Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-31-2004, 12:09 PM   #1  
Woman on a Mission

Question Just diagnosed with mild depression...

Hello All,

I'm sorry to barge in to your forum but I wasn't sure where else to go and was hoping that perhaps some of you could share your experiences with me.

I was just recently diagnosed with mild depression and have been prescribed Prozac. For months now I've just not felt myself, low energy, no drive, no excitement and now my weight has started to creep back up (under a ten pound gain but enough for alarm to set in ). I know what I need to do and every day I start out with the best of intentions, but just feel so tired and blah and draggy that I just don't care and fix whatever is there. I'm just so tired of being tired all the time. I miss my workouts and my time with family and friends so am hopeful that if I can keep "faking it till I make it" and with the help of the new drug that maybe I'll regain my lifestyle back?

Have any of you been on Prozac and how did it work for you? Any advice would be welcome. I feel scared and relieved all at the same time that these feelings were not all in my head and have been validated as being "real".

TIA,
Sammy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:32 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Tia, and Welcome !

First your NOT barging in, this entire site is open to everyone. I wish more folks would come in here and talk but I do realize its just not that easy. Good for you for making the first step.

Prozac was the first antidepressant that I was on, and I liked it. I felt good on it, had no weight gain, infact I lost weight. It really worked for me. Just remember, as Chris informed me, do not skip doses... I'll have to find her post but it has something to do with your body needing a higher and higher dose to feel the effects... I'll find the post and link it for you to read.

I can relate to the feeling of being relieved and scared at the same time. Well now that you know what needs to be done, the healing can now start. Let me look for that link.

Hope to see you around.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:34 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Here you go !!! its a great thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45282
Old 09-01-2004, 11:52 PM   #4  
Woman on a Mission

Thanks for your response Leenie; much appreciated. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around more
Sammy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:46 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Your welcome Sammy