South Beach Diet - Tgif!!

View Full Version : Tgif!!

Kiko
09-03-2004, 07:46 AM
Morning chicks!

Just starting us off for the day. Another week that I am so thankful it is Friday. This weekend I truly have to regroup with my eating and exercise. I am up a few pounds, but feel horrible. I feel bloated and ick. NOT what I want for myself!!

I will catch up on posts either tonight or tomorrow morning. In the meantime- be good! ;)

Ruthxxx
09-03-2004, 07:58 AM
Thanks for starting us up, Kiko.

I've been up since five this morning. My dogs howled like a pack of wolves at something then. Very strange. I even checked Harry to be sure he was still alive!

I have a meeting at 8:30 this morning so can't linger. Anyhow, it's so darn cold in here I can barely type. I'll be back later. It's supposed to warm up for the weekend.

Havea hot coffee for me, please. :cofdate:

ellis
09-03-2004, 08:05 AM
Karen, being bloated is a horrible feeling... I feel the same right now. :yes: Come on, girl... let's get back on track! :hat:

Ruth, I shut all the windows in here last night, and it's a little cozier than it was yesterday morning. My house was freezing all day, despite the fact that it warmed up outside.

Last night Dad decided to stop eating and drinking to "hasten the process", so we'll see how long he lasts. :(

I'll be back later... sending love and hugs to all of you... :grouphug:

Mamacita
09-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Good morning, Chicks~~ :coffee:

(((Ellis))) Don't know what else to say at this point. Just know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Kiko, I'm with you. I hate that icky feeling that bloat gives. :(

Ruth, I sometimes suspect our furry babies do stuff like that for the sheer amusement of seeing us humans get all wigged out. Mine will get their hackles up, race to the door and bark like maniacs. We'll follow and the only thing moving are the leaves in the trees. Silly critters. :rolleyes:

I'm so glad the weekend is upon us...and here in the States, it's a 3 day weekend. Woo-Hoo! :dancer:

DD was supposed to make tamales with me this weekend, but now that school has started back up, she's busy with "her" kids. She volunteers as a counselor for the Pathfinder program at church. So, tamales are out. I guess I'll just hang out and relax this weekend.

Meeting with Mary after work. I'll be empty-handed. She's gonna kill me. I was just too busy this week at work and DH was a computer hog or I was just too freakin' tired to be creative. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :p

Hope all you Chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

Heidi
09-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi all,
We're heading into a 3-day weekend here in Canada too. In my case it is like a 4-day weekend since my DH has managed a rare day off.

We're packing a lunch and heading to the Lion Safari - hoping my struggling car will make it through the 'wilderness' without stalling. I can imagine sitting there in the stalled car, watching a Lion debate whether these 4 humans would be legal on the SB plan lol!

I avoided media the rest of yesterday and just got the headlines this morning. My grandfather always told me that he didn't believe in worrying; if you can do something about it, then just do it, otherwise let it go. Good advice.

Ellis, I know that doesn't apply to situations close to your heart. I've been in your place and there is no letting go, just limbo. I hope your family's suffering is relieved soon.

Have the best day you can, everyone.

justjodi
09-03-2004, 09:23 AM
morning chickies,
TGIF is damn right!!! another long busy week behind me. thank goodness. lots planned for the long weekend going to the county fair tonight and we have tickets for the demolition derby should be fun, tomorrow is football practice for ds and then to the camper and then a football game at night. sunday i will veg like a jellyfish on the beach i am doing NOTHING i tell you JUST NOTHING. monday is no work and a cookout if the weather cooperates. i'll do my best to stay op but i really feel the urge to have some beer (actually i just want to totally loose and get drunk) but, i will limit myself.

(((((((((ellis))))))))))

ruth i was also up at 5 for no good reason, heres to a little cat nap later.

mama hope you have a good weekend even if it is tamaleless.

kiko hi!!!

to all you lovely ladies yet to post have a great day!!!!

weezle
09-03-2004, 09:26 AM
Morning all.

Early day/long day today. I do NOT want to go. I want to go back to sleep. Had a hard time sleeping last night. Here's me, again: :tired: I am soooo ready to ditch a job.

Enough whining. Must shower. Love you all. Have a great day.

PS *HUGS* Ellis. My prayers are with you and your family.

little chick
Morning chicks I never did get back here yesterday. The kids took over the computer for most of the day. Then I went shopping last night. DH finally got the last coat of paint on the floor and the walls are all done. He just has to do the trim and by Sunday we should be ready to move in to our new bedroom. So I bought a beautiful plaid like material that is a cream and two shades of blue a dark and a light. Then I bought a plain blue for the closet ( as it has no real door) and a new Blue bedspread. I can't wait to get it all together. Other than that nothing is new got another job call but I don't think that I am going to take that one either just not me. I am excited that the kids go to school on Tuesday ( monday is a holiday ) and I am only going to have one home with me during the day tue to friday this week. Oh what will I do with my spare time. I could even exercise during nap time, :smug:
Well I must go dh is home again today and I need to crack the whip. ;)

Morning Ruth, Kiko and Ellis ( you are in my prayers and thoughts often. I hope you dad gets his wish)

weezle
Morning Little Chickie. Must have posted at the same time. Have a good day!

little chick
09-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Wow Morning Mama, jodi,weezle,Hedi I guess everyone is on the puter at the same time. Hope ya all have a great day.

wendyjo
09-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Mornin' everyone. TGIF for sure! I am all alone at work today and don't plan on doing much, so keep the posts coming to keep me occupied!

I have no big plans for the long weekend. Going to the pool tomorrow (only 2nd time this year). My stinky dogs are getting groomed tomorrow too and I am very excited about that, lol. And we are in the process of scraping the paint off the outside of our house (fun). So that is pretty much how my weekend is gonna go. Boring, but that's OK with me :)

Barb0522
09-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Wow! Everyone is busy early today!

Karen - you can do it! Maybe you are retaining water? It looks like a good weekend to exercise.

Sorry, it's so cold in Canada. We're still in the 90's and still dealing with ozone alert days. Sometimes Fall is so short here that when we blink it is gone.

Ellis - :grouphug: I know what you are going through. With me it was my mom.

I couldn't believe it when I got on the scales this morning. I am now down to 169.5. But, do you know what is special about that? I am no longer obese!! It feels so good to be overweight! I just feel like I want to tell everyone.

Keep a prayer for those in the patch of hurricane Francis, please? Thank goodness it is weakening. My sisters did okay with Charley so maybe they will be fine this time too.

RNMOM
09-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Yep, it is Friday. Hooray!!!! I actually have the weekend off plus Monday. I am going to do some serious housecleaning. Everyone better stay out of my way!

Ellis, hugs your way. I worked in the ER yesterday and a 95 year old female came in, healthy and totally with it until a few hour prior. Her sons were all there and they decided to let her go. We gave them privacy and time, went in only to offer comfort to the family and give pain medication to the patient. It was really a beautiful experience for the family. My thoughts are with you.

Feeling like I'm back on track again after my 3 week hiatus.

Hope you all do what YOU want to do this weekend.

kvixen
09-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Buenos dias, ladies. I have been on the phone all morning trying to find old exchange rates for currencies which are now obselete. What a wild goose chase!

It sounds like everyone is having a nice day. Busy already. Ellis, we are thinking of you and your dad. Also, of the people in Russia and in Florida. Lots of angels to watch over them. :angel: :angel: :angel:

As for moi, I have a good weekend planned. Studying, relaxing, helping out my family. I am making a yummy dinner tonight, will post the recipe. Poached salmon with cucumber raita, from the Williams-Sonoma Fresh and Light cookbook. That is going to be the highlight of my day. :lol:

Have a great day at the beach!

KristinJ
09-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Morning all, though it is soon to be good night for me! I'm exhausted but usually am after the first night of nights.

I will post a question thread when I'm done, advice needed and most welcome if you have the time.

Heidi -- have a blast for me at the Lion Safari, I have such good memories of going as a kid, may the monkeys not rip off the roof of your car or poop on the hood and may you escape the wrath of an obscenely long giraffe tongue should you make the mistake of trying to feed it through a cracked window. Learn from my errors :)

LC -- your new bedroom sounds heavenly, suffice it to say I'm jealous!

Ellis -- I'm unsure of how to read your post - is your Dad on a "hunger strike" (for lack of a better description) or has his appetite disappeared? I know my Dad ate when we asked him to even though he was not hungry and then just one day said "no more". If your Dad truly isn't hungry and stops eating, it's likely only going to be a few days. However, if your Dad is anything like mine (read stubborn) only God knows how long it will be. I pray that when it comes it will be swift, peaceful and painless.

Kristin

GoldieFun
09-03-2004, 11:37 AM
Good morning!!! :) Yay, it's Friday and a long weekend -- WOO HOO!

Well, DH and I went grocery shopping and got lots of your items for starting on Tue! Now, we are out of here this afternoon and won't be back 'til late Monday. While I am out of town I probably won't be on the computer at all, but I will be back on Tue. to get started and catch up with all of you!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

:) lauren

AdiaFaith
09-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Good morning to all!

Ruth - Cold calls for blankets and cuddling! The pups will be up for it I'm sure, mine always are. ;)

Kiko - Good luck getting OP this weekend! Take a bubble bath with some Jazz music. Anything besides food to lift your mood and get the glow back on your face.

Ellis - I can't even imagine....you're in my prayers.

Mamacita - Defintely relax this weekend with some Lemonade Crystal Light and a good book.

Heidi - Have a plan of who gets eaten first before you leave the house!

Justjodi - Enjoy the derby, I love them!

Little Chick - I just painted my new room last weekend. Buttercream Walls and Blue Carpet. What colors did you use?

Barb - Congrats on taking that next step! :D

Kvixen - Dinner sounds great! When can you come over? ;)

I did have plans to head to a huge antique auction this weekend....really HUGE. This guy recently passed and was a collector of everything. They sent me a flyer a month ago...only the flyer was 10 pages! Unfortunately, it looks as though Dad, my partner in auctions, doesn't want to go. He would rather keep the money in the biz rather than risk it. So my plans have changed. Looks like it might be finishing up the bedroom and maybe a Picnic at the lake with Bry on Sunday. Otherwise, just relaxing. Going to hit Applebee's for lunch again today. YUM!

ellis
09-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Thank you, Kristin. Dad's appetite has been decreasing over the past week, but yes, I suppose you could call this a "hunger strike". He wants to go now, and knows that the only way he can have complete control is by stopping eating. He isn't on an IV or any other life-saving devices other than pain killers. He has elected to choose his time, and the doctors are respectful of that. And so are we.
He's been very coherent up to now. He's very intelligent, and has always been a physically active man. And he's always been a "control freak". :lol: He's had everything concerning his death all planned out. Even this week he was dictating instructions to us. He doesn't want a funeral (cremation), but wants a Celebration of Life party after he's gone. He's got the guest list worked out, who will read what, the food to be offered, etc. Heck, he's even written his own obituary!
I guess when you're that organized, you're entitled to decide when death will occur. ;)
In fact, he sounds very much like your Dad. :) Stubborn.
Thank you for saying it'll probably only be a few days... I wasn't sure, but I figured that would be it. The sooner the better, really.
But, oh... I don't want my Dad to die. :cry:

Mamacita, Heidi, Jodi, Weezle, Little Chick, Barb, RNMom, kvixen and Sarh, thank you again, dear girls... :grouphug:

Yes, Barb... more prayers for your sister and for everyone else there on the coast. :(

And kvixen... those dear children in Russia... :cry:

RNMom, it sounds like you work in a great hospital. I can't get over how nurturing the nurses and doctors are where Dad is staying. Hugs in the hall from the nurses every day! :)

Little Chick, your bedroom sounds beautiful!! Enjoy! (ha... what am I saying! Of COURSE the Queen of Hump Day will enjoy her new bedroom!)

I'm looking forward to dim sum with Ruth and Mauvais tomorrow, and beer and healthy snacks on the verandah with another friend on Sunday. :)

Sounds like a long weekend for everyone! Have fun and stay OP, girls!

sweet tooth
09-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Good morning ladies. Like many of you, we are suffering @#*$%! cold weather here, too. I just can't find anywhere to get warm. My office is all of 15 C, the thermostat doesn't work and I can hardly get my fingers aworkin'. Then to add insult to injury, the maintenance lines are ringing off the hook with people in other buildings complaining about being too hot. :rolleyes: Oh well, it will be a good reason to leave early today, if I can get away.

Anyway, I just popped in for a minute - I guess I did nothing by complain - and need to head off to do a student presentation. Hope everyone has a great day, and an even better weekend. Yahoo - three days of peace :) , and weeding the gardens :mad:

Have fun.

Sweater Girl
09-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Ellis: I know I only lurk here in this section, I can't even imagine what you're going through, my thoughts are with you.

Ali

ellis
09-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Ali, you're a sweetheart. :grouphug: Thank you so much.

Heidi
09-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Sarah, you make me laugh! I was ready to sacrifice my hips to the lions - a mutual favour lol!

Have a good evening everybody.

little chick
09-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Just a quick check while I wait for dd to come home from her friends house. I got another call for an interview tomorrow morning at 9. This one sounds like I might like it. I am actually going to take this interview. The others I declined before the interview process. It is for a hotel ( a front desk clerk ) think it might be something I like. I will fill ya all in after the interview.

Ellis your father sounds amazing. I don't now if I would have the strength to be that brave and to be able to organize my own life party. And you have incredible strength and you still have you wit. You are my hero. ( I can't wait to enjoy my new bedroom) ;) take care lovey. Well I must go and grab a quick shower before bed. Good night chicks.

AdiaFaith- my room is a medium blue floor painted and a light blue on the walls and celining. I will take pictures when it is completed.

1busymomma
09-04-2004, 01:23 AM
Hi chickies!

I know it's pretty late but wanted to check in anyway. Today was fairly laid back day. I cleaned one of my clients houses, which took all morning. Came home and my mom called. Seems mom's nieghbor wanted her garden cleaned out before she came back from vacation.

She usually offers me stuff, and has for years but she has never told me to clean her out! She got sick of looking at veggies I guess. :lol: So I came home with grean beans (which I just finished canning), summer squash, tomatoes and tons of Rhubarb.

After picking, I headed back across the field to my mom's. Sat on the deck and had a cup of tea with her. That was a nice change of pace. We have weird weather to, not warm but not cold. Cloudy for the most part.

I was naughty tonight and grabbed a pizza. I ate to much of it again and feel icky, but it's my own fault. I recognize the fact that pizza is a trigger food. So I deserve what I got. the cleanup was nice though and it was an easy dinner so I could get cracking on the canning.

tommorow is spent helping my aunt clean her house for her BBQ. I am taking a Rhubarb Dessert of sorts (something I won't be able to eat). I'm probably going to oink on grilled chicken to keep myself in check and not eat something I should'nt!

((((((((((((((((((((Ellis))))))))))))))))))))))))) ) I just want to offer big hugs, I could never imagine going through what you are. LC said it though, what an amazing thing to be able to plan you own party like that. I personally could never do it.

LC: Hope you get that Job! I'm keeping my finger crossed for you. I used to work the front desk in a hotel. I liked it a lot. You meet new people all the time and you get to know the regulars. The tips are'nt bad either. My main way of getting tips was to remember the preferences of all the regulars and then follow through with them prior to their arrival (Like remembering extra pillows etc) . It made them feel special and they appreciated it.

Well, I need to sign off for the night. I want to post to everyone but I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. I did not sleep well last night, so I am hoping I get decent sleep tonight. Please know you are all in my thoughts!

Goodnight all! :grouphug:

ellis
09-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Little Chick and Emily, thank you for the hugs, girls. :grouphug:

LC, best of luck with that job! :lucky:

Emily, you are a whirlwind! And what a haul you got from that garden! :lol: