Support Groups - SAHM Thursday #234

View Full Version : SAHM Thursday #234

watkinsguru
09-02-2004, 07:09 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ˝ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months

melmcc99
09-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Morning Ladies!

Cindi, congrats on the new fridge. Let us know how you like it!

Well, bugga only woke up at 3:30 thirst thirsty thirsty. But of course I had trouble falling back to sleep...lol. He finished the cup I had left..... I still want to weigh in this morning to see how close I am for tomorrow. Now that bugga is sleeping better, I am catching up on some sleep and should get back into full exercise soon.

It's Thursday, so I guess I have the qotd....hmmmmmmmmmm

Do you have a relective that stand out in your mind who is your favorite? and why? This does not include your parents.

Answer: My Uncle Dominick. When I was Between 4-8 and we would have Sunday dinner at Gram's house, where he still lived, he would lie on my Grams bed and watch "love connection" and I would curl up in front of him and go to sleep. He's one of those silly uncle's too. Always teasing in a fun way with my brother and I. He was only 17 when I was born. He's a big chooch now; 6'5" and a big guy all round. He lovingly calls me an "old bag" since I had children, so I tell him he must be ancient. lol He was a policeman and likes to act tough, but is one of those guys who is mush on the inside.

watkinsguru
09-02-2004, 07:59 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

QOTD: I guess my Aunt Linda. She's my mom's oldest sister. When I was growing up she lived too far for us to see very much. But she was always the cool one. I mean she was more hip than my mom and more into the times of today then my mom. My mom is very old fashioned and in a since so is Aunt Linda, but she's more into the internet and loves to shop, I mean LOVES to shop. My mom has nothing to do with computers and HATES to shop. I always think of my Aunt Linda as my favorite.

Mel, sorry Bugga woke up again last night. At least you feel as though you're getting more sleep than before.

Cinid, glad you got a new fridge. Now you should have known better about those laxatives, LOL? Sorry they messed you up.

Spryng, sorry you had those kids. I just don't do well with other kids. I know how you feel.

Geri, have fun in Austin. I always liked Austin and San Antonio.

Hello to Jill, Leigh, Michelle, Jaymi, Angel, Cheri, Deana and everyone else out there.

Penny, where are you???

Well, me and the kids went to Wal-Mart last night. Had to get some milk and baby powder and a rubbermaid box. Got alot of Avon in and I needed something to carry it around in my car and try to sell. I also finally bought Passion of the Christ. It was on sale for 16 bucks, that surprised me. I've been dying to see it again. Not sure when I can.
Well, today is school and nap and laundry. I've got some Avon stuff to take care of too. I'll check in later.
TTYL

spryng
09-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Good morning all!

I am tired this morning... of course I haven't been up long yet so I'm still waking up.
QOTD--- this is easy.. my grandpa!! My parents divorced when I was an infant and when I speak about my mother I'm talking about my step mom because she is who raised me from 3months old... so her parents are not my biological grandparents but they are the best grandparents in the world. My grandma Ava died when I was 3... but she loved me so much. She was very sick but I would stay with her and grandpa and just sit in bed with grandma all day and talk to her.... she loved that. Once she died Grandpa was always there... he would come get me and I'd stay weeks at his house (this is after he remarried too, and his wife is the only grandma I can remember and she's wonderful too) But he always treated me like a real grandaughter (i was their only granddaughter for awhile) and I loved him like crazy! I never felt close to my dad's family who was all blood related, but my grandpa is the best! We still talk almost every weekend... they live in california so I haven't seen them in a few years... Ava was 6 months old last time I was there and I was pregnant with Bubba... so they've never met Bubba or Tanner... but someday I hope to get out there. But I could go on and on about him but I won't bore you... lol... but I know for a fact blood never impairs my ability to love someone because they took me into their hearts without a hesitation and to me they are my REAL family. And that is why Ava is named for my grandma Ava and Joseph Paul is after my grandpa (Paul is his name)

OK, not much planned for today. I've got to go get diapers sometime today but other than that I will be home. Not sure about dinner yet.

Crystal, glad you got that movie! I saw it at the rental place the other day but I just couldn't bring myself to rent it. I've read the Bible and I know what happened to him during his final hours and it's sad enough in print... I don't want to see it on the big screen. I watched Schindlers List a few years ago and it tore me apart... just too sad, took me weeks to get the nightmares to go away and the sad thoughts out of my head, so I don't think I could handle that movie. But I'm glad you really like it.

Mel, I have been peeking at the scale too, lol. But for me it keeps going up and down so tomorrow is unknown still. I hope it is down tomorrow.

OK, guess I will get off here! Have a great day all!

MichelleRae
09-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Hey girls!!

QOTD: Well I just want to mention that I love my family equally but I have some memories with relatives that stand out more than others, My grandpa snook who passed away on December 8, 2001, and my uncle bob who passed away December 8, 1997 I miss them both so much but I always remember the good times I had with them. Yes they both died on the same day but 5 years apart.

I want to report that Yugi is doing so much better today!! When I got up he started yippin for me to pick him up and I put him down on the floor and he was trying to run around so he isn't hurting too bad anymore! What a cutie pie!! I'm so happy he's feeling better!!

Spryng can't wait to hear your WI!! I'm with you I don't think I'll watch that movie either, I never saw schindlers list for the same reason. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets nightmares from the movies we watch :D

Mel so sorry you couldnt get back to sleep this morning! I really want to sleep in today but of course I have kids and 2 dogs up and runnin around so I'll have to be up for awhile! Any plans today?

Cindi!!!! Congrats on the new fridge!! Thats awesome, and good luck with the biopsy! I was also on nuvaring and I liked it except that it made me gain weight, I'm very hormone sensitive so my doctor took me off all BC and that was when hubby jumped in and volunteered for a vasectomy, he's heeled well and he said getting an in grown toenail fixed was worse than the vas. and he watched the whole procedure. He even declined pain meds.

Geri you better stop over here on your way back home!! We can have a slumber party and let our little monsters play while we have margaritas ;) I hope you have tons of fun, and I will miss you sooooooooooooooo much!!! :grouphug:

ok girls I need to start my day, some how the car audio place got my appointment time mixed up so I had to reschedule so my car is getting the amplifier, subwoofer and cd player installed today, I'll take a picture so you can see my new tint too!! Now I don't have to have those baby shades hanging in my car windows!! Yayyyyyy!! Just so you all know I loveeee really loud stereos and have always liked show cars/performance cars, I wish I could get on to MTV's Pimp my ride lol!!!

Ok I'm outta here!!

Love to all!!

Loveliam
09-02-2004, 10:09 AM
Morning gals- no time to post, have to get some stuff orgaanized before the sitter gets here at 11. Will be more in-depth later :) But, want to report it's my WI day and I'm down 1 lb back to 155 . . . I'm actually right on the border of 154 and 155 (I have a digital scale and can tell). But today is my flexlunch day - whoohoo!!!

TTYL.

Jaymi_Dol_78
09-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Hello chicks! No time to post really, just a quick update. No exercise yesterday.. but plan on getting some in today! Got to go get a couple of groceries. I'm not going to get too much since I don't know what this stupid hurricane is going to do. So I'll talk with you all later!

Bayleysmom
09-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey everyone, I'm tired today! It's my own fault though, staying up late to play a nintendo game! It was fun though and I only have it for a week so I figure I won't be doing it forever right? Not much planned for today, I need to pay a couple bills, grocery shop and a few errands but other than that nothing big going on. Dinner tonight is BBQ chicken in the crockpot, scallop potatoes and a salad.

QOTD My Aunt Cindy, she is really cool and her daughter (my cousin that is pregnant that I told you about last night) is my age and we grew up best friends so that was fun. She's always been very "with it" and just funny and fun to be around, I still find myself going over there every once in awhile just to talk. She's cool.

Mel glad you are catching up on some sleep! I havne't exercised very much this week but I am hoping to get some in today. Hope you do too!!

Crystal hope you are having a good day.

Michelle yea for Yugi!! I'm glad he seems to be feeling better. What does Teagan think of him?

Spryng I'm glad I'm not the only one who is tired, hows the situation going? (like how I was all secretive) I finally gave my blue feather away to the bar tender girl (Watch everyone freak out cause they have no idea what we are talking about LOL) Hope you are having a good day!!

Leigh have a great flex lunch!!

Jaymi hope you are having a good day too, get some exercise in!!

Penny where are you!!!!!

Ok baby crying TTYL!!!

spryng
09-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Hello all!

Just got back from walmart. I had to get Tanner some diapers and decided I needed a new bra... I don't really have many but I wash them often... but today I got up and didn't want any of them, lol... I needed one that fit a little better around my rib cage (the next size down!!!) so I got me one... fits perfectly!!! I'm so happy!! They also had some cute shorts on sale for 3 bucks so I got a pair of them too, I bought medium and they are little loose.. I should have got small, but that is ok. I didn't think my big hips would fit in a small, but maybe they will afterall!! LOL.
SIl came over this morning and finished mowing, it looks so much better out there! I appreciate her doing that for me.

Jill and Muffy sitting in a tree..... LOL!!! Glad you are enjoying that game! What season are you in?

Jaymi, I hope you guys stay safe!! Have a great OP day today ok??

Leigh, congrats on the lb down!!! You are headed in the right direction and enjoy that lunch!!! :) I may have one tomorrow.

Michelle, so glad yugi is feeling better! I don't think I could do the nuvaring... how do you know its in the right spot??? Can it work its way back out?? Hmm... I may have to look that one up, lol.

Ok, gotta find me some lunch. Have a great day all!

sydsmom
09-02-2004, 12:39 PM
HI !! Bad night last night here :( Sydney was warm yesterday afternoon after her nap, and then she wass fine...well after I got home from work she was really warm and I went to give her medicine and she threw up all over me :tape: I feel so bad for her, she muist have a little tummy bug or something...no more puking, just VERY sleepless night, and now she doesn't want me to come into my own room where she is laying...she keeps says "your botthering me, mommy, go away, let me rest"... :lol: such a little woman. ANyway, so here I am, I have about 2 extra loads of laundry to do now from the evening last night, on top of about 4 others :faint:

On to happier things!!! THe first QOTD posted by Mel:
I would have to say there are 2 people..my aunt (moms youngest sister) who was like a sister to me, she passed away this last February from cancer, she and I were so close. and my Papa (dad's dad) who passed away when I was in 8th grade, him and I were really close because we lived with them for a few years. He spoiled me rotten :) The living relaive that I really am getting closer to is my mom's next youngest sister...she is alot of fun, and we have started doing different things together!

OKay here is my QOTD since today is my day too! :)
If you could look through your bedroom window every morning and see one thing/place/monument , what would it be?

Cindi - thanks for PG vibes, you are tooo funny :lol: Hugs to you! Yeah for the new fridge, I love appliances! haha!

Geri - Thanks to you too for yours! :) :) I think Corpus Christi would be beautiful. You will have fun either way, as long as you are with the ones you love ! :cb:

Spryng - I think that you will get the BC method figured out, you can always try different things if something isn't comfortable or whatever ;) I will keep my fingers crossed for you and that scale ! :lol:

Crystal - I saw that movie in theatres and it was so incredible. Everyone just sat there for like 5 minutes in silence after it ended. It was pretty graphic, so I closed my eyes during part of it. I don't think I would watch it again any time soon, but we bought it too just to have.

Michelle - Glad that Yugi is doign better! Is he potty trained? how old is he? Have fun with the new bumpin stereo! I love to "rock out" as sydney and I call it! :) We both love music, all kinds!

Jill - Have fun on all your errands today, I am stuck here with the sicky, so I will just do laundry and such I think.

Leigh - Hope you get lots done while the sitter is there! Very cool about your WI !!! :cb: :congrats: I'll let you know when I need your personal servant duties again! :lol: :rofl: j/j you know!

Jaymi - Glad to here from ya, stay safe, and hopw you have a nice day! :)

well - better get this house in a little order! and I have some book work and bills to do! :) Dh leaves this coming monday night so I have to get stuff in order so I am sailing smooth while he is gone! :) TTYL !!!!! :D

watkinsguru
09-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Hi all. Just checking in while I'm eating my lunch, leftover stew. We finished school and I got some Avon business taken care of. Hopefully I'll be getting a nap in soon. I have a couple loads of laundry to tend to after nap time.
My sister went to the doc today and was running a small fever. They took a few tests and she doesn't seem to have pre-eclampsyia. In fact they don't think it's much more than a sinus infection, but because she's so far along, they wanted to be sure. Haven't heard from her yet though.
Spryng, glad you got a new bra. I don't get one very often either, and I'm kind of picky about them too.
Jill, with those errands you've got to run I don't think I'd say there's not much going on. Of course, you've only got one so those errands might not seem like alot. But ask one of us with 3 or so and all those errands are like a full day out kind of thing, lol?
Anyone heard from Penny? I guess she's busy now with her dream job and all. Good for her!
Guess I could say I'm glad I'm not in Florida at this moment. But it still doesn't change my mind about going there. I'd love to...just after the fact.
Okay, gonna finish my lunch. Hope everyone is having a great day.

meltin
09-02-2004, 12:47 PM
I made it to the gym this morning and am on track with my points. I will get a baseline tomorrow. I don't know what happened last week with the tropical storm and everything. Our weekend is pretty slow, so I am hoping for now storm and I can catch up on posting.

Jaymi - I am with you on the hurricane. I hope it stays off the coast, so everyone is safe.

Have a great Thursday!

sydsmom
09-02-2004, 12:55 PM
I forgot to answer my own QOTD!!! DUH!!! haha - If there was one thing I would like to look at every day it would be crystal clear ocean water with white sand and marine life. Like in the bahamas on our honeymoon !!! We went to the same place where they filmed Gillians Island or a whole day, and it was beautiful like that with all the fishes in the water and the white sand beaches! OH I wanna go back!!!!!!! haha- well better come back to reality! :) TTYL !!

watkinsguru
09-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Kristin, so sorry about your daughter. Don't you hate when that happens. Every winter we get it and it goes from one to another to another and on and on. Hope she gets feeling better.
The movie was so emotional and yes graphic. I loved it because it made me see and really, really understand what he went through for us and made me look at some aspects of my life that should and could be better.
QOTD 2: I think now it would be the beach. I've realized that if we move to Florida we can't actually live ON the beach, too expensive, but I think I would love to retire to that. Maybe we'll have more $, LOL. I think seeing the empty white sands and the blue water crashing into each other is such a peaceful sound and sight.
Okay, kitchen cleaned onto naptime in about 1/2 an hour.
TTYL

MichelleRae
09-02-2004, 01:18 PM
ok QOTD #2 the one thing I want to look at everyday for the rest of my life is my happy healthy family. The scenery can change but my family is the one thing i look forward to seeing day in and day out

Anyway I have got to get my house cleaned up lol its a mess!!

Spryng yes the nuvaring can work its way out but its not a big deal and you can just put it back in. Zhaun said he couldnt feel it either so that was good and there is no wrong way to put it in and so easy to use, there were only 2 things i didn't like about it and they were that sometimes i could feel it there and the fact that I gain weight when I use any hormonal Birth control. But take a look at it. My sister uses the b/c patch and seems to do well with it, I wanted to use it myself but I was too heavy I guess it loses effectiveness the heavier you are but you definately don't have to worry about that ;)

Penny where the heck are you? Are you avoiding me ;) jk lol

Melinda so glad you are staying op! How is JW?

ok I'm going to go and try and get this house cleaned up.

Love to all

Bayleysmom
09-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Spryng I am going to get you!! I can't peel myslef away from this game!! LOL The only reason I am away from it right now is cause Bayley needed some breakfast! LOL Anyway I've got errands that have to be run today so I think I can peel myself away long enough to get those done! I also told myself that when Bayley goes down for a nap I WILL get chores done first and if I get done and she is still asleep then I can play. I'm glad I don't own it, I wouldnt get anything done, how do you do it? Anyway I just had to tell you that. I'll be back later for the rest of you!

Oh ya Geri I will post that recipe when you get back unless someone else wants it. TTYL

Chubba
09-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Goodbye everyone!! Hopefully I can check in in a couple of days when we get there...

Jaymi & Melinda...if it gets you...be safe!!

Talk to you all later! Watch for my waves as I pass by you (Spryng, Crystal, Penny and anyone else betw WI and TX!!)

watkinsguru
09-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Alrighty, well had about an hour and a half nap. That was good. Got some red beans going, put up one load of laundry, the other is in the dryer. Gonna pick up and vaccum in just a bit.
Found out sister was dehydrated and has a unrinary tract infection. I find that odd because I don't think she's ever had one and I thought usually that people that get them, get them all the time. I haven't talked to her, just my bil. I hope to hear from her soon. They had her on an iv for a bit to get hydrated and then a prescription for some antibiotics.
Okay ttyl.

spryng
09-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Hello all!

I ended up napping during nap time myself! I was so tired for some reason. I need to start getting in bed earlier at night I think. But I feel good now. Dinner tonight will be Oven fried Fish and wild rice and some veggies. Did you know wild rice isn't actually a rice?? It's a type of grass... I thought that was interesting. But I already have the wild rice cooking since it takes on hour.
ok, QOTD!! I would love to see mountains... green, beautiful, massive mountains outside my window. Lots of trees, maybe some wild life (that is not me and my dh running outside naked, lol) but mostly just serene mountains. I live in the wrong state! LOL.

Geri!! G'bye! I'll be waving!! Miss you already!!!

Crystal, glad your sister is ok! Those UTI can be a pain late in pregnancy... even cause labor. But you don't have to get them often to suffer from one during pregnancy. I had two several years ago, but never during or after a pregnancy. My bf on the other hand has then so often I lose count. She goes from one antibiotic to the next and is battling a really bad one right now. I wonder how you get so many??

Jill, wait until your dd is old enough to play your gamecube and then you'll know why I'm not on mine 24/7, lol... in fact they are playing my games right now, lol. If I do play its usually after they go to bed so they'll leave me alone.

Michelle, ok, that nuvaring sounds a little better... do you get several or just one per each month or week or what?? Do you wear it all month long? And does it have hormones in it like a normal BC pill?

Melinda, congrats on the exercise and being OP!! You can do it!

Kristin, is your dd better now? Still no sign of TOM huh? Only 3 more days right? didn't you say you always start by the 5th? I am really hoping for you!!!

Well, I need to get off here. TTYL!

melmcc99
09-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Kristin, I'm so sorry about syndney not feeling well last night. I hope you both caught up on some sleep today. hugs to you both

K's QOTD: I would love to see a waterfall...so tranquil.

melmcc99
09-02-2004, 04:52 PM
oops, sorry, Crystal, I hope your sister is feeling better too.

sydsmom
09-02-2004, 04:58 PM
I just lost my post by ckicking something...ggrrr.. oh well, here goes again !
Quick update, dd is feeling better, no more vomitting, so that is good, but she won't get off the couch, so that is a telltale sign that something is still wrong, and she is a little warm for my taste still too. We are thoroughly enjoying our third disney installment for the day. First it was SLeepy Beauty, then Mulan, now we are starting Pocahantas! I don't mind though, because she is letting me cuddle her !!! :)
Upsetting news, my Ob-GYN is moving this week to Ohio, her mother has cancer so she will be leaving her practice here immediately ;( I feel so bad for her, I have known her for about 7 years and she is just wonderful. I am really dissapointed for myself too. She called me personally to tell me, and give me some recommendations of new OB's in the area..she suggested that I just find one now and get started with her with this new "issue" I am having lately. I said okay and almost cried, sounded like she wanted to cry too :cry: SO I will have to find a new one soom, like before the weekend! ugh, a pain in the butt for sure! Say some extra prayers that I find one I like please! :)

Spryng - I never thought about mountains, I really like those too! Just can't get the clear blue water and white sand out of my head! :) Yes I will take the test sometime between the 5th and 10th...and then go from there. It wasn't positive this week and for some reason I feel like it won't be next week :( not sure why I am getting so down about this now. oh well....

Crystal - Glad you got a good nap. I have never had a UTI, sounds painful. I will keep her in my thoughts! I need to keep up on my laundry too!

Michelle - that is so sweet :love: You ever heard that song by lonestar (country) called "Front porch looking in"..that is what you remind me of ! :)

Geri - Have fun, we will miss you ! :) Can't wait to here about it when you get back! :)

Jill - you are too funny about that video game! :) Good thing it IS only a rental! :lol: How is your day otherwise! :)

well time to change the laundry - I might try and get back here later! TTYL ! :grouphug:

Loveliam
09-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Good afternoon :)
Well, it's definitely a flexpoints day - you have to love those! I had McDonald's for lunch, of course :D Boy am I predictable!
My friend and her husband have another daughter :) She said it was a fast, but very painful labor and everyone is in good health. They haven't decided on a name yet. So today I got together some gifts for the baby and the now big sister (two-years-old).

Spryng- I think my body could use a rest from hormones too! I always feel moody and prone to some minor depression while on any kind of pill. Sometimes dealing with other people's children is the hardest LOL.So far, I have not felt the Nuvaring, nor has it come out. It has simialr hormones to birth control pills and you insert a new one each month (once a month).

Jill- congrats to your cousin! How was the rice pudding? I love rice pudding. Do you think you'll buy a copy of Harvest Moon?

Deana- you have a fun weekend planned.

Cindi- I'm using the nuvaring too, but I do have side effects, so I think I might stop. But, I'll of course discuss first with DH LOL. Don't feel dumb about the laxitives- we all try less than healthy things now and then in our frustration with weight. BUT it's time you are kind to yourself and put your health first and foremost ((hugs)).

Geri- your trip sounds like soooo much fun! My mother is in a non-evacuation area even though she's in Boca. DH is still there, but will either stay with my mother or somewhere inland.

Mel- glad Bugga's doing better with sleep. Bet you're relieved.

Crystal- have you found time to watch Passion yet? Keep us updated on your sis! I think it is common for pregnant women to get UTI's, but keep us posted-

Michelle- so glad Yugi is doing well. :rofl: I can only imagine you on Pimp My Ride!!!

Jaymi- Hi!

Kristin- oh, I hope Sydney feels better soon!

Melinda- you're doing great!

Well, I got a bunch of stuff we needed at Target, including some new pillows and stuff. Now I need to do about 2 loads of laundry!
QOTD1 My Grandfather. He was a wonderful man and we were very close.
QOTD 2 Liam and DH :)
TTYL!

mompen
09-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Hi Ladies....

I am just checking in real quick. I have a bug on my puter and it is giving me trouble. Congrats to me for even getting into the site.

Mel,
Thanks for calling to check on me and all that asked about it. I will try to get caught up soon!

I gotta run to bring the boys to karate. I will try to get back here tonight or tomorrow. I believe we are going down the river this weekend but not sure yet.

Btw, I bought the passion of the christ last night also..... I almost threw up three times during the movie. I own it but I am not sure I could ever watch it again.

Sorry not to get personal but I luv ya all! including you Michelle.... ;)

spryng
09-02-2004, 05:44 PM
I just finished dinner and the oven fried fish was HEAVEN!!! I made some home made tartar sauce (100% core!) to go with it and I felt like I was cheating, lol. SOoooo good! I have it on my menu for next week too! I did finally write out a menu and grocery list so that is all taken care of now. I'm going with simple meals this week.

Leigh, glad you enjoyed those flex!!! I have 9 pts left for this week, I won't eat more tonight since my WI is tomorrow... I've never saved points so we'll see how that works for me. But I haven't really needed them either. I used some on tortillas and some on chocolate syrup and a little last weekend when I ate out.. but all in all I haven't been craving junk food so that is great! Congrats to you friend!!! Fantastic! My bf had a very fast labor and delivery and she said it was very very painful because you don't get time to adjust to the different stages of labor but at the same time it was nicer because it went by so fast and was over with. It doesn't matter to me... with Tanner I was only in labor 5 hours and pain is pain, lol. Whether it gets drawn out for 36 hours or 2, it all still hurts, lol. Thanks for your info on the nuvaring! What side effects are you getting from it? Do you get several at a time or have to go each month to pick a new one up? And do you know what they cost?

Kristin, so glad your dd is feeling a little better! And enjoy those disney movies! I love them too. Me and the kids watched Hook last night, it's one of the first non-animated movies they will actually sit through and they love it. Then they ran around the house shouting that they were pirates! So sorry about your doc leaving! I would be upset too. It's hard to find ones you really like and really care about their patients. Good luck with the search! Have you ever thought of a midwife?? They are very patient oriented. In fact, my midwife has your name!! She won't let me call her Dr... whatever, she wants to be on a first name basis with everyone, so it's like chatting up a friend when I say Kristin, lol. But she is great. Don't start getting down on yourself about being pregnant. I mean, you have your hopes up and you just don't want to be disapointed... but if it isn't this month than start actually trying and maybe next month will be it for you!! How long did it take you to concieve your first?

OK, need to get off here. TTYL!

watkinsguru
09-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Hi ladies.
Leigh, congrats to your friend. Do you have the detailes...weight? height? and so on? I love hearing that. Let us know what they name her!

Spryng, glad dinner was good. I love finding those really good meals that you can keep making. Of course, I don't eat fish, but that's great.

Penny, when I first saw Passion, I cried like I've never cried. I mean I really bawled. But I just loved it. I haven't had a chance to watch it again, it's one of those that I can't watch while the kids are up and I don't know if dh cares to see it again. I'll save it for a late, late night or early, early morning.

Dinner is red beans, a chicken casserole, rolls and such. TTYL

sydsmom
09-02-2004, 06:31 PM
HEy ya!
SPryng - i guess I have never thought of a midwife. I would love some more info about them! any good sites, etc?!?! DO they do all the same things that an OB does ? Thanks for the kind words..I think I am getting my hopes up and for some reason, thinking in the back of my head, yeah right, your not, keep trying. It took 2 times to try for dd !!! however, I was a skinny gal who worked out for 1 1/2 hours every day and everything. Now I am about 35-40 lbs. over wright, and not working out nearly that often! SO I know that effects your fertility a little, I'm not sure. ONe night int he last month "afterwards"...I laid there with my feet in the air forever, and I told dh I was trying to give his stupid soldiers directions! haha! :rofl: he wasn't amused, I was though! :lol:

Mel - glad to here from you ! :) what do you have planned for the long weekend?

Penny - HI GIrl! I've missed you! So glad you had a sec to check in !

well - I told dh I was not cooking tonight, I am beat, sydney has wanted my attention all day, and even though I have just been laying with her, I'm exhausted since I was up half the night last night too! Maybe use my flax points already this week....or some of them. We have a date on Friday night so I was going to save them for that night, but maybe i could get a salad at BK or something. without croutons and ff dressing, they are only like 5 points, or actually a subway wrap sounds really good ! well see
TTYL ! :)

Loveliam
09-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Good evening.

Hi Penny! We've missed you :D

Spryng- I am not sure how much Nuvaring costs because it's mostly covered by my insurance- so I pay a small balance due each month. I have it mailed to me by Walgreens so if I forget or don't have time to pick it up, it just arrives. Whenever I use any kind of hormonal birth control, it makes me moody and easy to frustrate (more short tempered than normal). For a while I thought I was crazy to connect that to when I'm on the pill, but then I looked it up and it's a common side effect :(

Crystal- I haven't gotten any more details. But when I do, I'll let you know. She sounded very happy, though, which I was glad to hear because she's had an emotionally difficult time with this one.

Kristin- I used a group of midwives and loved it. They did almost everything an OB would, except at the very end when Liam and I developed probs and were turned over to a doc fir the c-section. But my midwife assisted even with that LOL.

Our next book for book club is Time Traveler's Wife - are ya'll familiar with it? I downloaded the auido version of it into itunes and am now burning it onto CD so I can listen to it. This way I can listen to the book while doing other things. But reading a book takes dedicated time and there are other books I really want to read-read (the old fashioned way LOL), so that leaves my limited reading time for those . . .

Bayleysmom
09-02-2004, 08:57 PM
Hey everyone just got back from town and good thing I had a crock pot meal! Geez it took way longer than expected and my mom went with me! That usually makes it easier but somehow it wasn't. Anyway had some confusion as to where to pick up my key and then when I got it I was told it wouldn't work till I went to the dealership to get it programmed. Anyway I guess I will do that tomorrow. Grocery shopping went well except the fact I forgot the bread!! It was on my list and I still forgot it!! Anyway that was my exciting day!

Crystal glad your sister is doing better, glad they figured out what it was! More water, more water!

Spryng I am making your rosemary chicken and white beans or whatever it's called LOL next week but I couldn't find boneless skinless thighs so I hope they still turn out, and geez those olives are expensive!! Oh well i hope I like them, I'm sure i will but I always hate buying things like that, that I haven't tried and are so expensive. What kind of fish did you use for dinner, I'm not a big fish eater but that sounded good. LMK Oh and a good desert that my mom has found that she could have on SBD is a no sugar added fudgesicle, a small spoonful of natural PB and a scoop of cool whip free, she said it tastes like a pb cup, I'm going to try it. I'm not sure how that works with points and all that but I would think it wouldn't be much, just an idea for you if you are looking for a good dessert. Hope you are having a good night!

Leigh glad you enjoyed your lunch!! The rice pudding was sooooooooooooooo good! OH my gosh I'm glad dh doesn't like rice cause I wanted it all to myself! I used splenda so the only sugar was in the raisins, it was white rice so I wonder if I could use brown and if it would tast just as good, the rest of the stuff in there was just milk eggs and vanilla so I don't think it was that bad. As far as the game goes I really don't think I should get it cause I am so easily distracted by it, hours can go by and I would think it was only 20 minutes!! My family would suffer I think!

Penny thanks for checking in, I was getting worried! Hope to see your posts again soon! Have fun at the river if we don't see you sooner!

Kristin I know how you feel when you are trying to get preg. and then aren't. It happened a couple of times with me. We were doing the same thing, not trying but not trying to prevent either and then when I was like a day late I would think I was and then wouldn't be but it will happen for you sooner or later. You know dh and you are a good combination (if you know what I mean) so keep hope! I'm sending you pregnant vibes!!!! Glad syd is feeling better, I have not had the joy of the flu and Bayley yet! I can only hope it's a long ways away! Sorry about OB-GYN! I know that is hard.

Ok dh and I are starving so we need to eat dinner. I'll be back! TTYL!

Jaymi_Dol_78
09-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Hello Everyone! Of course I’m just getting on the computer, and I am running short of time! So far… I’m still on plan.. But I’ve almost used all of my points…. But that means that I can eat all Core foods for the rest of the week. Or exercise for the next couple of days (which I need to do) And it will give me a few extra points. But… it’s almost already 9 p.m… and I havent done anything! That’s why I have such short time now.. Because that’s what I need to be doing! Anyways I guess I’m going to have to start getting on the computer while my son is at school… because there is just no time afterwards! Only about 3 hours.. And DH gets mad when I’m on when he gets home… so blah… What time do you all think would be better… in the mornings? Or evenings? I gave them my cell phone number and my husbands work number and cell just in case of an emergency… hopefully they will use them. Anyways dh just left to go play pool… so I need to exercise and shower and go to bed. So I will talk to everyone tomorrow!

Loveliam
09-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Hmm - this is strange. Normally, Liam naps around 6 or 7pm until 8, then is up until 10. If he skips that nap, he goes to bed around 9. Tonight, he fell asleep at 7 and is still asleep . . . but I haven't taken the dog out or chaned his diaper, so not sure what I'll do if he doesn't wake up. On the other hand, I don't want him tp wake up and not to to sleep until midnight LOL.

Hey miss Jill :D Sorryabout the mix up with the keys and forgetting the bread.

Jaymi- I need to begin working out again too . . . it's great that you're staying OP.

I'm exhausted, but have to finish up laundry and make put the clean sheets on the bed . . . see ya'll in the a.m.

watkinsguru
09-02-2004, 09:31 PM
can't stay around long. Fixing to get kids in bed. We spend all evening outside.

Kristin, I used a midwife, but alittle differently. I had all three at home with nothing more than a midwife and her assistant. I LOVED it, I preferred it, but she no longer practices and she was one of a kind. You have to have as much faith in them as you do in anything and I did. She was awesome and I so wished I could do that again.
I'm actually scared to death to have one in the hospital, can't stand the thought of it. But most people thought I was crazy for having them at home, it was great.

Okay, sorry not to get personal with anyone else, but I shaved dh's hair and his hair is soooo prickily, I've GOT to get a shower.

TTYL

spryng
09-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Good evening all!

Boy I am exhuasted emotionally tonight. My two oldest gave me heck trying to get them to bed. Screaming, fits, you name it. Drove me crazy! So I am still cooling down from that. Kids huh?

Leigh, I hope Liam doesn't keep you up all night! i would have woke him up at 8 pm like usual so he'd still go to bed on time. But hopefully he was just really tired and sleeps all night for you.

Jaymi, you are doing so great! Don't worry about using so many of your pts... that is what they are there for! Plus I know you'll get in some exercise too.

Jill, I could never find those olives at my store! What do they look like? I just omitted them from my dish when I made it. So you'll have to let me know how you like it. And i used pollock fillets tonight... I buy it because I can get it by the bad and it reseals, lol. So I can take out one or two for dinner and save the rest. I do the same thing with chicken breasts.

Kristin, I'm sure there are midwife sites out there but I don't know any right off. But my midwife let me know on my first visit that she is just as capable of delivery as a MD... she went through 8 years of school just like other doctors do, the only thing she didn't go through was surgery, so if you become high risk and can't have a vaginal birth they always work closely with a regular OB doc and refer you to them for delivery. But my midwife was great, she can prescribe medications, she can induce, etc. I had Tanner at the hospital and she was right there with me and I felt very comfortable with her. So I would highly recommend checking a midwife out!

Ok, I hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm just beat. Off to bed for me. TTYL!

watkinsguru
09-03-2004, 05:55 AM
starting a new thread...see you there