Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 07:49 PM   #1  
This time I'll do it!!

Default Question about bread & cereal

I'll be starting the Core Program on Saturday. WW pasta, brown rice or potatoes limited to 1 meal a day. Can one have brown rice at lunch & shredded wheat before bed. It is very confusing. Question, why are they so concerned about copywrite laws when one freely talks about Flex Points on the boards?
Old 09-01-2004, 09:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Welcome India! Yes you can have brown rice at lunch and shredded wheat before bed... only ifyou have it with ff milk that is. Cold cereal you can have once a day IN ADDITION to the potatoes, pasta, and rice... now if you have rice for lunch you cannot have ww pasta for dinner unless you count the pts for it. Did all that make sense? Don't want to confuse you. It's really a simple plan once you get going. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to get started! And ww has always been big on their copyright laws... they are out to make a buck so we have to abide by it. But it was just like that with flex points... it was all hush hush at first but now the info is out there being freely passed around.. give it time and Core will be out there too!
Old 09-01-2004, 10:05 PM   #3  
Janette

India, you will get the hang of it. It is really a simple plan to follow. We will help you along the way. Welcome and Good Luck on your weight loss.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:37 PM   #4  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

I've a question, if you wanted pasta for lunch and potatoes for dinner you would count pts for one of them. I understand that but are the pts the same or not? and if not would you have the higher value meal for free and count pts for the lower value one and what constitutes a 'serving' if you don't measure/weigh anything? thats the confusing part I mean someone could put a ton of spuds on their plate and call it one serving when in fact it might be two servings? I just want to get the facts right before I try this Ladies
Old 09-02-2004, 05:43 PM   #5  
CIN

Default answer

Cathy
Yes you could use your weekly points allowance to "purchase" potatoes for supper...and of course the correct size would be important....points are counted just the same as on Flex plan................. sorry..hope this doesnt disappoint you! In my dreams I have a plate of spuds..............but I sure like those pants to fit comfortable.dont you?

Cin
Old 09-02-2004, 05:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Cathy, you could count whichever one you wanted to I suppose... like if the pasta has higher pts at lunch and you have a potato at dinner, you can count the potato and use that ww pasta as your free item... I would anyway, lol.
and a serving is what you need it to be to get satisfied... so if it takes a plate full of spuds to fill you up then eat away! But if a 1/2 cup does the trick then go for that.. you'll be able to gauge it soon after starting. And sometimes what you thought you would need to fill satisfied is too much and don't feel bad to leave food on your plate! In fact, that is a good thing! I hope I was some help and didn't confuse you more, lol.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:06 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey Cin and Spryng, Thanks for the super speedy replies i'm used to the old 123 success plan and weighing a cup of potato, veg etc just wanted to make sure that I did'nt just have to have a spoonful of this and that to lose weight
Old 09-03-2004, 08:36 AM   #8  
Running Babe

Cat love your butterfly... are you a duel citizen of Canada/Britain? I am

Cheers!

Ali
Old 09-03-2004, 02:50 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ali, I'm still a 'permanent' resident here not taken the next step yet
Old 09-04-2004, 10:22 AM   #10  
Inchworm

Smile Sounds better

I appreciate all you have said here, explaining the program! This is my first week back on WW and on the new Core plan. I was ready to give it up already and go back to Flex, but I will hang in here and give it a go!!

Last edited by gmalil; 09-04-2004 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:19 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Cathy: My parents arrived here 4 months before I was born (I'm 26). I still feel a strong attachment with Britain regardless and love visiting there (heck my BF still makes fun of the fact I ordered BBC Canada). I have family in London (Wimbledon), Northhamptonshire and Guisborough and cousins living elsewhere I am sure. Love Canada too Do you like it here?

Cheers!

Ali
Old 09-04-2004, 06:30 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yes Ali I like Canada very much especially the weather (i'm in Victoria) but I will never stop being homesick all my family are over there and I have no-one here except my hubby which makes it hard at times. I'm going home for Christmas so i'm really looking forward to that i'm from the north-west about 35mls from Manchester. Can't wait to enjoy all the christmas festivities..I find it very different over here because everything closes and christmastime is very family oriented whereas its party time in the UK
Closed Thread