Support Groups - Terrific Two Weeks - Sprint V - ALL WELCOME

anagram
09-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Kaylets - hope you don't mind that I started new thread. I'm so full of September Sizzle and Fresh Start First of the Month Fervor, I thought I'd give it a go.

I managed to meet last sprint's goal of getting water exercise three days a week and of drinking enough water. Also managed to get more FUN into my life despite tummy. Now if I could just get those calories down!

Today's fun is to go to summer stock theater again.

Happy to see you, Empress.

Must go leave bread crumbs.

anagram
09-01-2004, 10:19 AM
So, my goals for Sprint V are to continue with the water - in and out.

To reintroduce more walking as the weather makes it more fun.

To work on that FUN portion of my life.

To get calories and stomach back in line.

To enjoy queenly cameraderie - electronically and otherwise.

Amarantha2
09-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Yo! Still wandering the web and decided to repost my a.m. message on the new thread:

Kaylets, you can ignore my pm, I found the answer to the question when I switched to the Flex plan: .... "In addition to your POINTS Target, you can also use any Activity POINTS values you’ve earned within that day ..." so there you have it!

I decided to switch to Flex for awhile and see how that goes ... I'm eating too much popcorn on Core and obsessing too much!

s, I won't be back for awhile but eventually will find thee all again ... you can't hide from me ... Huzzah!

deleted2
09-01-2004, 05:54 PM
I love September! Closer to Fall, my absolute favorite season. I personally think it's going to come early this year; there's already a crispness in the air.

I need a new plan, friends. Something to shake up the old routine and get excited about. I'll meditate on it and get back to you!

Kaylets
09-02-2004, 06:45 AM
Hello all!

Anagram! Actually, I owe you a big thank you... I was hoping someone would volunteer and you read my mind!

I too, need to get more water in... more on that later...

We have glorious weather !!
DH and I are hoping to drag a big pile of things to the Flea Market and come home w/ cash.... A major 27 fling boogie !! Lots of activity pts too!
We have a tarp to sit under, always bring a radio and then wait for the customers! And if we get hungry when the cooler is empty, we're only steps away from the vegatable market...

Thought of the day :

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
---George Washington Carver

Question of the day :

"If you had to pick the TV personality you were most in love w/ as a kid, who would it be?"
---
--"IF (2) by Eveyln McFarlane and James Saywell

Eydie... curious what kind of a shakeup you'll come up with....

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE !

KETTLE IS ON!

deleted2
09-02-2004, 07:11 AM
Kaylets, yeah I'm curious too! So far, I got nothin'! I'm bored, and when I get bored, things can fall apart.
I think I need to start every day with some kind of exercise, to not think about it, to just rise up and do it. Doesn't have to be extreme. Also, to have a couple of glasses of water first thing every morning, not the big cup of coffee I usually have.
And I have to get back to my calorie counting routine too---that's been off the last week or so.
Have to do a lot of food things at work. I have to do a simple dinner [wraps, chips, fruit, dessert] for a group of 20 tonight and then do a reception for a book/author thing. Should be about 60 people for that. My goal today is to not nibble away at it while I'm preparing it.

ceara
09-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Mornin' all.

Weigh in was bad....no hard facts but I'll tell you not unexpected...being on a "see-food" "eat-food" regime doesn't help...socks are pulled up. So far so good.

I know what you mean Eydie...I can't get my head around this right now....

:wave: to all....I have to go vacuum and then groom

Ceara

anagram
09-02-2004, 11:14 AM
I need to get my head around it all too. Right now just concentrating on keeping tummy, etc. under control but mostly making good choices. Wt. up, swelling, etc. Figure if I need the med (and last episode of headache makes me convinced I do), I must learn to live with side effects and still lose, somehow. Other than that, I'm doing well and feeling better as we move into September. See dr. next week for possible changes in meds but until then, I'm feeding the monster but things like oatmeal, cottage cheese, etc. NOT bingeing though that's tempting.

Off to pool today, then dinner out w/friend this evening. Still hope to make good choices. Biggest problem is in evenings AFTER dinner.

anagram
09-03-2004, 06:29 AM
HELLO.....................! The palace seems eerily empty.

Did ok on food yesterday. Not great - just ok. Looking to a busy weekend w/ dd & family coming, cookout at sister's, bil/sil coming Monday, etc. Local festival - Kipona - also this weekend and I might not get there at this rate. Ah, well.

Hope you're all enjoying good weather and that no one's in the path of this nasty hurricane. I do have friends in the path and Kaylets, I'm sure you're concerned about your parents. Hope they're safe through it all. Sounds like a good time for them to come north to visit.

Anyway - Hellooooo out there......

SKYFIREFLY
09-03-2004, 07:08 AM
Thought I'd join in girls and say hello! I have to start walking or exercising more too! I have been doing better with my food choices and just trying to eat healthier. But if I would learn to do it all the time I would of lost a lot more wt. by now. But at least I feel like the past 2 weeks I am in more control. On another site Aphil told me take it one hour at a time and if you mess up don't give yourself a free for all day. I think that has worked better for me lately. Because in the past if I screwed up well I would just continue to have what ever I wanted the rest of the day. Another thing is I don't count my cal. really, just read the labels, carbs, fats etc. and try to make the best choice. This system seems to be okay for me but we are all different and I am into any new ideas others have. After all learning from each other is the best support we can have. Hope your all out of the storms way. We got hit pretty bad with flooding this week in Central N.Y. and both my daughters had water damage to their houses , no fun at all....! Hope this next one misses everyone and just goes out to sea!
Take care and good luck everyone!
Skyfirefly

deleted2
09-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Dang! I weighed myself this morning and now my weight's up 4 pounds!!! :( :o Could be pre-TOM water weight, but still it's alittle demoralizing. Ceara, I've been so off-program this entire week it's scary! No pre-planning, no counting calories---I hate this feeling of being out of control. That's when I have ugly thoughts of me gaining all the weight back. Of course, that won't happen. I know I'll be okay if I can just get a few 'good' days behind me.

I think it was Minute Maid or one of the orange juice biggies that had the slogan, "Another day, another chance to be healthy". That's my mantra today!

Hi Skyfirefly! I remember you from the calories counters thread! Welcome!!!

Arabella
09-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Eydie, do you know how much your weight normally fluctuates? I know that, premenopause, mine could easily fluctuate five or six pounds depending on the time of the month. Have you established a range for your weight? It's always going to go up and down a bit, so you don't want to just have a single number that's okay.

I do know that feeling of being out of control (hmmm... especially right before my period, as I recall) along with gaining a few. And so many of the things that we eat then (carbs, sugar, salt) make us retain more water, too. Oh, the joys of womanhood! :rolleyes:

:queen: Amarantha, was it something we said? Looking forward to you getting your royal butt back here. :lol:

Anagram, it does seem a little quiet, doesn't it. According to the horoscopes, which I just finished again, this is a transitional period when THREE retrogrades are in the process of turning direct. Everything's supposed to get gradually easier and more straightforward through the month and then we've got a fairly extended period with better energy and more opportunity. It's funny -- I'm starting to half-believe this stuff! :lol:

Skyfirefly! Welcome -- can you pick 'em or can you pick 'em! This is a GREAT group (and even greater when more of our members are in the house)!

Kaylets, flea market with DH sounds like fun. I can imagine doing a flea market, but it would have to be some kind of weird parallel universe to get DH to come with me. Ah well...

wsw, have you had another play date with Mack? We used to have a black lab called "Mac," now that I think of it. So-named because the sister who brought him home got him from the manager of the McDonalds where she worked. Labs/retrievers are wonderful dogs!

Oh, that reminds me of your QoD, :queen: Kaylets --- I'd definitely be one of those big, furry huskies with blue eyes! I'd love to have one of those dogs. My SIL says the blue eyes freak her out, but I adore them -- they seem like spirits!

Ceara, do you have pics of your doggies online? I think I've seen them, but if there's a convenient pic I'd love to have another boo.

Wildfire, how's life? Hope you've made a full recovery, both physical and fiscal!

'Tis Friday, and fair Punkin, :queen: of same is sorely missed in the realm. Hope she and other beloved wanderers -- Cerise? Where beest thou? -- return soon!

Okey-dokey. I really must get some stuff done. I'm semi-taking a few days off. Was going to be fully off, but I still have things to do.

Love to all -- let's make this a good one!

Kaylets
09-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Hello all!

Dh did very well at the flea market on Friday -- he was glad do see me at 2pm (one very nice perk of my job for nearly all the holidays is this early out feature) ... we started packing by 3 becuase, he had found out that we wouldnt be allowed to just batten down and keep everything there overnight, only those who paid in full a month in advance could do that... AND if we wantd a spot the next day, many of the regulars were saying the line started at 3 am....hmmmmmmm...... even 20 yrs ago that would've been tough....

But, DH did sell a lot more than we expected for Friday, and if we had just shown up Sat at 6 am we would've been very frustrated...
Then, Sat am dawned with forecast of 98% humidity which just reinforced the whole reason DH was drawn to going on Friday... because it really was the best day .... To top it off , setting up the tarp ,etc, is dicey ... you are so subject to the weather...
Instead, we went to a fire house fleamarket and found out that its a monthly ... and a good chance for us to meet different vendors who may be interested in using our expertise as Ebay sellers.... Ebay Assistants is the techincal term....
Multitasking in more ways than one...and at the same time, broadening our horizons....

Spoke to my folks at length in Tampa last night... will try again shortly although I suspect, the power is out there now...
They are with another couple at my Aunt's... My Aunt and Uncle are RVing out West but my folks at least are not alone if they wind up needing help, etc.

DH and I are going down to the Bird Refuge to try out a new 'scope" he found yesterday at the market ....

Scale remains stuck at the same number for me... but it did feel energizing to do the extra work getting packed for the flea market, etc.. but I did pace myself.... after all, isnt that how they train the Olympic atheletes???

Welcome to our new visitor, Skyfirefly!!
Flood/ water damage has got to be one of the worst clean ups!

Arabella-- Could you list the link again for your horoscopes? I am interested in my own ( Cancer) and Dh's ( on the cusp, Taurus, Gemini ... Go figure, that makes sense doesnt it?)

Anagram-- I sure hope there is an alternative medication....I sure wouldnt want the headaches either... and by the way, fat free cottage cheese and oatmeal are on the new Core Foods list for Weight Watchers... which means, you are limited by serving size but are allowed to eat till you feel satisified...not stuffed, but satisified....

But for sure, We are all doing the best we can.... one hour, one meal, one best choice at a time....

KETTLE IS ON!

Arabella
09-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Hi All :wave: (or any, for that matter -- helloooo? Anybody home?) Having a busy social weekend -- 3 parties, along with some work. I did have a bit of a coup -- we do an Alpha Geek series and I interviewed a real pioneer (at least as these things go) who was part of a small group called "The Homebrew Computer Club" along with the guys who'd go on to found Apple and so on. He's now a doctor who invents medical technologies. Very interesting!

I must admit I haven't been anything approaching perfect re: WW but will get totally serious tomorrow. I need some time to get acclimatized I think. But starting tomorrow, I'm really focusing. Probably part of my thought processes is: No WI this week, because of Labor Day, so I'll just work extra hard next week. :rolleyes:

I found out yesterday that one of my sisters and her partner of almost 7 years are separating. Sad. Their relationship's been kind of troubled, right from almost the start. It was wonderful at the beginning, and I really had so much hope, but then she accidentally got pregnant just about a month after they started dating. And I think they just never recovered. They've got a lovely 6-year-old.

Kaylets, so relieved to see you breeze in! I wondered if I'd said something to alienate the whole group at once :eek: Here's the link to the horoscopes: http://searchcio.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid19_gci919205,00.html

I did a little ego-surfing the other day and found that there are quite a number of sites linking to them, which made me feel pretty good. Horoscope-wise, I think we're on an upswing, and everybody's got a potentially pretty good period coming up. YAY!!

Ok, My Dovies! I hope all is well with everyone. Thinking of you! Let's take this day and make the best we can of it.

deleted2
09-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Kaylets, went to see my dad yesterday and there was a big neighborhood yard sale happening. I wandered around to see what was available, couldn't justify bringing anything home though. Always sad to see the unused fitness equipment and videos for sale--there was a lot of that kind of thing.

Still feeling "off-balance"---does that sound odd? That's the best way I have of describing how I feel. Not great, not terrible, just "off". Saw a shooting star last night and my wish was to get out of this slump! Mercury in retrograde maybe, Arabella?

I have to go to work today to give tours. It sounds terrible, but I hope nobody comes, then I can just read for 4 hours!

Arabella
09-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Eydie, Mercury retrograde (and two others) are just in the process of going direct. The "Shadow Period" for Mercury retrograde lasts until mid-month and we should take that time to get ourselves straightened around rather than trying to do to much else. Everything is supposed to get MUCH easier after the 15th, so hang tight and look after yourself. Try to get in some quality "self" time. Journal, meditate, go for gentle walks, etc. Breathe in and out. I usually find that's what I need when I'm off-balance. Now if I could just ensure I actually GET it at those times...

deleted2
09-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the info, Arabella! I'll hold on till the 15th. It's not like I'm sad about anything, no high drama in my life, I just feel blah and uninspired, you know? I call it 'flatlining'.
I was wondering if my recent fall from maintaining my healthy habits was due to some vicious old programming, some self-sabatage because my Pilates class is coming up? I'm feeling really positive about it,but sometimes the old tapes kick in and that can really throw you. But, I'm aware, and am prepared to outalk anything!

No tours at work today, but I was alone there with a freezer full of cookies that i'd made. It would've been so easy to parcel out a few for myself, throw them in the microwave for about 30 seconds till they were gooey and have a feast, but I didn't, I'm proud to say! I brought my own reasonable treats and they were just as satisfying and infinitely better for me.

Tonight before bed, I'm going to plan tomorrow's menu too. Gotta get back to doing what I know works!

Kaylets
09-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Hello all!

Got up at 5 w/ the dogs and then went right back to bed... Dozed some but mostly just channel surfed about the hurricane and 90's sit coms....
Now, those 2 apples I ate while the dogs were out are feeling heavy ( isnt that the second time in a short while this has happened?) and I feel almost like I have jet lag.... Ah well, a good reminder why getting up on time feels better ... get up now, have a nap later if need be...

Spoke w/ my folks in Tampa again about 5 pm yesterday and the worst of the storm was north of them ... lots of strong winds and very heavy rain but at that time, they hadnt lost power and were fine.

Yesterday, DH and I went to a nearby state park to find out more about a Hawk watching event next Sunday... It was amazing how the place was nearly empty.... Part of that might have been that no cooking fires were allowed, but still, I was suprised... Here in Delaware, a $20.00 pass allows us into any DE state park for a year. We spent some time trying out the new "scope" and actually did some hawks... Of course, before we had anything set up, one flew so slow and so close we almost could have touched it...
We then drove south to Bombay Hook, which is a Waterfowl refuge. A few more folks but these for the most part are birdwatchers, photographers, etc...
Really enjoyed ourselves, Dh even cmmented that " We should come back more often, this is so relaxing".....

And who would've thought all of this began w/ a simple bird feeder in the backyard??

Very much like my healthy living lifestyle...some of the choices that seemed so commonplace 5 yrs ago now seem so foreign.... And I guess I really have traveled a side road compared to so many of my friends as so many times someone will stop at my desk and say, "What are you eating ?, " and they look and say, " But those are carrots, ( Beans, cherry tomatoes) ... YOU'RE EATING HEALTHY!" like I had a plate of squiggly worms on my desk...

Hmmmmmm.....

Yes, Eydie, the yard sales always seem to have a treadmill or ab roller or some "I hate this machine and its making me feel guilty" ....
And I think although so many of us WANT to devote 20, 30 etc minutes, we really are so overbooked, we really only have 2-3 minutes to spare before and after other life events....

At least, that's how it is for me... I still try and get up and take care of something every commercial, actually have gotten to the point of getting out of the car a few times to look thru the scope at the birds, walk a couple blocks from the morning bus stop to the job, hang clothes outside to dry, bend and stretch picking tomatoes, turned the compost pile a few times, etc, even have tried to get to the printer at work nearly everytime I hit print but that's not always easy... but it seems to get me from getting sluggish and grumpy at desk....etc...
Yes, Arabella, ( still prefer Wood Nymph!) it IS all about inertia and " a body in motion remains in motion" as well as drag.... hmmmm, seems like the making of a speech..... hmmmmm

So... do we really need these machines? some folks obviously enjoy them...
and as for convenience in your home, you can't top it... on the other hand,
for someone like myself, I am more consistent figuring out small changes to incorporate into my lifestyle.....changes that fit even to accomodate schedule changes, mood swings, etc.

Anyway this is what happens when I don't get up at 5... I ramble...

I'll be back...!

Kaylets
09-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Hello all!

Well, it happened! When the alarm rang this morning, I definitely didnt want to get up and up until a few moments ago was literally grinding my teeth. Nearly took a 2nd cup of coffee but the tea kettle was chosen instead... All
of this a good reminder of why I don't let myself sleep in ... I wind up paying when I have to resume the regular schedule.
Ah well....

Went looking for my WW's meeting last night as they did meet the Monday of July 4th weekend but I was the only one there... so this will be a first in a long time that I won't be to a meeting for 3 weeks...

Speaking of WW's, the new plan commercial just ran on TV. "Our best plan in 40 yrs..." yes, for me too....
Hmmm lots to think about on that subject....

Ok... need a shower...

Thought of the day :

"The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed."
---Martin Lloyd-Jones, 1899-1981

Question of the day :

"What is the best way to start the day?"

KETTLE IS ON!

anagram
09-07-2004, 06:37 PM
wsw, Eydie, hope Frances isn't discombobulating you too much!

Thanks for the info on the oatmeal and cottage cheese, Kaylets. Good I'm doing something right even if it's inadvertent. Had 50 minutes of water workout today and 50 minutes of yard cleanup. Eating ok but not really counting calories at this point.

I'm so glad, Wood Nymph, that things are going to be looking up come the 15th. I can't wait.

Princesses were here this weekend and we celebrated nephew's b.d. at sister's. BIL/SIL were here briefly yesterday. Seem to have accomplished a lot yesterday and today (unheard of!) Still battling tummy, see dr. Thursday.

Yoohoo, Queens! Holiday's over - back to work at the palace.

ceara
09-07-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm here....don't know how I feel. But will be checking those links Arabella!

The palace is very empty.....maybe that retrograde thing.

Gotta run and do some surfing....haven't done that for a week!

Ceara

Kaylets
09-08-2004, 06:36 AM
Hello all!

Need to remember deep breathing this am.... somehow 5 am became 6 am in a flash...I notice when I'm beginning to stress nowadays, I can feel the heat rising up my neck ....
hmmmmmmmm

Scale is still stuck but at least still at the lowest number... would love that number to become my official WW weighin number next week which means either I strip or manage to drop 2 lbs by next Monday...

Ceara... sounds like you are very busy too... hope you can stop by soon and vent ... keeping your chair warm...

Anyone ever pick fruit at an orchard or a U-PICK place?? Am thinking this way, I know what was put on the fruit... and since it looks like Oranges are going to be very pricey for awhile...
Also want to master a few cobbler recipes...

Kaye's cobblers.... hmmmm... has a nice ring to it don't you think??

Thought of the day :

"We all have the power to change the world in our little neck of the
woods; it doesn't matter if you are from a big city or a small town! "
--The Fly Lady

Question of the day :

"Can you name the very first movie you ever saw in a movie theatre?"

Must be off!
Kettle is on!

deleted2
09-08-2004, 07:00 AM
Been raining steadily here for 2 days, and it's been cool too. The kind of weather where you want to just cozy up with a pile of magazines and TV. Had a really hard time getting motivated to work out yesterday. And last night after I'd finished up my 1500 calories I couldn't stop eating, so my 1500 blossomed up to 2000. Seriously have to get a grip on that. Was reading a blurb the other day cautioning against fall/winter weight gain.

Kaylets, the first movie I ever saw was 'Jungle Book'! I still remember how pleasantly alien it was to be in that big dark room protected by my father. Every time I see a scene or pic from it, I get that same feeling.

Off to work. Where's my umbrella?

anagram
09-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Waiting for the rain here. Muggy, dark, taking it easy again today to help my psyche. I've been eating about the 1800 range most days - it SHOULD work eventually, I say. Mostly in about 200 calories at a time, except for dinner. It's usually about 7-800 for breakfast, lunch, 2 snacks with 1000 left for dinner and evening. Hanging in but watching ever so carefully exactly what I eat. Did have some tomato sauce last night and seemed to tolerate it ok. Step in right direction.

wsw
09-08-2004, 07:48 PM
greetings royal ones!

anagram-hope tummy continues to get better and upcoming doc appt. goes well. yes, it is raining big-time here. we had a few tornado watches too today, and the sky looked appropriately spooky at times, too.

had to lay low this past week due to "technical difficulties" but didn't get as severe cabin fever as usual plus stayed op, so can't complain. had one of my regular doc check-in appts. today, and another one tomorrow. everything a-ok today, and not expecting any surprises tomorrow either. the only bad things about them are the drives and long waits, which are wearing. really enjoyed my visit last week from the adorable golden retriever, mack. this week--summer---year have all flown by for me so quickly. sometimes it scares me how quickly time passes. well, need to roll in to bed. been a long day today, and another one tomorrow. hi eydie, ceara, kaylets, arabella, and to all the royal kingdom. have a good evening, and take care.

anagram
09-08-2004, 09:31 PM
We're currently under a tornado watch too. Been rainy all day but they say the most is yet to come. Overall not expecting to get as much as they thought - it's going west of us.

Quiet - at home day today. Peaceful.

Wildfire, are your recovering ok? Car fixed, replaced?

Kaylets
09-09-2004, 06:27 AM
Hello all...

Very windy, humid w/ intermittent showers... dogs came in dry but the downspouts are running... dogs must not have rubbed up agaiinst anything wet!
I managed to have all the clothes for today ready last night but still somehow, this morning started tilting the wrong way... could be that we are so so busy at work and I am projecting.... Had to force myself to only look at the item in front of me and nothing else as I was making careless errors in my rush to get onto the next one...
Very frustrating to have to go back and correct later...

I wonder if weather worries are starting to wear on me too..
not so much for me but for my folks and everyone else who has family, etc in the path of the storms...

WSW-- thanks for checking in... I was wondering how you were doing on both scores... techincal and weather...

Anagram--- one "problem" item at a time is a good idea... almost like the allergy test diets...

Eydie-- Big Bravo for you for resisting the frozen cookies! I see more and more when I am stressing how my automatic reflex is to grab and stuff!

Arabella- Meant to thank you for posting the horoscope link... I always mean to go back and save links and wind up losing them forever....

Empress?-? -- How goes it? Was wondering if in any of your travels you've bumped into Elberta Crone...

Ceara, Wildfire, Skyfirefly, PUNKIN!, Cerise, ALL of our friends... BIG HUGS!

And Frogger.... how are you? PLEASE make sure someone logs into to tell us when the tadpole arrives...

Thought of the day :

"The life you have led doesn't need to be the only life you'll have."
---Anna Quindlen

Question of the day :

"Name the first song that comes to mind"

KETTLE IS ON!

Arabella
09-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Hi All :wave:

Finally got my invoice for August in yesterday. Now on with September :eek: I feel like I've been pushing myself too hard for too long and everything's out of whack. I've resolved to take the weekend OFF! I need to regroup. I haven't done well on the CORE program some of the time either. I hereby pronounce this Day 2 (I did well yesterday) and am going to aim for the 21 day thing again. Let's see if I can find that checklist...

Here goes:
(These are the ideals, I'll rate myself 1-10)

Follow CORE program (takes in water, veggies, eating only when hungry, no baked goods or processed foods, etc. other than weekly allotment)
1 hour total aerobic, incl. 30 min. high intensity aerobic exercise daily
AM/PM prayer/focusing
Yoga/tai chi/qi qong
Do something fun!
Do something creative!
Make self pretty!
Meditate

Ok - felt better and more energetic as soon as I started posting my daily goals :shrug:

Anagram, your quiet and peaceful day at home sounds just lovely! I'm going to aim for one of those one day soon. I love it when it's raining outside and so cozy inside, a good day to putter around the house and work on projects. Hoping that tornado stays away :crossed:

Kaylets, those darn hot flashes! I think mine are starting to abate, but it's been years! Everyone's different, but that's how mine have been -- I think the stress is a component of the flash. It's the first thing I notice: I feel anxious, notice my heart's pounding and then the heat. I won't be sorry to see the end of this! I'm sure that working on stress in general would help.

BTW, I'm happy to answer to "Wood Nymph"!

WSW, sorry about the technical difficulties. It does sound as if you're doing well dealing with them though! :grouphug: I'm with you -- summer, and etc. have flown past. I'm still hoping for some Indian summer here and some trips to the beach...

Eydie, when does the Pilates class start? I'm looking forward to mid-month too, working on staying on track! I had an interesting conversation with a friend yesterday. She was talking about another friend who's always unhappy. She said he was complaining about feeling bad, and she asked him, "Well, have you EVER been happy?" And he said he hadn't. I just feel like, on some level, it's a decision not to TRY to feel better. I don't always feel like working at it, and often slide into the slough, but it really helps to try. That said, though, with this new attack on the weight/food issues, I'm feeling things that I would have pushed way, way down, and feeling bad for feeling bad. This morning I thought, I need to feel my feelings, address them instead of trying to paper over them.

Now I just rambled on and thought, I don't want Eydie to think I'm preaching at her -- this is really just my ongoing self-talk about the subject and since we've been talking about moods, it fell into your section of the post. :rolleyes:

Let me assure you that I think of you as a very POSITIVE and delightful goddess-in-training!

Royals all, love and om shanti to you, wherever you roam! Let's take this day and do the best we can with it!

anagram
09-09-2004, 07:49 AM
Goodest morn, Royals. Woke up just before feeling pretty good. Not as much rain as predicted, today's weather won't be great but not too bad. Feel energized. (Of course, I'm feeling somewhat better - I go to doctor today - must be a defensive thing.)

Wood Nymph, indeed we do need to "feel" our moods. Mine were subjected to the needs of the world most of my life but I have learned to occasionally "wallow" and move on. And I too think sometimes there is choice involved (at whatever level, subliminal or not). When I'm struggling upward, I have this thing I do which makes both dh and I laugh a bit and that's always a good start. I will slowly lift one arm and say quietly "RAH", then the other a bit faster and the RAH a bit louder, repeating as needed. It never gets really fast or really loud but it's a reminder to cheer me on as I fake it until I make it. Usually works (not always tho). I think I am by nature a cheery person and I hate being down but sometimes we have a right to be and it's a good time to really look at things in our lives and sort out what changes we can make and what we can't really change anything about except our reaction to them.

Enjoyed reading the horoscopes as well. I have noticed a pattern in my year which (mostly because of heat and allergies, I think) usually makes this a down period for me. However, I have also noted through the years that (as fall comes and allergies die down) that I usually feel like a new person by mid September. At some points I had thought this was because I was born at that time and perhaps minding that I was getting older. I know know it's more a physical than a mental thing and when it comes, I can deal with it better. Has not been as bad this year because allergies have not been as bad. All those storms were good for something.

Kaylets, I'm still trying to get a song to come into my mind. Isn't that ridiculous? The only thing I can get is "Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay" and I know there are songs I like better than that!

Amarantha2
09-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Yo, this is going to be another evil me-me postie, as I need to go back to bed for awhile ... :queen: s ... sorry about the lack of participation in palace functions. Actually, I just sort of hate showing a cavalier attitude and breezing in and out at me leisure so kind of just lurk ... been having a lot of dental emergencies also, too bad it doesn't stop me eating.

Howsomever, I am down on Demon Scale again this week ... I did a Thursday weigh-in this week for various reasons. In four weeks on WW, I've lost four pounds, quite a change from my recent months of gaining .2 or more a week. I did switch from Core to Flex (and cheated the first week even on that) and feel really in synch with it this time.

The first movie I ever saw in a theater (or anywhere) was "Snow White" ... I was, well, I won't tell you what age, but I was quite young ... I had a (similarly very young) friend who lived down the street and his mother took us both to see SW. It quite frightened and depressed me, I recall.

It still frightens and depresses me.

Which I guess is one definition of the art of film.

Sorry, I really need to lie down.

I'm still doing the journal in the virtual diet land far, far away if anyone's over there, which will give details of how I'm doing dietwise ... so sorry this is such a MOI postie.

frogger
09-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Hi all!! Just a quick postie. I know I don't post nearly as much as I should. I believe it's been a month since I've been on here.

We only have a week and a half left until my due date. Got checked yesterday and we are only a fingertip dialated. :mad: I'm ready to have this baby already!!! I'm HUGE and I'm so tired physically.

I hope all of you are doing great. I'll keep reading your posts!

deleted2
09-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the check in, Frogger! How exciting!!!! :D

The rains have passed, and the weather's beautiful, nice and temperate. I'm so ready for Fall. I still have to get the garden 'put to bed' yet. The last thing left in the garden are peppers, and they're going to be coming on strong by next week. Have to find recipes!

Arabella, I so agree with you about choices, moods and foods, etc. It's always distressing to me to go off my program, because I know better. Just last night I ate a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips like a crazy woman--so NOT like me. So what is going on? I really feel it's my old tape of 'who do you think you are, little missy?' Always kicks in when things are going really, really well. Today I feel strong and am ready to move forward. All digits crossed! ;)
By the way, my class starts October 5th. I already have 10 people signed up!

If it's okay I may start posting my food journal here. I like sharing that and getting the feedback from others. Speaking of "feed", I'm suddenly very hungry. Will go have something healthy, of course!

Amarantha, hocus pocus focus focus!!!

anagram
09-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Great hearing from you, Empress, and even greater that you are down four pounds! Huzzah!!

deleted2
09-09-2004, 08:20 PM
coffee w/ fat-free 1/2 and 1/2
2 whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter, strawberry jam
1/2 banana

Salad [lettuce, vegs, soy 'chicken', ff Italian]
100-calorie pk. wheat thins
1 pk granola bites

veg.-lentil soup
ww tortilla w/ lite swiss, spinach, onion, carrots, peppers
1/2 banana w/ tiny blob of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff

snacks: coffee w/ ff 12/ and 1/2**choc. bran muffin
low-fat ice cream sandwich

calories: 1555
water: 8 glasses
exercise: 40 min. bellydance video
25 min. Pilates
15 min. yoga

Amarantha2
09-09-2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks, Anagram! :)

Great menu, Eydie!

Huzzah!

anagram
09-10-2004, 05:54 AM
So, OK, it's official. According to my doctor's scale I have not lost any wt. since June. Plus it weighs 3 lbs more than mine (no surprise) so that means I haven't really lost almost 50 lbs. It's 46 lbs as of yesterday. I think I'll use his as my "official" wt and my scale just for keeping me on track.

Of course, I know I did lose five lbs in that time. The five lbs I put on overnight right after that visit because he added a new medicine. But in the final analysis that doesn't count because it's the final line that matters. And I've got to remember I am healthier because I've been making more healthy choices than I would have made at one time.

Up WAY early again today. Going to pool. This will only be twice this week so need to get in some other good movement.

Eydie, one of the good things about the quiet at home day was that I talked dh into going through some old papers of his and then he did another box yesterday. I've been really pleased with my progress on this front lately and those two boxes help a lot as well.

DS coming home this weekend. Sans DDIL. I love to see her but he has not come alone very often and I savor that special time as well. Also hoping to get some computer help from him - and maybe a little physical chore or two ;). Anyway, he'll be the fun in my life for a few days.

Morning paper calling me. Still dark but was very peaceful and STARLIT outside this a.m. It's been so rainy/cloudy lately I'd almost forgotten starlight.

Wishing you a good one!

Kaylets
09-10-2004, 06:49 AM
Hello all!

Well, all I can say is... I was definitely out of control last night... the peanutbutter jar and I .... If I didnt use all my flexpts, I'd be suprised...
I knew the pts were there but what I also knew was that I was reacting to stress.....
I went to bed to get myself away from the kitchen but not until I had 3 peanutbutter sandwiches....

Now I can only hope that I don't have sugar/carb cravings for the next couple days...

I'm not feeling filled with guilt which is a plus... just a feeling of "Sometimes **it happens".....

The short story is there was lots of drama here yesterday... DS has been jobless nearly 2 weeks (if that story is accurate... could be longer) but hiding it from us...

Eydie- please post away... I could use some ideas..

Anagram-- yes, it IS the medication... things will sort themselves out...

Empress-- don't ever forget we are here for you!

Arabella-- glad your mo end has ended!

Frogger! How nice to hear from you! We are rooting for a fast, easy delivery!

Thought of the day:

The thing that goes the farthest towards making life worth while,
that costs the least and does the most, is just a pleasant smile.
-----Wilbur D. Nesbit

Question of the day---
"What is the last thing you ate you really which you hadn't?"

KETTLE IS ON!

Arabella
09-10-2004, 07:55 AM
Good morning, all!
Feeling tired and sort-of cruddy. I think I must have a touch of something or other -- been this way for a couple of weeks. I really have to watch it, because I know fatigue is probably even ahead of stress as a binge-trigger for me. I resolve to try to rest as much as I can today and not push myself. It's predictable -- I feel very tired, and instead of going to lie down I stay at the computer, am not productive and end up stuffing something in my face. On some level, I think it will fix me. Will not do that today!

Didn't do badly yesterday. My challenge is to continue to keep track, in any case:

1 hour total aerobic, incl. 30 min. high intensity aerobic exercise daily -- 6
AM/PM prayer/focusing -- 8
Yoga/tai chi/qi qong -- 5
Do something fun! -- nope, I didn't
Do something creative! -- 5
Make self pretty! -- 7
Meditate -- 4

Kaylets, the thing I ate that I wish I hadn't was about 10 chocolate chip cookies a few days ago. I haven't really been craving carbs since, thank the Goddess. I think it may have been so much sugar I just want to get the substance out of my body.

Sorry about the ongoing problems with DS!

Anagram, you accomplished that five pound loss, whether it shows on :devil: scale or not! And you've done wonders in not gaining weight on the new meds! :yes:

Amarantha, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Frogger, thanks for stopping by! What an adventure you're embarking on!

Eydie, autumn in Virginia sounds so lovely -- I might almost be ready for autumn too! I WANT MORE SUMMER!!!!

I must be off. Love to all! Let's make this one count!

anagram
09-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Sorry for continued ds problems, Kaylets. That kind of stress does just call for pb. Which at least is more healthy than some things and you probably were within points. Hope situation resolves quickly.

Frogger! Hi! The last week or so does drag, doesn't it? Still suggesting Wed. for the big day - Virgos can be such nice people but then so can Libras.

Class sounds exciting, Eydie. Tell that little girl all's ok and you're a big girl now and can handle it (whatever it may be).

Aah, Wood Nymph, a sabbatical is in order - an hour's snooze or walk or meditation would make the rest of the day go much better. You're hanging in well but you do need a break too. At least you took care of your fun today - you posted in the palace!

Looking lovely here today in the sunlight as well. Off I go.

Arabella
09-10-2004, 01:38 PM
'Tis Friday, and I was just wondering if anyone's got an email address for :queen: Punkin o' Same. I did send Cerise a PM a while ago. Don't know if she got it. Sometimes the e-mail addresses for those aren't current.

anagram
09-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Will PM you w/an address for Punkin from last fall. As you say, don't know if still good.

Kaylets
09-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Hello all,

DH is much calmer tonight which makes things so much easier for me...
He knows how I feel about the situation (ah..... things would've been entirely different.... )
so thanks Anagram and Arabella for the support... The worst of this for me is how it affects DH...

I too have an email address for Punkin but I believe she mentioned a new service .....

So... the weekend begins... one load of wash done since I've come home...
out hanging to dry now. Left a voicemail for my folks, told them I'd call back at 9... storm is pointed at Tampa and I am know their nerves were frayed w/ last weekend's storm.....
I was hoping they'd get in the car and drive north but I don't know what they've done...

always something isn't it?

Eydie... its something how when we think we've got it all figured out....

time to unload the dishwasher...

Empress... I still am fighting w/ Diettalk...
I dunno....

Kaylets
09-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Hello all!

This morning really seems to be putting things in perspective for me...

Was writing a check in the grocery store this morning and it was very strange to write 9/11 on the check...
So many memories, so many thoughts...

I was one of those people who said "Take this as a lesson, live to the fullest, remember your priorties, .."
In many ways, I have. But I know I can do better.....

Not only for this weightloss journey but in so many other ways of my life... I admit, in many ways, the impact of 9/11 had lessened ...
But this 3rd anniversary is making me remember how much I do take for granted or don't appreciate as I should.

More importantly, I am reminded that for as many heroes we remember this weekend, all of these people were just like you and me...
All of the victims, the rescue people, the survivors, all of them could have been you or me...

Personally, I feel an obligation to these heroes... to live my life to the fullest as my tribute to them... to try my hardest even when things seem darkest... and no matter the outcome, try my best to face it with dignity....

***Thought for the day:

"Let's roll"

Question of the day:

"What does 9/11 mean to you?"

KETTLE IS ON

anagram
09-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Good morning. Off to a slow but good start. Few chores done. Making a salad is next. Always must have a large bowl of salad ready for the Crown Prince. He's such a healthy eater, always loved his salad even when he ate all sorts of other things that weren't as healthy.

So no special plans today. Taking good neighbors/friends to brunch tomorrow

Arabella
09-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Today's one of those wonderful late summer/early fallish kind of days here. Perfect temps, sunny, clear air. Not unlike it was three years ago. What a terrible day. For me, it feels like a death still, and I guess what I mourn is a specific sort of American spirit, a kind of New York brash invincibility and vibrance that must now forever be tethered by the shock and sadness of that day. I know that spirit IS invincible. I know that there's good come of that day as well; people focus more on what really matters, etc. But the innocence and the feeling that "it can't happen here" is lost. As a Canadian, well, I don't think I feel any more removed from it than if I were living in some other part of the United States.

Kaylets, that's always the lesson, isn't it. The fact of death, and our inability to know when it might strike us, should teach us to live our lives to the fullest. I guess some part of me remembered what day it was, because that's what I was thinking about when I woke up this morning. Feeling very much like life is too short to be half-lived.

Would you remind me where "Let's roll" comes from?

Anagram, enjoy your visit with DS!

Love to all, much love and peace to America!

Kaylets
09-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Hi Arabella!
You know, this morning when I posted, I couldn't remember his name but as soon as I read your post, I remembered...

"Let's Roll" was what Scott Beemer said on the flight that the passengers fought w/ the terrorists. The airplane that was supposed to either hit the Pentagon or the White House.. Scott Beemer called his wife to tell her that his plane had been hijacked and she told him about the towers... ...other passengers were also making phone calls.. Quickly, some passengers understood what was happening and and they decided to fight w/ the terrorists... even though they knew they the odds were against them....
Scott Beemer's response when asked if he would help fight the terrorists was "Let's Roll".....

I hope I could be as brave...!

Kaylets
09-11-2004, 07:54 PM
I did a quick Google search and A, I mispelled Scott Beamer's name..
B, he didnt call his wife, he spoke w/ an operator... He was afraid his wife would be too upset ... and she too said, to have to speak to him at that time would have been very very difficult.. ( she was pregnant w/ their 3rd child too)

How quickly the details fade.....

But the message is still so poignant...

anagram
09-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Well, Happy Monday, All!

Had a good weekend w/ds here. And he checked out a few friends and all his old haunts as well. Did some 'puter maintenance stuff for me and a few physical cleanup chores outside. Big Help! He left mid morning and things went downhill. A guy was supposed to come give me an estimate on some work (I've waited 2 and a half weeks and skipped the pool to be here). He calls an hour or so before he's to come and says can we make it tomorrow. Well tomorrow's crazy enough and I'm going to be away the next three days so that would be waiting another week, blah, blah, blah. So I said no. He claims he just got the order today but acknowledges it says I called when I said I did. Probably keeping appts made much later. Anyway I looked at the clock, picked up my gym bag and headed for late class at pool. FORGOT MY BATHING SUIT. So I came home and muddled on after a long lunch. Then BIL/SIL called to say they wouldn't be stopping for lunch tomorrow (this time, a hurray) so fortunately now I can get there tomorrow but still enough going on to make it crazy.

DH cleaned the rug in the family room today so things are all still scattered around other rooms while it's drying. I got all the laundry done and tackled another corner in the garage. Bit by bit I'm getting it done. Not perfectly but......Also still working on files. I do a little on each every day - some days very little - but it's going to get me there. Just like this durn diet.

My weekend was calorically high but not the absolute worst. Rest of week looks like it will be too. Sigh!!!!! Leaving Wednesday to play with the princesses for a couple of days so probably won't get a lot done later this week. But FUN is still one of my goals so I'll have a couple of days of that.

Should be Frogger's little tapole princess soon.

Kaylets
09-14-2004, 06:36 AM
Hello all!

Guess I didnt stop by yesterday... Hmmm... not sure how that happened...

so... here's a Monday Grin for you!

Bear Chugs Rainier ... Leaves the Busch

August 18, 2004

Bear drinks 36 cans of favorite beer
BAKER LAKE, Wash. - Rain-eeeeer .... Bear? When state Fish and Wildlife agents recently found a black bear passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort, there were some clues scattered nearby - dozens of empty cans of Rainier Beer.

Advertisement

The bear apparently got into campers' coolers and used his claws and teeth to puncture the cans. And not just any cans.

"He drank the Rainier and wouldn't drink the Busch beer," said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.

Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest.

"He didn't like that (Busch) and consumed, as near as we can tell, about 36 cans of Rainier."

A wildlife agent tried to chase the bear from the campground but the animal just climbed a tree to sleep it off for another four hours. Agents finally herded the bear away, but it returned the next morning.

Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: doughnuts, honey and, in this case, two open cans of Rainier. That did the trick.

"This is a new one on me," Heinck said. "I've known them to get into cans, but nothing like this. And it definitely had a preference."

©Indiana Printing & Publishing Co. 2004

Interesting how even "wild" animals will binge but still have preferences!!

Got to my WW's weighin last night... yesterday am the scale was surreal so I thought I must need a fresh battery... But the official weighin says I have broken thru another barrier...!! Very surreal for me...I see the number but the impact is still sinking in... I feel like I'm btween 3rd base and homeplate...
Really am grateful as I find this weekend loss ( or at least that's when I noticed it) very motivating....

And DH is thrilled too because he thinks our Sunday night bowling should take credit too.... and yes, he's right... one major reason I joined the Sunday night league was for more activity points for me but also for him too!

Thought of the day :

"High expectations are the key to everything."
--Sam Walton

Question of the day :

"Do you recycle?"

I must be off!

KETTLE IS ON!

Arabella
09-14-2004, 07:54 AM
Kaylets, My Dove, you were here yesterday, but posted on the new thread, Terrific Two Weeks - Sprint VI rather than this, Sprint V. :lol: Don't mind me, I'm reading a book about private detectives and am so thrilled to have solved the mystery.

A HUGE WOOOOOOHOOOO!!! and WTG for breaking into new territory with that loss! YAY!!!