Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 11:11 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Question WW Pizza Crust and Freezing?

Hi, Peggy!

I'll PM you to make sure you see this thread, but wanted to know more about what recipe you used for the WW Pizza crust. I used a thick crust recipe in my Pillsbury cookbook this week, but found that the dough was very small and did not rise much. Would love to see other recipes.

Also, how did you freeze your crusts? Did you partially bake them first? Would love help on this, too!

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2004, 12:42 PM   #2  
Conquering with SBD

I took a favorite recipe that I have been using since the '70s and converted it to SBD friendly. I have not had any trouble with the dough not rising, but I use Splenda as the sugar substitute. Remember that yeast is activated by sugar, so artificial sweetener does not work. The Splenda has worked for me, though.

I made the crust a few times before I posted my recipe on the site and was pleased with the final result - however, it does make a thin crust pizza. I tweaked the recipe a little last weekend again and liked the result even more. I will edit my posted recipe with the revision.

I have frozen the pizza crusts both partially baked and raw. When I freeze the raw version, I let the crust rise a bit in the pan prior to freezing. That way, I don't get a really, really flat crust. However, when the crust is partially baked, it seems to remain thicker than the raw version.
Closed Thread