South Beach Diet - Just thought this was humorous...

View Full Version : Just thought this was humorous...

AdiaFaith
08-31-2004, 02:54 PM
Anyone know anybody that's been hit on in MacDonald's?

My fiance, Bryon went to lunch at Macdonald's by himself today while I lunch with a lovely lady named Laurie...(some of you may know her ;) ) Bry stopped in to the cafe to pick me up and informed us that he had been hit on in MacDonald's.....by a man. :lol:

Apparently he was eating his meal of fat alone in a booth and guy just sat down across from him and said "Hi!" Bryon, catching the drift only said "Bye" as he got up to dump his tray and leave....poor guy!

Laurie and I found this really quite random. Who picks people up in a fast food joint?

So here it is...random question of the day....has anyone ever been picked up in a Fast Food restaurant? Let's expand it even farther....does anyone know anyone who has done either?

Curious..... :lol:

Ruthxxx
08-31-2004, 02:59 PM
I've never been picked up in a fast food joint. Maybe I should start hanging out there.

Hey! You mean Bryon didn't finish his lunch? Why didn't he just tell the guy to screw off? (Are you going to post pics of Bry so we can all drool? He must be darn good looking! :lol3: )

beachgal
08-31-2004, 03:11 PM
He's in the picture with Sarah. They are both gorgeous people! :) And nice lunch companions. :yes:

That's what I told Bryon, too, Ruth...he must be such an attractive guy that people just have to sit down next to him! ;)

I was amused that this happened in a McDonald's...didn't know anyone tried to pick people up there! ;)

wendyjo
08-31-2004, 03:32 PM
LOL! Ewwww! I'm not sure which is worse - getting hit on there or actually eating there!!!

kvixen
08-31-2004, 03:53 PM
I always get hit on at gas stations. Isn't that bizarre? But not at fast food joints. McD's was one of my rare rare treats to myself (I know, I was pyscho) but I always got a single burger thru the drive thru. Some people are very lonely. That, or supremely confident. Which leads to a question: Does anyone have any fun stories as to how they met their SO/DH? You know, blind date, love at first sight, etc. etc. I am such a romantic! :love:

AdiaFaith
08-31-2004, 04:16 PM
WendyJo - I know, he's got some gross eating habits....but that's what I think about Tofu too....so who knows? :)

Kvixen - I know quite a few people who get hit on at gas stations...that's odd too.

Ruth, he was practically done with his lunch anyway. It consisted of...and this will gross you out...2 big macs, super sized fries, 2 apple pies, and a large Root Beer. Maybe it's better he didn't finish! :mcd:

Laurie pointed out that I look a lot different than my avatar. I haven't scanned in any recent pictures of the two of us though I did just get some good ones of Bry developed. The avatar picture is from February.

And we are most certainly not gorgeous people! Well, maybe Bryon is....:lol: He reminds me of that one British Actor...his name escapes me. He's in that new movie with Kirsten Dunst. He played Chaucer in a Knight's Tale and also in A Beautiful Mind. Tall, beanpole type that eats anything, with a great sense of humor and no censorship whatsoever! Though Laurie is quite the looker herself! A lovely lady, as I said, and a snazzy dresser. I loved your jewelry! :) BTW....I just got rid of the 1 o'clock guy.....ugghh :mad:

AdiaFaith
08-31-2004, 04:54 PM
That's actually a good idea.......chicks, how did you meet your roosters(we'll use the clean term this time :))?

Ruthxxx
08-31-2004, 06:21 PM
Let's start a love story thread! I haven't the time right now but maybe.......
Any volunteers?

ellis
08-31-2004, 09:07 PM
I started one... just moving the stories over. Would you believe, I'm mildly bored, and have nothing else to do right now? :lol3:

beachgal
09-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Ellis, you kill me! :lol:

You just want to get your # of posts up before Ruth gets her new 'net connection! :lol:

jenne1017
09-02-2004, 11:35 AM
I was hit one once, BY A GUY TOO (da nerve!)

I was eating fries and a coke and a guy came up to me and said, "Hey, Do you work for McDonald's?

Offended, I said, "NO!"

He said, "well, that's too damn bad for them honey because you make those fries look OH so good!"

I laughed right in his face...

AdiaFaith
09-02-2004, 11:59 AM
:lol::lol: Good to know he's not alone!

1busymomma
09-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Well, this is really bad. Recently I've been hit on a lot at wal-mart (small town I guess).

But that's not the worst that happened to me.

I went with my ex-husband to his 10 year class reunion being held at a winery. Having two very small children at home this was the perfect evening escape (or so we thought). We had dinner and chatted and the ex said we should mingle. O.k. fine I said not a problem. So we go out to the dance floor to mingle. Their were girls out their dancing with each other. We figured they were drunk. Still no big deal.

Until it happened.

The dancing couple made their way over to us on the dance floor were we were talking more than dancing. One of the girls grabbed my rear end. Then proceeded to yell to the crowd that she grabbed my rear end. She was slightly drunk, but she'd also done it on purpose. She wanted to dance with me and that was her way of asking!

I kept my butt firmly planted to my chair for the rest of the night. I was so embarrassed. :o

AdiaFaith
09-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Emily,

OH my goodness! :o I think I would have died right there......:)

1busymomma
09-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Lol, you can tell Bryon he has my sympathies. I completely understand the trauma of the experience!

beachgal
09-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Jenn, how corny! :lol:

I definitely would not want anyone grabbing my butt...but I wouldn't be offended by attention from a woman. :)

HistoryChick
09-02-2004, 03:27 PM
LOL this one time my brother and I were at a mcdonalds with his ex-fiance (not the new one) and 3 guys came in...and started checking my brother out saying he was hot and stuff....as soon as we got our stuff....my brother bolted.....I always seem to attract the old men....(dirty old men at that) and all the weirdo's

sarahyu
09-02-2004, 05:24 PM
The strangest attempted pick up was at a bus stop at the metro. This drunk homeless man tried to get me to go out with him. He kept saying, "It's because I'm (this color) right?" I was very nice and told him, "No, 1) my husband would not appreciate me stepping out on him and 2) you smell like a brewery and 3) I don't date strangers." Then the guy followed me onto my bus, kept asking me for my phone number and where I was getting off, he wanted to walk me home. I sat right behind the bus driver and told the driver I wasn't getting off until after the drunk guy left. It really freaked me out.

jenne1017
09-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Well, this is really bad. Recently I've been hit on a lot at wal-mart (small town I guess).

But that's not the worst that happened to me.

I went with my ex-husband to his 10 year class reunion being held at a winery. Having two very small children at home this was the perfect evening escape (or so we thought). We had dinner and chatted and the ex said we should mingle. O.k. fine I said not a problem. So we go out to the dance floor to mingle. Their were girls out their dancing with each other. We figured they were drunk. Still no big deal.

Until it happened.

The dancing couple made their way over to us on the dance floor were we were talking more than dancing. One of the girls grabbed my rear end. Then proceeded to yell to the crowd that she grabbed my rear end. She was slightly drunk, but she'd also done it on purpose. She wanted to dance with me and that was her way of asking!

I kept my butt firmly planted to my chair for the rest of the night. I was so embarrassed. :o

*holds her tongue for the most part*

But does say that it was a rude way of asking.

AdiaFaith
09-02-2004, 09:10 PM
No, I have to disagree everybody. I would die if anybody just grabbed my butt! I guess I'm just one who likes her butt to have a bit of privacy.

1busymomma
09-02-2004, 09:24 PM
While I certainly did not enjoy her grabbing my rear end...lol....it was mostly the fact that she continued to yell repeatedly until the entire class plus spouses of 1990 stopped and stared at her making a big deal about grabbing my rear end.

Even the band piped down a little bit to hear her announcement. I'm just a person who does not like being in the limelight all that much I guess, I'm a pretty quiet person.

It's funny now and I did not mean to offend anybody in regards to my story. :)

am_dove
09-03-2004, 11:04 AM
This was the weirdest pick-up attempt I've ever been a part of.

My BF and I were visiting friends out of town and we all went to the bar. I had to go to the ladies room, and when I came back this guy - completely drunk and I'm pretty sure he was on something harder than alcohol - was trying to pick my BF. He claimed it was for a "movie", I can just imagine what kind.

My poor BF was incredibly embarassed, he's not big into confrontation, so I tried telling the guy that he was already taken (by ME) and that he should find someone else to be in his alleged film. The guy then proceeded to try and convince me that he could use BOTH of us in the "movie".

It was mildly amusing, since we were pretty sure the guy was just drunk and trying to pull one over on us, but it was the weirdest thing either of us has ever had happen... Whenever we go to visit that friend we're afraid to go to that bar....

Our friends got a kick out of it, though, and spent most of the night mocking the guy by trying to play along.

beachgal
09-03-2004, 03:46 PM
I guess I'm just one who likes her butt to have a bit of privacy.

:lol3:

That was a priceless quote, Sarah! :D

My butt likes privacy, too. :)

I just don't really understand why anyone would be offended to be hit on by someone of the same sex. It's not an insult if someone thinks you are gay. :shrug: Just my humble opinion.

That said, people hitting on me better not do it in McDonald's, or do it by yelling and screaming and touching the parts of me that like privacy! :yikes:

1busymomma
09-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Uhm, I really did not mean for this to be blown out of proportion with my original posting. I have nothing against someones sexual preference, but as I stated in the last posting, I don't like being the center of attention and I certainly don't like my rear end being grabbed, GUY or GIRL.

Geesh, I should'nt have posted at all. Next time I will be the one to bite my tongue.

tigerlily29
09-04-2004, 02:56 PM
I got hit on in a convinience store. This creepy old man with half of his teeth missing stood in line behind me with his 40 of Papbs Blue ribbon under his arm and said,"Honey, there's a reason God made you." I laughed and asked him if that line ever worked for him. Now that I think about it I should have asked him why. I kinda WOULD like to know why God made me. Maybe this guy really had the answer.HA ha ha!!!