Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-04-2004, 05:52 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking 3 Day Weekend Chat - September 4th, 5th & 6th - Happy Labor Day!

Good Morning,

I can't believe we are into our Laborday Weekend, Summers almost gone but hey, at least I don't have work for 3 days

Any good plans for the weekend ? Nodda here. Just relaxing. Maybe a run to the store but thats about it. I promised I wouldn't do alot of cleaning but the one thing I have to do is vacum, the crumbs from the dog eating her cookies is all over the place lol.

But thats about it.

How about you guys ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 06:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256.5/256/???

Height: 5 ft 4

Hi everyone

It's just a 2 day weekend here in the UK (tho we did have a 3 dayer last weekend so can't comlain too much ). I'm doing some long over due computer housekeeping this morning. I also have a load of long overdue household housekeeping but that's so not gonna get done No special plans, I think mainly me and my 4 yr old will be trying to keep out of my otherhalf's way as he works on finishing his doctoral thesis. (4 years work and just 3 weeks left to go). It's looking like the weather could be nice here, so we might take a bike ride to the park.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, esp if you've got a 3 day weekend!
clarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:08 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Clarrie,

Thanks for the post on the belly dancing. I still giggle thinking about me doing it because my weight is mostly in my belly lol. It does sound like alot of fun. My weekend is like yours, just me and my 3 year old playing alot together. DH is the type that can't sit still so he'll prob be doing yard work and who know's what else. He's a work-a-halic for sure. I guess thats why he's so skinny lol.

Have fun bike riding !!
Old 09-04-2004, 10:10 AM   #4  

Am trying to wakey up here. Slept in and it felt wonderful except I had weird dreams of a Mexican group singing religious ballads, some strange man in my house in a wheelchair and how a neighbor welded a small metal soldier I crafted in a bird cage!

Today, I'm getting a partial permanemt on my hair and doing some shopping. Tomorrow is church and nothing much else planned

I've been kinda quiet this week cause my heart has been acting up again. Am not worried about it. It's just such a nuisance...I get so tired and sick to my tummy and there are so many things I want to do.

Our new windows are scheduled to be installed on the 14th! Can't wait!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

We didn't get in til after midnight last night, so was bound and determined to sleep in this morning and try to catch up on some sleep. HA the phone started ringing at 7:30 this morning. I promptly took the dang thing off the hook so we could drink some coffee in peace. Then left it off the hook and MADE myself do a 30 minute 2 mile WATP w/handweights, and then situps and leg lifts. I have to be honest with you guys - if I had not told ya'll that I would be exercising today no matter what, then I would not have made myself do it. I have been draggin so (probably more from not exercising then anything) BUT I so feel better after exercising. Not near so draggy.

I've got tons of clothes of wash, and need to cook something, need to work on my lesson for tomorrow, which I have barely looked at, then tomorrow is sunday school and church.

Leenie - could you pick up a few things for me when you go to the store and drop them off to me! thanks hon! LOL enjoy your 3 days! I plan on enjoying mine!

Clarrie - enjoy your day and your bike ride!

Tippy - so good to see ya girlie! what a weird dream? sorry your heart is bothering you. please take care of yourself!

Youngest son and his gf have had a little disagreement or something. He won't say what is going on, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that she is not coming in this weekend and he doesn't get to see her.

Oldest son had a wonderful date last night so he is on cloud nine. :-)

hugs to the gang!
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:54 PM   #6  
CIN

Default Howdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi Gals
Just showered and it is 3 PM......hubby & walked this morning then tackled the two new Anderson French doors we had put in this week. We had regular hard to slide patio doors.ordered these weeks ago. The outside of course is weatherproof and matches the trim of the brick home but the inside were natural wood so I have to put 3 (yes 3 ) coats of clear on mine and our tenants next door. Needless to say I started with mine.The first coat has to have 24 hours to dry. It took us together longer to tape around all the parts than to pain the silly doors! They are beautiful and 100% better looking.

Expecting Abby & Katie (9&10 yr old grands) any minute.promised to take them to Limited II..have a coupon buy $25 worth get $25 worth free.deadline is tomorrow so a promise is a promise! (they never forget either)

We are probably eating out tonight. We have limited it to twice a week...Monday it will be a month.......................we are really behaving!

Tippy..take it easy...dont put off calling the Doctor...even if you hate to.Hearts are not to be messed with.

Leens.hope you are improving fast!

Cathy............teens..oh boy been there did that......................

Made some yummy pudding for later...........cleaned house today........got the little 4 pound Yorkie.he is sooooo cute..

Bye
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 03:35 PM   #7  

Hey Cin

wow you sure have been a busy little bee today!

have fun!

HUGS
Old 09-05-2004, 08:21 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning !

Tippy you feel better girl, sooooooooo you get to watch a couple of hunky guys install your windows huh... better take that heart medicine before they get there Love you !

Cathy, I went to BJ's Wholesalers Club (like a sams club or cosco's) yesterday, I picked up some quacamole, a caramel apple dipping kit for me and a friend because its almost apple season and a pickin we will go (like in 2 weeks), some shampoo, gum for dh, bread, thats about it. I love those stores they alway have the neatest stuff.

Cin, what kind of pudding did you make, is it diet? Did you have fun w/the girls ?

I'm going to the park w/dd and dh, this morning, its a little hike to the top of the mountain but once your up there, its got paths and a lake you can walk around.

Thats about it lol ~

Have a good day
Old 09-05-2004, 11:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256.5/256/???

Height: 5 ft 4

Hi everyone, from nice and warm and sunny England My weekend didn't go as planned - yesterday my son wanted to play with his friends all day instead of going anywhere with mummy, and even invited 3 of them for tea! This morning we went swimming. He can't actually swim yet but we had fun, and playing 'catch' in the pool gave me a bit of a workout. This afternoon I've been lazing around in the sun reading the papers, and he's been playing in our neighbour's paddling pool, while my otherhalf has been stuck inside slaving over his books awww.

Leenie - sometimes in belly dancing, our teacher says 'just your bottom half should be moving now, your top half should be completely still'. Well that's OK for her to say but when I move any part of me, the rest jiggles along too lol

Tippy - hope both your hair and your heart are good
clarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:05 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Clarrie, I agree w/you. No part of me will ever stand still while the other part moves LOL Sounds like you had a good morning, very relaxing.

We went for a hike in the mountains (small hike) and then went out for brunch. Love the weekend.

Now we are watching the old movie Fiddler On The Roof. What a great flick !!! DD is dancing to the music lol. The weather here is cool and overcast. Looks like rain.

I'm just gonna hang and relax the rest of the day

Enjoy everyone.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:05 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon Gang!

I got up and walked 2 miles outside this morning and then got cleaned up for church. Church was awesome! Then we ran to Walmart afterwards to pick up a few groceries. (Leenie I told you I needed some things but you never came by hehe). Now dh is outside grilling some chicken and pork steaks and sausage. I made mashed potatoes and gravy and corn and bbq bread that I am now putting in the oven. It's 3 pm now so we are all starving and ready to eat our lunch/supper.

be good,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 09-05-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:47 PM   #12  

Leenie you are such a goose! The man who will be installing the windows is NOT a hunk! More like an ol' fuddy duddy. He certainly will not make my heart to pitter-pat! Nixce man whough. He lives about 20 miles from here on a homestead.

My hair turned out well. I went to Cost Cutters and I'm impressed! The service was good and my hair looks pretty good. Now, I need a dye job badly!

Church well very well. Our new Pastor, Chris is just a bundle of energy. (And cute as a bugs ear!) We had over 120 for Communion. (How do I know, you ask? Roger helped with distribution and each try of wine cups holds 40.) For our little church, that's remarkable. I remember when our old Pastor was here and if we had 80 people even in attendance, it was a good Sunday.

Oops, gotta go.....Roger needs help with something!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:50 PM   #13  
CIN

Hi Gals
My poor Mama is in West Palm Beach with family and no electric..hot hot Fla...no ice....no phone service......she was supposed to fly out of Melbourne today.of course no planes are flying.She doesnt even know if her trailer was hit.she is 100 miles from it now..I did not let them know what is on the news.Melbourne looks awful ! Keep Fran in your prayers...... My Mom's name is Fran not the hurricane! My neice from Fla reported for her....cant charge up the cell phones!

Hubby & I are curreently roasting..our air isnt working.hoping the air conditioning guy will return our call today! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right Labor Day weekend.no air...............even the Yorkie is hot Poor little thing!

BBL
Cin
PS I am still smiling Might as well!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 05:40 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning !

Happy Labor Day

Just put on a pot of coffee, anyone care to join me ? Got some biscotti to dip.

Tippy anything over 40 in my church is alot too. Glad to see your church is picking up. You guys went thru alot. An old fuddy duddy is installing your windows ? sheesh, how many windows can he hall on his tractor ^^^^^^ jk Won't BF get jealous.

Cin OMG your poor Mom, you know we'll be praying.

Hey Cathy, guess where I'm heading off to today, Yup !! Walmart my sister called me last night and asked if I wanted to go w/her. Its about a 1/2 - 40 minute ride there. We don't have a super walmart near us so thats the closest one. BUT its a doozie and the ride is beautiful, its right up the new york state thruway so its right thru the mountains so you see beautiful scenery and lots of deer. Once you get a little out of the conjestion here, its really a beautiful state, NY and NJ. I need double barrel sling shots and diapers for grace lol

So my coffee is done, I can hear the last psssssssssssssssssssst pffft pffffft coming out of it.

Clarrie watcha got planned for today ?

Liz, Lynnie, Judo, April

Enjoy your day everyone.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:22 PM   #15  

Good Morning Gang

I slept late and drank my coffee. Have lots of things I can do around here, but will decide what I feel like doing. hehe I just did 2 miles.

Oh guess what - I have lost 9 lbs - my scale said 200 this morning. wooooohooooooo ya'll get ready to hear me hollering from Louisiana cause that's what I'm gonna do when it says 199.

what's everyone doing today?

Cin - have you talked to your mom yet? hope all is well.

Leenie - have fun at Walmarts! it was packed after church yesterday! wow! but I sure do like looking around in there.

hope everybody has a good day!

hugs,
cathy