100 lb. Club - question about measurements!

View Full Version : question about measurements!

SwimGirl
09-02-2004, 01:33 AM
How long did you guys wait until you did your measurements? I took mine on my first day of my plan, and am now 7 days into it, with a loss of about 7 pounds, should I wait to do my measurements again? I read somewhere to do them once every 2 months.. but I am into instant gratification, I wanna see those results NOW! :lol: Oh yah, am I skinny yet? teehee :lol:

Lyria
09-02-2004, 04:04 AM
You can measure yourself as often as you like. So long as you are not easily discouraged by only small changes. It's the same as people who weigh themselves every day, you could do the same with measuring, but it wont be very large differences.

Livi

tolose85
09-02-2004, 08:49 AM
I measure and weigh in one time per week. After you do it for a while, it's a nice record to look back on. It also helps to pin point what you may have done a certain week and lost more compaired to when you didn't. In reality you are also measuring trends of losing.

It's really up to you. You can measure 1 X per week or 1 X per month,

funniegrrl
09-02-2004, 02:34 PM
I only measure once every 3 months at MOST. I lose slowly, and I want to see big leaps in the tape. Measuring any more often would just bum me out.

barbygirl43
09-02-2004, 03:57 PM
I was measuring every other week, but then waited about 6 weeks before I measured the last time and I went from 15 inches lost to 22.5. I'm going to start measuring monthly now.

Tammy32
09-03-2004, 12:21 AM
I did not measure myself when I started this. I think I was afraid of what I would measure. I will measure tomorrow and start keeping track by doing it once a month. I kind of wish now that I would have done it when I started so I could see where my efforst are paying off. Such is life.

SwimGirl
09-03-2004, 01:22 PM
I've been told to keep my measurements because those will tell me the most if I am losing fat. I'm pretty muscular, I built muscles pretty easily, and tend to hold onto muscles pretty good too.. grr, I'll never have skinny skinny arms! I'm all about the arms, my friends are all getting their boobs lifted and such, but I'd rather get my arms done. I might check my measurements today, just to find out... curiousity killed the cat? HA! Satisfaction brought it back!