Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-03-2004, 07:40 AM   #1  

Default Reeeeeeeeeaaaaally Sloooooow Fitness Increase

Feeling a little frustrated! I have been going to the gym for the past three months, and exercising at home. Was exercising 4 days a week, then 5, then 6 or 7.

I am noticing that yes, my fitness level is increasing ... but very sllooowly. Is that normal? I also suffer from reduced lung capacity due to a bug that I had when I was eight that destroyed 20 percent of my lungs' capacity. That would affect it too, I'm guessing.

And, strangely enough, I have days where I can bolt up the stairs and days when I still trudge, a bit out of breath. What is going on?!?!?!
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:11 PM   #2  

you might want to change your exercise routine up a bit. I know for me i workout about 5 days a week and rest for 2 days and on my first day back i feel the best. Sometimes when I run I can barely finish a light workout and sometimes I feel liek i can run forever...I have started to track the foods I eat and have noticed a pattern. What I eat affects my workout...

so i would suggest to change your workouts...have light and heavy workout days and even changing the intensity during your workout may help
storm_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:09 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

My energy level changes also. I think stress, lack of sleep and possibly food allergies have something to do with it. I think it is normal!

My energy level is slowly increasing as well. I'm not worried about it. It's going in the right direction.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote