!! So glad you are safely back! I've been worried that somehow you got into the winds and flood of Frances, if not the actual hurricane. We want a detailed report of your vacation as soon as you are rested enough to share. And pictures too, if you can.

Marti - do you get to see your parents much? Glad you're having a relaxing weekend. I bet the family is proud of you for landing the job at OML!

Katy - yes, how odd that the meeting is being held on a Saturday! Saturdays and Sundays are for family.... everyone knows that! Hope they won't be holding all the meetings on the weekend. Yay for you doing so well with Core! I wrote you a note at the other thread before coming here, lol.

Barb - have a good day with your DD!

Hope all the MIA Jaded Ladies are having a glorious weekend!

I feel a little better only because I'm on drugs, lol. I have "medicine head", and feel as though I'm in slow motion. Neal and Katie did most of the Sunday dinner preparations, and all I've done is lie around. I didn't do any exercises yesterday and today's isn't looking good, either.

It's hot and humid here in Indiana, but my personal weatherman said we'll get a break by Wednesday. Yay for that!!

ttfn,
Old 09-05-2004, 03:36 PM   #8  

Afternoon ladies!!

Angie--I'm so glad you're back too! Yes....we want to see photos! I'm glad that you were not affected by Frances! That was a fear we all had! Enjoy time resting and as soon as you get....come and tell us how it all went.

Katy--I looked at the site you posted. I seen that the Hurricane was suppose to be near my sisters...but I have not idea if it did or not. My family keeps trying to get in touch with her. Glad you're having luck with CORE also. I think it's to strict for me to want to follow. But it's always nice to read that it works for some people.

Barb--The sodium in those entree's are always what keeps me from buying any. I used to have them for lunch all the time at work until I had to work on my HBP. So when I do get any....it's only once in a great while.

Jana--Oh I hope you start to feeling better soon. I hate getting sick. Do you have a Sunday dinner with lots of family every Sunday? I'm glad your family is letting you rest!

I'm not doing much today....going to go to Walmart and get myself some IBProfin. Nothing like having cramps and having nothing in the house to calm them.

Speaking of HBP.......when I went in to have the health assessment....they took my pressure.....I was thrilled. 170/80!! That is very good. So I was happy to know it's ok. Going by the machines at the stores just isn't as realiable.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend...I'll pop in later.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #9  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hey ladies!!

nothing really new here just figured I would jump on here real quickly. Nothing planned for us today or tomorrow. I told my hubby that he owed me a WHOLE day of romantic stuff, since I set up a romantic evening one night last week after Brandon went to bed. He goes "a whole day? why a whole day?" Then I told him about my romantic night I made for him, and he goes "by why a whole day?" and I said "because I said so." He goes "ok....I think I can do that."
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:28 PM   #10  

Default Hey Gals!!!!

Sorry I havent posted since friday, I've been non stop the past two days..... I bought myself some new workout tapes and I've been using them like crazy!!! But I didnt weigh in this morning, because Im finishing my TOM, and I was afraid I was too bloated and may not have lost, or maybe even gained from water weight....so I may step on tomorrow for the heck of it....I'll let you know how it goes....Just did a lot of house cleaning and helped a friend with a few things today....Tomorrow I have to mow the lawn at my house and then mow the lawn at my mom's house, plus run some errands with my friend, cause she doesnt have a car right now!!! And then its back to work tuesday, so it wasnt much of a relaxing weekend!!!

JANA, Sorry to hear that CORE didnt work for you, i did catch the post on the 3" off the thighs....I didnt even think anything about it...lolhaha

KATY, on the flip side, glad to hear you are happy with the CORE program!!
Hope you have some success with it!

MARTI: I feel your pain, my TOM has really wrecked my three day weekend..

To all you other gals....ANGIE, CRISTI, MINDEE, JEN, SHANNA, BARB... hope everything is going well....and I'll check in tomorrow girls!!!

Nightie Night

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:52 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies, sorry haven't had the chance to get on the 'puter. I was on earlier but had to get off. Just have a few minutes to post now and really don't have much to say but wanted to say Hi. I most likely won't be on tomorrow either but will try to catch up Tuesday when everyone is back to their regular schedules.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. TTFN
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #12  

Thought I would pop in real quick.

Cristi--Want to say HI back to you!! I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Today has been a very relaxed day for me. I went to walmart and OMG....it's in turmoil. They're remodeling and you would think that would keep people away....but nope, it was so crowded! Almost like when it first opened. I just wanted some IBProfin and then get out!

Mindee--Hope your husband does something real nice for ya. I told James to buy me some kind of souvenir. He laughed....saying he wasn't THAT far out of town and what do I need a souvenir for? I told him that I just want something. (I'm needy)

I've been thinking of how Christmas is just around the corner!! I can't believe how fast time is flying. I must start a list for James & Jhanai. And then some other items for the gift exchange with the rest of my family. I was talking to my aunt yesterday for a great Christmas gift for everyone in the family. Out in the shed is a stack a paintings my grandma had done years ago. She was in a painting class. I told her that I want to get out there, and sort through the ones that are finished. Then have my grandpa make frames...I will stain or paint them and we'll put them together. Then...we'll determine which painting fits which family and have it be from both grandpa & grandma. My aunt loved the idea. I'm not sure if she'll remember to bring it up to my grandpa but I'm going over there tomorrow and I will tell him myself because I think that would be something special.

well ladies.....I'm going to clean up my kitchen after I take a browse around the boards.

Take care
Old 09-06-2004, 12:31 AM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello Ladies,
Had to laugh this morning I woke up too early and had to go back down for another hour,,,showered and went off with Tanner to pick up Skittles at the dog resort. I figured she would be excited to see us,,,well she was...kinda but she actually had this look on her face like,,,ah man you gonna take me away from here I bet...lol She got a lil doggie report card,,,about all that she did. And to be honest I wish I was a dog! Play dates,,,her friends are Oscar, Mimi and Macee...she had daily massages...how cruel of me to take her from that! This place is awesome,,lol

Anyways got her home and well had to take another nap. In between naps I more or less finished my laundry except one load. Did some shopping, milk/bread/ fruit
Monte said he was painting the boys rooms so we went to Sears for the paint, and got an awesome deal! Then to Canadian Tire for a sander he had seen on sale...
I then had a going away party to go to, which was great...the food was outstanding and I left so bloated...arghh The food in Cuba was not that great...*shudder

Anyways the things we did, we got to Cuba at about 6 pm we put our luggage in our rooms and went for dinner,,,then the kids swam while we had cappicinos (Im adicted now) actually Monte had beer,,,lots and lots of beer there
Got to bed around 10 ish each night.
Didn't do anything but book tours on Sunday,,relaxed at the beach and pool on Monday too. Infact had to much sun,,,we all burned,,,Brandon the worst,,,he had heat stroke,,,pukey and in pain...made him sleep and take gravol
We went on a tour called Caves and Corals...which was us going on a glass bottom boat and checking out all the fish and coral. Then we went to some caves in Mantanza City, and checked out the can't remember the proper name,,,they look like icicles...that I didnt' care for,,,lots of stairs,,,going down to 750 meters below,,,in cold damp, uneven ground...and the power going out so we were left in the dark,,,
Then Wed we went on a tour called Rio Canimar,,,,which was so much fun. We went snorkeling in a fresh water cave...spooky. Then we went to the corals which are about 100 meters from shore...very rocky and hard. But the boys did it...Brandon cut his leg on some coral,,,it bled alot but is ok now. Fed the fish...which was totally cool.
Then we took a boat ride on the Rio river to a farm and went horse back riding, and rowing in the river,,,I picked mangos from the trees,,,learned out to eat them like candy. So much fun.
Then Thursday we went to Havana there is old Havana and New Havana,,by a 100 years,,,which really is no different,,,pretty old buildings...I didn't like this tour guide and had issues with him. We went to a cemetary which is similar to New Orleans,,,above grounds. Then to the Parliment building which was interesting, Monte bought an authentic gun, that was made in the 1800s Checked out where Ernest Hemmingway drank...I didn't go in just saw the bar...like I cared. Went shopping in a market,,,watched young boys try to pick pocket people...fasinating...lol Got caught in a major rain,,,before I was sweating and hot, after the rain I was wet and hot,,,same difference.
My hair was not once dry there,,,it was hot,,,no breeze which is normal there but because of the huge hurricanes there was nothing,,,it was brutal.
Flying home was interesting, had to do a detour, throu Texas, Tennesse, Nebraska, and so forth...and the ride was rough. We did notice on Friday when Francis was close that the Ocean was pretty choppy and dirty.
Do have alot of pics to share and will get them developed as soon as I can.
Have to get to bed,,,,work tomorrow even though its a holiday...grrrr
night all
angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:16 AM   #14  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

Nothing new here, same stuff different day. He is still kind of sick, but he is still a happy sick. Tommy on the other hand is another story.

I just realized that I had never posted any pictures of his nursery anywhere. So I am going to find them and then scan them and put them as a link on his webpage! The scanner doesn’t want to work today, so I will keep checking on it. It has been very touchy lately. We also had to buy him some size 2 diapers today! He is getting so big!!!

Oh yeah…..we finally got his card from President and Mrs. Bush for being born. It took me sending the request three times, but hey whatever it takes right? We are planning on framing his and ours when we get the chance! (I will find the address and post it so you other mothers, well everyone, can take advantage of it.)

My little boy is growing up so quickly!! It took me two hours, but I managed to get through his dressers and his closet and box up the 0-3 month size clothes. Now my little man is in size 3-6 months. In cleaning out everything, I realized one thing! We need to buy him some pajamas that he can wear now! The majority of his dresser were 0-3 month and then 9months and higher. He does have a ton of sweet pea pajamas. (the ones that look like long gowns) so those will help tide him over until we can get him so more pajamas.

Marti~ My hubby is really good in the romance department, once he gets a swift kick in the rear. For our romantic night that I did for us, I light all the candles in the living room, got Brandon to sleep and in bed, put a movie in for us, and then it was up to him from there. So hopefully Monday will be the romantic day since he got everything he wanted to do done on Sunday. But we shall see.

Speaking of Christmas, I should get a list started as well. I am not sure how money will be at the time when we go shopping, but I should start a preliminary list and if we have to knock it down then so be it. (coming from a HUGE family, I can’t help but want to buy for everyone, but since money is an issue, sometimes people get bumped and I end up feeling so bad because of it.) I love doing paint by numbers, so maybe I will pick some up and do them for the nieces and nephews. I have a beach scene that I did for Brandon when I was pregnant with him, but I need to get a frame for it and then find a place in his room for Tommy to put it.

Angie~ That dog resort sounds awesome!! Your trip sounds like it was a lot of fun! I can’t wait to see pictures from it!!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:01 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Happy Labor Day, Ladies,

Marti - glad your blood pressure is under control... Neal's is too, finally, after about 4 different meds. It was hard to find one that would lower it without making him like a zombie. Good idea about the paintings! Your grandma would be proud of you.

Mindee - here's hoping you have the best, romantic day ever with Tommy! Let us know how it went.

Julie - well, I did lose 2 1/2 pounds with Core, but am so glad to get back to Flex. Sheesh, your day today sounds awfully "laborish" lol. Hope you get some time to just relax.

Cristi - I was just about to send out the posse to look for you, Missy, lol. Have a good day! Any special plans?

Angie - well your trip sounds really fun and eventful, and it made me tired just reading about it! What was wrong with the food? I had to laugh when you mentioned you had issues with the guide in Havanna. I bet you were really glad to get back home and see Skittles. Even if he is terribly spoiled now, lol. Yep, we want photos!

Katy - good luck with weigh in today! You worked hard, and I hope you have a nice loss - you deserve it!

Jen - how's the cat? I've been thinking about you, and wishing there was something I could do.

Shanna - hope you're enjoying your "vacation"! Are you going to post your scrapbook pages?

Susan - what's new with you? Hope you're having a good weekend.

Sue - how're things up in your neck of the woods?

Katiecat - how's the family? Good think you're going to Disneyland and not Walt Disney World... the rumor is they have had some major damage. Hope it's all back to normal soon.

Kathy(luckycharm) - hope you're having a great weekend... pop in and say hi when you have time.

Hi to any Jaded Ladies I may have missed.

Well, you won't believe it, but I'm going to the funeral home again. This time, it's not someone too close to me, though. It's my son's biological paternal uncle. I have stayed close to my ex's family, and just love my ex MIL. She is a sweetie and I hate to see her in pain from the death of her son. I'll be going down to Evansville with my DS for the viewing.

I'm feeling a lot better today, and will try to be back later. Gotta get my hair color ...uh.... refreshed!