Support Groups - Weighty Issues #19 SEPT 04

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #19 SEPT 04

melekalikimaka
09-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the September edition of the Weighty Issues Thread.

We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!

angieME
09-01-2004, 05:10 PM
I am here!!!! I totally didnt register that it was time for a new thread. :lol:

Kempyd
09-01-2004, 05:15 PM
I missed it too.

Noelle you will love this. I know that you are a game junky too.
http://www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copter.swf

I have been keeping myself busy today. I am trying to clean out my office. It is one big job. I think I might just leave it for the next person. :devil: :lol:

melekalikimaka
09-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Can you believe it's September 1st???? Before you know it'll be cold and rainy or snowy and the slew of weight-gaining holidays will be upon us. We need a defense plan starting now. I figured it was the first of the month and that's always a good time to start trying to lose weight, again. I will be on vacation in just about a month--and meeting Cal in person, I would at least like to be a little more presentable for that occasion. I haven't had anything to eat yet and it's already 10 a.m., so I'm not starting off my Sept. on a very good note, but at least I didn't eat any cr@p yet.

Kempy, glad you got that matter off your hands. I bet you feel good huh? Thinking about leaving a job you've had for a while is a little scary but I bet the new salon job will be a lot more satisfying for you. I had to laugh when I read about how Echo walks on the new flooring. Then I had to shake off the heebie-jeebies when I opened my email about the new mens swimsuits *shudder*. Thanks a lot! :lol: That may just be why I haven't eaten anything yet :lol:

Angie, how cold(?) does it get at night if you're enjoying 70 degrees during the day? I always trip out over the varying temperature drops on the mainland. I imagine Wisconsin would have some of the same drastic changes.
We had beautiful skies yesterday, so sunny and the clouds were all wispy and windswept, although there wasn't much of a breeze so it was HOT. Beats humidity and rain though.

Julie, if I posted what I ate here yesterday, it would be bad bad bad. I had fried chicken for lunch and dinner, w/macaroni salad. *blech* SO today I am trying again to make better choices. I have had water so far today :lol:.

Hello to Summer, Cal and Holly, gotta run for now, be back later.

melekalikimaka
09-01-2004, 05:20 PM
OK Kempy, I suck at that game. Gotta go back and keep trying :lol:

Kempyd
09-01-2004, 05:26 PM
I know I suck too, that is what made it fun. I couldn't stop. I did make it to about 350 though.

I think I might try to run out of here today early. I mean what is he going to do, fire me. :lol:

angieME
09-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Julie, My aunts and uncles come over about once a year for the big July birthday party and honestly that is about the only time I see them. Jays side of the family we never see. I hate all of his brothers and their wives so we dont even talk to them. :lol:

Noelle, I want to get healthy again too but I have not been good today.

Kempy, When is your last day at your job anyways?

melekalikimaka
09-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Julie, I live on an island, a small island and none of my immediate family has moved away (to another island or state for that matter). We still live with my parents :^: so I see them everyday. I see my sisters (I have 6) at least once a week and we all usually get together on Sunday's for the damn fattening BBQ, which has actually been more of a poker night for the guys. I, like Angie, can not stand my in-laws on my husband's side. I intensely dislike some of my sisters' husbands, but tolerate them for the sake of my sisters :lol:. My in-laws are basically lowlifes, not working, drug abusing losers who want everything handed to them without doing squat for it. I try to stay as far away as possible from them and try to keep my son away from them too. It may sound terrible but it's true. Geesh, I didn't realize I had so much "hate" :lol: for those people. It's no wonder I'm so anti-social.

I have relatives on my mom's side that live nearby although we only see them occasionally for birthday parties and stuff. It's not like we go out of our way to hang out with each other just for the heck of it. All my dad's relatives live far away so we're usually happy to see them when they do come. My family sucks in that each family thinks they're better than the rest of them--when in reality, we're all basically the same, dysfunctional :lol: :dizzy:

Are you sorry you asked? :lol:

melekalikimaka
09-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Julie, what kind of harrassment and from who? I hate freaky people who give me the creeps. Take care girl.

angieME
09-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Yeah Julie what is going on.

melekalikimaka
09-01-2004, 06:24 PM
I am so hungry right now. I'm heading out to Subway for lunch. WWJE? What would Jared eat? :burger:

angieME
09-01-2004, 06:48 PM
My supper tonight will be crispy chciken(chicken rolled in egg and WOW chip),baked potato and cream corn. YUM!! I cant wait. :lol:

melekalikimaka
09-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Lunch: Subway 6" Ham and Turkey on roasted garlic bread, mustard, all the veggies except for bell peppers (yuck), oil (oops) and vinegar, salt and pepper. 1 1-1/8oz of Baked BBQ Lays and a diet pepsi. *burp* excuse me.

melekalikimaka
09-01-2004, 11:01 PM
just tried to play that copter game again, farthest I got was 494. It's so annoying yet so addicting :lol:. Anyone ever heard of fling the cow? it used to be on flingthecow.com but the website is not up anymore :( , that was hilarious.

How's everyone's evening going?

We picked up another company van :crossed: in the hopes that yet another new hire (a 3rd plumber) will turn out to be a good thing. I was at the Ford dealer checking out the new Explorers. Kempy, you have one of those don't you? How is it on gas mileage? I am seriously thinking of selling my little ole' Focus wagon and picking up something a little bit bigger and better. I am considering the Explorer or maybe a Toyota Highlander (which is really just a little bit bigger version of what I have now :lol: ). I like the Toyota's fuel efficiency and I seriously want something with a smoother ride than what I have now. Hmmm, maybe I can convince Rick that I need a Volvo or a Mercedes? The bosses wife can dream can't she?

calnative
09-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Good Evening Everyone,

Progress Reports go out tomorrow and so I have been so busy and tired. The heat is back; 111 yesterday and about the same today. My sister in Southern Calif said it got to 107 today. I guess summer is going to hang on a bit longer.

I read the posts about families. I am the oldest of 6 (4 girls and 2 boys). I have one sis in CA who teaches high school math and one sis in TX who is a registered nurse. Everyone else lives here in AZ (2 bros and 1 sis). I see my one sis and one of my bros once a week or so. I talk to my bro nearly every day on my way to work--he's such a pest. :lol: I also talk to my sis in CA-we do have a lot in common. She just went back to school this week and she's already complaining that she's so tired. Both of my parents are deceased. I get along pretty well with all inlaws. Hubbie's family is still in Italy and we see them about every other year. When we go over there we are usually there from 2-4 weeks. I think I get along so well with his family because none of them speak English and my Italian is very limited. :lol:

Angie: I would love it if it was 70 here. Of course, it will be when you are digging yourself out of several feet of snow. :D

Kempy: I'm so excited for you. You've worked so hard going to school and now about to venture off into something you've worked so hard for. Good luck!!

Julie: I know what it's like to send your little one off to school. You want them to grow up, but at the same time all the memories of those early years come into play and you wonder where all the time went. I sometimes ask myself as I watch Ashley ride her bike off to her friend's house, "Wasn't it just yesterday that she was a baby?" I do love doing things with her now. Her father is already getting nervous about her growing up. All these times will be so much fun to look back on.

Noelle: I can't wait until the first of October. There are 3 reasons: Hubbie will be home on Sept 22; school's out for fall break starting October 2; and I will get to meet you. It will be so much fun. I know what you mean about wanting to look your best; I feel that way too, but I know that we will be like sisters seeing each other for the first time in years. I'm so looking forward to it.

Have a great evening everyone.

Cal

angieME
09-02-2004, 09:53 AM
I have to log in everytime I shut my computer off since yesterday. Anyone know why? It doesnt happen on the RV websight that I am on just here.Even when I get an email reminder that someone posted, I come here and had to log in even though I floowed the link in the email!!! I gave Julie my number incase I lose my puter(since it sucks and I cant figure out what is wrong with it. :lol: ) If anyone else wants my number just PM me.

Cal, 111????? Holycow, I could not last in that kind of heat. Good Luck and I hope it cools down for you soon.

Noelle, I forgot to answer your question yesterday. It has been in the 40's at night. Today isnt even supposed to go any higher than 70. It is really sunny out but when I opened the sliders to let the dogs out it was cold.

jbbm
09-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Hello everybody!

Hi Cal glad to see ya. Thats funny that you get along with the in-laws because of the different language, they probally love ya though. Sometimes I wish I spoke french or something to mine, that cracked me up.

Angie my computer has been acting up, hus said he is going to take a look at it this weekend. Stupid pop ups and just weird things.

Well the kids are begging for me! I hate to make this so short. Check back later, okay! Julie

jbbm
09-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Oh Noelle my parents have an Explorer and love it. But my in-laws have always bought toyotas. Just to let you know. Julie Good luck.

melekalikimaka
09-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Angie, did you recently delete your temporary internet files? or configure your computer to not accept cookies? That may be why you have to log on every single time. I'm not a computer techie by any means but it has something to do with your internet privacy/security. I think Julie's hubby could help you there. It drives me nuts when the computer starts acting up.

Hi Cal :wave:. Any idea what the weather will be like next month in Anaheim? I need to know what kind of clothes to bring. I'm sure you and I will be in the same situation though--if it dips below 70 we'll be freezing our butts :lol:. Wow, I didn't know your DH was away for that long. You and Ashley must miss him. Man how I'd love it if my in-laws lived in another country, Siberia maybe? :devil:.

Julie, I'm having problems with my home computer when shutting it off, it always goes to the "blue screen of death" :lol:. I forget what the exact error message is but I have to hit any key then it'll shut down. Something funky's going on. Next time it happens I'll make a note of it and you can ask your hubby about it, if you don't mind. My computer-geek friend is really busy growing his wi-fi internet kiosk business and I catch him only occasionally.

I'm so close to paying my car off with my 0% interest loan that I don't know if I want to take on a new loan just for the luxury of a new car. My baby's only just under 3 years old and while the performance isn't the greatest, it gets me to where I need to go. It's in service today and I asked them to check the A/C since it's not cooling too well, and I figured I'd better get it checked before the warranty runs out. So there's a lot of decisions in my head--I miss that new car smell, but I don't miss the smell of more loans! :chin: I'm so glad it's Thursday, almost the weekend!!!! :jig:

Well, hello to Summer, Kempy and Holly, hope you're all having a fabulous day.

chikitababe
09-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone! I am behind, again. My leg is starting to get better, but, I was unable to exercise for 2 weeks, and of course, didn't eat healthy :ink:. But, yesterday I told myself that I am going to try to eat better. I haven't had any junk. I did make myself a cup of hot chocolate with 1% milk and Nesquick tonight because I was having an awful chocolate craving!! I started walking again on Monday, and have walked 17 miles so far this week. I am also trying to incorporate pilates 2-3 days a week. This weekend is going to be really hard because Saturday is dh and my 5th yr anniversary, and Monday is his birthday! On the issue of water, does it count if I drink Waist Watcher soda by the 2 liter, lol? It has 0 calories, 0 sodium, and is made with carbonated sparkling water, Splenda, and other flavors.

Angie,

Yea, it feels like winter is coming already :(. The nights get really cool here too. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 80. We really haven't had much of a summer per se. That chicken recipe sounds yummy, how do you make it?

Noelle,

Hmmm, Ford Explorers....we had a 1993 a few years ago that was a bad move on our part. We ended up trading it in for a Toyota Corolla. The Explorer would soon need a new transmission, at the cost of $2,000. I know you must be hot there, but, I would LOVE Hawaii weather, even if only for a week!!

Kempy,

Did you start the new job yet?

Hi to Cal and Julie!

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Holly

calnative
09-03-2004, 01:06 AM
Just had time to read a few posts and decided to answer Noelle's question. October, even the first of the month, in Anaheim can be warm or cool. The days will be in the 70's and 80's, but feel much warmer because of the sun. If there's a marine layer it will stay cooler longer, but you could still burn. Of course, I'm sure you know all about marine layers. ;) The nights are pretty cool; we usually need sweaters if we're out after the sun sets. Nights are around 60's.

Hope everyone has a great night. Tomorrow is Friday and the start of a long weekend.

Cal

Kempyd
09-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey guys. I have a few minutes this morning b4 I head out to school. Only 2 more days!!!!! Ihave my final tomorrow but I might take it today just to get it out of the way. I don't have any clients so I will be sitting studying so I can probaly cram.

Noelle we have a Ford F150 FX4. It is a truck but it has the four doors. I love it but sometimes I would like to have a car. I really want a BMW 3 series but I may have to hold onto the dream for awhile.

Cal I havn't started the other job yet. I can't do that until after I take my state boards exam in Oct. I just had to get out of the gym b4 I killed someone. (my boss)

Angie did you get your computer working right? I am still having problems with mine since I had that virus. I think it messed with some of my windows programs and I don't know how to fix them.

Ok, I am out, I just wanted to say hi! :wave:

melekalikimaka
09-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Happy freaky Friday girls. Do you guys have any plans for this long weekend? I'm going to take Michael and my parents to see the Royal Lipizzaner stallions perform tomorrow. My sis bought the tickets but my niece has a dance program on the same day so I scored! :dancer: It should be an interesting show. I was a bit bummed because I get these email notifications from Ticketmaster about upcoming shows--it said the Harlem Globetrotters were coming. I was so excited, but when I clicked on the link there were no shows in Hawaii so BOO! We used to go see them all the time when we were little. I remember a bald guy named Curly who was the funniest. I loved that show. Don't know what's happening the rest of the weekend but I am going to enjoy it at my leisure!

Kempy, that's a nice truck. I am kind of leery about driving something larger again, I don't want to go too big--even though I fancy the H2 :lol:. 2 days to go girl, so didya take your final early? That would be a great way to start the weekend! Good luck :high:

Hi Holly :wave: Glad to see you around and up and about. Wow girl, you are my hero, walking 17 miles even with your leg the way it is. I am such a lazy bum when it comes to walking nowadays. Glad to hear you're doing better. Are you and hubby making it a romantic weekend for your anniversary? Have a great one!

Cal, thanks for the weather info. Guess I'll leave my fur coat at home ;). Sorry, I'm just feeling goofy today since I know the weekend is near. Can't wait for this trip.

Julie, what's happening today? Anything exciting?

Angie, hope your computer's not giving you too much trouble. Come out and play.

Summer, working hard as usual...stop by when you've got a minute :)

Have a great day all, I gotta run and pick up my car from service--had to get the A/C fixed 'cause I could not stand it blowing hot air in this heat. :lol: Ciao.

jbbm
09-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Good Evening Girls

Oh let see, how is everyone first of all? I hope you all have a nice holiday weekend. My computer is still acting up. It seems like everyone's is lately. I gotta get hus on this. If he has time this weekend. I feel a little stressed this weekend, its hard to have divorced parents, I know I am not the only one in the world but it is so hard around the holidays to divide time up, then I have my in-laws too. That is three seperate locations, maybe I should just have a cook out here and say who ever wants to show up COME!! I mean I would just love to relax and say I am just going to one place. But I am still not sure on any plans this weekend. I know they will all involve food though :lol:! Bummer, I feel like Halloween is right around the corner and the snicker's and almond joy's will be calling my name. But I have to say to myself, I have not lost this weight to just put it back on.

Noelle sounds like you are going to have fun this weekend. I hope your AC is working for ya. Don't you feel like when you turn the fan on and it is hot, it is like a blow dryer! It is the opposite here. I hate getting in the car in the winter and waiting for the heater to kick in. When it is zero degrees outside I don't feel like all that cold air blowing on me.

Kempy I hope school was good. How are you holding up with all the changes going on? I know I am not good with change. Like my son going to school. But my mom told me change is good. I need to believe that. I am going to miss you so much during the week when you can't post from your office. I really hope the best for ya and you like your new job.

Angie how is that computer acting for you? If we don't here from you for a while I take it that it is giving you trouble. Well at least I have your number in case we need to contact you. Are you working this weekend? I hope you get sometime to relax and enjoy the weather before winter comes girl!!

Cal have a nice long weekend with Ashley, before you know it hubby will be home! I bet you can't wait.

Well guys got some stuff to do. Got groceries today. So thats done. Stores are always crazy before the holiday weekend. Ordered a present for my new SIL, I just love her. She seems like a person who never gets down and always has something positve to say. I wished my brother and her lived in town or even the state. I miss my brother so bad. Him and I were so close growing up. I hope to get on a plane and see him. I just hate to fly though, lol. Have a great long weekend girls. Hugs to all, Julie

jbbm
09-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Hi Holly don't want to leave you out :^: :D!!

angieME
09-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi, I am here still! Not much going on.

Kempy, Are you officially done with work or did you just put in your notice? I am lost. :lol:

Another hurricane in Florida. Holy COW!!! I am waiting to make my reservations for vacation until after this one hits so I can be sure there is still anything to do down there.

jbbm
09-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Good Day girls

Just popping in to say Hi, everyone have a great day! Not much going on here either! Julie

jbbm
09-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Angie that hurricane is terrible, I feel so bad for those people in that state. You never know when a disaster is going to hit. Here it is tornados that can clear out an entire town.

Summer have anything planned for the weekend? Sorry If I forgot to mention ya lately. How is the plan working for you? I bet you are doing great. Have a great stress free weekend!
Julie

angieME
09-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Julie, Maine aint so bad weatherwise I guess!! :lol: The most we can get is a blizzard and then at least if you stay inside your good to go. I actually kinda like the blizzard nights. We all curl up on the couch and watch movies together. If the power goes out we have a fireplace so we are all set. It just sucks to shovel the next day. hahaha

Geesh, I went grocery shopping and I am so bored now. Brit wanted chocolate peanut butter chip cookies tonight so we bought the stuff to make them and then she ditches me!!! Little puke. haha

angieME
09-04-2004, 04:40 PM
I bought a Canine Cooler dog bed for Candi from ebay yesterday. It is supposed to be great for her injured leg and it never gets warm so it keeps her cool. I hope she uses it now.

melekalikimaka
09-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Happy Sunday ladies. So far so good? The Royal Lipizzaner Stallion show was great, those horses are so beautiful and it seems like they know they are being watched and revel in the applause. I did loads of laundry this weekend and am just waiting for Rick to come back home today so we can go and do something as as family--don't know what or where yet.

That Hurricane Frances is HUGE! I feel badly for all those people. I hope it slows way down as it goes north. I just read about 2 earthquakes in Japan which means tsunami warnings here in HI. I'm hoping it brings nothing but larger than normal surf and not catastrophy.

Angie, I bought Kai a canine cooler bed from ebay last year. He loves it and stays under the stairs outside laying on it all day. How did Candi injure her leg? Did I miss something? Hope she's doing Ok. I watched a show on Animal Planet (I think) and this lady in NY after 9/11 had a Keeshond therapy dog which helped the firefighters and police and whoever needed it at Ground Zero. She was adorable.

Julie, I got my A/C back so now I'm cool again :rolleyes:. I feel for ya w/divorced parents. Rick's family is the same way and we have to deal with his family and the step-side too. Speaking of which, I just got a phone call on the answering machine from his stepmother...don't know what she wants but I'm in no hurry to call her back :s: And yes those holidays will be rolling in with full force, oh the joy! :lol:

Everyone else, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

angieME
09-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Candi hurt her leg when we had Cappie. They were wrestling one night and I guess he gave her a hairline fracture on her back leg. The vet said it healed wrong and now she will basically be arthritic for life. She takes Glucosamine every morning so the joint doesnt fuse and make it worse. When she is on the glucosamine it is like night and day. She doesnt limp or anything.

I am making a turkey dinner today. YUM!!!!

jbbm
09-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Hi guys

Angie poor Candi!! I love home turkey dinners. You are such a good cook! Can I come over? I love my mom's dressing. Gosh I can't wait until Thanksgiving. Its one day a year I don't feel guilty for pigging out :lol:.

Noelle I am glad you had a great time at the show. I know totally what you mean about step-families, some click and some just don't. I get along with my step-dad okay I would say, I guess :lol:? I hope you get some family time in and have some fun. We were going to go to the lake but it is just to busy there this weekend and I feel the need to be relaxed. Okay maybe I am a little anti-social :^: :lol:. Well I did not want to have to dodge the deer and the drunk drivers also. Have a good one. Is your office closed tomorrow?

Tonight for supper we are going to be having red cabbage, and for the not so healthy part....bacon cheeseburgers with lettuce tomato and mayo. What can I say I have left over bacon that hus fried up from breakfast. Well anyway it has been a pretty nice weekend, warm but I don't want to complain with all the bad weather and earthquakes around. Tomorrow we are supposed to get some pretty heavy storms though. Well, hi to Kempy, Summer, Cal, Holly and everyone! Have a safe and fun rest of the weekend. Julie

GEMonster
09-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

It didn't dawn on me that it is September - new thread - so e-mail notifications stop until I post on the new one. I'm a little slow on the start up. I apologize for being AWOL. General Craziness is the reason....

I gotta say that this lower carb more protein is a real love/hate realtionship right now. I love the energy I have but I hate the stomach issues it brings on. Plus in a side note of absurdity - I like to cook, love to bake - HATE making salads. :shrug: doesn't make much sense. I will gladly order a salad instead of making one....

I am in the midst of birthdaypalooza in my world - it is between my mom, my husband Michael, 2 brothers, 3 good friends all within 3 weeks. I am trying not to indulge too much and am doing okay. I was at the beach for the weekend and margaritas were a requirement - and who am I to say no??? but I played some intense beach volleyball to help balance that out.

I find that I need to my exercise in the morning before work unless it is a group fun thing like tennis, volleyball, skating...or I will NOT exercise. Motivation to get my @ss out of bed has to be huge - and I gotta be honest - this time of year that is a little hard to find. My pillow is much nicer to me than I am to myself....So in short my exercise isn't terrible (60 minutes tennis, 90 minutes of yoga, 60 pilates and 60 minutes beach volleyball) but not at my best. I just wish I liked it more. :p

Kempy congrats on giving the bossman the notice. That is the best feeling in the world to have weight off your shoulders - but good luck with exams! One more step closer to doing what you wanted. I hope Frances hasn't screwed with your weather too much.

Noelle those horses sound beautiful. When I lived in the Middle East if you had a stallion it was a huge status symbol - one the versions of "bling" over in that part of the world. Oh, I'm lusty for travel!!!!

Julie I hope you have a nice long weekend without too much stress from families and step families.

Cal progress reports already? School starts wednesday up here. Are you loving the new school? Autumn is my favorite time of year...no pun intended with my name....

Holly I hope you are recuperating well!

I love you ladies! Let's think about some great or simple motivating force so we can all get in gear and get closer to where we want to be. I will strat brainstorming (I hope my brain is working) now.....

Quote:
To travel hopefully a better thing than to arrive - Robert Louis Stevenson

be wll. do well. live well.
;) Summer ;)

angieME
09-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Well, It is "official" I went and took all of my skinny summer clothes out of the RV because there is NO WAY in **** that I will be wearing them this year. On a happy note I am so ready to go again after sitting out there for a while. :lol: 15 weeks and I get to go to Florida!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! This year I have even started a fund so that when I get back I should have around 2000.00 to pay the next months bills in advance so that I am not too broke all winter. :cheer: Now to get to work making my reservations and making my itinerary.

Me and Brit took a short walk with the pups this morning. It is counterproductive since I came home and had cookies but hopefully the cookies will all be gone today and I bought fruit for the rest of the week. Maybe I can get this thing again......

Summer, You are a busy girl.

angieME
09-06-2004, 11:49 AM
I just got an email from Kempy. She fell and hurt her arm so she may be gone for a while but she will be back when she can type with both hands. GET BETTER SOON KEMPY!!!! we will miss you while you are gone.

angieME
09-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Teach me for trying to excercise!!!!! :lol: I went for a walk this morning and halfway through it I fell and twisted my ankle. (in front of a car of course. :lol: ) I figured I had better go back home incase it swells up. It doesnt seem to hurt too bad now so I guess it is okay but I did scrape my knee up pretty good. OUCH!! Maybe I should just stick to the elliptical.

My book came today. Scruffy by Jack Stonely. Anyone read it? I did when I was little and it was so sad.

Well, I hope to see some posts today.

jbbm
09-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Hey girls

What is going on here? Everyone is getting hurt :(. Hope you feel better Angie and Kempy. I hope everyone had a nice long weekend. My weekend was pretty good. Went to mom's yesterday for lunch, she had sloppy joe's, potatoe salad, beans, cherry cake with tons of frosting, chips, you name it, she had all the fattening things there. But I was not that hungry because I had a late breakfast so I did not eat much.

Noelle did you get sometime with the family this weekend? I bet you are busy as a bee today at work having long weekend.

Summer sounds like you had a great weekend. Good job balancing those margaritas with some volleyball. I am in the middle of a b-day time too. Mine is this Sunday. Then, sil, mil, and mom my mom right around halloween plus all that darn candy! I might want an angel food cake for my b-day. Low in fat, but I love them frosted! Gotta run girls. Check back later. I hope to see some more posts too! Hi everyone.

angieME
09-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Darn my ankle hurts now. It swelled up while I was working.

Julie, I am making chicken,augratin potatoes and peas for supper tonight.

angieME
09-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Morning!!!! My ankle is feeling a bit better. The swelling has gone down some. I want to eat right. I am trying but it doesnt seem to be working,by 3 I am in the junk. I will get this. someday...hopefully.....

angieME
09-08-2004, 10:44 AM
I sent you guys 2 dirty picture jokes so make sure no kids are around when you open them. LOL

Kempyd
09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
OK, i feel a little better now. I still can't get dressed completely by myself. So, I didn't go to work today either. There is no way I would go in without wearing a bra or doing my hair. I just hope that I can get myself together for tomorrow. We have the DU golf tournement so I need to be able to do my part. We have 2 friends coming in from FL to help us though so that will make it easier on me. I did really well on my test and I just have to go in tomorrow to get my diploma and she is taking me to lunch. Boy, it seems weird not having to go to school.

Angie I liked the e-mails I am waiting for Joe to get home so I can show him. I guess I shouldn't have told you I fell, maybe you wouldn't have either. :)

Frances didn't even give us any rain. In fact it is beautiful outisde and it has been for days.

Well, the ole arm is starting to hurt so I am going to go rest it for awhile. I'll chat with you guys later.

angieME
09-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Kempy, I heard Ivan might be coming your way. Have you heard anything about it? I liked the cake with the big ole ya know on it. :lol: Jay made a donut like that once for one of the girls at MIL bakery. It was cute. :lol: What did you do to hurt your arm anyway? CONGRATS ON GRADUATING!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Kempyd
09-08-2004, 04:11 PM
I think that a low pressure is going to keep Ivan from us but they wont know until later in the week. I hope it doesn't come here. We don't have anything to cover the windows.

I was trying to save a hummingbird in the garage and I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. I thought I was on the last step so I stepped off but I wa on the second one and came crashing down. I was in the process of turning too so I fell to the side. I caught myself with the heal of my hand and that is what sent the jolt up my arm. I knew it wasn't broken b/c I was able to move it but i sat down and put an ice pack on it and it started to stiffen up. It was really bad the first night. I didn't get to sleep until 3:30 and it hurt everytime I moved. I ended up sleeping on the sofa Monday. Joe was such a sweetie. He let me sleep and he cleaned the house. he even went to the store and bought steaks to make for dinner. Only thing was I couldn't cut it b/c it is my right arm that I hurt.

melekalikimaka
09-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Hey girls, hope everyone is recuperating well from all their aches, pains, bumps and bruises! Sorry to hear of so many injuries! My heel still aches a little but if I wear the right shoes during the day and wear that brace at night I'm all good. Can't wait til vacation time, just 3-1/2 weeks!!! My poor girlfriend--she lives in Seattle and everytime she flies out here to visit for whatever reason, I'm on the mainland! It's not like I travel alot, but it seems that she and I are always traveling at the same time, away from each other :lol:.

Kempy, congrats on graduating!!! :bravo: :dancer: Other than the sore arm you should be feeling on top of the world!

Angie, I just had to crack up at those emails. I also had to share the one with the car prints--that was hilarious. I hope that was their car, I would be horrified if I found that on my car and it wasn't me that did it! :lol: I think I'd have to sell the car!

Summer, hmmm, I'm thinking of a motivating force to get me in gear again...dunno, haven't found it. I find that my motivation always kicks into gear right before Halloween. I think it's the threat of having to take lots of holiday pictures that makes me get back on track again. I see a cycle of me doing great from early October to about mid March, then I slack off during the summer and gain it all back. You'd think knowing that I'd have some kind of ready defense, huh? You're diet and exercise plan inspire me though, you sound so "together"--hopefully one day soon I'll follow your lead :^:

Cal how's your day going? I will PM you sometime by the weekend with the vacation info so we can plan something. Can't wait to meet you.

Julie, how are you doing today? What are you fixing for dinner tonight? I'm tired of eating leftovers from the weekend, I need to get creative and cook something good.

Hello to Holly out there :wave:

Hope everyone has a great day today, I'll try and be back later.

jbbm
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Summer, btw how is the plan going with staying under a 100 carbs a day? Hope you are having a good day at work. Don't work to hard! You might need another margarita :lol:! Hi to Cal and Holly and everyone else. Julie

angieME
09-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Julie, I just resent it. It should be there now.

melekalikimaka
09-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Hey Julie, make sure no kiddies are around when you open those emails :devil:. Don't you just hate how one phone call can turn your day upside down? I hope you and hubby can talk tonight about what school your son will be going to. We all want what's best for our kids, especially if it's their first experience w/school. Good luck on your decision making and don't let it make you too loopy :dizzy:.

I'm off to get some lunch :hun:

jbbm
09-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Howdy girls

Angie those are some pics:o!! It was so great to talk tonight. I liked talking with ya tonight. It is neat to put a voice with a person. You are so nice and down to earth just like you are here :). And yes I did end up eating half more than half of the 8x8 pan of cornbread and a huge bowl of chili. I am going to get to have major indegestion but it was worth it :lol:!!

Anyway girls I have to talk with hus about somethings, so I gotta keep it short.

Noelle I actually feel pretty much at ease now with where my ds is going. But I hate to say I feel good about something, I am always worried that I am going to jinx something. I am such a dumb worrier. When I called Angie tonight we were dreaming how nice it would be to all come out by you. We could all rent a condo on the beach :D!

Hi everyone! J

angieME
09-08-2004, 10:45 PM
Julie, Yes it was great to talk with you tonight. We should all really plan a short trip to meet up in the spring. This way we can all save for it. :lol: That would be so much fun.

Did you watch Trading Spouses yesterday? That guy was so mean to the lady with the blonde hair. I cant wait until next week when she lets him have it. haha

My kids are doing a book drive this week. I guess it is time to buy some mags now. :lol: I will run some by you guys in the morning so you can tell me if you have read them yet. So I know if they are any good or not.

Domino(stray kitty) decided to leave the twins room when they went to bed. Poor guy is gonna go sleep in his culvert.

That would be fun if you and hubby could drive down to Florida while we were there and we could all do Disney for a day or something. We could go out some night. I just read that they have a babysitting service there. :cheer:

Anyhow, I wanted to see if you got the pics. :lol: Noelle, I agree if it was my car and I didnt do it I would have to burn it. :lol:

angieME
09-08-2004, 10:52 PM
ps: Julie, Have a good talk with hubby. I hope you can both decide on a school for your son. Is he getting excited about going? I remember Brit's first day. She looked so cute and then the bus forgot her. :lol: She was late.

angieME
09-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Good Morning girlies!! Julie, I have to thank you. Because you called last night you kept me busy through my crucial craving time of night and I didnt eat any junk last night!!! I ate a banana and that was it. :cheer:

It is raining out so bad right now. It has been all night with no breaks. I guess we are getting what is left of Frances. Poor Domino, he went out before the kids went to bed and it started to rain right after and hasnt stopped.

Not much going on for me today. We have a fly-in coming to Greenville this weekend so maybe I can squeeze one more weeks worth of good money out of the summer. :lol:

jbbm
09-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi girls

Angie you are so welcome. It was alot of fun talking. And I am glad I caught you at your craving time. If I had the money to call ya every night and chat during our "craving time" I would. Good for you though, eating the banana. I know you will get back to where you are comfortable again. YOU WILL!! Just love yourself and try to be healthy, okay? I did not eat any carbs for breakfast since I darn near ate the whole pan of cornbread last night :devil:. Just made some eggs with some pam spray.

Well not much going on here today. Gotta make phone calls and make some list of things I need from the stores. Fun, fun. I should really make an appt. to get my furnace checked before winter. Hubby changes the filter, but I think I would feel more safe if a professional did a good tune up on it. Well check back later. Julie

jbbm
09-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Kempy are you home today? Are you going in to work anymore? Did they find someone yet to replace you? Okay sorry to ask so many questions. Hehe....I hope you are feeling better. I am sure your dh is taking great care of you. Ahhhhh sometimes I miss those days when I was sick or something dh would baby me. Now it is always the kids, I never feel like I get any attention :lol:. Hope you feel better.

Hi Cal, Summer, Holly, Noelle and everyone! Have a great day today.

melekalikimaka
09-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Good morning girls. I took my son to sign up for free swimming lessons at the local gym. He'll start in 2 weeks every Saturday. I want to start him off right so he's comfortable in the water and safe. My dad said "why don't you just take him to the beach and put him on a blow-up air mattress and tip him over?" That was supposed to be a funny(?!) comment about what happened to me when I was 5--then I hated the water ever since and never learned to swim. But anyway... hope this goes well. I ran into my first best girlfriend, from kindergarten who still lives down the street from me. She was signing her kids up for swimming too so we got to chat for a little while, that was fun. Well, it's Thursday and we're sooooo close to the weekend, can't wait!

That's neat that Julie and Angie got to talk on the phone. I always think about how neat that would be but then I imagine myself getting all tongue-tied and not knowing what to say. Funny how we can spill our guts here but I wonder how it would be when we all actually meet :lol:. I guess I'll soon find out when I meet Cal. I just know I'll be all goofy--which will be fitting since we'll be at Disneyland :dizzy:.

Angie did the rain let up yet? and did Domino decide to come back home? Hope he'll be okay.

Julie, I have a cousin who takes pics of every event in her 3 kids' lives--I mean EVERY event. Her oldest boy is on his 2nd day of 1st grade and her middle daughter just started preK yesterday. I got pics of them both. It's cute how she took a "before" school photo of the kids looking all apprehensive, then the "after" school photo with them all smiles. I'm sure your son will be fine. Did you guys make a decision about the school and when he'll be starting? I know you'll be nervous too, but proud. He must be excited.

Kempy, how's the arm? Too bad you don't have that voice recognition software where you speak into the microphone and the computer "types" for you. Get better quick!

Cal are you keeping those kids in line? I know you are :lol:

Gotta run for now, hello to Holly and Summer. Everybody have a good day!!

calnative
09-10-2004, 12:47 AM
It's nice to see so many posts; I feel guilty for not posting more often. I am usually so tired in the evening, or I'm doing some work for school on my computer. I have my grade book on the computer and I do most of the work at home because I just don't have time during the day at school. Fortunately, the school gave me a 'key-drive' and I can save my information on it and take it to school and put it on my computer there. I love those things; it just clips onto my keychain and away I go!! :D

Angie: I never got the e-mail either. I hope your ankle is better. You can send some of your rain our way. :rain: It's so dry here. We got some rain last Saturday--for all of 20 minutes. The streets even had rivers, but within an hour it didn't look like it had rained at all.

Kempy: Congrats!! :bravo: :cb: :hat: I hope everything is going well for you.

Noelle: I'll look forward to your vacation info. I'm counting down as well, but I'm not sure if it's because we're going to CA or because we'll be on break for 2 weeks. :lol: I do look forward to meeting you.

Hello to Julie, Holly, and Summer. Have a great evening.

Cal

angieME
09-10-2004, 10:00 AM
Cal, I dont think I have your email.

Well, I actually had my first totally OP day dieting yesterday. Now to do another oh....REST OF MY LIFE!!!!! :lol:

I invited my sis to come join us ....maybe she will this time. Wendy???????? :lol:

Not much happening today. Rainy and dark.

I will be back later to check in.

melekalikimaka
09-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Oh Wendy??? Looking forward to meeting youuuuu :)

angieME
09-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Good afternoon ladies!!!

Kempy, How is your arm feeling? Better I hope.

Julie, Where are ya today girl? I hope your day is going great!

Noelle, I thought Wen was coming but maybe not. I have tried to get her here before.

Whats for supper tonight? I am making Terriyaki chicken,rice and brocolli

angieME
09-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Good Afternoon pretty ladies!!! :lol: I feel goofy today!!!

Well, Guess what?...You will never guess.....Betcha cant..... okay, I made it OP for almost 3 days!!!!! Holy Freakin Cow Man!!!! I havent exercised yet but I will get right on that this week. I just want to get osme energy back and some bloat gone. Plus I had to let my ankle get better. It is still tight when I bend it but other than that I am good to go. I noticed today that when I fell I black and blued my other knee pretty bad. At least it is still bruised up. I am a clutz!!!

I am having lobster spaghetti for supper while Jay and Brit have Ribs.

I hope everyone is having a good day. Luv ya all!!!!!!!!

GEMonster
09-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Hey lovely ladies!

I am here - crazy busy but I am not gettin notified by e-mail of people posting :?: . So I thought it strange and came here and checked it out - I'VE MISSED ALOT! Sorry. I'll be more dilligent and check in more often.

I have not been doing well on my exercise. Right now it consists of walking the dog at least 5000 steps or 1.5 miles 5 days a week weather permitting, 1 day 90 minute Yoga session, 3 days a week of pilates for 25 minutes. I need to find something I look forward to... Frankly not a good :censored: time of year for me. As a friend said...and this too shall pass....I hope....

I'm going to the Bills (yes, I'm in Buffalo) home opener tomorrow. Me and 15 guys (including Michael) - I like those odds :devil:

I am still having a love/hate relationship with my 100 carbs a day and I don't watch them on Saturday because the margaritas have to fit in somewhere!

Angie way to stay OP :cp: You are a much stronger woman than you give yourself credit for. I will have to PM you my e-mail address because I could use a laugh at work.

Kempy I am so sorry about your arm :( but overjoyed at your graduation :dancer:. I hope you are feeling well enough soon and I think you should get the arm checked out. Not trying to be mom here - I just want to make sure you are fully 100% for your salon.

Noelle you are right about motivation. Sometimes I forget my motivation in the moment I am in. I think it is great that your son is taking swim lessons - I think that is one of the most important things for kids to learn. Here I am :blah: like I have a kid - I just was that kid - I think it saved my life there. I respected but did not fear the water. Now I will get off my :soap: box. I hope you are having a great weekend.

Cal how is school going? are you loving it? how is the eating and exercise? You sound like a very busy lady.

Julie I agree with you about Wendy - we want to say hi! come out and play! I need to get someone to clean the furnace ducts before winter - thanks for the reminder. We have only lived in this house a little over a year but the lady before lived here for 40 years and I do not know the last time it was cleaned...She had Alzheimers so she couldn't tell me either. I hope you and DH came up with a good solution for you DS and school.

Quote:
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

be well. love well. live well.

;) Summer ;)

angieME
09-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Good Morning girls!!

You wont believe what happened last night. We were watching tv and my neighbor up the hill called. A cat had got run over at the top of the hill!!!!! It was my baby kitten that I saved last year!!!! I am more sad about her dying than I was Shadow because she wasnt even a year old yet. She didnt get to live as long. Poor baby!!! She was my cuddler. She acted so cold towards us when we found her but after a few months she really warmed up and she slept with me and she would go to the door and cry for me if I took the dogs out to pee without her. She HAD to have a bowl of skim milk every morning. She would follow me around until she got it. :lol: She wouldnt touch whole milk either. it had to be skim. I will miss her so much!!!!

I have been OP for a while.

I will check back later. Luv you guys!!!

GEMonster
09-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Angie I am so sorry on your loss again! :(
Sending you big hugs!

Summer

angieME
09-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Thank you Summer that means alot to me.

jbbm
09-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Good Morning girls

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Summer no problem about the reminder. It feels safer in the house having it checked out. I hoped you had fun with the "15 guys" :lol:yesterday! I bet it was a great time.

Well I totally ate what I wanted this weekend. Didn't worry about carbs or anything. Kinda have a belly ache. I had to anyway my birthday only comes once a year. But i ate two pieces of cake. Oh well back to work this week on eating right.

Check back, Julie

jbbm
09-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Sorry Angie

GEMonster
09-13-2004, 12:18 PM
Okay I somehow Unsubscribed myself from this thread - how do I re-subscribe? DO I just keep posting? I WANT TO STAY WITH THIS THREAD....
I also need more coffee :coffee:

Kempyd
09-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Hugs Angie, I am right there with you unfourtunatly. My baby girl kitty was killed Thursday. I have had the week from ****. With falling and no being able to do anything, her dying and then fighting with that friend that is having the wedding.

Angie I am glad to hear that you have been op. I on the other hand cold not be any further from it. I am going to try to be good today though. I am still having a hard time with my arm. It isn't bad though. I just will move the wrong way and feel some pain.

Ok, I need to get some sort of work done but I will try to be back later. I have to keep an eye on Ivan. We don't know if we have to leave or not.

angieME
09-13-2004, 12:28 PM
{{{{{KEMPY}}}}}} I am so sorry about your little girl. It is so sad when it happens isnt it? Did she get hit by a car too? Poor baby.

You have been having a bad week.I have been watching the weather channel. Is it going to come up your way or over Georgia? If you have to leave you guys can always fly over here and stay with me. ;)

My ankle is still tight when I bend it but other than that it is better. We did a 1 1/2 mile walk today.

angieME
09-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Summer do the advanced post. The one you would use to do the smileys. At the bottom there is a think to click to choose your notification. I do the instant email notification. Maybe that will help.

melekalikimaka
09-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Julie!!! :wave: :balloons: :hat: :hb: :dancer: :dance: :jig: :lol: :lucky: :gift:

melekalikimaka
09-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Hey girls, I'm having a really crazy morning right now, but had to pop in and say hi. Ok, Angie and Kempy, y'all have to stop having these freaky parallels in your lives!!! First the birthdate, then the injuries, then the cat tragedies. I'm so sorry about both your losses :( :grouphug: Hugs to you both.

Giving a shout out to Summer the lucky gal with the the 15 guy weekend and Cal and Holly...have a great day. I'll try and swing back here later.

melekalikimaka
09-13-2004, 03:50 PM
p.s. Angie, good job on staying OP!!! :D

jbbm
09-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Thanks Noelle your a honey. Julie

Kempyd
09-13-2004, 04:51 PM
Julie now I feel terrible. I didn't even tell you happy birthday. Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Was it a good one for ya? I saw that you ate to much cake but who cares on the big day.

Noelle you are right, Angie and are having the same things happen. Weird, huh?

Angie I don't want to think about my kitty b/c it was the garage door that got her. Thank god my friends got to the house b4 I did. I think I would have lost it more than I did if I had found her. I hit the ground as it was when I heard. Ok, enough about that. It makes me really upset to think about it.

angieME
09-13-2004, 04:52 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!! JULIE< I am so sorry I must have skipped right over the fact that it was your birthday. Now I feel like an ***!!! :lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!

angieME
09-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Oh Kempy, I am so sorry. That is tragic. Poor Kitty.{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}

angieME
09-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Julie, Happy Birthday to you!!!! :gift: :balloons: :hb: Since I couldnt be there with you eating all the yummy cake. I got you something. Let me know if you get it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!!

angieME
09-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Cool I didnt know how to do the big letters like Noelle did. NEAT!!!!

jbbm
09-13-2004, 09:31 PM
ANGIE!!!! I got it! I can't believe you did that for me, I showed my husband and he said that was so nice too. You are such a good friend, you did not have to do that. You are so kind and special. Thank you very much. Luv ya and HUGS to you.

Kempy I am also sorry to hear about your kitty too. Gosh, I feel for you and Angie it is so hard to lose a pet. Hugs to you also. Yes I did have a good birthday, Sunday I woke up and could smell bacon cooking :lol:, I am like a damn blood hound when it comes to smelling food!! So hus made breakfast, cake and the kids got me some presents. I got a beautiful arrangement of flowers delivered from my brother in CA. They have sunflowers, lillies, roses, carnations, and greenery. They are beautiful.

Noelle how are you? I hope your day got less crazy for you :dizzy:. My ds starts pre-k tomorrow and has a physical with four or five shots after that. Ugh, I am not looking foward to that. It was easier when he was a baby, well not really, but the holding him down part is going to be harder and bring me to tears :^:.

Well guys I just finally got a moment to pop in again, and wanted to say Hi.
Angie I just can not get over what you did. It was so nice of you. I feel like have known you girls forever! Well I got to get the kiddos ready for bed. Might even sneek a little bit of the Packer-Panthers game in. Take care and hi to everyone I did not mention. Julie

jbbm
09-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Angie I am jumping up and down looking at all the neat stuff! I can't wait to pick something out. Thanks again, I am so shocked by your kindness. It is going to be so much fun to get something, I will let you know what I pick out. Julie :)

calnative
09-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Hello Ladies,

Angie and Kempy: I am really sorry to hear about your pets. I have not owned a cat in several years, ever since I learned I'm allergic. I am working on getting Ashley a dog. She's wanted a black poodle for over a year, so we are checking often with the humane society here. They have us on a list for a black poodle, if they happen to get one.

DH will be home in 10 days (Ashley's counting) :D In fact, she's been crossing the days off since Sept 1. Hubbie said it snowed today and the weather forecast is for up to 3 inches of snow by tomorrow evening. I think he will be glad to leave when he is. Of course, he has asked me if I'd like to move up there. I think his brain is already frozen. :lol:

Noelle: I'm looking forward to hearing from you and getting your travel info. My sister and I are looking at hotels now in the Disneyland area, but I would like to know where you will be staying and maybe we can get close by. We will be there on Sat, Oct 2. My sis has to be back to work on Monday, but I may stay over. PM me with your info. I'm really looking forward to meeting you.

Hello to everyone else and have a great evening.

Cal

angieME
09-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Julie, You are welcome. I didnt have your adress so I couldnt send you anything so this was just as good. :lol: MMM Bacon!!! I would love it if I got woken up to the smell of bacon being cooked by someone else of course. haha I am glad you had a good day.

Cal, Have you checked on Petfinder for a poodle? You can look specifically for poodles. It usually doesnt matter what state it is located in because there are people who will help transport it to you. That is what happened with Mickey. He came from Tennessee.

Kempy, I heard on the news this morning that your governor has told everyone to move to higher ground. Do you have to leave? Do you have anywhere to go that will be safe?

I am down one pound from my normal weight so that is pretty good. Just 70 more to go. :lol:

angieME
09-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Julie, How did your son handle leaving for school today? I bet he will have a blast. Once today is over he wont be able to wait for tomorrow. Does he go all day or just half days?

Kempyd
09-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Good Monrning guys. It is pandamonium down here today. The gas satations are starting to run out of regular gas and we still have one day b4 the storm makes land fall somewhere. They still really don't know where it is going to hit so everyone is making preperations. The interstate going into New Orleans is closed so they can atleast keep people from heading into the city. They issued a voluntary evacuation for NO but we don't have to leave. NO is like a bowl so they can flood pretty easy. In fact some of the houses are below the river level and when a ship passes by it is riding higher than their house. Really weird to see that. I think we are just going to stay at home. I think we should be ok. The only think I worry about it our hugh windows on the back of the house. They are 84 x 96. Those are pretty big and I have three that size.

Julie what in the world did Angie get you?

Cal when is it again that you and Noelle get to hang out? Yiou guys better take some pictures and post them here. That is just the coolest thing I have ever heard. I never thought any of us would actually get to meet.

Joe just called me from the store asking what I wanted for food. I can see now that this storm is ging to be a reason to eat. He is getting cookies and chips. Just what I need in the house. I have to cook dinner for my eighbor tomorrow night. It is her b-day and her hubby is out of town. I hope she doens't mind if it is pouring outside.

angieME
09-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Kempy, I hope you guys stay safe. I would be scared to death. Do the pups flip out when you get storms? I would use it as an excuse to eat too. :lol: I got Julie the same thing you got me for my B-day. It is a neat idea. I never knew you could do that until you did.

I got in a walk this morning. We are only doing the 1 1/2 mile walk but it is the one that is half uphill. By the way me and Candi are breathing I guess it is something. :lol:

Kempyd
09-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Joe got some ply wood to cover up the windows. He said he saw one of ouor neighbors and they are covering their windows so I guess he thinks we should too. he is getting one of his friends to come over and move all of or furniture off of the deck and into the garage. I cant help him with my arm hurting still. The dogs don't really mind. The only bad thing now is that Echo is in heat so even if I give thema bath to stay inside we are going to have to get some sort of diaper on her.

I send those gift certificates to Joe's family. It is easier than trying to ship something to them. That way you can just pick out what you want. There are lots of sites that offer that. You can even sent bigger stores gift cards. As long as you know that one is in their area.

I don't think I will be getting any walking in this week. Good for you though.

angieME
09-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Cal, I just looked on Petfinder for Poodles in your area and this is one I found. It is just a baby. Here is the link to the pup. http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3217309&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=414705180c0508b2-app4&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Kempy, Stay safe girl. I will be worried about you until I know you are safe so make sure to check in as soon as you can okay? Jays Aunt lives in Cairo,Georgia and she just emailed me to tell me that they lost their roof with Frances so they are really worried about this one.

jbbm
09-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Good Morning girls....

Angie that was the neatest idea, I did not know you could get those either. Congrats on the pound, it is a start in the right direction :bravo:, it seems you are really putting an effort to stay on track, GO GIRL!

Kempy gosh, I hope you stay safe. One thing you can't control the weather. I hope the storm does not get to heavy for ya. I can't imagine covering up my windows. Here, its run to the basement for the stupid tornados. Well your in my thoughts. That is sweet of Joe by the way to go to the store.

Well about my day....snif, snif, he is act school. When he walked in the classroom he asked where is the organ and piano? He wanted to go into the upper part of the church and play it :lol:. He looked scared to death walking out the door this morning but I think he will warm up in no time! I feel a little sad, did not cry as much as I thought I would, I did not let him see me cry ;). It feels like he was just a week old and had that special brand new baby smell and I was rocking him in my arms. Well I shut up now :lol:!! Sorry for rambling. Everyone have a great day and will check back after his doctor appt. SHOTS, yuck. Noelle I am sure you remember those for Michael's kindergarten physical. Well it is just half days a couple days a week for my dh, just pre-k yet. Gotta run, hello to Noelle, Summer, Holly, and Cal. Julie

jbbm
09-14-2004, 12:12 PM
OOOOPPPPs, I meant half days for my ds. I am losing it :dizzy: :lol:! I wish dh only had to work half days that would be great. More help around here. Hehehehe

melekalikimaka
09-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Happy Tuesday girls. Not too much happening around here today YET. One of the plumbers decided to quit yesterday, I guess he realized that he actually had to work? It's weird because when we advertise for help wanted, we always say journeyman plumber (which means licensed) or equivalent--which means you don't have to have the license, but your skills and abilities are at the journeyman level. So far, these guys we've gotten believe they're skilled journeyman plumbers, but when you put them out in the field, they don't know jack :shrug:. I know a lot about plumbing repair in theory, but I wouldn't be able to physically do it--well, I've never tried it anyway. Maybe now's the time? :lol:

Kempy, stay safe! I hope you guys don't have to evacuate too. Maybe you and Joe and your girls can have a nice little cozy time when the rain comes. It sounds like the perfect opportunity for the munchies :corn: You must have some great view with those huge windows in the house.

Julie, by the time you read this your DS will be back at home telling you all about his day. How'd it go? I bet he had lots of fun. That's cute about your son wanting to play the organ and piano in the church. Do you have one at home? We have a piano and since Michael is such a Harry Potter fan I taught him a little rift of "Hedwig's Theme" which he bangs out pretty good by himself now. I'm thinking of sending him to lessons...

Angie, I knew you'd come up with a pup for Cal :lol:. That petfinder is a great site. Hey girl, keep up the motivation--congrats on the pound! That's awesome!!! I'm struggling along right now, my willpower comes in fits and starts, nothing automatic yet. You can be my hero, again.

Cal, I promise I will get you info by tonight. The itinerary is sitting on my dresser drawer so when I go home for lunch (or after work) I'll PM you. I dunno about taking loads of pics of us at Disneyland and posting them here though :lol:, I wouldn't wanna scare anyone :lol: OK,well, maybe a couple of pics.

Summer, I was thinking about it and I haven't been getting all the notifications of the posts either, and I started the darn thread. I know there is a definite lag of when the post is posted on the thread, and when the notification hits your email...are you still enjoying this family birthday month?

Holly, how are ya hanging in there? Pop in if you can.

Well, gotta run for now, be back later. Have a great day!

melekalikimaka
09-14-2004, 06:07 PM
:grouphug: Hey Julie, don't feel down. My old boss' youngest boy was diagnosed with a form of autism and with the schooling and attention he's gotten, he's progressing really well. I think he's around 7 now and they're almost ready to mainstream him into the regular system. Hope this doesn't make you feel worse. Don't even think the diagnosis is your fault, these things can happen to anyone. Have you asked the Dr. if there are parent support groups for this type of thing? Go out and talk to people in a similar situation, or since we're always on the computer, I'm sure there are online support groups with info you can research up on. Don't apologize for sounding off here, we're all friends and happy to lend an ear.

Glad to hear he had a good day at school. Thinking of you and your sweet DS. Take care girl.

angieME
09-14-2004, 06:20 PM
{{{{JULIE}}}}}} Is there anything I can do to help you? I am so sorry. I just looked up autism and they have tons of websights for it. There is lots of help out there so it may not be as bad as it seems at first. Do you know when the college can see you? Soon I hope. I hate to see you worry for a long time. Did the doctor give you any advice or anything to comfort you so as not to have you worry too much? :grouphug:

I am glad he had a good day at school today. Once he makes some new friends he will be excited to go everyday.

calnative
09-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Angie: Thanks for the website. I'll check it out as soon as I can. I won't tell Ashley about it unless we decide to get the dog.

Kempy: Take care during the storm. I sure hope you don't have to evacuate. Good idea about boarding up your windows; better safe than sorry. Enjoy the togetherness of you, hubbie, and the little girls. By the way Noelle and I are supposed to meet up around the first week of October. It will be so fun.

Julie: How great that your little one liked his first day at school. I would recommend holding off on testing until he's a little older. I'm no expert, but sometimes the little ones just need a little maturing and the company of other little ones. Is he an only child? How often does he play with other children? I ask only because it can make a difference in how they act around other children. Go with your heart. We're all here for you. :grouphug:

Noelle: I'll look forward to the info. Look forward to meeting you.

I had my first evaluation today; did pretty well. I wasn't nervous, in fact, I asked for the evaluation so I could get it over with. The other two teachers on my team, both new teachers, are really nervous. I just don't let those things bother me. I know I'm a good teacher and so I don't worry. If there is anything I need to improve upon, I'm glad for the input.

Hubbie will be home next week. :cb: :dancer: He told me this afternoon that it is snowing. They are supposed to get 3 inches by tonight. Also, a couple of days ago, he asked me if I'd like to move there. He said that he really likes it and he thinks that maybe we should consider it. I told him that we'll talk about it after he's back here and his brain has thawed out. :lol:

Hope everyone has a safe and great evening.

Cal

angieME
09-15-2004, 12:08 PM
GOOD MORNING

Julie, I am sorry. I knew you didnt mean that he doesnt talk or anything like that. I looked it up and saw the different types and the milder ones and all. I just wanted to try and help if I could. {{{HUGS}}}}

Cal, Did you look at the puppy? Oh my god what a sweetie pie> I bet you two are so excited that your hubby is coming home. He will catch pneumonia with that temp switch.

I have to take Mickey to the vets in a minute to get neutered. I feel so bad because I think he will think he is getting dumped again. Poor baby.

Anyway I just wanted to check in with ya all.

Kempyd
09-15-2004, 12:55 PM
Julie, I hope everything will be ok. I am usre they will though. You are a great mom and I just know that you are going to help him get through this.

Noelle my dad used to do some plumber work when I was young. His dad owed a business. He really only took care of our rental properties but he managed to teach my brother a few things. It is nice to ahve someone in the family who knows how to do that sort of stuff. It is really nice in the winter when pipes tend to freeze down here.

We still have not gotten any rain yet today. I have been watching the weather chanell and they a in Pensacola beach and boy does it look bad. I am used to it looking a certain way and it is pretty rough out there. It almost looks like the Pacific and that is just weird. They say we are going to get the rain tonight. Figures. I like to watch the wind and rain and we can't do that if it is dark. I do have 3 movies to watch so that will be fun. I am going to give the dogs a bath and let them stay in with us. Not that they are bothered by it being in the garage.

I need to get dressed for the day so I will chech back in later today to keep you guys posted. (if I don't blow away) :lol:

jbbm
09-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Good Morning Girls -late morning!

Kempy I hope you stay safe down there. If you do not have to evacuate I think your plan of curling up on the couch with dh and the doggies watching movies sounds good. Stay safe and thanks for your concern. I am just so down today.

Angie good lucky with the puppy at the vet. I hope Mickey does okay. I will say a little prayer for him. He knows you love him and will be back, try not to worry, okay?

Cal I do agree with you in a way about holding off, but his doctor thinks he should. Do I go against him? He said this childrens hospital is much better than the school system testing him. I guess I have to trust him, but in my heart I know he is just a five year old boy that may be a little hyper? I don't know. Maybe I am just getting worked up way too much. Anyway thanks, and I hope you husband has a safe trip home.

Well I have tons of stuff to get done. I will talk to you girls later. Hi Noelle, Summer, and Holly! Have a great day everyone.

melekalikimaka
09-15-2004, 05:35 PM
:lol: Hey ladies. I just PM'd Cal with my trip information and just typing it out got me all hyped up about going. Can't wait, just 17 more days :dancer:.

Julie, sometimes I think doctors like to put a label on everything just so they can prescribe something. If he's functioning normally at school then I would take the wait and see approach, like Cal said, let him interact with other kids and see how he comes along. I have a friend whose son was placed in an alternative school for kids with behavioral problems (not always negative behaviors, just not the norm for the mainstream schol system), he's now a senior in high school and in the Nat'l Honor Society. Your precious little boy will be fine :). I can relate to the worrying though. (((Julie))) Hugs again if you need them.

Kempy, yeah you better check in after that storm blows over so we know you're alright. I'll be thinking of you guys. Hmm, what I would do for a steaming hot bowl of something cajun :lol:... Are your power lines underground? What movies do you have? I rented 5 from Blockbuster last weekend and I returned them late! :eek: I had to pay the freakin' late fee, I'm such an idiot. AND they have that special where you pay 14.99 for unlimited rentals--with no late fees, and I didn't go for it the first time. :shrug: But I digress--- STAY SAFE!

Angie, wishing Mickey good luck. Will his bark get higher *snicker* :lol: Do you get to pick him up today? I love it that we have such responsble pet owners here on this thread. We should all pat ourselves on the back. I will be trapping the neighbors cats soon and getting them fixed since they are breeding uncontrollably. There are now 7 cats from 4 months ago and I know the mama is pregnant again. Her "daughters" will soon follow I'm sure :rolleyes:

Cal, I did it, I finally PM'd you the info. That's funny how your hubby wants to move to AK. From one extreme to another temp wise. Congrats on your evaluation, of course you didn't have to worry, you know you're good at what you do and the kids show it.

Summer you're somehwere up east too aren't you? How's the temps in your neck of the woods?

:wave: Hey Holly, come out come out where you are.

Gotta get back to work for now.

melekalikimaka
09-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Julie, OMG I'm sure you heard about it there when it happend, but I saw a news clip last night that a man in Green Bay, WI had tossed a baby in a carseat out of the car he stole from his girlfriend. It was unbelievable. I'm so glad the baby wasn't injured but the guy? He got what was coming to him. He crashsed into a police car and later died of his injuries. That is so freaky. But again, I'm so thankful the baby is safe and back with his mama.

jbbm
09-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Noelle isn't that a scary story. I can't believe someone would actually do something that crazy. Maybe he knew he was trying to kill himself using the car and wanted the baby out? But still that is so wrong to throw that poor kid from the car. Its been all over the local and national news. Btw I had my hus read your part of the message about my ds, we kind of agree, we might not be able to get him in that university hospital for an evualtion for several months anyway, maybe he will surprise us and make a total turn around? Thats what I am praying for :). Luv ya girl. Hope your day is not to stressful for you at work. Julie

jbbm
09-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Angie any word on Mickey yet? I know when we got our dog neutered and the surgery was done they called and said can we also pull some baby teeth of his while he is still under :lol:. I'll never forget that....but anyway I am sure you little guy will do just fine. I know the waiting is hard. He will be so happy to see you when you pick him up and bring him home!

calnative
09-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Noelle: Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to this as well. Is it ok if I try your number before you leave to be sure I can call it? I will let you know soon what my sister and I plan to do. I do know I will be driving to CA on Friday after school. It's only a 4.5 hour drive. I will be going with my 6 (almost 7) year old daughter and my sister. Hubbie has some job interviews and won't be able to come over.

Angie: Glad that Mickey is ok. I did see the puppy. You're right; what a cutie!! Hope your dinner didn't burn too badly. Take care of yourself.

Kempy: Please, do let us know how things are after the storm blows over. I did hear on the news that the new target seems to be Mobile, AL. Take care and enjoy the movies.

Julie: I sure hope your are feeling better about your little one. I'm sure he will be just fine. We are always here for you.

Hello to Summer and Holly.

Cal

melekalikimaka
09-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Cal, sure :callme:

angieME
09-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Hello Chickas!!!!

Noelle, That is so sweet of you to be getting cats fixed that arent even yours!!!! You Rock!!!! My daughters friends Mom has decided to buy 2 Chauahua(sp) puppies and breed them. GGGRRR!!!!! That pisses me off so bad!

WOW! I cant believe we have another couple of girls who get to talk on the phone and even meet. :cheer: I keep looking up airfares to different places and we should all really plan a weekend get together somewhere. Can you just imagine all of us girls together for a few days? FUN!!!

Kempy, How did you and Joe make out? I heard that it didnt hit you guys too bad but you had a few tornados. I hope none of them were near you. Let us know how you made out.

I have to go for a quick walk so I will write more when I get back.

jbbm
09-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Btw, Angie great job on that WALK!!!! You really seem to be getting your grove back :). Julie

angieME
09-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Julie, YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE US!!!

Why would we want you to leave? We luv ya girl!!! ;)

I hope your son feels better. What is his name anyways? I dont think I know either of your kids names do I? I dont want to be too nosy though so if you dont want to say it is okay.

I gots to go to work. Not fun!!

I got Candi's Canine Cooler bed yesterday and I put it where she usually sleeps while I am on the computer and she will lay in front of it instead of on top of it. :lol: Silly Dog. I have gotten her on it once....

angieME
09-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Julie, Dont worry about it. Everyone has their bad days now and then. I am sure I have had my share of bad days. :lol:

KEMPY, ARE YOU OKAY??? Please check in so we know you are safe.

Noelle and Cal, Did you two get to talk on the phone yet? That is so cool that you are going to be meeting in a few weeks.

Well, I am not trying to brag here but I am so proud of myself tonight. You all know how the peanut butter fudge is my worst thing to have to make because I eat half of it. :lol: Today I made a half sheet pan and I DIDN'T eat any of it. I wrapped it and sent it out. :cheer:

melekalikimaka
09-17-2004, 12:04 AM
Hey, that was neat! I just got off the phone with Carol "Cal". She was getting ready for bed and here I was still sitting at my desk at work (it was 4:45 pm here). This trip is going to be so fun!!! I can't wait :cb:

Cal, you take care of yourself and rest up so we can have a good ole time when we get to Disneyland. Our kids will have a blast I'm sure.

Angie, you go girl, way to go on resisting those p-b evil incarnate fudge. You can brag. I ate a chili dog for lunch with fritos :ink:. I have indigestion right now which serves me right *burp*.

Julie, you're entitled to your venting and if you desert us and only hang out on the SAHM thread I'm just going to have to quit my job and barge in on that thread to drag you back here where you belong! :lol: Yes, we love you just the way you are. Sorry to hear about your little one being sick, is he doing any better now? Hope this doesn't affect your dd too. I've been trying to keep my 2 nieces away from my son since they've been out of school due to the flu. I don't want him getting sick right before we go on vacation.

Kempy, I checked the weather in Ponchatoula and it looks like you guys have great weather in store. Are you doing ok out there? How's your arm recuperating?

Whew, it's after 5 pm and I gotta get home. Hello to Summer and Holly :wave:

calnative
09-17-2004, 12:10 AM
I am really enjoying my evening right now. There is no school for students tomorrow :cb: :dancer: but teachers have to go. That's ok because it still feels like a day off when there are no students. We might actually get to work in our rooms for a little while and get caught up on some things. Only 2 more weeks until fall break. That's when I will be meeting Noelle also.

Noelle: It was great to talk to you. It is so nice to be able to put a voice with the name and posts. Like you said, it seems we've known each other forever, but have never heard our voices. I apologize for being so tired. I think it's just a stomach bug. I know I'll be 100% for the trip.

Angie: It was great to be able to talk to Noelle. It will be so nice to post pics---of our children. :D :lol: Do you think we'd actually want to post our own??!?!?!?! :lol: I feel I'm right in the middle between you and Noelle. She is 3 hours behind me and you are 3 hours ahead.

Julie: I hope things are going better for you. I agree with Angie: Don't leave!!! Vent anytime, we're all friends; if you can't vent to your friends, who can you vent to?? Take care of yourself.

Kempy: I hope things are well for you. Maybe the power is a problem, but do come out and let us know you are ok.

Hello to Summer and Holly.

Cal

jbbm
09-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Cal and Noelle isn't it neat putting a voice with a name? I loved talking to Angie on the phone. I would love to call her again and just chat away about everything. I would love to talk with you all! Okay it is now after 10:30 and I did not get a wink of sleep last night so I better go to bed all ready :dizzy:. Julie

jbbm
09-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Good Night Sleep Tight!!

angieME
09-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Good Morning all!!

Jay usually takes free bismarks up to a guy that works at one of the stores we deliver to and he is always joking around with him, "okay where is my free lobster?" :lol: Well as luck would have it a huge hardshell lobster died yesterday and since you cant sell them dead he gave it to Jay. We cooked and picked it last night for supper tonight. :cheer: I get lobster for the next 3 days now. I was planning on it for Saturday and Sunday anyways. Its all good because i could eat it 7 days a week. :lol:

Cal and Noelle, I cant wait for pics from your trip. That sounds so fun.

Julie, Is today any better for you? Did your son get to go to school today?

Not much happening for me today.

Kempyd
09-17-2004, 12:18 PM
OK, I am here and ok. We didn't even get any rain. It was kind of dissapointing. We did all of this stuff and didn't see a drop of rain. Now I have to water my lawn. Our friends in Pensacola didn't do so well though. One of our friends parents lost the whole roof on their house and anther friends parents lost tons of Oak trees. And I mean tons. Their whole lot is covered with them. You can barely see their house b/c there are so many of them. Our aunt had some roof damage and a treee down in their pool. Our cousin had her chimney taken out and 2 trees were down in their yard. I have yet to see pics of the beach. I bet it is bad.

Angie girl you have got to stop talking about lobster. I love the stuff and we have to pay an arm and a leg to get it.

Cal and Noelle I tell ya, I wish I could hop on a plane and come play with you guys in Disney. Make sure you go to the Huanted Mansion for me. Oh yeah, and Indian Jones too. I love both of those rides out there.

Julie I know you were just having a bad day. Youo would never be able to leave us. We love ya to much and like Noelle said we would just have to pull you out of whatever thread you are on right back into this one.

Well, I need to get to cleaning out of closets. I am going to be in my neighbors garage sale so I need to get this crap out of my house.

I'll check back in later.

Kempyd
09-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Oh yeah, Noelle, I have movies from Netflix I really like doing that. Can you get that out there? My arm is better but I have bad days. Yesterday I wanted to cut it off. I would move wrong and as soo as I did I wished that I hadn't. I just need to stop doing things to re-injur it and leave it alone.

angieME
09-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Kempy, I am so glad you both are safe. Thanks for letting us know.

angieME
09-17-2004, 12:21 PM
not to sound totally stupid but what is the DOS window on a computer? I still cant get my Norton to work

melekalikimaka
09-17-2004, 02:48 PM
DOS: Drive Operating System. That's all I know. How you use it and how to run it I don't know :^: I have friends who do that for me. Julie, your hubby have any suggestions?

Phones ringing, gotta go. :)

melekalikimaka
09-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Hey girls, I stopped to take a breather. Warning! Rant ahead *grrrrrr*.

Ok you guys all know how I get along so famously (NOT!) with my BIL (the unemployed druggie one?), Anyway, his condition is getting out of hand and Rick is spending more and more time trying to keep him from spiraling further out of control. This guy is homeless, on drugs, doesn't eat because he's on drugs and is getting physically ill. He even spent a whole workday (mine) sleeping outside of the warehouse on the ground. First i called Rick who told me to leave him alone, but I couldn't do that and I didn't feel safe with him hanging around. I called the cops on him--but nothing happened. I don't know if they showed up and if he convinced them he belonged there or whatever, but when I left for lunch and at the end of the day he was still there! But I called around and got information from some local shelters and treatment facilities who basically told me that they will take him in and rehabilitate him at no cost to us. So I got all excited about that and told Rick, he agreed it was a good thing but what I can't understand is his reluctance to bring his brother to the shelter. He says the guy is fragile emotionally and he doesn't wanna make things worse. WTF? I have tried and tried to explain to Rick that the treatment facilities have substance abuse counselors, medical doctors, and mental health experts at hand to help these types of people. I know it's selfish of me but I just want this guy out of my life until he gets his act together. I don't like him hanging around my house, my son or my workplace for that matter while he's on drugs. I can't get through to Rick and it's just frustrating the **** out of me. I have told Rick that he needs to be around more for me and Michael--he needs to be a better parent to his son, not his brother. It just bugs me like you can't imagine. I'm getting all worked up just typing this out. But thanks for listening guys. I had to get that off my chest. Any suggestions about making either of them see the light? Do I have to do the tough love thing and say, get help or get out? I wish I could... grrrrrrrr~

Sorry I don't have many more positive things to say but this is what is on my mind at the moment. I'll be back later when I'm feeling a little more calm :mad:

angieME
09-17-2004, 06:11 PM
{{{{Noelle}}}}} You can vent here all you want. I wished I had an answer for you but I dont. I do agree with you though, I wouldnt want a drug abuser hanging out around me or my kids even if he is family. If he is on hard drugs there is no telling what he may do. Rick must be a great brother because it sounds like he does alot for his family but what his brother needs is treatment. That being said....He may not be able to make him do it. He is going to want to do it for himself.

All I can say is that I sympathize with you. Sorry I wasnt any help.

GEMonster
09-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Hey Ladies!

It's me - finishing up the wacky week and birthdaypaloozas. DH's birthday was yesterday and we had such an Amazing dinner :hun:. I am sorry to be so infrequent - I want to be here more!! between Michael, work, board, and the fundraiser (cookbook auction!!!!!!!!!!!) I'm a little scattered :dizzy:

Julie thanks for asking about the diet. I hate it - I hate the stomach ache it gives. I am trying to find something fun to eat - so my husband agreed to go to cooking classes with me! So maybe Mr. Picky Eater can find something we both like. I was at the farmers market today and all the fresh fruits and veggies I Love! I had to get concord grapes....

Noelle :grouphug: I agree with you about the influence you do not want around your kids. I don't know much about substance abuse but I do know half the time they do not know what they are thinking. I think Rick needs to seriously consider what may be best for his brothers health now so he can have a future. He may be emotionally fragile - but he probably was that when he started :soap: and has only gone down hill from there. There is no uphill unless he gets a push uphill....okay I'll stop now too. I'm sorry I just wish I could be more of a help! I like the new Avatar! I would love to see Bangkok. If I had a choice I would probably say I wish I was in Vienna or Provence.

Kempy I am glad you were spared the awful weather. One of my clients lost his home and he found out via TV when a helicopter flew over and was showing arial shots because the road was washed out in places. Treat that arm well! I hope you are 100% soon.

Angie how is your family? Are you still thinking of moving? Lucky girl you get lobster! DOS Window - go to your control panel and under help they should get you there - the command prompt window should be an option.

Cal you sound so well! I hope you enjoyed your day without students and your trip to California soon. Lucky you and Angie get to meet! One day...I swear!

Quote:
It's not the hours you put in your work that counts, it's the work you put in the hours. Sam Ewing

be well. live well. love well.

;) Summer ;)

angieME
09-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Happy Weekend!! It rained so bad yesterday and the high temp for the day was 47!!!!It was 75 the day before. :lol: Today isnt any warmer and it is windy to boot. The trees are all changing colors really fast now too. I guess summer is over.

I didnt do much this weekend. Got my grocery shopping done and that was about it.

Julie, I hope you feel better soon.

Summer, You are one busy woman huh?

I am thinking of joining the YMCA with my Mom sis and clyde. I would get to do the weights that way. I dont know...

angieME
09-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Good Morning. I am here. I dont have anything to say because I posted last. :lol: I just wanted to check in. I will post when everyone comes in for the day.

angieME
09-20-2004, 12:56 PM
HELLO???.......

angieME
09-20-2004, 12:57 PM
ANYBODY HERE???.......

angieME
09-20-2004, 12:58 PM
SO BORED!!!!!.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jbbm
09-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Hi girls

Angie I am here, well sort of, haha....still got this cold and the kids do too. Don't know if i should send my ds to school tomorrow or not. Kinda feeling down, just about son and what is going on.....could be the pms kicking in :lol:.
What are ya making for dinner tonight? I think that is great that you may join the Y, when the kids are in school and you don't have to work you could go. You may love it. I have never been a member but have thought about it.

Everyone must be busy right now?? I don't know where everyone is :^:. Check back later girlies. Julie

Kempyd
09-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Sorry so late! I had to start to show the boss man what I do around here. It felt kind of weird b/c I really don't do thatmuch so it didn't take very long to show him some things.

Angie I think you should join. It would be what you need to start losing again. I am a firm beliver in weight training. I think that is better than hours of cardio. I feel that when someone has a good muscle build up when they do gain a little it isn't as easy to see the gain.

Julie I am having left over pot roast. Not to exciting but I have to clean the house. Joe's family is coming over for red beans and rice on Wednesday so I need to make it shine. Some of his family is in from Pensacola since they don't have power. They are tired of taking cold showers and not being able to do anything so they headed our way.

Summer is is really bad in FL. Joe went over to bring in supplies and he said that you could never imagine how bad it really is. He said it looks like a bomb went off.

Noelle I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I don't. Just know that we are all here for you and we are all saying a litle prayer for ya!

If you guys want to see some pics form FL go to www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
and click on the big picture. That will take you to more pics that you can scroll through. Each little picture on the next page has other pictures with it. Just click on it and it should pull up the others. It is so weird to see it b/c I used to live there and I know what things are supposed to look like. It looks like we wont have a beach to go to for awhile. That really sucks!

angieME
09-20-2004, 05:13 PM
WOW Kempy those are some pics!! How long did you guys live there?

When is your last day of work?

Julie, I hope you and the kids get better soon.

Kempyd
09-20-2004, 05:39 PM
We were there for 4 years.

My last day is next Wednesday. I feel like it should be today though. I am not doing anything productive. I really think he is only letting me stay so that he can go run errands during the day. I don't think he is realizing what he is going to be doing. He really only has one girl that can work whatever schedule and he watns to put her in the new childcare that he is opening. He is going to be working some long *** days. But, oh well. It is not my problem after next week.

Have you been OP today Angie?

angieME
09-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Yep I have. I am going on 2 weeks now. I started my period today too so I guess I made it through PMS. :lol: I weighed in this morning and I am down about 5.5 pounds plus whatever bloat I had before I started. I would like to try and lose 20 pounds before we go to Florida and then I will do what I want while we are there and get back OP when we return. I am bringing alot of my meals with me this year so hopefully I wont do to badly.

melekalikimaka
09-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Hey girls, hope everyone had a good weekend. Thanks for your kind words and hugs. They helped even though I still have nothing good to say about my BIL so I will just :ziplip: . My weekend was pretty uneventful. Went to a church/school fundraiser luau for lunch on Saturday, then to a women's expo with 5 of my 6 sisters on Sunday. We got all kinds of samples like nail color, hair products, massage lotions and oils, etc. Then I went home and enjoyed the quiet solitude--Rick took Michael to my oldest sister's house where they had a BBQ. I chose to stay home and just veg. Ahhh relaxation.

Kempy, those are some unreal pictures. I am glad that your family and friends living there did not get injured themselves. Homes can be rebuilt, but losing people is another story. How many hours away is Pensacola? Wow, I didn't realize you were almost done working there, that is so cool!

Angie, you got your groove back girl :high: I knew you would. I'm kind of slacking off (still) but know that when I get back from my vacation October is my month for weight-loss resolution and resolve, I don't know why that is, but it is?!? So I am going to enjoy my vacation and get back to business when I get back. I'm sure any vacation pictures will mortify me into sticking to a diet :lol:

Julie, hope you and your little ones are getting well. Is it flu season? 3 of my nieces have come down with the sniffles...I'm trying to keep them away from Michael so he doesn't get sick on the trip :crossed:

Summer, I just had to look up pictures of Vienna and Provence. So beautiful. I have never traveled to Europe but I will someday. *dreaming*

Cal and Holly, how are your days going? Have a good evening, both of you.

Gotta get back to work for now, see y'all later.

Kempyd
09-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Hey, where is everyone this morning? I am just sitting here eating my breakfast. A myoplex bar and an enrgy drink. I tired to get up early and make myself something a little more nutritious but I didn't sleep very well last night.

I am proud of myself, I have been OP for 2 whole days. I know it isn't much but I have to take it very slow. I was starving last ngiht though at around 9. I had to keep myself busy with house cleaning so I wouldn't eat. I ended up hurting my hand again. I think I just pushed it too hard. I never realize how much I move my wrist around doing chores. It was killing em when i went to bed.

Noelle we are about 2 1/2 hours from Pensacola. We didn't even get any rain though. I feel terrible seeing all of that too. It always sounds like you do such cool stuff over there on that island. Are you sure you can't go to CA in December too. We are going to see Joe's family then. How about you Cal?

Well, I guess I need to get back to doing some form of work today. I will be checking back in later though.

Kempyd
09-21-2004, 12:01 PM
I THINK I AM HEARING AN ECHO IN HERE!!!

angieME
09-21-2004, 12:18 PM
HI! I am here. I was showing Jay all the pics from Ivan and then I had to take a shower. I am going to the Y tonight on a guest pass to see if I like it. The thing that makes me nervous is that I hate to be looked at so I am afraid there will be lots of fit people in there watching me jiggle and sweat.

I was watching plastic surgery before and after the other night and they had a woman on there who had a surgery to shorten her intestines(I think thats what it was) so that she only absorbed a few calories of the foods she ate. She eats just like always but she lost 150 pounds. She said the only thing is she has to take vitamins. I want that!!!! She had a tummy tuck and her hips and butt done and she looked HOT!!! I am so jealous!! :lol:

Noelle, You must be getting psyched for vacation!! Are you and Cal staying at the same hotel? I kept my kids away from anyone with a cold last year too. :lol:

Kempy, I am going to miss you when you leave your job. You wont be able to get here that often.

PhotogirlTX
09-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Hey Girlies! I am back. I logged in and realized the last time I was here, was in March. ICK. And it SHOWS. All that great work I did this time last year... GAINED IT BACK. Yep.. It's here with me... loving up to me... It thought I missed them ... boy were they wrong.. however, I haven't been willing to start back up and change my habits again.

Since March.... I've gotten a dog.... and after the summer was over, I found a home for her. Girls loved her, but I didn't. I tried. But she just really didn't fit in well.. and with everything else that happened this year... I realized I didn't need the added stress.

I was in the throws of job searching last time I was here. Remember, my office had given us word that they were closing our office down by September (actually, it's still open til Oct. 15th). Well, after numerous job interviews, first and second and thirds and always JUST missing the target... I finally was offered a new job at the end of June. Get this... they use the software that my old company produces, Ceridian HR/Payroll Source 500 Software... so they wanted (my new company) someone with Ceridian experience. I had sent in my resume to them twice, but never heard a word.. meanwhile several other people interview with them.. and they all thought they had the job... well, they didn't. Company contacted a head hunter, and the head hunter called me on a Thursday, I said Heck Yeah I am interested... I interviewed on a Friday, had a phone call to schedule second interviews when I got home, and had my second set on Tuesday. Got a call on Wednesday with a Job Offer!!! Only Catch.. they wanted me to start the following Wednesday (actually fly from Oklahoma to California that day!) OF COURSE I said yes... I needed a job! I ended up transferring my Ceridian client to other coworkers, and I flew out to San Fransisco that next Wednesday for three and a half weeks of training. My new company is called Weathernews Americas and they relocated their operations from
California to Oklahoma, on the University of Oklahoma campus, right next to the National Weather Service. I am their new Payroll Manager!!! Yeah Me! :-)

In addition to that, I got the girls ready for school, Hannah started 1st grade, and Megan is in Pre-K. I now live about 30 to 35 miles from my job, instead of the 5, but the alternatative was moving to North Carolina with Ceridian, which I was seriously considering this summer too. I now leave home at 7 am and I don't get back with the girls til 6 PM... I no longer have that great hour to go run like I did last year... so now I am trying to figure out a new fitness plan.

Oh... and as of last Monday... I FINALLY GOT MY FREAKIN DIVORCE!!!!!!! After 3 1/2 years in the making.

So, all in all... I've been busy, stressed, eating, stressed, gaining weight, giving excuses, stressed... and just not taking care of myself.

Do you guys forgive me???? Can I come back???? I know I've broken promises in the past.... yeah yeah yeah.. I promise I won't leave blah blah blah. So, now I know that My ACTIONS will speak louder than my words.. and I will do what it takes to prove that I am back.. not just give you all alot of blabber. :-D

Confession. I am back up to 160. ICK. I was at 138.00.... last year, when I left. I want to get back to there. I am trying to figure out when I can get my exercise in. Since I do have the girls with me all the time I am home.... I am not sure how I am going to do it. But I will do it.

Oh.. another motivating factor for me... my friend from CA moved home to OKC this past weekend. So after him being there for almost two years, he is back.... and I'm a blob. Hopefully he will help me and give me the support locally that I need, and hopefully you guys will still be here for me.

I know this is long.... but watch out... here I come! I am back! :-)

I miss you guys!

Cherie
(who needs to go change her profile crap cause its all wrong so don't pay attention to it right now! :-)

jbbm
09-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Good Morning Girls

Kempy my gosh I hope your arm is okay. Great job staying OP. Everyone seems to be getting on track! Is your house in tip top shape for your guests? How about them closets did you get rid of some stuff?

Noelle I hope your little one does not get sick either for the trip. Does he take a multivitamin? I sent my ds this am to school, even though he is coughing and has a runny nose, I mean sometimes colds last three weeks and he can't miss that much. I just said cover your mouth and wash your little fingers and hands. I know sometimes that does not even help but it may? I think you guys will have a great time and I wish I was going. Btw I am glad you got some alone time. It is amazing what being alone for a little while can do.

Hi Angie whats up for today? I am proud of you with staying OP and the weight loss. I think you are getting on track too. Stick with your goal for your vacation, just take it one day at a time though, don't overwhelm yourself.

Well I suppose I should eat something. Then its off to pick up ds. I don't feel like cleaning today, but probally it will only be light stuff. Whats for dinner everyone? I would like something healthy, maybe some chicken?
Well hi to Cal, Summer, Holly where are ya? Check back later. Julie

angieME
09-21-2004, 12:29 PM
HI Cherie!!! We did miss ya. You think your weight is bad...I am back up to 204. YIKES!! I was at 145 last year so I have definately been bad. I am back in the groove I think so maybe I can lose another 20 pounds before I go to Florida for vacation in December.

CONGRATS on the new job!!!!

You better stay around. we all get so nervous whenever someone leaves and we dont know what has happened to them. ;)

WELCOME BACK

jbbm
09-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Cherie Welcome Back. Sorry about the stress in your life this year. I hope it turns around for ya. Julie

angieME
09-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Julie, Hi!! We were posting at the same time.

Kempy, CONGRATS ON BEING OP for 2 days in a row. You are doing great girl!!

Kempyd
09-21-2004, 01:05 PM
CHERIE!!!!! I am glad to hear that you are doing good. You have been busy! What did your girls do while you were in CA for 3 weeks? And don't worry, we still love yoou and you are welcome back anytime.

Julei I did one side of my house. I was starting to hurt to much so I stopped and will get back to it tonight. I have to run to the store for the red beans but then it is home for round 2 of cleaning.

Angie you know, I think it was me cleaning out my closet that really made me want to lose again. I was going through all of these cute clothes that I have and I have to throw them out b/c I really can't fit in the anymore. I did keep a few things for when I am down some so that I don't have to go buy all new clothes again. Although that is fun.

I have a goal for Christmas time. I want to be able to wear my wedding ring again and have it fit comfortably. I hate not being able to wear it. It is a beautiful ring and poeple complement me on it all of the time. Eveyday I try to get it on and have yet to do it. So, that is my mini goal. Do you guys have one? I know Angie that you are shooting for 20 lbs by the time you go to FL.

angieME
09-21-2004, 07:52 PM
I went to the Y today. The gym is basically what I have here plus a few weight machines. they have a big weight room but I couldnt figure out how to work all of those things plus it was just a bunch of muscley guys in there. I dont know if I should spend the membership money or not. I will have to think about it I guess.

PhotogirlTX
09-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Thanks everyone for welcoming me back!!! It really feels good to be here again, and not hiding! :-)

Well, Today, I started back 100%, and I had a 100% OP day! :D I am doing the South Beach Phase 1 since that worked so well for me before. I am sure that in two weeks, I'll be more than ready to move to Phase 2.

I grilled chicken tonight for the rest of the week, I made a spinach salad (with my chicken) for lunch tomorrow, I made the veggie quiche cups too and they are in the freezer. That is what will keep me OP... planning ahead and getting stuff prepared.

I also posted to the 10 day challenge board, and I am glad I did... cause had I not... my 100% OP day would have ended up a 50% OP day... I was about to say screw working out... but I made myself get up and do it, cause I can't lie on the board and say I did something I really didn't do... so I just finished 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I figured out my strategy for this go around... not to be so concerned and focused on what I want to end up looking like in my dreams five months down the line, but rather, what I can do today to make a difference. I am hoping that by just taking things day by day, I can stay OP and like me for who I am and what I look like right now.. instead of dreaming of something that hasn't happened in 37 years.

OK everyone... I hope you have a great night!!!

Hugs,

Cherie

Kempyd
09-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Good Wednesday morning. I am off after today at least until Monday. And then, it is only 3 days left here in this place. I am working on trying to personally detach from this place. I get so emotionally involved and I need to stop doing that. I don't want to be out of here and worry that he isn't taking care of the collections or that people are getting there bills on time. I have always been the kind of person wo wants to make sure that everything is done so this is a big step for me. He is a forgetful person and this is going to be his test. He has counted on my for way to long.

Cherie I think you have the right frame of mind. I am trying to just work on one day at a time too. I do have that one goal but it isn't one that makes me think about what I am going to look like in 3 months. I just want to feel better and wearing my wedding ring will make me feel great.

Angie did you see someone there that could help you with the weights? They have to have someone there to show you around and how things work. I mean do they want you to hurt yourself? Are you going to finish out the free week?

Julie what are you up to today? I htink I have to go to my doctor again soon about my anxiety. I have been having some flare ups and I hate it. How have you been doing?

Noelle what's up girl? Thanks for sending back that e-mail. I think that is so funny what people put down. So far everyone that I sent it to put **** no for the bungee jump question. I think that is why I love you guys so much. We all seem to be on the same wave length. Oh yeah, how is the arthor of the Davinci Code? I am thinking about looking to see if the library here has it.

Well, I will check back in a little later. :wave:

angieME
09-22-2004, 11:19 AM
MORNING CHICKAS!!!

How did everyone do dietwise yesterday? I did okay except we got home from the gym late. Luckily Jay was a sweetie and had supper sitting there waiting for me when I walked in the door. :eating2:

Cherie, :cheer: YEAH for you for being totally OP yesterday. I am proud of ya girl. I love how we are all here to support each other all the time.

Kempy, That is so cool that your friend shares the same birthday we do. :lol: I had to giggle about the stuffed animals, I used to always think they played together when I left the room. Or wondered if they got sad. I wouldnt throw any of them away because I didnt want to hurt their feelings. I love it that we are so much alike. Too bad we arent closer.

Julie, Hey hon, How you feeling today? I hope you and your children are feeling better.

Noelle, I loved your survey. You are so funny. I want to meet you someday too. I bet we could have a blast. Especially since we all have the same favorite drink. :cheers: Someday hopefully......

I just got in a walk. My arms are killing me from the gym yesterday. There was really only 4 machines I would have usde for the weights and that isnt worth paying a membership.

angieME
09-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Kempy, It was just a free day pass my Mom had. Most of the equipment there was old anyways. The big weight room was where all the body builder types were and there is no way I am putting my fat flabby *** in there with them. :lol:

What happens when you have an anxiety attack? Does it happen often?

You must be so excited about quitting. When do you start your new job? Is it in the same town?

Kempyd
09-22-2004, 11:33 AM
I am thrilled that I am leaving. The only bad thing is that now Joe will think that I am a house wife. YIKES!! I think that means that I mave to stay on top of the house work. I can't let it go until the weekend b/c I have been bust during the week. :lol:

The job is actually closer to my house. It is in Ponchatoula and I work in Hammond right now. Not that it is that far to drive but I hate being in the car as it is. I can't start until I take my state boards. That is on Oct.25. Once I get my license in the mail I can start to take clients. I wish they would just give it to me when I finish my test.

I think there are different forms of anxiety. Mine is people realted. I can't seem to talk to people without getting flustered. And it isn't a flirting kind of flustered. I get really hot and I want to crawl under a rock and hide. I think it comes form me having a bad self image and it just comes out when I talk to people. It doens't happen all of the time. It is kind of a sociel type thing. I don't want to interact with people sometimes and it can get pretty bad when i am not working on it everyday. Was that too comfusing?

angieME
09-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Nope not at all. I am like that myself. I have been working at home since we started the bakery and before that I was a stay at home mom. I dont think I have been in a social situation since high school. Damn that is embarrassing to admit. I dont even know what I would do if I had to meet a bunch of new people now, I think I forgot how to talk to new people now. I get flustered myself. I was nervous to go tt the gym yesterday actually. Luckily the only people in the workout room was us and the kids principal.

Kempyd
09-22-2004, 11:49 AM
I do ok when I am not being noticed but when someone is talking to me and there are other people around and they are listening too I lose it. A friend of mine that is a therapst told me to take a B-complex vitime. That should help with the stress that I go through. I can sit and talk to a firend no problem but if I am in one of those moods I get flustered with them too. One of my firedns here at work knows what I go through and she will point it out to me so I realize what I am doing. She is good about it though. She makes me feel that I am human and it is ok to have these feelings. I just need to know how to control them. I think that is why I dont' have very many friends. I have to work to hard to be able to talk to them. It is just easier if I just am by myself.

You mean to tell me that stuffed animals don't play when we leave the room? :D

angieME
09-22-2004, 11:55 AM
haha. I thought I was weird even as a kid for thinking about my stuffed animals like that. :lol: It is nice to know I wasnt alone.

Kempyd
09-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Maybe that is why we connect with animals so much. Did you ever think when you were a kid that you should be a vet? I have this weird animal thing and my family thinks that that is what I should have done. I don't think I have been around an animal that didn't like me. Even my sisters weird cat that wont come out from under the bed will come see me. I mean reptiles and spiders freak me out but I try to calm amyself about lizards, geckos and frogs. They are cute and wont bit me.

angieME
09-22-2004, 12:20 PM
I would LOVE to be a vet. I wanted to be one until I figured out I cant stand blood and needles. I would hate to pass out during an operation. Plus, I dont think I could euthanize an animal either. I would be crying with the owners so bad. Now I would love to do doggy or kitty daycare. This way I get to see all kinds of animals but I dont have to deal with the serious issues. If I ever won Powerball or something I would definately open my own no kill shelter. That is a definate dream of mine.

You wont believe this but my computer is messing up big time this morning. First off it would do like 35 pop ups of MSN pages and I had to shut it off and start over. Then just now my arrow kept going all over the page by itself and shutting pages off until it shut the computer down. What the ****? I have never seen that before. I can do full system scans with my Norton so I know there isnt a virus I just cant do Live Updates. WEIRD!!!!!

angieME
09-22-2004, 12:24 PM
I used to have an albino ferret and I remember the time I took him in for shots the vet said"Why would anyone ver want one of these?" In a digusted voice. Lets just say I never went back to him. I had to give him to ferret rescue because he figured out how to get out of his cage and out of the house on his own. We lived really far in the woods and my neighbor would shoot weasels during the winter and they get totally white in the winter. I was afraid he would shoot him or he wopuld get eaten. I miss him still. He was so unique. They will steal evrything and anything they can. :lol:

angieME
09-22-2004, 12:32 PM
It seems to be working okay now that I restarted it. That is strange though. it was like it was possessed. :lol:

jbbm
09-22-2004, 02:26 PM
You Girls are Hopping Today!

Kempy and Angie, I totally, totally relate to the anxiety thing. You know me :^:. Kempy maybe talking to someone would help you out a little bit. I know change can trigger anxiety problems. I think that is what is going on with me. But enough about me. I know you will do great at your new job. I can tell you are a kind and sensitive person because you are still going to worry about your old job. But think of yourself. The place I am sure will miss you like crazy, but you are doing what is best for you, doing something you want!

Angie, you would be a great vet. I know the fear though about all the other things. That idea of the no kill shelter sounds great. I hope ya win that lottery ;), wouldn't life be easier? Haha....anyway I am feeling better but the kids are coughing away and runny noses. But I think they are on the mend and should be better by the weekend(fingers crossed).

Well I gotta run now, its lunchtime! I hope to chat with ya all later! Julie

jbbm
09-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Angie, btw did you watch trading spouses last night? I thought it was funny! That white woman is a riot! She was just bouncing off the walls. Okay gotta run. Whats for dinner everyone? Hello to Noelle, Cherie, Cal, Summer and Holly. Julie

Kempyd
09-22-2004, 02:35 PM
I have to cook red beans and rice for 12 tonight. I am getting off work at 3 so I can get home and start the beans. I don't think I have ever had to cook that much before. We are going to have that with garlic bread, salad and my cousin is making a seven minute icing cake. We are going to have a few things to snack on before hand too and I am sure that there will be a few drinks made. This is a party family. Any excuse to drink is usually a good one. :D

melekalikimaka
09-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Hey girls, I'm busting my @ss working today. Figures though, I gave myself a day off yesterday. I went and had my hair colored at the salon since I didn't feel like doing it at home and making a mess. I did try and post while at home yesterday but I had one of those long-@ss posts which got deleted after hitting the wrong key.

:wave: Cherie!!! Welcome back girl! Don't need to hang your head about anything. Sounds like you're back to a good start. GOod to hear about your new job and everything. How are your girls?

Kempy, your party sounds great. I would love to have some of that Louisiana cajun cooking :hun:. I love that Zatarains Jambalaya mix, it's so easy to make too. The hotter and spicier the better :flame: I just finished the daVinci code and thought it was a good read. I was raised Catholic so some of the issues raised were very intriguing. I would go look for it at the local library.

Angie, enjoy the pain you have--it means you worked out! I haven't felt pain like that in months :^: . I liked reading your guys' answers on that questionnaire too, that was fun. As expected, my sister responded with all kinds of made up answers :rolleyes:. She's funny as heck though. I did play with stuffed animals but I was actually afraid of dolls. I had this one 16-18" Japanese doll in kimono on the shelf way up high and my sister's would tell me that it would come alive at night---I believed them and I hated that doll :lol:. I couldn't reach the shelf to get it out of the room until I was about 9? :lol:

Julie, hope everyone's better by the weekend. Is your boy back at school?

Cal, how are you feeling? I bet you're feeling better just knowing vacation is so close.

Hi to Holly...

Gotta run for now, school's out early for P/T conference week. :crossed: Think good things and good reviews for Michael :lol:

angieME
09-23-2004, 11:10 AM
GOOD MORNING

Well Ladies, I think I pulled a muscle in my arm at the Y the other night because it is killing me today. It feels worse today than it did yesterdy. To bend my arm up to my mouth to eat is killing me on the back of it. OUCH!!! The funny thing is is that it is my stronger arm to boot. :lol:

I dont have anything new happening so not much to report today.

Noelle, When are you leaving for California?

Kempy, I hope your party went good yesterday.

Julie, How are you doing today?

Cal, Is your hubby home yet?

Cherie, How did you do yesterday?

PhotogirlTX
09-23-2004, 11:23 AM
good Morning! I am here.. just really busy this morning! :-) I have a meeting with my manager in about 45 minutes and I still need to get all my stuff to go with that. :-) I'll get it done.

Last night, I went out with my friend Alan, and we ended up going to Hideaway Pizza. It is the BEST pizza in the world, and I ended up having three pieces. However, Prior to that, I was PERFECT. I ended up staying at his place til 9 then I had to go pick up the girls from their dad's. I came home, put them to bed... and got on the computer. Finally at 10 PM I got off of my butt, changed, and went and did 30 minutes on the ellpitcal machine. That was so hard for me to do. Normally, 10 to 10:30 is my bed time... (I actually started my exercising at 10:20, so I didn't finish til 10:50) and I LOVE my bedtime. But I forced myself to do it, since I made that goal. So I feel proud of myself for staying OP for I would say 90% yesterday. I am not going to starve myself of good food... rather, moderation, and make sure I plan for it, which I did yesterday.

Angie... I am sorry to hear about your arm.... Do you think you have some tendonits (ms?) ? I brought my arm weights here to work and I am going to start taking my short 3 minute breaks again and do about three sets a day. How my desk is positioned, I could get down on the floor and do crunches... (I am in the corner and no one can see me :D) but I haven't gotten enough nerve to do that YET! ;)

Hi Noelle! You are going to CA? What part? I was there for three weeks in July, and it was beautiful. I took pictures of the Redwood Forest and the PCH Highway coast line. I loved it. I would live there if it wasn't so dang expensive.

Kempy.. how did your red beans and rice meal go? I LOVE THOSE!!!!!! I love cajun food period. YUMMY

Hi Holly and Cal and Julie and Summer!

OK.. I better get busy!!!!! Lets have a good day today! :-)

Hugs,
Cherie

Kempyd
09-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Dinner went great. Everybody keep complementing me on them. I was worried that they would be too spicy. I forget that I am not the only person eating so I pile onthe tobassco. They didn't say it was too hot though. It is really nice to have everybody at my house for a change. Of course I busted my butt cleaning it but I think Joe and I made a good impression.

We are finally getting IVAN!! After a week we are getting rain from him now. That is so weird that it came back into the gulf and reformed. Of course it isn't as bad but we really needed the rain. I am tired of dragging our one sprinkler around. Plus, rain is much better for the yard than the city water.

Angie you probaly just are sore. You used a muscle you didn't know you had so it is letting you know about it. When you get sore from working out you will be the worst on the second day after. Just don't do the same exercise until the soreness is gone. You can soak your arm in warm water w/ epsom salts. That will draw out the sorness. You are just going through somehting normal. Just be careful. I know it hurts. I have done that on my legs before and it is no fun having to fall onto the toilet and then wonder how in the **** you are going to get back up. :D

Cherie at least you got in a workout last night. I just sat around and drank. I think I did more of that than eating. I don't know which was worse. I am planning on trying my new Tea Bo DVD's in a few minutes though. God I love being at home!

Noelle I am terified of dolls. I have no idea why but they freak me out!!!!! Joe's grandmother in CA made one and brought it into the living room. She thought I would love it and take it home. NO WAY!! I walking into that room and I thought I would faint. I wouldn't go near it. Talk about piss and old lady off. It was kind of funny. She still has that thing in the cabinet and I have to walk by it when we go. At least it is behind glass. YUCK!

angieME
09-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Cherie, You did great with your workout last night. I dont know if I can force myself to do that anymore. :lol: I havent been doing too well with my exercise but I figure I usually go all gungho with that and the eating until I get burned out on both and just give it all up. So this time I am just concentrating on eating normally for a while.

Kempy, I am glad your dinner party went great. Sounds like you all had fun. Speaking of dolls....My sister and I had these big huge dolls when we were kids that looked EXACTLY like Chucky. We had them before the movie ever came out but oh boy didnt it freak us out after watching that movie. :lol: I think Wendy still has hers. I am terrified of clowns. I hate them. They are freaky things.

jbbm
09-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Good Morning Girls

Kempy glad your party went great! I would have loved to have been there! Partly I could of used a drink :lol:, but I would love to meet ya. I am glad your food turned out good too. I told my hubby you were making that when we were talking about what to have, and his mouth was watering, he loves hot and spicy food. I wish I did better eating last night but I had micro. popcorn, and sundaes, oopps, vanilla ice cream with salted peanuts and butterscotch topping it was good but I can not seem to get enough food in me, this PMS is a real you know what this month. I wanted to keep eating right after supper. Haha....anyway have a great day. Now i know if i ever send you a gift it will never be a doll for sure!!

Angie I hope you feel better soon. Do you have any pain relievers that would help? Did you catch the Dr. Phil special last night? I was talking to my dad so I only caught bits and parts of it, but I want to order the book or buy it. Maybe with my gift cert. :). I know he can be a hard @ss but he tells it like it is and what people need to hear, in my opionion anyway. I would love a session or sessions with him :lol:.

Noelle how did your conferences go? I bet Michael did fine, he sounds so smart and outgoing. I wish my son would just be normal well if there is a normal kid in the world. I just want the best for him you know? He is on a field trip at school today and I hope to get a better report from the teacher. I tell ya, I had no idea what stress was until I had kids. It is truly the hardest job in the world, parenting that is. Don't you agree? I love him so much and just want him to be a successful adult. I guess that is what we all want. Thanks for listening. Since we both have 5 year old boys. Try not to bust your bootie today at work! I bet it is hard though. Just do the best ya can!
How is everything going with you and Rick?

Cherie, PIZZA? One of my favorites, I would have probally have ate 4 or five pieces. Good job on the late night work out!

Gotta go dd is begging me to hold her. Still has the darn cough. Eveyone have a happy day, okay? Whether or not you eat great or not so great. Just be happy. I am trying my butt off with that attitude :D! Julie

jbbm
09-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Ooopppsss, forget to say hi to Cal, Summer, and Holly, you guys have a great day too! Julie

PhotogirlTX
09-23-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm sitting here.. having lunch: spinach leaves red onion, parmasian cheese, pecans, dried cranberries, grilled chicken and a red wine vinagrette! YUM... with a couple of slices of sharp low fat cheddar cheese. I think this can last me til tonight! :-)

Angie.. I am not going as gung ho as I was last year... however, I did make myself promise to do the 10 day challenge, and I think that was exactly what I needed to get past my hardest part of a program, STARTING. So, tonight... I will do it a little earlier.... I actually brought my workout clothes to work.. so I am going to try to change on the way out the door and get in about 30 minutes on the treadmill before I have to get the girls. Then, if I feel like doing more later, after they go to bed, then I can, but I will have it out of the way. Like I said earlier.. I am just going to concentrate on today, and what I can do to make it a good one. My hope is to string all those "days" together and maybe after a few... I will have accomplished a little something. These are my baby steps! :-)

Julie... with this pizza I could of had more, but instead, I gave the last piece to my honey. :-)

OK.. back to work here! :)

PhotogirlTX
09-23-2004, 05:11 PM
I have realized a new way for me to add exercise to my day! :-) My office just moved last week to their brand new two story building on the University of Oklahoma campus, and inside our half, we have a spiral staircase that goes to the second floor.. well, we are still working on the building and getting everything finished construction wise, so the downstairs kitchen isn't really functioning. I have to go upstairs to get ice and water and to heat up my lunch. Also the downstairs bathrooms are still under construction so I have to use the upstairs ones. This week with me starting to drink more water, I've been having to go upstairs for more ice and water, then back to go to the bathroom... so I think in the past three days... I've been averaging about doing that at least 10 times a day. So 25 stairs up and 25 stairs down, ten times a day.... I think that should count for a little butt toning exercise! :D

I'm glad I started drinking my water... gives me a reason to go up and down so often instead of sitting here at my desk. Once the downstairs kitchen is finished.. I think I will still travel upstairs just for the exercise! :D

Cherie

Kempyd
09-23-2004, 05:19 PM
That sounds like a great workout. I wonder how much that averages out to. Do you think a pedometer would figure something like steps out?

I love being home during the day but I find myself wondering what is in the fridge. Or worse yet, what is in the pantry. I have to make myself think of something else or this not working is going to get me fatter.

It is kind of quiet here today. I bet once Cherie's water kicks in it will be even quieter. :D

Ok, Joe just came home so I am going to go agravate him some. :devil:

angieME
09-23-2004, 05:30 PM
I want a pedometer so bad!!! I am just too lazy to buy one. :lol:

Cherie, That is a GREAT idea!! I wished I had stairs to climb.

Kempy, Dont aggrevate him too bad. :lol:

My cat brought home a baby chipmunk today the little *****!!!! :lol: I threw a rock at her so the chipmunk could run but he went under my house. Now I will have a baby chipmunk in my walls I bet. haha She went through the skirting so I bet she gets it anyways. I do hope he gets away though... This is the 3rd one in a week they have bropught home. I saved one and it got away then the next day there was a dead one on the lawn. The other day there was a dead one in the driveway and then today.

jbbm
09-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Angie you crack me up "little *****" :rofl:!! I need your guys help tonight. My period is due in this weekend sometime and I am going nuts :crazy:! I want to eat everything and we just got done with dinner, rostirere (sp?) chicken, potatoes, corn, cornbread, fresh tomatoes and I want a sundae again tonight so bad!! What in the H*ll should I do? Last month it was not so bad but now I am craving tons of everything. I feel like I am going out of control in that dept. Okay I will stop my complaining, try :lol:!!

I know everyone is staying OP right now and I feel bad because I have done so terrible this week. Okay here I go again, I better go before you guys hunt me down :lol:!

PhotogirlTX
09-23-2004, 11:49 PM
Another 100% OP day! Foodwise it was easy... if I just eat the same things day after day, I am OK... it's just meeting up with my sweetie where it's going to get tough. Today, I didn't see him, so my food choices were perfect. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill right after I got home this afternoon... and after the girls went to bed, I did 30 minutes on the ellipitcal. So, right now.. I am feeling worn out! :)

Julie.. I did watch most of the bachelor! I like they guy they chose... and I am glad to see the women are older this season.... and the girl from OKC.. she is a BEEATTCHH makes me sad that she is from the same city that I am from.. so she is giving us OKC girls a really bad name. And you are right.. all skinny with big boobs. I did think a few of them were not as waif looking as previous contestants... however, there are a few that are just down right MUSCLEWOMEN! I think it will be an interesting season. I am also watching Surivior....

I admit it.. I am a reality freak junkie. :) I have no life.

Kempy.. I hope Joe survived! :D

Angie.. poor chimpmunk... awwwwwwww silly cat. I don't know if I could handle that.

Julie.. how old is your son? I am having problems with my daughter... she is almost 7 and soooooo not listening or paying attention to anyone. Its so frustrating. She is a great kid, and I want everyone to know she is a great kid... but when she acts like that... she is coming across as being a brat. I HATE THAT!

Oh... sorry I wasn't around to stop you from that sundae.... did you end up getting it? It sounds really good.. I better stop thinking about it.. or I will be trying to find something sugary tonight!

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Cherie

calnative
09-24-2004, 01:11 AM
Just dropping by quickly. I've got report cards that have to be ready to print tomorrow and it's driving me batty. :crazy: I am sooooo looking forward to our break.

Kempy: I noticed on an earlier post that you are planning a trip to California in December. When are you going and to what part? Maybe I can meet up with you like I am with Noelle next weekend. I could never live in Calif again, but I look for lots of excuses to go visit. :D

Cherie: This is the first time I've had to say hello again and welcome back. I saw that you were in Calif in July. You took pics of the Redwoods? My sister and I were there the first of July; in fact, we spent July 4th in Eureka, CA. We drove the scenic route to Seattle then flew to Alaska for vacation. Of course, my hubbie was in AK and I was going there to see him. My daughter is also almost 7 (Oct 13) and she drives me crazy at times as well. I told her father once that she was giving us a preview of the hormonal, moody teenage years. :lol:

Angie: Take care of your arm. Hubbie is home now. He got back yesterday. It is so good to have him home now. It's amazing how much stress and pressure seems to have been taken from me just having him here. I don't think I'd ever want that long of a separation again. Of course, we haven't had time to start arguing yet. :lol:

Noelle: Just a few more days. I'm really looking forward to vacation. We're going to have so much fun. By the way, my sister says that CA is getting pretty cool at night. Night before last, in Redlands where she lives, it was in the upper 50's. Days are still very nice though. I'll try to call you this weekend and touch bases. I think we've finally settled on a hotel.

Julie: I guess your little one is adjusting well to school. It's really mixed feelings that come into play as we watch our little ones become more independent and part of the 'system'. :^:

Hello to Summer and Holly. Come out and play. :D

Cal

angieME
09-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Good Morning.

Julie, I dont know what is going on with my period either. A few days ago I spotted so I figured that I was starting my period but nope. So I guess I am still waiting. I have wanted to eat alot the last 2 days myself. Last night I snacked on fat free crackers which pissed me off because there was no nutritional value in them and I ate quite a few. So hopefully my period comes soon...Nope I aint preggo.....I AM FIXED!!! :cheer: That was going to be done the day the twins were born but in Maine you need to sign the papers when you are 21 and since I turned 21 the day I had them I had to resign and wait a month???? huh??? I was so mad. Sorry for the ramble.

Cal, I know I couldnt go without Jay around for that long. I am way to dependant on him so I can imagine how much nicer it must be to have him home. I bet Ashley is loving it too. I hope you guys have a great time on vaca. I wished I could come.

Cherie, YOU ROCK GIRL!!!! I downloaded a bunch of Billy Squire songs and oldies from when I was groing up so I really should copy them and jump on my elliptical.

Hey have you guys seen the commercial where the guy is delivering office supplies with his cart and he goes in the pool etc.? They play a song called Rubberband Man and it is from the 60's. My daughter loves that song. :lol:

PhotogirlTX
09-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Good Morning Girls! Just a quick note before I have to start working.

Julie.. I haven't had her tested, I think it's just something coming from her dad and I not being together and getting a divorce. Her behaviour started this past spring, and I have been working with her.. but I think she is just growning into her own little person. Anyway.. she is the light of my life, so I will try to continue to work and have patience, however that runs really thin sometimes.

Hi Cal! Yes.. I was in California for practically the whole month of July. Here are a couple of links of the pictures I took!

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAMW7Jm3buGjzo

Those are of the Big Sur/Monterey Area.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAMW7Jm3buGjxg

These are of the Redwood Forest... I had the best time.

If I lived there close, I would be so skinny.. there were so many trails to go hiking on.. I loved it there.

Angie.. I LOVE Billy Squier!! I have one of his albums from the 80's.. it's great! :-) Yes.. that should give you some motivation... I think I will be getting my treadmill out of my exhusband's storage next weekend, so I am really excited! I can't wait to have it back next to my bed.. so I can jump on it.

OK.. back to work here..... I'm GOING to have a great day!

Hugs

Cherie

GEMonster
09-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Hey ladies :wave:

Sometimes I swear there is not enough coffee in the world in the mornings :coffee:. Exercise has not been where I want it - I just wish I enjoyed it more...I just need to find something now that the weather is changing and tennis will not be so condusive outdoors.

Angie I used to have a cat that I referred to as the "spawn of satan" and would bring gifts home all the time and would meow at 5am at my window because he liked to be out overnight. More of a dog person - gotta say. Sorry to hear about the arm - the best thing is ice and ibueprofin when you overuse it. Good for you for working out :cp:! Don't let this deter you! I love the Rubberband Man song! but I like lots of music - my new thing is Widespread Panic, O.A.R and Jamie Cullum.

Cherie those are some nice pictures of California! Never been - my DH wants us to go to San Fran in July - so hopefully I will see California soon! I have to go to Phoenix for work in a couple of weeks. You know what they say about All work and no play.... ;) I love the stairs! Way to go. I love your attitude - any chance some of it can rub off me?

Kempy glad the party was a success. I hope you do not get too much rain from Ivan. I work out of my house - I avoid the kitchen entirely (except for coffee, lunch and water) so I understand where you are coming from!

Cal I hope you did not stay up too late finishing report cards! I hope you have a great time at Disneyland! I love Disney but my best friend loves it more than most - she has gone there 38 times (35 to Orlando, 2 to California and 1 to Euro Disney) isn't that INSANE???

Noelle how was the P/T conferences? I am sure Michael is a shining star! I hope all is well with you and your family. I like the idea of a picnic luau for a fundraiser - makes me crave pineapple. :D

Julie when I am craving carbs like no tomorrow I fix my self some brown rice, red kidney beans, corn (not sweet corn) and shredded cheddar and that makes my cravings stop. Don't know :shrug: why - but it does. Your son sounds like a typical boy - sometimes I think people over diagnose because their level of patience has worn - I know I would of been diagnosed as ADHD had I been in pre-K or Kindegarten now. :D

Well all TGIF! I hope you have a wonderful Friday!

Quote:
There is not any memory with less satisfaction than the memory of some temptation we resisted. -James Branch Cabell

be well.

;) Summer ;)

Kempyd
09-24-2004, 04:22 PM
well, I finally made it. I was helping my mom this morning. I just got in so I thought I would pop on.

Cal we are going to San Clemente in Dec to see Joe's mom. It would be great if we could get together too. I am not really sure what there is to do over there though. We are usually with the family the whole time. We are going to be there for 5 days.

Cherie those are great pics. Your attittude is so great. Like Summer said I wish some of it would rub off on me. I didn't ge any exercise in yet today. I might take the dogs for a walk later. It is only 1 mile but it is better than nothing, right?

Angie those commercials are on the Office Max web site. I watched a few of them the other day. That guys is really funny. So is it cold up there yet? They say that we will not be in the 90's anymore this year. That is good but it is still pretty hot. I was outside with the dogs filling my hummingbird feeders and I was sweating pretty good. I really wasn't doing much to be like that either.

Julie I am not a big reality tv person. I much rather watch HGtv or Discovery. That is about as reality as I get. I really love watching the yard makeover shows. I love to garden so they are right up my alley.

Noelle what are you up to today? Any idea if you are going to hire someone else soon?

It didn't rain as much as I thought it would yesterday but at least we got a little rain. It was a good sleep day with it being so cloudy. In fact Joe is taking a nap right now. Even though it is clear skys out. I hate to sleep when it is like this. I feel guilty. I have tons of things that I need to be doing right now so I think I will try to cross some of them off of my list.

I'll chat with you guys later.

angieME
09-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Kempy, It is supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow but other than that it has been pretty nice. It has been really quite warm this week but it is cold at night.

angieME
09-24-2004, 06:30 PM
The Queen Mary 2 is coming to Bar Harbor on Monday. I would love to go see that!! Can you just imagine how big it is? They are actually closing down the streets in town and people will have to take shuttles into town where you can take a charter cruise out to see the ship. NEATO!!!

I am having Terriyaki chicken with rice and chinese veggies for supper. YUM!

GEMonster
09-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Chicken Enchalidas with jalepenos and green onions here tonight!

melekalikimaka
09-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Hey ladies...all this talk about dinner and I just had lunch with Rick. He locked the keys in his van so I took a cruise out to the east side of the island to play errand girl. Then I made him take me to lunch at this nice little Italian restaurant. I had chicken w/vegetables linguini :hun:. It was so good--tons of roasted peppers, zucchini and mushrooms. I am happy and carb-filled (sorry Julie and Summer :lol: ). We had a nice talk too about his brother and his problem, about how it's affecting us...let's just say that I'm more at peace with everything right now and we're moving closer to the day when that scumbag :devil: (oops!) I mean my BIL will be going to the rehab center :cb:.

Angie, I think it's awesome that the cruise ship is coming to your town. I would love to go and see that too. Will it bring many customers for you? And in other strange coincidences... I was having the same experience as you w/my period. But I started again so all is well, I guess :lol:. I'm not "fixed" but I might as well be, with all the success I'm having :rolleyes:...

Kempy, you're making me jealous with all that talk of sleeping in.

Cherie, I will be checking out your pics soon, but I'm still here at my desk so I guess I really should be working right now :lol:

Cal, my boy is out of school as of 10:45 am this morning, he's raring to go to Disneyland. I guess I should go shopping for some long sleeved shirts, he's outgrown so much of his clothes, even from last December! I love cool weather :dance:. Hmm, I wonder if I can squeeze myself into my leather jacket this time around :( :ink:

Summer, that is one Disney fanatic friend you have! I can't imagine! I love your quote BTW, good one.

Julie, yeah, what Summer said...re: labeling kids. and we're married, not dead :lol:. Doesn't hurt to look at all. :hun: Oops, I mean :s:

I can't wait to get out of this office this afternoon. Michael has his first swimming lesson tomorrow, hope he enjoys it :crossed: Well, gotta run for now, I'll try and pop in tomorrow. Have a great weekend all! :wave:

calnative
09-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Noelle: I'll bet your son is so excited about his trip. I'm not telling Ashley until we get there. :D Of course, every time we go to Calif she asks if we can go to Disneyland. Just one more week.

Summer: It's great that you will be in Phoenix in a couple of weeks. I live in Phoenix!! I would love it if we can get together; even if only for a couple of hours. I am out of school from Oct 1 thru Oct 15. If you'd like, I can PM you my phone number. I can also let you know what the weather is like here. The 7-day forecast right now is showing highs around 98.

Kempy: When in Dec will you be in Calif? If I'm on winter break, I'm sure I can go over and meet up with you. San Clemente is not that far from where I usually go to visit my sister. I think it's fantastic that by the end of the year I will have had the opportunity to meet three great friends. :)

Angie: I wish it was only 80 here. The nights get cool, about 65-70, but the days are still very hot. How great if you can see the QEII. Those ships look so much bigger than the pictures could ever convey.

Cherie: The pictures were beautiful. We were also at Trees of Mystery. Ashley and her cousin just loved the huge Paul Bunyon and "Blue" the ox. I love the Redwoods and the coast. We left on our trip on July 1 and caught our flight to Alaska on July 8 in Seattle. It was such a great trip; I would love to do it again and share it with hubbie.

Report cards are done and printed out. I will have them on Monday to put into envelopes. Parent/Teacher conferences are on Thurs and Friday; and at 3pm on Friday I am out of here!!!...vacation. :cool:

Hello to Julie: Hope everything is going well for you.

Have a great evening and weekend everyone.

Cal

angieME
09-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Noelle, NOPE The Queen Mary 2 wont bring me any business because Bar Harbor is about a 2 hours drive from my house. I think we may ride down to see it though.

angieME
09-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Good Morning!

Yesterday was not a good day dietwise but it wasnt a failure either. I went to my Mom's house to help with the pool(No snakes under it but Alicia found a few around the yard. GROSS!!!!) Anyways, I had 2 slices of sharp cheese while everyone ate their hot dogs and burgers. We then went grocery shopping so I got lunch at about 2:30 a french roll with ham and mustard. Here is where it gets not so good. I bought some Dirty's Jalepeno kettle chips and i ate a lot of them with my sandwich. It is my fault for waiting until I was starving but at least it wasnt Wendy's or chinese. :lol: Later on last night I probably ate 4 lowfat granola bars also. Like I said the day wasnt a total loss compared to my normal eating but it wasnt good either. Anyhoo, Last night I finally started my real period so I figure that was what was screwing with my eating for the day.

So far so good for today. I do intend to try to eat healthy for life and I know that means not so good days sometimes and it is all about choices. Like that I wanted Wendys or chinese but I ate a mini sandwich instead. :lol:

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Kempyd
09-27-2004, 12:59 PM
What's up guys! Well, this is my last few days here in ****. :lol: I am going through my cabinet drawers and getting a bag together to bring home of my stuff.

I booked our flight to CA today. I got a great deal and we don't even have any lay overs. That is a first. Usually we would sit for a few hours. I hate that too.

Cal we are going to be there Dec. 22 and leave on the 27th really early. Maybe we could meet up for lunch or something. I wonder if Joe's mom would get mad if I left the house?

Angie you didn't eat that bad. I usually get too hungry too. That is when I lose it. I thought I did pretty good this weekend but the scale hasn't moved at all. But, this is my PMS week so I could just be holding water. I hope that next week I will lose that and see a drop in the numbers. I have been moving around more and tyring to eat less. Oh well, we will see.

I don't have much time right now but I will be back in a bit.

jbbm
09-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Hi girls

Finally a free minute to check in! How is everyone? Sorry I could not get on here this weekend but I was busy. Friday we had appts. and then we went out to eat. I was amazed the kids sat so good. And the other kids next to us were running the whole time :lol:. Yesterday was my sil birthday party so we had that, guess what was on the menu? Pizza, fattening appetizers and an awesome cheesecake. Cookie crust and a vanilla cream cheese and chunks of candy bar on the top. It was heaven. I even shared a beer with my hus. WOOHOO huh, letting loose not! haha :lol: I think I would need to go out with you guys to let loose!

Kempy now you might meet Cal I am jealous. I want to meet everyone too. My brother lives in CA but I think he is coming home for x-mas. I would love to go there and get out of the cold, but oh well I get to see him at least.

Angie I don't think you did to bad either. It could have been worse like you said. At least you didn't have cheesecake and all the nuts and stuff I had yesterday. I can never resist salted mixed nuts. Figures to, everyone holiday or something we have going on I start my period too. It came yesterday but I hope to get rid of some of this extra water.

Well gotta run. I try and check back later! Julie

jbbm
09-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Forgot to say hi to everyone :dizzy:
HELLO, Noelle, Summer, Cal, Holly and Cherie. Have a great day everyone!

angieME
09-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Kempy, We wouldnt have been able to meet up than. You will be in California while I am in Florida. I am leaving on the 18 of December and I will be in Kissimme on the 19-28 and than we will be in Jacksonville for the 29-31. Than we have to come home. BOOHOO!!

I am leaving in a minute to ride to Bar Harbor to see the Queen Mary 2. I will try to get some good pics of Acadia and post them later.

Talk to ya later,

PhotogirlTX
09-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Hey everyone! I finally have a break to stop in and give a short post! :) Today was Payroll day, so I've been going non-stop this morning to make sure I transmitted the files on time! :)

This weekend, I really didn't get official exercise in ... however, I went to my friend's place and we spent the weekend painting his ex-diningroom/soontobemusicroom (including the ceiling) and helped his parents move. So I think I kept busy and kept moving, so that is a good thing. My food choices were all bad, since he is still trying to move in, we ate out all weekend. Oh well.. this afternoon, I am ready to go do some time on the treadmill! :D

How is everyone doing? Angie.. have fun looking at the QE2.. that sounds FUN!

Well.. I need to get back to work.... I hope everyone is doing well.... I'll check in tonight AFTER I do my exercise!

Cherie

Jedi
09-27-2004, 04:57 PM
I found this web site more than 7 months ago but like not sticking to healthy eating I strayed from the site as well. Probably from shame of doing so horribly. After searching for a new support group I came across this one and am impressed at the closeness that you ladies seem to have. I would love to be a part becuase I could really use the support. I totally don't want to come in between such a close knit group though so I would understand if ya'll wanted just to keep with the same groove. I've done this before - the whole weight loss thing that is. I ate healthy and excercised my butt off (literally) and lost over 45 lbs. That was 4 years ago. I kept it off for almost 2 full years but now I sit before you 20 pounds heavier than my highest weight (when I started before). I counted fat grams and excercised last time and have been doing the same the last couple days but I am always open to new suggestions. Hope to hear from ya'll soon - Jessica

PhotogirlTX
09-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Welcome Jessica.... I just came back to the fold after being AWOL for quite a few months... and the wonderful girls here didn't hold it against me... I am sure they will welcome you as much as I am! Just jump on in!

Guys.. I am going to need you more than ever I think to keep me from stress eating. My ex, Steven, has cancer... he was diagnosised over two years ago... well... there is a new spot in his lungs (he has a bone cancer) and in July when the doctor first found it.. it was about quarter size. He never went to see an oncologist about it, he is is serious denial, if he doesn't confront it, it will go away type behaviour, and since I am no longer his wife, I am not nagging him about making that appointment. He and I have had a bad relationship for quite sometime... so right now, when we are together, the atmopshere is anything but pleasant... however, he went back to the doctor tonight, because he couldn't get rid of the wheezing cough he has... and after Xrays.. found out the spot has grown and is almost 8 times the size, about 8 inches in diameter now. He is scared... and I am scared... and being selfish and self centered.. thinking how in the **** am I going to take care of the girls by myself.. I know things are going to get worse... and I ususally run to food to comfort me... I can't do that now.. I really need you guys... I am still in a state of shock... I can't imagine what he is going through... :(

thanks for letting me ramble... :( Needless to say, I haven't exercised today.

Cherie

melekalikimaka
09-28-2004, 02:58 AM
Evening ladies. It's been another crazy day. My mind is on "vacation" mode and I had a hard time getting focused at work today. Not much happening here, just gearing up for vacation...my best girlfriend is visiting from Seattle since her grandmother passed away so we'll probably go out and have dinner sometime this week, that's about it. Michael's conference went well last week, his strong points were his verbal and comprehensive skills. His weak points were that he talks too much :lol:, just like his mom I guess. I'm glad he's progressing and enjoying school.

:grouphug: ((((Cherie)))) , I'm so sorry to hear about Steven. I don't know why some men have that mentality where they don't like to seek medical help--even when they know it's life threatening. I know i would be pissed off if my husband or family member (ex or otherwise) refused to get treatment for something like that. You have every right to be angry. I can only offer words of comfort to you and say prayers for his recovery. I hope at this point in time he realizes that he needs to get treatment, if his condition is treatable. That is definitely scary, but so is the prospect of raising 2 kids alone. You know you have us to lean on and you're a strong woman, your girls are proof of that. Take care girl, I'm thinking of you.

Welcome Jessica! :wave:. You're more than welcome here. I think all of us at one time or another has had the experience of losing and then gaining it back :^:. That's why we're here. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find some sort of inspiration on this thread, there are lots of amazing women here.

I can tell you a little about myself...I'm a 32 y.o. married mom of one 5-1/2 y.o. boy, self-employed and excited about going on vacation to Disneyland and having other California adventures in about 5 days. I'll also be meeting Carol "calnative" this weekend there which is totally cool. I've been posting on this thread since 11/02 and have become fast friends with Angie, Kempy, Julie, Summer, Cal and Holly...hope to get to more about you :cb:

Angie, you did good girl--you were AWARE of what was going into your mouth and that is a success! How was the QM2? Was she awesome? I think those big cruise ships are so beautiful when they're docked and all lit up at night. Hey, I have an idea--how about we plan an Alaskan cruise where we can all meet up? Maybe in a year or two???? i have to save some money for something like that.

Kempy, I'm sure all your co-workers will realize how much you take care of once you leave. Are you sure you don't want to make your December CA trip into a CA-LV, NV trip? Rick and I may make our annual trek to Vegas for the New year, that would be cool if we could meet up there and usher in the new year with a bang.

Julie, you've got me thinking of cheesecake :hun: :lol:, but then it's not hard to get me thinking about food :ink: How are the kids today?

Summer, how was your day?

Cal, I will touch bases with you later this week. Don't know if you tried calling this weekend but I left my phone on the charger at my desk at work, sorry. We'll hit Disney definitely on Sunday. Can't wait to meet ya!

The AI concert is in our city for the next few days, I'm going to the concert tomorrow night with Michael and my mom, it should be fun since we're all fans. It will probably be a big deal since Jasmine and Camille are from Hawaii. I can't wait to see George Huff and hear that sexy voice again :lol:

Well, gotta give my boy a bath, catch you all tomorrow.

angieME
09-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Good Morning girls!!!

Here are some pics of the QUEEN MARY 2

1. Is the QM2 in the bay with little boats all around.

2. This is the street in BarHarbor headed to the dock. Normally what you see is water but not wioth the boat there. :lol:

3. This is another cruise ship that was coming in at the same time. We saw this one further out and figured it was the QM2 until we were going down the street of the last pic. :lol:

4. This is the twins in front of a big rock on the ocean walk trails

5. This is a pic of all 3.

angieME
09-28-2004, 10:03 AM
Jessica you sure are welcome to come and join us!! Me,Noelle and Kempy have been here together for 2 years already. I have the same problem of gaining all my weight back but it is usually right after I reach my goal. :lol: My highest was 265 and then I went to 130 then back to 206 and back to 138 and now I am at 203 again.

I am a 32 year old married mom of 3. I also am a baker for a living (My shop is in a building in my back yard) so bad for me food is as close as my back yard.

Jump right in. I would love to get to know you.

Cherie, I am so sorry. I dont even know what to say. Just know we are here for you and you can vent here all you need. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Noelle, I am so jealous that you are going on vaca right off. I am even more jealous that you get to meet Cal and vice versa. :lol: Have fun. We will miss ya while you are gone

I ate a #6 at Wendy's for supper last night on the way home. Bad, I know but I am pretty happy that that was the ONLY bad thing all day. Moderation, right?

Kempyd
09-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Jessica you are more than welcome to join our crazy little group. We give help and motivation but we have also been known to talk about whatever in the world we want. Don't be surprised if you read a few posts that have nothing to do with weight loss. I consider these girls my firends and I tell them everything that friends would talk about.

Cherie I kind of see this from your girls side. My dad died from cancer when I was almost 14. I still have times when I get so angry at him for leaving me. I never got to do the things that my other friends did with their dads. I hope that he goes to the doctor and gets treatment. I would hate to have you girls go through the same thing that I have gone through. Don't worry you are not being selfish.

Noelle I wish I could go to Las Vegas. I miss that place so much. I am sure that we would have a good time. And the boys would just have to get over it if they weren't. I am dying to know how your meeting with Cal goes.

Angie that is so cool that you got to see that ship. It looks really crisp up there right now. Can you tell I am ready for some cooler weather? It is kind of getting there down here but not enough to open my windows. We were sitting outisde last night and it was cool but it was still a little damp. Not exactly what I want. Don't worry about the Wendy's. You can have a cheat meal every now and then. Just start clean today. You can't change the past but you can work on today. (man I need to live by that)

Well, I only have 2 more days here and I am ready to get out. I ended up going home early yesterday b/c I was seriosly sick. I don't know what it was that I had but I thought I would lose my lunch everytime I moved. Do you know how hard it is to stay still? So, I am back here today and I REALLY need to get my desk in order the way it should be. I feel a sense of peace now that I am leaving. I don't have the need to eat as much either so I must be letting go of some of this depression.

Julie where are ya girl? You too Holly and Summer!

angieME
09-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Noelle, I just looked up airfare from Bangor to Alaska....$650.00 :yikes: I can fly from here to London for $330.00 :lol: We need to find a place that would be an even number price for everyone so we can all come... Does that place exist? :lol: I do want to do that though.

Kempyd
09-28-2004, 11:59 AM
What about New Orleans Angie? I bet I could save you guys some money if you wanted to stay with me. We could all just drive down to New Olreans to get to the French Quarter. Check those prices.

angieME
09-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Joe would hate having a house full of women wouldnt he. :lol: I think it is only like $275.00 from Bangor for me to New Orleans.

Kempyd
09-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Also, What dates are you looking at? I would love to try to plan a get together with all of you guys. I think the trick though would be the dates. It would be great to go on a cruise but I am not getting in a bathing suit for a good long while.

Is it time for me to leave yet? I have got some serious ants in my pants right now. I have one more project that I need to do and I keep putting it off. I have to do it too b/c no one knows what is going on with it. It sucks that I have to do actual work these last few days.

angieME
09-28-2004, 12:21 PM
The airfare is $257.00 from Maine to New Orleans right now. I dont know how long that is for but the websight says to plan your Christmas vaca so it must be for a while. That would be so fun. We should do this you guys!!! Plan for like a spring meet up or something. I would love to do it.

Kempyd
09-28-2004, 12:23 PM
If you wanted to come down here the best time is going to be between March and the begining of May. Once you get past that is gets too hot. I mean I know it would for you northerners. :D I think Noelle and I would do just fine with it though.

What are you eating for lunch? I have left over chili. I am trying not to spend to much money right now. After all I will be unemployed after tomorrow. :dance:

angieME
09-28-2004, 12:25 PM
I have been buying the bowls of Lloyds BBQ chicken and eating it on half a sub roll with wow chips. It is cheap as well. :lol: I am making quesadillas for supper.

March thru May is perfect for me becaue it is our deadest time so I could leave Jay home to work and he wouldnt be overwhelmed with baking.

Kempyd
09-28-2004, 12:33 PM
I love that Lloyd's stuff. I have a few containers in my freezer right now. They were buy one get one free at the store so I stocked up. They are very easy and not that bad for you. I actually got tired of eating so much when I first bought it.

Listen to me, I just think that everyone wants to come to New Orleans. We do't have to meet up here I just thought it would be nice weather down here for it. Plus, I know how we all like to eat and this is the best place for food. (in my opinion)

jbbm
09-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Whats for dinner everyone? I am craving chili and spaghetti, with corn bread muffins on the side. I should really eat some breakfast and get off this computer now, it taken forever to post because dd. haha....Talk later, Julie

angieME
09-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Kempy, I would love it. I think it would be fun for all of us. Lots of drinking and spicy food. :lol: I am willing to do it...anyone else? If everyone really wants to do this we should seriously start planning it. I already told Jay I may be leaving him for a few days this spring. :lol: It would be a great break for us all and plus just think of the fun of sitting up all night talking. :lol:

Julie, You should come down too. My son sounds just like yours. He is very overhyper. Does your son play with alot of other kids before school started? Mine didnt and I think he just didnt know how to act. He will get better. Well, Cor still has a ways to go because now he is the jokester so he gets in trouble and he hates to do his work. I keep telling him to take it serious because he needs good grades.

Kempyd
09-28-2004, 12:54 PM
We have a DU meeting tonight and we are having it at the Mexican Rest. that we love. I think I am going to have Montery Shrimp. It is grilled shrimp with veggies and a little rice. They give you their cheese dip to dip the shrimp and veggies in. I love it. I say I want that now but once i get there I am going to want the good ol stand by. A soft taco and a chicken quesadilla (sp). I love that too but I am sure it is worse for me than the shrimp. I do know one thing. I am in PMS week and I do't feel as bloated as normal so maybe I can keep myself under control tonight.

Julie I ddidn't know you were looking for a job. Where are you looking?

Kempyd
09-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Angie I meant to tell you, the twins are spitting images of you and Jay. Corey looks just like his dad. It is so cute. Little Angie and Jays. :D

angieME
09-28-2004, 01:03 PM
I just booked my reservations for Christmas!!! :cheer: I am so excited now because it feels like I am getting ready to go even though it isnt for 12 more weeks. :lol: I have been dreaming of the chocolate cake we got at Sea World in the Busch cafetaria. YUM!!! I may buy a whole cake to take back to the campground and just eat that for supper that night. :lol: I am staying at hanna Park for a few days on the way home too. This way we can hang out on the beach for a few days to unwind.

I am making quesadillas for supper. I loved the last batch we had. I put the southwest sauce from Wendy's on them and they tasted just like the ones from Taco Bell. Probably not the healthies but they were good.

I gotta go to work. fun fun. Talk to ya all later.

jbbm
09-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Angie when you said 12 weeks I was like wow! It is that soon. I would love to do my shopping not at the last minute this year! You know he did not have any boy friends before this. Girls in the neighborhood :lol:, and his sister and him play all the time. They do sound alike :). Some kids need an extra push push. Congrats on getting that trip booked. How exciting, it is always nice to have something to look foward to :). Julie

Jedi
09-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Thanks for such an awesome welcome! And for letting me know a little bit about yourself. That was sure helpful.

Julie - I totally understand about the job thing - I'm looking right now myself. Although the waitressing thing is the exact thing that I DO want to do. Good luck though.

Noelle - I am also a mother of a 5 1/2 year old boy. And focusing is not even a word in his vocabulary let alone something he can do. Very frustrating.

angie - Mother of 3? Wow you must keep pretty busy. I can't imagine having twins. My youngest just turned 1 and she is 10 times harder than my son ever was. I think I would have to commit myself if there was 2. Love her to death though.

So yes, I am a mother. 25 years old and 4 kids (16,12,5,1 yrs old) - The older 2 are mine through marrige don't worry! Our family just moved to a new neighborhood and we are all still adjusting to the suburb life. We are all so used to the city.
What kind of program is everyone following? Low carb? Low fat? WW? I could never do the low carb thing. I looooove bread.
Thanks again for the warm welcome - I'll check in later and until then everyone have a good day and good food choices! - Jessica

Jedi
09-28-2004, 07:38 PM
You all have inspired a mexican dinner at my house tonight as well. Low fat Turkey Tacos with Kraft fat free cheese! I find that if I melt the cheese a little bit on the tortilla first it's actually pretty good, otherwise I can't stand the stuff. I've even diced up fresh mushrooms in with the turkey (you can't even tell) just to up my family's vegetable intake. They'll never know! He He! - Jessica

angieME
09-28-2004, 08:32 PM
WOW, Did we all have Mexican tonight? :lol: The quesadillas were delish!!

Kempy, Would it be okay if my sis came with me if we all can plan a get together. Neither of us have ever flown before and would like to do it together. I hope we can all plan this out. I am psyched. It would be so much fun to all meet together. There would probably be so much talking going on that noone would get a word in. :lol:

Does anyone else think they could do it? I will have an extra 300 saved out for miscellaneous stuff so that would cover my airfare now all I would have to do is save money for going out and stuff.

Well, I will talk to ya all in the morning.

Kempyd
09-29-2004, 10:44 AM
Of course your sis can come. I wouldn't mind. I like you so I am sure I would get along with her too. You are right, it would be great to have everyone of us together.

TODAY IS MY LAST DAY!!!!!! I can't stand being here right now. I am thinking I might leave after lunch. I have nothing to do so I feel like I am wasting my time.

Jess is seems that your dinner was way healthier than mine was. I ended up having a small order of nachos and we ate some bean dip. I feel a little bloated today. Oh well, I did it so now I need to move on.

Julei I waited tables for years. I liked it but I needed to move on. I got to the point where I was tired of serving people. I felt like all I was doing was begging people to tip me. But, I know that if I ever needed to fall back on it I could.

angieME
09-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Kempy, You must be so happy that today is your last Day!!! :cheer:

Noelle, and Cal, Are you 2 all packed and ready to go? I am so excited that you get to meet. I cant wait to hear how it went when you get home. Have fun!!!

Julie, Whatcha up to today?

Jessica, How did your supper turn out? Wow, You must really have your hands full with 4 kids. Mine drive me nuts most of the time. :lol:

Cherie, How are you holding up hon?

For Brit's Birthday (oct. 23) we are going to take her out to get her eyebrow peirced and then we are going to go to her favorite seafood restaurant for supper. It was her idea so I talked to my sis and we are going to all(mom,sis and clyde and Haley) meet up there and surprise her with a family get togehter for supper with a few gifts. She should like it. I will post pics of her eyebrow if she actually dares to get it done. :lol: :lol:

Jedi
09-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Just heading out for my morning walk and thought I'd pop in real quick. Dinner was so good! It didn't even taste like I was eating healthy. Everybody else used regular cheese but it still wasn't too unhealthy. Everybody seemed to love it and nope, nobody noticed the mushrooms. My taco was only about 3.5 grams of fat! It was so filling that after I totally felt satisfied. Which doesn't happen all that often when you feel like you are depriving yourself.

angie - wow how old is brit turning? My oldest Just turned 16 2 weekends ago. She wanted to get a piercing too but up here in Washington you have to be 18 No Exceptions. Even with parent signature. So instead we took her bunjee jumping. 200 feet off of a bridge is definately an experience she will remember for the rest of her life. I hope she has a great birthday!

jbbm
09-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Is it Friday yet btw? I can't wait to sleep in, I feel so tired lately. I love it that hubby is a morning person and can't sleep in late so he gets up with the kids on the weekend, I could sleep all day :lol:. But I can't do that until the kids are out of the house and at college, haha!

Jessica bunjee jumping, wow thats so brave! I could never take the plunge!

Okay going to go play with the kiddos! Bye for now!

angieME
09-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Jessica, Brit will be turning 13. Alot of her friends are doing it themselves which she is NOT doing. :lol: She found a place that will do it when she is 13 so I figured that could be her gift.

WOW, Bungee jumping. No way in **** would you catch me doing that. :lol: :lol: I am a chicken. hehe

Julie, It is getting alot cooler here too. Last night I had to turn the furnace on. I guess winter is on its way. The leaves are all changing colors now too.

Kempyd
09-29-2004, 01:15 PM
I don't plan on doing much of anything. I do need to study for my state boards and I think I will have plenty of time for that. I am sure Joe will have lots of things for me to do. He is a clean freak and I told him last night that I was going to remove the word clean form his voacbulary. That is the first thing out of his mouth anytime I have the day off. Now that I wont be working he seems to think I will wake up and clean until I go to bed. We don't have anyone living with us so it isn't like the house gets dirty fast. Crazy man!

Jess one of my good friends lives in Seattle now. She and her hubby moved up there a few years ago but they just moved in closer for his job. He works at Microsoft and they live close enough so that he can walk there.

I really don't ahve much to do today to keep myself busy so I am just playing games until it is time to leave. I am going to head over to Big Lots to see if I can find any Halloween decorations. We are going to have our party again this year so I need to work on more things to liven the house up. I don't do much last year as far as that goes. Plus, I have the time to plan it this year.

Kempyd
09-29-2004, 01:16 PM
You couldn't pay me to bungee. I am like you Angie, a big chicken. I can't even ski for crying out loud.

I still have plants that are blooming down here. That is weird that you have leaves changing. Are you getting any rain form that last storm Angie?

jbbm
09-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Kempy tell Joe to take it easy on ya! Just Kidding!! I remember you pics from last years halloween party. I love fall decor too. Got my wreaths up outside all ready last week.

jbbm
09-29-2004, 01:26 PM
I can't ski either, but I use to cross country, well only a couple of times. Maybe this year. It would be good excercise. Then I would have to buy equipment for the family that might get expensive though.
Julie

jbbm
09-29-2004, 01:28 PM
Kempy are you staying at work for lunch? Do you think you will cry or laugh your butt off on your way out the door :lol:?

jbbm
09-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Angie did you see trading spouses last night, where the one mom was having the party and put donuts on a string and everyone had to take a bite and the biggest bite was the winner? I thought that woman was great. Funny, hyper I would love to be around someone like that when I am feeling down.

angieME
09-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Kempy, I havent seen a drop of rain from that storm yet. It is sunny and cool and crisp today.

Julie, I would like to try cross country skiing this year too. There is a place up the road from my town that has trails and stuff. Last year the kids either got to do mountain skiing (Corey picked that) or cross country skiing(Alicia did that). Every Wednesday they would take all the fifth graders to the mountain to do it all day. Pretty neat idea. Alicia loved the cross country.

Kempy, Are you sure it wouldnt be an intrusion if we all planned a get togehter at your place? I have to say that I am so excited at the thought that we may all get to party together and hang out.

angieME
09-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Julie, Yep I saw it. I thopught that was so funny. Not to mention it was probably really fun to do. :lol: I would never think of things like that to do. haha

Jedi
09-29-2004, 02:31 PM
I hope I was clear when I said I took hey bungee jumping. NOT ME! NO WAY! I am so afraid of heights I wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to be out on the bridge with her. When I was 16 my mom told everyone to get on the roof to clean it. I freaked out, wouldn't move, got stuck on the roof, and the fire dept. had to come get me down. Let's just say heights are not my thing.

I totally loved the mom on trading spouces last night. How fun was she? Maybe we should all go party at her house.

One of the girls (Tori-the 12 year old) lives with her mom in oregon so I really only deal with 3 on a daily basis. But believe me that is waaay enough. I'm not even old enough to have a teenager!

Has anyone tried Zumba? Walk away the pounds? or the Ab lounge? Would love to know some opinions before I start forkin out dollars. - Thanx

Jessica

Jedi
09-29-2004, 02:33 PM
I meant HER bungee jumping not HEY - sorry

jbbm
09-29-2004, 04:32 PM
And I guess I spelled bungee wrong :dizzy:. Whats for dinner tonight everyone? Hus was thinking chicken. I am having some ovary pain, so I don't really feel like cooking, maybe grill something? Last night what I ate at supper should have been enough for a weeks worth for me :lol:! Anyone going to watch the Bachelor tonight? And after that there is another wife swapping show on! One is a spoiled rich one and I guess the other does all the work at home and has two jobs. Should be good, if I get to watch! Kempy I know you don't like reality tv ;). Except for gardening!

I was thinking I think we should all call Kempy Dr. Kempy :hat: :rofl: :cheer: :cheer:what do you all think?
Julie

PhotogirlTX
09-29-2004, 05:25 PM
I am here everyone.. thanks for all your thoughts. Things are not looking good for my ex.. he has a cat scan today, and it will see exactly where all the cancer is. I have done OK with my eating, I am staying on my diet.. I just haven't exercised. I need to start back. I haven't lost anything, but I haven't gained anything either.. so that is a good thing.

Hi Julie.. I will be watching the Bachelor... then maybe go exercise after that! For dinner, I will probably have cereal, or I will make the girls chicken and dumplings and have a small bowl of that.

Jessica, I see you are from Seattle.. that is such a beautiful place. I've always wanted to live there. I love the rain! Good luck with your four kiddo's.. I only have two, and they run me ragged!

Kempy, I just learned how to ski last year, and it was such a blast! I am hoping to go again to Colorado over New Year's ... but I will have to wait to see if I am invited again! Oh and congrats on your last day of work! :D

OK... well, I guess I better pretend I am working.... I'll check in later tonight!

Take care everyone!

Cherie

Jedi
09-29-2004, 06:14 PM
chicken is on the menu at my house tonight. Blackened pepper chicken. All I have in the house is chicken thighs instead of breasts. Better in taste but also higher in fat. Ugh! Still not tooo bad though. So I've been doing extra good for breakfast and lunch. Only 5 grams so far!!! I try to shoot for 15 or less every day and never over 20. That usually takes some serious creativity.

Cherie- I hope the cat scan tells you everything you need to know. I can't imagine what you, him, or the girls are going through.

We just moved from Seattle up to Everett. Which is only about 20 minutes away but I do still miss it. Thankfully I love the rain too!
I tried skiing once (ONCE) - ski patrol had to taboggan my but down the hill because I was freaking out at how high it was. I wish I wasn't so afraid of everything in life. I'd probably have more fun.
Having a good day - Jessica

angieME
09-29-2004, 06:21 PM
Cherie, I am so sorry. This must be so hard on everyone involved.

Jessica, I am making terriyaki chicken with brown rice and chinese stir fry veggies for supper tonight.

jbbm
09-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Cherie I am also so sorry, come talk, vent, cry with us whatever you need we are all here to listen and be here for you. (only if you want to share, I don't want to make you more upset by talking about it.) Hugs, Julie

jbbm
09-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Oh we are having chicken over parmesean rice topped with pizza sauce sliced fresh tomatoes and melted cheese of course :lol:! And some veggies on the side. I need CARBS, i have zero energy! Julie

angieME
09-29-2004, 07:30 PM
I ate supper and I am not full in the least. I want to eat. SO....... I caved and ate a bag of Mini Rainbow chips deluxe cookies. 10 grams of fat!!!! :yikes: It did nothing for me. I could eat the house right now. I wonder why.

Jedi
09-29-2004, 08:55 PM
angie - the carmel mini rice cakes are yummy and great for snacking when you are so hungry that you'll run over anyone in the way of you and the kitchen. I know I have been there. Today was one of those days for me too. I ate air popped popcorn with I can't believe it's not butter light spray. Have you tried that? I looove it! It's awesome on vegetables, popcorn and anything you eat with butter. My whole family uses it. I guess they just came out with a garllic and herb flavor. Can't wait to try that.

PhotogirlTX
09-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Thanks Guys... I am doing ok right now... I haven't heard how the cat scan went... he gets the girls tomorrow evening, so I am sure I will find out something then.

I had chicken and dumplings tonight.... two bowls.. :( but it was soooo good. I did however make my butt get downstairs and do 30 minutes on the treadmill.. so I feel a little better.

Julie.. I watched the Bachelor.... I do NOT like Krysta from OKC... she is such a *****!!!!!! and the girl that left, was so beautiful!!! Not sure who I like right now... tomorrow is Survivor! Yeah! :-)

OK... time to get ready for bed.. take care everyone. See you in the morning!

Cherie

Kempyd
09-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Good Morning guys! Well, this is my first day not having a job and I woke up early. DAMN IT!!! I really did try to sleep in but I just layed there from 6 until 7:15. So, now I am up trying to get things together for a garage sale.

Julie why would you call me Dr. Kempy? I do like the way that sounds though. :D

Jess you sounds like you eat really clean. Be careful on eating too low an amout of fat. You need a certain amount in your diet or things can start to go wrong.

Cherie I hope everything works out for your ex. I hope I didn't come off to mean the other day when i posted about him. I just get worked up about my dad sometimes.

Angie I was a total cookie monster yesterday. I am going to throw those suckers away today though. I am tired of knowing that they are in the house.

Noelle have you fallen off the face of the earth?

I got a good bit of decorations for our Halloween party this year. I can't wait now, I want to put them up now but I think I will hold back for a few weeks. I will see if I can take a picture to show you guys. Now I just need to get my costume together. I want to be a pirate. How original huh? Joe wants to be Captain Morgan (the rum guy). If I can find the stuff at a good price I will do that for him. I thought it would be funny if he was him to say I was his pirates booty. :^:

angieME
09-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Morning!!!! Kempy, I had to make fudge for the bakery last night too. Yep, I ate some of that too. I dont know why I was having such a hard day? Actually maybe I do...I am getting a cold and I ALWAYS over eat when I am sick. First I feel so gross that I always think that if I eat something it will give me some energy and also because you know the cold breath. YUCK!!!! So I am always putting something in my mouth to give me a good taste. :lol:

I want to lose the weight but at the same time I want to eat. You know the feeling when you do good for a few weeks so the bloat is down and a good pigout is appealing. :lol:

I got my minivan all booked for Florida. Luckily we did it now because the guy said this was about the last one available for Christmas that didnt cost $700.00 per week. YEAH!!! I want to go now!!!

NOELLE, WHERE ARE YOU?????? You gotta at least ocme out and say hi before you take off for some fun!!!

jbbm
09-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi Girls

Kempy you will be sleeping in soon, it will take your body time to adjust. I was thinking doctor because you are going to have patients or clients now :lol:. Your halloween costumes sound great! I would love it if someone from my husbands work or one of his friends would invite us to a party. It is nice the holiday is on a weekend. Too bad not Saturday.

Angie, some fudge and a hot cup of coffee sounds great right now. I am so cold. But it may reach the seventies today. But the mornings are cold.

Noelle I hope you are doing okay. We miss you. Hope you are having a great week.

Cherie darn it, I missed the bachelor, but I did see some of that show after with the wife swapping, I can't believe some people in this world! Two bowls is not too bad. At least you excercised right? I think you are doing good.

Well I have to go back and pick up my ds in about 40 minutes. So I will try and get back on after lunch and all that, but ya know how it is :lol:. Julie

jbbm
09-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Whats everyone having for dinner? Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas sound great to me. Some kind of down home cooked hot meal. I need to eat breakfast first before I should even be thinking about supper :dizzy:. Well gonna go give dd some loving now.

Kempy I bet your hubby loves having you home. Now he can have you all to himself :lol:!
Julie

angieME
09-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Tonight I think I will make tuna casserole for supper. I want a turkey dinner but since I dont have a turkey I guess I will settle for tuna. :lol:

I got my New Taste of Home magazine today. The recipes in there always look so good.

Jedi
09-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Last night I made Black chicken from a low fat recipe I actually got off of this site. Eric (my honey) doesn't care for pepper so I exchanged different spices instead. Wow was it totally yummy yummy yummy. Which is probably why I blew my 20 grams of fat a day right out of the water. If I had had Chicken breasts it would have knocked the fat down to 1/5 of what it was. So yesterday I ended up with almost 35!!!! Ugh!!! So to "repent" I drank 11 glasses of water instead of 8 and added a few more minutes onto my morning walk this morning. I used to have a pedometer that would tell me how many steps I'd taken for the day but I lost it when I was driving a moped on the beach one day. I read once that you should always get in 10,000 steps a day and just up it if you want to lose weight. So I don't know exactly how FAR it is I do know that is a little over 2100 steps in the morning and again in the afternoon. Does anyone know approximately how many steps are in a mile. I feel kind of silly driving my car and watching the odemeter just to measure a few measly steps. But I am totally obsessive whether it is counting fat grams, steps, or jumping on this web sit every 5 minutes because that's how often I want to eat!!! Ugh!!!

Thanks for letting me ramble and vent girls. Hope you are all doing well. - Jessica

Kempyd
09-30-2004, 02:29 PM
CRAP!!! I just typed a long post and it is now gone. I will be back in a bit to post it again.

melekalikimaka
09-30-2004, 04:20 PM
Sheesh, I didn't know I've been "gone" for so long :D. I've been running around so much in and out of the office I haven't had much time to sit down and post. Yesterday we went to the military bloch arena and bought all the park entrance tickets to Disney/CA Adventure, Universal Studios and...somewhere I can't quite place the name to. I spent so much money and I haven't even left yet! It's a good thing payday is on Friday, just in time.
I wish I could stay out longer and that we had reliable trustworthy employees--then we wouldn't have to worry so much. Oh well, that time will come one day, I guess. I sooooo need this vacation! Part of me is saying, 'go have your last hurrah for the year' because when I get back I am going to get my @ss back on track and lose some weight. I've been off track for too long *sigh*.

Jess, when I am in the zone, I am totally obssessive about things like that too :lol:. You're doing great and I like your motivation. I need some to rub off on me. I don't know how many steps are in a mile, but I suppose it would depend on your height/gait since taller people would have longer legs, eh? :lol: I think for us vertically challenged people (and I do say us because I'm only 5'3") we'd take more steps to walk a mile and therefore burn more calories..well I like to think so anyway :s:

Angie, I'm here I'm here :wave: You know I wouldn't leave without saying good bye, and nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah--i'm going on vacation :p :lol: Just kidding. So when exactly are you planning on visiting Kempy? I'd like to crash the party :devil:

Kempy, pirates booty--that's a good one. You could always be his damsel in distress. Weren't you your hairdresser last year? :lol: Your party sounds like fun. I'll just be traipsing through the neighborhood dragging my son around begging for chocolates at strangers' houses.

Cal, how are your conferences going? Only one more day for you eh? Are you packed yet? I've got so much to do and so little time to do it. But such is the story of all our lives right? Can't wait to meet you!

Cherie, how are you hanging in there? Thinking of you and the girls.

Summer, how are you doing this week?

Julie do you let your kids dress up and go out for Halloween? Michael will be Superman this year. He was Spiderman last year. I bet your two look so cute all duked up. I look forward to Halloween and yet I dread the evil chocolate. :ink:

Hey, does anyone watch the Dog Whisperer? I've been watching for the last few days and it's replaced Trading Spaces as my new show... at least until AI4 comes back :lol:.

Jedi
09-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Noelle - I totally understand about the vertically challenged thing - I'm only 5'2" myself. What is the dog whisperer about? What channel?
My son is dressing up as a ninja this year. He was a ninja turtle last year and superman before that. His last birthday was spiderman and that is what he is planning for this year. My baby is an adorable little giraffe and my step daughter and I are being flowers (one yellow and one pink). I can't wait to go trick or treating with the kids. I hadn't really thought about all the chocolate though. Which seems completely absurd since we bought 90 FULL SIZE candy bars for the little goblins and I had to have my roomate who lives downstairs hide them in his room somewhere just to make sure I wouldn't touch them. Talk about lack of willpower.

melekalikimaka
09-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Jess, the Dog Whisperer is on the National Geographic Channel and features Cesar Milan, an animal behaviorist in L.A. http://www.nationalgeographic.com/channel/dogwhisperer/ Check out the scary looking chihuahua! That dog was vicious. I like to watch this show because we have a psycho lab/rottweiler mix who is good with kids, but dog aggressive. The way some people treat their dogs like humans :rolleyes:...just watch the show if you can, I found it really interesting and entertaining.

Your kids sound adorable in their costumes. My son was Woody the Cowboy the year before last--I didn't buy him a costume, I just made him wear his PJ's and his cowboy boots and hat. That suited him just fine when he was 3. Now that he's getting older, he asked to go to the costume/party store so he could "decide" on what he wanted to be. He originally wanted to be this freaky crypt keeper thing with a bloody latex max. Luckily his head was too big to fit the mask! :lol: Anyway, I assume your son is in Kindergarten? How is he liking it?

Jedi
09-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Noelle - We have so many costumes at my house. My son loooves to dress up. We have woody, buzz, ninja turtles.... I got this awesome $50 buzz lightyear costume last year from the disney store after halloween for $10 and just gave it to him for christmas for fun. He loved it of course. He's loving kindergarten too. In fact on Monday this week he decided to wake up and go to school without waking anyone else up. School starts at 9:10, when he showed up at 8:00 without a parent they gave me a call. He said that "Mommy is too tired and I didn't want to wake her up". How cute is that? Only cute after I found out he was ok though. Waking up and having him gone certainly gave me a scare. He's usually waking me up at 6:30 saying we're gonna be late! Gotta love it! - Jessica

angieME
09-30-2004, 08:20 PM
Good evening girls!!!

I made tuna casserole for supper. YUM! My cold is getting worse. YUCK! I hate to be sick.

Does anyone have XM radio? I am thinking about buying the kit for the house and car this way I can take it with me in the RV in December. I am wondering if they are worth the fee.

Noelle, You would puke if you saw us than...we treat our dogs like people. :lol: Have fun in California. Hug Cal for me.

Kempy, How did your first day at home go? Did ya have fun? ;)

Jessica, My girls go gothic for Halloween. I think Alicia would make a cute goth girl. :lol: I told Corey that he should go as a lady this year but he didnt think that was funny. :lol:

Julie, What did you make for supper tonight?

melekalikimaka
09-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Angie, I think it's ok if you treat your dogs like humans as long as your dogs don't become ******ed and vicious like some of the ones on the show.

Jess, I hope your house is close to the school! I would be in a panic if my son disappeared like that. Thank God he was at school where he belonged and that he was safe. That is cute that he loves it that much. Gotta cherish that while it lasts...soon enough they'll be complaining about not wanting to go I'm sure.

Don't know what's for dinner tonight but we're having a girl's night out with my high school girlfriends. This should be fun as we've never all gotten together since I got married--almost 10 years ago! I can imagine the noise we'll make. These are the girlfriends that I used to be in a heavy metal band with :lol: along with my sister whose right above me. Of course we're all pretty tame now and I'm sure after dinner I'll go straight home and to bed :^:.

Jedi
10-01-2004, 12:10 AM
I tried another low fat recipe from here again. Tonight we had oven fried honey chicken. Wow! - even better than last nights. We eat ALOT of chicken at my house since we don't eat beef or pork. Lots of chicken and seafood. So again I went over my 20 grams today but not as bad as yesterday. I ended up with 23. I also took the car around the block where I've been walking everyday when I drop my son off at kindergarten and it ends up to be 1 mile. Not so bad since I'm doing that twice a day but I'd like to find a way to up it. 10,000 steps sure seems like an awful lot. I think I'll try to find another pedometer that I like. Anyway, have good nights, sleeps, and dreams everyone.

Jessica

angieME
10-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Jessica here is a recipe I use for terriyaki chicken: 1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons mollasses
1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
I cut my chicken into thin strips and marinate it over night if possible. I bake it on the broil pan with the leftover sauce in the bottom of the pan. I use the leftover sauce on white rice with chinese veggies.

CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN: Grind up WOW chips
cut chicken into thin strips then roll in egg white and roll in the chips. Bake on baking sheet until done. I usually dump red hot on mine while I am eating it because I like my food hot but this is such a good recipe.

We eat alot of chicken at our house too. :lol:

angieME
10-01-2004, 11:58 AM
I started a new thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47403