South Beach Diet - Wednesday 09/01 Beach Chat

View Full Version : Wednesday 09/01 Beach Chat

Mamacita
09-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Good morning, Chickies~~ :coffee:

Woke up to a new month and RAIN. Lots and lots of rain. :rain: We need it, too. It's been so muggy and the air has just felt like lead. This will brighten things up nicely. :)

DH booted the girls out of our room at 2:15 this morning and they didn't scratch at the door to be let back in, so tonight, I'm going to boot them out when we turn out the lights and see what happens. :crossed: I really do desperately need a full nights sleep. I walk around looking like this :tired: all day. And it's beginning to affect my memory.

Not much else going on here...except BIL brought home one of those oven rising pizzas and wants it for dinner tonight. Wonder how I can extricate myself out of eating it? Maybe if I just scrape off the toppings and don't eat any other fats today?

Here's hoping you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

ellis
09-01-2004, 09:19 AM
Hi girls! :wave:

Mamacita, glad you finally got some rain!
Listen, those oven rising pizzas are highly over-rated. Once you've eaten about four dozen of them as I have, you soon become bored with the things. :D

Yes, I'm heading back to the hospital, and no, I haven't read as many posts as I'd like, but I do love all of you. :grouphug:
Have a wonderful day... hope to get back in here later...

Ruthxxx
09-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Just missed you, ellis, but big hugs back. :love: I am glad you find the time and inclination to pop in.

Mamacita, I'm glad you are enjoying the rain. Too bad some parts of the States are getting way too much - Richmond, for example. I hope keeping your Girls out of the bedroom gives you better sleep.

It's a shiny September morning out there. The Girls are loafing on the deck thinking preggy doggie thoughts. There is a frog in their wading pool which is driving them nuts. Lucy just woofs at it but Hersh is determined to catch it. Extra protein needed here? I may scoop him out and find him another home down at the Lake. I can't figure out how he got up here unless he was dropped by a heron.

Sarah's job situation sounds good! She had another interview/test yesterday but will come for garden work tomorrow. I hope to keep her for a little while as I've ordered lots of spring bulbs and want to put the garden to bed properly this year so spring cleanup is not such a horrorshow.

September 1st always feels like the start of a new year! I guess I went to school too long as both student and teacher. I love crisp fall weather but feel we were sort of cheated out of a proper summer this year. I didn't miss the AC one bit!

I'm going to bash out a script this morning as Hersh has her clinic job this afternoon. Enough procrastinating! I'll reward myself with lunch on the deck before we go. Right now Harry needs his breakfast and meds.

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

HistoryChick
09-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

I'm up early and getting ready for the interview....I'm kinda nervous...I hate interviews...ugh....but I really need a job so.... :crossed: I swear Tom must be on the way....I just feel blah...I hate feeling blah....it's not fun at all...I have to go around Robinhood's Barn in order to make it to this place....should be interesting....Ellis, I hope you have a wonderful day! :) Mama, you can have all the rain you want....I don't wanna see rain for a while....but it looks like we might get hammered again this weekend, which would cause a bigger mess downtown :( My aunt called us from Florida today at 7am...I was the only one up lol....saying she saw Richmond on the news and couldn't believe it....she's preparing for Hurricane Francis :?: Everyone I hope you all have a wonderful day on the beach! :)

Ruthxxx
09-01-2004, 09:35 AM
HistoryChick, I have my boobs crossed for you and the interview. I hope you don't get hammered again this weekend. Richmond is even in the Canadian News!

HistoryChick
09-01-2004, 09:38 AM
WOW...we made Canadian News! That is crazy! lol Ruth you crack me up.."boobs crossed" I hope you have a wonderful day today!

kvixen
09-01-2004, 10:36 AM
Good morning, ladies. :coffee:

Mamacita, sorry abt the rain. It is pretty here in Boston, but my job is freezing with A/C, and Ruth, I wish we could go without ours too!

Hi, Ellis! Glad you could check in with us. A big hug! :angel:

HistoryChick, good luck with your interview, I am sure that you are going to be amazing! And stay dry! and safe! :rain:

As for moi, I made a yummy breakfast, lunch and snacks, and heading outside for lunch to squeeze in some more LSAT studying. At least it is pretty outside. The construction going on right outside my window has me feeling like this: :yikes: Maybe I can sleep well tonight. :crossed:

Enjoy the beach today, chicklets!

jenne1017
09-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Morning ladies-

Feeling better today. Never did eat the ramens though :) Nor did I weigh in -- TOM came this morning and I was preoccupied with that. Can I weigh in on Friday for an August total Ruth??? Or is that totally cheating :)

Have a good one all. And Happy September!

weezle
09-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Running late! Gotta cover another store today again! Slept too long! Spent too much time on the "How We Met" post! Terry and I are fine, no more arguing, had a very pleasant night last night. Talk to you all later!

Ruthxxx
09-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Sure, Jen. Just PM me as I've closed the weight report thread.

Heidi
09-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Hi All,
It's a beautiful, sunny day here and I was looking forward to getting out into the garden to renovate some beds for fall planting, but the neighbour is sanding hardwood floors and the noise deafening. Oh well, the weather is supposed to hold for the rest of the week.

Good luck with your interview Historychick. Nerve wracking, huh?

Ruth, did you take care of the frog? Our dog's enemy is one black squirrel. I swear she'll break through the patio glass one day to get that thing. She isn't very fond of doves either. Yet she is afraid of the garden hose. :eek: Go figure!

Jenn, I'm glad you're feeling better this morning.

Take care, everyone.

Barb0522
09-01-2004, 11:30 AM
It's a beautiful day today (and I'm stuck here at work :( ) Oh, well, at least we are halfway to a long weekend. I can't believe I actually won the exercise challenge! Most of the month I was behind Nelie and LaurieX! I put extra time in this weekend though since I knew I had so many events this week and wouldn't be able to work out. I miss it when I can't work out.

Tonight is the orientation for this year's Talented and Gifted program. Hopefully it won't run too late but I've got to get dinner and supervise homework first. Last night's Cub Scouts pack meeting took until it was time to Brian to get ready for bed. It was a fun meeting but very busy with signups for all sorts of activities (overnight on a battleship, Fall Campout, etc.). Thank goodness I only have one kid!

KristinJ
09-01-2004, 12:18 PM
good morning :)

I'm still trying to switch over to nights and having a hard time. Worst case scenario I'll take some gravol tomorrow to sleep during the day. I'm not feeling the greatest today, unsure why but I'll keep plugging along. My goals for today are to be OP and make it to the gym. Gym attendance has been pathetic so I need to work on getting that up to snuff.

Hope you guys have a great day!

Kristin

RNMOM
09-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Here it is the first of September and for the past 3 weeks I've been totally out of control. I'm angry because I'm wondering what I haven't learned from SB. It works! What in my head didn't I get figured out??????? I had a heart to heart with my hubby last night, I needed his shoulder to cry on. I don't want to go back to the way I was, but have proven to be doing just that this last 3 weeks. I've tried to go to phase 1, but lose it with fruit then other sweets. :?:

Where's my motivation and anger against unhealthy behavior that I had before?????? :?:

I don't want to be that other person, I don't want to be a person that got within 1 1/2 pounds of goal weight and then lost it!!!!!

I'm too chicken to eat anything today because I don't want to blow it! I need my head screwed on right, get right thinking and calm down.

Whew, they say confession is good for the soul. Thanks for being my religious leaders!

I'm with you all on this "fight" for survival!

I will win with phase one, I will not be a phattie! I will phight and win! I will phollow the plan :)

GoldieFun
09-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Hi ladies! :) I am new here...and I just thought I'd jump right in! :)

DH and I are planning to start the South Beach Diet on Tuesday (after the holiday weekend) and so I am getting all prepared now. :) I have 100 pounds to lose (haven't done my starting weight yet, though) and I have PCOS. Sooo, I think the low carbing will be good.

Here's a question: Did you all toss all of the "bad" foods before you started?

:) Lauren

Barb0522
09-01-2004, 12:46 PM
RNMOM - you can do it. You need to eat. Just sit down and plan what you will eat and then it is easier to stick to. Get your healthy snacks all cut up and ready so you aren't tempted as easily by other stuff.

Lauren- I didn't toss the bad stuff because my husband and son would still eat them. But I put them up high or out of the way so I wouldn't be constantly looking at them. Since both you and your DH are planning on doing South Beach, you may want to toss some of them but make sure you have your husband's cooperation so he doesn't pick up more. The longer I have stayed on South Beach, the more healthy foods I have been able to get my husband and son to eat.

RNMOM
09-01-2004, 12:50 PM
You are right, I CAN. I'm headed to the kitchen right now to get me a bunch of veggies cut up and a lunch ready for the day.

GoldieFun
09-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Barb -- Thanks! I know DH will be sad to see his cereal go! I think we'll get rid of some stuff like you suggested and just slowly let go of some of the other items we'll no longer be eating. :)

Does anyone have a good starter shopping list? I was thinking:
nuts
eggs
l.f. cheese
l.f. bacon
ricotta cheese
cocoa powder
cheesesticks
chicken breasts
salmon or other fish
I can't believe it's not butter spray
SF popscicles

Anything else?

:) Lauren

sweet tooth
09-01-2004, 01:16 PM
Good mornin'

It is cloudy, rainy and just plain nasty again today. But, I am up, and at the work again today. I can't believe how busy it has been this week with students back and the boss gone. Soooo many unusual problems have cropped up this week - we generally don't see them over the course of a year and many have happened this week so far. I can hardly wait for the rest of the week. :yikes:

Mama - Having someone else serving or bringing food home is always a problem. But, you do have advance warning, so plan what you will do. If you know that you will be tempted too much and won't be able to resist a piece, then plan to have it and don't feel guilty. I like your idea of scraping off the toppings, though.

ellis - So good to hear from you. Hope things are settling down in your life and you get through this without too much more stress.

Ruth - Good to hear that you are able to keep Sarah for a while longer. I think that, next year, I may want to hire someone to come and help with the yard work. Hopefully, we can find a high school student or something that wants to build muscles in the summer. :D We have frogs in one of our flower beds - quite moist, so they like it there. Our puppy is so intrigued by them, that she is always back there trying to catch them. It is funny to watch a dog that should have those 'life' skills learning new things. She is now 2, but her first summer was spent with her mom, and last year she was kenneled the entire summer because she had just gotten knee surgery. This is her first summer playing outside and exploring all the outside things going on...but of course, she is full grown, so unusual to watch her find new things. The frogs are the newest thing that she has discovered. :lol:

HistoryChick - Good luck with the interview. Hope everything goes well and that there is something positive come out of it. I read about the storm you had in the paper. I can see why you don't want anymore rain for a while...you still have to recover from the last bought. Good luck.

kvixen - Good luck with the studying. Hubby did his LSATs many, many years ago, but didn't do any studying for them. He was teaching math in a college environment at the time and his english has always been good, so he breezed through in the top percentiles. He makes me so annoyed sometimes when others spend the hours studying and he walks in without having opened a book. Hope your studying goes well. When are the exams?

jenne - I know what you mean about feeling BLAH. Me too. I jumped up 2 pounds yesterday and didn't realize that it was that TOM again. I am hoping for good news with weight loss at the end of the week, though. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Weezle - Glad to hear that Terry made it through the accident stuff OK. I was telling DH about his show car last night - my DH is a car fanatic. He owned a repair shop and has a mechanic's license (in a previous life), and loves old cars. We have a '59 Ford and a '53 GMC 5 window truck. He goes to any car shows that he can possibly get to...even when he has to go alone. :lol: Hope everything workd out that Terry can get the car fixed. Does he do the work himself, or will he have the repairs done by someone else?

Heidi - I will have to remember the neighbour noise excuse when I have to go out to the garden this weekend. :D It really isn't that I dislike gardening, it is just that our yard is completely out of control. I wasn't feeling very well this spring, so it didn't get done properly, then it became a forest of weeds while we were on holidays and we have not been able to get them under control since. However, the summer is coming to an end, so we will need to do something before winter...this weekend is it.

Barb - Congrats on your queen for a month status. I looked at your stats and just can't imagine that I will ever want to exercise that much in one month. ;) I just don't enjoy that much and, NO, I do not miss it when I am too busy to exercise. :D However, I also know that it is healthy for me and am trying to form a habit to include in my lifestyle. Have great day.

Hope everyone has a great day. I have OP menus planned for today and I am anticipating a weight loss this week. My weight popped up a bit yesterday, but that goes with the program, I guess. Take care.

yaya9577
09-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Hello Chicks,

Today is a beautiful sunny day in KS, not too warm yet. DH cheated on SB yesterday. He told me he had 2 candy bars, 3 regular pops, and steak fries with his healthy stir-fry I packed him for lunch. LOL. Oh well, I'm going to continue making and sending SB foods for him. I did really good yesterday, drank a TON of water, but had some awful cravings! But I didnt want to undo all the good I have done and I just feel better when I'm doing this. Work was a total nightmare yesterday!! UGH!!!!

Jess--Good luck on the interview!!!

Lauren---yes, we tossed or ate all the bad foods. It's just too tempting for me in the beginning. We had a big fat blow-out the weekend before... ate EVERYTHING!!

RNMOM--- I totally understand how you feel! The hubby and I did SB in July for 2 weeks, did great, lost, and then I got bored or something. I felt miserable just gaining, yet I knew SB worked and made me feel better. The past month I have been an emotional nightmare for the poor DH...crying about my weight and why I keep getting bigger and bigger. Hang in there! I think for me this week, I just got fed up and mad at myself...none of my clothes look nice on me, etc. Good luck!

HistoryChick
09-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Hello Ladies...I'm back...the interview went fine...it was just like an introduction to the company...there were 4 other people there for the interview....3 guys and one other girl...it looks interesting but I dunno....I go back tomorrow for a second interview...Then I will find out whether or not it's all commission and all that stuff...hmm....Here's to crossing my fingers for tomorrow....Is it bad that I thought the 3 guys were hot and that one on of the guys that works there is hot as well? lol anyways it is a very beautiful day here....the sun is out and everything is attempting to dry...I hope everyone has a great afternoon!

kvixen
09-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Hi, Peggy. The test is October 2nd, so I am lean, mean LSAT machine until I get there. It is the math people who skew the curve for the rest of us. Grrrr. ;-) I do remarkably well in all of the other sections, I consistently only get 8-10 wrong on the whole rest of the test (3 sections), but the math/puzzles/logic section I just can't do. I get 20 wrong. It's crazy! Somehow, I can master the whole test, except the puzzles. So I photocopied every single puzzle section I could get my little paws on and I am going through them one at a time until I can get at least three of the four puzzles, and only 1 wrong for the ones I do get to. I only have 4 weeks! I have been studying since July, and I was in the top 30% on my first test, so I just need to go up 7-10 measly little points. Thanks for asking!

Lauren- I did a couple of weeks of clean up: cleaning out the fridge and cupboard of the stuff that we can't have. I tried to mostly do Phase 1, but still finish that last little bit of pasta, or butter, or cream or fruit. Then when I opened my fridge and saw nothing but eggs, mustard and olives, I went out and stocked up. Actually, I stocked up over two weeks to delay a huge grocery bill. My best advice to get sf jello and popsicles. They got me through Ph1. And for snacks, I am obsessed with celery and laughing cow cheese. It's not cheap, but is creamy and tastes like you're cheating. I really think that easing into Ph1 is the way to go. Then the real Ph1 isn't as hard on you as you expect. IMHO.

Everyone else, keep enjoying a great day!

weezle
09-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Does he do the work himself, or will he have the repairs done by someone else?

Somewhere else, this time. It's too extensive for his experience. The place he gets it done is called Elite Auto Body. They've done everything to his car, so hopefully they'll do a good job fixing it up.