Old 09-04-2004, 09:18 AM   #1  

Default LAWL & Friends # 83

Hi all:
I think we were ready for a new thread.
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:53 PM   #2  

Diane - glad to see you're still with us!! Hope your long weekend is beautiful.
beachlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:25 PM   #3  

Hi beach:
congrats reaching statbilization are you exctied?
Diane
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:41 AM   #4  
237/207/130

Kristi
Congrats! That is a huge accomplishment.

I am on Day 3 and doing pretty good. Yesterday, I had a very hard time eating. I was tired and did not feel like eating much. However, I did get all my food in.

I did wake up with a sore throat I hope it doesn't last because this is not the time for me to get sick!!

Can someone give me a heads up on the bulk rate for the La Lites? I swear I asked this on the other thread, but never found where I had asked it.

I really loved the lemon and cookie dough bars. Are the shakes and soups really good, too?
pinkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 01:24 PM   #5  

Hi everyone! Having a good holiday weekend so far?

Pink - The deal I was offered for the Lites was $10 a box if I bought them in bulk at the beginning of the program instead of $14 a box if I bought them as I went along. I ended up taking the bulk deal because I wanted to make the investment so I'd be less likely to quit the program halfway through.

I haven't tried the soup since I don't much like soup anyway. The shakes in my opinion are borderline OK. If I just mix them with water like the instructions say, I think they're kind of gross, but if I mix them in the blender with ice and water, they're a little better. I also made a vanilla one the other day blended with frozen blueberries and that was pretty good. I just picked up one of those little popsicle mold thingies and I'm gonna try mixing up the shakes and freezing them into popsicles. I'll let you know how they come out. Hmmm... I haven't tried the fruit drinks yet, but they might be good for popsicles, too. The girl at my center said that most people don't like the fruit drinks.

I definitely prefer the bars to the shakes, though. The bars fill me up more and just feel more like "real" food, you know?
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:53 AM   #6  
237/207/130

Thanks aimtastic!

When you do commit to buying them in bulk, do you buy a years supply or what? I am really curious how many you are supposed to buy the first time in order to keep getting the bulk rate price.

I am sicker than a dog. First the sore throat and now the rest of my body is killing me. I have managed to get all my food in, but it's been a bigger chore than yesterday.
I sure hope that I feel better soon, because preparing all this food takes a lot of work and all I want to do is sleep
Old 09-06-2004, 10:30 AM   #7  

Hey Pink - they way they do it at MY center (again, not everyone does it the same) is they will offer you say, three packages - your entire program, your weightloss weeks plus half your maintenance, or your weight loss weeks plus stabilization, and ask you which program sounds best. You then say, "I can't afford any of those, what if I want to buy less?" Then at my center it breaks down like this...

40+ "single" boxes (mine doesn't carry the 14-count boxes) get the best price at $10.50 per box...20-39 boxes you pay $11 per box, and less than 20 you pay "full price" or $14 per box.

Personally I can handle budgeting for 10 weeks at a time (20 boxes) a lot easier than I can handle handing over two grand for the entire program, so that's what I do. At my center, that discount structure is always in place, not just at your first order, so make sure you clarify that with them.

Then, you just collect your boxes from your center as needed, so you don't have to worry about 200 boxes of bars going stale in your pantry.

Oh, anyone who's wondering where I've gotten to...I slipped a little on Friday and it turned into a full-blown slide right off the wagon by Sunday. So I have some repair work to do today in order to not completely embarrass myself at weigh-in tomorrow.

Have a great Labor Day, everyone. If you have time off, enjoy it!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:40 AM   #8  
LAWL Center Manager

Default LAWL Plan Details

Hi Ladies!

Well, I still haven't rejoined LAWL yet. I just don't have the money, so I'm waiting for a bonus or some extra savings to join. I have plenty of Lites left from my last adventure, but I'm sure they're stale after two years. Anyway, I'm at 195 and need to get to 140, so I will need a nice chunk of change to get started. Wish me luck!

Anyway, I saw on a post where someone wanted to know the differences between the color plans. Here's what I have:

The plan colors are determined by your health, eating habits, amount of weight needed to lose, and exercise regimen. Many of the plans have the same required foods, but the food lists are slightly different and portion sizes may differ. These are in no particular order.

BLUE PLAN
- 2 Proteins
- 3 Vegetables
- 3 Fruit
- 3 Starches
- 1 Fat
- 4 oz. Skim Milk
- 2 LA Lites

GREEN PLAN
- 2+ Proteins
- 2 Vegetables
- 2 Fruits
- 2 Starches
- 1 Fat
- 4 oz. Skim Milk
- 2 LA Lites

GOLD PLAN
- 2+ Proteins
- 3 Vegetables
- 3 Fruits
- 2 Starches
- 1 Fat
- 4 oz. Skim Milk
- 2 LA Lites

ORANGE PLAN
- 2+ Proteins
- 3 Vegetables
- 3 Fruits
- 3 Starches
- 1 Fat
- 8 oz. Skim Milk
- 2 LA Lites

PURPLE PLAN
- 2+ Proteins
- 4 Vegetables
- 3 Fruits
- 2 Starches
- 1 Fat
- 4 oz. Skim Milk
- 2 LA Lites

RED PLAN
- 2+ Proteins
- 4 Vegetables
- 3 Fruits
- 3 Starches
- 1 Fat
- 8 oz. Skim Milk
- 2 LA Lites

Hope this helps!

Joy
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 04:05 PM   #9  

Hi everybody -

I may not be back for a while because a pop up from this site has loaded my computer with loads of nasty adware and malware. I'm running adaware right now and it's already found over 250 changes to my registry. And every page I navigate on this site gives me dozens of pop ups.

If somebody can navigate the site without all the problems I'm having, maybe they can give a heads up to one of the administrators to let them know that this is going on?

Hopefully I can get this cleaned up and prevent this from happening again, so hopefully I can come back soon.

This really stinks.
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 04:52 PM   #10  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hi Everyone!
I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. We had a nice family weekend. There were plenty of fairs and apple picking too!!! I now have plenty of fruit!!! My little one goes back to school tomorrow, my older one goes on Wednesday, and I start back on Thursday. I am going to miss summer ((

Kristi: Big Congrats on reaching stabilization!!! How was your weekend away?

Diane and Beach: Welcome back from vacation!!! It's great to see you on the boards again!!!

Pink: I sure hope you are feeling better now. It's rough to be sick at any time - but I can understand how especially difficult it must be for you since you just started the program. I haven't tried the soups, but will probably do so when I run out of shakes. On very hot days I have been having a chocolate shake in the afternoon instead of a bar. I make it in my smoothie maker and add skim milk so I get in my dairy at the same time. It comes out like very thick soft ice cream, and it's very refreshing. As far as the bars go, I purhased 20 boxes at $9.99 per box when I signed up. At my center you can buy a 10 bulk for $11 per box at any time. My counselor also told me that they run specials several times a year at an even better rate, so I will watch for one of those before I buy anymore. I couldn't afford to buy the whole program up front, and needed to stay within a budget, so my center works with me. You should inquire about prices etc. at your next visit.

Aim: That sounds like a great idea with the popsicles!!! I'm anxious to hear how they work out.

Fiona: Try not to beat yourself up about going off plan. The good news is that you realize what can happen if you allow one small cheat to lead to others. We all learn this at some point and it helps us to keep on plan in the future. Just get right back on track and don't be afraid to discuss it with your counselor when you weigh in.

Joy: Thanks for all the great information on the color plans. It sounds like you can probably do this on your own until you can set aside some money to join again. Several people have posted that Luna Bars have similar nutrional content to LA Lites, and are less expensive. You might want to check that out. Also, if you want, you can choose weigh-in days for yourself and post any losses/gains here. That will help keep you accountable. We'd love to have you stay with the thread.

Sammy: How did your entertaining go this weekend?

Star, Karen, and SY: How did you enjoy your holiday plans this weekend? I look forward to hearing from all of you tomorrow!!!!

Well, time for me to go. I will probably weigh in tomorrow morning after my little one leaves for school, so I'll post when I get back.

Hugs to Everyone!!!

June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:39 PM   #11  
LAWL Center Manager

Default Doing This for Me...

Thank you and everyone else for your encouragement thus far. As June suggested, I have decided to try it on my own until I can afford to rejoin LAWL. It will be very difficult, but I'm hoping that your support and the accountability to this forum will help.

I will be using the guide from Mayo Clinic as my plan. However, where there are variances, I will be using the LAWL guidelines, as this has worked for me in the past. The Mayo Clinic supplies food diaries, on-line accounts, support, etc. free of charge, so I am going for it, beginning tomorrow (my 2-year anniversary). For exercise, I've decided to start slow with Pilates and walking. I also have the FIRM to look forward to a little later. I look forward to chatting with you all daily.

Wish me luck!
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:43 PM   #12  
237/207/130

Fiona- Thanks for the La Lite info! I will have to figure out what I can swing every month so I can go in armed tomorrow.

I am also glad to hear you don't have to take all the boxes home at one time. I was wondering about that.

Joy- What an interesting breakdown of the color chart. Thanks for doing that. I am still breastfeeding an infant, so I am guessing that had a lot to do with why they put me on the red plan.

I have an appt tomorrow in the afternoon. I hope they look at my diary and tell me everything looks ok. Since I am still new, I of course question a lot of what I am doing.

I am pleasantly surprised that they have LAWL in Canada. My mom lives there (Alberta) - -

I have not told anyone besides my husband and brother that I am doing this. I want it to be a surprise and I also don't want my mom or anyone else telling me that I don't need to pay money to lose weight. If only it were as simple as eating right and exercising- we'd all be skinny.

I am hoping after she sees me having a drastic weight change she will consider it, too

Can we do some intros? I will start!

I live in Washington State with my husband and our two kids. My son just started Kindergarten. He's six and my daughter is 7 months old tomorrow. I stay home with my kids and work an eBay side business selling Victoria's Secret overstocks.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:31 AM   #13  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hi Everyone,
This is going to be a very quick post as my little one will be coming home from his first day of school and I need to be ready with the video camera. I weighed in this morning - check out that avitar!!! I'm down 3 pounds from my last weigh-in on
Thursday - so that brings me to a net loss of 21 pounds on LAWL in 7 weeks!!!! Needless to say I'm very happy and treated myself to two pairs of new shoes - I have a closet full of clothes than I can now wear - but the shoes are pretty worn - so now I'll look nice for my first day back on Thursday and best of all I reached my mini-goal of gitting the 20 pound mark and halfway point before returning to class. Thanks so much to all of you - I couldn't have done it without you.

Joy: So glad you're going to do this on your own - we're all here to support you. You're going to do great because you have the right attitude and you found a wonderful group of people for support.

Pink: Real quick - I'm married and have two sons, both school age, and I teach. We live on Long Island which is in New York State. Where in Alberta is your Mom? Calgary by any chance?

Gotta run but will be back later.
Big Hugs to all and big thank yous!!!
Have a wonderful morning!!!!
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:54 AM   #14  

Hi everyone. I have a great weekend in general, the weather was perfect. Only thing is, I did not stick to plan like I have in the past. I didn't go hog wild, just had a few things that are not on plan. I expected it and did the best I could. I'm back POP.

Diane: Hope you had a nice weekend, and thanks for starting a new thread!

Kristi: How was your weekend alone with your husband? Hope it was as nice as it sounded it would be. I'm so happy for you that you have reached your goal.
Can't wait to get there myself. Keep us updated with stabilization when you have a few minutes.

Pink: I have never tried the soups or shakes, I have tried the smoothies and they are really good. I have only had the strawberry banana, but I get it would make a great popsicle. Let me know how the chocolate shakes come out when you freeze them. I may give that a try for a nice cool treat.

Joy: Thanks for posting the colored plans.

June: It' must be a killer to start teaching after having the summer off. Good Luck this week at work and on plan. Remember to take a few minutes for yourself. I have a friend who lives in Raleigh, NC who is also a teacher and they will burn you out if you let them! I'm sure you are aware of that.

Aim: What OS do you use? There was a security patch for XP last week, SP2 and that comes with built-in pop-up blocker for IE. I don't have that problem at home anymore, but here at work - that one that looks like an official Microsoft Pop-up but is not and I belive it installs spyware on your computer once you click on it. I've been right mouse clicking and closing so it doesn't cause more damage. Since installing SP2, no more Pop-ups!

Beach, how are you doing?

Pink: here is my intro.

I'm 48 years old from Syracuse, NY. Started the beginning of the year at 199 and now down to 163, my first LA official goal is 155, and I would actually like to get down to 150. I started Weight Watchers at the beginning of the year, and moved right to LA the week of April 7th (because the WW point system was to liberal and I knew I needed something more controlled in order to make it to this goal). Others have done much better than me - but I'm happy with my overall progress. I'm just a slower loser. LOL! I've been on the GOLD Plan since I started and LA knew that I exercised 5 days a week but never changed my plan (others switch a lot). I have cut down to 3 times a week on my exercise and stopped the weights until I get to my goal. As far as LA, I have an older sister that started LA about the same time, she has lost 33 lbs, and a younger sister who has lost 43-45 lbs. All three of us started the week of April within a few days of each other. My younger sister is on stabilization and is still losing.

Pink, I do much better when people don't know what's I'm doing when it comes to dieting and eatting. I'm a believe of not telling a sole outside of my family.

Take care everyone, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:45 PM   #15  

Good afternoon, everyone!

Well, I had an....interesting...weekend. Fell back into my old habits of hardly eating anything all day then stuffing my face at dinner...we had pizza one night, cheeseburgers on the grill another night, leftover pizza for lunch, McDonalds...! I'm lucky that I only got set back .8 pounds, or pretty much exactly where I was a week ago. Hard to believe it's my fourth week already - doing my measurements on Saturday. That will be interesting, because I'm not noticing any major change in the fit of my clothes, as yet. I really wanted to be in my 10-pound avatar by this point, so being back under five is kind of depressing, too. Ah well, learning this lesson the hard way (over and over again!).

June: Way to go! That 20-pound avatar is calling my name, because it will be lower than my lowest weight in the last two years or so. So I guess that's my very next mini goal.

Sy: sounds like you have a good weekend - weekends are so hard for me!

Kristi: welcome back!

Pink: here is my mini-bio - I'm 24, married and mom to a beautiful, smart 4-year old daughter. I work full time as a receptionist and part time as a Mary Kay consultant, and I've recently decided that I've had enough of the 9-to-5 and being bossed around, so I'm starting the coursework to get my real estate license next month. DH is a full-time student (6th year senior, only 22 credits to go!). I was always fit and slender right up til I DD was born, then I started eating a lot more convenience and junk food and not exercising like I used to, and the weight has been creeping up on me ever since. I started LAWL three weeks ago and have lost 4.8 pounds as of today - my goal is to be 125 again! :

Have a great afternoon everyone...

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote