Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#3)

Sherry
08-31-2004, 09:15 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/welcomecountry

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/flower

ShelleyM
08-31-2004, 06:38 PM
Oh no! Another hurricane headed our way. This one is even bigger. Please pray that it doesn't come near Ft Myers this time!

gdeann
08-31-2004, 06:59 PM
Shelley, praying for ya, sister!!!!! Please stay safe!!!!!!!!!
I still need to take time to read about the core program.

Staying OP today (as of this point) Cleaned on the house and worked on craft show goodies.

DebbieA
08-31-2004, 09:45 PM
Hey Girls :wave:

School seems really hard for me this year "already". :stress:I guess it is just taking me longer to get into the swing of things, like getting up early...LOL.

Gayle....WTG on staying OP today!! I know we can do this, it's just harder getting started each time. But we like challenges...right?? :lol:

Shelley...We will keep you in our prayers. There was a bad storm that hit Virginia the other day too. Is things getting back to normal there now?

Dee....Hope you are at your Mom's and doing much better by now. Larry please post and let us know how she is doing when you can. Hugs Dee!!

Carol.....I weighed this morning and did not like what I saw!! :( I refuse REFUSE REFUSE!!! to put this weight back on. My work pants are so tight one me but I have just been wearing a long shirt over them...LOL. Today I also {like Gayle} was OP. Tomorrow I plan on repeating it too. Come on and join us...WE can all do this!!!

Sherry....." I LOVE MY LITTLE DEBBIE GIRL :) THANK YOU!!"
Hopefully you will find out soon if you have to continue going to the 2 schools. I know you hate it but it could be worse, you could be stuck at a school like mine forever...LOL. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend for the cookout. I promise to be good....not like last weekend. :cheers: Did you stay OP today?

Love to all my Floozies!! I hope everyone is well and happy.
I agree with everyone esle about keeping this thread alive. I have been terrible about posting the last few months and I am so sorry but promise to do better.
Love you guys...deb

ShelleyM
09-01-2004, 06:21 AM
Sherry-Can we make another challenge thread? I really need someone to report into. What does everyone think?

Yesterday was another day from **** for me. I hate being up front. Also, the auditors came and had a meeting with me and the principal, so now I have a lot more work to do, but no time. Then the principal just rolls her eyes or gives me a stare when I don't do something right.

gdeann
09-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Shelley,try not to let the pressure get to you. She KNOWS if she rolls her eyes and looks at you.... you WILL get the job done. She seriously takes advantage of you. Do you want me to come and whip her skinny little butt because she's picking on my friend??? LOL!!!

Working on craft stuff today, going to try, try, try to stay OP!

Nice seeing a message from you Debbie!

bootwoman
09-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Hey everyone. I didn't get to go to my convention. I ended up in bed with an ear infection, sinusitis, and bronchitis. I'm back at work to day and trying to wade through the mounds of work I have on my desk. I'll try my best to come back this evening and post to you all. Just wanted to let you know I'm here.

Later all......

ShelleyM
09-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Ramona-Please take care! You poor dear. I hope you are better now.

Sherry-Thanks for making the Challenge thread.

Gayle-You can come here any day and kick her skinny ***!!

Today was better. Oh, but she saw 4 buckets of mail waiting to be done and asked who is in charge of it. I said everyone. She said I should take 15 minutes everyday and do it.

gdeann
09-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Shelley, could the four mail buckets be shoved up her a**??? LOL! She sounds like the skinny boss from ****!!!! I feel for you, everyone knows they can take advantage of you because your such a kind hearted person.

Ramona, I'm sending get well hugs your direction. Please take care and get well soon. Nothing worse then an earache...I feel for you.

ShelleyM
09-02-2004, 06:37 AM
Gayle- :lol: :joker: You crack me up!!!

mzbhavin
09-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Shelley....Let us all come down there and Kick her *** for ya but then the hurricane is coming so just stick her out there in plain view of it and maybe it will take her away..lololololol JUST KIDDING.....everyone in Florida needs to be safe and stay alert this weekend.

Sherry....made that appointment yet?????

Gayle....I always get cheered up when you post no matter what the topic...Love ya

All my other friends I love you all and think of you often when i don't post but i will sneek a lurk in now and then. Be good and have a great Labor Day weekend.

Vicki

Sherry
09-02-2004, 08:39 AM
Ramona.....Please take care of yourself! Taking those meds????

Shelley....Tell that ole b**** to be nice to you! I'll move you to TN to work in our schools! She's lucky to have you & don't even know it!

Vicki....I haven't had time to call and make an appointment but I am!! My ankle was huge last night! (Only the right one)

Gayle...I agree...you crack me up! :lol:

More later....HUGS!

gdeann
09-02-2004, 03:14 PM
I hope everyone is doing ok today... Shelley, stay safe... our little Canadian chickadee should be arriving back home tomorrow. Please let us know how you are nd how everything went, just as soon as you can.

I'm usually a very serious person with a dark side... because of that, sometimes I tend to find the humor in things most people would not see as funny. Make sense? :-)

I'm base coating wood items today YUCK! I dread base coating stuff! That is probably why I've checked my email 3 times so far today!!! STAYING OP!

Do any of you use Sage for your telephone service? Today when I received my bill, it included a note ~~~ All long distance telephone calls made September 11th will be free.

gdeann
09-02-2004, 04:07 PM
I just heard the cutest song again! I think it's Toby Keith... I don't know the name, it's about Steve and Tina... bite off more then you can chew or it stays down in Mexico. If you catch it on the radio, listen carefully to the story! How cute!

Deelite
09-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Darlene is doing well.

As far as the doctor removing the disc, he chose no to because it wasnít the problem.

There was cartilage, tendons and muscle surrounding the nerve causing the pain down her leg and the numbness. He removed all the tissue and cartilage surrounding the nerve and told us that the nerve is just hanging there in space.

In his opinion this will correct the problem and now time will tell.

She was in a lot of pain yesterday and was heavily medicated.

Since it was a same day surgery, she is at her momís now for the rest of the week. Iíll be going to see her every day after work.

We all think that it is good news that she didnít get the disc removed and hope that things will get back to normal real soon.

Larry

4myloves
09-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Larry--thanks so much for keeping us informed!!

I sure do hope that the problem will be fixed when she's back "on her feet." I know she's been suffering. How long will it take to be able to tell for sure--6 weeks? 8?
If you check in again for her, let her know I'm thinking of her!

Shelley, I'm thinkin of you as well. Hope you're OK down there in Hurricane Central. Hang in there at work.

Gayle, I think you share my sense of humor type.

Ramona, feel better soon. 'K?

Sherry--hope your legs/ankles get better. Hope it's not that pblllllhhhht stuff that you and Vicky have been talking about.

Hey to Debbie, Doni, Jennelle and Vicky.

Hope I left no one out.

Your eating-everything-in-sight Floozie--
Cheryl

ShelleyM
09-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Larry-Please tell Dee I love her and am thinking of her!

School's closed again tomorrow for a hurricane day. Can you believe it? This whole storm thing is amazing. I am going to go out running right now since I probably won't be able to again this week!!

Deelite
09-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Shelly-
Dee heard about the storm on the news and is really concerned. She wishes you safe keeping.

DebbieA
09-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Larry....Tell Dee that we love her and miss her. I had back surgery in 1986 for some of the same problems. They put plastic plates in between my discs. I still have some stiffness even today and I'm very careful with my back. My recovery took a long time back then but I'm sure they have new ways of doing a lot now. Tell Dee to do exactly what the doctor says for a speedy recovery.
Hugs for Dee :grouphug:

gdeann
09-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Thank you so much Larry for taking the time to update us on our dear little friend. Tell her the "crazy Kansas chick" hopes she is back to her spunky Canadian chick-self soon! {{{{{HUGS to DEE & LARRY!!!!!}}}} Good luck getting Dez moved and settled in.

Shelley, please take care! Post and keep us updated!

Debbie, nice to see a message from you again. I've missed having you on the board.

Cheryl, yep, I think we are both demented... LOL!

Carol101
09-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Dee: I am so happy the surgery is over. Things are looking up for you now, I can just feel it. Take care and listen to what the Dr. says so you can be back on your feet in no time. Hugs.

I have really been feeling down on myself lately and can't get motivated about much of anything. I gave myself a good talking to this morning because when I was getting ready for work I couldn't find anything to wear because I can't fit into anything anymore. It was a struggle and very depressing to find almost nothing fits me any more!! So, after I talked to myself and sworn I was going to turn over a new leaf...................here it comes..... someone brought donuts to work!!! Oh God..... I think the devil is personally after me!! Without going into details, I have been very very bad again today! I don't know where to turn but here to my friends. Thanks for listening.

Congratuations for staying OP Debbie and Gayle. WTG..

Carol101
09-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Sherry: Get yourself to that doctor woman!! I worry about you. Take care of yourself!

Shelley: I feel for you in this new position you find yourself in. Hopefully you can find your nitch in this roll and people will get off your back!!! Hang in there!!

Ramona: Hope you feel better soon.

Sherry
09-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Hello :wave:

Larry...Thank you so much on the update on our friend. Give her a big hug, tell her I love her & get well SOON!!! Keep us posted on her!!! Thanks again! ;)

Carol...I've been having those little talks to myself too! I know how you feel girl. Remember last year how well you did and how long you were OP..a lot of days in a row! Well I know we can do it again! Keep your chin up...we will & can do it!! :D

Well guess what everyone???? I went to the Dr. today!!!! :cp: I worked 1/2 day and then went. I told her how tired I always was, my legs hurting etc.... First of all...My blood pressure was 168/100..It's STILL running high! :( After being on 5 different kinds of b/p pills you would think by now there was one to bring it down. Of course she was upset about that....

She drew 4 tubes of blood. She's checking to see if I'm an Anemic again. (I take iron pills daily but when it drops real low I have to go through a round of iron shots...which I hate!) She's checking for Thyroid & RLS (Restless Legs Syndome). She also found a heart murmur which I've NEVER had! She said she was going to get a referal from my insurance company and send me to a cardiologist. She has never heard one until today. She said she hopes that's whats not causing my swelling in my legs & ankles. She's calling me next week with the results and we'll go from there. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Hugs....

ShelleyM
09-03-2004, 06:51 AM
Sherry-Please keep us posted. I love you, girl and don't want anything to happen to you! Do as the Dr. says!

Carol101
09-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Sherry: I am so happy you found the time to go to see the Dr. You must have been quite surprised with all the things he told you. Having recently been to the Dr. myself, I found my b/p as high as yours, I have been put on meds to bring it down and am in the experimental stage to see if this works or if I need to try stronger meds or a different one. Until you get to a cardiologist you won't really know what is going on with you, but I am thinking happy thoughts for you that all will be well soon. {{HUGS}}} Please take very very good care of yourself and let us know how your doing. I worry so.... Love you girl!! Now we both have even more reason to get our weight down.... WE CAN DO THIS. You did it before and I did it before so there is no reason we can't do it again!!

Shelley: Thank you so much for sending me the info on WW. Your a gem.

I will try to get back and post to everyone else later, but gotta run for now.

Have a great OP day!

DebbieA
09-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Morning Girls

Sherry..I'm so glad you went to the doctor. Please, please take care of yourself and follow this thing through. I agree with Carol, just one more good reason for us to get this weight off.

Carol....I like you are back to one day. I did so good for 3 days then last night I had CHINESE!!! I was tired and just stopped to get something quick and easy. Story of my life...lol. I posted on the challenge thread too!!! Good luck today...We can do this thang together!!!

Gayle....You sound like you are busy with the crafts again. Do you have a show coming up soon? How is your classes going?

Dee...Hope this morning finds you doing a lot better. Please do as the doctor says and you will be good as new soon. Just lay back and let all those family nurses take care of you. Hugs!!

Shelley....I have joined you and Carol on the Thanksgiving Challenge thread!!! I may even show up on the EXCERISE thread soon. Wouldn't that be a shocker...lol.

Ramona...Hope you are feeling better today. Sorry you missed your convention but getting well is much more important.

Cheryl, Vicki, Tina, Jennelle and Doni...How are you doing?
What is everyone plans for the Labor Day weekend?

Thanksgiving Countdown!!!
0 days down....84 TO GO

mzbhavin
09-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Larry....Thanks so much for keeping us updated on how Dee is doing ...Give her our Love...

Sherry ...so glad that you went and hoping everything is going to be well with the tests. You made the biggest step to getting this taken care of.

Shelley.....Thinking of you and my family down there. Hopefully this thing will not cause very much damage and you will not be affected to badly by it.

Labor Day weekend is to relax,relax, relax.

Smile and the world Smiles back at ya.

Vicki

gdeann
09-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Debbie, I have a craft show in 3 weeks and I am NOT prepared! I've been painting glassware, candles, purses, clothing, basically anything not eating, breathing or moving. LOL! My family better keep moving around here, otherwise they will be painted and sold!!! Actually, with everything else going on, I am lucky to finish one completed item a day... The show will be outdoors, about 100 miles from here, I'm really not sure what I want to risk taking. I will have another show the weekend before Thanksgiving. This one will be smaller but more convenient. It is indoors and in the same town where I live.

Sherry, please stay in contact with the doctor and do what she orders. The swelling could be caused by heart problems. Let us know what you find out as soon as you can.

Carol, nice to hear from you. I'm struggling too... I want to just crawl in a big dark hole, but I know for my own sanity, I need to keep coming here and posting even if I don't feel like it.

Steve and I have been discussing a move which would of been out of state, about 10 hours from here and our parents. This was a MAJOR decision for us, it would of meant a HUGE raise for Steve along with a promotion placing him on coorporate level. If it wasn't for the parents, we would of jumped on the offer. After considering the age and the health of the parents, Steve declined the offer. Both of us understand we need to be here, but it's hard to also give up changes in your own life just to make others happy. So, finally closure, this has been weighing heavily on my mind for the past few weeks.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!

gdeann
09-03-2004, 12:11 PM
Hey Vickster, I didn't see your message when I posted. Just wanted you to know I wasn't ignoring you!!!! :-)

Carol101
09-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Sherry....How are you feeling today? Were you able to stay OP?

Debbie....Those last minute stops for fast food can get me too. I think I should carry food in my purse just so I don't get so hungry that I am ready to grab anything. :lol: And I learned a long time ago to never go grocery shopping when you are hungry (although sometimes it still happens). I pick up everything and anything that looks good. :eek:

I finally made it through one whole day of being OP. Now I can shoot for Day 2... Hang in there with me!!! We have to get rid of that sugar monster!!!

Wow Gayle..... you really are a busy little bee. And then considering a move...... You sound like you have been under a lot of stress. I am sure it was a hard decision to make on whether to move or stay nearby the parents. But now that the decision is made, lets crawl out of that hole, dust ourselves off, stand up tall and start the new day with a fresh attitude. I know you can reach deep down and find that little spark to turn it all around!

Dee...How are you doing today? Hope everyone is taking great care of the special lady... Feel better!

Shelley....I hope all is well with you and Hurricane Frances stays far far way... Please take care of yourself.

Ramona...Are you feeling better and did you wade through all that work and get caught up. I hope your not buried with that work!!!!

Vicki: Yes, this long weekend is a time to relax, relax and relax some more. Now if you could just get my house to clean itself I could do that!! :lol:

Cheryl, Tina, Jennelle and Doni...Hello to all of you. Please come post today and let us know what your plans are for the holiday weekend.

I think I have taken the term "labor day" literally and have so many things I want to get done this weekend. I have been putting off a lot of chores lately and they are piling up. I just have to get some stuff done around here for a change. So, I will at least try to make a dent in it.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!!

Carol101
09-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Good Morning All!!

Hope eveyone is enjoying their holiday weekend.

Day 2 gone and stayed OP. Counting down on day 3 now.!!!

Come join me!! We can do this together!!

Shelley: With the hurricane down your way, I hope all is well with you. Please take care of yourself!!

Sherry
09-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Carol....I'm so proud of you for staying OP!!! WTG! :cp: I really can't do anything until the results come back from my bloodwork. I love your pillsbury doughboy!! :D

Shelley...I'm really thinking about you down there! I hope your family & friends stay safe. BIG HUGS! :grouphug:

I just finished making deviled eggs,potato salad & mac & cheese to take to Debbie's. We are having a cook out and hopefully swim a little...if the weather holds out.

What are everyone's plans for today & tomorrow?

Hello to all.....Hope you're feeling better Dee...I sure miss you!!

HUGS!

gdeann
09-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Carol, I love your Pillsbury doughboy!! How cute!

Sherry, have fun with Deb today!

I sent prayers to Shelley last night, but somehow the post is missing! Shelley, praying for your family through all of this mess. Please stay safe, update us when you can. LOVE YOU!

tinagailh
09-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi, I have to confess I have been a lurker. I enjoy reading everyones posts.

Sherry hope you have a great time over at Debbies. Sounds like fun.

Shelley I hope you and your family are safe. my prayers are with you.

Hi Gayle! I'm still going through the same ole family mess I told you about awhile back. Change is so hard

Carol thumbs up to you for staying OP!!! I am on the eat everything that doesn't eat me diet. LOL

No big plans for me this holiday. Just hanging around the house probably. Hope everyone enjoys there holiday.
Love
Tina

ShelleyM
09-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks everyone for your prayers. The electricity just came back on. We were using the generator, but I couldn't turn on my computer and I tried using Becky's but couldn't remember my log in!
Hope everyone has fun today and tomorrow. It is still very gloomy here. Frances still hasn't really appeared a whole lot. We have had wind and rain, but no torrential downpours so far.
It has been very boring around the house. Is all I want to do is eat. Yesterday I was OP, but probably ate more than I should although I did get an 11 mile run in. Today, no running due to weather conditions.

mzbhavin
09-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey Shelley.....How did you do with the hurricane that came your way last nite. Did the west coast get much effect from it. Hope everything is ok with you and your loved ones.

Sherry....How's the leg doing??????

Gayle.. How are things with you this last day of a long weekend???

Take care , check in later

Vickster

Carol101
09-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Good Morning all my Floozie Friends!! Hope you are all having a fun, relaxing Labor Day Weekend!!

Shelley.......Please stay safe. I hear another hurricane is forming as Hurricane Frances is leaving... OMG... What is happening???

Sherry & Debbie......... Did you have fun at your cookout? Did you get a chance to swim in Debbie's new pool? I hope you both were able to relax and enjoy the day!! You both deserve it.

Sherry... How are your legs today?

Debbie ... How did you do staying OP? I know you can do this. We have done it before and can do it again.

Gayle .... Are you getting all your crafts done for your show? I hope you get a break in there somewhere.

Tina ... Thanks for checking in with us. Keep on posting, believe me it helps. Hope your family life comes to some kind of order soon.. {{{Hugs}}}

Dee... How are you feeling? Getting a little better every day I hope.

Cheryl, Vicki, Jennelle and Doni...How are you doing? Hope everyone is enjoying this long weekend for Labor Day. Post soon. Miss you all..

Hugs

ShelleyM
09-06-2004, 12:00 PM
We didn't get much at all, and now Ivan is a category 4. This is getting ridiculous!
Vicki-How did your parents make it through the storm?
Larry-How is Dee? Please let us know!
Gayle-Take a break with your crafts and send us some pictures of them!

gdeann
09-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Whew! Glad to hear guys are ok Shelley!!!!! You wanna move to Kansas??? LOL!

Sherry
09-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Shelley...I'm glad you're ok!!!!!! :grouphug:

Larry....How's our DEE?????

Going to start a new thread & go to bed...so tired and my legs hurt & are swollen.....

Goodnight Hugs....

Sherry
09-06-2004, 11:48 PM
STOP!!!!!!!

Please Go To #4...............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!! :wave: