Exercise! - SePtEmBeR WaLkErS, Just Walking Away the Pounds

SunnyD57
09-01-2004, 07:34 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/CatCoffeeCup.gif

Good Morning Gals!

Here are my SePtEmBeR GOALS:

WaLk ~ 2 Miles, 5 Days a week
Curves ~ at least 2x a week
Weight-loss ~ to lose at least 5 - 7 lbs. this month (I hope I hope!)

:flow1: Hope you all Have a Great September Result :flow1:

Be seeing ya ;)
Luvs, :sunny: SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
09-01-2004, 07:55 AM
*~*~*

Good Morning Michelle ~ I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that picture of you and your new family member at the end of the August Walkers thread ;) What kind of puppy is he or she? What is his or her name??
Absolutely adorable --- both of you!

*~*~*

I sure do hope to see some of you gals return :^:
I miss seeing you *KRISTI * CATHY * LYNNE* SHEILA * JANINE * WENDY * BRENDA * COURTNEY & MELISSA * :cry: Please forgive me if I have forgotten any of you, I sure didn't mean to... :^:

:wave: Good Morning MEL & ABIRDEE!!!

*God Bless*
and Have an Awesome Day reaching your New Goals :smug:

:sunny: SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

MichelleRae
09-01-2004, 09:43 AM
hi sunny!!! He is a a Shih Tzu and he is only 6 weeks old!! I named him Yugi I am just so in love with him!!

How are you feeling?

Gotta go start the day!
Love to all
Michelle

macdeez
09-01-2004, 11:09 AM
I agree with Sunny, that picture of you and your puppy is absolutely adorable, Michelle! I bet the kids just love him, hey? Glad to hear you are enjoying your bowflex -- keep up the great work, girl! :)

I'm sorry to hear that you've been suffering from a headache, Sunny! I'm sending you my very best wishes for a speedy recovery! :) IBS since age of 9, hey? Yikes! Well, I really hope that your new book continues to come in handy... I'm sure it will. :) I really can't thank you enough for all your encouragement... I truly appreciate it! Good luck in achieving your Sept. goals, we'll all be here cheering you on! :)

Abirdee, best of luck in your Sept. goals! Keep up the great work and I'm sure you'll be seeing the results you are hoping for!

I ended August with another 4mi and strength-training and will start Sept. off the very same way. Tomorrow will only be morning strength-training since we have our trip to get ready for. :cb: I'm getting VERY excited... two more sleeps 'til we leave... three more sleeps 'til I turn 26! <--- Yes, I'm like a big kid when it comes to my birthday! :lol:

I really hope we hear from all the other ladies soon... been missin' them! :) I hope you're all keeping well!

Well girls, I have to get started on my exercise, but I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Take care of yourselves! :)

~mel

SunnyD57
09-01-2004, 12:07 PM
*~*~*

It's sooooo good to see you both :^: more then you will ever know... ... ...

I am not feeling very well today :cry:... the headache has left me (thank the Lord), but the spinach I had last night in one of the recipes did not agree with me. So I am nursing a flare-up as I speak. I have spent the morning sitting on a heating pad and one on my tummy and have just now took a very hot shower (causes the muscles to relax) and am now beginning to feel a little relief. While I was in the shower I had a real good cry... ... sometimes that does wonders in itself. So in this experimental stages of discovering *what* causes my flare-ups I am staying close to home!

So far here is my list of definitely !NO :no: ! Foods for ME---> NO RED MEATS, NO DAIRY (none - I take calcium chews 3x a day), NO SOY, NO FRIED FOODS (very dangerous for me), NO SPINACH, VERY LITTLE FATS LIKE OILS, NO CALIFLOWER or CABBAGE (so far). I noticed that Heather (the writer of the book) can eat Soy, Cabbage & Spinach, so some react differently then others and she states that in her book. The first week to 10 days will be trial and error. That's why she said to keep plenty of cooked rice and fiber tablets on hand, so when you have a flare-up take the fiber and eat the rice to fill the intestine and stop the spasms that are causing the pain. It has really helped me. I am beginning to see now what I can have & what not to. I cannot wait till I can feel well all the time & get into a routine again.

I have gotten 1 mile in so far today, but have to take the 2nd mile later today - when the tummy feels better.

Thank you so much MEL & MICHELLE for taking the time to hear me... I feel so very alone (at home) when I am ill like this, but being able to come here and share with you all makes all the difference in the world! You gals are the best! :^: :smug: All of you are :)

*~*~*

Michelle ~ What a cute name for your puppy... how did you choose it? I bet your children just love him to death! Are they use to pets? Or is Yugi your first one?

How are you doing with your Bow-flex? I have seen the commercial for it and think it's a great machine and if I had the space here I would have one too. *Luck* with your new routine... keep in touch and let us know how you are doing with it, okay. You are sooooo very close to *One*derland :flow2:

Mel ~ Thank you so much! :^: ;)
You sound so good!!! I am so very, very happy for you Mel!!! You are going to have the BESTEST 26th Birthday!!!! You have worked so hard --- you go and enjoy yourself without a second thought. Have the best weekend! :dance: Take some pics for us... maybe? I know I sure would enjoy them. That's okay about being a big kid for your birthday :D I love birthday's too!!! Allot!!! And always have.
*ENJOY!!!!*

*~*~*

Well gals, I really must be going... I cannot sit for too long right now. I will check in later if I can.

(((Hugs))) *God Bless*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

MichelleRae
09-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Sunny my thoughts and prayers are with you today sweetheart!! :grouphug:

I picked the name Yugi because hubby likes this cartoon called Yu-gi-oh and the dog is a shih tzu and I thought the name fit :) The kids just adore him as does our other dog jaxxie who is a malamute/springer spaniel mix and just a lover!! My poor yugi broke his leg last night though :( he was trying to get through the screen door and follow the "big" dog and the door shut before he could get out so he is at the vet getting a cast right now :( I was just bawling when I saw the broken bone I felt horrible even though it wasn't my fault and the vet explained that these things happen :( But he'll back to new in two weeks.

Sunny I hope you are feeling better really soon. Hugs and love and lots of big smiles coming your way :D

Love ya
Michelle

macdeez
09-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Sunny... dear me, I'm really sorry that you are experiencing such awful pain! I will cross all my... hmmm... "crossables" that you feel better REAL soon! *Hugs* And look at how dedicated you are, still getting your miles in! Geez, you're amazing, girl! The advice on the fiber tablets and rice sounds very interesting... and I'll definitely have to try that. Thanks for the info! :) I only hope that it's smooth-sailing from here on out for you, hun! Perhaps curl up with a cozy blanket and get some rest... we'll all be thinking of you and wishing you all the very best! :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes... I'm sure it'll be a great time. I'm esp. looking forward to taking Meleigha to see a live "Little Bear" show on Sunday afternoon as well as the fireworks that same night... I imagine those two events will be the highlights of the weekend! I always thought that she'd be a Daddy's girl... and perhaps one day she will be, but for now, she's stuck like glue to me. And I so love that. Quite often she'll climb up on my lap and say "Momma, you're my best friend"... nothing could possibly warm my heart as much as that. :) I'm truly lucky to have Meleigha as my daughter... I count my blessings each and every day.

Anyways Sunny, very best wishes sent your way, girl! :) Take care of yourself!

~mel

MichelleRae
09-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Mel!!!!!! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!!!! Woohooooo I will be 27 at the end of november!! I hope you have a wonderful Birthday!!! hugs to you!!

Michelle

macdeez
09-02-2004, 11:29 AM
G'mornin' ladies! I hope you're all off to a great start today! :)

Thanks, Michelle for the birthday wishes! :) I hope you are having a good day today! How's Yugi doing? I hope his leg isn't too sore!

Sunny, I hope you're feeling much better today! I was certainly thinking about you all day yesterday... wishing you all the very best. :) Oh, before I forget, have you heard any news about Joe's sleep study? Did the find anything?

I managed to get three miles in yesterday evening but it was ridiculously windy out so we cut it a mile short. Ah well. Today will be strength-training only since we have so much to get ready before tomorrow morning and won't have time enough to head out for our nightly walk. Besides, we really should get to bed at a reasonable hour since we plan to be on the road by 5:30am.

I really hope all of you have a wonderful OP weekend! Take care of yourselves! Be back on Tuesday...!

~mel

SunnyD57
09-02-2004, 12:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/SPRINGTEDDYCOUPLE1.jpg

Good Morning Gals!

Mel ~ I thought I did mention it, but I think it was on another thread :o --- I am sorry :sorry: Joe got an a-okay on his sleep study. His heart is healthy and his BP is real good. The people at the Hospital doing the study think that because Joe has been sleeping on his side and going to bed earlier weeks before the test it made a difference in the results. A good one :) He does snore quit loudly when he is on his back (therefore he sleeps on his side now) and all is well. We both were very happy to hear that he does not have sleep apnea.

As for me... I am feeling so much better today! :D Thank-you so much for asking about me ;) I did curl up with a blankie and a hot cup of mint tea yesterday... it felt so good to do that. When I woke up this morning I was still achy, but it has lessened as the morning goes on & I am doing so much better. I got in only the 1 mile yesterday and 1.25 miles in this morning but I am hoping to get in another mile this afternoon. I think I am figuring out what makes me ill and doesn't and am hopefully well on my way to good health again :) Thank you so much for all your thoughts and your prayers :^: :goodvibes it means so much to me.

So you'll be leaving soon for the big Birthday weekend... I know you will have a wonderful time! Cannot wait for you to go and then return telling us all about it :smug:

Michelle ~ Thank you so much too :goodvibes ~ I could feel the love and concern from you as well and am so very grateful for your friendship also. It feels so good to have a place to come too. Hopefully I will be my cheery self again real soon --- I don't like being in this painful, sad place. I am well on my way I think ;)

I am so very sorry to hear of your Yugi :cry: I hope that he is doing better today. Things like that do happen unfortunately... I remember taking my kitten, Zeppe, to the vets just after only a few weeks of having them home because his brother, Guido, bit him in play and gave him a blood infection that needed to be treated with meds. You have to watch them allot when they are little... allot of work :dizzy: ! But ohhh so much *Joy* ~ give him a little *feel better hug* for me too would you ;)

*~*~*

Well, I must be going --- I have given myself a brief amount of time sitting and my time is up for the moment. Be catching you both later...
(((Big Hugs))) :grouphug: for you both!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifSePtEmBeR MiLeS: 2.25

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifSePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 0 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
09-02-2004, 12:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Birthday13.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/CAKE03.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/MMS01.gif

Mel ~ You have a Marvelous :hb: Birthday Celebration!
Thinking of you!!!!
Always, SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

shoequeen69
09-02-2004, 12:50 PM
I just stumbled across this thread today. Can I join up? :^: I've just recently become a walking junkie. :s: I've been doing aerobics and weights and treadmill and elliptical machine at the YMCA but when the weather started getting nicer I started going to the park. :sunny: Now I'm hooked. I've really missed it this week. I injured my lower back somehow earlier this week and I've been out of comission. :cry: I'm hoping to take a leisurely walk tonight to work it out some. About 2 weeks ago I did 3.5 miles but I think my typical will be 2 miles. I'm doing a walk benefiting alzheimers on September 11th and its 3.8 miles. Do you set a certain mile goal for the month? I've been reading up on the posts. Ya'll sound like a lot of fun. How do you put a picture in your posts? I'll be checking back in with you all later - Amy :tread:

cathyxxx
09-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Hey there gang!

Mel - Happy Happy Birthday! hope you have a special day!

I just thought I better check in and let you guys know what has been going on with me. I certainly didn't make my goal for last month, don't even know right now how many miles I walked, but it doesn't really matter, I did what I could.

My grandmother, who was 87, passed away on August 10, after being really ill for 17 months. My grandfather, who is 88, had been healthy as a horse until the past few months, but we thought he was just really run down from helping to take care of MawMaw. He found out on Monday, last week, that he had liver cancer, and passed away early Saturday morning, August 28. I was with him a lot last week and I have never seen anyone go so quickly! They were married for 68 years and apart for only 17 days.

In the middle of all of this a friend of mine's 25 year old sister was killed tragically in a car wreck. I have been at the funeral home so much these past few weeks that it seems to be that my car wants to head that direction when I head out in the mornings. *sigh*

I have been busy with all of that and trying to be there for my mother too, besides everything else I normally do.

Oh the other thing is - we had a really bad hail storm on Saturday and now none of our vcr/dvd players will turn on, so I have nothing that will play my walking tapes right now. I have one of them down at a repair shop to see if they can fix it for $20, if not I will have to replace them when I can afford to do that.

But I am gonna think realyl positive here, andl set the same goal that I have been having to walk 40 miles this month.

hugs,
cathy

macdeez
09-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Sunny, Glad to hear you're off to a better start today... I was certainly worried about you yesterday. Good for you for snugglin' up with a hot mug of tea and a warm cozy blanket... that's the best thing you could do for yourself is to take it easy and recoup! :) That's definitely good news about Joe's sleep study... and I'm glad that he's able to sleep better now. :) Thanks again for the birthday wishes... it certainly means a lot! :) I'll be sure to post pictures after we return Monday night.

Cathy, Thanks to you as well for the happy birthday wishes! :) But I'm definitely sorry to hear of all the loss you've suffered recently. You have my deepest sympathy. :( A marriage which lasts as long as your grandparent's did really helps to make the world go 'round, doesn't it? It's a truly beautiful thing to be witness to. My grandparents will be celebrating their 61st anniversary this year and while Nana is in a care facility now (she has dementia), the love they possess for each other is still so evident to everyone who comes in contact with them. I hope with all the recent events you are doing ok. I'm most definitely thinking of you and your family.

Amy, Let me be the first to welcome you to this thread... you've found a great bunch of ladies here! They're all so caring and supportive... and more than once, they've helped to pick me up, dust me off, and send me on my way again. I'm sorry to hear that you've hurt your lower back, I sure hope you feel better soon! :) Best of luck in your monthly goals... we'll all be here cheering you on... every step of the way!

Well this will be my last post until Tues morning as I still have a million things to do to prep for our weekend away. But I hope you all have a wonderful weekend... keep on smilin' girls! :) Take care of yourselves...!

~mel

KAR73
09-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi Ladies,
I just started walking as a form of excerise again. I got hooked on the Walk Away the Pounds videos last year. I had been doing them faithly until the spring. Then I just stopped and only got excerise on the days I went to Curves. But I started back to school last week and decided to walk 2 miles before going to school. So that way I would be nice and relaxed for my students. It has worked so far. Even on the weekends, I squeeze in a walk. Plus I go to Curves three days aweek.
I have been stuck at the same weight for the last month. So I am hoping to blast through and get below that weight this month. My goal is to walk 60 miles. Plus lose 5 pounds this month.
So far I have went to Curves once this month. Plus I have walked about 10 miles already. Done the WATP's 2 mile video each morning. Went for a 4 mile walk with my dh last night and a 2 mile walk this evening. So I am pumped and ready to walk away my fat. :)

You sound like a great bunch of ladies! I know that you will help me reach my goal of breaking past 206 pounds.
Well I need to be heading off to bed. Talk to you all later. Have a great weekend!
Your new walking buddy,
Kerry

SunnyD57
09-03-2004, 08:15 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/cc8miscsun1.gif A very Good Morning Gals!!

:wave: A HUGE *WELCOME*
to *AMY* & KERRY*! :wave:

Hi Kerry ~ I remember you from the Curves Thread ;) I haven't been over there much now that I have joined on this thread - I'm sorry :sorry: I know you were posting allot there... how are you doing these days? :^: Sounds like you have some great goals for this month and will do well in reaching them! *Luck* to you!!

Hi Amy ~ Of course you can join in! :yes: Everyone is welcome to. Allot of us also do other workouts as well as walking - I go to Curves. We just set our own goals and try to meet up with them if we can --- no competing here except maybe with ourselves to reach our set goals ;)

I think it's wonderful that you are planning a walk benefiting Alzheimer on September 11th ~ wishing you the very best :)

As for the images --- I will send you a PM with instructions on how to do them at the fist possible moment I get, okay :^:

Hey there Cathy! ~ It's so good to see you back!!! :flow2: I was so concerned you had left us...
I am so very sorry :cry: :sorry: to hear of the passing of BOTH your grandparents... how very sad! You & your family have my sympathies & prayers. How long were they married? To be in their 80's and still alive together --- wonderful to hear about!! I hope the same for Joe & I. I have often heard that after living so long with one another that the spouse passes shortly after the first. My heart goes out to you... so much loss in such a short amount of time. And then for your DF to lose her sister :o my goodness... you have been through allot of sadness this last month! Here is a BIG :grouphug: Let's hope that this month will be a better month for you --- you just gotta get your VCR running again ;) Do you have DVD's? You can play the DVD into your computer if you have a DVD player in your tower... just a thought. You take care of yourself now, Cathy! I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way for a much better month ahead :^:

Hi Michelle!!! ~ How's that little guy, Yugi, doing??

Mel ~ I'll miss you!!! Cannot wait to hear about your birthday weekend :D

*~*~*

Me... I am feeling so much better today!!!! In fact, I am feeling pretty darn good!!! No complaints today - well, except that maybe I wish I had gotten in another mile yesterday :^: I will try my best to get my 2 miles in today. As soon as I finish postiing here I will dash off and head for my T-mill ;)

*Have a WONDERFUL DAY Gals!*
*Think Positive*
Luvs, :sunny: SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

cathyxxx
09-03-2004, 12:04 PM
thanks gals! ya'll are all too sweet!

Sunny - they were married 68 years! yep a really long time! and only apart for 17 days. but they are running on streets of gold together now!

The repair place got one vcr/dvd player running and I'm picking it up today. He said that when the electricity surged on and off that it jammed the belt in the vcr part and the belt had to be changed out. suppose to be working fine now. $20 to fix, so that is much better then having to buy another one - even at Walmart. Hopefully it will be the same problem with the other 2.

Soooooooo NO MATTER WHAT I am gonna exercise first thing tomorrow morning!

oh yea - I have tapes and dvds. that's a great idea about playing the dvd in the computer, but our computer is older and doesn't play them.

and Sunny - don't worry - I will never leave! I have been walking for exercise for dang....15 years now....I cannot stop. With a low thryoid problem I should be exercising every day for an hour. I can't do that with my schedule but I have got to do as much as I can. so you'll never get rid of me! :dizzy:

yep - I'm definitely hoping and praying that this will be a better month!

hope everyone has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

KAR73
09-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Evening Ladies,
I hope everyone had a great day today. I was able to walk my 2 miles this morning. Then this afternoon I went to Curves. I got weighed and measured for this month. I stayed the same weight wise, but did loss some inches and body fat. My arms went down an inch and my waist went down 3/4 of an inch. I dropped 1.30% body fat. So I am feeling positive about reaching my goal this coming month.
Sunny, I missed you on the Curves thread. NO one has been in there for about a month now. Sounds like you are plugging away on your weight loss goals. Keep up the good work. Sorry to hear that you have been ill lately. Hope you are feeling better today.
Cathy I am glad that the repair shop was able to get one of your vcr's working. That must make you feel positive about walking again.
Well I am off to bed. I plan on doing the WATP's Express Super Challenge tomorrow morning. Need to be well rested for it. I haven't done it in a while.
Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Kerry

clarrie
09-04-2004, 04:28 AM
Hi, can I apply here to join the September Walkers? I've made this challenge for myself:

When my son goes back to school on Wednesday, then I will plan to walk for 20 - 30 mins every day, either after I have dropped him at school or before I pick him up in the afternoon. I will do this on a minimum of 3 days out of 5 each week, and this will be in addition to my other exercise commitments (1 each of aquarobics, belly dancing, swimming) not instead of.

cathyxxx
09-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Hey clarrie - I recognize you from our daily thread boards! hey hey hey

Well I MADE MYSELF do a 30 minute 2 mile Express WATP tape w/2 lb weights, and then 45 situps and 15 double leg lifts. I not draggin near as bas as I was this morning when I got up - I am here to tell you that exercise REALLY DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

September Miles = 2

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
cathy

BrunetteChic_2000
09-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Hi Ladies!!

I am new to 3FC and a walker too!
I was just wondering if I could join your group. I have 60 pounds to loose total, but right now I am concentrating on that first 10%! ;)
I live in WI, but by the time that it is really to cold and snowy to walk outside I should be moving south!
Well, I should better get walking!! :dizzy:

KAR73
09-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Hi everyone,
Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend! I got up this morning and did the WATP Super Challenge walk (4 miles) with my 8 year-old sdd. So that was a great way to start the day.
Clarrie that sounds like you have a wonderful plan on adding walking into your workout routine. I think any little bit of excersie helps. Look at me, I have lost close to 70 pounds and have another 80 to lose. It is just a slow but rewarding process.:)
Cathy I bet you are happy to get back to using your WATP videos. I am very sorry to hear about all the sorrow your family has been through the past month. My grandparents were together for 61 years before my grandfather passed away from Alzhemier's. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time for you. :) Keep up the walking, it sure is a great way to relieve stess.
Sunny how are you today?
KJ welcome to 3fatchicks.com What part of the south would you like to move to?
Well I guess I better go and help my dh fix dinner. Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

September walking miles so far: 16

BrunetteChic_2000
09-04-2004, 09:20 PM
DH is in the Army, so probably North Carolina or Georgia, but you never know!
Where ever it is, it will be warmer than Wisconsin!
I was wondering if any of you have done and 5k walks for charity. I am planning on signing up for one that is being held here in early October. It is for Alzhemier's disease. My great-Aunt died of it and I remember her so well, it is such a terriably painful thing to go through, and I am sorry to see that it has effected lives on here as well.
Today I took my dog for a long walk and I think he looked more tired at the end of it than I did! 3.5 miles, but it was hotter than I expected - in the 80s. It was a good think that I brought water for us both.

September mile total: 5.5

KAR73
09-04-2004, 09:31 PM
KJ,
I have done the Alzhemier's walk in my hometown for a few years with my sister before I moved. It is a nice walk. Plus I have done the MS walk and the Relay for Life. So it makes you feel good that you are walking for a good cause. Good luck on your walk in Oct.
Sounds like you had a nice walk this afternoon. It was hot here in Ohio too today. I didn't think it was suppose to be as hot as it was. It was 85 today. So I stayed inside most of the day. I did walk to the post office to drop bills off in the mail. Then this evening I went for a bike ride after it had cooled off a little bit.
Hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend and staying OP.
Later,
Kerry

cathyxxx
09-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Hey there gang! :wave:

I walked 2 miles outside this morning before getting cleaned up for church.

September Miles = 4

later gaters,
cathy

synn1977
09-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Well, this is a lively and loving thread....I hope there is room for one more??
I have vowed to start walking to get myself in shape. As it is a bit easier on the defunct joints I already have. Once I am feeling a bit better, then I will add weight training, and who knows maybe a Curves or Bally's membership is on the horizon. Or maybe one of the new gyms around my house that is within walking distance, so that I can get my exercise in????
Anyway....I thought I would list my September Goals for you lovely ladies just to jump right in there.... ;)
Distance to be walked: 300,000 steps
(got to invest in a pedometer)
Weight Loss: 25 lbs.
Energy Level: Raise by at least 75%
(I tend to be a bit sluggish now)

debzdogz
09-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Hello everyone!

i tried posting here yesterday but either msn or my computer was not in the mood to let it happen...so i am trying again!

i am a jersey girl-need to lose a good amount of weight-at most about 90 lbs-i love to walk, but i need to be motivated-and this board looked like the place to get that push when i need it!

i have dogs that i train in obedience-quite an active hobby-you'd think i'd be a toothpick after 25 years of it!...but i tend to oversnack...so i am working on eating better too!

i can't wait to get to know all of you!

deb

KAR73
09-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Welcome Deb and Synn!! We will help motivate you to reach your goals. I just joined this thread a few days ago and the ladies are wonderful!! :)
Cathy you are just getting back into the thick of things head first. That is great that you got a 2 mile walk yesterday before church. Keep it up!
Hope everyone else was able to find the time yesterday to take a stroll outside.
I did 3 mile walking video before getting ready for church yesterday morning. Then I walked to and from church, since it is just around the corner from my house. Yesterday afternoon, my family went to the local ball fields and we played a game of baseball. Then last night we all went for a walk. So I got my excerise in yesterday. I plan on doing a 2 mile walking video here in a little bit. So I best go get ready to do that . Talk to you all later.
Have a great Labor Day!
Kerry
September miles walked so far:21

cathyxxx
09-06-2004, 12:30 PM
WOW everybody is doing great!

I did another 2 miles this morning.

September Miles = 6

hugs,
cathy

lessofsarahtolove
09-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Helo, ladies! :wave: I'm in too! I am awaiting my WATP tapes (WATP 1-3 Miles, 4 Mile Challenge, and Power Walk/Power Firm) sometime this week. In the meantime, I'm doing some HIIT (high intensity interval training) biking and weights. I'm going to need to start out slowly and build my walking endurance, but my goal is to achieve the following during the month of September:

Walked Miles: 35
Biked Miles: 42
Weights Workouts: 7

I'm not worried about the biked miles or the number of weight training sessions -- I just hope that I haven't been too aggressive with the walking miles, since I'm just starting out and don't know exactly when the tapes will arrive this week. But I have it all mapped out on a calendar, and I think this goal is achievable for my first (incomplete) month. I'm very happy to have found this nice group! I plan to check in periodically with my progress. I'm so excited about this!!! And I look forward to sharing the miles with you nice folks also. :goodvibes

shoequeen69
09-07-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm so glad to see other newbies here like me! :D Hi everyone! Brunette Chick, I'm doing a walk for Alz. this coming weekend. Its 3.8 miles. I did it last year at another site that was 2.6 miles. My grandmother and great-grandmother both had it. Its a great feeling to walk for a good cause. I highly recommend it. I hope I'm going to be able to make it this weekend. I had a massage Friday to try to work out the pain in my back and left leg. Its better but still very stiff. I can feel the pull in my back when I lift my lower leg. But its 10 times better than it was last week. I'm going to try to do a short walk tonight. I've been thinking about my goal. Since I've been injured it will probably be less than I really would like to be doing but here goes:

1 mile, 3 days a week = 12 miles the month of September.

I might revise it if my hip really gets better and I get used to walking again. I'm also trying to lose weight so I'm with you gals on that front too. I'd really like to lose AT LEAST 40 but 50-60 would be ideal. Take care ladies. I'm so glad I found you all!!!! :D

SunnyD57
09-07-2004, 11:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/AutumnSet4.gif

Good Fall-ish Morning Gals :wave: (our trees are changin' already!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/wow.gif do I have some catching up to do :o How awesome it is to see so many gals join in on the thread! And you ~ALL~ are doing such a great job in your exercise - it sure gave me incentive to get out this morning! :yes: ! I went to Curves (35 min) and walked 1 mile and did 30 min. of stretching... it sure did feel good after being so ill for two weeks to get back into my exercise --- I really missed it! And I am feeling really well again - what a nice feeling.

Joe & I didn't go anywhere on Saturday as we hoped to - we had allot to do here at home, but we went to church on Sunday early and then went to Kelly's Island near Sandusky, Oh. for the day with Joe's family... what a beautiful day!!!! The weather was warm with a cool breeze, sunny with a few white clouds - just a wonderful day! We got home ready for a shower and bed at 11pm. Then on Labor Day we went to the fair in Burton. Oh... another beautiful day! We got there at 11am and left at 5pm and that's where I walked and walked - my pedometer read 4.5miles :) I was a happy camper... and we had a wonderful weekend!

How about you gals? How were your weekends?

*~*~*

Cathy ~ Your grandparents were married 68 years! How awesome is that!!!!! That is so wonderful to hear... they were truly blessed as a couple! I only hope for those years with my Joe. Yes, they are running on streets of gold :^: without a doubt.

I am sooooo happy for you in getting your VCR/DVD player fixed :cp: It looks like you are back on track again and then some :D I am sooo glad to hear that you will never leave :) 15 years of walking --- you go girl! {{{Hugs back a @ ya}}}

Did you have a nice Labor Day weekend?

Kerry ~ Good for you getting in your walk and your Curves. I have a new DVD of Walk-Away-the pounds but haven't used it yet... waiting for when the weather gets too crummy to go out to use it. It sure does sound like a good workout.

Yes, I know... the Curves thread just seemed to die off for the moment, I think it is because so many are doing other workouts like you and I along with Curves. Doing Curves alone is just not enough... you know what I mean ;) But it's there if anyone needs any information ;) It is just to much for me to keep up along with this thread and two others I like to post in. I have allowed myself a limited amount of time on the computer - otherwise - I am on it for way tooo long for my health. Oh and Kerry, I am known for not being on the threads over the weekends, because I spent that time with my hubby when he's home --- I just wanted to let you in on why I didn't show up this weekend ;) If Joe is gone for a couple hours or busy in the yard I will sneak on, but otherwise I don't see him that much during the week, so the weekends are when we catch up with one another to stay close.

Thanks so much for the well-wishes :goodvibes I am feeling soooooo much better now.

:wave: *Welcome* Clarrie!! ~ You have some very reachable goals! So are you looking forward to beginning tomorrow??

:wave: *Welcome* KJ!! ~ What a Beautiful Couple you make!!!! I just loved your picture in your profile!! I will keep your hubby in my prayers for a safe return in January... what an awesome new year that will be for you and your son to have him home again :^: You will lose that 20 #'s --- you can do it! Such a good reason and great goal.

:wave: *Welcome* Synn!! ~ There is always plenty of room! :yes: ! Walking is the best to start off with and there's no stress here! We just try to meet *our own* set goals only in competition with ourselves, but coming here for continued encouragement to meet our set goals each day. It really does make a difference for me to come here and being held accountable for what I say I will do. I wish you well on the beginnings of your new life ;) Come back soon and let us know how you are doing, okay.

:wave: *Welcome* Deb!! ~ I see you work for a vet office, cool! I always wanted to become a vet - just love animals - do you enjoy your job? Dog shows are very stressful and there's allot of waiting so I could see how it would be hard not to snack. Maybe if you bring more fruit as a snack it would help you there. I have a friend that shows dogs and she has told me of the time you wait, she too is having a difficult time keeping her weight off, but has lost allot this last 7 months using fresh fruit and veggies for snack instead. It takes time for her to prepare it, but she said it's worth it now that she has such good results. I wish you well too --- you can do it!

:wave: *Welcome* Sarah!! ~ I think your have very reasonable goals... all you can do is try it and see. If you need to change them for the next month then do so. Like I said... ... this is not a challenge thread ;) - it's just an encouraging one :goodvibes Just you getting up and doing something is a great start!!! You are well on your way... please DO come back and keep us up on your progress :D We all would love to know how you are doing.

Hi Amy ~ I bet you are getting so excited about the walk this coming weekend. I have never walked for a cause, it really sounds very rewarding. My grandmother had bread cancer - maybe I should look into a walk for that cause to walk in? You have given me food for thought :^: that for sure...

*~*~*

Well, it's been allot of fun meeting all you new gals and visiting with the regulars, but I really must be going... I have two other threads to catch up with today :dizzy: and I have tons of things to do at home after being gone the weekend...

*Keep Positive* gals and know that others Do Care!!!
*God Bless*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
09-07-2004, 11:35 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifSePtEmBeR MiLeS: 7.75

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifSePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time

macdeez
09-07-2004, 11:59 AM
Omigoodness, it's great to have so many newcomers join in! Welcome to you all! I wish you the very best in your weight-loss journey, and I look forward to hearing more from you girls. :D

It sounds like everyone had a productive weekend... good goin' ladies! :) Keep up the excellent work!

I had an awesome weekend... I don't remember the last time I had that much fun! We left here Friday a.m. (5:00 -- ack!) and got into Vancouver shortly after noon. Our first stop of the day was Stanley Park where we took DD on the miniature train. She LOVED it. From there we poked around some of the trendy touristy areas. Saturday I totally pampered myself with a make-over... it felt great to indulge like that. In the evening we got all dressed up and met our friends out for dinner and then hit a nearby jazz club for martinis. Sunday we took in the PNE and Meleigha had a great time on the rides! She especially enjoyed the Super Dogs show (agility races and so forth). Spent 12hrs there... and enjoyed it all!

I didn't eat thaaaaaaaat bad this weekend... and I did A LOT of walking so I'm ok with the fact that I didn't always choose the healthiest items on the menu.

Today, we have a million things to do... unpack, get groceries, clean the house... and I plan to get my 4mi in tonight after supper. Must get back into routine as quickly as possible!

I'll post pics as soon as I get them back from developing. :) I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Take care of yourselves!

~mel

SunnyD57
09-07-2004, 01:28 PM
Welcome Home. Mel :flow1:
You sound as if you had the bestest birthday weekend :)
I just couldn'e be happier for you... I am so looking forward to seeing your pictures! :D

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lessofsarahtolove
09-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Hello, hello :wave: and thanks for the warm welcome, ladies! :D

I did my first mile!! Woo hoo! I received my WATP DVD's this afternoon, and -- while channeling the gruesome Countess Crampula, gotta get points for that -- I did my first mile. I think Leslie and I are going to get along just fine, thank you very much. It won't be long at all before I'm up to the 2 miles. (Good thing, since I have more Leslie DVD's on the way! :lol: ) She was as chatty as I'd heard, but it was ok. I think that over time I'm going to have fun creating personalities for her cheery cohorts..... :s:

Anyway, I feel great, even with the cramps, and I'm knocking out another mile tomorrow morning at 6:00 a.m. before I get ready for work. In the words of my good friend Dan Ackroyd, "I'm on a mission from Gaaahd." ;)

clarrie
09-08-2004, 05:10 AM
OK, it's Wednesday, my baby boy started Big School today (how did that happen? :no: where did my baby go? :no: how can he be going to school already?) I didn't walk this morning (had to get home to wait in for plumber) but I'll be setting off 20 mins early this afternoon, to get some walking in before I pick him up.

Oh, and, I've won an ebay auction for a pedometer (with built in radio), can't wait for it to arrive!

Happy walking, everyone :D

lessofsarahtolove
09-08-2004, 09:46 AM
Congrat's on the pedometer, Clarrie -- and I send hugs to you on the growth of you little big boy. :)

I did another mile before work this morning......I'll do more tonight!

SunnyD57
09-08-2004, 10:02 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/AutumnSet3.gif

Good Morning Everyone!!
Got in my 1 mile today too and am hoping to get in another mile this afternoon :)

*~*~*

Hi Clarrie ~ So glad to hear that you are well on your way to beginning a new life. Your little boy has begun his new life going to big school today and you will being yours ;) A little note to remember that when you workout in the morning you are more likely to keep up your workouts on a regular basis. I am thinking of you and wishing you the very best!! I never heard of a radio in a pedometer? Cool :cool: beans!

Hi Sarah ~ Yeahhhhh ~I am so happy for you in receiving your Leslie tapes :cp: & getting in your first mile even though you didn't feel well :flow2: !!

Good for you getting in that mile already this morning (thumbs-up girl!)

*~*~*

*Have a positively great day Gals!!!!*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

clarrie
09-08-2004, 11:09 AM
I'm gonna be getting more walking than I bargained for over the next few days :lol: the pedal fell off my bike this morning :( I was planning to go the fruit shop on it (5 min ride) and had to walk instead (15 mins each way) AND I'm going to have to walk to the pool for aquarobics tonight, AND to the sports centre for belly dancing tomorrow, because I think my poor bike needs a trip to the bike shop and I don't have time to take it till Saturday. But at least my walking challenge gets a good kick start :dizzy: I only wish I had my pedometer already, to count all these extra steps I'll be taking till the bike's back on the road (it's a pedometer/radio like this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000279OOE/qid=1094656244/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-1968154-4153234) )

cathyxxx
09-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Good Morning Gang! :wave:

I got up at 5 and did a 30 minute 2 mile Express WATP w/3lb weights, and 50 situps and 15 double leg lifts.

September Miles = 8

hugs,
cathy

macdeez
09-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Well DH and I started out on our 4mi trek lastnight and only got about 10mins in before I nearly fell over from an IBS flare-up. It's been hitting me hardcore lately... and after so long without any major sign of it too. Grrrrr. So on payday I'm off to purchase that book of yours, Sunny. <--- We waaaaaay overspent on our trip to Vancouver, but it was sooooooo! worth every penny!

I'll be getting my strength-training in this aft. once DD goes down for her nap and will do my 4mi tonight... even if it kills me! <--- Yes, I am that dedicated! ;) I'm also going to look into aquasize... and will hopefully start up in a few weeks.

I really can't believe that summer is over already. Geez. It just flew right by, didn't it? Ah well... we're heading into my most favorite season now, so it's all good. As long as the winter isn't too bitter, I'll be happy.

Glad to hear that all of you are keeping well... and staying OP!

------------

Sunny... Thanks for the big welcome home! It feels good to be back into routine. Congrats on your miles today! I'm glad you're feeling much better these days... no one deserves to be in that much pain... esp. yourself! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the flare-ups stay at bay! :)

Cathy... You sure start the day off on the right foot, don't you? Good for you! Keep up the great work, girl... then again, you always do! ;) *Big pat on the back* :)

Clarrie... It's amazing how quickly children grow up, isn't it? DH and I were talking the other day about how DD will be starting pre-school this time next year. It really seems like just yesterday that I could cradle her in my arms. *Sigh* Best of luck to your little guy in school! :) Congrats on the ebay winning... let us know how it works for you! Too bad about your bike though... but way to keep positive!

Sarah... Big ol' pat on the back to you too for getting your first mile in! That's great progress in itself! :) Esp. since you pushed on even with the cramping! That's awesome! Good goin' girl! :)

Anyways girls, I best be off... still have a tonne of stuff to get done around here. But I hope you all have a happy and healthy day today! Take care of yourselves! Type you soon....

~mel

SunnyD57
09-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Hi Mel ~ The book will pay off for you it really will :yes: And before you decide to take a medication maybe think about checking out the information from this site (below) and wait to read the book. It will take time for your gut to calm down, but it will be so worth it Here is part of it with a link below it to the site, okay.

Copied from Site:
Common Pitfalls ~ The Seven Sneaky Deadly Sins of the IBS Diet

"I'm following the Eating for IBS diet, but I still have problems. What am I doing wrong?"

I hear from many people who have made a great effort to modify their diet for IBS, but who still have abdominal symptoms they feel certain are associated with their eating habits. They're often very frustrated because they believe that there aren't any steps left for them to take. The good news here is that it's much more likely than not that there are still dietary triggers involved, they're simply being overlooked.

I've found that there are seven specific pitfalls that ensnare many people as they adjust their diet - let's call them the Seven Sneaky Deadly Sins of the IBS Diet:

1. Coffee (yes, decaf counts)
2. Yogurt (it's the safest dairy product for IBS...isn't it?)
3. Alcohol (just one glass of wine is okay, right?)
4. Vitamin supplements (they're good for you, aren't they?)
5. No insoluble fiber foods (they're triggers, so you just don't eat them, right?)
6. Too low a dosage of soluble fiber supplements
7. Not drinking enough water (doesn't soda pop count?)

Here is the LINK to the SITE to read further information if you'd like--->
http://www.helpforibs.com/news/news...html#askheather

Feel Better soon!!!! :grouphug:

Cathy ~ Good to see you... as usual, you are doing great!

Clarrie ~ Cool looking petometer! Bummer about your bike, but I hope that the rest of your day went as planned ;)

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

synn1977
09-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Well, without a pedometer I cannot tell how many steps I have been walking, but...alas I did win one on eBay just like Clarrie...hehehh, mine doesn't have a radio tuner in it, but that suits me just fine because I can use it at work....oh yeah it will be on all day every day once it arrives.

My energy level has increased a bit this week with my first weigh in...I have lost 7 1/2 lbs my first week with limited exercise.
So I would have to say I have about a 25% increase thus far.
and I am 17.5 lbs away from my September loss goal....so I will keep striving to make it happen!!!

I will be checking in again soon....can't wait to see how everyone is doing.

SunnyD57
09-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Mel ~ I was just making dinner thinking about you being in such pain and thought ---> Peppermint Tea! Go out and buy some Decaf. Peppermint Tea by Celestial Seasonings and have a good cup or two of it strong - it WILL calm your intestines down pretty fast. Or you can get some Peppermint Life-savors candies and down a couple of those... let me know how you are feeling girl, okay ;)

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
09-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Synn ~ :cp: Congrats on losing 7 1/2 lbs already! Awesome! :cp:
Keep on striving ;)

Time to get back to making dinner --- the hubby will be home soon :D

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

macdeez
09-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Sunny... Thanks a million! I'll be sure to try the peppermint tea... and I'll let you know how it goes. Looking on the above list, I hadn't thought about yogurt... which I eat fairly often (two or three times a week lately). I'll cut it out and see if that helps. I don't drink coffee (bleh!)... don't drink alcohol very often (my birthday was the first time in months). I do know that my water intake is pretty low though so that could definitely trigger the recent flare-ups as well. Thanks for the info... and I'll definitely check out the link you posted!

Synn... Congrats on the loss! Keep up the excellent work! :D I do wonder though if another 17.5lbs is a little too much to expect to lose in one month. A healthy loss is 1-2lbs per week and that's the most important part... to lose the weight in a healthy manner. :) In no means am I trying to discourage you, your success thus far has been amazing, just remember that slow and steady wins the race! :) Take care of yourself and keep on truckin'! :)

Anyways girls, it's nearly time for DD's nap, so I'm off to do my strength-training! Take care and type you all later!

~mel

lessofsarahtolove
09-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Hello, ladies! :) I'll post an update after tonight's walk, but I did want to just chime in with a smile and a quick comment about rate of loss.

It is generally accepted (within the medical community as well) that folks at a higher weight have quite a bit more leeway with regard to "safe loss" than 1-2 pounds/week. Definitely slow and steady will be the way to go eventually, but at the higher weights, the weight just naturally comes off in larger sheets and that's not only ok, but advised, as not only does it represent the lesser of health risks, but it is also more naturally occurring than at lower rates. :) That said, it's of course very important that the means of achieving that loss is sustainable and based in healthy behaviors which will continue through the loss and for the rest of one's life. How you lose it should be how you're going to keep it off.....how you're going to live for the rest of your life.

SunnyD57
09-08-2004, 06:50 PM
I got in 2.25 miles for the day today and 30 min. of stretching :)

Boy-:o-boy are we ever getting dumped on by the *left-overs* of the hurricane :rain:

Good Night Gals http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/schlafen/sleepymouse.gif
Sweet Dreams ;)
<><

*~*~*

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifSePtEmBeR MiLeS: 10

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifSePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

rosewaning
09-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Is it too late to join? ;)

I've lost 30 lbs this year just by changing my diet, and I'd like to start incorporating walking into my lifestyle. My goal is 2 miles per workout, at least 4 days a week. I started this morning (2 mi)

Total Miles for September: 2

lessofsarahtolove
09-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey everybody -- and welcome to both 3FC and this group, Rosewaning! I'm a newbie to this thread too, so we'll get to know these walking vets together!

Ok, here's my update: walked another quick mile tonight, so that's a total of 2 for the day (I'm not including regular walking, only power walking with Leslie) and 3 since I started yesterday.

More tomorrow!

KAR73
09-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Hello Ladies,
Have been very busy with teaching my special needs students at school, started the afterschool program yesterday and had a TOPS meeting last night. So I am just now checking in with everyone. I lost 1/2 pound last week. I am very excited that I am on the losing end of the battle again. :)
I did get a 2 mile WATP's tape in yesterday morning and this morning. Plus this evening, I was able to brave the rain and go to Curves to workout.
Sounds like everyone is doing a great job meeting their walking goals so far this week. Keep up the good work gals!
Well I am off to bed to get some shut eye. 6 a.m. comes early. But since I started school 2 1/2 weeks ago, I have been getting up and doing my walking videos to give me more energy.
Have a great Thursday!
Kerry

debzdogz
09-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi Ladies!

Boy...i have already been too sidetracked to get a walk in. Yesterday i came home from work with enough time to eat dinner then it was off to a dog training club board meeting. Didn't get home til 10 so i bagged the walk plan that night!

Today...pure LAZINESS...home from work, played with the littlest niece, made dinner, fed the birds (i have 20), watched tv (that could be the culprit!), let the dogs out...and here i am before i get showered and to bed.

i am not much of a morning person, but i am thinking if i "ease" into getting up a smidge earlier everyday...maybe i could eventually have enough time to walk a little then.

i see many of you do a walking video w/Leslie Sansone...i never tried that and it sure sounds interesting!

Thanks for the nice welcomes , by the way! i am in awe at the energy and dedication you all seem to have. i hope it rubs off on me!

Sunny: i like my job most of the time...but let me tell you pet owners can be the rudest nastiest people on earth. As a receptionist i am constantly getting grief from them because of the bill, the wait, not having a time they want, it just goes on and on. Then they see the doctor and they are sweet as pie...no wonder i have high blood pressure, huh?

Well..off to bed. Tomorrow's weather may be better (we got deluged with rain from the end of that hurricane) so i shall get myself out to walk!

Talk to you all very soon!!!!!!!!!!

deb

lessofsarahtolove
09-09-2004, 09:12 AM
:coffee: Got my mile in this morning! I intend to do two tonight. This morning was a struggle, because I felt dizzy and nauseous from TOM -- but I stuck it out and I'm feeling mighty pleased with myself now!

Deb, I'm sorry to hear that people are rude to you...and I'm also a little surprised! I don't doubt what you say for a minute, I'm just thinking of my partner and I; we have 8 pets (almost all rescues) and when we go to the vet's office, we just completely bond with everyone around us -- most of all the folks who work there. We just assume that they love animals as much as we do, so we connect on that level. As for the prices, well they suck and make us sad :( -- but that's obviously not under the control of the receptionist or technician!! And noone forced us to collect 8 furkids, so we certainly have noone else to blame. I'd say the most we do is sigh sadly, and maybe say, "Wow" or "Yikes." But we're never rude or nasty. And we're so grateful and happy when the folks there are kind or complimentary to our animals -- they're our kids, you know?? Anyway , I just think of people who love their animals as somehow nicer on some level.....but then I don't have to deal with them all day.....

Hey, speaking of my partner, I think I might have convinced her to do a mile with me tonight!! Woo hoo! It will be her first, and it's kind of a big deal, so keep your fingers crossed.... :crossed:

Abirdee
09-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Good Morning,

I've been soooooo busy I haven't had time to read any comments, but I will ASAP. I just wanted to check in and let you know that I have lost 2 more pounds so that brings my total to 18. Gotta go, talk with you all later. Have a blessed day!

SW 290 June 21, 2004
CW 272 September 9, 2004
GW 185 June 21, 2005

;) :dizzy: :lol:

shoequeen69
09-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Mornin' ladies. :coffee: Well I think I got in about 1 mile last night. I didn't have anything to track it with but I'm pretty sure it was 1 mile. My back is still tight but so far no problems. Whew! I don't want to push it. I probably won't have time to get in another walk before the charity walk on Saturday a.m. Hope you're all doing well today. I'll cross my fingers for you Sarah :crossed: that your partner will walk with you tonight. Nothing like having someone supporting you in your efforts. And its a lot more fun to have someone to walk with. My friend from work walked with me last night with her sweet doggie. It was so much more fun than trodding along by myself. Have a good day everyone :wave:

SunnyD57
09-09-2004, 10:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/AutumnSet6.gif

Good Morning Gals!

Mel ~ You are so welcome!! How are you feeling today? I sure do hope that the peppermint Tea helped your tummy :^: *Thinking of you* :goodvibes

*Welcome* Rose! ~ It's never too late to join - ever :D :bravo: on losing 30 lbs already!! That's awesome!! Don't be surprised if you add on a pound or two as you begin exercise, okay --- it will come off again (don't worry), but in the beginning you get some muscle swelling and some water retention from the swelling. It will help if you drink plenty of water and get the rest you need. I think it's wonderful that you are going to begin walking!! :cp: Yeahhhh for getting in 2 miles already :)

Sarah ~ :cp: Good job on your miles yesterday!!!! Keep up the great work... that would be cool if your partner also jumped on the walking jag, it's always better when you have someone to exercise with.

Kerry ~ :flow2: Yeahhhhhhh another 1/2 lb gone forever! You are doing so well Kerry. What are you following for a diet (if you don't mind the question)? You went out into that storm we had last night and went to Curves --- good for y :o u!!! You did better then me ;) I stayed home all warm, dry and cozy last night folding laundry watching :o the storm. Good for you getting out :flow1: I will be going to Curves tomorrow morning instead of this morning like I usually do... have too much paperwork to get done after I finish here :p

Hope that all is going well for you in your first week of teaching ;)

:wave: Abirdee!!!!!!!! ~ Hey there girl! So good to see you!!!! :flow2: How are you feeling these days? I bet awesome with another 2 lbs gone & 18 all together :bravo: girly!!!!! You are doing it!!!! :cp:

Amy ~ I forgot to mention it last time, but I just love your avatar ;) How cute & it seems to really suit you! Good for you getting in your 1 mile and I am sending best wishes to you for your walk this coming Saturday! I am proud of you :^:

to be continued...

SunnyD57
09-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Hi Deb ~ That is so sad that you are treated that way by the customers there... I don't think it's that way at our vet office --- I hope it's not :( I always treat everyone well behind the desk and if I have questions about the cost I always ask my vet in person. He has always been so good about that, if he can... he helps, if not, then I just pay... no biggie. I even have one credit card that is just for my vet bill's ;) I clear it and then save it just for that - not using it for anything else. It really helps me keep track and to be able to pay w/o a haste. I have 3 Boys (shhh... they don't know they are cats :lol: ) myself and 4 fish. I'd have more animals if I could :D

Here are some pics of my boys & fish below :)

My *Domino* taken last Spring - he is now 8 years old (8 lbs)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Home%20Pictures/Domino.jpg

My two siblings 2yrs old---> *Zeppe*(left) (the grayer one - 14 lbs) & *Guido*(right) (with a darker pattern to his coat - 15 lbs)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Home%20Pictures/Boys.jpg

My fish on top my office desk---> one platty *Mickey* one fantail gold fish *Smudge* & two female beta's *Zoe* & *Sadie* I know you can't really see them, but you get the jest...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Home%20Pictures/Fish.jpg

Hope you don't mind me sharing the pics everyone!!!
*Have a great OP day!!!!*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lessofsarahtolove
09-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Your boys are BEAUTIFUL, Sunny!! Verrrrrry handsome, indeed. We have 7 kitties and 1 Italian Greyhound (who thinks he's a cat) and we keep trying to figure out a way to get them all in one picture! :dizzy: With 7 cats, we thank God we have 2 of those high-tech litter boxes that flush the waste down the toilet and reclean themselves! Now if we could just get Louie (the iggy pup) to use it we'd be set!

Thanks for the kind wishes for Lorraine -- I started to live on plan March 1st of this year, and since then I've lost 61 pounds. She's lost maybe 15-20 as a result of my having overhauled our eating habits within the house, but she hasn't yet joined me on the exercise front. Baby steps, you know?

SunnyD57
09-09-2004, 01:53 PM
*Step Tip ~ Mom's Taxi or the Carpool
If you take your kids to sports or activities, dedicate 10-20 minutes of that time to walking around after dropping them off or when you arrive early to pick them up. If you carpool, arrive early and walk while waiting for your partners.

Being Prepared to Walk
I keep some essentials in my car or office in case I get the opportunity to walk. These include a pair of shoes, socks, hat, windbreaker, and a fanny pack or small backpack with a water bottle. With those I'm ready to walk most anytime.

*Borrowed from Sprout on the Christian Encouragers Thread
Good tip... :)
<><

SunnyD57
09-09-2004, 01:59 PM
:thanks: Sarah ~ Glad you enjoyed the pics ;)

Boy, it sounds like you have a house full of critters too. Just gotta love their unconditional love, dontcha ;) As I said before, I would loe to have more but our place isn't that big and hubby says we have enough. He's right, but I so want to take home kitties when I see them. I did when I was a little girl too :lol: I hope that one day you will be able to get a group photo -- would love to see :^:

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
09-09-2004, 02:03 PM
:bravo: Sarah ! with the loss of 61 lbs!!!!!
Awesome! What plan are you doing?

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lessofsarahtolove
09-09-2004, 02:46 PM
I'm not following any commercial plan. I just took what I thought were the best practices and recommendations from a number of different plans and combined them to formulate my own. I count calories, limit my fat (esp. saturated fat,) sugar, and sodium, and I stick almost exclusively to low glycemic carb's. I aim for -- but, alas, don't always achieve -- a 40% protein / 35% carb / 25% fat macro breakdown. I eat 5 small meals a day, and almost never eat carbs without an accompanying protein. I really aim for at least 40 grams of fiber/day, and eat very little processed food. I cut out all alcohol and just about all sweets, and drink 120-160 oz. water per day. I have been doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) on my exercise bike, and a while ago I was doing well with weight training, using free weights and my CrossBow, but let that fall off, unfortunately. I'm picking up the weight training again this week. I have a treadmill, but haven't used it regularly. I've got a whole exercise regime worked out now, and am doing well so far in implementing it....but will probably need support to stay on track -- hence my presence here! Thanks in advance, by the way! ;)

What about you?

lessofsarahtolove
09-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Another mile, so that's 2 for today and 5 since Tuesday.

gabwill
09-09-2004, 10:18 PM
I know some of the month is gone but I wouldn't mind joining too. I would like my goal to be walking 40 miles/ running 15 miles/ doing taebo 3x a week for about 30 minutes. Hopefully that would allow me to lose the weight that I want to. So far I have walked 8 miles and did my taebo today. That is good so far but I just need to keep with it since that is the only way that it will work.

HW-180 SW-155 CW-155 GW-130

My short term goal is 140 and I want to meet it by Halloween

debzdogz
09-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Another wierd weather day...lots of rain, then no rain, then lots of rain, then no rain. But the rain is not what kept me inside doing nothing after dinner...found out my brother got fired today...so he was upset...so i was kinda bummed tonight. So think good thoughts that he finds another job quickly...he has a house and family to support.

Sunny and Sarah: i have no doubt you guys have great respect for the employees at your vet. i am convinced these jerky folk only live in the proximity of where i work- :lol: In all honesty we do have some great clients who know we have nothing to do with prices, etc. And yes we are kind of high in some services. But i just get so pissed when they scream at us at the desk...we tell them talk to the vets...and they are gushing and gooey all over them, after being so nasty to us. When this was brought up at a staff meeting the boss pretty much said that it's our job...and too bad. i have discussed this with my regular physician when they caught the high BP---he sees where it may be coming from (ok---and the weight is not helping :)

But hey---i've been at this job for 16 years...so i must be doing something right!!!!!

Tomorrow night i have a wake to go to...how do you guys DO it???? i have been either too busy or too lazy this week to do a thing!

And Sunny----the furballz and fisheez are ADORABLE! :D

deb

clarrie
09-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Hi everyone, I'm sticking to my challenge to myself so far :) my son's been at school for 3 days, and I've walked for over 30 mins the past 2 days. This morning after I dropped him off I walked for 20 mins and did exactly a mile (I finally figured out how to work the pedometer lol). Happy walking all :cool:

lessofsarahtolove
09-10-2004, 08:44 AM
Great job, Clarrie!! I'm really happy to hear it! I woke up late this morning, so I didn't get in my early morning walk, but I'll make up for it after work this evening.

SunnyD57
09-10-2004, 11:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/AUTUMN08.gif

Good Friday Morning Gals!
I didn't get in any walking yesterday, but have gotten in 1.25 miles this morning and hope to get another walk or two in before days end :)

*~*~*

Sarah ~ That plan of yours sounds great! In fact you are very similar to what I am doing... it takes allot longer for me to lose the weight, but it's not going on either. I either maintain the wt. for a few weeks and then may see a pound or two fall off. But I don't gain... I was doing the SBD but I cannot have allot of foods I thought I could for that plan, so I am now just doing a very Low Fat program without the foods I cannot have... you can see that list on PAGE 1 of this thread in one of my posts (rather then repeat it all ;) ) All the portions of foods I eat are very small 5 - 6 times a day, so I don't stress the intestines (I have Diverticulitis & IBS with a Spastic Colon). Long story... but I have very scared insides and must be very careful if I don't want to end up in the hospital... again.

You will pick back up on that workout schedule... sometimes thinking about doing it too much prevents you from doing it (it is like that for me anyway ;) ) So what I do is just *do it* whenever I have a chance to. I would love to have one of those Bow-flex machines, but I haven't the space here. I already have an elliptical & a T-Mill and barely have the space for them in here. I use my T-Mill allot and will be using it even more as the temps get cooler here. I wish you well in getting back into a routine of exercise. It sounds like you are doing very well with your food program ;)

*Welcome* Gab! ~ From you graph at the bottom you have also done very well for yourself! Awesome job! :cp: I am struggling to see the 180's... it is taking me forever (seems like it anyway); then again I have had a number of health problems get in my way. I just keep fighting the battle hoping to win the war ;) I just bought a new Tae-Bo DVD... haven't looked at it yet. I like variety in my exercise and look forward to my Walking DVD's & my Tae-Bo DVD this winter to fight those winter lbs. and blues.

I bet you meet that 140 goal this Halloween. *Luck to you!* ;)

Deb ~ How are you doing today? :thanks: I think my guys are very handsome too :D I am sure that you are very good at your job, but with some people there's just no pleasing them :nono: Keep up the great job and just enjoy those people that are kind to you ~ leaving the ones who are rude to you with themselves ;) Their problems are not yours - you have enough on your plate - right :^:

And exercise relieves allot of those frustrations too --- Just *do it* any chance you can get --- that's what I do anyway. Yesterday it was impossible for me but I was on that T-Mill this morning! If I don't exercise with my gut the way it is I so pay the price... I feel so much better after I do something vs/ nothing. I just hate that blah feeling when I don't. I guess I like feeling good too much :)

Deb, I hope you find the incentive to walk today even if it's just 1/2 mile to a mile... anything would be good for you. I believe it's Suzanne (one of the sisters that own this site) that states at the bottom of her post "30 min of exercise to maintain and 60 min to lose." All you can do is try ;) *Luck to you too*

Clarrie ~ :cp: :bravo: :cp:
Keep it up ;) You are doing great!!!

*~*~*

:wave: Hello's to all those MIA's ;) I miss seeing you! KRISTI * LYNNE * SHEILA * MICHELLE RAE * MEL * CATHY * BRENDA * WENDY * JANINE * KERRY & anyone else I may have accidently forgotten :o Come back soon... pleazzzzzzzzzzzz :D (Yes, I am beggin ya...)

Luvs,
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

macdeez
09-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Good mornin' girls! I hope you are all off to a wonderful start this a.m.! I'll be getting my strength-training in this morning... although I keep saying that with no effort to actually do it! My trip to Vancouver has left me struggling to get back OP! :(

Finally found a few mins. to write out all the TY cards from the wedding... geez, I'm only a couple months late with that. Blargh. Delivered the ones in town lastnight and will mail out the rest this weekend. Thank goodness they're finally done! Was beginning to feel so terribly guilty over having not done them.

Everything else is ok... no major flare-ups with the IBS, so that's good. Takin' 'er easy, I guess. Tonight we don't have anything planned so we're definitely heading out for our 4mi. Food will hopefully be better than it has been... planning on salad topped with roasted chicken for dinner! Mmm!

Anyways I must get my exercise in or I'll never do it...! But take care of yourselves! Type you all soon! Have a great day! :)

~mel

SunnyD57
09-10-2004, 03:49 PM
*~*~*

Awwewee Mel ~ Did you just get all bummed out when you had to come home from Vancouver :^: you had such a good time there, I know. You are doing so well, don't get down on yourself for taking a couple days rest... you will get back into exercise again, you'll see --- you felt so good when you were doing it faithfully.

As far as your TY's... did you know that you have up to 3 months after your Wedding to send them off? :yes: So no worries there, you made it in :D As long as you get them sent off this weekend you are so on track ;) Don't put so much on yourself, okay :goodvibes

So good to hear that you are feeling better today and no flare-ups, did you try the peppermint tea? Do you like it? Some don't like peppermint, but it is known to be very soothing for the intestines. I usually have two to three cups a day now.

Hope you got your exercise in...
Come back and let us know, okay ;)
{{{Hugs}}}

*~*~*

I got in my 2.5 miles today :D
Have a good weekend gals if I don't make it back till Monday. The hubby is due home early today, so I don't know when I will be back to post again before then... later gals :grouphug: treat yourselves well!
<><

*~*~*

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifSePtEmBeR MiLeS: 12.5

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lessofsarahtolove
09-10-2004, 09:10 PM
1 mile. I meant to do more, but TOM is kicking my caboose HARD! Dizziness, nausea, cramps, the whole nine yards! I'm counting on being back in normal working order tomorrow.....and I'll work extra hard to make up for not having done more. (I'd intended to do at least 2 miles tonight...)

synn1977
09-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Well Ladies~
Got in a lot of walking today (but still now pedometer) so I may have to push myself extra hard after I get it, because I will be darned to not meet a goal I set for myself...I have not failed yet, not going to start now!

But I am so happy to hear everyone is meeting their goals, and am definitely glad I joined you ladies....

Will post again soon.
Hope all is well! ;)

MichelleRae
09-11-2004, 03:25 AM
Hey ladies I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still alive!! I'm wicked busy with work again because they are restructuring the staff and suprise suprise flu season is here so we have one call in sick so I'm covering a couple hours of her shift in the morning. I am getting my exercise in and eating well. I hope you are all doing well!!

Love to all
michelle

SunnyD57
09-11-2004, 09:05 AM
A Day to Remember...

http://p.webshots.com/ProThumbs/63/47363_wallpaper280.jpg

Let us *PRAY*... reflect & in prayer remember
all those lost and families who still suffer that loss today.

*God Bless the U.S.A.*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
09-11-2004, 12:02 PM
:flow1: Amy :flow1:
I just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you today
as you walk for Alzheimers :)

Come back soon and let us all know how you did, okay :D
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lessofsarahtolove
09-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Sunny, thank you for sharing that acknowledgement. I'm thinking a lot about 9/11 and NYC today. That's my hometown, so the events of that day hurt on that level as well.

I did the 2-mile WATP for the first time this morning! Woo hoo! I plan to get in more later this afternoon. Have a great day, everybody!

lessofsarahtolove
09-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Woo! Just did 5 miles on my exercise bike -- did the 20 minute interval resistance workout, simulating big scary hills at maximum resistance. I feel great! So far that's 2 miles walked and 5 miles biked today -- if I have time later I'm going to do my upper body weights workout.

clarrie
09-11-2004, 01:41 PM
I've done quite a bit of walking since yesterday morning, but none at the recommended 'brisk pace'. My 4 yr old has insisted on accompanying me, so we amble along with frequent stops for slugs, beetles, spiders, interesting leaves, etc :lol: We walked 2.5 miles last night (I had to call at a friend's house, normally I'd've cycled but the bike's still off the road) and 1.5 miles today (to the park and to the swimming pool), and have had some interesting conversations along the way (incl the 'how does the baby get into the mummy's tummy?' one :o :dizzy: ).

macdeez
09-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Thanks, Sunny for the well wishes... you're so good at lifting my spirits! I did manage to get strength-training in yesterday a.m. but so far, nothing today. I'm just seriously lacking the drive again. Blargh. I have decided to start aqua-cardio twice a week for an hour... first class begins next Thursday so hopefully that'll help me get myself back OP! You're right, girl, I was feeling so good when I was being diligent... I just have to find my way back. :) Thanks for the endless amt. of encouragement, it really helps pull me through the really rough days!

I did try the peppermint tea... and while very strong, it seemed to help. You are such a wealth of information, thank you for that! :)

I hope you are keeping well... and that you and Joe are off to a great Autumn season! Wishing you all the very best, girl! :)

Anyway, I have to sign off for now... but a BIG HELLO to all the rest of you! Have a great weekend, ladies! See you on Monday! :)

~mel

PS/ Anybody seen Kristi... or Cathy... or Sheila... or Janine... or Brenda? Geez, where'd they all get to?! :?:

cathyxxx
09-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey Mel, I'm here I'm here. I think I was here Thursday? oh wait? maybe it was Wednesday? my life is crazy. I'm sure ya'll can relate. :dizzy:

Ok gang, I have been cleaning house for 6 hours today. and for some crazy reason I was sweating the whole time. Yes it is hot and humid here in Louisiana, but I had the ac way down. Sooooooooooo I know I walked at least 4 miles, my feet and my back are killing me, but I'm gonna count it as 2 in my logged miles.

And guess what, I'm gonna have to spend the day at the funeral home again tomorrow, after sunday school. (I am really getting tired of that place) ;)

My dh's 80 year old uncle passed away. He was in the same nursing home that my grandmother was in. Sooooooo doubt I will get to walk in the morning, but we will see.

Hope everybody has a good day!

hugs,
cathy

September Miles = 10

gabwill
09-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Well I think that I am doing pretty good for myself. I have done Taebo (30 minutes), circuit training (40 minutes) and walked 2 more miles. That brings me up to 10/40 miles walked and 1/15 miles ran. I think that I will make it by the end of the month if I keep this up.

gabwill
09-11-2004, 09:18 PM
well I did 5 more miles today so that brings my total up to 15 of the 40 needed this month. I am so excited that I am doing this well.

KAR73
09-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Evening Ladies,
I have been a very busy person this past few days. Between teaching my class at school and having a yard sale today, I am thankful for my walking videos. I have 32 miles so far this month. Plus I was able to get my 3 times in at Curves this week. I am starting to notice a change in the way my clothes are fitting. Which is a good thing!
I just found out today that my cousin's wife passed away last night from complications due to the gastric bypass surgery. So my family is a little upset right now. We were all going to get together next wedding for my other cousin's wedding. So far the wedding is still on, but it will also be a sad, but happy time for everyone. If that makes sense. So I know what you are going through Cathy.
I am so happy to see that everyone is doing such a great job at meeting their own challenges on this forum. Keep up the great work ladies! You are a wonderful motivatior for me to keep getting up early and walking every day. Because I know that I have to report in with you and I would feel sad if I let you down.
Well I am off to bed. I was up at 7 to do a 3 mile walking video this morning and then got ready for my yard sale. I only made $26 for sitting outside for 5 1/4 hours. I would have rather been walking with you Amy for such a good cause.
Talk to you all later.
Kerry

debzdogz
09-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Yay! Got to walk some yesterday...FINALLY!

Today's plan is walk/train my German Shepherd "Dana" and then there's a big private sale at Fashion Bug that i just have to go to...after all tomorrow is my birthday so i gotta buy myself a few "presents" lol !!!

i see some of you use a pedometer---i have the Special K cereals where i can get one for a few boxtops---so maybe i will do that.

i will also try and write down my goal/plan. Maybe if i see it in front of me i will move more!!!!

Have a great day ladies!

deb

gabwill
09-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Well, I surprised myself and didn't take the day off. I actually went walking with my daughter. I did 3 miles. Not as much as I could have done but it does put me closer to my goal for the month. I have 18 miles walked and 22 more to go. I am doing alot better then I thought that I would be at this point. :cheer: Hooray for me! :cp: :cb: :cp:

lessofsarahtolove
09-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Hey everybody -- I'll give a hooray for you, too, Gabwill! :cp:

I did the Power Walk 2-mile DVD today, and also did another 5 miles doing intensity intervals on my exercise bike.....AND I did upper body weights!!

I must say, I like the WATP routine better than the Power Walk routine -- the music is much better. But it's good to have variety.

I'm doing 2 miles tomorrow morning before work; I'd planned to do 1 in the morning and 2 when I got home, but the 2-mile walk only takes another 10 minutes, so what the heck? ;)

MichelleRae
09-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Hey girls!!

I want to comment on how well you are all doing!!! Keep up the good work!!

Hey sarah are you still using your crossbow? we just got our platinum and girl it is the bomb diggity LOL

Sunny I hope you are feeling better!!

Ok I need to get ready for work. but I wanted to come say hello!
Love to all
Michelle

lessofsarahtolove
09-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Hi Michelle -- sometimes I do! I use it in conjunction with free weights. I love it, but it's located in an area of my home in which it's difficult for me to breathe, unfortunately! (Long story.) Anyway, I do love it, and I'm happy that you do too! How often do you use it?

As for walking updates, I ran short on time this morning, so I only did a mile. I'll do more tonight -- probably HIIT biking though, not walking, as I need to burn more calories. Gotta hop off this plateau, you know?? ;)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

shoequeen69
09-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi everybody! I'm back, I survived the weekend. ;) Thanks for your thoughts Sunny. The alzheimers walk Saturday was nice. It was tough but I really enjoyed it. The path was 3.8 miles total. It felt like it would go on forever! It was in Fort Worth, Tx along the river so it was very scenic. It was warmer than I thought it would be so by the time it was over I was dripping with sweat and my legs and back ached. But surprise, surprise to me I was not sore at all yesterday! I must be making progress! I won't be doing anything today so I can spend time with my father. Plus its a level red ozone today so I'd probably pass out from lack of oxygen. Sunny-glad you like my avatar :D I think its called the bubble gum club. I really do have that many shoes :D And I love your sweet boys! I have 3 beautiful boys myself. And a chocolate pomeranian. I'm going to take some photos of the boys tonight so I can share them later. Have you been on catster.com or dogster.com? Its a lot of fun. I have my dog Foxy on there. Shes a sweetheart. I just wanted to say that I had one of the best weekends ever. The walk was wonderful, then I just relaxed at home and watched movies, then I went to a friends wedding shower and it was the best I've ever been to, and then I watched the Cowboys game with my bf and friends and played cards. It was so lovely. He was so sweet and loving this weekend. :love: Sigh ... :cloud9: Hope you're all doing well. Later - Amy

SunnyD57
09-13-2004, 12:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/APPLESET2.gif

Good Afternoon Everyone :wave:
So many happenings this weekend ~ where to begin...
Saturday ~ Joe & I went out to do some major grocery shopping, not only at the reg. grocery store, but also at the Costco Wholesale Club. Joe bought me a new Lane Leather Chair for my office :D It is a red brown and ohhhh so comfy (I'll get a pic. of my chair later to show you all)!! And a few other fun things, some chocolate brown toss pillows for our sofa and these really cool pastel color mixing bowls: butter yellow, mint green, baby blue and rose pink! The exact colors I want to use in my redecorated kitchen (someday :lol: ). Then that evening we went out to dinner with our friends to celebrate their 27th anniversary with them and then we all went to a park afterwards... the weather has just been the best!!!! We all spent a good hour walking & playing on the swing-sets (with Joe pushing me) and we went on some of the bars --- gosh --- I haven't done that in years!!! What fun that was to do --- my girlfriend and I just laughed and laughed at one another and our antics in trying to fit on the slides and such. Good exercise :) Don't worry --- these were big kid sets, so we wouldn't break anything (just in case you thought that ;) ) :lol:

Sunday ~ After we went to church we left for Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio (the largest coaster park in the world) --- you know where that is Kerry ;) --- we got there about 1:00pm and stayed there till closing at 8:00pm what a blast!!! There wasn't a wait at all for any of the rides... we would get off and then just go around and get right back on again. When we got home after that long day as we pulled into the driveway... guess what happened???!!! Our brake lines to the back of our jeep totally broke! :o We heard it snap!!! We only had the front brakes to stop with (barely). I am soooo glad that it waited till we got home and we made it home safely. It was an hour and a half's drive home. So...

Today, Monday ~ Thus far... ... Joe has taken the day off so we could go to the garage and dropped off our jeep to be repaired (so I will not be going to Curves till I get my jeep back on Thursday, but I will be walking my 2.5 miles each day). Joe is now working on my dryer that gave way just this morning :dizzy: What's going on here anyway :lol: :dizzy: Of all days for it to go... I am trying to catch up with my laundry. Hopefully Joe will get it fixed so I am able to finish, if not there's always tomorrow. And I have already walked my 2.5 miles :D

Our weather has been picture perfect here in Ohio... just perfect! It is awesome to open windows, feel breezes and to hear the birds as well as feel the sun. It is suppose to be like this through Thursday. Awesome!!! :flow2: :dance:

Well now that I have taken so much of your time I will try to catch up with all of you in my next post... :flow2:
<><

*~*~*

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifSePtEmBeR MiLeS: 21

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

shoequeen69
09-13-2004, 01:04 PM
Wow Sunny, glad you're ok. That brake situation could be scary! :eek: Glad you had a good weekend. Isn't it fun to play on the swings :D I used to do that at lunch ever so often when it was a particularly nice day or when I needed a pick me up. Well I'm going to try to post a picture. Lets see how it goes. This is Foxy, my pom baby.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/shoequeen69/Foxy3.jpg

SunnyD57
09-13-2004, 03:01 PM
I am back to finish... :sunny:

Sarah ~ Double WooHoo for you in getting all that exercise in :cp: I am so happy for you... keep it up ;)

You too Clarrie! You are doing wonderful!!!! Walks with a child can bring so much into your life :) They see so much we miss... that's okay to stop and look at the buggies with your daughter :lol: You are out and about and enjoying life, that's what matters. The exercise is a bonus! Now about those questions... ... ... :o :lol: ;)

Hi Mel ~ You are so welcome! (((Hugs))) I hope that today brings a new week and that you feel lots better. Good for you getting in some strength training in even if you didn't feel well... you did it! :smug: All you can do is give it your best each and every day. Yes, I am doing fantastic! I am so glad I found that web-site! :yes: I am still not quite up to par, but am so well on my way and feeling stronger each day. I have the best times with my hubby now on the weekends :D

How was your weekend???

Hey there Cathy ~ Always good to see you :flow1: 6 hours of cleaning... you must have the cleanest home I know :smug: I need to do some cleaning like that, it sure is a good workout - without a doubt! Soon my hubby and I are going to do windows for the Fall (we clean those Spring & Fall and we have allot of them!!)... hopefully tomorrow if he stays home from work another day. I hope he does especially since the weather is so nice!! Then he does the outside and I do the inside and the job is done in half the time.

Aweeeee, I am so very sorry to hear of your DH's uncle passing {{{Hugs}}} I do hope you all are okay? My deepest sympathies :(

Gab ~ You know what? Years ago when I was very very young I lived in Oceanside, Ca... one of my brothers was born there. I am the oldest of 4 of a military family - the Marines - my father retired a Lt. Col. in the Marines. Anyway, we lived all over the U.S. and Oceanside was one --- I have some nice memories of living there.

30 minutes of Tae-Bo is more then pretty good... it's great! It's a tough workout! Good for you!!! You are gonna make your gaoooooools :smug:

Kerry ~ How did you do with that yard sale over the weekend? Better then your first day??? It is a bit discouraging to work all those hours & to make such little $$ --- I hope you did better.

WoW!! 32 miles in for the month - awesome!!!!

I send my deepest sympathies to you as well in the loss of your cousin's wife, Kerry. I have heard many sad stories these days of people passing on from gastric bypass surgery... they aren't doing their homework and making sure their Dr's have done more then 100 surgeries before they work on them and some hospitals are hiring surgeons just for that surgery, but they are too new and not experienced enough --- so very sad :( {{{Hugs}}} I hope that all goes well with the Wedding...

Deb ~ Happy Birthday :hb: to you!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/TEDDYBIRTHDAYSET4.gif

Did you get all the clothes you wanted for your birthday shopping spree?????!!!! 3 miles walked is really good!!!!!! I am with Sarah.... Woo Hoo for Deb :cp:

Michelle Rae ~ is that reeeeeally you :smug: It's so good to see you PoP in :D I so miss seeing you on this thread. Hope that all is going well with you and your very busy life.
{{{Hugs}}}

Amy ~ Sounds like you worked through your struggle at that walk :bravo: for you!!!!! You probably surprised yourself when you finished and had to feel so accomplished. Those people suffering Alzheimer's may not be able to thank you, but I can for them ;) :thanks:

I see you got my private message on how to post pictures ;) Love your picture!!! And just the perfect size for posting too ;) My sister has three Pomeranian's - all golden - and they are so adorable! Such loveable dogs!!!

:thanks: for the compliment on my kids... they don't know they are cats. They honestly think they should have all the fun we do :D You have cats too? Cool :cool: I cannot wait to see the pictures. Your weekend sounded so nice... you needed that after your walk I am sure.

*~*~*

Sure do hope that the rest of you all had a great weekend and are having an even better start to your new week :)
Later gals!!!
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

gabwill
09-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Well, today I did a bit. I went run this morning. I did 1.5 miles which may not seem like much but considering I couldn't even do 1/4th a mile a few weeks ago I would say that is a BIG improvement. My ultimate goal, as far as running is concerned, is to be able to go 5 miles nonstop. I am going for 3 miles by the end of the month though. I also want to beat my husband's time in running just to get him to stop picking on me... he does to encourage me. I also did my power90 video and will go walking for 3 miles around 630. That leaves me with a bit of time to play around with. It is too hot here. So all together now I have 2.5 of my 15 miles ran for the month and 18 of 40 walked. That is good. Plus the 3 miles I will walk tonight.

Sarah- Thanks for the encouragement! And good job on your 2 miles yesterday. And from what I hear, Oceanside changed alot. When my husband was here the first time he had pics and I go to those same places now and they aren't open views, they are all buildings and parking lots. That was only 8 years ago... maybe 9 I am not too sure but her we are on Camp Pendleton. Marines. And yes, Taebo is tough. When I first started it I didn't want to move the next day since I hurt so much but had to take care of my daughter so had to go pass it. Now it is alot better and I do it 3 times a week so that is helping me out alot.

SunnyD57
09-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Hey there Gab ~ that was me SunnyD that lived in Oceanside not Sarah ;) Yep, I lived on base in Camp Pendleton. I bet it has changed --- it has been allot of years since I last seen it.

Great job today!!!!!!
:bravo:

Good Nite All!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
09-14-2004, 04:17 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/AUTUMNBABYBUTTERFLY01.gif

Good Tuesday Morning Gals!

Did any of you gals see Oprah's 19th opening season show yesterday???
Awesome show! She gave a new car to each audience member!
And took care of a homeless young girl putting her through school...
just an awesome show! I love happy shows like that :D

*~*~*

As you all can see by the time I just couldn't sleep, bet I'll be tired later - I have been up since 2:30am :coffee: , tried to go back to sleep - but just decided to get up and catch up while all is quiet. Joe got my dryer all fixed (he's my handy-dandy man :love: ) and I was able to get all the blankets dry and put back on the bed. And I have only one or two more loads to finish and I will be all caught up again for a day ;) It's amazing how fast two people can go through clothes... it's partly because I workout twice a day.

I am not sure what my Joe is doing today yet --- he hasn't said whether is is going to take off again. I was hoping he would so we could clean these windows together - the job goes so much faster when he does the outside & I do the inside. One of these days I am going to get those windows that you can flip to the inside. We had them in our old place and I got spoiled! Now I have the old ones here and they take forever to do. But when they are clean I love the look --- as if the outside is coming in :D

This afternoon my girlfriends daughter, Sandy, is coming by to visit. She hasn't been over in a long while, so we have allot of catching up to do ;) I look forward to her visit today.

You Gals have a Wonderful Day today!!!
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lessofsarahtolove
09-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Another mile this morning for me. Have a good day everyone!

lessofsarahtolove
09-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Did a brisk mile at lunch!

cathyxxx
09-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Popping in quickly.....

I walked 2 miles when I got home today in the hot humid Louisiana heat! *tongue hanging out*

September Miles = 12

hope all is well

hugs,
cathy

SunnyD57
09-14-2004, 09:01 PM
I walked 1.50 Miles today...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Goodnight.jpg

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifSePtEmBeR MiLeS: 22.50

<><
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lessofsarahtolove
09-14-2004, 09:03 PM
1 mile tonight after dinner, so a total of 3 for today!

synn1977
09-15-2004, 01:42 AM
Hello Ladies!!! I have strayed but not forgotten. I finally got my pedometer, but am looking to also get the WATP videos...Any suggestions as to which set I should get.
I know unless I step up my walking I am not going to make my 300,000 goal, but, stepping it up is exactly what I am going to do!!!!

So ladies, I wish you all the best, and I will check in soon, I promise!

lessofsarahtolove
09-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Hello, everybody -- has anyone heard about Leslie's new product, the Walkblaster? (http://www.walkblaster.com/homepage.asp) If you access that link, you'll see in the bottom left corner of the page the option of viewing a bit of her latest infomercial promoting this new product. Looks like a stepper, with 3 new workouts, exercise balls, vitamins, and low-carb recipes/diet stuff for around $60.00 (in 2 payments.) The stepper and the DVD's are interesting to me, but not the rest of it...and it doesn't seem to be available elsewhere as she's just released it in recent days.

Anyone heard anything yet? I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts!

gabwill
09-15-2004, 08:03 PM
well I haven't been able to walk the past two days since I haven't been feeling that well. I do feel better now but will be back on track tomorrow. Didn't want to do too much today considering that so I did the minimum. I only have 19 more miles to walk this month so that is fine that I took off 2 days I guess. Well that is all for now.

cathyxxx
09-16-2004, 07:11 AM
walked 2 miles last night

September Miles = 14

cathy

shoequeen69
09-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Way to go Sarah, Sunny and Cathy for getting your miles in! :bravo:

I got in 1 quick mile last night. I would have liked to have done more but I ran out of time doing errands and had to get home to take Foxy out. But I'm soooo glad I went ahead and stopped for a quick walk. It would have been SOOOOO easy for me to just skip it all together. So yeah me! ;) Not sure what I'm doing tonight. Either walking or going to aerobics. I'll check in tomorrow. Have a good day. :sunny:

lessofsarahtolove
09-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks, Amy! Wow, you've got that shoe thing going on, girlfriend! (You make me want to run out and buy a pair or eight!) ;)

I must have forgotten to update last night -- I walked one mile yesterday and biked (HIIT) 5 miles. The siggy below is updated. AND, I'm down another 2 pounds, for a total of 63 since March! Woo hoo!

Nothing yet today, I'm just a slug. I took a mental health day -- much needed day off from work alone (I vant to be alone -- I'm channeling Marlena today!) and I'm feeling vewy, vewy lazy! I'll keep you posted..... ;)

shoequeen69
09-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Hahaha Thanks Sarah, that was a good one. I don't think you can EVER have too many shoes. Nothing I enjoy more than just going to Payless and trying on EVERY pair in my size. :D Good job on your weight loss! Amazing! I have got to get on the ball and lose, lose, lose! Good for you for taking a day off. Doesn't it feel awesome to play hookie when u know other people are at work? hahaha I don't know if I'll get on the trail today. I have a lot to do to prepare for my busy weekend (friends wedding rehearsal tomorrow right after work, bachelorette party Saturday). I'm hoping the weather will get cooler this evening and I can walk late but so far the plan is to just go home. Take care all. C U tomorrow. :p

gabwill
09-16-2004, 10:27 PM
Only 14 miles left to walk this month. I walked 5 more today so that brings me up to 26 for this month. I am so glad. I still have a bit to run (only did 2.5 of 15 that I need so need to get on the ball for that). Have 12.5 left to run. That is bad but I will try to do it no matter what.

SunnyD57
09-17-2004, 03:27 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifSePtEmBeR MiLeS: 26.0

(no jeep to go to Curves - still waiting for it :( )

lessofsarahtolove
09-17-2004, 11:41 PM
Hello, ladies! I have NOT been so good about my walking, alas.....yesterday I gave myself a lazy day, and today just got away from me -- very, very hectic! I'm going to hit it hard this weekend though.

I ordered Leslie's brand new CD's and stepper.....I should get them in 4-6 weeks, so I'll give a report once I've tried them out!

Hope everyone's well, and go Sunny with the 26 miles!!

KAR73
09-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Hi everyone,
I have been busy with school this past week. But atleast I can say that I got my walking in every morning before getting ready for school. So I am up to 48 miles walked. I think I put down that I would walk 60 miles this month, so I am almost there. Guess I might have to bump up my miles for Oct.
Due to all the rain we got yesterday, I was not able to go home for my cousin's wedding this weekend. So I am a little bummed out.
Sunny, glad to hear that you had a nice weekend last week. Sorry to hear about your brakes. Did you get your jeep back yet? My yard sale was a bust last weekend. I only made $21 in 5 hours. So I am going to that another next month sometime.
Amy way to go on your walk last weekend! I bet you were very proud of yourself when you accomplished it. Keep it up!
Sarah congrats on the weight loss. Sounds like you have a plan that is working well for you. Keep it up!
Cathy, I know how hard it to try to get walks in. So just keep trying to squeeze them in. Hope all is well with you!
Gabwill sounds like you are doing well with your goals keep up the great work!
Well I am off to go walk or ride my excerise bike. Talk to you all later.
Kerry

lessofsarahtolove
09-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Hey guys! :wave: Thanks, Kerry -- low glycemic carbs and lean proteins are my friends for sure!

2 miles with a 6 lb. pair of hand weights done!

gabwill
09-18-2004, 08:33 PM
walked 1 mile yesterday and one today. Brings me up to 28 miles this month.

cathyxxx
09-19-2004, 04:21 PM
yesterday we moved, loaded and unloaded furniture for 8 hours with 3 trucks and 3 flat bed trailers and it was 100 degrees outside. I know I must have walked 4 miles if I walked a step, and I got plenty of strength training too, but for the record I will call it 2 miles.

September Miles = 16

hugs,
cathy

SunnyD57
09-20-2004, 12:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/AUTUMN13.gif

Good Morning Gals!

Great job Gab! :bravo:

:thanks: Amy & Sarah ~ for the :cheer: cheers ;) I sure appreciate it! You gals aren't doing so bad yourselves!!! ;)

Thanks Kerry ~ W :o W!!! Wooo Hooo!!! 48 miles walked so far! Well Done girl! :bravo:

We got the jeep back on Friday afternoon - $786.00 :o - but we got it back with all new brake system and feel so much safer now. Thank the Lord we have a good mechanic, he showed us everything he had replaced and they WERE nasty. It's all the road salt in the winters that eats away at everything... short of washing the underside of the jeep 2 - 4 times a week during the winter, there was nothing more my hubby could have done to prevent it.

So sorry to hear that you Garage Sale didn't d so well --- hope you have a better out-come on your next try :crossed:

Hi Cathy ~ Whew... I bet you did get in that 4 miles of exercsie (and then some) with all you got done! You sure are one very busy lady! Where are you moving to? I have forgotten...

*~*~*

I got in 1 mile this morning & am going to do another later today...

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifSePtEmBeR MiLeS: 27

(we got the jeep back... hoping to go tomorrow morning)

*Have a Great OP Day Gals!!!!*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

cathyxxx
09-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Hey SunnyD - you haven't forgotten anything girlie. I'm not moving anywhere - ever! LOL Both my grandparents passed away in August, and the furniture had to be moved out of their house and was divided btwn their 4 children (one of which is my mom), and then when we got to each place, they needed furniture moved out and brought to the other ones houses to make room for the new, and it was the longest hardest hottest day of my life! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cry: I cannot tell you how glad I am to be done with that!

So glad you got your jeep back and that you have wheels again!

hugs!

lessofsarahtolove
09-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Hello, all -- just wanted to check in and say I'm not MIA; I've been having some bronchial problems ever since having a nasty upper respiratory infection in February, and I'm finding it harder than ever to breathe! I've identified a new doctor, and have an appointment for this Wednesday morning, but I'm just finding it harder and harder to get through anything at all without coughing so uncontrollably I think I'm going to pass out. It's gotten just ridiculous, so I'm going back for help for the third time now......I'm still going to try to walk tonight, but yesterday I had to quit in the middle of a mile because I was gasping. Crazy. :( I'm fine to work and all, but it's really taken a toll.

I'll report in as soon as I've got another mile under my belt -- biking or walking!

Great job everybody -- you're all doing great!

gabwill
09-20-2004, 08:32 PM
well I walked another 5 miles today. I also did my measurements and I am 2 lbs lighter and 3.5 inches smaller (not from my waist but everywhere else I went down.

cathyxxx
09-20-2004, 08:52 PM
just got back from walking 2 miles.

September Miles = 18

synn1977
09-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Well, I promised an update..so here it is ;)
I do not walk nearly all that I would like to or have challenged myself to do, but I do get in exercise (mainly walking) After finally getting my pedometer I have discovered that I have walked 21,115 steps since 9/13, nowhere near my goal, but again I am chained to a desk for 8 long hours each day...so in my opinion it is slightly understandable as I only get about two hours of sleep each night making it near impossible for em to get up and go before work :mad: and being that I get home between 8:30 and 11 pm each day I do not feel comfortable walking that late.
I am thinking of investing in Leslie Sansone's videos, but I do not really have a place to do the tapes as my bedroom only has about a foot and a half of available floor space and our livingroom television is owned by my father in law.
I did however pick up Prevention Magazine's Walk Fit booklet and am going to start that tomorrow (my day off) so hopefully that will go well as it does include an indoor routine for when it gets a bit too cold to walk outdoors.

BTW, going by my pace I have walked approximately 10 miles in the last week, which I think is pretty good considering I sit on my duff most of the day! :D

BTW Sunny.....where do you get your adorable pix that you add into each post, and how do you put a piccy like that in a post???

MichelleRae
09-21-2004, 01:15 AM
Hey ladies!! Hope you are all doing well, I'm still working like crazy but hopefully for only a few more weeks and then it should slow down a lot!!

It sounds like you are all doing well!

Sunny I see you went to Cedar Point!! I used to live in Grand Rapids Michigan and my family would take me there a lot when I was a child!! I loved it!!

Cathy keep up the good work!! Have you had any more success?

Keep up the good work girls!!

I'm at work so sorry that this is so short!!
Michelle

SunnyD57
09-21-2004, 08:47 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/APPLES09.gif

Good Morning Gals!

I never did walk anymore after that one mile yesterday... just had a lazy kinda of kick-back day :) The weather is just sooooo beautiful - picture perfect - I sat out on my porch most of the day in my hubby's hammock catching up on some reading and I loved every moment of it :D Today I was going to go to Curves, but now won't till tomorrow morning. BUT I WILL get in my 2 miles today! I can feel that I need to...

*~*~*

Hey there Michelle Rae ~ Always so good to see you :flow2: Yes, we had a wonderful day at Cedar Point!!! A good time to go (after the kids are back in school)... no crowds! Come back soon!

Synn ~Posting my pics... it is really very easy to do. I have loads of them saved to my hard-drive in folders. If I see a graphic I like on a site I just right click on it and save it into MY DOCUMENTS (if it's free to take you will be able to, if not... a bubble will come up and tell you so).

Directions:
~POSTING IMAGES ~
Here we go --- (maybe you will want to print this up to follow)
Well, what I do is this...

FIRST - you will OPEN A SEPARATE WINDOW from the window you are in at 3FATCICKS --- by going to your START & then click on your INTERNET EXPLORER another window should open up for you then...

SECOND - you use that second window to go do a search with GOOGLE and type in FREE GRAPHICS, or GIFS or ANIMATIONS; then once you have found a site and the graphic you want...

THIRD - you will RIGHT CLICK ON THE IMAGE (if site will permit the right click & save - if not it will tell you so in a bubble) and then SAVE to your HARD DRIVE in a FOLDER that you have named so you will know where to find it again. I have mine in MY DOCUMENTS with a folder titled Graphics.

FOURTH- To post your personal pictures or graphics go to this FREE Website Photobucket.com and upload your graphics, animations or home pictures (resized your home personal pictures to be SMALLER - 400 x 300 pixils - or we'll be waiting forever for them to come up on the forum ;) ) to Photobucket and then just Highlight & Copy the IMG address with the img code that they give you under the picture (third one down) and post it right into your post where you want it to be. This way your pictures will be IN your post and not just at the bottom. That's it! :)

***LUCK!!!!***
Happy imaging :D

*~*~*

*Have a Great Day Gals!!!*
:sunny: SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
09-21-2004, 08:58 AM
*~*~*~*

Cathy ~ Now I remember... ... Whew... thought I was really beginning to lose my mind... :dizzy: Glad to hear that you got everything all moved and settled into everyone's home... great exercise, but I bet you had some achy muscles afterwards!

Sarah ~ I am so very sorry to hear that you haven't been well :( I hope that you feel better real soon and that the Dr's will be able to help you!!! (((Hugs)))

Gab! Good for you!!!! Getting those miles up there girl! :bravo:
Great results too!!!!! Down 2 lbs and 3.5 inches smaller - way to go!!!! :cheer:

Amy ~ Just LOVE those Ruby Slippers ;)

*~*~*

Later gals...
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

shoequeen69
09-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Hiya gals! :wave: Well I haven't walked any more miles. I'm taking defensive driving with a friend last night and tonight (she got a ticket and I just want my insurance to go down!) so that takes up my entire evening. Back to the exercise tomorrow. I had a busy, busy weekend. Saturday I shopped ALL day, about 6 hours! I had to find the perfect shoes for my friends bachelorette party :D We had a blast. We just went to a club in Dallas and danced and danced and went back to her friends house. Great time. I'm already prepared to pig out this weekend. Shes having an official Big Fat Greek Wedding so lots of greek food at the reception :eating2: AND more greek food the day after at her moms house! :p Yummy. Can't wait! Anyways just wanted to check in with a few comments. Later - Amy

Sarah-Sorry you're having problems. :( Hope this new doc. will be able to help you get back into the swing of life.

Gab-Congrats on the 2lbs and the inches lost! That is awesome!

Synn-I love your rocker dude for pounds lost! Toooo cute!

Sunny-Thanks about the ruby slippers. Too me aren't they? :D

cathyxxx
09-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Hey Michelle! like SunnyD said...it is always good to see ya!
I see you have now lost 40 lbs! that is AWESOME! YOU GO GIRL!
how you like your new piece of exercise equipment? wasn't it a bowflex?

and yes I am finally having some success and have started losing a few pounds - which as you know is very very very hard for me!

For those that don't know, I am almost 45, have a low thyroid and have always been a little overweight, but now I fight my weight like crazy! In the last few years I have continued to put on about 10 lbs a year, while eating right and exericising. It is VERY discouraging, but I figure if I was not doing what I'm doing, then I would just explode and figure I am at least "living healthy".

Anyway, almost a year ago, I finally found a doctor who would treat my low thyroid symptons and started on 1 grain a day Armour Thyroid for my low thyroid. Then doubled the dosage to 2 grains a day in March, 2004. Still no weight loss. So on July 8, this year, my doctor started me on phentermine (diet pills). I finally lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks (I think the diet pills speed up my pitiful metabolism) and then on July 22, I took my last birth control pill bec I was convinced they played a roll in my weight problems. The biggest thing for me was that I read that some bc pills can mess with your glucose levels and cause you to crave sugar - which I do! Nothing I do gets rid of the sugar cravings, well until now. The first few weeks off the bc pills I felt "different" and even think I was having some hot flashes and things that go along with being pre menapausal, but those things have passed and I feel better. I really do, and guess what - I AM NOT CRAVING SUGAR anymore. Actually that is quite amazing to me!

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I have lost another 6 lbs. So that makes a total weight loss of 11 lbs since July 8, which is actually pretty awesome for me!

From everything I have read, someone with low thyroid should be pleased with a 1 or 2 lb weight loss a month. Isn't that something!

I started at 209, but I am now back down into the 100's :cp: :cb: :dance: and weigh 198 today!

I have hope!

Cathy

synn1977
09-21-2004, 03:54 PM
http://webclipart.about.com/library/Thanks/Tline1.gif

Hello Ladies....Thanks for the help Sunny! I got just angry enough last night to figure it out....I tend to get stubborn if there is something I want to do and can not figure it out!

Amy~ Thanks for the compliment on my rocker....it is my attitude and my lifestyle(at least in my head) so I thought he was befitting.

Michelle~ Welcome Back...I hope that things do calm down for you soon, as I know what the hectic lifestyle of work, work, work does to a person!!!

Anyway, walking is so natural I don't notice that it is exercise so I guess that works in my favor! But alas I still tend to think that my OcToBeR wAlKeRs goal is going to be different...I think I will go by miles and add in other things as well, like my FIRM workout that I bought, and I am still looking for suggestions for Leslie....any help??????

I think I might try to go for a walk in a little bit with my camera as the leaves are starting to change and everything is pretty right now....Have I mentioned that I absolutely love fall??? It is my favorite time of year, I would take it above all other seasons...especially winter. As much as I love fall I know that just around the corner is winter and that yucky white stuff that falls from the sky....can't we just ban it???

MichelleRae
09-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Sunny I wanted to tell you about emotipad in case you didn't already know about it, it stores all your online images etc in a handy little control panel that sits on your computer screen and it is awesome!! You can find it at emotipad.com I think it costs 14 bucks or something but you get 15 days to test it out :D

Cathy I love the crossbow it is awesome!! I was doing the military press the other day and my legs felt like they were going to buckle on me when I was done lol, I totally lifted to failure that day !! Way to go on your recent success against the weight monster!! :grouphug:

Ok off for a nap before work!!
Love to you all
Michelle

KAR73
09-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Evening Ladies,
Glad to see that everyone is attempting to get thier walking in. I have reached 58 miles walked today so far this month. My goal was to walk 60 miles. So I think I am going to have to bump up my goal for next month. I have been able to walk every day since joining this thread.
Great news tonight from my TOPS meeting. I have lost another 2 pounds this week. So I am very close to being 200 pounds by the first or second week in Oct. I am currently at 204. So keep your fingers crossed that I will be able to reach my goal by then.
Well I am off to bed. I took some Nyquil and it is finally kicking in. Talk to you all later.
Have a great Wednesday.
Kerry

gabwill
09-21-2004, 10:47 PM
Well I walk another mile which is great and ran another mile. That is so good. Trying to get more pounds off for my weigh in on the 30th. Only 9 days away so I am trying to work hard. I am listening to my body and am not trying to hurt myself but would like more results like this last time (maybe even more then that) so I am trying to do it.

Good job Kerry on those 2 lbs and walking more (almost) then your goal. Within the week I will be over mine too even though I didn't start until the middle of the month so that is a good thing!

gabwill
09-22-2004, 04:21 PM
well I ran another 2 miles so that brings me up to 4.5 (need 10.5 more by the end of the month but since we got out treadmill I think that I can do it) Walked 1 more mile which leaves me with only 5 more to go which will be done by tomorrow night since I plan on walking 2 more miles tonight and a few miles tomorrow. That means I need to decide what next months walked/ran miles will be. More then the 40/15 I said I would do this month. Well that is all.

KAR73
09-22-2004, 10:36 PM
I did it this morning. I walked my 60th mile this morning. So I am going to have to set the bar higher for my goal next month.
Good job Gabwill for meeting your goals shortly. Doesn't it feel good to reach a mini-goal?
Hope everyone else is doing great!
Kerry

clarrie
09-23-2004, 08:16 AM
I'm not doing so great :( haven't walked since Saturday. I've been away for a few days, and today I had so much work to catch up I didn't have time for my morning mile. I will walk tomorrow morning tho ;)

shoequeen69
09-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Good job making your miles for the month Kerry! :cp:

I managed to get in 2.2 miles last night. Woo-hoo! It was great. I was thinking about the 1st time I did that trail and I barely made it. I got to the end and said "This is it? This is all you got?" haha :s: I'm probably going to do aerobics tonight so I doubt I'll get another walk in until Monday (this is my busy, busy weekend). Have a good day everyone, I'm goin' to get my coffee!!! :coffee:

SunnyD57
09-23-2004, 11:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/HALLOWEEN17.gif

Goood Morning Gals!!!!

I too could have done allot better then I did this month,
didn't come anywhere close to the goals I set for myself :(
I WILL do better next month... :D

:cp: I am so very happy for all of you that met your goals and then some!! :cp:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifSePtEmBeR MiLeS: 28.75

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifSePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time :(

*Have a Great Day!!*
<><

EDIT: I just finished another 1.5 miles :)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifSePtEmBeR MiLeS: 30.25

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

gabwill
09-23-2004, 10:00 PM
well I didn't walk last night but am determined to walked tonight once Jasmine is in bed. I need to do about 2-3 miles. That way I don't feel so bad about skipping some of my other workouts today.

Kerry- yes it feels good to meet a mini goal. Makes me believe the next isn't too far away.

shoequeen69
09-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Hi gals! Well I wasn't in an aerobics mood last night so I got a quick mile in instead. It was very nice, got a good sweat goin' running up the hills on the bike trail. Lots of fun. Hope you all have a good weekend. See you next week :D

SunnyD57
09-24-2004, 05:07 PM
*HAPPY 45TH BIRTHDAY, CATHY!!!*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/CAKE02.gif

I am so very sorry :sorry: I missed it on Wednesday...
I sure do hope you had a Wonderful Day's Celebration :hb:
and the Bestest Week so far!!! :dance:

(((Hugs)))
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

synn1977
09-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Well, Hello again ladies...I must say I am very proud of myself!
In the last 2 days I have walked 19,057 steps....almost as many as in an entire week...all thank to the 3 hour walk I went on last night with the BF. It totaled out to be 7.81 miles. I was so happy when I looked at my well rested pedometer this morning.
Just thought I would give you a quick update. I am definitely changing my goal for October to milage vs. steps as you can never tell when I will have the time to get in my steps but miles are a more attainable goal for me. HEHHEHEH!

Talk to you all soon!

cathyxxx
09-25-2004, 08:13 AM
Good Morning Gang!

thanks for the birthday wishes SunnyD - I had a very nice day!

It's been a crazy week, with me having to do things for other people after work each day. I got some extra kinds of exercise (moving more furniture, etc) but nothing that counts as walking miles. but that's ok - life happens - but just wanted yall to know that I'm still kickin...*clearing throat*...I mean walkin! hehe

I'm heading out right now to walk 2 more miles.

September Miles = 20

hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

clarrie
09-25-2004, 01:38 PM
I've managed to pick up my routine again and have walked my morning mile the past 2 days. I think maybe that for an October challenge, I will either challenge myself to walk a little faster, so that I can walk further in the same time.

KAR73
09-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Evening Ladies,
Sounds like everyone is stepping it up come October. I have been busy doing things for other people too this week. So I know how you feel, Cathy. But atleast I have been able to squeeze in my walks. If I couldn't do that I would be one unhappy person. So far this month I have walked 66 miles.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Take care,
Kerry

gabwill
09-25-2004, 11:07 PM
well I did get in a 3 mile walk today which I find is wonderful considering I didn't even want to do that.

KAR73
09-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Evening Ladies,
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I had a busy one. Had to buy a baby shower gift for my nephew and his girlfriend. Clean my house, since my sister-in-law was having the shower here today. Play hostess during the shower. But I was able to make time for myself today to get some walking in. This morning, I did my 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds for the abs video. Then this evening my dh and I went for an hour walk around town. Then I came home and tried out my Pilates for Dummies video. I only did the 15 minutes of the mat routine. I hope to eventually this coming month put the two parts together the mat and standing routine. I bought this tape until I can get the oppurtnuity to buy the Winsor Pilates series. I am still thinking about my goal for October. I guess I have a few days before I really have to set it, huh.
Well I hope everyone has a great week.
Take care,
Kerry

lessofsarahtolove
09-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: I've been having some problems with my lungs, so I've had to put exercise on hold -- bad breathing problems. But I'm in the process of getting tests to identify the problem; so far the GP has decided that I'm probably severely asthmatic, but they're checking for more. (Full lung testing scheduled for 10/15.) THere's more, but I don't want to hijack the whole thread! The doc has told me not to exercise, but I'm still going to do a bit if I can, without overdoing it.

Yesterday I did one mile WATP with my 6 lb. hand weights, and followed it with a mini arms workout with dumbbells. Arm soreness today -- yay!

gabwill
09-27-2004, 02:16 PM
well I got 3miles more of walking. That takes care of my walking this month. Will probably get a few more in today but am not sure yet if I will. I will of course up next months goal.

Sarah- sorry to hear that you have to slow down alot of your exercises. But it is better to listen to your dr then to hurt yourself more.

synn1977
09-27-2004, 11:14 PM
hello ladies! just a quick update from Friday...I have walked an additional 28,319 steps, and I am still headed out for another walk in a bit!
For those of you keeping track thats another 21.52 km. or 13.37 mi. That brings my total since 9/22 to 22.37 miles! Not only that, but I am joining the gym on Friday!!!!

MichelleRae
09-29-2004, 11:00 AM
wow its been a few days since anyone has posted I hope you are all doing well!! Keep up all your great work!!

Michelle

cathyxxx
09-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Hey Gang! Hey Michelle!

I've been really busy with regular life and getting ready for an 8 day trip with my mom next week to Branson Missouri. I've been doing some exercise but not enought to log it in here.

But all is well. How about everyone else?

SunnyD57
09-29-2004, 04:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Home%20Pictures/Sunflower.jpg
*This was taken by my sis-in-law, Emily,
from her garden in South China, Maine*
Awesome shot!

*~*~*

:wave: Hey Cathy, Hey Michelle ~:wave: Mee too... I haven't done much "exercise" that I have logged in the last 14 days. I have been really busy with *life* and all it's Fall-type fun! So glad to see you both pop in!

Cathy ~ you have the bestest time in Branson, Mo. I hear that it's a super place to go for entertainment!! *Enjoy* Come back here when you get home and tell us all about it, okay :)

As for you other gals... Synn, Gab, Sarah, Kerry, Clarrie & Amy ~ I am totally impressed with the work you gals have done this month & your dedication!!!

:cp: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bravo: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cp:

I do hope that you feel better Sarah! Please do keep us informed on how you are doing and what the Dr has to say, okay ;) You have been such a trooper!

*~*~*

I hope to see ya all next month...
Take Care Gals!!
(((Hugs)))
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

synn1977
09-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Well, you can add another 10,000 + steps to the latest update. But anyway....I am almost done with work and I am going to they gym after work! Woohoo :D!

gabwill
09-30-2004, 12:57 AM
well did another 2 miles so am getting up there OVER my goal!

shoequeen69
09-30-2004, 11:47 AM
I MADE IT! I managed to get all of my miles in this month! Woo-hoo!!! :cb:
I did the last 3 miles last night at the park with a friend. It was such a nice evening for a walk. So just in time for the next challenge ;) I'm thinking of going to Y and doing aerobics tonight. We shall see. Take care ladies. Later :D

SunnyD57
09-30-2004, 12:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/HALLOWEEN06.gif Good Morning Gals!
I got in another 2 miles this morning :D So... I didn't do too bad this month with my Walking ~ disappointed that I never met my goals with Curves this month. I came up short with both my goals for September (unlike you gals did :cp: ), but I hope to do much better in October :smug:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifSePtEmBeR MiLeS: 32.25

*Hope you have a great day!*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

KAR73
09-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Evening gals,
Sounds like everyone has been enjoying life and this nice fall weather! I have been busy with school and trying to keep up with my housework and going to my stepkids' soccer games. So it is nice to have the time in the mornings to myself to do my walking videos. I have done them faithfully every morning since school started on Aug.24th. So I am going to be curious to see what I weigh come the end of May, when school gets out for the year. I hope to be a few pounds lighter and several dress sizes smaller. :) As of this morning, I have walked 77 miles this month. So that is 17 miles over my orginal goal.
Well I need to go and finish folding laundry. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Take care,
Kerry

SunnyD57
10-01-2004, 07:30 AM
Here is the Link to your
OcToBeR WaLkInG ThReAd...

Hope to see you there!!!
LINK---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47386

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*